US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

danielleh49
9/23/16

I ordered a long sleeves ivory Ella shirt three weeks ago and it still says preparing to ship. I contacted wanelo twice through email and I have gotten no response. I just want to cancel and get a refund for my money now I feel like I got scammed.

emilys124
9/19/16

Ordered shoes on Wanelo from a store called simpleclothesv. They were advertised as adidas and so I bought them. HOWEVER, I noticed that it was shipping from China. First red flag. They arrived in about two weeks (today), and guess what? They are as phony as a three dollar bill.

The logos were off, the boxing was cheap and obviously fake, and everything about the shoe didn't match authentic adidas. Even the quality of the fake shoe was horrendous. I reached out to a representative of Wanelo, and they tried to convince me that products from China are great, and especially trustworthy. She offered no help, and I feel greatly cheated and I've wasted time and money.

Just bite the bullet and buy from the actual companies so you're not cheated by sketchy overseas sellers.

Tip for consumers: Just run far, far away. Take your money and flee!

anonymousa84
9/17/16

I wanted to browse their site when it kept prompting me to sign up with either facebook or email. It would not even let me look at anything without pestering pop-ups.
After I clicked through the facebook link it asked for permissions. It wanted MY information, then it wanted my FRIENDSLIST and email. I unclicked these options since I'm not about to use my friends and family for ad baiting. I wanted to anomalously shop like I do anywhere else. After unclicking, it demanded I sign up for an account. NO THANK YOU!

Any serious business lets their products and policies speak for themselves. If I like what you sell and want to have a great experience, I might sign up. But you don't enter a store and are ask to surrender you wallet at the door. That is a FISHING SCAM and no one should be doing business with a site that is dishonest from the start. Moving on, just wanted to post this warning to anyone else that does their homework before surrendering their personal information.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT surrender your personal info!!!!

cm148
9/11/16

I wanted to purchase a beaded lanyard from ur site but it kept throwing me to ur app site. I don't want ur app. I just wanted a lanyard. So u lost a sale and I bet I'm not the only one.

karlac24
9/6/16

I was going to buy some stuff i like but now im not sure with all these reviews. And im not sure of the makeup is even the real deal. So what should i do?

charlotteo4
9/5/16

Less than friendly experience. I don't want to follow, I don't want the mobile app I just want to preview the merchandise. Can't be done without following lots and lots of merchandisers nor can you opt out of the mobile app. Deceptive merchandising trick.

oliviah24
8/29/16

I ordered a bathing suit from Wanelo and it said it would be here in 2 to 15 days. It ended up getting here in three weeks. On top of that, I was sent the wrong size that I ordered! It was a size small and I ordered a medium. Their refund policy is that you have to pay for return shipping, I have contacted Wanelo about the issue and still have not had my money refunded to me. The other thing is that when they do give me a refund it will probably be in the form of Wanelo credit. If you feel like getting ripped off order from Wanelo.

justinac
8/29/16

I ordered a prom dress from pepper Berry and it showed up in the worst shape it had rips in it and it was so unprofessional it makes it worse it was for a high schooler and her prom

wendys85
8/22/16

My daughter ordered a dress from Wanelo for Prom....when we got it, it wasn't even close to the dress that was shown on-line. Trying to return a dress from China is a joke. I had e-mail conversations from a "Naomi" from Wanelo for 2 weeks on instructions on getting it returned, all of her e-mails came through in the middle of the night. I asked and asked her to call me, never did. I finally got an address to send it back, I'm in SD, the return address was for MN (which I thought was odd). After I returned it to the address, I was called by the person receiving it indicating that this was a private address and they had no idea why I just sent them a dress. I apologized and asked them to return it and I would cover the costs, which they said they would....but after 2 months and a several more calls to them, I never got the dress......so I think they are in the scam with Wanelo!!
DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.....and PLEASE WANELO....DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME A RESPONSE TRYING TO MAKE MENDS.....I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER ORDER FROM YOUR COMPANY AGAIN.

ambera31
8/20/16

They didn't have my size. I asked for a refund over a month ago. They tried to tell me they put it on my Wanelo account when I said I wanted it back on my card. I don't want any more garbage from them. I've been waiting since early July just to get my money back

lisal200
8/17/16

My daughter ordered a dress on Wanelo.

When it finally came it was not the material she thought it would be and she never even tried the dress on. It cost me $65 dollars with shipping and it took weeks to show up.
When it came we were not in town. As we caught up with our mail from being gone we opened this package and realized we would return the dress.
To my dismay we called Wanelo and left messages to find out how to return the item. We were not called back. By the time we finally figured out how to do the return we were told the dress had to be returned within 7 days of the receipt or it could not be returned. I have never ever heard of such a short turn around. I emailed the Wanelo customer service account and got a brief reply that they were sorry we could no longer return the dress.
That was it. I would have like information on how to communicate with the store directly to talk about my displeasure and to see if I could try to still return the dress.

I have not heard back from Wanelo about this.

