Review of JJsHouse

Tel: +852 8199 0571
feedback@jjshouse.com

christines343
12/5/18

The sizing in terms of body portions are right bang on, but the length is measured from a waistline, not an inseam measurement...this is the floor length black velvet skirt I just received and I'm only 5'7. I've asked for a refund...we will see how it goes. I'll let you know in terms of timing and refund and will change my rating if all goes well. So far they've responded within the hour to tell me they're looking into my problem. (Also, note that you will pay duty...I had to pay an extra $35 on a $99 skirt).

debbied171
11/28/18

Their $20.00 expedited shipping is a fraud!! The 2-4 days ended up being 2 weeks. Was shipped directly from China. When you try to return anything, you only get 50% credit of what you bought! Their shoe sizing chart is a total waste of time. I ended up with shoes 3 sizes too big. You can tell by the wording used in their reply that they are not English language fluent. When I opened the box when I finally did receive my order, it smelled like mold. Unless you want to have a really bad experience, STAY AWAY!!!

elenac57
11/17/18

Great dresses and great quality.Beautiful dress .. and the excellent price .. I recommend that you send exact measurements so that you do not have any problems.

kylieg9
10/30/18

Appalling service! I have emailed so many times and just keep getting the run around. I am going to report this company for fraudulent customer service.

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear Kylie G,
We are sorry you didn't receive our emails. We have told our staff to check the ticket system but nothing is wrong, and we have replied you every time. We have received your returned parcel and issued you full refund. If you don't receive it, please contact us. We are always at your service
Thanks for your time.
maggiei5
10/29/18
• Updated review

I did eventually get a refund after a couple of weeks of effort and 17 emails conversations later, including having to threaten to expose their unethical practices. They started really responding to me after I posted my negative review on Sitejabber. I want to encourage JJsHouse to consider changing their return procedures, which are time intensive and represent terrible customer service. Their stated policy on their web site is..."JJ's House will issue a full refund of the cost of the returned product if you are not satisfied with your item(s). The item must be returned in its original condition within 7 days of its arrival to you (if eligible per the return policy)."

1. I tried on my dress right away, thankfully, as they only give you 7 days to let them know if you are not happy with your purchase. I believe 30 days is customary for most returns. I emailed (as per their directions on their web site) and let them know I needed to return the dress as it was too small.
2. They emailed me back a boilerplate email asking for a photo of the problem.
3. I let them know I was not going to send a photo of me wearing a dress that was too small, to please send directions on how to return.
4. I got another boilerplate email.
5. I then emailed them an threatened to report them for fraud and posted my review on Sitejabber.
6. I quickly got a response with directions on where and how to mail my item, which is a processing center in the U.S.
7. Only after I mailed it did they tell me I had to have my tracking number from the post office, fortunately for me I did.
8. They continuously asked me to remove my bad review from Sitejabber, I said I would consider it once my refund was processed.
9. They indicated the item had not been received.
10. I checked my tracking number and forwarded the receipt confirming information showing that in fact it had been received by their processing center.
11. They then sent me a screen shot of something indicating they had processed my refund. My credit card report showed no such refund for a few more days.
12. I did ultimately get my refund. As well as multiple continued emails asking me to update or remove my negative review on Sitejabber.

There were multiple twists and turns that indicate to me that they JJsHouse was doing everything possible to deny a refund for something I can not use, despite their policy. I hope in the future they will rethink their process. In the mean time, you know how to get a refund if you're highly motivated.

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear customer,

Firstly we are sorry for bothering you. Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

We contacted you after receiving the bad review, because we are sincerely want to solve the problem for you. Actually our return policy means "Customer who want to return items should contact our customer service within 7 days after receiving the parcel". We know that our expression is not very accurate. It has caused misunderstanding. So we have changed the way to express the policy.

In fact, we never default on refunds from customers. However, due to bank audits, refunds are sometimes delayed. Hope you can understand.

Again we are sorry for bring you such an unhappy experience. We will improve ourselves and hope we can serve you again in the future.
“BUYER BEWARE”
10/8/18
• Previous review

I ordered a dress from JJsHouse. First, be aware they give you 7 days to request a return after you receive your item. I contacted them after 4. The first step is to email them and "request" a return and give a reason. Pretty simple, the dress does not fit. Now they would like me to "take a picture" of the problem. WHAT?! I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a tactic to drag on a process until the customer gives up. Unless you are totally sure you won't return an item be prepared to lose your money.

