Review of Tradesy

team@tradesy.com
2018 Customer choice award

claudiai9
3/17/19

I have purchased a few Louis Vuitton bags and also a LV keyholder from Tradesy, and every single time I was always able to buy excellent products in almost brand new condition for great prices. Whenever I had questions the sellers were always helpful, sometimes even uploading more pics for a very accurate description. I'm definitely happy with Tradesy!

denises334
3/14/19

I've been dealing for Tradesy for a few years and have no complaints. I've been very happy with every purchase. I did return one item because it was just too small for my taste. My account was credited, no problems
Thank you Tradesy for making designer bags affordable.
Denise S.

marilynb163
3/13/19

repair was 75.00. tradsey finally agreed to send me 50.00 through payppal. still have NOT received it and I send nymerous demands.

annef112
3/10/19

This site is a fraud! Do not sell anything here!
No protection for the seller.
I recently sold a designer item worth several hundred Dollars. Customer claimed it was dirty, which it was not. I have pictures and documentation to prove my case.
I was then returned a COUNTERFEIT item.
No resolution with customer service or management.
I am reporting them to better business bureau and other agencies and am considering legal action.
Stay away!

jeanettem58
3/8/19

FAKE products. Do not be fooled by their statement of standing by authenticity. And when you return the item with proof that what they sent was counterfeit, they keep your money. Shop elsewhere!!! Do not shop here!! FAKE FAKE FAKE

victoriaj69
3/6/19

Has your back as a buyer. Returns easy and quick. Can be frustrating if seller doesn't have item after all.

kaya85
2/26/19

FRAUDS!! This wasn't my first purchase with tradesy, usually smaller less pricey items. Then I decided to buy a pair or "gently used" Louboutins. The listing clearly states that the seller put "red rubber soles to protect the sole for wear" only to find out that the seller actually cut away the whole sole and replaced with a rubber sole. When I disputed the purchase, since it was clearly not what was advertised they claimed that's how you protect the sole, by cutting it out. Makes perfect sense. Save your money, they're frauds!

bests14
2/25/19

It's complete rip-off for sellers. You are better off selling on other sites. I sent a lot of stuff in the jumbo plastic bag they sent me. I got some back and they posted few. At the end of the story for all that stuff they kept/sold I got only $6 and some change.
I have told all my girlfriends not to ever send their items to them.
I wish I had searched on YouTube about them. Please search reviews as they have explained the major rip-off problem more eloquently.
Also, I decided not to supporting them by dirt cheap priced items, as I know the original owners got totally ripped off. It's so unethical. Therefore, if you don't have time to sell on other apps, you might as well donate them.

dianal141
2/25/19

This was an amazingly easy app to use, very impressed...I will definitely be coming back to buy more.

kellys453
2/24/19

I bought a Michael Kors bag for a reasonable price and love it! I also bought a lesser known designer bag that was a bit more soiled than indicated; however, I can see that with a little clean-up, it is a lovely bag. Overall, I was impressed with the communication, the speed at which I received the bags, etc. I will definitely buy from the site again; in fact, I'm heading there right after I finish this!

carolc389
2/19/19

Within a period of 3 weeks I ordered four Gucci bags, one bag arrived and was misrepresente,the other three bags were never shipped because they were faux. Tradesy needs to have a system whereby merchandise is authenticated before they're advertised, nobody here time to waste!

sp158
2/19/19

They are running the biggest scam around and people are so blind to see it! Don't fall for this! I won't waste my time telling you all the stories and how they portray being a customer buying your bag and then suddenly send it back for whatever reason and you are out your $$$, but they are not out the $$ as company - they have YOUR money! It's so hilarious and a joke! Really, someone needs to look into this and shut them down.

elizabethc452
2/19/19

I've been selling on Tradesy for a couple of years. I liked it at first, but they kept upping their commission. At this time they take 19.8% from the seller. That's quite a chunk of change!

This meant I had to raise my prices to make a sale which resulted in my sales dropping. Drastically! The other problem which is deeply frustrating is that it takes about a month after a sale to receive your funds. I'm accustomed to emailing their staff regarding that, but I get the same canned response about it taking "7 to 10 business days". I wish!

morganl44
2/13/19

I have sold around 20 items on Tradesy over the period of 2 years. I was very loyal to Tradesy until I sold my most recent item, a bag I paid over $1000 for a few years back, and listed it on Tradesy for $380. The buyer requested a return the next day, stating the bag was misrepresented, and I got the bag back from Tradesy completely destroyed. The hardware was ripped out, seams were ripped apart, and I complained to Tradesy saying I did not inflict this additional damage to the bag. They told me they can't do anything about it, so at the end of the day, I was left with the bag (completely worthless) and no pay, no compensation, no credit, no remorse, nothing. I was essentially robbed of the $380 from Tradesy. Don't use Tradesy unless you don't mind having your items destroyed by buyers to trigger a return and having an incompetent returns team look the other way whenever it's convenient for them. Real classy company.

