US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

wendys85
8/22/16

My daughter ordered a dress from Wanelo for Prom....when we got it, it wasn't even close to the dress that was shown on-line. Trying to return a dress from China is a joke. I had e-mail conversations from a "Naomi" from Wanelo for 2 weeks on instructions on getting it returned, all of her e-mails came through in the middle of the night. I asked and asked her to call me, never did. I finally got an address to send it back, I'm in SD, the return address was for MN (which I thought was odd). After I returned it to the address, I was called by the person receiving it indicating that this was a private address and they had no idea why I just sent them a dress. I apologized and asked them to return it and I would cover the costs, which they said they would....but after 2 months and a several more calls to them, I never got the dress......so I think they are in the scam with Wanelo!!
DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY.....and PLEASE WANELO....DON'T BOTHER SENDING ME A RESPONSE TRYING TO MAKE MENDS.....I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER ORDER FROM YOUR COMPANY AGAIN.

ambera31
8/20/16

They didn't have my size. I asked for a refund over a month ago. They tried to tell me they put it on my Wanelo account when I said I wanted it back on my card. I don't want any more garbage from them. I've been waiting since early July just to get my money back

lisal200
8/17/16

My daughter ordered a dress on Wanelo.

When it finally came it was not the material she thought it would be and she never even tried the dress on. It cost me $65 dollars with shipping and it took weeks to show up.
When it came we were not in town. As we caught up with our mail from being gone we opened this package and realized we would return the dress.
To my dismay we called Wanelo and left messages to find out how to return the item. We were not called back. By the time we finally figured out how to do the return we were told the dress had to be returned within 7 days of the receipt or it could not be returned. I have never ever heard of such a short turn around. I emailed the Wanelo customer service account and got a brief reply that they were sorry we could no longer return the dress.
That was it. I would have like information on how to communicate with the store directly to talk about my displeasure and to see if I could try to still return the dress.

I have not heard back from Wanelo about this.

I am now stuck with a dress that has never even been tried on.
We ordered in mid July and it is now Mid August. Surely most stores would let you return.
I think this site uses poor companies that are making customers frustrated.

joec174
8/12/16

I bought an item that I needed at a certain time, so after I purchased it I wrote asking if I could pay for expedited shipping for and that if I couldn't I wanted to cancel the order. They said I couldn't and I also couldn't cancel the order and would need to wait till I received it to get a refund. Then they "couldn't get the seller" to give me an RMA or return info for two weeks. Then they charged me a restocking fee and the return shipping and refused to negotiate on that.

judithc22
8/7/16

Very slow shipping/delivery after purchase, took 3 weeks to get and unable to contact the vendor directly to ask about shipping. You have to go through WANELO to get answers, and all they do is connect with the seller and then reply trying to reassure you, but the shipping information or details are vague and often not updated, so not very helpful. I ordered 4 bathing suits, took 3 weeks to get, had no idea when I placed the order that this would happen, and as a result, the order didn't arrive in time for my trip. The customer service person from WANELO was friendly and apologetic, but honestly couldn't really provide me the detailed information about the package tracking that I needed. I would not purchase again from this company unless they change their policy and provide up front detailed shipping information.

dianed55
7/28/16

When you look up the shopping website, WANELO, the phone number they advertise ( 800-205-6109) is not a valid number and you cannot reach anyone!
Major indication of problems!
Also, if you should decide to cancel an order, even if you accidentally clicked on the wrong item....and want to cancel it immediately afterwards, the site states " No Cancellations!" So, you are stuck with the item!
There is NO link to be able to speak to a customer service representative!
Should you have a problem, you are in your own.
When I ordered something that I wanted to change, I had to call my bank to stop payment because there no other way to cancel.
As I said, WANELO doesn't allow cancelations!
Plus, look for the same item on Amazon, and it's much cheaper!

angelas107
7/17/16

They must not want business. Their website keeps directing you to their app to make a purchase, but it will not let you complete the sale. It keeps telling me that the site owner needs to activate their account. Too bad, guess I will take my money elsewhere to spend. If it is not worth their time making sure their app works, then it's not worthmy time to call them to complete my purchase.

liamw11
7/6/16

Avoid this place at all costs!
Purchased an item (pair of shoes). Item received was 3 sizes too small.
Given the run around trying to return and get a refund.
Eventually got 'permission' to return the item - at my cost - and now haven't seen my refund.
All I get is excuses. Huge waste of time and money!!!
Do not trust this place. Do not give them your custom!

lig222
6/26/16

My shop has approved ,Why Wanelo channel has been deactivated for my shop these two days .cost my much time to try to do it ,no reply !!!!!!!!! My Email is cadfan1990@hotmail.com

sherryz4
6/23/16

We have a store on wanelo and it just stopped paying us from May. We fulfilled the orders and customesr even reviewed them on the app and we still don't get our money! No support no phone number to call! what is going on?

aleraa
6/13/16

I have bought several products on wanelo! They often come in late tho, and there is no obvious way to leave a review and I still can't figure it out!

sultanas
6/8/16

I sell and have almost 700 items on another site. I was scouting around for an additional site; I can tell you that it will NEVER be Wanelo. They won't even let me SHOP without an app--yeah, that's what I would want for my customers--make it difficult and suspicious for them to shop. And I just read lots of reviews from buyers. Is Wanelo in China?

