Review of JJsHouse

Central, Hong Kong Island, HK
feedback@jjshouse.com

morgang24
10/20/17

My dress arrived and it just didn't fit. I normally wear a size 12 or 14 but because of my bust I ordered a size 16. I even bought it to a seamstress to see if anything could be done. The armholes were so small that I wanted to die after wearing it for 2 minutes. JJ's house said they can offer me 10% off another order. I have to order this dress for a wedding that I'm in and if I order the second dress then I will save $15.00? I'm already having to spend double. If you have any doubt that the dress may not fit you, or it will arrive ill fitting and not as good of quality as you had hoped then don't bother. You will spend way more time and way more money than if you had just paid a bit more at a department store to begin with. I do not recommend ordering from this company at all. I am very disappointed with their customer service.

susanl204
10/19/17

Customer service was terrible and they do not offer a return policy on dresses, unless you call 15 percent back a return policy. Also, if you decide to order from them, their size chart runs on the small side so you should order one size up.
My daughter normally gets a 13 but with JJShouse, we should have ordered a size 16.

lindac312
10/16/17

I had a dress custom made. The bodice looked nothing like the picture, and I could not move my arms forward. The fabric was thick and cut into my biceps. The sleeves of the jacket were narrow I could not pull them on. The dress was also much shorter than the picture, making it mid-thigh when I sat. Their solution was a 10% refund so I could take it to a tailor (where were they going to get the fabric to fix it?) or 20% coupon to buy a new outfit, and eat 80% of the cost of a dress that is not use.
I will never buy from them again.

lynnj31
10/10/17

After many e-mails back and forth with this company and several uncomplimentary reviews by me, I was promised a full refund without having to return the item. I look forward to receiving that refund and will then be satisfied with their service and how things were eventually resolved.

katieg56
10/8/17

I ordered a bridesmaid dress for my 15 year old daughter to be. After ordering, I found a different dress that I thought she might like better. I ordered 2 dresses, with the expectation that the one she didn't care for could be returned. We were not allowed to return one and given a 10% discount for future clothes. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE! It makes me even more mad that the dresses we received we liked but because of the CRAPPY Return Policy we were stuck with both dresses. HORRIBLE WAY TO SCAM PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

lauraf102
9/30/17

Will not honor returns. I ordered 4 items. The shoes were too large and only those could I return for credit - but need to pay to ship them to china. The jacket and wrap were standard size - one did not fit (too tight) and the other was poor quality. The dress was custom, but was made to exact measurements and therefore very tight, like a sleezy bimbo dress and made too short - neither fit nor length as pictures. They refused to return any of the other 3 items and offered only 20% credit or 30% if I reordered. This turned out to be a very expensive mistake - I would avoid if I were you. Meanwhile, I have purchased, tried and returned a few other items from Macy's, etc. that I tried on at home and returned without any problem. Stick to stores in the USA that have a good return policy.

ninas46
9/29/17

We ordered a dress for my 15- year-old daughter for her big and important day and it was a mistake. The dress was not the right size nor the material was good enough compared to the prize. The saddest thing is that they didnt accept to return the dress and give our money back. Lousy site for young people and their money. My daughter is so dissappointed.

paula1234
9/28/17

Besutiful site, terribke service, lots of mistakes on custom made dresses and no responsibility for returns. They have an incredibly complex method for returning something and it requires about 8 e-maila before they send you the form....only it isn't a form, it's instructions how to send something back. Even when it is their mistake, they will not refund the shipping costs. Complete waste of time. No telephone support.

amyh184
9/24/17

Do not order from this company unless you can afford to wait 3 weeks to month for a refund. And only IF they decide to send you a refund. Poor quality workmanship and fabric. Terrible quality. Colors are not accurate. I ordered Burgundy and got a red color not even in the color wheel, it was an undescribable red color, probably compare it to the a mixture of blush and watermelon....it was Awful! A month later, countless emails, and threatening to leave negative reviews on the return policy, they sent me a refund minus the shipping cost. It was $20 to return it so, I got back $80 out of $125. Never ever again!

