Review of JJsHouse

Tel: +852 8199 0571
feedback@jjshouse.com

dianag137
10/18/18

Wonderful flower girl dresses excellent would recomend. the flower girl dresses were as your picture you were very good as the sizes were all varied but you got in touch to make sure all was correct Thank you

anneh193
10/11/18

false advertising
ordered a SIZE 20 (Aus) RED evening dress, could NOT zip up it was MORE of a SIZE 14, PLUS to my SHOCK after handling the GOWN my hands turned RED from the excess DYE

krickets1
10/9/18

At this point I have left so many reviews and have sent them so many emails that I'm so tired of talking about it.

Long story short, we paid $120 for a dress that was never recieved. The wedding is this month and instead of replacing the dress they've lost they only keep offering us RIDICULOUS discounts. We have been fighting them since August. They have been rude to us, ignored us, deleted our reviews, and blocked us from their social medias.
Just get on facebook and look up their hash tag #jjshouse.

maggiei5
10/8/18

I ordered a dress from JJsHouse. First, be aware they give you 7 days to request a return after you receive your item. I contacted them after 4. The first step is to email them and "request" a return and give a reason. Pretty simple, the dress does not fit. Now they would like me to "take a picture" of the problem. WHAT?! I've never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a tactic to drag on a process until the customer gives up. Unless you are totally sure you won't return an item be prepared to lose your money.

I have continued to communicate with JJs - confirmed they received the dress at their processing center. Waiting for my refund as promised in their refund policy posted on their website.

barbarat208
10/4/18

Yes wedding dresses can be expensive. But its better to not to wear a table cloth. Cheap material. Recieved the dress to big. Hirrible looking.
Spend $340 in the dress $65 for customs and taxes. Now
$130 to fix. Not happy. There's a reason the dresses are cheap...too good to be true.

elisel15
9/20/18

Don't fall for this website!!! It's a China company that does not care about the quality of your wedding dress or customer service. I've have been looking everywhere for wedding dress websites and have been doing heavy research to avoid getting scammed from China, since it has happened before. ONLY BUY IF YOU ABSOLUTELY KNOW YOU WILL KEEP THE DRESS! OTHERWISE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!! All the 5-star reviews seem to be fake reviews from people who were told to give one-line 5-star reviews. Also girls on YouTube admit that JJshouse asks them to write good reviews.
Other websites to avoid: Bycoutourier.com and tbdress.com
I highly recommend Lulus.com for people who are looking for a wedding dress on a budget and that have an easy return policy (in the U.S.)

dk145
9/10/18
• Updated review

So, my wedding dress arrived and it is a perfect fit. They took all of my extra measurements and customization requests in consideration, with the result being exactly what I wanted. I will definitely order more dresses from them; forwarding extra measurements was really really worth it and will become standard procedure for me.

“Good quality and friendly customer service; consider adding extra measurements if deemed needed”
9/10/18
• Previous review