I am now stuck with a dress that has never even been tried on.
We ordered in mid July and it is now Mid August. Surely most stores would let you return.
I think this site uses poor companies that are making customers frustrated.

joec174
8/12/16

I bought an item that I needed at a certain time, so after I purchased it I wrote asking if I could pay for expedited shipping for and that if I couldn't I wanted to cancel the order. They said I couldn't and I also couldn't cancel the order and would need to wait till I received it to get a refund. Then they "couldn't get the seller" to give me an RMA or return info for two weeks. Then they charged me a restocking fee and the return shipping and refused to negotiate on that.

judithc22
8/7/16

Very slow shipping/delivery after purchase, took 3 weeks to get and unable to contact the vendor directly to ask about shipping. You have to go through WANELO to get answers, and all they do is connect with the seller and then reply trying to reassure you, but the shipping information or details are vague and often not updated, so not very helpful. I ordered 4 bathing suits, took 3 weeks to get, had no idea when I placed the order that this would happen, and as a result, the order didn't arrive in time for my trip. The customer service person from WANELO was friendly and apologetic, but honestly couldn't really provide me the detailed information about the package tracking that I needed. I would not purchase again from this company unless they change their policy and provide up front detailed shipping information.

dianed55
7/28/16

When you look up the shopping website, WANELO, the phone number they advertise ( 800-205-6109) is not a valid number and you cannot reach anyone!
Major indication of problems!
Also, if you should decide to cancel an order, even if you accidentally clicked on the wrong item....and want to cancel it immediately afterwards, the site states " No Cancellations!" So, you are stuck with the item!
There is NO link to be able to speak to a customer service representative!
Should you have a problem, you are in your own.
When I ordered something that I wanted to change, I had to call my bank to stop payment because there no other way to cancel.
As I said, WANELO doesn't allow cancelations!
Plus, look for the same item on Amazon, and it's much cheaper!

angelas107
7/17/16

They must not want business. Their website keeps directing you to their app to make a purchase, but it will not let you complete the sale. It keeps telling me that the site owner needs to activate their account. Too bad, guess I will take my money elsewhere to spend. If it is not worth their time making sure their app works, then it's not worthmy time to call them to complete my purchase.

liamw11
7/6/16

Avoid this place at all costs!
Purchased an item (pair of shoes). Item received was 3 sizes too small.
Given the run around trying to return and get a refund.
Eventually got 'permission' to return the item - at my cost - and now haven't seen my refund.
All I get is excuses. Huge waste of time and money!!!
Do not trust this place. Do not give them your custom!

lig222
6/26/16

My shop has approved ,Why Wanelo channel has been deactivated for my shop these two days .cost my much time to try to do it ,no reply !!!!!!!!! My Email is cadfan1990@hotmail.com

sherryz4
6/23/16

We have a store on wanelo and it just stopped paying us from May. We fulfilled the orders and customesr even reviewed them on the app and we still don't get our money! No support no phone number to call! what is going on?

aleraa
6/13/16

I have bought several products on wanelo! They often come in late tho, and there is no obvious way to leave a review and I still can't figure it out!

sultanas
6/8/16

I sell and have almost 700 items on another site. I was scouting around for an additional site; I can tell you that it will NEVER be Wanelo. They won't even let me SHOP without an app--yeah, that's what I would want for my customers--make it difficult and suspicious for them to shop. And I just read lots of reviews from buyers. Is Wanelo in China?

ericl82
5/28/16

As a seller, this site is a pain in the rear. I own Sensual Shoes & Clothing Boutique and was introduced to Wanelo by my supplier and Shopify, my website host. The only way you can sell on Wanelo is by having a Shopify store. The first couple of days, I got a couple of sales and thought, alright, this might work. However, the sales stopped after luring me in with those few. I have taken all the marketing advice and implemented it, spent countless hours liking, following, etc. and still nothing. I can't figure out how to even organize my products other than this long tedious process of adding to collections or writing some story. My followers stay on the number 10 when in fact I know people have followed me because when going to the alerts, it tells me I received 28 followers in a day. I have purchased from Wanelo as well. My purchase experience has been really good, which is why I'm giving it 2 stars. Wanelo customer service isn't the best and I'm really at my wits end as a seller on the site.

lh50
5/28/16

I don't even think this is worthy of one star but I had to choose something. Purchased 8 bathing suits and need to return a few and can't get any help from Wanelo. Trying to contact the vendors the items were shipped by and can't get any help there. Wanelo ships with their order numbers but not the vendor order number so hence having problems. Again, NO HELP from Wanelo. Will NEVER use this site again EVER! Worst customer service -- NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! Completely ridiculous and a WASTE OF MONEY!

lalap
5/18/16

wanelo is a potato dealer do not buy or order from them they steal your credit information and hate you dont eat potatos

ashleyb109
5/16/16

Do not waste your time looking at the cool pictures- its all fake stuff from china that you will have to return. Complete scam- ive tried several times to spend a giftcard i got last year and i return everything i buy there. Over 7 items returned and wanelo allows these scammers to take advantage of their customers you shouldnt give them your business

maribelp4
5/16/16

My daughter bought from this scam site and the phone number is not a working number! Her light came late and in a bag that said "mens shirt". It is broken and missing a cord and it's from China not US! Called the number on the box and some guy picked up and said that some company has been using his number. I'm reporting this site to the BBB!!!! Also I don't rate this site a 1 but can't submit without eating. It deserves a -0

59 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wanelo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Answer
danikad1
A: Hi Rosemary! You can explore the site to check items without signing up, however to purchase an item you would need to create an account and sign in. Wanelo has a secure payment system and thereby requires a log in. Hope this helps!
3 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Answer
danikad1
A: Hi Tori, I am sorry to hear about you order having issues. Can you please send us a private message with your order number so I cam check it for you immediately?
2 weeks ago