Review of Vinted.co.uk

Paris, 75008, France
hello@vinted.co.uk

charlottec104
11/8/19
Absoultely diabolical website. Not only does this site condone bullying, harassment and abuse but they actually encourage it! Multiple known scammers are allowed to operate on this site. Other members will take extreme lengths to bully other member to the point which I recieved PUBLIC death threats, which Vinted simply chose to ignore, demonstrating intentional amd sickening neglect of protecting their members.

After being scammed multiple times and recieving SERVERE verbal abuse, harassment, bullying and even threats against my own life, I reported to Vinted in a state of terror, but Vinted immediately dismissed my case despite compelling evidence.

Finally I was feeling anxious for my own safety, and with no support, I decided I needed to illuminate myself from the situation, and asked Vinted to close my account. Vinted yet again dismissed this refusing to close my account for me subjecting me to further harrassment, threats, bullying and verbal abuse!

A website so poorly run, and putting people's genuine safety in jeopardy is extremely calculated and sadistic, and trading standards have been informed.
This site is enough to push anyone's mental health over the edge.

Since Vinted refuse to discipline members I shall do it myself and point out the members you need to avoid due to either scamming or abusive members. All listed below:

BULLIES -

Cheapaschip
Natalkaglaz
juliec604
10/7/19
VINTED impose an insurance to cover the buyer but when solicited, takes ages to refund. Many fakes and counterfakes on the website. Best boycott VINTED and avoid hassle of reclaiming refund. VINTED support team not capable of verifying authentic branded good just on photo. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. A fake LANCASTER bag, without a single logo on the bag or on the metal piece. No label or logo of Lancaster. I wrote to the Lancaster website and they confirmed that all their articles have their logo or label. i am sending the bag to the custom dept of counterfeit.

Tip for consumers: avoid and boycott VINTED.

jillh151
11/2/18
I sold on the UK site for about a year. Multiple times I have been scammed by customers saying they never received parcels, even when I have tracking receipts. Vinted is based in Lithuania, so there is no number or helpdesk to call. Vinted will hold payments indefinitely, there is literally NO protection for sellers. Don't be tempted by the 'no fee sell', on scam and any money you saved will be wiped out. Read the THOUSANDS of neg reviews out there...I wish I had! Even their own forums are boiling over with angry, scammed sellers. Be careful with this one, I have lost quite a bit of money!
dominiquet15
9/25/18
I am a seller on vinted. I sold 3 items. One item at a reduced rate. The buyer apparently pre paid for Hermes labels but on messaging her, she did not. So I paid for postage and posted the items. I have yet to receive payment for the 3 items or postage costs. I have been speaking with Eve and with singrida and now Tina from vinted and not one of them has processed this payment. So now I am out of pocket for over £40 And the buyer has got away with theft. I would not recommended vinted to anyone. I am 20 weeks pregnant, have a 2 year old son who is learning to cope with his father's deployment and have had additional stress and costs to deal with. It has made me quite sick but still vinted staff and buyers don't care.
marilyng27
8/27/18
I was very cautious about buying from Vinted as I had read quite a lot of negative reviews. I think it's because people don't understand how it works. I bought a small priced item at first to test it out, and unfortunately, the seller had already sold the item. The seller to be fair, got back to me really quickly and apologised as they had listed the item on another selling marketplace and it had sold. This can happen a few times. Since then I have purchased about 8-10 items from Vinted without any issues. As with all marketplaces if you are looking for high-end designer goods you should be cautious and be able to ask the seller questions before parting with large sums of money. The onus is on us as the buyer to ask the right questions and to be able to authenticate the goods. Look at the seller ratings first and see how often they are on and the time that they take to respond. I like that about Vinted as it tells you when the Seller was last on the site and how long they take, they also tell you the date the item was available for sale. So if the date was over 3 months old then it may have sold. I have not had any experience as a seller yet, although I have listed an item for sale. So I will see how it goes.

Unfortunately, there are people who want to make other people's lives unpleasant; but I don't think it is fair to blame Vinted for that.

