Review of JJsHouse

Tel: +852 8199 0571
feedback@jjshouse.com

innam12
7/16/19

Where to start? The dress quality is atrocious--the only reason I am even buying from this place is because the bride chose the website. Otherwise I wouldn't buy from them if my life depended on it. The fact that these dresses cost that much for what you are actually getting is pitiful.

The sizing makes no sense at all--all of the bridesmaides in our party had the tops of the dresses be huge so expect alterations. But don't buy a custom dress because you won't be able to return it (makes sense).

The BIGGEST issue I have with the website is the return policy and shipping. WHY AM I PAYING $10-20 PER DRESS for shipping???? But don't worry, if you buy 2 dresses, you have to pay shipping on EACH DRESS even though they come in THE SAME BOX. What an actual scam--are you people serious? But don't worry, you have to pay for the returns as well. And while you have a week to return the dress, it will take them 12-24 hours to get back to your every message because they don't have customer service centers in the US. And if you attempt to message them on the website, the link won't work.

But wait, there's more! If you pay for faster shipping, it will STILL TAKE THEM 2 WEEKS TO SEND YOU THE DRESS! Even though it's standard sizing and not custom. WHAT AM I PAYING FOR THEN????

Point is, if you can avoid this website, please do so. This has been the worst shopping experience of my life and I have spent so much money on back and forth shipping, I could have bought a designer dress by now.

veronicav68
7/16/19

I have been looking for updates for my package and there has not been any and can't get ahold of anyone there no phone number to call for help

melissab447
7/15/19

I was nervous about ordering a dress so I watched a video reviews. This was a dress for my daughters wedding. I found a beautiful dress on their website and decided to give it a try. I ordered early enough that if the dress was not appropriate I could still find one. The dress looked exactly like the picture. The quality of the dress was amazing. It fit perfectly. It also came five days early and the packaging Was also very good. They sent it inside out in a zipped bag. They then placed it in a box in that box was in another box. I feel that way there would be no damage. The only thing I had to do to the dress was have it professionally steam iron. The local dress shop for my daughter's wedding completely filled up every member of the weddin was also very good. They sent it inside out in a zipped bag. They then placed it in a box in that box was in another box. I feel that way there would be no damage. The only thing I had to do to the dress was have it professionally steam ironed. The local dress shop for my daughters wedding ordered all the dresses in the wrong size. 3 Were Way too big and required alterations. One was ridiculously small and they had to put a corset in the back to make it fit and she still popped out of the dress. My daughters dress the loops that they use to go over the buttons to hold it together or stretching out before the wedding even started. I give JJs house my highest review and I thank them For my beautiful dress and wonderful experience. And I might add I got it for days early than they had originally projected

yalenniv
7/15/19

TLDR: items take forever to arrive. They won't give you refunds. They are deceiving liars who ignore your emails and keep your money

I never ever write reviews but I needed to this time because these people are horrible. Oh my god possibly the worst costumer service on the PLANETTTT. I ordered a dress on the 10th of July and paid for expedited shipping which is 2-4 days because I have a wedding to go to on the 21st of this same month. Two days pass and I realize they haven't even sent me a shipping number. I email them, then they come to tell me that they need 9-11 days to make the dress, 2-4 days to ship it, and that it would get here on the 22nd. I had no clue that they made the dresses to order and I feel like they should have something on the main page that says they do so. You know where they put it? Deep as hell in their policy tab. If I had know this I wouldn't have ordered anything. So I asked for them to cancel the order and to give me a refund. I emailed them three times on the matter and they ignored me all three times and Instead they told me that they'd ship it on the 17th and that it would get here on time for the wedding. At this point I didn't want it anymore and just wanted my money back and I told them not to ship it. On the 13th they shipped the dress anyway and then they sent me an email saying it was too late for them to cancel the order because they had already shipped and that i need to keep it. I was furious. Acting like they didn't see all my other emails saying NOT TO SHIP IT. I realized these $#*!s weren't gonna refund me so I called my bank and got my money back. And I'm not signing for the damn dress. And they've done the same exact thing to my mother in law except her dress is getting here later and she ordered hers before me. They've ignored her requests for refunds as well. And I've also discovered that they aren't even based in the UK like they say they are. They're from China. They don't answer your DMs on Instagram and they delete comments and report reviews on websites. These people are scammers. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS WEBSITE. Always read the reviews

florencem61
7/14/19

I ordered a dress which was stolen from the courier. The couriers I prepared to refund me the value of the parcel. All the need is JJ house to get in contact with them and confirm the value of my order. But the couriers informed me that jjhouse has not got in touch with them since 15 June 2019. I have written several emails and every time they give a different reply.
I cannot write nor speak Chinese, so I have little hope of getting a refund. What hurts is the courier is prepared to refund me.