I have continued to communicate with JJs - confirmed they received the dress at their processing center. Waiting for my refund as promised in their refund policy posted on their website.

michelem103
10/29/18
• Updated review

After numerous emails back and forth, the company sent me another dress, so I added one star. Thankfully it arrived before the wedding, but it was a stressful situation. It was nice for a flower girl dress ($80), but after wearing it only one time, some of the beads fell off the belt. Just know what you get with this overseas company. I would order well in advance, be prepared to only use the item once and ensure you can file a claim with your credit card or PayPal if necessary.

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear customer,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We didn't receive any email via our ticket system. We would try our best to solve the problem for you once get your email. When you file a claim against PayPal, it means that this case will take a long time to resolve because of the judgment process.

We are sorry you don't like our product. We will improve ourselves. Hope can serve you in the future.
“STAY AWAY -THEY ARE A FRAUD”
12/25/17
• Previous review

Do not order from this site. They claimed they sent me a dress I ordered, but I never received it. I tried to contact them and they sent me a bogus shipping receipt advising it was delivered on 01/01/2001.....16 years ago! Look at the receipt they sent! This is a fraudulent company. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

ruthm201
10/26/18

I was so afraid of the bad reviews that two days before my beautiful dress arrived I was panicked thinking it may not fit. It came this evening beautifully wrapped and when I took it out of the bag I was totally surprised and satisfied! I don't have to do a thing to it but press it off.

kellieh31
10/19/18

I ordered some shoes and paid extra for prompt delivery and never received them. They refuse to give me my money back. They just lost a ton of business. They stole my money. Dont buy from this store!

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear customer,

We are sorry to bring you the unhappy experience. Our customer team have done everything they could for you to solve the problem. We checked your order and found that after we offered you the tracking site, you did not reply us but file a chargeback on PayPal. We checked that the parcel was delivered on the website, in this case, we contacted you to ask for the specific problem you encountered and provided you with the return address. You replied us that you did not receive the parcel, we do care about your feeling, we do not dispute the case on Paypal and once the case is over, you will receive your full refund. At the same time, we received a contacting phone number for the parcel from the shipping company, we offered to you to check. We just hope that you can contact your local agent to check the parcel, until the case is over, you still can get the refund.

Thank you for your understanding. Hope you have a nice day.
dianag137
10/18/18

Wonderful flower girl dresses excellent would recomend. the flower girl dresses were as your picture you were very good as the sizes were all varied but you got in touch to make sure all was correct Thank you

krickets1
10/9/18

***Issue Resolved***
I was just going to delete the review but I cannot find the option.
.......................................................

elisel15
9/20/18

Don't fall for this website!!! It's a China company that does not care about the quality of your wedding dress or customer service. I've have been looking everywhere for wedding dress websites and have been doing heavy research to avoid getting scammed from China, since it has happened before. ONLY BUY IF YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW YOU WILL KEEP THE DRESS! OTHERWISE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! All the 5-star reviews seem to be fake reviews from people who were told to give one-line 5-star reviews. Also girls on YouTube admit that JJshouse asks them to write good reviews.
Other websites to avoid: Bycoutourier.com and tbdress.com
I highly recommend Lulus.com for people who are looking for a wedding dress on a budget and that have an easy return policy (in the U.S.)

dk145
9/10/18
• Updated review

So, my wedding dress arrived and it is a perfect fit. They took all of my extra measurements and customization requests in consideration, with the result being exactly what I wanted. I will definitely order more dresses from them; forwarding extra measurements was really really worth it and will become standard procedure for me.

“Good quality and friendly customer service; consider adding extra measurements if deemed needed”
9/10/18
• Previous review

