Review of JJsHouse

Central, Hong Kong Island, HK
feedback@jjshouse.com

brendak56
6/25/17

I ordered an empire dress (fitted on top and flows below the waist and stomach). A slip was sewn into the dress and zipped form fitted for a Barbie Doll (MAKES NO SENSE). I asked for a larger size, after a week of e-mails back and forth, this is what happened... I was asked to take a picture of myself to show where it didn't fit. I refused. I was told they wanted me to take it to a local tailor and if they could do anything for me they would pay 15 %. If they couldn't help, they wanted me to pay for a new dress and they would credit 25% for a another dress. I'VE BEEN PUNKED? I have learned a lesson- read reviews first and ALWAYS order from a local/professional company who takes pride in their work. Obviously, JJshouse does NOT!!

catherineg41
6/25/17

I found the JJs website and thought the dresses looked beautiful. I ordered a dress for my son's wedding. I called beforehand to be sure the size I wanted was "True" size. The man assured me that a 16 was a 16. Well, the dress comes and I could not even ZIP it up....it was really like a size 12. My son's wedding !!!!! When I contacted JJs House they said they DO NOT RETURN OR REFUND but I COULD KEEP THE DRESS. How awful. I WOULD NEVER EVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN....customer service...wrong size...advised wrong. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Catherine Grady

maryp201
6/24/17

I was at the understanding that if I was able to return the product with in 7 days there would not be an issue returning. I was getting the dress for a wedding which has come and gone now and the dress doesn't fit I no longer need a dress. I am wanting to return this item! And they said no. I ended up buying a dress from somewhere else which was the same exact size as their dress and it fit me perfectly!!!! Absolutely terrible service. Will never use them again

lorrainef11
6/24/17

Never ever use this company. Their returns policy does not exist and the fit is extremely bad with the zips not even doing up and horrible scratchy lace.

kellip6
6/21/17

I ordered 6 dresses for the girls in my daughter's Quinceañera Court. The dresses were as beautiful as the picture. I am presently looking at their dresses for another event. Will definitely buy from JJs House again.

kayj24
6/21/17

I ordered a made to measure as I am a 14 up top and a size 8 waist. I am absolutely over the moon with my dress, it fits, the material is brilliant quality more than met my expectations, it took about two weeks from order to delivery, Recommend expedited service to UK, planning to order two more gowns for my Orient Express Journey. Thank you so much JJ for a fantastic dress.

rebeccah107
6/21/17

i ordered a dress 2 weeks ago today and it's here! custom fit and it's quite an intricate dress loverly fit! i was really worried about orederig from far away because i live in the U.K. and i dsintno how it would come looking ! can't complain fabulous and it was under 100 pounds aswell soo!!

angelas178
6/18/17

I ordered a beautiful dress, in what I thought was a size that would fit me - it didn't. I had an extremely hard time even fitting it over me in fact.
When I tried to follow the steps to return it, they kept telling me I needed pictures of the issue. -How am I supposed to take a pic of myself attempting to fit into the dress - are you kidding?
They refused to accept my return because I ordered that size so tough crap for me I guess. Thanks JJ house for taking 3, almost 4 days to tell me to go screw myself even though your website absolutely leads you to think that you can return if it, YA know, doesn't fit.
I will never use your site again or recommend anyone order anything from you.
Your "policies" are ludicrous and not customer friendly whatsoever.

nurys
6/18/17

I bougth a Dress and the Dress arrive damage when I contact them for the Refund they ask me for pictures I send the pictures and there answeard was to send it to fix ! I didn't buy a dress to fix it! are there paying for my time. and in the end after 5 email I never receive a final Solution. I will never buy from this company again. the dress that I bought it was full price and I receive d 9O% dress. Cero Cutomer Service

Tip for consumers: DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
please read more reviews Don't waist your money!
my mistake was not reading the reviews before

laural167
6/18/17

DO NOT order from them unless you are absolutely sure that you want your items. READ the fine print. The do NOT offer a return policy!! I was offered a return of 10% of what I paid. Absolutely unacceptable for an online order. Lots of other options out there that do offer returns.

tracyp54
6/18/17

Here I am excited about ordering shoes for my wedding day. I get the shoes I ordered...try them on and did not care for them because the sides of the shoes are weak and thus I wobbled when I walked in them. No way would that work for my wedding day...especially down an aisle with a runner. I contacted for a return but I was too late (past their 7 day return policy) and I wasn`t given a return. In my opinion, if this company cares about their customers...then they would extend their return policy to 30 days because people are busy. I feel that they know that and are counting on that so that they can say "Oh sorry...we are unable to refund you because you contacted us after 7 days." It is a joke of a return policy. So stay away. I would have never ordered from them had I realized this absurd policy. It is sad that they are making money off scamming people this way. Yes that is my strong opinion. What company doesn`t want to make sure their customers are happy? Just beyond ridiculous.

