Review of thredUP

San Francisco, CA 94104, United States
support@thredup.com

donnat385
6/14/19

There is no zero for the star rating or that is what I would give! Sent a full bag of Name Brand clothing, mostly new! Got (are you ready for this?) a whopping $10 payout or 18 if they sell! Giving to Goodwill from now on!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We apologize that you didn't earn as much as you had in mind with our Clean Out program, Donna. We do our best to manage initial expectations & provide our sellers with as much information as possible so they are able to decide if thredUP is the best fit for them. We provide tools like our payout structure (http://bit.ly/2V4A6Re) & payout estimator (thredup.com/cleanout/payout-estimator) and our support team is always available to help along the way. thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. If you'd like to review anything further, or if you have any questions, you can always drop us a line over at thredup.com/contact. Thank you.
lindsays168
6/10/19

I sent in a ton of brand new, cute clothes (mostly with tags) and got NOTHING. All of them were name brands and in perfect condition. Was thinking it would be worth getting less with doing less work (considering I have an infant at home), but never thought I would get absolutely nothing listed. I definitely should have tried listing a few of the expensive name brand items on eBay. Lesson learned.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hey Lindsay—thredUP is the most convenient way to clean out your closet and find new homes for items you’re no longer loving. Selling on eBay is awesome if you have the time and space to do that. It’s definitely more work on the seller’s end (photography, listing, sharing your listing, keeping the items in your home until you sell them). thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. We are truly sorry if you felt like your expectations weren’t properly managed when you explored cleaning out with us. We do our best to accurately let people know what their payouts might look like before they are able to order a clean out kit or label from us.
denan5
6/10/19

I sent brand name clothes tons with tags still on them the bag was full!!! I got $11 wow, I spent that on laundry soap to wash the damn clothes!!! This is a SCAM, makes their pockets fat, and you get nothing in return. You truly are better off with a yard sale. I got maybe .40 cents on clothes they are selling for $25 a piece. Crooks!!!!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We're sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you were hoping for with thredUP, Dena. It's important to us that we manage expectations when it comes to how much sellers can earn with us. We provide tools like our payout structure (http://bit.ly/2V4A6Re) & payout estimator (thredup.com/cleanout/payout-estimator) and our support team is always available to help along the way. thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. If you'd like to review anything further, or if you have any questions, you can always drop us a line over at thredup.com/contact. Thank you.
kylies34
6/10/19

My review is only for children items. I have found their prices to be extremely overpriced for used clothing for kids, 10.99 for a single used carters onsie? Seriously you can find a whole outfit for that price on sale. Normally $2-2.50 is going rate for Onesies at consignments. Especially out of season clothing. I think they need to re evaluate their prices

kellip25
6/8/19

I would've been better off having a yard sale or simply donating to needy!! I sent in about 50pc - most brand new!!! They listed 21pc and only offered me 5% of the sale = $4.45 total ?!?! Then they took $10.99 return fee for the unlisted items, which had me pay them to earn 95% off my clothes!!! WTHeck!?!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Kelli—we're sorry to hear that you didn't earn as much as you had hoped when cleaning out with us. We know how disappointing it is when expectations aren't met, this is why we are very transparent about what types of items accept & how much sellers can make with thredUP (thredup.com/cleanout/payout-estimator). thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. The $10.99 Return Assurance fee is deducted from seller's earnings - this is an optional add on service for customers who prefer to receive their rejected items back. If you have any questions please feel welcome to reach out to us via thredup.com/contact.
andreab141
6/8/19

I had selected very nice items, over half still had price tags on them. I received a whopping $4.87 for all of my items in the "ThredUP" bag. I will not "donate" to ThredUP again. Horrible experience. I could have sold all of my items on another website and received well over $500! Lesson Learned!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We're sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience you were hoping for with thredUP, Andrea. It's important to us that we manage expectations when it comes to how much sellers can earn with us. We provide tools like our payout structure (http://bit.ly/2V4A6Re) & payout estimator (thredup.com/cleanout/payout-estimator) and our support team is always available to help along the way. thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. If you'd like to review anything further, or if you have any questions, you can always drop us a line over at thredup.com/contact. Thank you.
maryh768
6/7/19