I had been eyeing wedding dresses on jjshouse for a while and finally decided to order a test dress (just an occasion type dress, not a wedding dress) to check out the quality and the service. I ordered a custom size as I am only 157 cm / 5'2'' so a standard size wouldn't be a good fit length- and proportion-wise, because they are made for much taller women than me (having said that, I urge anyone to look carefully at the sizing chart, including the hollow-to-floor values, before they order; I see far too many pictures of women who simply underestimated the factor of height - even though they seem to love their dresses either way; I'm just saying, if you want it to look like the picture and not like something you borrowed from your big sister, make sure the length is right). I submitted every measurement that was required in the online form (bust, waist, hips, height and hollow-to-floor).
When the dress came, I was impressed with the quality of the fabrics and the workmanship. I had read reviews where people had commented that the dresses feel heavy and not like some cheap material, and I got to experience that myself. I could tell that all of my measurements had been used and the dress was true to order, as well as true to advertisement. There was just one little problem: the zipper couldn't really go past the area of the rib cage, right under the breasts (although it would have closed above that area, had it been able to get past it). See, they only require bust, waist, and hips in terms of circumference measurements, but not underbust (right beneath your breasts, where you measure the band of your bra), which means that based on the bust and waist, they estimate a cup size and a rib cage circumference, but that's not a very reliable method without the underbust measurement. They must have estimated a B or C cup, whereas I am a humble A. Either way, this was the only problem with the dress.
I contacted them and explained the problem in a civil and cooperative manner (I mention this as I think it can go a long way), understanding that objectively it was nobody's fault. The dress had been made to measure, to the best of their knowledge. Even though I do think that the underbust measurement should be included in the requirements for a perfect fit, I realize that every wedding dress website or designer house I've seen requests that specific set of measurements and no more.
They responded on the next day and a couple messages (and photos) later, they offered a sizable partial refund, which was promptly initiated and I got the money on my account only few days later. This money is enough to get the back widened just enough (and I live in Switzerland, so services are expensive).
In the meantime I did proceed with the order of my wedding dress, making sure to contact the pre-sales chat, explain the detail with the underbust size and make sure they pass it on (though I naturally also included this information in the special comments field upon ordering). I also wanted to make the dress a little bit shorter than pictured and after placing the order, I had the order processing team contact me to inform me they were holding the order for a bit to check with the dressmakers whether the dress can be made according to my requests. A day later they confirmed the order. I am mentioning this as it showed me that they aren't just blindly promising whatever a customer requests, but instead make sure it's executable. It shows integrity in my book.
Now I'm waiting for my wedding dress to arrive, and will comment again. Sure enough, stakes are high this time around. I really want to make this whole thing work as I am in love with many of their designs and plan on ordering more dresses in the future, provided I experience a proper fit.
P.S. Forgot to mention: I needed to pay customs fees/taxes when the parcel got to the border which made the dress a bit more expensive. Shipment was with DHL, I had selected the express service (and generally DHL don't guarantee that all taxes and customs fees will be covered in the case of the express service, I know this from experience with ordering stuff from the States). Just something to keep in mind.

lyndat33
9/8/18

Dress was just as beautiful as the pictures on-line!! Fit perfectly, perfect color. I also purchased a tie for my husband to match my dress that also was the perfect color

amandab378
9/2/18
• Updated review

JJ's house have repeatedly asked me to remove my review and have told me they they have refunded my money in full over 15 days ago. The money has still not shown in my bank account even though they sent through a transaction receipt' which I took to the bank and they were not able to trace. Buyer BEWARE! Not only did I have to find another dress at short notice, but I am out nearly $600 that I clearly am never going to get back. Please do not buy from
JJ's House!

“Absolutely disgusting DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!”
8/17/18
• Previous review

I purchased a wedding dress and numerous other items from here for our wedding. I was reassured multiple times that they would be posted by 13/8/18 to arrive by 16/8/18. However that did not happen. I was then told the items would arrive after my wedding. I was offered a 15% discount on my wedding dress that would arrive AFTER my wedding. WHAT GOOD IS A WEDDING DRESS AFTER YOUR WEDDING? Please save your money and yourself from the trouble and do not buy from here. They then contacted me and told me that they would refund my money if I removed my reviews. They still haven't refunded me my money in full. Please save yourself the stress and do not buy from here. I now need to somehow find an alternative wedding dress in 2 days.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE IS THE BEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU

Response from JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative
Dear Amanda,

We are really sorry to bring you the unhappy experience. You know you have issued full refund to you, for the opus payment , it will cost about some days to get the refund back to your account. You can take the refund receipt we sent to you to your local bank to check. If you still do not receive the refund, please let us know, we will let our financial department check it for you again.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