Update: I was offered a full refund but it would cost $22 to ship it to China. I am just going to chalk this experience up as a learning experience to not buy from a Chinese company because you will lose money any way you look at it. JJs House makes it appear as though they have stores in the USA or have warehouses here but that doesn't appear to be the case. It appears that way when you are buying online...it will say JJs House Denver or something. The bottom line is that the shoes they sent me were super wide because the sides are flimsy. I didn't want them. Just except to pay a lot for a return because of shipping to China. I will not be returning them due to shipping costs and I don't know what to do with the shoes other than give them away to Goodwill (never worn) You don't need to lose money on your wedding so just stay away in my opinion.

staceyb65
6/16/17

The dress is fine, quality is okay, not fitted at all as expected and NOT the right color. I had to have blue for this wedding and the dress that was sent was teal green, not even close. I have to say I loved the wrap and the lines of the dress, but wrong color.
I'm fighting with returns now, I wish I'd found these reviews before I ordered.

margarets110
6/15/17

I purchased a size 14 dress. It was too small so I ordered the same dress in size 16. After 5 days of numerous live chats and numerous "we will get back to you in within 24 hours" responses , I received the message that I can receive 10% or 20% back. Do not buy from this company.

stefanieh4
6/14/17

I ordered this cape for 100 dollars and what they sent me looked like something you would pay two dollars for in a bargain bin for Halloween. Their returns process is a joke. It has been a month I have been waiting for a refund. And I started a case with pay-pal and even pay pal cannot help me.

dianned7
6/13/17

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Their "return" policy doesn't actually exist!! It reads like returns are acceptable but when you contact them to ask how to go about returning they say "no" period!!! DO NOT BE DECIEVED!!! I was VERY disappointed.

danaj28
6/11/17

i really need to know when my dress will come. its for prom.so its like really inportant to me. so can someone tell me how long did it take theirs to come. please!

deannab19
6/11/17

I bought a dress from this company. I read the return policy and thought I would be okay to return it. WRONG. They will not let you return a dress. Will NOT ever order from this company again and you should not either.

debbiec112
6/2/17

Wish I could give a zero rating. Bought a dress for my daughter's wedding. The picture was beautiful. When it arrived the seams were not sewn correctly which made it bunch out at the sides. The lace was not connected in places. The jacket that I paid extra for, didn't lay correctly because the snap wasn't in the right place. They wanted me to take it to a tailor and have it fixed. The nerve!!! I paid too much money for a dress that was made horribly!
They told me they would issue me a refund when I sent it back. I paid $33.75 to return it according to their directions using USPS with a tracking number and somehow, it can't get delivered! Do yourself a favor and ignore this website!

I finally received my full refund but had to write this review before they honored my request. I still believe that others should be warned so I will not delete this review.

najn1
6/2/17

I am having a horrible time with this company. Their customer service is terrible! I used their measuring chart to order my dress and when it came it wouldn't even zip up. I sent them pictures as per their request if my modeling the dress and how it doesn't zip up my back and I sent pics of my bra size and their size chart as proof that the size wasn't as indicated. They told me they can only offer a 20% discount on another dress or that I should just take it to a tailor! I spent almost $200 on this dress and they expect me to keep it and eat the money. Or spend more money to try and get it fixed by a tailor!! You can't add fabric to this dress! It has a lace overlay and the back is totally exposed because it won't zip up! I had even referee my friend to get her bridesmaid dresses from here but now I'm going to tell her and all my other friends to steer clear. I'll report them on all the social media sites too. This is unacceptable.

ellyns2
6/1/17

Receiving my dress, I noticed that the lace was poor quality and was pilling. After several emails JJ's House finally agreed to a refund. However, because I had given a poor review on their quality, they would not grant an immediate refund (vs 3-4 weeks when the product was received back to China) unless I removed the poor reviews. They also denied I was a customer when I first attempted to write a review. I just received confirmation of my refund and am now able to share the truth. The quality of the product is poor. If you must return it after their "7-day" policy, be prepared to spend a week in email negotiations and pay a lot of money for postage. Would never recommend this vendor.

shannonc81
6/1/17

Their customer service model is the customer is always wrong. Thy will refuse any request to return or exchange an item. their reason? It's your fault your not satisfied, not ours. Your better off buying from another company that values their customers and their experience.

sarm20
5/31/17

Ordered a communion dress for my daughter, it arrived at the very end of the time estimate, and instead of the dress in the picture that was floor length it was cut off at the knee!
The shoes, which I had deliberately ordered 1.5 sizes up, were no where near a fit, and are obviously completely wrongly sized.
The event is now this weekend, and we have no hope of a resolution from them.
Still waiting to get a reply from them on email...

traceyh38
5/31/17

After reading some reviews I was a bit concerned about the prom dress my daughter ordered. It arrived today 31/05/17 and it is beautiful, exactly what the photo shows, We sent her measurements off and it fits perfectly, just like to say thank you very much JJsHouse

sarahr158
5/30/17

One of my bridesmaids weren't able to order their dress in time but this company went above and beyond to get her dress to me in LESS than a week before my wedding!!!!! I can not thank them enough for getting her dress to us in time! My wedding day was perfect because of this company!

mimic13
5/30/17

Word of Advice: You're better off dealing with your bank and request a chargeback dispute with them. You will more likely get your money back that way.

I bought a dress from JJsHouse. Spent a small fortune. Dresses are more expensive than other well known sites but quality and fitting is extremely poor, and doesn't look like the picture advertised. It looks like a halloween costume!! Very disappointed all together. Worst of all, their return policy is awful... there has been back and forth correspondences emails of me asking for a return and them ignoring my request....wasting my time.... each email is replied after 20 hours. They have now offered a 20% coupon to spend on their website OR 10% refund, and had instructed me to contact my local tailor to resolve the issue.

Also, if all their dresses are custom made then why do they charge more on their 'custom made' on their website. Scam!

If they want to retain their customers and have good reviews they need to change their return tactics. I was going to recommend them to all my friends going to our upcoming event but not anymore. Run the other direction.

395 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the JJsHouse staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/8/15
on 7/9/15
on 4/17/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

107 Photos for JJsHouse