I usually sell clothing locally and get a pretty good price for my clothes. I decided to choose Thred Up because I saw a YT video who recommended it. I ordered the 'clean out' box kit (which by the way is just a link to a printable label) and sent my things along. I was offered very little, compared to what I get locally, but I still thought I would take the credit and at least find something to purchase with my $10.00! As I started shopping, I used the sorter to specify type of clothing and my size. When I finally found something (very difficult to do when you only have $10.00 and $5.99 of that is shipping cost. I was trying to keep my cost down as much as possible). I found a pair of jeans in my size, and a blouse with minimum out of pocket. Never did I deviate from my own specific sorting of sizes and clothing choice. When the package arrived I was unpleasantly surprised,. The blouse did not fit at all. Ok I though I can return. But when I saw the jeans, they were a boys size 16, not women's at all. Of course, a sale item and not eligible for return. So disappointed, especially to think I could again have sold and shopped locally. Never again!!!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We apologize for any disappointment you've experienced when selling or shopping with thredUP, Mary. Our team strives to list items as accurately as possible and we are always here to help when things don't go according to plan. If you haven't already done so, we would invite you to reach out to our support team (thredup.com/contact) for assistance in this matter.
andraeab
6/7/19

I sent them in a number of designer clothes, brand new with tags, and they sent me back a gift card for 75 cents that doesnt even work!! Unbelievable. The owner needs to be in jail!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We're sorry to hear that you are having some difficulties with your pre-paid card, Andraea. If you'd like to reach out to our support team they'd be happy to assist, they can be reached via thredup.com/contact.
melisas20
6/6/19

I purchased about 6 name brand items, the box arrived at my office and there was a 60.00 duty fee on the box (which I was totally fine with) I paid the fee.... opened the box... and nothing in the box was mine !!! OK mistakes happen and I get that, but lets just make this right.
I contacted Thredup to let them know of the error as well the packing slip inside had the name of the person whos order it must have been, I contacted that person as well to let them know that I received their product in error, she as well vice versa received my product in error
Thred up got back to me on my explaining of the error in boxes; they told me to keep or donate the product and that they would refund me the original order cost, Great,.... but what about my order, what about the lady that was expecting the order that I was now told to keep or donate and what about my 60.00 duty that I paid on a order that is not mine !!! I have repeatedly emailed Thred up with the above questions with absolutely no reply. I want my 60.00 Thred up !!!! this was your error and would expect reimbursement. I will never order from them again.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Melisa—we are truly sorry that you had this experience and for any oversights on our end. We would love the opportunity to look into this further and make things right. Please feel welcome to reach back out via thredup.com/contact for additional assistance. We hope to hear from you soon!
alyssas89
6/5/19

I've placed 5 orders with thredup. In total, I've purchased 10 items. Of the 10 items, 8 arrived damaged in one way or another, some orders every item I placed had a rip stain or other issue that was not stated online (everything from smells to the dyes on the patterns running across the garment).

Some Examples: I bought a red floral dress that had white flowers on it, it said it was new with no defects, when it arrived the flowers had turned pink in places because someone had washed it and the dye bled. I ordered a white linen blazers that was 'new with tags' and when I got it, there were large orange spots all over it, the kind that are made with old blood. Several items arrived covered in hair or smelling like mold or smoke.

