Vinted UK

Trustpilot
1.4 / 5
Reviews.io
1 / 5

Vinted UK has a consumer rating of 1.19 stars from 27 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Vinted UK most frequently mention customer service problems. Vinted UK ranks 33rd among Used Clothing sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Anyway thinking that Vinted has a money back guarantee if the item is damaged I write to them and send them pictures.
How would you rate Vinted UK?

“GOOD EXPERIENCE SO FAR!”

Marilyn G.
8/27/18

I was very cautious about buying from Vinted as I had read quite a lot of negative reviews. I think it's because people don't understand how it works. I bought a small priced item at first to test it out, and unfortunately, the seller had already sold the item. The seller to be fair, got back to me really quickly and apologised as they had listed the item on another selling marketplace and it had sold. This can happen a few times. Since then I have purchased about 8-10 items from Vinted without any issues. As with all marketplaces if you are looking for high-end designer goods you should be cautious and be able to ask the seller questions before parting with large sums of money. The onus is on us as the buyer to ask the right questions and to be able to authenticate the goods. Look at the seller ratings first and see how often they are on and the time that they take to respond. I like that about Vinted as it tells you when the Seller was last on the site and how long they take, they also tell you the date the item was available for sale. So if the date was over 3 months old then it may have sold. I have not had any experience as a seller yet, although I have listed an item for sale. So I will see how it goes. Unfortunately, there are people who want to make other people's lives unpleasant; but I don't think it is fair to blame Vinted for that. Overall, yes I would recommend Vinted to family and friends. I gave it 5 stars as my experience has been good.

“OMG absolutely terrible site!”

Deborah A.
6/12/21

I have bought several items from this site and it has been a horrendous experience 75% of the time. Wrongly labelled, fake, falling apart. I have received 4 items out of the purchased that have arrived as promised and customer service and seller redress is stressful, time consuming and mostly useless. Even when you can send the stuff back the buyer is responsible for return postage. This leaves the buyer at a loss and no loss for the seller except the five minutes to post! All very wrong.

item (7)
deboraha755
June 12th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Don't believe a word of it. Only a few of the sellers are genuine and it's a shame to punish them but you have a 75% chance of being scammed so isn't worth it?

Jewellery, shoes.

hanam26
April 2nd, 2021

Not a healthy market to sell or buy clothes.
Everyone sells cheaply, force you to reduce the prices low, Zara or H&M sells £1, and the app takes buyer protection fee, yet when I reported the counterfeit Timberland boots bought with tons of photo proofs of how poor quality they are, the Vinted team still judged the seller right, and Vinted team Nourhene wrote to me why dont I resell it to others, I cant believe they said that, as it's Vinted's first policy no counterfeit! It just nothing proper or well protected if you are a buyer like ebay.

marilyng27
August 27th, 2018

carlah247
April 12th, 2021

My item never arrived. Got some quite rude messages from the seller such as "it's in your locker", I visited the alleged delivery store 5 times and they have no record of this shipment.
I contacted vinted for assistance and they completely ignored me, no response whatsoever.
I do not understand why they charge "buyer protection" and then completely ignore you. I do not understand the point of them at all.
Stick to eBay, they have customer service.

Tip for consumers:
Stick to eBay, they have customer service.

Ordered but never arrived

shellyd124
December 1st, 2021

Delivery didn't arrive Vinted refuse refund despite proof no items were delivered to me they went ahead and paid sellers
Vinted were sent advisory legal letter which they ignored completely Now a court case will be set but as Vinted is not registered by UK Trading Standards therefore making it an unregistered business there is no guarantee they will comply with court action They clearly believe they can act outside the legal licensed trading laws BBC Watchdog are now complying a programme about Vinted after numerous complaints sent about them

vics60
December 25th, 2021

First off, I tried selling. I sold an item and then in order to print a label, they require your ENTIRE social security number. And they don't mention that anywhere in the directions. It's apparently in some obscure location way down in the terms where no one will look. I had to cancel and was mad that I wasted time listing items. I would never have listed, had they made it clear the information they require. And then I tried buying a few times, and my purchases were either cancelled, since most people know better than to give away their entire SSN, or else I got trashed items. And then you can't return the items, unless you pay return shipping out of pocket. It doesn't matter that it's the seller's error. The buyer is the one who loses money. I left the sellers that sent me trashed items negative reviews, and then they left me negative reviews back just to be nasty. And I complained to Vinted about the sellers leaving bad reviews for revenge, even though I did nothing wrong as a customer. But Vinted didn't care and refused to remove the unfair reviews, despite them claiming they don't allow that kind of behavior in their terms. Worst resale site ever. I deleted my account and will never go near it again. Don't even waste your time with this horrible site.

