Review of JJsHouse

Central, Hong Kong Island, HK
feedback@jjshouse.com

leshaer
12/14/17

I ordered a dress a while ago. I loved ot that much i have just ordered another one. Cant wait to see how amazing this one is.

forchs
12/12/17

Purchased a range of handbags to gift bridesmaids. The range available on JJ was wide and the products arrived promptly and were packed well. I recommend this site for handbag orders. Also, they responded to my emails within 24hrs

shawnp34
12/10/17

I purchased a dress from JJ's House, the dress was too small, i sent them an e-mail requesting an exchange, they flat out refused. I then asked for a refund and again they refused. they offered a 25% refund which is nothing. I will not recommend that anyone purchase anything from their company. Its a shame that their company is such a ripp off.

corinnes6
12/2/17

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE! You cannot exchange or return. There are more than enough vendors that have this option. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

savonf
11/29/17

biggest mistake I ever made over $500. with of dresses out of 4 dresses 2 wrong size. how do you manage to have 3 correct size and 2 that far off .unless you just do not give a s_ _ t /there correspondence is nonexistent. I have been trying to exchange 2 dresses for over a month,it is good i am not in a hurry I would not have time to report themto consumers affairs for bad business

marjoriee4
11/28/17

I ordered a dress for myself and a pant suit for my mother for my grand daughters wedding. My dress had padding in the chest which made my already big chest look enormous. My mother's bra straps showed and she would've had to wear a strapless. She's 80 yrs old. We both had to get new outfits. When I tried numerous times to get them to take back the outfits I was told 50% refund and I'm responsible for shipping which will be expensive. In other words no return policy. I will never order from here again. Crappy customer service.

haybatm
11/20/17

I had an issue with my order and they helped solving it. I havent received my order yet I hope everything is good.

fionac32
11/18/17

I ordered and paid for a wedding dress in ivory. It is white, white and more white! I have asked several opinions on this and everyone agrees it is white.
I have asked for a refund and got an email back saying the dress is ivory which it isn't. I have asked for a postage label and a refund am now not getting a response!
I am getting married soon so my terminally I'll mum can attend my wedding and now need my money back so I can arrange another dress NOT from this terrible company.

victorian30
11/18/17

This place is so disreputable that they hide behind an invalid contact phone number as well as not providing a valid business address. They do not honor their satisfaction guarantee and insult the customer over unreturnable E:mail, with cheesy 10% refund offers while demanding that you keep their products.
Now, they refuse to acknowledge me, after I demanded a full refund for my order as well as for the C.O.D. shipping charges, for an outfit that I cannot and will not wear.
I've also found out that refunds won't be processed unless published complaints are removed from sites such as this.
My opinions are not for sale, so I doubt that this dishonorable business will ever satisfy this customer so I will continue to advise all shoppers to avoid them, at all cost.
The outfit I ordered was advertised at $115.00 (US) and I was billed $276.00 plus near to $40.00 C.O.D. charges for shipping. If you think this is fair a business practice, you need to give your head a shake before you shop here.
AVOID, AVOID, AVOID, DON'T SAY YOU WERE NOT WARNED!!!!!!!!!

clemenciad1
11/17/17

This company is a rip off company. Stay away. They are not here in USA. They are sending me the boots I ordered from China and after three weeks I tracked the order and they say that they have not sent it yet when they had already sent me an e-mail saying they had already sent it. Don't lose time and money. This is the worst company ever!!!!

praiseb
11/14/17

I have bought dresses from them twice I was not disappointed nice materials and exactly as it looks on picture

darleneq1
11/11/17

I purchased a dress that was nothing like the picture. Quality was not good. The dress was too tight even though I gave my exact measurements. It did not look good on me at all. The return policy was hidden. They insist you pay for return postage which was almost the cost of the dress. It was such a rip off and now I'm stuck with a dress that I'll ever wear.

Tip for consumers: Do not purchase from this company. You may regret it.

hetap
11/11/17

Dress is very made very nice. Good quality of materials. Dress same as in photo. Ready with in weeks even it is custom made and receive with in week. So good seller, highly recommend..

kaysiem
11/6/17

The dress I ordered for my 9-year-old arrived in shambles. It is badly sewn, missing sequins in spots, has a weird notch cut out for no apparent reason, has TWO waistbands. Neither one is near the waist and their customer service is awful.

They suggested I have it tailored for taking to a professional seamstress. However, it is so badly sewn, there isn't even enough material to make it into the a-line dress it was supposed to be. They keep offering refunds ranging from 20 to 30% and it's not good enough. They also keep offering to give me 20 to 35% off of my next purchase. I would be out of my mind to give this company another dime of my money. They have ruined what was going to be an amazing milestone birthday photoshoot for my daughter.

Update: I took that pitiful excuse of a dress to a total of 7 tailors/ seamstresses. Five said there was nothing they could do to fix it based on the way it was cut . One said she would have to cut off all of the material starting where there are indentations on the sides, changing the complete shape of the dress.

