JJ's House

JJ's House has a consumer rating of 3.58 stars from 2,073 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. JJ's House also ranks 2nd among Wedding Dresses sites. The most common issues with JJ's House are around returns, which are more complicated than expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 19.7%

• I initially ordered about 15 dresses as I was able to return for a full refund, as per their return policy.
  • I had a really terrible experience with another company (Davids Bridal) and their dresses.

• I bought a dress from these guys that looked stunning in the pictures.
  • Every time you call the customer service line it actually says no one is available.
How would you rate JJ's House?

“Wonderful Customer Service”

Stephanie C.
4/9/20

I love this site because they have an awesome selection of styles, colors and fabrics. Also, their customer service is great. I have to say it's not as speedy as I'd like due to there's no number to contact someone; only the message feature, but they respond promptly and resolve issues quickly. I got this for my granddaughter so I'm not able to include a photo right now, but the dress was so pretty and fit perfectly in accordance with their measurement charts, etc.

“It's a scam! Don't order here”

Su S.
6/4/20

Avoid JJsHouse, it's a scam! Ordered 2 dressses and had to wait a month to receive my products instead of the 8-10 days mentioned in the email for standard delivery. Also they advertise worry-free return policy within 14 days of receiving the products on their website and emails BUT when trying to return, they refuse to take anything back even the products are still in packages. It's a scam! Customer service stalling and chat not accepting all messages. Don't waste your money here.

Reviews (2,073)

dress (1504) customer service (381) return policy (81) dresses (436) order (1173) refund (511) 2 weeks (45) jj house (47) 24 hours (35) company (444) 7 days (34) 3 weeks (33)
sus26
June 4th, 2020
Dear customer,

Hope you have a nice day. We have known your main complaint and we are sorry to bring you all the inconvenience.

1. For the delivery time. We are sorry for the confusion but your order was sent timely after being completed. Please note nearly each of our product is made to order. Usually it takes 15-18 days to prepare your order and 5-8 days only refers to the shipping time. You can check the information on the product page. Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

2. For the return, we are glad to accept your return. We have reported your problem to our relative customer service department. They will contact you soon. Please remember to check your email.

kristinen30
July 18th, 2020
I have ordered a total if 3 gowns from here for mother of the bride. The first 2 were way too small even though they were my usual sizes. I sent back with enclosed labels and put in tracking numbers that usps gave. They are lost! Usps said they got to China but jjs said they never received them.
I stupidly ordered a 3rd gown in a even larger size and it had a broken zipper. I sent that back too. I am out over $600 and have heard nothing after weeks. Horrible!
JJSHOUSE R. – JJ's House Rep
Thanks for your feedback.

We have double checked your order and the return tracking number. The tracking number showed the packages were delivered to agent but the data did not update on our system. We have asked our related department to check the issue.

Considering your shopping experience, we will process the refund within 24-48 hours.

We apologize again for the trouble and inconvenience caused. Thank you for your time and patience.
sitam2
January 19th, 2020
I order and received a pair of dancing shoes. Took 30 days longer to arrive then they said it would. Shoes are poor quality and do not fit. I attempted several time to following their on line instructions for returning them. What they told me to do does not work - i. E. re-entering a code they send me. NO other way to communicate! No phone number, no live person to talk too, no address given for me to attempt to mail shoes back... Worst customer service EVER
tatianah24
March 17th, 2020
Warning! This company will take your money and ignore your requests with customer service. I have said many times and requested to cancel my order and get my refund through tickets, phone (doesn't work its disconnected, the chat online doesn't help at all etc) Very bad service! Do not order from this company.

They don't response within 24 hrs. It is has been more than 7 days and nothing.
Dear customer.

Due to the novel coronavirus, some makers were not allowed to be back to work and the delivery time was also be affected.

We are sorry for the delayed response. But we never mean to ignore your requirements. Because of the huge amount of consultations, our customer service staffs are trying our best to response to every request. We are sorry for the delayed response. Hope you could kindly understand that we will try our best to solve the problem for you.

To solve your problem, our customer service staff has sent you an email. Please remember to check your email box.

Thank you for your time and effort. Hope we can serve you better in the future.
shannoni11
January 6th, 2020
I was required to at least give them one star. They deserve zero stars. Do not shop here! I cancelled an order within 24 hours online and they only want to refund me 5%! This is a fraudulent company. Every time you call the customer service line it actually says no one is available. Please do not order from this store. We were going to order all the wedding party and bridal dress from this website and thank God we did not. I am reporting them to the BBB and also looking to take legal action. My husband is an attorney so we can do it for free.
dearcyr
May 30th, 2020
I was super skeptical but i went for it! I put in my exact measurements and added an inch and a half to everything just in case it ran small. It needed slight alterations when i received it but i added thise extra inches so that's on me! It was sooooo gorgeous though. My only problem was that it took FOREVER TO GET. Maybe mainly because of covid 19... i dont know but it worried me a bit. Just got married this past Saturday
Dear customer,

Hope you have a nice day!

1. We are sorry your order was delayed because the business in the whole world is affected by COVID-19. We do apologize for it.

