Review of JJsHouse

Tel: +852 8199 0571
feedback@jjshouse.com

allysonp11
2/20/19

Return policy is a scam. You have to send them a picture of yourself in the dress before they will send a refund ticket. Beware - if you say it say the size was not correct they will NOT take the dress back.

danesew
2/20/19

I purchased a hat from JJsHouse. Just a cute hat. It is much too large, following down over my eyebrows, and does not come in another size. I simply want to return the hat. But I continue to get the run-around from this company, offering me a coupon to purchase something else, telling me that it "will may take quite a while" to process my refund. For a hat??!! I have never had so much difficulty returning an item. Do not purchase from this company!

maddig
2/7/19

i was very anxious ordering a dress online, and even more anxious when i read all these terrible reviews. i got my prom dress from jjshouse, custom sized, in a color that they did not have a picture of the dress with, for about $200 + 20 for the custom sizing. it came in about 2 weeks! i read all these terrible comments and flipped out. although i can't necessarily say that their reviews are wrong or untruthful and such, i can say that on their website they have a live chat where you can talk to someone and ask them anything. i tested it out and they respond right away on and are VERY helpful. so communication is not a problem. the dress is beautiful, perfectly made, and a beautiful color. it also looks just like the picture! i would 100% order from them again. i am so pleased. i would reccomend doing custom sizing, just since it's online. i made my bust a little smaller than what it really is so it wouldn't fall down. the only issue i have is that it is too long, but that is my own fault bc not only did i not measure my height very well, but i also didn't realize that they add an extra .5 of an inch for heels. i would do a little shorter than what your "hallow to floor" measurement really is if you are getting a prom/long dress. all in all, i am very VERY impressed. if you already ordered your dress, do not stress over the terrible comments. and if you are considering ordering, do it! it was a great price and i am so pleased with the outcome! also, i was not asked to review this item (as i saw people were asked in youtube videos) or anything like that. i am just a normal teenage customer who's happy with the outcome of buying a dress from jjshouse!

amyg285
2/2/19

This company does not show that these items are being ordered internationally! They have an expedited shipping of 2-4 days and then after you pay they I inform you that it's coming from Hong Kong? It's ridiculous. My payment hadn't even posted yet as I requested cancellation within 1 hr of ordering and they want to give me a 10% off coupon or a 5% refund. Are you serious?? I cancelled within an hour once I realized that I would never get my order in time. What they should of stated clearly on their website but do not. So unacceptable!!! I will new reporting this company.

kated99
1/31/19

First. I am so stupid for not reading the bad reviews. I am so stupid from ordering from this horrible HORRIBLE company. First I ordered 3 dresses. First mistake. To try them on choose one then send back the other two. $416 with a $34 shipping fee totaling $450. Seems simple enough. Nope first they emailed me and said. "You can't order 3 dresses we can't afford it. You can only get shipped one dress at a time." So they said. We will send you one dress if you don't like we will send your second. And so on. But they charged me the total of all 3 dresses and shipping. Then it took 2 weeks to get the first dress. Before ordering I measured perfectly and it didn't even almost fit. Was TINY!!

THEN STARTS THE NIGHTMARE

I emailed them immediately because the color was ugly the dress was heavy and ugly. So at that point I was like just tell me where to return this and I don't want the other two dresses I never got so refund me that today. THey emailed and made me prove it!! They made me email them a personal picture of me in a too small dress. How absolutely insane is that!?

First they will send only ONE email every 24 hours. And the emails just go into this loop of endless tickets. And when they do email they keep asking what do I mean? They have no memory of the other two dresses they charged me for. I have emailed me 7 days in a row explaining. I got one dress. I want to return. You have charged me for 2 other dresses I never received. Where can I return this dress and return my money today. And they wrote back. Go to your tickets page to return. I send the screen shots of my order of my previous conversations.

THERE IS NO TICKET PAGE.