The last one I talked to said she would have to remove the bodice and reattach the skirt and remove the sequins where she would sew the seams. It would be labor intensive. Basically, she would have to take the dress apart and completely remake it.

I was offered a full refund if I paid the cost of having it shipped back. I said, "No".

After writing negative reviews on this and writing negative reviews on this and another site I was again contacted by jjshouse and told that they would issue me a full refund and they would cover the cost of shipping the dress back, contingent on me removing the negative reviews.

"By the way, if you are satisfied with our solution please remove the reviews for us. It is within my capacity to issue the refund to you ahead of time with the reviews removed, without the long time waiting for your package to arrive. So please send me the the return receipt after you mail the package to us."

My Integrity isn't for sale.

Even if I did remove my reviews, I honestly would not even trust them to issue a refund upon sending them the return receipt, after mailing the package.

Update:

After about 10 emails back and forth between JJs House and myself that ended with me basically cutting off contact, four days ago I recieved an unsolicited email from JJs House.

It was an apology and they informed me they would be sending me a full refund (cost of dress plus shipping and handling ) and told me to keep the dress.

A full refund was recieved on Monday; 25 days after I contacted them.

amyc195
11/3/17

After reading some of these terrible reviews and how many people have lost money to this company I had to leave my own review and experience. (Even though they asked me not to) They are wonderful when you ask a question about their dresses, in fact they reply by email immediately and even offered a small discount. I ordered 2 dresses and couldn't wait for delivery, was so excited. I was shocked when I opened my parcel to find the most horrendous dresses I've ever seen. They may fit your body in certain places if you send in your measurements but they look awkward (not well made) and the quality is NOTHING like what the pictures show. The material is so cheap and they look nasty. When I emailed them that I wanted a full refund as they were horrid, I got NO REPLY. After the 3rd email they responded with I could either get a credit or part refund. I told them that I wanted a FULL REFUND as the products that I purchased were nothing like what was advertised. I didn't think I would get an answer or a full refund UNTIL I put through a TRANSACTION DISPUTE WITH MY BANK as the product was NOT as advertised. I emailed this to them with a letter requesting a full refund. Funny enough I received an email immediately stating that I could return the products and get a full refund even though it was made to measure. I kept sending emails DAILY and received my full refund within 1 week. The ONLY reason I got my money back was because the BANK DISPUTED the transaction. The dresses look great on their website but don't resemble the product or quality. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME and DISPUTE it with your bank if you are not satisfied and YOU WILL receive a FULL REFUND even if it's made to measure. It is false advertising and they know this, otherwise I would not have received my refund. It upset me greatly to read about so many women who have lost their money to this company. Don't waste anymore time, dispute your transactions immediately. Hope some of you ladies receive your refunds. Also I DO NOT believe for one moment that people have given this company a 5 star rating, more false advertising...

anitaf22
11/3/17

The dress was beautiful. I used the custom sizing for this dress. I was extremely impressed with the dress when I received it. I had accidentally put the incorrect size for one of the measurements. To my surprised, I received a call from one of JJ's house representatives to confirm my measurements. They actually caught the error and called me. I will definitely use this company to order formal growns.

lauraa103
11/3/17

My experince with your comapgny is very good Ofcourse in the near futher I will order more Good service Good products,

barbarar176
11/2/17

I have ordered 4 different color swatches for the dresses we are ordering for my "Favorite Grandson's" wedding. I ordered the Ink Blue and the Jade to choose from for my dress.(I decided on the Ink Blue) I ordered the Chocolate for my daughter's dress, and the Regency (Purple) for my sister's dress. I am very pleased with the color swatches, they are exactly as the color is stated in the ad. The quality of the material is also very good. I can't wait to see the dresses when they arrive. We all love the dresses shown and have told our friends to check out JJs House for their dresses also. Thank you for such a great selection! Barbara

natalied52
11/1/17

Firstly I recieved the dresses within a week!!! And the are made beautifully the quality is of a high standard

aditip3
10/31/17

I am absolutely FURIOUS with this company. Let me tell you something, I am extremely understanding. Having worked in the service industry before, I understand what it's like to be unnecessarily berated by a customer. It sucks. But boy oh boy is this necessary. I have spent $125 on not one, but TWO dresses from this website. That's $125 EACH. This is $250 I don't have because I'm a college student who is so broke that my bank account LAUGHED at me when I had to shell out $250. But let me tell you why I had to buy two dresses in the first place.

I'm in a friend's wedding in November and she recommended we buy our dresses from JJ's house and I happily obliged. I knew being a bridesmaid was going to be a monetary commitment so I saved up for the occasion. When I bought my dress online, I made sure to obsessively check and recheck the sizing chart and measure myself. As my measurements matched up with the size 6 on their size chart, I ordered a size 6. Mind you, I didn't have an extra $20 to shell out on custom sizing because I also had to worry about buying shoes for the wedding and paying for my tuition fees, textbooks, etc. (a necessity, some would say, for a college education). So I bought this dress, confident a size 6 would fit. When I tried on the dress, not only did the size 6 not fit (the sizing chart was completely wrong) but when I emailed them asking to exchange the dress for a size up, not return it, EXCHANGE IT (they wouldn't be losing any money here folks), THEY REFUSED. The email basically said "you should've read our return policy so sucks to suck." So that was the first $125 down the drain. After a few emails back and forth they halfheartedly offered me a 30% discount on my next purchase, which I took because you best believe I wasn't about to go down without a fight.

