Review of Tradesy

team@tradesy.com
2018 Customer choice award

tonid52
6/25/19

I had the worst experience with this company. I Thought I was purchasing a name brand designer bag, that could be returned for full credit, money back no questions asked. however, I was not purchasing from Rebag, it ended up being Tradesy where only merchandise store credit is given. OK, well I guess I have to try to find a bag from this company, complete and udder failure. I can't believe I wasn't able to get a descent bag for over $700 worth keeping. NOT... I tried purchasing five different bags, every one I returned, either was way too used, too heavy, not as portrayed on line. However, if I wanted to send another $7 hundred plus maybe I could find something worth keeping. I don't think so, not giving these people another dime of my money. So i decided to try shoes, coats, sweaters, shirts no, no, no,. Everything was old, didn't fit properly, not what it looked like on-line. However, after purchasing 15 items returning most of the items, only keeping a few things, EVERYTHING is way over priced. remember they have over seven hundred dollars of my money and I can't find a darn thing suitable to buy or keep. The items I do keep are because I don't want them having my money, any longer than they already have. I originally wanted to buy a name brand bag from Re Bag another on-line web site, When I agreed to purchase, I was not aware I had been switched over to tradesy. This site is used for everyone rejects. If another seller is having a hard time getting rid of product they turn it over for Tradesy because it's either old, over priced, unwanted items. I was so excited to purchase a high end bag only to be disappointed and forced into buying items, I don't want. Iv'e been trying for almost a year to find something suitable. The sad thing is, I never did get a name brand bag. Alll I have to show from this horrible experience is normal stuff i could purchase right in my own town, for less, but I have to get something for my money. I don't have the opportunity to even see most of these bags, in person- due to the location where I live. I totally put my trust in a company on-line and will never be taken like this again. I guess i'll need to travel out of state to purchase a designer name bag, but now with $700 less. i saved for a nice bag, was so excited and all I got was disappointment. This experience turned into a complete headache, Live and Learn!!!

francee
6/23/19

One review here and there doesn't help. We need to take our fight to social media, twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and so forth.

Purchased a counterfeit David Yurman bracelet from Tradesy, an in house closet, and they retaliated. I provided proof and uploaded photos for Tradesy to look at, and they got a third party involved to authenticate the counterfeit bracelet so that they wouldn't have to take responsibility and be held accountable for their actions.

After I had purchased the David Yurman bracelet, I contacted the Tradesy in house closet and asked for them to upload the hallmark. I was told it was too late because the purchase had already gone through.

I was issued a full refund for $378.00 and the Tradesy in house closet re-listed the counterfeit David Yurman bracelet for $1612.00. Tradesy is knowingly recycling counterfeit goods that have been returned back to them on their website.

Jaclyn, the in house Tradesy closet, was knowingly selling counterfeit jewelry and some were misrepresented so that she could get more money for the item. For example, listing a sterling silver ring as white gold plated over sterling silver.

I list on multiple websites. I listed an authentic 18k John Hardy ring on PoshMark for $450.00 and sold it on Tradesy on April 29 for $366.25. The buyer on Tradesy felt like she didn't receive a substantial discount because she saw my ring listed on PoshMark for $450.00. She contacted Tradesy to return the ring, but ended up changing her mind. She emailed me and told me that she loved the ring.

A month later, the buyer contacted me and said that the ring was counterfeit, she doesn't make money and the ring was probably all profit anyway. Sounds like buyers remorse to me. I was unaware that Tradesy accepted the return a month after the sale.

June 20 @ 1:09 p.m. I received an email from Tradesy stating that the counterfeit David Yurman bracelet had been misrepresented and that I would receive a full refund. 2 hours later, Tradesy told me that they were returning my authentic John Hardy ring back to me after the buyer admitted to wearing it everyday for a month. So of course the ring is no longer being returned back to me in the mint condition that it was shipped out. Tradesy told me that they would reimburse me to have the ring reconditioned. I think that they mean refurbished.

After the ring was authenticated by Tradesy, it should have been returned back to the buyer. What time is it? It's humiliation time. I posted photos of the CEO, our email exchanges, photos of the David Yurman counterfeit bracelet next to the authentic. I hope that the CEO of Tradesy thinks it was all worth it. Let her go in damage control mode and recondition her reputation.

Tiffany (Tradesy)
Jun 21, 11:18 AM PDT

Hi France,

We completely understand your frustration in this matter and see how the transaction is confusing and would like to clarify the reason your item was returned to you.