beverlyb73
9/23/17

I ordered a mother of the bride dress from JJ's House. The dress was floor length instead of tea length as advertised, was made of poor quality material and it was at least 2 sizes smaller than it stated. They will not refund the purchase price and told me I could take it somewhere to have it altered if it didn't fit. They had no problem taking my money but once that occurred, they washed their hands of all responsibility to provide the garment as advertised. I would never do business with them again!!

melaniee12
9/23/17

I'm a genuine UK buyer and in no way affiliated with www.jjshouse.com. My daughter showed me a dress on this site which is based in China.

To see the colours and quality properly, I ordered two fabric swatches; silver and grey steel. They arrived within the week. Seeing the shades in the different materials changed my original choice of dress and colour.

In the end, I settled on steel grey. I ordered the Sheath/Column Scoop Neck Knee-Length Chiffon Lace Mother of the Bride Dress With Beading and paid on 7 September satisfied that as long as JJ's house could deliver on their promise of quality and craftsmanship, all would be well. I measured and remeasured my stats and paid the extra for custom-sized dress.

Then I read the bad reviews. Not the 5 stars ones only allowed on their website. Sitejabber and Trustpilot put the fear in me that I had just thrown away £156. I was fully prepared to be disappointed.

With regard to he order process, I was kept informed of the progress of my order by email and given a tracking number when it was shipped.
The delivery company was JCEX, Chinese also and Yodel at the UK end. I was aware by this time that I may be charged for customs costs. In some cases I read that people were being billed the same cost of their dress depending on their location. Having said that, I was not charged any customs fee and the dress was delivered on 20th September, thirteen days after ordering it.
The dress was packaged in a box and plastic zip bag. It was packed inside out. On first appearance it looked way too big - like a UK 12 (whereas I am between an 8-10 with off-the-peg clothing.)
However, it fits like a glove, almost. The sleeves are a bit wide but I could have them adjusted. The custom size did not include arm width so maybe it is worth adding this measurement to your special instructions. It feels heavy, as in not lightweight cheap material. It is not see through, which I was worried about. Even the built-in bra fits. The beading and lace is lovely. It needs a press although it is not overly creased. I'm no dressmaker but I am not disappointed in the appearance of the dress. The stitching is intact and finished off on the outside, but there are loose threads on the inside and inside the linings. The skirt is double lined. There doesn't appear to be any beading missing and the lace work looks lovely. I was concerned that the rah-rah style skirt would not sit right but it is absolutely fine. My daughter likes it too and it's for her wedding.
My experience with JJ's House was mainly all positive but I have learned this:

BUY the swatches because for each type of material (chiffon, taffeta, satin, Charmeuse) the shades vary quite a lot. Unfortunately the swatches didn't include the two materials of the dress I liked; lace and tulle, so I would advise you CHECK before you buy the swatches, whether they are available in the fabric you want - they're quick to respond to pre-sale questions but you need to be specific.

INDEPENDENT REVIEWS: check before you purchase!

The notification of CUSTOMS CHARGES isn't clearly highlighted on the sale pages or confirming email, so that's an unexpected potential additional expense to consider when ordering. The T&Cs don't provide any estimate of charges and asks you to check with your local customs office.

The main advice I'd give for buying from JJ's House is to buy a CUSTOM-SIZED dress. If you buy a standard size be prepared for it not to fit and not be able to claim a full refund. It's worth the extra £16.
MEASURE and RE-MEASURE your stats (in morning and evening to be absolutely sure that bloating will not be a factor!) and watch the 'how to take your measurements video' which I watched twice.