So I bought the same dress, one size up, and when it came, would you believe it, the dang zipper would get stuck about halfway up the dress. I tried corsets, watched countless youtube.

I guess I should've expected cheap quality but lil ol' me, a naive college student in thousands of dollars + $250 in debt thought that companies were actually reliable and trustworthy these days. GUESS NOT.
So I tried corsets, watched countless youtube video, did every DIY tip and trick in the book until I had exhausted all of my resources, options, and patience. And what did I have to show for it? Not a bridesmaid dress that fit, that's for sure. I tried for a solid week. Finally, when I got the zipper up, I rejoiced (it was short lived) and laughed out loud which was a mistake because apparently dresses from JJ's house aren't built for laughter (or movement for that matter) because would you believe it the teeth on the zipper of dress #2 separated permanently, so much so that I couldn't get the dress off for a solid 15 minutes and then had to struggle to just slide the dress down my fat, now very pissed off, ass. At least it didn't happen while I was walking down the aisle thank God but now I have to spend another $30 on alterations so that I can be my friend's side on her special day.

Moral of the story: save your time and take your money elsewhere because JJs house, much like my ex boyfriend, is so utterly and embarrassingly disappointing. Seriously. If I were the CEO, I'd stop production with my head hung in shame but before I lost everything. Speaking as an economics major, at this rate, you're going to lose your customers, your business because at this point the cost of trying to be a better company outweighs any foreseeable benefits. And any respect you may have earned at all ever, well you can kiss that goodbye too, because you can bet your disappointing ass that I am going to write a scathing review on EVERY review website I can find. A warning to every customer: take your business elsewhere. Do better JJs house.

Sincerely,
Pissed off Polly

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. Not even once. Ever.

Save yourself before it's too late.

kellyc184
10/31/17

All I got from this company is a worse quality product and a worse customer service.... I will never buy from Jjshouse again. They do not accept return as they say in the website. Instead they offer you a coupon to keep a product that you will never be able to use .... headaches, its what they offer to me. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION TO LOSE MONEY, GET A HEADACHE ETC....DO NOT BUY FROM JJSHOUSE....

maryo91
10/30/17

i ordered shoes. although I ordered my correct size they were too small. To return them was so complicated. Firstly the frustration of trying to connect with the company then I had to wait days maybe more than a week for a reply. they only correspond by email. they told me I had to first return the shoes, then they would issue me a voucher, then I could order a bigger size. but if I had done this the postage was going to be so costly I would have ended up paying double for the shoes. I sent back the shoes but I wish I had kept them and given them to a charity shop because as it stands I have neither the shoes nor the money. it was just too expensive to order the right size! shoes cost £25 plus £21 shipping plus £10 return postage. I took the loss of over £50 rather than spend even more money. this is a very bad company to buy from, please do not go there.

Tip for consumers: do not use

kendrab23
10/29/17

Great quality
Very stylish
Lots of compliments on my dress
Attention to detail on tailoring 7.5/10
Few loose threads, hem on tulle uneven, but unnoticeable to guests.

nias12
10/28/17

If I could give this company zero stars I would. My wedding day is in less than a month and Im sadly without a dress. I ordered this dress from jjhouse the beginning of this month and I was super excited when it arrived only to be disappointed and spent the whole night crying! The dress looked so cheap it might as well have been $50. I spent $240 because I paid extra for extra inches on my dress so that it would fall below my feet. I received the dress and it stopped at my ankles. The dress was also too tight around my hips but they said that I could alter that so thats ok. But what Im not ok with is the quality of the dress, it is so cheaply made Ive had dresses that were half this price and better quality than this. The color looked more like a silver than ivory. If you have the money to splurge then you can give this company a try. But Im left without a wedding dress, and without ANY money. They offered to give me only 15% and then 25% back for a refund. I asked if I could please at least receive half of my money and also return the dress so that I could buy another dress. The answer was no, so basically Im out of $240 dollars, no dress, no more money, and a wedding less than a month away. I will NEVER buy from here again.

melissam228
10/27/17

This website was amazing- from the abundance of choices to the tailored size and shipping speed. I will definitely be using them again.

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S.

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T.

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep]

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep]

These reviews are questionable the same dates and similar wording. Makes me not want to order anything very suspicious...

By Deb C.

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R. [JJsHouse Rep]

I guess it would depend on the material and manufactor. The dress I ordered didn't fit. I ordered a size 12, and it was about a US 5/6 or 7.

By Patricia T.

I can only say the jacket I bought is nicely finished off. Obviously it's not real satin but I have seen jackets no better than this one at 3 times the price. My delivery charge was reasonable. I can't speak for any other items.

By Valerie C.
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

122 Photos for JJsHouse