You are correct that the item was not returned initially and you were paid for the item, however if a buyer has concerns about authenticity, we do accept the item back at any time after the return window has closed. We apologize that the interaction with the buyer was not pleasant and can see from the conversations that the case was escalated.

Under normal circumstances we would be able to relist your item and release your earnings for the sale, however since your listing photos are from 2017 we cannot confirm that the condition of the item had not changed since the time it was listed to the time it was sent to the buyer. Unfortunately, it was determined that we could not relist your item so we have since reversed your earnings.

At this time, your item will be returned to you with the original appraisal and packaging. If you would like to have the ring reconditioned we can certainly reimburse you for the cost with a valid receipt.

We know this is not the experience you wish to have a seller but please contact us once you receive your item back and we'll gladly assist with your reimbursement.
Thanks, Tiffany
For further assistance, check out our FAQs: www.tradesy.com/help

charlotted55
6/22/19

This used to be a site where you could go vintage shopping for great finds at reasonable prices. No more! Price increases suggest a strategy change to be the vintage version of Net A Porter. No thanks! Better to go to luxury stores and buy designers on sale: new, cheaper, in fashion and you will know it fits well.

monican33
6/21/19

I received a fake bag from them , I asked for returning they didn't accept they said their policy is not accepting for returning after 4 days of delivery but Iam not living in America I received it more than 1 week after purchasing and I emailed them straight away when I received it but they ripped me off... beware buyers

jerveciaw
6/21/19

This platform is not what I have known it to be and does not protect the senders. Any sellers BEWARE!! You do receive you money right away a buyer can receive your item and they will not give you your money. Leaving the seller with everything to lose. A buyer can buy an item use it wear it switch it out or damage it and send it back.

**Excerpt from the email I received:
"The buyer was actually able to reply to my e-mails that I sent separately after we got off our call. Unfortunately, they were only able to confirm the delivery of it, but not if they were going to return the item or not. In that case, I won't have the option to submit a request to have your funds released early."

Early? My funds were due to be released on the 20th, it's currently the 21st. My product had gone out it's actually not early.

Please start choosing better platforms to use honest platforms.
I recommend, EBAY, Watchmereine.com,The Real Real

kristinj28
6/19/19

When the site first opened it was OK. They misrepresented the shipping charges as free (little red flag re corporate ethics), when in fact they added a charge to the cost of the item. Payouts took forever, but eventually you got paid minus commission.

Then they raised their commission rates. When asked why, was told it was to increase adverting and add sizing app functionality. None of that happened (another red flag re dishonest business practice).

Now they are hosing sellers again, by returning items that were accurately listed with a lame vague excuse re FMV, even though the item sold according to their pricing guideline. The last straw.

As a seller it is a terrible platform.

jenniferm1139
6/6/19

Never, ever again, will I do business on Tradesy.com. I recently sold 2 Louis Vuitton bags, one was sold May 16th and delivered on May 20th, it is now going on June 7th and I STILL HAVE NOT received my earnings for that one. The 2nd bag was sold on May 17th and delivered May 28th, I am STILL waiting for my earnings for that bag as well. But as for the first bag, it has been 3 weeks since the bag was sold, and no earnings received at all. All the while, the individual has been using this bag and depreciating the value and I still haven't received my earnings. If you want your money very soon after selling, I absolutely DO NOT recommend using Tradesy. To make someone wait this long for earnings from a sale is unethical, unscrupulous, immoral, and absolutely ridiculous!!!

melissab414
6/6/19

Returned a Louis Vuitton Thames pm because of misrepresentation due to a crack in the canvas that wasn't mentioned in the description or in photos. Waited for full refund as stated by policy for such instances only to get an email stating it wasn't misrepresented and I'm only getting site credit. But initially it says under my returned purchase that I'm refunded to my original payment. So ???? I email them and ask why. But at this point I'm totally upset because the email states that their isn't a misrepresentation because it states that their are scratches to the leather. ??? Anyone who knows anything about lvs knows the difference between leather and canvas!! I wasn't returning due to scratches on the leather I was returning due to a crack in the canvas! So I'm totally ticked and notify my card company for a dispute. Thank goodness I photographed the damage before returning it. I even put a note in the box with the bag stating exactly where the crack was at on the bag! So buyer beware! Purchase at your own risk because whomever handles returns don't know their crack from a hole in the wall!!!
Oh, to add insult to injury I noticed the bag had been reposted at a discounted price from what I paid then went back later to see the details and they removed the bag from my viewing. I've requested to be removed from their site once this dispute has been resolved. I don't do business with companies that don't stand behind their customers or their policies.

carols685
6/2/19

I've sold online for 6 years now and have a 4.9 stars on over 2500 reviews on different sites- letting you guys know I try really hard to make buyers happy! For the most part all selling platforms have negatives and positives. Sadly Tradesy is at the bottom of my list for sellers.