I messaged customer service about each, sending photos. Thankfully they either refunded me or offered a discount but when you're saying something is in perfect condition it should not have large stains and rips. It's not worth it for me to go through the hassle when so many items arrived damaged. There are other re-sale sites where I've not had this issue I'll stick with them.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience, Alyssa. We are very sorry to hear that you received items from our site in this condition - please know that it is not up to our standards. We have very strict quality standards that we work hard to uphold. We're glad that you were able to resolve this matter with our support team, please know that we are always here to help when things don't go according to plan & we will do everything we can to make things right.
karenf517
6/5/19

I gave at least $1000 worth of items (keep in mind this was my second chance with them). My pay-out' to date is a whopping $16. Some items show unavailable and I have yet to receive an answer to why. I did choose consignment. I am also disappointed that their prices have jumped. I will now go back to donating and not selling nor buying through Thred-Up.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We are truly sorry if you felt like your expectations weren’t properly managed when you explored cleaning out with us, Karen. We do our best to accurately let people know what their payouts might look like before they are able to order a clean out kit or label from us. Our support team will be able to clarify further, and you should be hearing from an agent within 24-48 hours, but this article may be helpful in regards to how we payout for consignment items: http://bit.ly/2FbqhaD. Thank you for your review & we hope you may sell with us again in the future!
barbarav105
6/4/19

Several weeks, no acknowledgement of receipt of box full of clothes.
They won't answer emails. It's a scam.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Barbara—our response time via email is typically 24-48 hours. If you still haven't heard back within that time frame please feel welcome to reach back out. Our support team would be more than happy to look into this for you. In the meantime, if you'd like to refer to your account under thredup.com/bags you will be able to locate your Clean Out Kit and check on the status.
annav87
6/2/19

I signed up not only to ThreadUp but Poshmark, and I periodically donate items to Housing Works, and PickUpPlease a service that picks up your items and donates them to veterans and families of veterans. Poshmark gets 5 stars. It's seamless and well designed. You have to stay on top of it, and it became my "twitter." I never got a bot, or a solicitation or a rude comment. Getting paid is simple. No third party. However, THREADUP is another story. 1 month to get the bag, 1 months for them to sort my bag. Another 3 weeks to get paid and they subtract the processing fee for a third party pay out (this is NOT a safe source either). ThreadUp is basically as scam with not backing. They want you not to cash out but to buy what they have on line. Their "help" is no help. I sent in 25 items. Good condition. LuLu, Theory, etc. I got $33 minus 10% processing for my cash. Stay away from this hustle. Donate to Vets or Housingworks instead.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Anna—we are sorry to know that your clean out experience didn't meet your expectations. At thredUP we are doing something that has never been done before, what works for other companies doesn't always work for us! We have 2.5 million unique items on our site at any given time. We list, photograph, and store items, which most other resale sites do not handle. The payment processor we use for direct deposits when cashing out, Stripe, has the most stringent level of PCI certification available in the payments industry. There are certain fees that apply when cashing out via Stripe, but we do offer other cashing out that do not have fees. Please feel welcome to reach out to thredup.com/contact for more info.
emin1
6/1/19

If you are smart about finding good clothes, I think you can find good purchases. Unlike other reviewers, I was ok with the payout for my selling. It is on par with the local consignment shop. I did recently send a bag with much higher quality items, which I sent with the return assurance. If I do not receive the items back, then obviously my opinion of the company will change greatly.

What I am very disappointed with is the bait-and-switch pricing scheme which I think they implemented recently. I see one price on the item page, but increases 5-20% when I add to cart. This is very deceptive.

Also, I think sizing labeling, categorization, etc. have gotten very sloppy. With only two pictures per item, having more discipline in this aspect is critical. For example, I purchased a coat that was labeled "L" size, but was a men's large-so really much too large for me.

Another thing which I think is really disappointing is when they separate items which are obviously sets, like bikinis or suiting. It may increase flexibility for customers looking to purchase, but if you are ever looking for a suit set, you don't need to hunt down both the top and bottom, or only find one available because the other was purchased.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We apologize that you haven't been satisfied with thredUP recently, Emi. Your feedback will be passed along the appropriate teams. Anytime you receive an item that doesn't match the original description our support team is happy to assist, please don't ever hesitate to reach out! We are available via thredup.com/contact.
sandyb235
6/1/19

I sent in 2 bags - I have a potential of earning $20 - what a slap in the face. They are using YOU to make money. I was scammed into this thinking it was an easy way to sell my name brand like new clothing. It was too good to be true. Plus - if I were to buy something from them - the shipping maximum is unreasonable. I think people who sell on the site should receive free shipping for life as they are making a mint off of my items. I totally regret sending in 2 kits. I would have been better off with ebay or just a tax write off. DO NOT USE TREDUP