I ended up giving up and calling my bank and told them that this was fraud. Just stay. Far far away.

sharonj157
1/26/19

I have encountered similar responses to others I have now read here. I wish I would have read before ordering from JJ's house. I am trying to return a dress and am caught up in a big circle of emails. I have asked several times for a return ticket to send the dress back and I just keep getting automated responses. Very fraudulent compared to their stated policies on the website. I now have several different "tickets" circulating.

francesf42
1/25/19

I admit when I first looked at the website I loved the look of everything. But I soon found out it was the biggest mistake ever ordering from there. I found a pair of shoes and they were meant to be for me for my wedding. The price didn't seem to bad but the shipping cost was extreme. And in no way doable. You have 2 options for shipping first one standard delivery 6-8 days to all major destinations! £15! Then you had the expedited shipping at £17 which take 3-6 days. I had a dress fitting within 2 weeks of my order of the shoes. I paid £17 for the expedited shipping, so after 5 days I checked my order status to find it saying still processing so I begun to panic. Sent them a message asking what's happening with my order. While we were messaging they put my order on hold! The. Told me I wouldn't receive my order for at least 3 weeks! I'm disgusted with the customer service and the company. They kept telling to use my shoes for my next occasion! I told them I can't do that as they are meant for my WEDDING day so they won't have any use after! So I after I asked how much longer would my order take as they had put it on pause they proceeded to tell me that they had no stock! So it would now take even longer. So in the end I said to cancel my order and I wanted a full refund for all the stress and time wasted as now I had to go shoe hunting again in time for my wedding dress fitting! At first they tried to argue and were being very avaisive. I proceeded to say I would be seeking advice elsewhere. After trying to give me silly discounts like 5% coupon which I said back that I had no need for because I'm never ordering from JJs house again! I got a full refund back after a week long of messages back and forth.
My main point was to them that their shipping is extremely misleading as they told me most of their products take around 3 weeks to be delivered! So why they have the 2 delivery options of 3-6 days @ £17 and 6-8 days @£15 I don't know. I have told them they are giving false information and it's very misleading unfortunately they didn't seem to care. Avoid this company!

wendyl155
1/24/19

I never write reviews. However, I have never had a company actually steal money from me before. I ordered a pair of shoes for my wedding over a month ago. I never received them. Tried to get in touch through email. This was a very difficult process, as they do not reply directly to you. You have to log back on to their website to see a response. I was directed to a china shipping company that did not pull up my order. Tried again to get in touch through the chat option. Again directed to the same shipping company with no record of my order. The customer service rep did nothing to find my order! When I told them to refund me as I have not received these shoes and my wedding now passed. I was ignored. No response at all.

minnah3
1/23/19

I have been trying to resolve an issue on an order I placed with yourselves over 2 weeks ago.
Order ref 5773539273
After receiving the garment, I noticed it does not fit. I contacted your live chat and spoke to Mona who logged a ticket for me. She told me that someone will reply to me within 24 hours. I received an email from Michelle1Bautista, telling me about returns process, not about replacement. I have since then chatted to Henrielyn, who asked me to check the measurements of the garment in question against your product description. She asked me to email the information over to her. I did this on 17th Januar 2019 at 12.02pm Uk time. The garment is 2inches smaller than what is on your product description for size 18. As I did not receive any response from her, I started another online chat and it was Mona again. All I get told is to wait 24 hours. Now I am chatting with Iris Mae, who is telling me the same thing. I managed to point out that no one has told or confirmed to me that your error has been rectified and that a replacement product is being made free of charge.
I pointed out to all 3 that my wedding is in 2 weeks time and a new wrap is required by end of January latest.
Needless to say, I am very unsatisfied with Jjs House and the way my enquiry has been handeled.
Please let me know asap as to what action will be taken as well as compensation for the stress and time spent

ellenr85
1/10/19

I'm very happy because the dress and the handbag I've bought from JJ'house where just beautiful! And my look on my daughter's wedding was exactly the way I'd dreamed about.

beccv
1/3/19

My sister got married in November. In July she ordered a swatch to confirm color from JJ's. We settled on steel blue for bridesmaids. I ordered my dress and it arrived gray. I asked for a return and they kept saying no returns. I told them they gave me a color that did not match what steel blue was in the swatch. Instead of fixing the issue, they offered me 10% off on my next purchase. I emailed them about 15 times back and forth, and the best thing they offered me was a credit for another purchase from their store. I told them I no longer wanted a dress from them because with shipping and their poor service and follow-through that I probably wouldn't get the right dress in time for the wedding. I ended up paying shipping on my own to send the dress back to them and my credit card company investigated the issue and found fault in what they delivered and got me my money back. This company is a crooked company and has exceptionally awful customer service.

cherylm348
12/31/18

I had a terrific experience with JJsHouse. I special ordered at MOB dress. I sent my measurements in after a couple of days a representative called me asking to verify my numbers --after review she suggested I alter my numbers. I took her advice. The dress arrived within 3 weeks however, I should have stayed with "my" measurements-it was very big...so, took to my tailor and was told "this is a beautiful dress, material and workmanship"! Dress was fixed, looked stunning and I was very happy. When I wrote my reveiw, I received an email offering me $30.00 towards another purchase...I didn't ask for that this they wrote back after my response online.
I think that's reputable response. I do not need a response to this, I just wanted to let you know that there are lots of satisfied customers of JJsHouse.
I also heard that lots of "wedding house" suppliers like to give poor reviews so that people will not buy direct -- even though it's their dresses they sell with their names.