Tip for consumers: Read the refund policy and only buy custom made.

domiv
9/11/17

Their sizing is WAY OFF. They do not honor their return policy.... they say dresses are "CUSTOM" made even if your order Regualr sizes and then only over "20% coupon to use again on their site. bull$#*! company will be reporting it to my credit card company and FTC.

sandras209
9/9/17

They are fighting me on my return.
Measurements are wrong and the torso is tiny which is unfixable
not as advertised.
DO NOT USE
They are offering 25% for a useless dress
Will remove review after they finally agree to issue a real refund
I made claim 4 days after delivery
Well within their 7 day policy!!!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE

alicias66
9/8/17

I bought the A-Line/Princess V-neck Floor-Length Chiffon Evening Dress With Ruffle Split Front (017005249).
Before purchasing from JJsHOuse, I also bought the very similar dress from Lulus.com. Unfortunately the dress from Lulus.com, was too small, I am larger in the chest. JJsHouse has a wide array of sizes and colors which is a plus for them. However the quality of the fabric and the stitching is extremely poor. Lulus.com was by far a better product, fabric, and manufactured at a better quality. Yes it was a tad more pricey (like $30 more) than JJsHouse, but well worth the $30. JJsHouse also doesn't really have a return policy. You aren't allowed to purchase items just to try them on. So if you purchase an item, and it doesn't fit or you don't like the quality, they will not allow for a return. For a solely online clothing retailer, this is just a ridiculous policy. If I could return this dress I would. The craftsmanship is just not up to my standards. It also was large in the shoulder straps (about 2 1/2 inches needs to be taken out) and the off the shoulder strap stuck out and didn't lay properly. This is more likely due to the stiffness in the fabric, which is chiffon and shouldn't really have any stiffness, but this does. Why would I want a dress that I then now have to get altered. I would have just built it myself. Also, you aren't allowed to leave a bad review on their website. I tried, but instead of it being a review, it sent it to their customer support. They filter all their reviews and only let the positive ones through. Which again this shows them in a bad light. I don't like when companies aren't truthful to their customers, and by screening their reviews, it doesn't allow the proper research. If you were debating about making a purchase from JJsHouse, I would pass. Just know if you do make a purchase it is a gamble of whether the item will fit or be of good quality.

*******EDIT**********
So after posting this review, JJsHouse customer service contacted me to issue me a full refund. Unfortunately, I had already taken the dress to a seamstress to have it altered. Once I provided a receipt of the alterations, they did reimburse me for the full amount of alterations. I would say the quality of fabric and craftsmanship isn't the greatest overall on the product, however, at least if you complain and write negative reviews, then they will change their refund policy for you.
They also specifically told me "We kept our promise to refund you and please do us a favor and edit your reviews on SiteJabber, WeddingWire and TrustPilot to a 3 star one and update the content. Your help and understanding will be highly appreciated."

shaunac8
9/7/17

First off I just want to explain that our wedding we are paying for ourselves. My parents both moved on to the spirit realm when they were hit by a drink driver. My fiance father moved on 10 years ago and his mom....well doesn't believe interracial relationships is acceptable. So naturally we search for deals and ways to save...I ordered s 2 ring tulle and nylon petticoat from JJs House the end of July. It came in about 2 weeks. Of course i was a 6 year old on Xmas day. I pulled it out....ok, NO TULLE. Wait a minute 3 rings....let me try this thing on. At least 6 inches too short and small in waist( according to THEIR description ). As the tears started to well up in my eyes....maybe I can make this work...put my MERMAID LACE wedding dress over top...wouldn't even come down. Now I'm balling...how am I going to pay for another one. We barely are making it now. I mean a million thoughts racing through my mind. Oh and my fitting was in 6 days....did I mention this is the first week in August and our special day is September 23rd...yep. So I went to their website and took the proper steps to contact customer service, begging for then to help me and even telling them our situation. Finally I get a response. They offered me a percentage of money back to my card once I SHIPPED and PAID for the item to be returned or a percent age of the items cost of a coupon code to use only at their store. What?! Wait a minute here. I sent you me off of a wrong item sent or maybe you just lied and misrepresented your product whichever it was why am I taking the fault for your apparent mistake? So back and forth we went the last I heard after a 2 week convo was 70% of the cost of the item! No! So I was very firm that I was not accepting anything accept a full refund and I was going to make sure to contact the proper business conduct people if this was not resolved. I haven't heard anything from JJ's in over 2 weeks. So I had to cut back on a flower and order a new GOREGOUS petticoat from Cocomelody and luckily found an amazing seamstress who is working sleepless nights to alter my dress and it needs a lot. Less than 3 weeks to go, we took back cans to put gas in the cars this morning( I'm just saying to help with the emotional effect of being lied, cheated and robbed ). I have never experienced suck a greedy, unmoral, cheap, lack of compassion company in my life! A wedding is one of the wonderful, loving, beautiful, sometimes stressful events in your life. How dare you take advantage of us! I have all the proof( emails, ticket #, photos, bank statement...) that I need to back up my review. You can keep hiding my reviews I won't stop until I am fully refunded 54.98 for that low quality, misrepresented, fraudulent product. Oh one thing positive is the always said Thank You....

