Review of Spokeo

Tel: 1-877-913-3088
support@spokeo.com

cheric21
6/27/17

Now having to fight to get my money back. And, you cannot "cancel any time" unless you used PayPal. If you paid them directly keep an eye on your account.

danaf25
6/14/17

The site offered a free trial subscription .... BIG mistake. All my attempts to unsubscribe on the site are met with this message: "We were unable to complete your request at the moment. Please try again." I have been trying repeatedly for three days now - I always receive the same message. My emails on the "contact us" and "help" functions go unanswered.

ninab29
6/13/17

Crooks!!! I selected one time search for $1.95 but they charged me $.95, then $1.95, and then $19.95. DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

alexm283
6/3/17

I live in the U.K. And I have been concerned that my email address is being used by someone else. I saw this company and thought it might be able to show me if my email is being used on sites I don't know about.
So I signed up thinking I could find out, pay for the month and cancel. It doesn't even work in England, and it wanted to change me $35 for the privilege of not working!
I don't know what to do about it, I have sent an email but I don't know what I can do. Utter scam!

fucky82
6/1/17

You all are a bunch of crooks and I'm filing a law suit. THEY HAVE A LOT OF HIDDEN FEES. AND LIES!! DID A .95 ONE TIME SEARCH AND THEY CHARGED ME 19.95 IN 7 DYAS THEN ANOTHOER 9.95 IN 15.DAYS. SPOKEO IS A BUNCH OF CROOKS. ALL THERE INFORMATION IS INACCURATE AND NOT CURRENT.

susanl177
5/26/17

I signed up to conduct a search on Spokeo. However, before deciding whether I might want to continue a subscription for their services I ran a basic phone number search as my test query. I used my own phone number to evaluate the accuracy of information that Spokeo would provide for my search. Unfortunately, they failed miserably, and of course they will never get my business. I have lived in the same location for nearly 30 years. The search came back with my location in Santa Ana California where I have never lived. The owner of the phone most certainly was not me even though I have had that number for several years. So sorry to say that Spokeo is unable to provide accurate data for the simplest of searches.

wilmam11
5/25/17

No free reverse phone number look up. Its a scam. Don"t believe that it"s free! False advertising! Beware!

katherynl2
5/20/17

Got crazy results with about 15 people living in my home and can't for the life of me get it cancelled. Nothing was correct even the public phone numbers that appear in the phone book. Biggest bs ever. It's actually a-------one. Can't go low enough.

lb99
5/20/17

It has my age listed at 64. You have added almost a decade to my age. The inaccurate information is really helpful while you are job hunting. If you are going to publish people's information, the least you could do is get it right.

pattib37
5/16/17

I got nothing for my 1.95 except to have my debit card hacked less than an hour later and someone trying to make a 900.00 purchase in Calfifornia where they are located.

billp101
5/8/17

This is one of the sites you will never want to deal with, I made a search for a phone number and paid .99 cents, the search was totally helpless, and I ended up been charged 19.95 every month and I just realized after 3 months, with something I just didn't even know I had. They don't send any payment receipt so you don't figure out that you are being charged. I'm going to dispute through my bank because I tried to contact them online and no response. This site should definitely be shut down because it's stealing money to people!!!

danh123
4/27/17

I signed up for a 'one time' search for $.99, somehow I also t signed up for a free trail THAT I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR, and ended up getting charged $19.95 3 times before I found out!! If it wasn't bad enough that my $.99 search didn't help me at all, now I have $60 in charges that again, I DID NOT WANT!!!!! I called customer service and was told that they could only cancel the service. So I sent them an email next in which I received an automated message saying I would be contacted in 12-24 hours....and I am now going on day 4 without any response from them!! So much for customer service!!!!!

thomast84
4/15/17

I tried their web site search after having a suspicious phone call. What I ender up with was nothing at all except a charge on my credit card. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

mikem496
4/11/17

I considered writtign along disertaqiton on SPokeo...the company I recently tired on line for searching out peole adn ba ckgrounds.

but I deciderd ot cut ot teh chase..

1) it dint work
2) the " Free trial" was not free..
3) They charged 19.95 without telling me and even after i showed them the agreement i signed that stated it was free for 30 days they insisted that it was only part of the bigger agreement buried somewhere the text..
4) SPokeo- just another rip off...