Overall, yes I would recommend Vinted to family and friends. I gave it 5 stars as my experience has been good.
qq24
11/22/17
My first item I bought never arrived nor did I get money back.
My second item I bought I was refunded a min after paying. The seller wanted only to sell to people with 5 feedbacks (but i am new to the site!!...) however the seller listed the item for a bit more money afterwards.
Vinted also manages your correspondence if they don't like what you say!! IF YOU BUY WITH THEM THERE IS NO BUYER PROTECTION. I think i am going to bin them and tell all my friends how crab it is. honestly. On top they charge you as buyer :0
jessc40
8/16/17
I've sold an item which was a dear item to be but I really needed the money. The balance went into the Vinted account but never transferred directly to my bank account or Paypal. It's been over 40 days since I sold this item and 10 messages to the Help Centre - all I've received in return is the SAME automated message. I am absolutely losing my patience and this company deserve to shut down - there is absolutely no one to assist with selling/purchasing issues it's a complete joke. I will now be committing my time to gather other people who have suffered such issues to rally against this awful company. After all, it's lucky that's what I do for a living!
emmar41
11/15/15
I had a personal vinted account for just under a year, everything was going well and I had over 130 five star reviews from buyers.
Went to sign in to vinted one day to find my account was blocked, unsure what was going on I emailed the vinted customer service for more info and what would happen to my vinted balance of around £78.
The reply: email us back in a weeks time and we'll get the money realised to you bank.
It's now been 3 weeks down the line & vinted are refusing to give me MY money.
I WILL be REPORTING vinted, this will include naming & shaming everyone I have dealt with.

Please DONT use vinted, it's 100% NOT SAFE. You will LOOSE your hard earned cash.
amyp51
10/4/15
purchased a purse from a member on Vinted and when it arrived it was damaged, (two small holes, a stain and scratches on the metal parts). The original advertisement stated that the purse was new and obviously the purse was not new as it would not have these imperfections. Regardless seller should have stated. Anyway thinking that Vinted has a money back guarantee if the item is damaged I write to them and send them pictures. Expecting the money back in my account that day I instead get an email saying that they can't help, all they can suggest is reselling the item on. By this point I am crazy mad and send them an email saying how am I supposed to sell a damaged purse on? No one is going to want to buy it? I get an email back saying they are sorry I am annoyed but the damage is not and I quote "substantial enough". I'm sorry but if the item is described as new surely any damage is damage and now new no matter how small? If you had purchased it from a shop you would be taking it straight back and demanding a full refund. Anyway they send me another email saying all they can recommend is reselling and then have the cheek to say I must list all the flaws if I intend on reselling??!! Well according to you there are new flaws so **** you I most definitely wont be. Left £10 and very angry.
sr137
2/3/15
This site is a no-go in the USA.........Bought a few things trying to save money before Christmas. Mostly bought things that showed pictures of new tags on them. A few things I bought came in horrible condition and were not new. When You go to return something Your refund is tied up and they really don't give a crap.They try to blow You off to credit You on the site so You can purchase something thats crap again instead of refunding You. Sellers are scamming on there, so beware. Buy nothing expensive: Coach purses, LV purses, any expensive item. Got Juicy Couture items that weren't real. Girl sold Me over $100.00 worth of China jewelry saying that it was sterling silver and real stones. She prices Her stuff real high in regular price which makes the buyer think the price She is asking is a steal deal. Well, they are scammers. My jeweler laughed and said the stones are imitation, and its the new 925 coated cheap silver that China is now selling to people on-line on Ebay. I found alot of people on this site selling used bras, used bathing suits, discusting. They owe Me money and refuse to refund Me by check after I closed out the Credit Card I used on their site. My bank says they refunded Me after My account was closed. They dont care. They dont have enough employees to watch what is being posted. Tracys closet was a point system, but that is down the tubes as well since they changed ownership and they owe Me money too for items not received.. Poshmark is out of control as well. That is another story in itself, so beware of that site too. Vinted sellers are switching to Poshmark because Poshmark doesnt give a crap what You sell either and Vinted sellers tell You up front coded with spaces inbetween the word P O S H they are switching over to Poshmark......Poshmark allows: Books, cell phones, electronics, fake Coach bags and fake LV bags, magazines, perfumes over 200 sellers, VS Dogs over 400 sellers, childrens used clothing, childrens beat up shoes, and now mens clothing, shoes, underwear, sneakers, nic-nacs, You name it, its on there.....and once in awhile they email one person out of the million sellers I was told to remove perfume but no one else.....It is supposed to be a womens clothing and accessories site like Vinted and it is out of control.....shame....no honest people today.....more scammers on that site than You can imagine as well. ........... Buyer beware....You live and You learn??......

Questions? Get answers from the Vinted.co.uk staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Vinted.co.uk