kathrynz16
7/11/19

I ordered a custom lace cocktail dress #81199. The dress arrived on time the color was perfect. I measured my body the way that was described on there site. I couldn't wait to try it on. The torso was short by 2.5 inches Which made the built in bra set just above the breast line. The lining of the dress was sewn in the side seams which made it bunch at the sides at the bottom. I requested it to be 1 inch above my knee. So from the hollow of my neck to the length I wanted was 31.5 inches. When I put the dress on it measured 29 inches. I wrote to JJ's House with all these issues to see how we could resolve them. JJ's House said that it was a custom dress that it couldn't be returned. They wanted to make me feel good so they said they would return 40% of what I paid for the dress. That I then could take it to my tailor to have it altered. I don't know where I would get length out of somethin that could not be let down anywhere. It was a lace bottom only. Just a warning I will have to order a total new dress to wear to my grandsons wedding. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY.

rickc230
7/11/19

We ordered a beautiful looking flower girl dress however it broke out my 5 year old granddaughters skin. It took an act of congress to return and only recovered about 70% of original cost. I will not order from them again. There are much more user friendly websites out there. Beware of smoke and mirrors. They indicate that returns are not a problem but that's not true. Buyer beware!!!!!

lolok3
7/11/19

I bought a dress , handbag, shoes, bolero and folares from jj's house, it was mentioned when I payed the express delivery after 5 -6 days ..my order was 16/06 ..the wedding wich I invited 10/07 ...after payed 350 they sent un email mentioned the day for shipping 29/07-18/08 too late ..I obliged to bought another dress and after several emails they asked me to wait..my order now is useless..and I hope it isn't scam ..every one should be careful and not to trust in this sites

deannew7
7/10/19

I purchased a dress for my mother for my wedding, however when the dress came it was of very, very poor quality. I decided to return the dress back to JJ's House. It's been almost 3 months and I've not had my refund as yet. My mother is a pensioner and feels she has been scammed by this company.

rcp2
7/9/19

I ordered fabric samples on 6/16/19 and via online chat asked if I would receive them soon enough to order a dress and receive the dress by 7/31/19. I was told there would be plenty of time to receive the samples, choose the color, order a dress and have it by 7/31/19. I ordered the samples and even though I paid for expedited shipping - 3 weeks passed with no samples as of 7/9/19. I have repeatedly emailed them asking where the samples are - today I was told they were sent out from China on 6/29/19 and I would receive them in another 20-25 days. Well, 20-25 days from now puts me into August to receive the fabric samples so you know there is no way I'm going to be able to order a dress and receive it by 7/31/19. I ordered a dress from them 5 years ago and it came in 3 weeks, was well made and just as I ordered it. They've lost me as a customer due to their fraudulent claims about shipping and delivery dates.

margaretm430
7/9/19

I wanted an organza coat to wear over my dress at a wedding. I found one on this site, paid the very expensive charge of £17 for expedited delivery within 3-6 days, it is now day 17, the coat has not arrived and the wedding was 2 days ago so I had to go buy an alternative elsewhere. I have sent numerous emails and they send me a link to track my order which is in Chinese so I have no idea how I can track the order without understanding Chinese. I have asked for a refund but they just continually ignore this, tell me to track my order on the Chinese site and have the total cheek to ask me to give feedback on their customer service. I have contacted my card provider and asked them to raise this as a dispute I believe if you have paid by credit card they can revoke the payment otherwise looks like I've been ripped off. Will never use this crooked company ever again.

teresab294
7/9/19

I ordered a couple of dresses from them, I actually wanted to keep. The most expensive one but two of them the slits in the front were so high up the front middle and they land above my underwear so that's not going to work. Sent them an email the night I tried them one which was about a week after receiving the first two, they didn't all come at the same time. I'm in a wheelchair and I needed assistance with getting the dresses tried on so I had to wait until my mom and sis could come help me try them on and make sure they would work with the wheel chair. Not they are telling me no returns of any kind, so now I am am stuck with two unwearable dresses because it took me 2 days past their 7 day return window to get someone to help me try them on because I'm in a WHEELCHAIR. The website says worry free returns, and it does say no returns on custom dresses which makes sense, but now they say all their standard sizing dresses are custom made. Planning to file a complaint with the better business bureau and the Americans With Disabilities folks.

laurac578
7/8/19

I was foolish and didnt look for reviews on this company first. I'm from the US. Bought a dress and it took forever to get to me from China (I was unaware that the dress would be coming from here, otherwise wouldnt have purchased as I've had other issues with garments online from China). Dress didnt fit well AT ALL. I emailed them within 24 hours of receiving the dress to return. They demanded pictures as evidence/proof for lack of fit and how they can "improve their product" which I did not at all feel comfortable taking pictures in this dress. They refused refund without pictures. I have NEVER experienced a company requesting photographic evidence prior to return. That doesnt happen in stores or with reputable companies. Disgusted. Do not order from here. I'm convinced it's a scam and they make I'll fitting dresses to keep your money.

lisab903
7/8/19

I would never recommend this company! I ordered 2 dresses which were both very small. I tried to return them but can only contact the company via email. So I now how 20 plus emails just to return the stupid dresses! Then they did not give me a full refund. I have another email out trying to find out why I didn't get the full refund!! DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!