I had been eyeing wedding dresses on jjshouse for a while and finally decided to order a test dress (just an occasion type dress, not a wedding dress) to check out the quality and the service. I ordered a custom size as I am only 157 cm / 5'2'' so a standard size wouldn't be a good fit length- and proportion-wise, because they are made for much taller women than me (having said that, I urge anyone to look carefully at the sizing chart, including the hollow-to-floor values, before they order; I see far too many pictures of women who simply underestimated the factor of height - even though they seem to love their dresses either way; I'm just saying, if you want it to look like the picture and not like something you borrowed from your big sister, make sure the length is right). I submitted every measurement that was required in the online form (bust, waist, hips, height and hollow-to-floor).
When the dress came, I was impressed with the quality of the fabrics and the workmanship. I had read reviews where people had commented that the dresses feel heavy and not like some cheap material, and I got to experience that myself. I could tell that all of my measurements had been used and the dress was true to order, as well as true to advertisement. There was just one little problem: the zipper couldn't really go past the area of the rib cage, right under the breasts (although it would have closed above that area, had it been able to get past it). See, they only require bust, waist, and hips in terms of circumference measurements, but not underbust (right beneath your breasts, where you measure the band of your bra), which means that based on the bust and waist, they estimate a cup size and a rib cage circumference, but that's not a very reliable method without the underbust measurement. They must have estimated a B or C cup, whereas I am a humble A. Either way, this was the only problem with the dress.
I contacted them and explained the problem in a civil and cooperative manner (I mention this as I think it can go a long way), understanding that objectively it was nobody's fault. The dress had been made to measure, to the best of their knowledge. Even though I do think that the underbust measurement should be included in the requirements for a perfect fit, I realize that every wedding dress website or designer house I've seen requests that specific set of measurements and no more.
They responded on the next day and a couple messages (and photos) later, they offered a sizable partial refund, which was promptly initiated and I got the money on my account only few days later. This money is enough to get the back widened just enough (and I live in Switzerland, so services are expensive).
In the meantime I did proceed with the order of my wedding dress, making sure to contact the pre-sales chat, explain the detail with the underbust size and make sure they pass it on (though I naturally also included this information in the special comments field upon ordering). I also wanted to make the dress a little bit shorter than pictured and after placing the order, I had the order processing team contact me to inform me they were holding the order for a bit to check with the dressmakers whether the dress can be made according to my requests. A day later they confirmed the order. I am mentioning this as it showed me that they aren't just blindly promising whatever a customer requests, but instead make sure it's executable. It shows integrity in my book.
Now I'm waiting for my wedding dress to arrive, and will comment again. Sure enough, stakes are high this time around. I really want to make this whole thing work as I am in love with many of their designs and plan on ordering more dresses in the future, provided I experience a proper fit.
P.S. Forgot to mention: I needed to pay customs fees/taxes when the parcel got to the border which made the dress a bit more expensive. Shipment was with DHL, I had selected the express service (and generally DHL don't guarantee that all taxes and customs fees will be covered in the case of the express service, I know this from experience with ordering stuff from the States). Just something to keep in mind.

lyndat33
9/8/18

Dress was just as beautiful as the pictures on-line!! Fit perfectly, perfect color. I also purchased a tie for my husband to match my dress that also was the perfect color

amandab378
9/2/18
• Updated review

JJ's house have repeatedly asked me to remove my review and have told me they they have refunded my money in full over 15 days ago. The money has still not shown in my bank account even though they sent through a transaction receipt' which I took to the bank and they were not able to trace. Buyer BEWARE! Not only did I have to find another dress at short notice, but I am out nearly $600 that I clearly am never going to get back. Please do not buy from
JJ's House!

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear Amanda,

We have not received your reply, we wonder if you have received the refund now? According to the response to our financial department, you should have received the refund. If you still do not receive it, please let us know and provide us your refund card information after 16th of Aug. We will use it to check further for you.

Looking forward to your reply.
“Absolutely disgusting DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!”
8/17/18
• Previous review

I purchased a wedding dress and numerous other items from here for our wedding. I was reassured multiple times that they would be posted by 13/8/18 to arrive by 16/8/18. However that did not happen. I was then told the items would arrive after my wedding. I was offered a 15% discount on my wedding dress that would arrive AFTER my wedding. WHAT GOOD IS A WEDDING DRESS AFTER YOUR WEDDING? Please save your money and yourself from the trouble and do not buy from here. They then contacted me and told me that they would refund my money if I removed my reviews. They still haven't refunded me my money in full. Please save yourself the stress and do not buy from here. I now need to somehow find an alternative wedding dress in 2 days.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE IS THE BEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU

robins338
8/30/18

I was having trouble finding a nice, white pair of wedge platforms for my wedding. After weeks of searching, I accidentally found JJs' shoes. I also wanted something that was not for just wearing to a wedding. It only took them about a week to get to me. I wear a true size 7 shoe and bought a 39 based upon their chart. They fit perfectly. The little pearls are great and match my adornments. I can walk easily and if I so desired, I could easily run in these. I love the fact, I can wear these with jeans or a gown.

johnd1831
8/27/18

Purchased a dress online receive the dress about 1015 days later look gorgeous in the picture got it opened it it was made from the worst material I have ever seen $220 for a dress that I cannot wear to my sons wedding at all terrible terrible quality asked for a refund was told I could have a 15% discount and something else I would not ever waste my money I have time to buy anything from this website definitely Don't buy

neelym1
8/23/18

JJs house is an amazing website and it's dresses are of such high quality. I could not be happier with this company and I will most definitely purchase more dresses from here in the future.

pauls908
8/22/18

Item not described. Offered coupon & discount, even said a return will take time to process the refund.

