Review of Spokeo

Tel: 1-877-913-3088
support@spokeo.com

jamesr317
10/11/17

Horrible service, inaccurate service, cancelling accounts with legitimate inquiries, lack of search criteria, overpriced memberships, call in wait times too long and no interests in providing useful background checks for potential employers! What was the point in developing this website?

monicam111
10/1/17

They try to hook you in by making you wait a long time for the info, but then they don't suppl the info.

renator1
9/19/17

If it wasn't for my wife who checked my credit card billing, I would have never know I was subscribed on Spokeo.
I have never used the account and what is very serious is that they never let you know when the renew your supposed membership.
Worse of all is they continue to charge the service even when credit card is expired, meaning that they don't ask you to update the information on their website....maybe because they hope you forgot about that? More important, is the correct behaviour from a company?

I sent yesterday an email to their customer services, after 24 hours I still haven't received any answer from them.

Renato R.

mirabellad
9/14/17

Paid only for them to show me the same information they gave me to begin with. Which was nothing but location (which I knew).

jamesm716
9/7/17

Tried to do a reverse phone number lookup for someone who was reselling locally stolen goods. Spokeo said it found the result with the name and address. I paid $1.95 for a one time record. There was nothing there except for phone number I was searching on. No name, no address, nothing...except the cell phone carrier...who cares. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! Ps....all the other reverse phone look up sites are scams as well.

marcelinaf
9/1/17

Is so fake I put all my information and it only gives you my really old information so old it's not even worth paying for this you guys do a upgrade to see if it really works to see if you guys have my real information it's a waste of money as a waste of time fix this crap .

cherylj50
8/16/17

They will take your money, tell you it's per month and then charge you for 6 months of service. In addition 98% of the information they provide based on name and telephone search is NOT correct!!!!! Please find another service to use unless you want incorrect information, charges that you did not sign up for and a robotic person to talk to in their so call "customer service".

thomasw161
8/13/17

Tried to do a reverse phone number lookup for someone who was anonymously texting me. Spokeo said it found the result with the name and address. I paid $1.95 for a one time record. There was nothing there except for phone number I was searching on. No name, no address, nothing...except the cell phone carrier...who cares. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! Ps....all the other reverse phone look up sites are scams as well.

sherrelll
8/5/17

Yesterday, was my first time to try Spokeo for my cheater. The search started out good I did everything right but it didn't find who I was specifically looking for. $1 not bad though.i tried other cheater profile websites before spokeo

cheric21
6/27/17

Now having to fight to get my money back. And, you cannot "cancel any time" unless you used PayPal. If you paid them directly keep an eye on your account.

danaf25
6/14/17

The site offered a free trial subscription .... BIG mistake. All my attempts to unsubscribe on the site are met with this message: "We were unable to complete your request at the moment. Please try again." I have been trying repeatedly for three days now - I always receive the same message. My emails on the "contact us" and "help" functions go unanswered.

ninab29
6/13/17

Crooks!!! I selected one time search for $1.95 but they charged me $.95, then $1.95, and then $19.95. DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

alexm283
6/3/17

I live in the U.K. And I have been concerned that my email address is being used by someone else. I saw this company and thought it might be able to show me if my email is being used on sites I don't know about.
So I signed up thinking I could find out, pay for the month and cancel. It doesn't even work in England, and it wanted to change me $35 for the privilege of not working!
I don't know what to do about it, I have sent an email but I don't know what I can do. Utter scam!

fucky82
6/1/17

You all are a bunch of crooks and I'm filing a law suit. THEY HAVE A LOT OF HIDDEN FEES. AND LIES!! DID A .95 ONE TIME SEARCH AND THEY CHARGED ME 19.95 IN 7 DYAS THEN ANOTHOER 9.95 IN 15.DAYS. SPOKEO IS A BUNCH OF CROOKS. ALL THERE INFORMATION IS INACCURATE AND NOT CURRENT.

susanl177
5/26/17

I signed up to conduct a search on Spokeo. However, before deciding whether I might want to continue a subscription for their services I ran a basic phone number search as my test query. I used my own phone number to evaluate the accuracy of information that Spokeo would provide for my search. Unfortunately, they failed miserably, and of course they will never get my business. I have lived in the same location for nearly 30 years. The search came back with my location in Santa Ana California where I have never lived. The owner of the phone most certainly was not me even though I have had that number for several years. So sorry to say that Spokeo is unable to provide accurate data for the simplest of searches.

wilmam11
5/25/17

No free reverse phone number look up. Its a scam. Don"t believe that it"s free! False advertising! Beware!

katherynl2
5/20/17

Got crazy results with about 15 people living in my home and can't for the life of me get it cancelled. Nothing was correct even the public phone numbers that appear in the phone book. Biggest bs ever. It's actually a-------one. Can't go low enough.

lb99
5/20/17

It has my age listed at 64. You have added almost a decade to my age. The inaccurate information is really helpful while you are job hunting. If you are going to publish people's information, the least you could do is get it right.