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Sandy—we're sorry to hear that you didn't earn as much as you had hoped when cleaning out with us. We know how disappointing it is when expectations aren't met, this is why we are very transparent about what types of items accept & how much sellers can make with thredUP (thredup.com/cleanout/payout-estimator). thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. If you'd like to discuss your Clean Out payout in more detail please feel welcome to reach out to us at support@thredup.com.
rinir1
6/1/19

As a first time pregnant woman, I chose Thred Up for maternity shopping. Obviously i wasn't sure of the sizes and made a few returns for store credit. I was finally done with the clothes not working out and i opted to get my money back in the original form. I paid for shipping (as per their rules) only to have the amount still refunded as store credit. I reached out to customer service to get the refund processed and their response was that 'as a one time exception they will refund my amount, after deducting an additional $8.99 for previous shipments'. Essentially they would make me pay twice for shipping in order to not have my money stuck as store credit for ever. For context, it is not like i returned every single item I purchased from them. I did keep some clothes along the way and cumulatively (adjusting for refunds) would have spent at least $300 on purchases. In the end I was charged $18 to get a refund on $51 to my bank statement. This is the lowest I have seen any company stoop down to. I wanted to make a difference on impact to the environment, but i guess i don't want to do it at the expense of supporting a fraudulent buinsess, who is also known to undercut sellers and keep profits in-house.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Thank you for this feedback, Rini. We apologize for any oversights on our end that caused you to have this experience. Customers should not have to pay for return shipping twice. We'd welcome you to reach back out on Facebook or Twitter so that we are able to review further (thredup.com/conatct). We hope to connect with you soon!
chrisstanb
5/30/19

I sent in over $2,500 worth of new name brand clothes, shoes and purses they gave me $140.00. Biggest rip off!!!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Chrisstan,
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our Clean Out program. Please send us your account information, so we can further review this with you. You can message us on this platform or reach out to our Customer Service via support@thredup.com.
barbarah514
5/29/19

got two pair that were in excellent condition at a bargain price! I will be ordering more from this company

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Awesome to hear, Barbara! We hope you continue to find lots of great treasures on thredUP. See you soon!
chaum1
5/28/19
• Updated review

While thredUP still has some issues, I do appreciate a couple of changes they have made:

1) Offering thredUP Unlimited (a program which I believe is in beta). This gives me unlimited free shipping regardless of how much I buy and has made me return to the site and shop there regularly again. Also, returns are free if you choose store credit -- which I do -- and there's no more annoying restocking fee.

Consumers have come to expect free shipping, and I honestly don't care if they are passing that cost back to us, I just have to work a bit harder to find a good deal. The Unlimited program has made me purchase items I normally wouldn't and I end up keeping them. I hope they roll this program out officially. NOTE: this program is different from getting free shipping after $79, and different from the "bundling" thing.

2) You can now donate items using your own box/bag and they'll no longer deduct that from your earnings, which is nice.

HOWEVER, on the downside, thredUP has made some bad changes as well:

- No more size measurements on certain items, such as tops and skirts. (They still provide measurements for pants at least.) This makes it a lot riskier for me to buy clothes. It's unfortunate because their rationale for not providing measurements is to quicken the pace for listing items -- i.e. sellers don't have to wait as long for their stuff to get processed -- but it's a big negative for buyers. In fact, it's a bit counterproductive if you think about it. If thredUP is trying to move inventory, then they should take a few minutes to provide sizing, so that buyers are more willing to purchase. I now stop myself from buying things because I don't know if they will fit. And despite my free shipping (see above), it's too much of a hassle/risk.

- Payouts are lower than they used to be. This is anecdotal, but I found that my seller bags are getting less money. I used to be pleasantly surprised and happy w/ the payout (and would spend all of it shopping on thredUP) but now it feels more like donation.