nalanib
9/3/17

The dress I ordered was received BUT was way too short for a grandmother of the bride to wear! The height measurement I sent was 66.5 inches and the dress was made at 64 inches. It is a knee length dress and I had sent instructions to add 2 inches below the knees. You can imagine how this turned out. I cannot wear the dress in this condition. I have contacted them numerous times via email and through chat sessions. No one has replied and I now have put through a claim with PayPal. Hopefully this will get their attention for a full refund. Not a good way to do business or get referrals by ignoring the customer! BEWARE...they do not stand behind their refund policy.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE...they do not stand behind their refund policy. Measurements for custom dress made incorrectly on their end.
They do not respond to emails!

kaylenes1
9/1/17

On 16 August 2017 I ordered a pair of shoes from JJs House. I paid for Expediated Shipping and expected them within 3-6 days delivered to Australia.
I received an email on 21 August from JJs House telling me the shoes had been shipped! Not what I expected, but still in the 6 day Expediate delivery window. Then problems arose with Toll Priority the company JJs House used to ship my shoes. They would not leave the parcel unless someone was home to sign for it. I was advised by Toll Priority to fill out a form authorising delivery without signature and was told the parcel would be redelivered next day (29 August).Long story short as of today I still have not received my shoes due to the glaring incompetence of Toll Priority. Not JJs House fault... no not really, but I did pay them extra for Expediated Shipping! Not Toll Priority - I paid JJs House. When I emailed JJs customer service department to let them know I thought the Expediated Shipping was a scam the response I received was laughable... I was told it took 7-8 days to tailor?? ... tailor what?? I did not order clothing! Then the emailed closed with 'I suppose it will arrive right soon'. Your customer service representative, Judy Tu, obviously hasn't checked the order number supplied. As a first, and possibly last time customer, I am thoroughly disillusioned with JJs House delivery promises and time constraints. The shoes as it stands are superfluous to my needs now as the event they were purchased for has been and gone, but my anger and disappointment with JJs House and Toll Priority is alive and well.

Tip for consumers: Be careful of their claims of Expediated shipping. You could be waiting weeks.

roser
8/25/17

I absolutely had to share the positive experience my daughter had when ordering from JJsHouse. We ordered a dress for her on August 15th and received it on August 23rd! The dress was for a Sorority event; not for a wedding. We picked a dress that had to be custom fit to her, and it fits PERFECTLY! So happy we found this vendor online because a bridal shop would have been a six week turnaround, and we only had about three weeks. Definitely going to order from them again, but I do recommend that you pay the extra $19.99 for a custom fit.