jaynec91
April 10th, 2021

I bought 2 items which was just under 2 pound had no problem. I sold something she said was good but then damaged and wants money back.

heidif111
November 15th, 2020

I posted and item for sale on vinted things where going great I brought and sold some stuff then I sold a designer top which didn't fit me anymore so I thought why not sell it well I was sold to a buyer who demanded it come right way before Halloween, so I politely explained that it would take a few days because of the post she seemed ok with this. So I sent it all packed up and paid £3.10 for postage then waited and waited tried to contact buyer no reply tried to contact vinted just a computer based messages saying that they will deal with it, Finally I got sent a reply from vinted exposing another persons account and all their details I complained to vinted they apologises but didn't help me at all with my issue I still haven't received any money the buyer still refuses to reply I honestly feel like I have been robbed. I am so upset I've cancelled my account they are so useless they can't help anybody and have loads of bad reviews!

marcelak11
March 20th, 2021

Got the Vinted app and used it for a week.
Bought a bag which was described with incorrect measurements, meaning it wasn't what I needed - so I requested a refund.
This is when it fully sank in, that buyers pay all the costs here.
Sellers list their items - often doing a pretty shoddy job of describing them. Buyers pay the Vinted commission AND return shipping - even when the seller is at fault!
Fortunately there are better choices for buyers and I will spend elsewhere in future.
Not wasting my money and time on Vinted again and I recommend you stay clear. Rubbish.

sharonp1150
May 7th, 2021

Vinted have consistently helped themselves to MY money literally since I joined in Feb 2021. One payment deducted EIGHT times. Another payment FIVE times. Another payment again FIVE times etc to the value of £361:05. I am disabled so essentially Vinted have stolen my Disability living money. I hope this helps people stay away from Vinted. You have NO means of contacting them other than through the App. And they are simply intractable and unhelpful. It is THEIR WAY or the high way.

Tip for consumers:
STAT AWAY. Use the sites you know and trust. Do NOT be fooled by the glossy TV adverts....it's anything but glossy. Trust me..I KNOW

Mostly cosmetics

js1527
May 17th, 2021

Vinted states that buyer pays shipping. When tried to print "paid" label - Hermes print in shop machine demanded pay for it. Hermes explained - I need QR code to be able to print in shop for free. Vinted explained they do not send QR codes so I have to pay for shipping. So buyer paid, I paid and they do not do refunds as" nothing was wrong with label". However in settings I can choose to disable Hermes delivery and choose Post office delivery- which is 2x more expensive.

Tip for consumers:
Printing in shop is not free for Hermes. Disable possibility for buyer to use option if you do not have printer.

annieb160
January 17th, 2020

Lost my money! Sadly never got it. Seller forgot the package and then claimed to post it. No proof of postage or a tracking number. Unfortunately due to the delay vinted marked the package delivered.
I am now in the process of trying to get a refund for items I don't have. I never leave negative feedback but in this case the transaction didn't go well. I await a refund. Seller now blocked me
The seller shouldn't have the capability to block a buyer, particularly when the buyer is out of pocket. I also don't think that Vinted should mark things automatically received therefore releasing the funds before I got the item

jenniew65
August 27th, 2021

Absolutely shocking customer service my vintage account was hacked someone put their address for my items I explained this for two weeks until I had to make a claim to the bank they banned me from Vinted
Ended up getting it back off my bank then only to be took off me again