Tip for consumers: Don't use the site. There are more reputable e-consignment sites out there that are much better. And I thought this was "can't happen to me" type of situation after 2 years but it just came one day and just like that, robbed. Not worth it.

peggys154
2/9/19

The best place to shop! I am a seller and a buyer. Their seller fees are higher but it is worth it as paying for traffic to my own site would cost a lot more. Thank you Tradesy!!

mollyd36
2/7/19

Tradsey does absolutely nothing but encourages the mass listings of fake handbags and fake designer pieces of clothing! Beware of seller Chicjoy who has a whopping $450k worth of knockoff Birkin bags . Tradsey was notified of this and has done nothing. SCAM! These are bags that range in price from $10k-$$99k that are listed. They are even lazy enough too only post stock photos in lieu of "real" photos of the five figure bags. That's not what you would normally see. Total scammer!

mikaelas4
2/7/19

I am a Seller/buyer for a while there. They hold your fee forever. Check your orders after couple of months to see if they release your fund. I found that they still hold my fund for some of the sales made from 2017 (now 2019). My fund saves up more than $2k. Today I woke up and tried to login. They suspended my account without a notification. No clue left that you ever been there. All my money gone!!!!
WHAT A SCAM!

sherria28
2/7/19

I sell and buy items on tradesy and I've never had any kind of problem on the website until my most recent sale in January 2019. I recently sold a brand new Gucci pumps on the website and the buyer accused me of misrepresenting the shoe.
I listed a Gucci laser pumps on tradesy for $302.10, the pumps is brand new and the I can say the only times I put it on was at the store to try on and at home. The pumps was listed in "like new" category because there is no new option provided but I did put it in my description that the pumps is brand new and never been worn. A buyer bought it on January 12th 2019 and I mailed the pumps on January 15th. The buyer got the pumps on January 17th. I got on email from tradesy on January 28th accusing me of misrepresenting my listed item and it doesn't meet the "like new" category due to scuff marks to back of both heels not disclosed or shown on listing, and scuff marks at toe base of left heel not disclosed or shown in listing images. I did a video before I mailed out the pumps and none of the problems listed is on the pumps. Tradesy informed me in the email my pumps is being returned to me (I don't have a problem with that). But the item was sent to my old address. Mind you I bought a purse from tradesy on January 11th 2019 and it was mailed to my new address and not my old address. I immediately tried calling but the office was closed so I sent an email of the mistake made on their end. I got an auto reply stating my request is being reviewed by tradesy staff and I'll hear back from the company in 2 business days. I called the next day-29th of January and the rep I spoke with told me I have to call USPS to have the pumps sent to my right address. I told her I don't have the time to call USPS and I didn't make the mistake. She promised she'll contact USPS to have that rectified. I got on USPS website and requested for mail hold on my part. Well, the pumps were delivered to the old address on Saturday February 2nd at 1:40pm. I sent an email to tradesy on Monday 2/4/19 and I'm yet to get a reply. I also called on Monday and the rep told me "the package is probably going to be returned to the post office by the person at the house." I went to the old house trying to talk to the new resident and was accused of trespassing and harassment. Not only am I out my pumps but I'm out of money too. The company needs to fix this before I escalate this further with some government agencies. I read reviews online and this is common practice for tradesy.

gregoirep1
2/4/19

making a return of a purchase is easy. Getting a real refund rather than store credit sucks! I think if Tradesy wants to be come an important site in the retail/reuse/high end stuff market thay should consider not hanging onto your money for dear life (as their policy implies). Makes them look like a 2nd tier vendor and that's probably not how they want to be seen...

jennyl169
1/28/19

Was so happy with my purchase (Gucci shoes) item was just as described and received it in 3 days. I will shop from Tradesy again

patriciaf210
1/28/19

So far, great and easy to shop. Look forward to receipt of merchandise in the near future. Thank you .

sheliah13
1/28/19

I purchased a LV shoulder bag it was just like brand new well taken care of I will pay for this bag and purchase another it was super easy.....

margor8
1/27/19

I love shopping with Tradesy. The sellers are polite, helpful and they ship the merchandise quickly.