isabele4
8/25/17

I ordered the "Trumpet/Mermaid V-neck Court Train Tulle Lace Wedding Dress" and what I have received was not what I had expected, so I returned the item without any problem and received my refund within a few business days. Even though the dress was a disappointment I would like to point out, that their customer service is excellent. They always got back with me and processed the refund quickly.
In addition, I have ordered shoes and accessories from them which met my expectations. So I would like to highlight that their exceptional customer service and other items made up for the dress.

claireb80
8/20/17

I ordered a pair of high heal sandals and was really disgusted when they came in. The shoes looked NOTHING like the pictures. There were no soles on them. The insoles are pealing up. The lace is stained. The shoe isn't seated correctly. The shoes are not the size I ordered. When I complained to JJsHouse and inquired about a refund I was told I would get store credit, but I would have to pay for return shipping. I don't plan on getting anything from them again. Crappy quality and poor return policy.

reneea24
8/17/17

I ordered off the rack and the size was ridiculous! These are made in China and the sizes are not accurate with the American sizing. I did go by their size chart and was so depressed when I tried to put it on. Returning it was difficult and the refund process is not something I would want anyone to go thru. A lot of threatening and arguing but I finally did get almost the full refund, so I agreed to re-write my review since they returned most of the money. JUST BE CAREFUL.

stacyw37
8/14/17

JJsHouse just sent me an email informing me that they will not be refunding my money until I delete this review!!! THE ENTIRE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF BULLIES THEY ARE DEALING WITH AFTER THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND YOU THIS GARBAGE!!!! Even after you've returned it!!!!

Tip for consumers: They are not going to hold my money hostage without a fight!!! THIS COMPANY IS WRONG ON ALL LEVELS OF BUSINESS AND THE OHIO ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE NEEDS TO STOP THIS ATROCITY EVERYWHERE!!!

katies106
8/13/17

I was extremely dubious about ordering online after hearing some horror stories...however after a year of unsuccessful BM dress shopping I bit the bullett and ordered from JJs house. They arrived today and I'm both extremely relieved and happy the quality is great! Colour and style exactly as advertised.

juditha26
8/12/17

I have given up trying to get a refund for the dress that I ordered. I even went through PayPal complaints, returned the dress to a Manchester depot with proof of posting. They didn't ask me to track return until I had already posted it. Without track return they then said they hadn't received the dress and therefore no money. Strange that all other internet returns only need proof of posting. They will never say no to you just engage in polite emails and will not return the money even for goodwill. Please do not use this company. Three months of emailing and no money £155 lost. I think this is criminal and against trading standards but PayPal didn't help me either. Not a happy customer at all.

Tip for consumers: Cannot give them any stars. They reply very politely but do not return money at all. Scam and ruthless.

beaulav
8/11/17

So I took a risk and ordered stuff worth 400plus,next day I went online to check reviews and panicked.Told myself this was going to be a huge loss for me.To my surprise though customer care were very responsive and I got updates each time.The items I ordered were all perfect fits and exactly what I ordered.My ordered took about 7 working days to get here.Definitely looking forward to ordering more and more stuff and will be referring my friends.

Helpful answer

I ordered a dress on 8th May and it arrived on 19th May.

By Val S. on 3/7/15
Helpful answer

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep] on 8/31/15
Helpful answer

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S. on 1/10/16
Helpful answer

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T. on 4/10/16

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep] on 9/8/15
Helpful answer

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep] on 4/7/15
Helpful answer

These reviews are questionable the same dates and similar wording. Makes me not want to order anything very suspicious...

By Deb C. on 2/11/16
Helpful answer

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep] on 5/16/15
Helpful answer

I guess it would depend on the material and manufactor. The dress I ordered didn't fit. I ordered a size 12, and it was about a US 5/6 or 7.

By Patricia T. on 5/12/16
Helpful answer

I can only say the jacket I bought is nicely finished off. Obviously it's not real satin but I have seen jackets no better than this one at 3 times the price. My delivery charge was reasonable. I can't speak for any other items.

By Valerie C. on 3/9/16
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

121 Photos for JJsHouse