Overall, I've come back to thredUP and appreciate their testing/experimenting. I shop there for about 50% of my clothing needs (as opposed to 100% before in 2017 when it was great, and 10% in 2018 when it was super bad). I hope the company sticks around because overall I get some decent value from it, and I love being a conscious consumer.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Thanks for the updated review, Rachel! We're excited to hear that you're enjoying thredUP a bit more these days & we appreciate all the feedback you've shared.

Just to touch on our recent changes to the measurements we provide—we include measurements on some, but not all, of our item categories. We fully understand that for those who did rely on these measurements this is an unwelcome change and we are sorry if it has affected you negatively. Today we process approximately 100,000 items per day and growing! It may seem like nothing, but saving even pennies per item processed can help us keep costs down across the site. We hope this insight may help you understand why we made these changes. If you ever receive an item that's not as described please contact us and we will make it right.
“Going downhill .... fast.”
9/23/18
• Previous review

As recently as 3 months ago, ThredUP was amazing and had become my go-to shopping destination. I started spending more of my money there and had stopped shopping at other places (online and otherwise). The deals were great, I loved their marketing/packaging, and I loved that I was doing my part to reduce my carbon footprint.

However, their recent changes have soured my experience:
- Quality control is horrendous. I have gotten clothing marked "like new" with paint stains, oil stains, wrong sizing (a 00P skirt was actually a size 8P).
- Restocking fee is a slap in the face. They now charge you an extra $1.99 for returning any item under a certain threshold ($50?) and it SUCKS. Part of the fun of ThredUP was discovering styles I wouldn't normally wear, and now, I won't even take the risk
- On top of the standard $5.99 shipping fee, they charge an extra fee if you buy from a warehouse that's not close to home. Ridiculous
- One time, they tried to charge me extra for shipping because the sweater was heavy. They should've stated that upfront, after I questioned it, their rep reimbursed me (which was good)
- Their dynamic pricing model is frustrating. I have a designer dress I'm saving up for, but they have since increased the price on it, citing the laws of supply & demand.
- Speaking of pricing, I have observed them steadily increasing the price of items. It's simply not worth shopping at ThredUP when I could get a similar item (and brand new) by simply waiting for a sale, or hopping over to my local outlet mall

I also wish they'd stop putting out BS answers. Look, you're a business, I get it - but you're quickly losing your competitive differentiators. I don't care that a restocking fee helps you recoup losses due to re-listing -- that's the cost of doing business. Their reps defend the practice by saying that "[m]ost thrift stores do not allow returns at all," not acknowledging that brick-and-mortar thrift stores let you TRY ON the clothes in person, at no cost.

I feel that they've lost their identity as a true consignment store.

ThredUP used to be amazing for buyers like me, but now the pendulum has swung too far the other way. I am guessing they are feeling pressure from investors; either way, I'm using up my last credit with them and not planning to come back unless changes are made.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Thank you for your feedback Rachel. We are sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with our platform. The multi distribution center feature is intended to give customer's access to more inventory and selections. All items are subject to price increase or decrease based on our inventory needs and customer demand as well as production costs. We take every comment into consideration.
marleneb66
5/27/19

What a scam. They don't give you any money for your items. They are really making a great profit off other people's items. Don't send your items to them. You would make more money donating and taking the tax right off.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Marlene—we apologize if you earned less than expected when cleaning out with us. Sellers are offered two options for any items that are accepted from their Clean Out Kits. The first option is an upfront payout where the seller can cash out their earnings after 14 days. The second option is consignment where the seller can cash out their earnings after items have sold & the return window has passed (thredup.com/bg/p/community-update-payout-system). If you have any questions about your payout or how to cash out please feel welcome to reach out via thredup.com/contact.
jennifers958
5/26/19

First off, when cleaning my closets, I typically donate 20+ contractor grade bags, so when thredUP has the clean out bag, I thought, let's try it. In my bag I placed never word Coach shoes, in the box, new J Crew blazer that cost $189, so surely that item would be to standard, right...it took about a month for my items to end up on the site for sale...and when they did, I was absolutely shocked, the J Crew blazer never made the cut and my new Coach shoes had been listed as "little wear" the cost for the customer to purchase the shoes is $34.99 and the pay out is $4.40...with all do respect, I would much rather just give the person my shoes, rather then receiving $4.40...just a slap in the face.