georgec390
1/26/19

Dont use Tradesey if you are a Seller. Their policy which is absurd says 21 days after the item is delivered you can request your money. then a Paypal transfer will take 7 days. So now I have waited all of these time frames and it has been 10 days since the paypal transfer was initiated. Really Paypal 10 days. Once I receive this payment, hopefully. I am cancelling the account. The rest of the site works well. but this is a deal breaker Use Poshmark, paid 3 days after the sale like closkwork. I didnt know about poshmark when I joined Tradesey. The site isnt as nice but you get paid regularly

elizabeths520
1/22/19

The irony of Tradesy is that they are selling high-end (for the most part) bags, yet their process and customer service is SO antiquated that it's painful. I originally posted 3 designer bags (that were basically new), and after quickly selling 2, I realized the process was going to be long and not well directed. Did I mention horrible, slow customer service. I ended up pulling 2 of my 3 bags, and selling them on a competitor's site in 1 day, yes, 1 day. I even emailed Tradesy asking if they'd be interested in some feedback from a new customer, but no response. Skip this site, unless antiquated and slow is your thing.

They have recently changed their fees. You can't sell anything under $10 and items sold for between $10 and $50, they take a flat $7.50! So I would recommend staying far away from Tradesy if you are a seller!!

By Ginny R.

Yep. Tradesy are infamous for holding your money! They will also refund a sale without any communication with the seller, they don't even tell you why. Tradesy hooked up with Authenticate First, these people don't know what they are doing. Well the messed up big time with my bag, see it was authenticated by a very reputable company. I have ALL my bags authenticated BEFORE I list for sale and of course have the documentation to prove it. The bag was in perfect shape. Tradesy are ignorant, unprofessional and teamed up with a company (authenticate first) who have their heads where the sun don't shine. Tradesy are totally so unprofessional they have not bothered to send me an email even notifying me of the refund, I only found out when I checked on the sales delivery date to find a little sentence that says "refunded". No explanation why, nor when I can expect my property back. Punks! I am still waiting to receive my bag back. I have read on other sites that Tradesy keep the returns and seller is SOL. one seller was screwed out of 2,500 and never received her property back. Tradesy are shady. Another seller has started a class uit action. It's about time Tradesy were taught a lesson and realized that they have no right to keep sellers property. Apparently they resell the items on another site. The person who started the class usit actin has proof of same. Ironically, although some were refunded allegedly for item being fake, they resell and state that it is authentic. I have removed all my items from this shady scam company. I hope the class suit action closes this scam company down!

By T L.

I do not shop with tradesy any longer. FAKE prada duffle bag and im done.

By stacey H.

Eileen: There is not a feedback option on Tradesy as there is with ebay and Threadflip. If I were you, I'd contact Tradesy immediately. While the seller may have purchased a bunch of bags to resell, that would definitely make me nervous. How many days has it been since you purchased the handbag? The number of days that the seller has to confirm the sale may have elapsed so you'd be in the clear. We only have so many days to confirm that we will have the item will ship in a timely manner.

By Jen A.

It says that everything is guaranteed authentic but you have to know your stuff to know if it is authentic. Tradesy people don't see the items unless it is sold and the buyer complains about authenticity. So if you put your trust on tradesy, you are 100% WRONG and will get scammed.

By Tyler S.

I would highly recommend you look at RealReal or even ebay as I have sold over 100 items on both and although there is occasionally that one off glitch, they do protect the seller and are very fair from a buyer perspective as well. Do not use Tradesy...everything negative you read in reviews is true unfortunately. I did finally get my money back from tradesy as a seller, but I threatened them to no end and actually emailed the CEO....RUN from this site...save yourself the craziness of poor business practices. Best of luck to you!

By Daphne H.

I bought 1 Louis Vuitton belt. They do guarantee it but only if you know it's fake and bring it to their sttention. And you only have 4 days to do that and then return in e weeks. My belt was horrible. Smell of chives. Brads were not even. I took pictures of it and let them know when I returned it, otherwise they might say you changed it. They only see the item if returned NOT before. I wS under impression they checked before listing. I won't use again

By Maxine B.

It shouldn't take more than a week for the seller to ship out the item.

By Annie H.

I found the actual cost to ship myself less than what Tradesy adds to the sales price to ship and the added time for it to arrive is longer for buyer to receive.

By Greg B.

It is safe. Sellers don't get your credit card info.

By anonymousgirl u.
Questions? Get answers from the Tradesy staff and other customers.

Tradesy?