1. They allow returns on everything. This would be fine if they didn't penalize and disregard the sellers loss for their policy.
In 5 yrs I've had 4 returns and all the items were new with tags attached. When they made it back to me they were covered in dog or cat hair (I don't have pets), had serious odors and 2 the tags were gone and had obvious wear - making them impossible to resell.
If Tradesy doesn't want your returned item it's condition doesn't concern them making the seller pay the price.

2. The suggested market value calculator claims to give accurate pricing, but remember Tradesy wants you to sell as cheap as possible so if there's a return they can turn around and resell it for more under profiles that are all ran by Tradesy.
Example: J. Crew NWT $165 blouse suggested listing price $10-15.
If you actually make money off of a the item they claim you didn't sell it at market value.
3. Wait time to get paid has taken up to 40 days. It is ridiculous that I can receive 3 emails in less then 8 hours about confirming a sale, but must wait over a month to hopefully get paid or deal with a return.
At over 23% profit on each sell you'd think they would take better care of their sellers.

Tip for consumers: Be aware that all sold items can be returned without reason. Once Tradesy receives your returned item it’s treated poorly and will likely not be in resell condition.

elwarders
5/28/19

Great selections, Great prices and great service! I've been a patron for 3 plus years and always satisfied! Even returns are no problem and easily processed!

inap5
5/27/19

Their level of care for their customers is amazing. They truly go above and beyond to ensure your experience is excellent. Highly recommend ordering from Tradesy. Whoever does their hiring needs a raise. Blair if there was an option for Michelin star I would give it to you!!!

taram147
5/27/19

I have a credit score of 809 and they said there were no interest fees, late fee, etc with affirm. I was mortified by the given 3 choices: make 3 pymts @ 0% or the other 2 choices were different amounts at 29%!!!!! I bought a Rolex and thought I would have more time to pay if off but it would have added $1800 to the price by the time interest was added. I m lucky to have good credit but BEWARE if you don't. The lawsuits going around, if I'm not happy with the Rolex---I will return it and not be bound to site credit. There is a way around it. -Tara McSwain

monicad101
5/26/19

Tradesy is my first experience with a selling/buying website. So far I've just made three purchases which I'm satisfied with. My attempt at a fourth purchase resulted in a return because I was sent the same-looking bag but a lot larger. I was allowed a return for credit on the website.

julier323
5/25/19

I have made several purchased over the last three years without a problem until this month, May, when I received an awful purse. I tried to return it but because the tracking receipt was lost by the postal service I was stuck with the merchandise. Tradesy would not make any attempt to help. Buyer beware!!!

ns175
5/24/19

I believe they are the same company that manufactures the mass-produced phony Chinese crap they sell.

aleksandrad4
5/19/19

I have already bought a few items on Tradsey and I am hoping to buy more soon!
All of my items were authentic, brand new with original tags - exactly as described by the sellers. Quick and nice communication with the sellers! Shipping was super Speedy too!
Great job! Five stars!!!!

shoppero
5/17/19

I've been an avid seller on tradesy for years! Recently, my sales have all been returned to me! I bought hundreds of new inventory to sell and now I'm at a huge loss. This is their reason for sending back my return: We have determined that this item cannot be accepted into our Returns inventory for the following reason(s):
We have determined that this item was sold above Fair Market Price. Tradesy can only accept returned items for which we can validate that the selling price is at or below Fair Market Price.
You may relist this item for sale on Tradesy, but it may not qualify for acceptance under our Return Policy if we cannot determine Fair Market Value, and may be returned to you again if your next buyer returns it. Tradesy will continue to cover the costs of processing and shipping for all returned items.

Here's another reason why they sent me back my return:

When listing an item on Tradesy, we expect our sellers to be honest with buyers and disclosed accurate information in the listing. Upon review of your item and your listing, the item retail price was listed above the actual original retail price and so the item was deemed to be misrepresented. I have attached an image below of the retail tags found in the box that provides the real original retail price of the item. If you ever do not have the original retail price of the item, I do kindly suggest not listing one, to avoid situations like this in the future. I apologize for any inconvenience this return has caused you.

elenaa45
5/9/19

I have made over $150,000 in sales on Tradesy, was considered a pro seller with my own account manager. Then they slowly started making up reasons to force returns on me even if item was not misrepresented. I while ago they mandated inventory increase to avoid an increase in commission. So i went and spent thousands of dollars on new inventory. Meanwhile they come up with this new policy where they basically give themselves the space to force any return for whatever reason on to the seller while giving the buyer store credit and not a full refund as stated in their own policy.
If this isn't false advertisement and manipulation for personal gain, I don't know what is.