truthw3
October 26th, 2021

Once your payment are unsuccessful and appear as "server error" or "your bank dont honor this transaction" but money was taken from bank account and stuck as pending, Vinted use this excuses to rip you off from your money and you never even notice how. I explain how Vinted company stealing money.
How they work: Your money has been collected from your bank and shows as pending transaction, but on vinted notification shows that payment failed for any stupid reason. Then
Vinted never send to your bank a reverse code for failed transaction, instead they telling you will recieve money back in 3-5 days. Because bank is never notified of reverse payment by Vinted therefore your bank is forced to wait 1 month to realise this money back to your balance. (not 3-5 days)
After one month waiting for your money, you can notice that pending balance is gone and money actualy has been collected by Vinted, which means Vinted just stole your money!
So be careful as VINTED COMPANY ARE THIEFS.
Check your bank account daily after shopping on Vinted, check status of payment and when money was collected.

wendyg398
May 27th, 2021

Such bad customer service, do not use. A buyer damaged my item then returned it and vinted sided with the buyer and gave them a refund, now I can't sell my item as it's damaged which I showed in pics. The buyer was sonicwilson

Don't!

mma3
December 26th, 2020

Ive been trying to withdraw the fund since SEPT 2021.

I have logged 4 help time. Which they keep on closing without resolving the issue.

But customer service keep closing the ticket stating resolved, BUT ITS NOT.

WHY DO YOU KEEP CLOSING?

WHY IS TAKING OVER 5 MONTH TO WITHDRAW?

NOW 2021. STILL NO MONEY...

BAD APP, BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND CRAP TO WITHDRAW FIND...

debbiep374
November 14th, 2020

Just listed an item, original guccis and proof, they took money to bump it and then removed it immediately saying it was not original. Did not email me to tell me, just removed it. Going to formally raise as a scam as I think they are a front to get your card details. BEWARE, USE VESTAIRE OR HEW, KR SNOTHER REPUTABLE STORE.

juliec604
October 7th, 2019

VINTED impose an insurance to cover the buyer but when solicited, takes ages to refund. Many fakes and counterfakes on the website. Best boycott VINTED and avoid hassle of reclaiming refund. VINTED support team not capable of verifying authentic branded good just on photo. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE. A fake LANCASTER bag, without a single logo on the bag or on the metal piece. No label or logo of Lancaster. I wrote to the Lancaster website and they confirmed that all their articles have their logo or label. I am sending the bag to the custom dept of counterfeit.

Tip for consumers:
avoid and boycott VINTED.

jillh151
November 2nd, 2018

I sold on the UK site for about a year. Multiple times I have been scammed by customers saying they never received parcels, even when I have tracking receipts. Vinted is based in Lithuania, so there is no number or helpdesk to call. Vinted will hold payments indefinitely, there is literally NO protection for sellers. Don't be tempted by the 'no fee sell', on scam and any money you saved will be wiped out. Read the THOUSANDS of neg reviews out there... I wish I had! Even their own forums are boiling over with angry, scammed sellers. Be careful with this one, I have lost quite a bit of money!

ak298
November 9th, 2021

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING, UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNRELIABLE SO CALLED "COMPANY"

They need to be shut down like yesterday!
No hesitation in aiding and abetting blatant scammers! If you know what's good for you steer well clear of them as they are totally incapable of dealing with any issues that arise despite you having a stellar reputation and feedback. They will still support and favour a scamming buyer who after weeks of being in possession of a highly valuable item- and making use of it- gets approved for a return and refund when there is every bit of clear evidence stacked against them! Their lack of judgement speaks volumes about them and they do not appreciate reputable users of the platform; quite the opposite. They are a p*ss taking bunch of fools and once you experience their incompetence you will quite frankly be sickened by their inaccurate advertisements that they're broadcasting these days after getting away with providing a trash service for years (as clearly reflected in their TrustPilot reviews also).

A word of advice to anyone who has experienced the same; don't take it lying down- stand your ground and take the b******s to court. File a case with the small claims court as I'm about to do (pay the initial fee and be sure to get it recovered by making these s***s reimburse all costs incurred; also make them compensate for inconvenience, stress and hassle caused in the process). They need to be taken down and the only way this will happen is by taking action, raising awareness about their unethical "business" and cowboy operatives and not taking s**t lying down!