ericl82
5/28/16

As a seller, this site is a pain in the rear. I own Sensual Shoes & Clothing Boutique and was introduced to Wanelo by my supplier and Shopify, my website host. The only way you can sell on Wanelo is by having a Shopify store. The first couple of days, I got a couple of sales and thought, alright, this might work. However, the sales stopped after luring me in with those few. I have taken all the marketing advice and implemented it, spent countless hours liking, following, etc. and still nothing. I can't figure out how to even organize my products other than this long tedious process of adding to collections or writing some story. My followers stay on the number 10 when in fact I know people have followed me because when going to the alerts, it tells me I received 28 followers in a day. I have purchased from Wanelo as well. My purchase experience has been really good, which is why I'm giving it 2 stars. Wanelo customer service isn't the best and I'm really at my wits end as a seller on the site.

lh50
5/28/16

I don't even think this is worthy of one star but I had to choose something. Purchased 8 bathing suits and need to return a few and can't get any help from Wanelo. Trying to contact the vendors the items were shipped by and can't get any help there. Wanelo ships with their order numbers but not the vendor order number so hence having problems. Again, NO HELP from Wanelo. Will NEVER use this site again EVER! Worst customer service -- NO CUSTOMER SERVICE! Completely ridiculous and a WASTE OF MONEY!

lalap
5/18/16

wanelo is a potato dealer do not buy or order from them they steal your credit information and hate you dont eat potatos

ashleyb109
5/16/16

Do not waste your time looking at the cool pictures- its all fake stuff from china that you will have to return. Complete scam- ive tried several times to spend a giftcard i got last year and i return everything i buy there. Over 7 items returned and wanelo allows these scammers to take advantage of their customers you shouldnt give them your business

maribelp4
5/16/16

My daughter bought from this scam site and the phone number is not a working number! Her light came late and in a bag that said "mens shirt". It is broken and missing a cord and it's from China not US! Called the number on the box and some guy picked up and said that some company has been using his number. I'm reporting this site to the BBB!!!! Also I don't rate this site a 1 but can't submit without eating. It deserves a -0

jenm43
5/16/16

Wanelo has a wide range of products from many stores, which is a reason why I liked this site. However, purchases have taken several weeks to arrive, and sizing/appearance is very inconsistent, especially for non-American purchases. The review system is great, allowing you to sort out whom to buy from. However, you definitely have to be careful of what purchases you make here. Great way to save money though on great looking items.

alicev11
5/13/16

I first ordered from Wanelo a bit skeptical because it was online, and I couldn't try on the dress myself. However, they definitely delivered (no pun intended). The dress fits perfectly, it looks the same way it was advertised, and it came in 4 days! I was scared I wouldn't have enough time to see how it turned out for prom, but the timing was speedy (I have a week until prom still) and the dress itself was as I hoped.

sharont56
5/11/16

Wanelo should take ownership in customer service. Wanelo allows companies with poor quality products and bad customer service to sell to unsuspecting customers. The company CUPSHE cheats its way to profits. On their Wanelo page, it says to "return to US warehouse", no mention of an address. When I tried to contact they send me irrelevant messages back. (Adding fuel to the fire.) I am just asking for a return address! Wanelo to me, is just as bad of a company: there is not even a contact email address to address my complaint.

tinar59
5/10/16

We purchased a dress from Wanelo. It stated that it was from the US. When we received the dress it was nothing like the picture. Its was also from China!! I've been fighting to get my money back since receiving it. There needs to be a lawsuit against this company for wronging so many people. DO NOT BUY FROM WANELO!!

mubm
5/8/16

Is Wanelo a good website to shop? i want to buy things on there but i am nor quite sure i want to since i have been reading ALL the bad revwies i have read.....

roxip
5/5/16

I ordered a top from Wanelo. When I receive it, the quality was not what I expected and it was too small. I had to search to find their return policy, but I emailed them and ask them to send me a return label. Their return policy states that shipping is free if I use the return label. Returns are to be postmarked within 7 days of receipt or you will not get a refund!!! Well, I have yet to receive a return label (its been over 48 hours) and I received an email asking for two photographs demonstrating the issue (the top is too small--really?) and then they will forward the information on to the seller and address the problem. And, by the way, their phone number is invalid. I am going to dispute this charge on my credit card until this is resolved. I would advise all not to order from this site.

sheryla7
5/4/16

I wrote a review similar to this and removed it because I thought Wanelo had fixed the problem- THAT'S NOT THE CASE
If I could negative stars I would ~ As a seller on Wanelo. I am not happy at all. I have contacted Wanelo's support team over and over because of one reason or another. I am having issues with the whole app I cannot verify my settings, they charge the wrong tax on orders they only estimate sales tax which I believe is against the law.
I placed a test order yesterday for $14.00 + Shipping 3.99 than there is a charge for $3.30 for Taxes and Fees (Tax on 14.99 should be $1.26) not sure what other fees are - I asked and question not answered - Total test order was $21.29. I refunded the order however, I could only refund $19.34 (Tax amount on refund shows $1.35) not sure where the other money is that I paid on a test order - Looks to me like there are hidden Wanelo fees on top of the commission they take for each order. Very unprofessional - Seller's and Buyer's beware

pattir10
5/3/16

Has anyone ever successfully placed an order & actually received what they ordered? My order supposedly "triggered our fraud detection system". (In other words they never had the item I ordered in the first place). "An email was sent to you earlier asking to confirm the order". (Never happened). STUPID website. Lesson learned.

57 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wanelo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
danikad1
A: Hi Dina! Purchase is done online. Simply download the App and you may order via our secure payment system. Hope this helps!
2 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Answer
danikad1
A: Hi Bedelia! At the moment we only ship within the United States.
3 weeks ago