pattib37
5/16/17

I got nothing for my 1.95 except to have my debit card hacked less than an hour later and someone trying to make a 900.00 purchase in Calfifornia where they are located.

billp101
5/8/17

This is one of the sites you will never want to deal with, I made a search for a phone number and paid .99 cents, the search was totally helpless, and I ended up been charged 19.95 every month and I just realized after 3 months, with something I just didn't even know I had. They don't send any payment receipt so you don't figure out that you are being charged. I'm going to dispute through my bank because I tried to contact them online and no response. This site should definitely be shut down because it's stealing money to people!!!

danh123
4/27/17

I signed up for a 'one time' search for $.99, somehow I also t signed up for a free trail THAT I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR, and ended up getting charged $19.95 3 times before I found out!! If it wasn't bad enough that my $.99 search didn't help me at all, now I have $60 in charges that again, I DID NOT WANT!!!!! I called customer service and was told that they could only cancel the service. So I sent them an email next in which I received an automated message saying I would be contacted in 12-24 hours....and I am now going on day 4 without any response from them!! So much for customer service!!!!!

thomast84
4/15/17

I tried their web site search after having a suspicious phone call. What I ender up with was nothing at all except a charge on my credit card. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY

mikem496
4/11/17

I considered writtign along disertaqiton on SPokeo...the company I recently tired on line for searching out peole adn ba ckgrounds.

but I deciderd ot cut ot teh chase..

1) it dint work
2) the " Free trial" was not free..
3) They charged 19.95 without telling me and even after i showed them the agreement i signed that stated it was free for 30 days they insisted that it was only part of the bigger agreement buried somewhere the text..
4) SPokeo- just another rip off...

Nuff' said

kassandraf
4/11/17

I used this site for one search and paid the one-time fee of .95 about 2 months ago. Since then, I've found over $40 in charges from this website. They are unbelievable. I really can't believe a site like this hasn't been shut down for fraud.

janp43
4/8/17

Spokeo wrote a response to my complaint on here They are claiming they send receipts for payments. I never got any receipts by any email or any source. They give telephone numbers expecting me to call them. Not likely. These people get your info and bill you repeatedly because of fake accounts. I am intend to file complaints with every government agency I can, until somebody makes them get a signature for their phony accounts they use to do repeat billing on people. Yes, I got my money back and it is still under investigation. Save your comments for that! Eat that Spokeo. .

Helpful answer

Watch for the $20 charge at the end of the month. They say a person is out, then the charge comes a month later. Had to cancel my card and get new # to keep them out of my wallet.

By Rich C. on 7/9/15
Helpful answer

inform your visa provider,they should stop the payments and get you a refund from when you cancelled the account.It worked for me as visa said they had numerous complaints about Spokeo.Hope you sort it out!

By frank b. on 11/28/15

By Rich C. on 4/13/13
Helpful answer

Call them and cancel asap

By Erica k. on 6/30/15

By Rich C. on 4/15/15
Helpful answer

I cancelled Spokeo service due to selling me misinformation or inaccurate information. I got this in writing from David at Spokeo. They are good about sending a letter about we are sorry about not meeting your expectations. Our terms of use states we can do this blah blah blah. After I cancelled this subscription and got this in writing from David, I got a new debit card from my bank. Spokeo found the NEW CARD and charged it. I took the problem to my bank and got a credit. Be very careful of these people, watch your bank statements.

By John H. on 8/19/15
Helpful answer

When you sign up for the special you are also signing up for a biz site. If you cancel Spokeo you must cancel both.

By Jim R. on 6/3/15
Helpful answer

Elias, query "spokeo lawsuits" on google. There have been numerous cases on this group. Spokeo..........if you are reading these complaints, I am wondering how you manage to get around the charge backs and still have a credit card company that works with you.

By John H. on 8/4/15
Helpful answer

Hello Darlene, I understand your concern and wish to assist in resolving this matter. Please allow me to explain about Spokeo. We are a search engine that specializes in finding people. Many of our customers have had the opportunity to reunite with lost family, friends, and loved ones, and that is something we are proud to be a part of. Our information comes from various sources located within the Public Domain such as public record data, surveys, and social data (that has not been deemed private). Spokeo makes this information more easily accessible for people to research themselves or others, and sometimes that information is not always up to date. I sincerely apologize for any misunderstanding, and any inconvenience this experience has caused. Please feel free to contact me by phone at 888-906-0850, or via email at CustomerCare@spokeo.com should you have any further questions or concerns regarding this issue. All the best, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I. [Spokeo Rep] on 5/15/17
Helpful answer

Dear Frederick, Thank you for reaching out to us. For questions regarding your Spokeo Subscription, please contact a member of our Customer Care team by calling 888-906-0850 at your earliest convenience. We are available 24/7 and happy to help with any questions or concerns you might have. Sincerely, Spokeo Customer Care

By Spokeo I. [Spokeo Rep] on 4/29/17
Questions? Get answers from the Spokeo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Spokeo