Best regards.
robins338
8/30/18

I was having trouble finding a nice, white pair of wedge platforms for my wedding. After weeks of searching, I accidentally found JJs' shoes. I also wanted something that was not for just wearing to a wedding. It only took them about a week to get to me. I wear a true size 7 shoe and bought a 39 based upon their chart. They fit perfectly. The little pearls are great and match my adornments. I can walk easily and if I so desired, I could easily run in these. I love the fact, I can wear these with jeans or a gown.

johnd1831
8/27/18

Purchased a dress online receive the dress about 1015 days later look gorgeous in the picture got it opened it it was made from the worst material I have ever seen $220 for a dress that I cannot wear to my sons wedding at all terrible terrible quality asked for a refund was told I could have a 15% discount and something else I would not ever waste my money I have time to buy anything from this website definitely Don't buy

neelym1
8/23/18

JJs house is an amazing website and it's dresses are of such high quality. I could not be happier with this company and I will most definitely purchase more dresses from here in the future.

pauls908
8/22/18

Item not described. Offered coupon & discount, even said a return will take time to process the refund.

Returned the item, parcel was tracked and delivered a month ago and still chasing the refund.

They keep saying checking with their warehouse for return and refusing to refund. The item has been delivered.

They cannot be trusted

ivanb89
8/20/18

We ordered a gown for my son s wedding from your site, used your size chart chose color ordered size needed, arrived my wife tried on gown would not zipper! Like a terrible mistake 5 inches off ! Not true to size !! We also sent embarrassing pictures to Cathy Shan who works in customer service, she to is offering A 30 percent off of the gown , It DOES NOT FIT! Please send my return authorization so that this nightmare may end .terrible company to do business with ! Linda Buyer ! Please respond

katyaa4
8/20/18

The costumer service through your website was easy, friendly and fast.
The delivery was fast and accurate as per your terms and conditions .
My dress... Is simply beautiful!
Thank you so much!!
I was so scared after reading some of your bad reviews but I am glad I went through with the great feedback instead. <3
My dress is exactly like the photo and fits me perfectly .

niac6
8/9/18

My dress was beautiful and fit perfectly! My daughter's was the cutest dressed I'd even seen!! Although she cannot fit it anymore, i don't have the heart to get rid of it because it is just that pretty. The materials used are superior and i recommend this company! This is an honest review!

adh3
8/5/18

Een prachtige jurk en waanzinnig goed contact met jullie klantenservice jurk was veel mooier als ik verwachtte. Tot in detail afgewerkt. Ze straalde op 13-07-2018.

lindap438
8/5/18

This is my updated review of jjshouse. The only thing I can say positive is that jjshouse did keep their word and finally refund my money. The dresses I ordered were very pretty but completely wrong. Jjshouse, you should be more open and honest with your customers. You should change your refund policy to state NO REFUNDS, because that is the stand you take on all problems. I wish my experience had been a better one because this was my first time ever to order online. This was such a terrible experience that I may never do it again. But thank you! for keeping your word and refunding my money. It only took 8 emails, some ridiculously humiliating photos of myself in dresses that didn't fit, unbelievable frustration, posting a review that did not reflect well on jjshouse, and spending $68 to ship two dresses back to you. I am ONLY giving you a 2 star rating because you did refund my money, not because I enjoyed shopping with you.

fatimao2
8/3/18

This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a dress standard size after looking at their sizing chart, and after chatting with someone online. It was too small. I contacted them within the 7 day window to find out how to send it back. They made me send embarrassing photos of me in this dress that wouldnt zip. Then they try to offer me just 10% of the purchase price and that I could keep the dress. I don't want/need the dress. I wore another one for the event. They then came back offering 20%. This is crazy!!! I will never shop from this company again. I should have looked them up before ordering. So many people have had the same issue. I didn't even send mine back for lazy 20 per cent
Buyer: Beware of this evil monster of a business!!!

micheleb160
7/31/18

I am a mother of five beautiful daughters. On two weddings I have bought my mother of the bride dresses from jjs house. I wanted my dress to be different than most. I have received countless compliments on both dresses. Also the flower girl dresses were so adorable. I myself will continue to buy dresses from this fantastic store. Three down two to go, so I will be back.

christinag112
7/29/18
• Updated review

I am happy to say that the company is working with me and a refund has been promised contingent on the removal of the previous review I posted! Now thats a complete turn around. I am only out the shipping cost to return the package. I can live with that. Isnt that amazing?!