Tip for consumers: If you custom order and follow the instructions to the "T" -- if they call you say NO please use my measurements. :)

elenac57
11/17/18

Great dresses and great quality.Beautiful dress .. and the excellent price .. I recommend that you send exact measurements so that you do not have any problems.

kylieg9
10/30/18

Appalling service! I have emailed so many times and just keep getting the run around. I am going to report this company for fraudulent customer service.

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear Kylie G,
We are sorry you didn't receive our emails. We have told our staff to check the ticket system but nothing is wrong, and we have replied you every time. We have received your returned parcel and issued you full refund. If you don't receive it, please contact us. We are always at your service
Thanks for your time.
maggiei5
10/29/18
• Updated review

I did eventually get a refund after a couple of weeks of effort and 17 emails conversations later, including having to threaten to expose their unethical practices. They started really responding to me after I posted my negative review on Sitejabber. I want to encourage JJsHouse to consider changing their return procedures, which are time intensive and represent terrible customer service. Their stated policy on their web site is..."JJ's House will issue a full refund of the cost of the returned product if you are not satisfied with your item(s). The item must be returned in its original condition within 7 days of its arrival to you (if eligible per the return policy)."

1. I tried on my dress right away, thankfully, as they only give you 7 days to let them know if you are not happy with your purchase. I believe 30 days is customary for most returns. I emailed (as per their directions on their web site) and let them know I needed to return the dress as it was too small.
2. They emailed me back a boilerplate email asking for a photo of the problem.
3. I let them know I was not going to send a photo of me wearing a dress that was too small, to please send directions on how to return.
4. I got another boilerplate email.
5. I then emailed them an threatened to report them for fraud and posted my review on Sitejabber.
6. I quickly got a response with directions on where and how to mail my item, which is a processing center in the U.S.
7. Only after I mailed it did they tell me I had to have my tracking number from the post office, fortunately for me I did.
8. They continuously asked me to remove my bad review from Sitejabber, I said I would consider it once my refund was processed.
9. They indicated the item had not been received.
10. I checked my tracking number and forwarded the receipt confirming information showing that in fact it had been received by their processing center.
11. They then sent me a screen shot of something indicating they had processed my refund. My credit card report showed no such refund for a few more days.
12. I did ultimately get my refund. As well as multiple continued emails asking me to update or remove my negative review on Sitejabber.

There were multiple twists and turns that indicate to me that they JJsHouse was doing everything possible to deny a refund for something I can not use, despite their policy. I hope in the future they will rethink their process. In the mean time, you know how to get a refund if you're highly motivated.

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear customer,

Firstly we are sorry for bothering you. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

We contacted you after receiving the bad review, because we are sincerely want to solve the problem for you. Actually our return policy means "Customer who want to return items should contact our customer service within 7 days after receiving the parcel". We know that our expression is not very accurate. It has caused misunderstanding. So we have changed the way to express the policy.

In fact, we never default on refunds from customers. However, due to bank audits, refunds are sometimes delayed. Hope you can understand.

Again we are sorry for bring you such an unhappy experience. We will improve ourselves and hope we can serve you again in the future.
“BUYER BEWARE”
10/8/18
• Previous review

I ordered a dress from JJsHouse. First, be aware they give you 7 days to request a return after you receive your item. I contacted them after 4. The first step is to email them and "request" a return and give a reason. Pretty simple, the dress does not fit. Now they would like me to "take a picture" of the problem. WHAT?! I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a tactic to drag on a process until the customer gives up. Unless you are totally sure you won't return an item be prepared to lose your money.

I have continued to communicate with JJs - confirmed they received the dress at their processing center. Waiting for my refund as promised in their refund policy posted on their website.

michelem103
10/29/18
• Updated review

After numerous emails back and forth, the company sent me another dress, so I added one star. Thankfully it arrived before the wedding, but it was a stressful situation. It was nice for a flower girl dress ($80), but after wearing it only one time, some of the beads fell off the belt. Just know what you get with this overseas company. I would order well in advance, be prepared to only use the item once and ensure you can file a claim with your credit card or PayPal if necessary.