I removed all my 1500+ listings and will never ever go back again. Between eBay, Pinterest, instagram, shopify and google, I can sell my own inventory and not have to feel used and abused.

larl
5/8/19

As a seller, they have all the new unfair policy now. They will give you any execuse to return your item even your item is listed accurately. They will say they can't determine the fair market price. Which is not the seller problem if they are lack of experience.

Also, we have experience several times they can't authenticate our items. We have to fight for it and prove the authenticity while we have sold the same item for so many times in different period and platform like StockX and vestiaire collective.

Tradesy is deteriorating. We are shifting our focus on other platforms. Good luck to you guys!

We cannot determine the Fair Market Price for your item, due to damage and/or wear-and-tear. While your item was accurately represented in its listing, we can't validate that it was fairly priced. Tradesy can only accept returned items for which we are able to validate that the price is at or below Fair Market Price.
You may relist this item for sale on Tradesy, but it will not qualify for acceptance under our Return Policy, and may be returned to you again if your next buyer returns it. Tradesy will continue to cover the costs of processing and shipping for all returned items.'

nof7
5/6/19

Tradesy has no monitoring system and no in house authentication service, therefore there are fakes fakes and fakes. Look at these Chanel pieces, they are fake ones, you can take them to purseforum and ask for the community's fair judgement to prove what I said was correct. I know a seller (Catherine From Camel, Indiana, whose ebay handle is cs-win), she sells authentic Chanel on ebay and Vestitaire Collective, but the same seller takes her fake Chanel pieces to tradesy to sell, because she knew only on Tradesy she could get away with it, while ebay and VC have a stringent monitoring system. Here is Catherine's Tradesy account, 3 out of her 6 SOLD pieces are fakes -- https://www.tradesy.com/i/chanel-2015-cruise-jacket-size-4-s/25131936/. There's another very unethical Tradesy seller, Val, last year she used photos of authentic Chanel in her tradesy listing, while shipping a fake Chanel to me, I got refunded but TRADESY DIDN"T BAN HER, and I saw she's still selling fake Chanels to unwitting buyers. This is her Tradesy account -- https://www.tradesy.com/closet/7687977/. One in VAL's current listing is fake, and 1 in her 4 sold pieces is fake. Again, take these photos to Purseform to get them authenticated, if you don't want to take my words for it. Please buyers, STAY AWAY FROM TRADESY!

dorad22
5/2/19

Really disappointed with Tradesy return policy, recently I sold an item brand new with tag a week ago , now I got return notification from Tradesy ( return back to me due to price above fair price ) omg , i just got my item return and I just realized that buyer used couple days and tag has been removed, etc , I can't believe this , return my item not original condition, I even can't resell it for NWT , really disappointed of Tradesy return policy! This company makes me scared to trust!
Stay away!

martinq9
4/30/19

The site has a tremendous amount of items, but despite your filter settings, some items that do NOT fit the description get through. Also, you cannot filter by gender. Be that as it may, there is no shortage of bags to look at. The prices range wildly, but so do the conditions of the bags. Buyer beware, though, my Seller used very "cleaned up" pictures, and a description that made the item seem better than it was in reality. Thankfully, Tradesy has an easy return system. I am a person of integrity, but not all Buyers are like that, so I can totally see this system of return being used, and hurting a Seller, though; just thought I should mention that.

kennyg34
4/30/19

Horrible experience, the seller sent a totally different items than the one on the pictures and on top of that this company refused to return my money and just gave me a store credit to obligate me to continue buying from them. Buyers beware, even tho according to their policy they will return your money if you don't receive what you order, they don't honor what they say and keep your money no matter what. Communication with them is terrible they ignore your messages and they magically reply when you decided to use the stupid credit store for not loosing your money, simply saying that because you used part of your credit they cannot return your money any more...scammers!