Nuff' said

kassandraf
4/11/17

I used this site for one search and paid the one-time fee of .95 about 2 months ago. Since then, I've found over $40 in charges from this website. They are unbelievable. I really can't believe a site like this hasn't been shut down for fraud.

janp43
4/8/17

Spokeo wrote a response to my complaint on here They are claiming they send receipts for payments. I never got any receipts by any email or any source. They give telephone numbers expecting me to call them. Not likely. These people get your info and bill you repeatedly because of fake accounts. I am intend to file complaints with every government agency I can, until somebody makes them get a signature for their phony accounts they use to do repeat billing on people. Yes, I got my money back and it is still under investigation. Save your comments for that! Eat that Spokeo. .

micheles4
4/5/17

Doesn't tell you diddly. Info outdated. The guys are Catfish are getting paid to advertise this joke of a site.

waveg
3/16/17

Well, Spokeo's response appeared apologitic & sincere. It suggested I call customer svc at 888-906-0850. I did, still no refund. They really want to keep my $29.70. I'm not happy.

boby9
2/14/17

link says its free lookup of a phone number.. IT IS NOT... Phony.. wrong... and just plain trying to fool the public shame on spokeo

jamesn122
2/13/17

This website is a joke.They have 8 different families living at my address.We are the only family that has ever lived here.The property was previously a hay field,we developed it.They also have have 5 people living here.There wouldn't be that many if you counted the pets.

chuckg15
2/8/17

Scam
they will charge you every month even if you only do a one time charge. Do not give them your credit card. They will continue to charge and the most you can ever get back is 2 months. And the site finds nothing for you.

omeliac
2/6/17

I've paid for subscription and the reverse email search came up to nothing. I can find more on my own just using general google search. Also, when I tried searching my own email, it came up with a meager 2 or 3 pieces of information. Not at all exhaustive as Google search engine pulled up a ton more. May I get a refund?

lolat8
1/19/17

I put a particular number into their system. They ran the number and said that they had a full report to share with me, so I paid the $2 for it. Turns out they had no information on the number at all. I'm not going to cry over $2, but after reading other people's reviews I will definitely be monitoring my Credit Card. I don't think this site is honest or useful.

willh48
1/15/17

They take your money with promises of giving you information they have but once they take your payment you get nothing.

jocelync10
12/27/16

DO NOT USE SPOKEO, YOU WILL END UP PAYING MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION YOU DID NOT SIGN UP FOR. THEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY PUT YOU ON MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FOR 19.99 A MONTH. I AM ONE OF THE VICTIM HERE. THIS WEBSITE IS A BIG SCAM!!!!!!

Helpful answer

Watch for the $20 charge at the end of the month. They say a person is out, then the charge comes a month later. Had to cancel my card and get new # to keep them out of my wallet.

By Rich C. on 7/9/15
Helpful answer

inform your visa provider,they should stop the payments and get you a refund from when you cancelled the account.It worked for me as visa said they had numerous complaints about Spokeo.Hope you sort it out!

By frank b. on 11/28/15

By Rich C. on 4/13/13
Helpful answer

Call them and cancel asap

By Erica k. on 6/30/15

By Rich C. on 4/15/15
Helpful answer

I cancelled Spokeo service due to selling me misinformation or inaccurate information. I got this in writing from David at Spokeo. They are good about sending a letter about we are sorry about not meeting your expectations. Our terms of use states we can do this blah blah blah. After I cancelled this subscription and got this in writing from David, I got a new debit card from my bank. Spokeo found the NEW CARD and charged it. I took the problem to my bank and got a credit. Be very careful of these people, watch your bank statements.

By John H. on 8/19/15
Helpful answer

When you sign up for the special you are also signing up for a biz site. If you cancel Spokeo you must cancel both.

By Jim R. on 6/3/15
Helpful answer

Elias, query "spokeo lawsuits" on google. There have been numerous cases on this group. Spokeo..........if you are reading these complaints, I am wondering how you manage to get around the charge backs and still have a credit card company that works with you.

By John H. on 8/4/15
Helpful answer

Hello Darlene, I understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving this matter. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our information comes from various sources located within the Public Domain such as public record data, surveys, and social data (that has not been deemed private). Spokeo makes this information more easily accessible for people to research themselves or others, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 888-906-0850, or via email at CustomerCare@spokeo.com should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue. All the best, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I. [Spokeo Rep] on 5/15/17
Helpful answer

Dear Frederick, Thank you for reaching out to us. For questions regarding your Spokeo Subscription, please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We are available 24/7 and happy to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Sincerely, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I. [Spokeo Rep] on 4/29/17
Questions? Get answers from the Spokeo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Spokeo