US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

faiths15

If you have to contact this site, they respond timely even if all you're doing is deactivating your account. (in 15 reviews)

jeanc25

So then, I started putting my number in to still get emails back! (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bobbieg16
7/3/16

I found the perfect roommate within one week. So many to choose from and very easy to use site.

mariez12
6/28/16

Thank you Roommate.com for making the connection that I couldn't have made on my own. After communicating with several candidates I found the perfect roommate. Thank you for making the process easy and reliable.

Best!
MZ

kayleh
6/22/16

Roommates.com seriously was awesome in helping me find a roommate. I signed up on a few other websites to find a roommate and no others quite compared. I am extremely organized and felt like roommates.com and their layout was as well. It was easy to describe what I had available for rent as well as list all of the features and details. They also have an internal email feature that makes it easy to communicate with potential future roommates without giving out any of your personal contact information. I upgraded to the 30 day membership so I could have access to view emails from potentials as well as have access to other information. I literally found and decided upon my roommate 1 day before my upgraded membership expired, which is awesome because I'm super picky and I did not even know that it was expiring the next day! I really do recommend this and only this website if you're searching for a roommate!

jol229
6/14/16

I only had a few matches (6-8) who were seeking in my area for my price but when it came down to actually trying to reach out and get in touch with these matches, no one would respond to my queries. The least they could have done would be to reply, "No thanks, not interested." The gentleman who contacted me was not even one of my matches but I think he searched in a broader range and found me. He moves in tomorrow!

faiths15
6/10/16

I have been on this site for a while but never upgraded. Once I upgraded the possibilities became endless! This site is more economical than other sites like roomster.com. If you have to contact this site, they respond timely even if all you're doing is deactivating your account. And it's not some automated system generated response either. I had the pleasure of receiving an email from Jessica and I think the fact rhat the email was personalized made me feel even better about the site. Yes I found a roommate!!! Too bad 10 stars is not an option!!!

karene52
6/7/16

I've been using roommates.com for about 8 years. I have found ALL my best roommates there!

michaelb361
6/4/16

I posted a room for rent on the site and got several responses, including several that did not meet the criteria I specified in my profile including several profiles that did not include the name, gender, or age of the applicant or enough other information about the person to warrant following up on the referral. However, one of the contacts did turn out to be exactly what I was looking for and he now is living in my home. He is very quiet and clean and is gone most of the day, so our arrangement is working out just fine so far.

sharonc90
6/3/16

I had a wonderful experience with Roommates.com last year. I had a roommate that was very thoughtful and kind. We hit it off from the very beginning. I would hope that all roommates were as great as Paula. Sadly, we had to move as our lease was up and she decided to get married. I recommend "roommates" at least as a starting place if you are looking to share expenses.

barbaraf52
6/3/16

This site helped me narrow my search, both with regards to age and personality. I found a roommate that is just perfect for me, and we have SO much in common it's phenomenal. Thanks so much, as after a Craigslist bad experience, these results worked out so well.

russellg18
5/31/16

Your site to easy to list and to contact potential roommates. I would have give your sites 5 out of five stars.

carrieg21
5/31/16

Great site, lots of options for roommates for the space I was offering. Easy to use. Impressed. Will recommend to others.

charf3
5/26/16

Scammers and poor quality tenants pool.

raeannh
5/23/16

I'm on my forth roommate utilizing Roommates.com. I have had great success. 1st roommate = 4 years, 2nd roommate = 1 year, 3rd
roommate = 2 years. My next roommate moves in on the first of June and I am confident that this will be as successful as the previous 3.
Thank you roommates.com!!!!!

wymanc
5/23/16

Step 1: Make a profile. If you want to go to Step 2, you have to pay. Would be nice to get a few free messages to try it out. I have a feeling some of the emails I'm receive are from fake accounts trying to contact me, so I will pay for roommates.com's upgraded services to read the messages. The term "upgrade" should really be "basic" services. You can't even view other members enlarged profile pictures. This is the only review I've ever made on a service. I feel that this business model is sooo poor, I had to comment. There have been so many complaints about this and the company still hasn't changed it's business model. Shows what Roommates.com really care about. $$$

brunom45
5/16/16

I used the website for almost a month and it was really helpful, now I found what I need. I had many options by the way. I truly appreciate it. Thank you guys

smithr16
5/9/16

The website is user friendly and i was given a good choice of candidates. I found my roommate within 3 weeks. I would definitely use the website again.

johnm748
5/2/16

After searching and contacting different potential roommates for a couple of weeks, I found a very nice person who was renting out a beautiful house. We met and talked, and I checked out the premises and honestly couldn't ask for a nicer place to live. I highly recommend the website and I would not hesitate to use it again in the future if the need arises. Thank you.

andreer
5/2/16

Within a week I found a wonderful roommate and we are doing just fine. I have your site to thank for this. I would recommend Roommates.com to everyone who is in need of a roommate.
This is a professional and reasonably priced solution and I deeply appreciate what you have done for me.
cardmama

Tip for consumers: Just use Roommates.com; there is none like it!!

kylet18
4/29/16

It was well worth it to find a roommate through roommate.com. I had a few accounts with a few different websites, but ended up finding a roommate through this site.

delb202
4/28/16

I am a paid member looking for new place. Caucasian from western Europe, Educated, with an accent !
I found discrimination and narrow minded behavior and no place to live.
So if you are a minority even if you like like every body, Just FORGET it you are wasting your time.

geneb30
4/24/16

Roommates.com provided a great selection of potential roommates and an easy way to communicate with them. The matches were done in good taste and it helped to clear out those less compatible. The price for the membership is reasonable and worth it if you are serious about living with a responsible person. As I know that everyones preference is different, this was a great investment for me. Thanks Roommate.com. You were here for me when I needed you the most.

Most grateful,
GeneBean 2016

ronaldm76
4/22/16

WOW !! Your Web Site is truly AMAZING !!! Found a Roommate in JUST 3 day's. My wife and I are grateful to you. Not did we just find a roommate, we also found a new friend. Thank you !!!

jonathanh64
4/16/16

This company might be ok if they were upfront about what you can do for free.
I spent a week desperately waiting for a response to my messages to get a roommate fast (i got a job offer in a different city and need to move fast), only to receive a message, and find out that i can not read it or any message without paying .
If they told me this up front, it would be ok, but waiting to tell me this after i have wasted a week of my time and someone else's seems really dishonest.
Honestly, craigslist works much better and is free.
*Update*
I give the company credit, they responded to this review, quickly , calmly and in a professional manner. However, in my experience, most companies will provide a checklist of features at each price point upon creation of an account , so the customer is not unpleasantly surprised and forced to upgrade.
But i am really impressed with how fast they replied to this, good work.

michaelm405
4/14/16

I am so happy, I believe I have found the perfect living location, as well as a great landlord, and friend. Very happy with the quick response I got too,.

ericaf19
4/12/16

I found the right roommate for me through this site. It was easy and quick. Of curse I had to do my own back ground check on the person before agreeing to share my home with her but its worked out. I had many responses and several people to choose from. I recommend this site.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Roommates.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
13 hours ago
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Answer
jessicar18
A: Hello,

You do not have to upgrade to receive responses from other other members, but you do have to upgrade to read their responses. You are able to see the nickname of who is messaging you so you always have the option of sending your contact information in the free messages that you send out to other members if you aren't ready to upgrade.

If you have additional questions please contact us at support@roommates.com.

Roommates.com Customer Support