“.025 stars if possible 1 Star is too generous!”
7/27/18
• Previous review

This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a dress standard size after looking at their sizing chart. It was too small. I contacted them within the 7 day window to find out how to send it back. They made me send embarrassing photos of me in this dress that wouldnt zip. Then they try to offer me just 10% of the purchase price and that I could keep the dress. I dont want/need the dress. I wore another one for the event. They then came back offering 20%. This is crazy!!! I will never shop from this company again. I should have looked them up before ordering. So many people have had the same issue. I did speak to a lovely sales rep before ordering who reassured me that they had an easy and fair return policy as long as the tags were in the dress. Buyer: Beware of this evil monster of a business!!!

joannez18
7/29/18

I didn't want to spend $$ to buy a dress for my daughters wedding in Ontario so after alot of looking around and questions that were answered by this company I decided to go with JJS house ...the dresses looked amazing and prices were good .I chose a custom dress where it was extra $$ but loved the design of the dress..... measurements were sent in many times and repeated and now the waiting game ...I also bought a veil and a brides hair comb.....The hair comb was very small I would recommend it for a flower girl and the veil was super thin veil material and it was white not ivory .now the dress was not anything like the dress I ordered...,,,it was so big on top that it would not stay up and my sleeves were three times the size of my arms and the hem was not even ...I emailed them several times getting different responses but in the end they recommended that I find a seam stress locally and I told them that no one around here wanted this job to alter it .so I paid with the custom and taxes and dollar exchange and Canada customs ALOT more than I was told and I cant sell it or use it and the other two items cannot be returned ...DON T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!!! DISAPPOINTED!!!

gracec132
7/25/18

never buy again. I wa waiting about 4 month, but it does't fit, and the color don't look like the picture online, the quality is just soso, very disappointed

julr1
7/19/18

I ordered a dress, it looked very cheap (although it wasn't). Not only the tailoring, but also the colour. When I wanted a refund, I had to argue with them for weeks! That's illegal! Finally they didn't pay me the whole amount.
YOU CANNOT TRUST THIS COMPANY WITH YOUR MONEY!

sherili
7/16/18
• Updated review

I am impresed with the careful handling of my case. Customer service appears to be outstanding and they have authorized a refund as promised. I will be retracting my negative review within a few days, when my refund is issued. I recommend this company to buy from as they do great customer service and they stand by their products. I am very satisfied with the handling of my complaint, so far. As I have been saying for many years, "China is a good place to do business with!" Given the chance, they will handle with good business ethics.

“Great Customer Service, problem solved w/refund”
7/14/18
• Previous review

Very impressed with this custoer service department. Problem solved with refund as promised. Good and trustable to do business with.

I wear a size 4. I ordered a size 10! The dress still didn't fit. Believe the bad reviews! Now they are offering a 10% return for a stock dress that they say is custom made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. You have been warned

By Traci H.
Helpful answer -1

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T.

No they don't fully. My dress was to be Ivory with green embroidery and my wedding dress came in clover green with dark green embroidery and SEQUINS added all over for good measure I guess!

By Tammi L.

I ordered a size up and the dress was way too big in the bust (and I'm pretty busty) but pretty tight in the waist. I could not wear it for the event it was ordered for, but their return policy is terrible so I am out the money. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

By Linda F.

I can only say the jacket I bought is nicely finished off. Obviously it's not real satin but I have seen jackets no better than this one at 3 times the price. My delivery charge was reasonable. I can't speak for any other items.

By Valerie C.
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

JJsHouse?