Buying...in the month tbatny items had been processing, I found a beautiful dress, then found 2 more...they all had been shipped from different locations, 1 was as described, new with tags...the other 2...nope...tags off, one smelled like mothballs and was obviously not new, because the White was dingy, I am very bitter because they sold me that dress, but my actual NEW blazer went MIA...my third dress was whatever, still no tags on it....

Moral of the story, I will no longer do business with thredUP...I feel horrible that I purchased merchandise from them and the sellers really received nothing for the items...items not as described, false advertising...just not for me.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Jennifer—we apologize that you didn't earn as much as you had in mind with our Clean Out program. We do our best to manage initial expectations & provide our sellers with as much information as possible so they are able to decide if thredUP is the best fit for them. Kindly reach out to our support team at support@thredup.com to discuss the results of your Clean Out in more detail & to receive assistance with any items that were received differently than described in your recent order. We look forward to assisting you!
meridethg
5/25/19

They take forever to process your clothes, just to nickel and dime you in return. Brand new pair of printed leggings from Dillards WITH TAGS that cost $70 retail and they want to give me $3.60. Get the H*** outta here! I can list my stuff on Poshmark in 15 min and save the frustration. No thank you!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
We are truly sorry if you felt like your expectations weren’t properly managed when you explored cleaning out with us, Merideth. We do our best to accurately let people know what their payouts might look like before they are able to order a clean out kit or label from us. Most people are just not going to make as much with us as they will with somewhere like Poshmark! Selling on Poshmark is awesome if you have the time and space to do that. It’s definitely more work on the seller’s end (photography, listing, sharing your listing, keeping the items in your home until you sell them). thredUP lists, photographs, and stores items, which adds a considerable amount to our operating costs, that means lower payouts (but more convenience) for sellers. Our goal is to be the most convenient way for people to pass along their unwanted clothing!
brendas155
5/25/19

I sent in a number of items some of which were new, all leather brand new booties and other in style and in season items. Total is 17 items. On a pair of leather boots they propose to give me about $3.50. For designer dresses about four dollars and for some tops under a dollar. The prices of these things that they sell them for are not cheap. Also they describe things incorrectly and then people return them. I've had this happen to me when I have purchased things the color and the size or wrong and the condition can be very off. It's all their in-house people that do the measuring and write up's and description. The item is then sold b The prices of these things that they sell them for are not cheap. Also they describe things incorrectly and then people return them. I've had this happen to me when I purchased things the color and the size are wrong and the condition can be very off. It's all their in-house people that do the measuring and write up's and description. The item is then sent back they may reduce it and then you get even less. So for 17 items that they are selling I will get an average of two dollars an item. Just take your stuff and donate it because that is what they claim to do if it doesn't sell after a certain period of time although they claim that they will recycle the items which doesn't sound like they're being actually given to be reused as they are but they are actually somehow reprocessed. I'm going to try Poshmark.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Brenda—thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We wish that you would have had a more positive experience with our Clean Out program! We do our best to provide as much information as possible up front for customers who are considering thredUP as an option for passing along their unwanted clothing. We provide tools like our Payout Estimator (thredup.com/cleanout/payout-estimator) & Payout Structure (http://bit.ly/2V4A6Re) so customers have a good idea of what their earnings may look like. We also offer the option for consignment where sellers can adjust the price of their items as they see fit. It is always our hope to list items accurately as it is in the best interest of our sellers, our buyers, and thredUP. We do make mistakes, however, and our support team (thredup.com/contact) is always available to assist in those scenarios.
patg135
5/24/19

I purchased over 40 items since 2014 and referred countless people to this company. Sadly, they are no longer including measurements such as "chest" and "length" for their items. These measurements have saved me so much time and money ordering clothes that fit . This change has made it very difficult to order from Thredup and I can no longer recommend this website.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is how they answered my e-mail question about the measurements:
Thank you for contacting thredUP support! I'm glad to help. Using feedback from our sellers and shoppers, we have determined that omitting item measurements allows us to process Clean Out kits more efficiently and list more items on our site.