2. Thank you for your compliment and we are sorry that the dress does not fit you perfect. We will continually improve our products and service in the future.

Thank you for your time and effort.
soniam142
March 9th, 2020
I bought 3 dresses for 4 events I have coming up this year I place my order in early February. After they confirmed receipt of funds, I tracked my order and noticed that my dresses would miss the first event scheduled for 3/14. I contacted them thru online chat to put a rush on my order. Was told that it would be no problem and that I would be contacted back with in 48hrs. Response never came. Horrible experience, will never purchase from JJ house ever again!
jocelynl45
April 19th, 2020
Buyer beware! My experience with jjhouse was terrible. I bought a custom altered wedding dress for 400$ feb 1st they sent it to Canada through DHL which then DHL did not contact me and they destroyed it. I have not recieved my dress and today is apr 19th or a refund. I waited a month to hear back from after sales team regarding my complaints. They just got back to me today offering 40% absolutely ridiculous. They will take your money and jerk you around. Buy Amazon instead!
dijanad3
February 21st, 2020
Up until recently I never had a bad thing to say about them but they have gone downhill in my books very fast! A friend had ordered a dress in JANUARY that was to be dispatched February 15. No dispatch email came. So we contacted them through email and Facebook. Got one response off them on messenger to say they'll email my friend regarding her dress. It is now February 21st and still no email and now they won't answer our queries! She then posted a negative review here and they contacted her immediately! They said they will refund her if she takes the bad review down! Absolutely disgraceful customer service I'm never recommending JJ's House to anyone ever again!
stephaniec28
April 9th, 2020
Dear customer,

Thank you for shopping with us. It is really our greatest honor to hear that our dresses have caught your attention. Thank you for your compliment. To take care of each problem customers mentioned, we usually deal with the after-sale problems via emails, which are convenient for sending some files, such as pictures showing the problems and return form. In addition, because of the time difference between us, we really do not want to disturb our customers when they are having a rest.

If you have any problem of your order, you could contact us through Live Chat or send a Ticket to us.

We hope that we can have more opportunities to serve again in the future. If you have any needs in the future, please contact us. We were, are and will always be ready to help you.
loria240
August 4th, 2020
I initially had issues with this company and the customer service worked it out perfectly and I am very happy.
JJSHOUSE R. – JJ's House Rep
Thank you for your review.

We are aware of your main complaint and are sorry to bring you any inconvenience.

We checked for you, we have issued the full refund to you, please check the email with the confirmation.

lindae406
January 20th, 2020
We ordered two bridesmaids dresses from jjshouse in Dec 2019. They arrived before the promised time. The quality/color/material what was expected. Even with measurements provided by the site, we were a tad unsure of exact size. We ordered two and one fit beautifully. The communication was timely and responsive. The return process for the dress we didn't keep was seamless and my refund arrived as expected. We will use jjshouse again. Good experience.
jennifero279
March 7th, 2020
I order a dress for my son's wedding, which is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Not only did my dress not get made on time, but they did not bother to contact me that it was delayed. I only found out because it didn't show up by the promised time. I have been fighting with them and they are refusing to give me a refund. This is fraudulent company, do not order through them.
rachelh337
March 12th, 2020
Ordered 2/2 with custom measurements and expected ship date of 3/6. Order status never left payment processed, and emails for expected ship date unanswered. May be due to Covid19, but have no way of knowing with no response to email, so must make alternate plans. Maybe dress is great, maybe not, but 2weeks before prom I have to find a dress and have it altered because there is no way this will arrive in time.
shaunc77
February 11th, 2020
Though it way took longer than expected to arrive it was packaged nicely and actually really well made for the price. Would recommend.
gemmad26
February 20th, 2020
Finally got to speak to an agent. I have been told that my dress is not yet ready and that due to the virus they have suspended deliveries. This is BS as I have recieved other items I have ordered from China. They are telling me that my dress is not ready because of the virus yet I ordered in January. Absolute joke. You do not get any communication from them unless you post a review here. So guys when you read this and ask me to take it down again please note I will continue to post negative reviews daily unless I receive my order BEFORE 7 March
danas272
January 24th, 2020
Bought my wedding dress at JJ's House and love it. Continued to buy all my wedding and wedding party items from here. As part of that, I purchased bridesmaids robes in dark navy with personalized names on the back. Unfortunately, the listing did not say or give an option on personalization color. In my wildest dreams, I did not think they would use black on dark navy. You can't see the wording at all!

This robe is supposed to have a wreath around the name and the word Bridesmaid. With full light, you can barely make out the name, but can't see the wreath or word bridesmaid at all.

Will have to purchase new robes and JJ's House will not work with me to correct this misrepresentation and horrible outcome. I have spent $1000 already through them. The robes were only $23. And they won't do anything to help. Customer service representative didn't answer any questions, but just kept giving the same canned answers and the run around. No live person to speak with either.

Unfortunately, even though I loved the dress, I cannot, in good conscience give a referral or spend anymore money with JJ's House.
annew363
June 4th, 2020
I was very scared to order my dress online but was left with little options in the midst of a pandemic. I was very impressed with JJsHouse. I paid the extra 20 to put in my measurements and they even asked me to send in my arm size to make sure everything fit. The dress showed up on time, delivered by DHL, they sent me notifications and I made sure someone had to sign for it. The dress was exactly what I ordered and I'm very happy.
JJSHOUSE R. – JJ's House Rep
Thank you for your review.