laurens338
4/29/19

I had my first sale on Tradesy April 2015, so I have been on for a while now. In that time, I have had 2 previous return requests. One for fit in 2015 and another for supposedly damaged, but it was sent back to Tradesy for review and deemed not damaged. The items returned for fit was kept by Tradesy as originally advertised. I had been happily selling along since..until this month where something has changed. In the last 3 weeks, I have had 3 items returned to me. One pair of pants, supposedly for fit, a pair of high heels just came back and I just now got a message about a third, a pair of boots. The pants I was told was returned to me and not kept because they were sold under $150. Um, I don't remember that being an issue. They were sold for $110. The two shoes I am being told is that I priced above Market Value. Um, who is to determine MP? How often does it change? How am I to keep up with it? If a buyer pays for it at my selling price, itsn't that MP? This seems like nothing more than a way for Tradesy to snake out of their original terms of they take possession of the item and me the seller gets to keep my funds and move on unless I made a mistake. I don't have time/money to be an online dressing room. I am selling a few items from my home as a small reseller business, not a multi-billion dollar brick/mortar with online site competitor. I came to Tradesy and spent time and watched and said nothing at my Fees were raised (Used to be less than 10% in fees; now over 19%!!!!) because of what I thought were great terms. Now I feel I need to walk away because it is too risky. I was also shipping on my own because I thought it was better customer service vs the buyer waiting days for me to get their packing supplies and then waiting for delivery, and now I am out over $50 in shipping these 3 items and I am terrified my last few sales are gonna be coming back as well. Upsetting day

shawntellew
4/28/19

I just love my LV weekend travel bag.. will buy again in the near future.. I'm thinking about getting my mom a purse for Mother's Day.

They have recently changed their fees. You can't sell anything under $10 and items sold for between $10 and $50, they take a flat $7.50! So I would recommend staying far away from Tradesy if you are a seller!!

By Ginny R.

Yep. Tradesy are infamous for holding your money! They will also refund a sale without any communication with the seller, they don't even tell you why. Tradesy hooked up with Authenticate First, these people don't know what they are doing. Well the messed up big time with my bag, see it was authenticated by a very reputable company. I have ALL my bags authenticated BEFORE I list for sale and of course have the documentation to prove it. The bag was in perfect shape. Tradesy are ignorant, unprofessional and teamed up with a company (authenticate first) who have their heads where the sun don't shine. Tradesy are totally so unprofessional they have not bothered to send me an email even notifying me of the refund, I only found out when I checked on the sales delivery date to find a little sentence that says "refunded". No explanation why, nor when I can expect my property back. Punks! I am still waiting to receive my bag back. I have read on other sites that Tradesy keep the returns and seller is SOL. one seller was screwed out of 2,500 and never received her property back. Tradesy are shady. Another seller has started a class uit action. It's about time Tradesy were taught a lesson and realized that they have no right to keep sellers property. Apparently they resell the items on another site. The person who started the class usit actin has proof of same. Ironically, although some were refunded allegedly for item being fake, they resell and state that it is authentic. I have removed all my items from this shady scam company. I hope the class suit action closes this scam company down!

By T L.

I do not shop with tradesy any longer. FAKE prada duffle bag and im done.

By stacey H.

Eileen: There is not a feedback option on Tradesy as there is with ebay and Threadflip. If I were you, I'd contact Tradesy immediately. While the seller may have purchased a bunch of bags to resell, that would definitely make me nervous. How many days has it been since you purchased the handbag? The number of days that the seller has to confirm the sale may have elapsed so you'd be in the clear. We only have so many days to confirm that we will have the item will ship in a timely manner.

By Jen A.

No, there is no guarantee your purchase will be authentic. You take the chance of being sent a fake bag. Tradesy is notorious for giving site credits. BUYER BEWARE! If you do purchase a bag and you are sent a fake, contest the purchase through your credit card, google or Paypal and you can be protected against this site.

By Kimberly O.

It says that everything is guaranteed authentic but you have to know your stuff to know if it is authentic. Tradesy people don't see the items unless it is sold and the buyer complains about authenticity. So if you put your trust on tradesy, you are 100% WRONG and will get scammed.

By Tyler S.

I would highly recommend you look at RealReal or even ebay as I have sold over 100 items on both and although there is occasionally that one off glitch, they do protect the seller and are very fair from a buyer perspective as well. Do not use Tradesy...everything negative you read in reviews is true unfortunately. I did finally get my money back from tradesy as a seller, but I threatened them to no end and actually emailed the CEO....RUN from this site...save yourself the craziness of poor business practices. Best of luck to you!

By Daphne H.

It shouldn't take more than a week for the seller to ship out the item.

By Annie H.

I found the actual cost to ship myself less than what Tradesy adds to the sales price to ship and the added time for it to arrive is longer for buyer to receive.

By Greg B.

It is safe. Sellers don't get your credit card info.

By anonymousgirl u.
Questions? Get answers from the Tradesy staff and other customers.

Tradesy?