If the measurements are not listed for an item, we recommend searching for the brand's sizing information on the manufacturer's website.

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Hi Pat,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with our current policy. We make sure to update our processes in the interest of providing the best and most extensive item listings to our customers. Our customers appreciate that we can list thousands of new items daily. We do offer various return methods, in the event that you receive an item you do not wish to keep. Thanks!
vickip85
5/23/19

Every time my polka dot box arrives, I get so excited because I know I will have lovely new dresses to raise my spirits ! Yippee ! The prices are amazingly reasonable!

Response from thredUP -., thredUP Representative
Thanks Vicki! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying ThredUP. Happy shopping. :)

Do NOT do NOT do NOT give them your nice clothing. They will STEAL it from you. Things that warrant a good price tag should go to a consignment shop. Those you're willing to sell, use eBay, those you just want to "off load", donate to consignment yourself. You will feel better about it, I promise.

By C F.

I'd love to see a class action suit build against this company. I'm a young professional -- a lawyer, actually (unrelated practice area) -- who is shocked and disappointed by this company's conduct. They're taking advantage of a demographic they think won't speak up. Young women: raise your voices! After having my like-new Diane Von Furstenberg weekender bag disappear into this company, never to be seen again, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. One small step, but it's something! It takes 5 minutes. USE YOUR VOICE!

By Amy S.
Helpful answer -4

Hi Wendy, If you have any specific items in mind it is best to contact support@thredup.com to get an estimate however we have this information posted in the link below: http://support.thredup.com/hc/en-us/articles/203415086-CONSIGNMENT-Everything-you-need-to-know- Essentially, items with a higher MSRP will offer a higher payout on resale. We are always happy to answer any questions that you may have if you reach out to support. We look forward to assisting you.

By thredUP -., thredUP Representative

I almost always sell on eBay first. Then when I don't feel like hanging on to the clothes any more and just want my closet space back and they have been on eBay for months, I will send to thredUP. I don't even send in that high end of items and I will usually get $16 and up per bag. So to me, it's a last resort, but I usually can expect something even if it's a little. I LOVE thredUP for buying. Use their upfront calculator to see what items they take. They will say 50 cents to 1.00 per item so it is not hidden info. There is always the return option where you can get your entire bag back for $12.99 as well. Everyone who has nice stuff they'd want back should opt for this method always.

By S S.

They sent me an email and put the money on my thred up account so I can buy something. I was do disgusted I gave up on the whole thing

By Lynne R.

Because they essentially steal your clothes and then sell them for a profit. You get hardly any payout, but they gladly take all your clothes and sell them for a big mark up.

By Allison F.

Honestly this company is not choosing to accept a lot of product that could easily be listed. I have sent bags and bags, including valuable pieces.... cashmere sweaters, high end items of considerable retail cost and relatively recently produced. When questioned I am given the response that the items were not in as good a shape as they wanted them to be.. that their buyers should be able to buy perfect product. My take on this is ..... if it's a 200 dollar cashmere sweater and the purchase price is under 10 dollars, a few pills on the fabric should be a non issue!!!! Period. I question what is going on, frankly, as many do. Too much disappears with no explanation, many bags go into complete reject status. I genuinely am concerned that there is a story here and may become apparent after a while. Only time will tell.

By caroline g.

Not worth it unless you have stuff priced over $40 and can get 40%. There percentages are ridiculous for lower priced clothes. You can order return assurance for about $12 but be prepared to get a bag back with your items stuffed in like garbage. They do not even take the time to fold things nicely even though you pay for this service.

By Susan W.

This company cannot be trusted...stay away. They are bad news.

By Suzanne S.

Ditto above contact company direct, more than likely you will end up feeling ripped off. I stick with likewice.com for selling

By Shanda D.
Questions? Get answers from the thredUP staff and other customers.

thredUP?