Returned the item, parcel was tracked and delivered a month ago and still chasing the refund.

They keep saying checking with their warehouse for return and refusing to refund. The item has been delivered.

They cannot be trusted

ivanb89
8/20/18

We ordered a gown for my son s wedding from your site, used your size chart chose color ordered size needed, arrived my wife tried on gown would not zipper! Like a terrible mistake 5 inches off ! Not true to size !! We also sent embarrassing pictures to Cathy Shan who works in customer service, she to is offering A 30 percent off of the gown , It DOES NOT FIT! Please send my return authorization so that this nightmare may end .terrible company to do business with ! Linda Buyer ! Please respond

katyaa4
8/20/18

The costumer service through your website was easy, friendly and fast.
The delivery was fast and accurate as per your terms and conditions .
My dress... Is simply beautiful!
Thank you so much!!
I was so scared after reading some of your bad reviews but I am glad I went through with the great feedback instead. <3
My dress is exactly like the photo and fits me perfectly .

niac6
8/9/18

My dress was beautiful and fit perfectly! My daughter's was the cutest dressed I'd even seen!! Although she cannot fit it anymore, i don't have the heart to get rid of it because it is just that pretty. The materials used are superior and i recommend this company! This is an honest review!

adh3
8/5/18

Een prachtige jurk en waanzinnig goed contact met jullie klantenservice jurk was veel mooier als ik verwachtte. Tot in detail afgewerkt. Ze straalde op 13-07-2018.

lindap438
8/5/18

This is my updated review of jjshouse. The only thing I can say positive is that jjshouse did keep their word and finally refund my money. The dresses I ordered were very pretty but completely wrong. Jjshouse, you should be more open and honest with your customers. You should change your refund policy to state NO REFUNDS, because that is the stand you take on all problems. I wish my experience had been a better one because this was my first time ever to order online. This was such a terrible experience that I may never do it again. But thank you! for keeping your word and refunding my money. It only took 8 emails, some ridiculously humiliating photos of myself in dresses that didn't fit, unbelievable frustration, posting a review that did not reflect well on jjshouse, and spending $68 to ship two dresses back to you. I am ONLY giving you a 2 star rating because you did refund my money, not because I enjoyed shopping with you.

fatimao2
8/3/18

This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a dress standard size after looking at their sizing chart, and after chatting with someone online. It was too small. I contacted them within the 7 day window to find out how to send it back. They made me send embarrassing photos of me in this dress that wouldnt zip. Then they try to offer me just 10% of the purchase price and that I could keep the dress. I don't want/need the dress. I wore another one for the event. They then came back offering 20%. This is crazy!!! I will never shop from this company again. I should have looked them up before ordering. So many people have had the same issue. I didn't even send mine back for lazy 20 per cent
Buyer: Beware of this evil monster of a business!!!

micheleb160
7/31/18

I am a mother of five beautiful daughters. On two weddings I have bought my mother of the bride dresses from jjs house. I wanted my dress to be different than most. I have received countless compliments on both dresses. Also the flower girl dresses were so adorable. I myself will continue to buy dresses from this fantastic store. Three down two to go, so I will be back.

I wear a size 4. I ordered a size 10! The dress still didn't fit. Believe the bad reviews! Now they are offering a 10% return for a stock dress that they say is custom made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. You have been warned

By Traci H.
Helpful answer -1

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T.

No they don't fully. My dress was to be Ivory with green embroidery and my wedding dress came in clover green with dark green embroidery and SEQUINS added all over for good measure I guess!

By Tammi L.

I ordered a size up and the dress was way too big in the bust (and I'm pretty busty) but pretty tight in the waist. I could not wear it for the event it was ordered for, but their return policy is terrible so I am out the money. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

By Linda F.

I can only say the jacket I bought is nicely finished off. Obviously it's not real satin but I have seen jackets no better than this one at 3 times the price. My delivery charge was reasonable. I can't speak for any other items.

By Valerie C.
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

JJsHouse?