EDIT: COMPANY INFORMATION FOR UK CLAIMS

Notice how they do not provide a UK contact address ANYWHERE on their app/site for legal claims; only a Lithuanian one. This quite obviously is to put people off filing cases against them via a UK court. However, do use the Gov UK site (company information section) to access any and all info required to take action against this dodgy af platform. Below are some of their main details for added convenience.

Details:

Netherlands
Ceo
VITKAUSKAS, Rytis

Correspondence address
C/O Lightspeed Venture Partners, 2200 Sand Hill Road, Menlo Park, Ca 94025, United States
April 1984

Germany

STEER CLEAR!!!

dominiquet15
September 25th, 2018

I am a seller on vinted. I sold 3 items. One item at a reduced rate. The buyer apparently pre paid for Hermes labels but on messaging her, she did not. So I paid for postage and posted the items. I have yet to receive payment for the 3 items or postage costs. I have been speaking with Eve and with singrida and now Tina from vinted and not one of them has processed this payment. So now I am out of pocket for over £40 And the buyer has got away with theft. I would not recommended vinted to anyone. I am 20 weeks pregnant, have a 2 year old son who is learning to cope with his father's deployment and have had additional stress and costs to deal with. It has made me quite sick but still vinted staff and buyers don't care.

charlottec104
November 8th, 2019

Absoultely diabolical website. Not only does this site condone bullying, harassment and abuse but they actually encourage it! Multiple known scammers are allowed to operate on this site. Other members will take extreme lengths to bully other member to the point which I recieved PUBLIC death threats, which Vinted simply chose to ignore, demonstrating intentional amd sickening neglect of protecting their members.

After being scammed multiple times and recieving SERVERE verbal abuse, harassment, bullying and even threats against my own life, I reported to Vinted in a state of terror, but Vinted immediately dismissed my case despite compelling evidence.

Finally I was feeling anxious for my own safety, and with no support, I decided I needed to illuminate myself from the situation, and asked Vinted to close my account. Vinted yet again dismissed this refusing to close my account for me subjecting me to further harrassment, threats, bullying and verbal abuse!

A website so poorly run, and putting people's genuine safety in jeopardy is extremely calculated and sadistic, and trading standards have been informed.
This site is enough to push anyone's mental health over the edge.

Since Vinted refuse to discipline members I shall do it myself and point out the members you need to avoid due to either scamming or abusive members. All listed below:

BULLIES -

Cheapaschip
Natalkaglaz

jessc40
August 16th, 2017

I've sold an item which was a dear item to be but I really needed the money. The balance went into the Vinted account but never transferred directly to my bank account or Paypal. It's been over 40 days since I sold this item and 10 messages to the Help Centre - all I've received in return is the SAME automated message. I am absolutely losing my patience and this company deserve to shut down - there is absolutely no one to assist with selling/purchasing issues it's a complete joke. I will now be committing my time to gather other people who have suffered such issues to rally against this awful company. After all, it's lucky that's what I do for a living!

qq24
November 22nd, 2017

My first item I bought never arrived nor did I get money back.
My second item I bought I was refunded a min after paying. The seller wanted only to sell to people with 5 feedbacks (but i am new to the site!...) however the seller listed the item for a bit more money afterwards.
Vinted also manages your correspondence if they don't like what you say! IF YOU BUY WITH THEM THERE IS NO BUYER PROTECTION. I think i am going to bin them and tell all my friends how crab it is. Honestly. On top they charge you as buyer: 0

emmar41
November 15th, 2015

I had a personal vinted account for just under a year, everything was going well and I had over 130 five star reviews from buyers.
Went to sign in to vinted one day to find my account was blocked, unsure what was going on I emailed the vinted customer service for more info and what would happen to my vinted balance of around £78.
The reply: email us back in a weeks time and we'll get the money realised to you bank.
It's now been 3 weeks down the line & vinted are refusing to give me MY money.
I WILL be REPORTING vinted, this will include naming & shaming everyone I have dealt with.

Please DONT use vinted, it's 100% NOT SAFE. You will LOOSE your hard earned cash.

A scam. I tried buying and got damaged or fake items. And they make the buyer pay for return shipping, even if it's the seller's error. Very bad site.

By Vic S.