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear customer,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We didn't receive any email via our ticket system. We would try our best to solve the problem for you once get your email. When you file a claim against PayPal, it means that this case will take a long time to resolve because of the judgment process.

We are sorry you don't like our product. We will improve ourselves. Hope can serve you in the future.
“STAY AWAY -THEY ARE A FRAUD”
12/25/17
• Previous review

Do not order from this site. They claimed they sent me a dress I ordered, but I never received it. I tried to contact them and they sent me a bogus shipping receipt advising it was delivered on 01/01/2001.....16 years ago! Look at the receipt they sent! This is a fraudulent company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

ruthm201
10/26/18

I was so afraid of the bad reviews that two days before my beautiful dress arrived I was panicked thinking it may not fit. It came this evening beautifully wrapped and when I took it out of the bag I was totally surprised and satisfied! I don't have to do a thing to it but press it off.

kellieh31
10/19/18

I ordered some shoes and paid extra for prompt delivery and never received them. They refuse to give me my money back. They just lost a ton of business. They stole my money. Dont buy from this store!

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear customer,

We are sorry to bring you the unhappy experience. Our customer team have done everything they could for you to solve the problem. We checked your order and found that after we offered you the tracking site, you did not reply us but file a chargeback on PayPal. We checked that the parcel was delivered on the website, in this case, we contacted you to ask for the specific problem you encountered and provided you with the return address. You replied us that you did not receive the parcel, we do care about your feeling, we do not dispute the case on Paypal and once the case is over, you will receive your full refund. At the same time, we received a contacting phone number for the parcel from the shipping company, we offered to you to check. We just hope that you can contact your local agent to check the parcel, until the case is over, you still can get the refund.

Thank you for your understanding. Hope you have a nice day.
dianag137
10/18/18

Wonderful flower girl dresses excellent would recomend. the flower girl dresses were as your picture you were very good as the sizes were all varied but you got in touch to make sure all was correct Thank you

krickets1
10/9/18

***Issue Resolved***
I was just going to delete the review but I cannot find the option.
.......................................................

elisel15
9/20/18

Don't fall for this website!!! It's a China company that does not care about the quality of your wedding dress or customer service. I've have been looking everywhere for wedding dress websites and have been doing heavy research to avoid getting scammed from China, since it has happened before. ONLY BUY IF YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW YOU WILL KEEP THE DRESS! OTHERWISE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! All the 5-star reviews seem to be fake reviews from people who were told to give one-line 5-star reviews. Also girls on YouTube admit that JJshouse asks them to write good reviews.
Other websites to avoid: Bycoutourier.com and tbdress.com
I highly recommend Lulus.com for people who are looking for a wedding dress on a budget and that have an easy return policy (in the U.S.)

dk145
9/10/18
• Updated review

So, my wedding dress arrived and it is a perfect fit. They took all of my extra measurements and customization requests in consideration, with the result being exactly what I wanted. I will definitely order more dresses from them; forwarding extra measurements was really really worth it and will become standard procedure for me.

“Good quality and friendly customer service; consider adding extra measurements if deemed needed”
9/10/18
• Previous review