Your satisfaction is utmost important to us and this is absolutely our work power. We also appreciate your honest feedback about your experience. Hope we can serve you again in the future and make you a happier customer.

Thank you again for your support! If you need any further assistance, please contact us.
jennam102
March 31st, 2020
I ordered a bridesmaid dress from JJ's and obviously it's a cheaper website so I wasn't expecting high quality but the dress I got is a DIFFERENT dress than pictured on the site, the title of the dress is specifically "split front" implying a wrap front top as pictured, and it's tightly sewn with the waist hitting in a completely different location. I posted a review on the site stating the same which was removed within a few hours of my posting it. In addition, it cost $35 duties for me to receive the purchase in Canada.
alicey17
Alice Y. – JJ's House Rep
Dear customer,

Thank you for your purchase and taking the time to write a product review. We are terribly sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with our product. We will continually improve our product and service in the future. For the $35 duties we are more than willing to compensate for it. We have sent you an email, your attention and patience will be highly appreciated.

All responses will be used to further improve the quality of our service and products. Please let us know how we may assist you to resolve the issue you have experienced.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for giving us the opportunity to rectify the matter.
lindsayt53
June 9th, 2020
I ordered a custom size dress to avoid have to get alterations for my sister's wedding. I received the dress and it still needs to be altered! However shorten ing the straps is an easy fix but the huge grease stain on the front is my problem. I contacted jj's house and they said they will refund my 40% but will not exchange it because of the custom size. So not only do I have a dress I cannot wear but I have to buy a second dress for the wedding! I would never buy from a company that does not back up their product and customer satisfaction. It was their fault yet I am the one paying for it!
Dear Lindsay,

Hope you have a nice day.

1. We are sorry that the dress does not fit you perfectly. Due to the dress is made to order, that means no one else will be able to wear that item once it's made. So, we would like to offer you 40% item value refund to fix it. Your feeling is totally understandable. We appreciate your understanding that the item is made specifically for you. Please be assured that we will take care of your case.

2. For the grease stain, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. In this case, we would like to accept your return and initiate the rest refund of US$60 process for you. We have sent the return instructions to your email. If you have any problem with your order, you can reply us in the email.

cindyb685
March 11th, 2020
AS you can see from emails they were notified several times about the cancellation before they shipped while payment was still pending but they shipped anyway.
I canceled through there web page within minutes.
Very deceptive company.
Also did not know shipment was from overseas until payment was done.
michellek428
March 1st, 2020
I ordered a dress for my daughter for a family members wedding. After two weeks, the dress was still no show. I attempted to contact several times, but only received automated messages. I had to order a last minute replacement somewhere else. When I still did not have the dress in four weeks time! I again kept trying to contact to recieve a refund for a dress I never laid eyes on. Their response was, "We can give you a coupon." I am very upset and had a horrible experience with this company. Money down the drain!
Dear customer.

We are sorry to bring you the unhappy shopping experience. Please rest assure that we will continually improve our product and service. After checked the problem you mentioned. We have initiated the refund for you and sent you an confirmation email after issued the refund. Please remember to check your email box. If you there is any problem with your order. Please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for your time and effort.
cathyc295
February 17th, 2020
Received today! Very nice dress! I added a belt and it looks beautiful! Would recommend! Thank you JJ house. It was worth the wait!
trishv7
February 24th, 2020
I would love to know what sense there is in refusing to cancel/refund my order prior to shipping it? The site says that I have to wait for them to ship it from China and then return it to get a refund. Wish I would've read this before - MAJOR RED FLAG!
Phone number on website does not work! I am very worried that I will have lost all my money
jamies543
April 29th, 2020
Honestly the company is a joke. I ordered a dress from them, took over a month to be delivered, when I got the dress it was not flattering what so ever. The breast pads were up near my collar bone and it was supposed to be a low cut and loose fitting top. Nothing like the picture nor were the sizes correct! Then they charged me an additional $22 to mail the stupid dress back to them! Complete rip off and will never advise anyone to purchase from them!
Dear customer,

1. For the long delivery time, due to the COVID-19, many makers were not allowed to be back to work and the delivery time was also be greatly affected. We will highly appreciate it if you could understand that.

2. We are sorry that you are not satisfied with our dress, next time we surely will improve it to make our customers happy.

3. For the additional charge, we are sorry that the original shipping cost can not be refunded because it was paid to the delivery company. We checked you return the package via return label, so there will be a deduction of your refund. Hope you could kindly understand that.

We are sorry to bring you the unhappy shopping experience. Please be assured that we will take care of your problem.

We have send our solution to your email, your attention and reply will be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and patience. Looking forward to your reply.

I wear a size 4. I ordered a size 10! The dress still didn't fit. Believe the bad reviews! Now they are offering a 10% return for a stock dress that they say is custom made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. You have been warned

By Traci H.
See more answers (23)

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1. JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2. You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3. After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.