isabellem28
7/7/19

I ordered a standard wedding dress from JJsHouse but the size was too small. I asked for a reimbursement. They first offered me some discounts but after I reiterated my choice - they proceeded with the refund minus the shipping and exportation fees - which make sens to me. I will order from this site again with any hesitation.

micheleb192
7/6/19

Customer service is terrible. I purchased shoes...took forever to get to me. They were damaged. I asked for refund, was told credit. I paid over $70. They credited me $16.00 and told me I can only use it to purchase items. Oh, and I have to pay for shipping.

justicef3
7/5/19

I review that the power to succeeded is a very brilliant scheme that organized and authorized the function of hardworking to better use

Tip for consumers: Just be ware of the successfulness it will grant you

adgs
7/5/19

Absolutely beautiful! So many compliments from people! Absolutely beautiful! So many compliments from people!

sherris89
7/4/19

Received a smashed hat and I am still fighting with them over a refund. They claim they haven't received the parcel, although I provided them with postal service proof of the parcel being delivered May 21st. to a person at the proper address. They will not take responsibility for their end of the warranty and refuse to acknowledge that they are obligated to give a full refund. It is July and still no refund.
Sherri S.

christinab306
7/3/19

I bought a facinator hat. For the price, I guess it is okay, it is not 100% like the picture as it is smaller and also has some weird bow on it. I also paid Express shipping for it to arrive on time for the event I needed it for, which it arrived 2 days late.
I would say for the price, maybe give a hat a try, just don't pay any extra or expect premium quality/style.

bernadettel28
7/3/19

I spent 4 + hrs trying to purchase 26 Sample Gowns hoping to start a home business for Mother of the Bride. I was given misleading discounts by chat line and incorrect information and my cart emptied completely when I went to check out without my promised discount.

I checked the dresses that were supposedly no longer in stock and they were still available I tried once again and yet again when attempting to check out my cart emptied to zero all check out items lost.

Third time I decided to try 1 dress at a time only 2 clicks to purchase same thing again cart emptied.

Fobbed off that stock moves quickly but ignoring the point that the dresses were still showing as available.

Told a Customer Services Manager would email me to help with a Wholesale set up offered another 5% discount nothing to do with the problem I was having .

I guess what they are trying to do is get you to click on the normal full price stock when you cannot get a sample gown. I was really miffed this is purposely misleading customers and I think it a Scam- there are no £40 Gowns available.

My first experience of JJ House and I am so dissappointed. If thats a reflection of service I would be very cautious ordering from them and they charge £21 per sample dress p&P- Id wanted 26 samples you do the math!! over 50% postage charges per item crazy!!

annonymousp
7/2/19

they do not provide return label. There is noone to communicate with over the phone. All they offer are coupons to the site.

renej24
7/1/19
• Updated review

After finally getting an agreement from JJsHouse for them to give me a refund for the defective item. They have recieved the item back days ago. They are now refusing to return my money until i remove my review with photos as proof from site jabber. Basically blackmailing me and withholding my refund. Totally illegal within Europe.

“Alot of work to do a poor job on the lace.”
6/1/19
• Previous review

The inside of the dress is well made, but they really did a lazy job on the lace, not to mention the poor quality of the lace itself. The fit around the arms on the upper body is pretty bad.

jordang99
6/28/19

Pictures do not look like the website, poor quality, returning is a nightmare, plus shipping fees back to China are outrageous. Customer Service is absolutely awful. I don't know how this company is still in business.

annan123
6/28/19

I have two problems with JJS House - customer service and quality.

Firstly, I need to hold my hands up and admit - I opened the box after the 7 days return period. However, when one of the dresses has a bent boob wire and measures far larger than the 33 inch chest size, I would still expect a company to solve this and not wipe their hands clean. (Sorry - offer me 10% off my next order because of the bad experience.) I supposed I've been spoilt by the other excellent service offered by other internet retailers and just expected the same. Whatever happens PLEASE DO NOT ORDER DRESSES FROM HERE. They previously sent me gold samples instead of blue and I stupidly still bought with them.

I wear a size 4. I ordered a size 10! The dress still didn't fit. Believe the bad reviews! Now they are offering a 10% return for a stock dress that they say is custom made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. You have been warned

By Traci H.
Helpful answer -1

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S.

Can you please tell us your order number so we can check for you? Please send it to service@jjshouse.com. We will help you to solve any issue.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T.

Dont touch this company I got a dress from them in total cost £160 there was a fault with the jacket and they would take it back, there is no hassle free returns. Then when I posted a bad review they said they would give me a refund and sent me a returns form with an address to where to send the dress. I sent this recorded delivery as JJS house requested and when Royal Mail went to deliver it they refused to take it. Avoid like the plague

By Arlene D.

No they don't fully. My dress was to be Ivory with green embroidery and my wedding dress came in clover green with dark green embroidery and SEQUINS added all over for good measure I guess!

By Tammi L.

I ordered a size up and the dress was way too big in the bust (and I'm pretty busty) but pretty tight in the waist. I could not wear it for the event it was ordered for, but their return policy is terrible so I am out the money. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

By Linda F.
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

JJsHouse?