I had been eyeing wedding dresses on jjshouse for a while and finally decided to order a test dress (just an occasion type dress, not a wedding dress) to check out the quality and the service. I ordered a custom size as I am only 157 cm / 5'2'' so a standard size wouldn't be a good fit length- and proportion-wise, because they are made for much taller women than me (having said that, I urge anyone to look carefully at the sizing chart, including the hollow-to-floor values, before they order; I see far too many pictures of women who simply underestimated the factor of height - even though they seem to love their dresses either way; I'm just saying, if you want it to look like the picture and not like something you borrowed from your big sister, make sure the length is right). I submitted every measurement that was required in the online form (bust, waist, hips, height and hollow-to-floor).
When the dress came, I was impressed with the quality of the fabrics and the workmanship. I had read reviews where people had commented that the dresses feel heavy and not like some cheap material, and I got to experience that myself. I could tell that all of my measurements had been used and the dress was true to order, as well as true to advertisement. There was just one little problem: the zipper couldn't really go past the area of the rib cage, right under the breasts (although it would have closed above that area, had it been able to get past it). See, they only require bust, waist, and hips in terms of circumference measurements, but not underbust (right beneath your breasts, where you measure the band of your bra), which means that based on the bust and waist, they estimate a cup size and a rib cage circumference, but that's not a very reliable method without the underbust measurement. They must have estimated a B or C cup, whereas I am a humble A. Either way, this was the only problem with the dress.
I contacted them and explained the problem in a civil and cooperative manner (I mention this as I think it can go a long way), understanding that objectively it was nobody's fault. The dress had been made to measure, to the best of their knowledge. Even though I do think that the underbust measurement should be included in the requirements for a perfect fit, I realize that every wedding dress website or designer house I've seen requests that specific set of measurements and no more.
They responded on the next day and a couple messages (and photos) later, they offered a sizable partial refund, which was promptly initiated and I got the money on my account only few days later. This money is enough to get the back widened just enough (and I live in Switzerland, so services are expensive).
In the meantime I did proceed with the order of my wedding dress, making sure to contact the pre-sales chat, explain the detail with the underbust size and make sure they pass it on (though I naturally also included this information in the special comments field upon ordering). I also wanted to make the dress a little bit shorter than pictured and after placing the order, I had the order processing team contact me to inform me they were holding the order for a bit to check with the dressmakers whether the dress can be made according to my requests. A day later they confirmed the order. I am mentioning this as it showed me that they aren't just blindly promising whatever a customer requests, but instead make sure it's executable. It shows integrity in my book.
Now I'm waiting for my wedding dress to arrive, and will comment again. Sure enough, stakes are high this time around. I really want to make this whole thing work as I am in love with many of their designs and plan on ordering more dresses in the future, provided I experience a proper fit.
P.S. Forgot to mention: I needed to pay customs fees/taxes when the parcel got to the border which made the dress a bit more expensive. Shipment was with DHL, I had selected the express service (and generally DHL don't guarantee that all taxes and customs fees will be covered in the case of the express service, I know this from experience with ordering stuff from the States). Just something to keep in mind.

lyndat33
9/8/18

Dress was just as beautiful as the pictures on-line!! Fit perfectly, perfect color. I also purchased a tie for my husband to match my dress that also was the perfect color

amandab378
9/2/18
• Updated review

JJ's house have repeatedly asked me to remove my review and have told me they they have refunded my money in full over 15 days ago. The money has still not shown in my bank account even though they sent through a transaction receipt' which I took to the bank and they were not able to trace. Buyer BEWARE! Not only did I have to find another dress at short notice, but I am out nearly $600 that I clearly am never going to get back. Please do not buy from
JJ's House!

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear Amanda,

We have not received your reply, we wonder if you have received the refund now? According to the response to our financial department, you should have received the refund. If you still do not receive it, please let us know and provide us your refund card information after 16th of Aug. We will use it to check further for you.

Looking forward to your reply.
“Absolutely disgusting DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!”
8/17/18
• Previous review

I purchased a wedding dress and numerous other items from here for our wedding. I was reassured multiple times that they would be posted by 13/8/18 to arrive by 16/8/18. However that did not happen. I was then told the items would arrive after my wedding. I was offered a 15% discount on my wedding dress that would arrive AFTER my wedding. WHAT GOOD IS A WEDDING DRESS AFTER YOUR WEDDING? Please save your money and yourself from the trouble and do not buy from here. They then contacted me and told me that they would refund my money if I removed my reviews. They still haven't refunded me my money in full. Please save yourself the stress and do not buy from here. I now need to somehow find an alternative wedding dress in 2 days.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE IS THE BEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU

robins338
8/30/18

I was having trouble finding a nice, white pair of wedge platforms for my wedding. After weeks of searching, I accidentally found JJs' shoes. I also wanted something that was not for just wearing to a wedding. It only took them about a week to get to me. I wear a true size 7 shoe and bought a 39 based upon their chart. They fit perfectly. The little pearls are great and match my adornments. I can walk easily and if I so desired, I could easily run in these. I love the fact, I can wear these with jeans or a gown.

I wear a size 4. I ordered a size 10! The dress still didn't fit. Believe the bad reviews! Now they are offering a 10% return for a stock dress that they say is custom made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. You have been warned

By Traci H.
Helpful answer -1

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T.

No they don't fully. My dress was to be Ivory with green embroidery and my wedding dress came in clover green with dark green embroidery and SEQUINS added all over for good measure I guess!

By Tammi L.

I ordered a size up and the dress was way too big in the bust (and I'm pretty busty) but pretty tight in the waist. I could not wear it for the event it was ordered for, but their return policy is terrible so I am out the money. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

By Linda F.

I can only say the jacket I bought is nicely finished off. Obviously it's not real satin but I have seen jackets no better than this one at 3 times the price. My delivery charge was reasonable. I can't speak for any other items.

By Valerie C.
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

JJsHouse?