Review of JJsHouse

Tel: +852 8199 0571
feedback@jjshouse.com

ivanb89
8/20/18

We ordered a gown for my son s wedding from your site, used your size chart chose color ordered size needed, arrived my wife tried on gown would not zipper! Like a terrible mistake 5 inches off ! Not true to size !! We also sent embarrassing pictures to Cathy Shan who works in customer service, she to is offering A 30 percent off of the gown , It DOES NOT FIT! Please send my return authorization so that this nightmare may end .terrible company to do business with ! Linda Buyer ! Please respond

katyaa4
8/20/18

The costumer service though your website was easy a, friendly and fast.
The delivery was fast and accurate as per your terms and conditions .
My dress... Is simply beautiful!
Thank you so much!!
I was so scared after reading some of your bad reviews but i am glad I went through with the great feedback.
My dress is exactly like the photo and fits me perfectly .

yuliyan1
8/20/18

The company does not follow the return policy stated on their website.
The order was received on time, however, the wedding is canceled. I contacted the company within 7 days as it is stated on their website to return my order in "in their original conditions - unworn, unwashed, unaltered, undamaged, clean, free of lint and hair and with tags intact and attached." Neither "product return" form nor their return address is provided. However, the company representative offered Be aware and very careful when you place any order with this company. I would highly recommend to avoid dealing with JJHouse by any means!10% refund for the brand new unpacked unworn items with no other information provided. The situation is ridiculous. Customer service is unprofessional. The return policy stated on the web site and confirmed by they representative via chat is totally misleading.

monicab149
8/20/18

I ordered a pillow ring for my wedding and I couldn't believe they sent me a miniature pillow like for barbies. Also had to pay custom fees $29 on top of what I have already paid with shipping and everything. I am sooo disappointed and all the items look very cheap. Things I could have gotten from the dollar store!!!

flodeanb
8/18/18

This is the most ridiculous company to work for. I ordered two dresses that both cost me over $100 each. The dresses are for a wedding in a few weeks. I tried the dress I bought for myself on and it was small. Contacted the company within the 7 days they require only to be asked to send a picture to verify that the dress doesn't fit. After sending in an embarrassing picture of myself with my bare skin because I couldn't zip up the dress they informed me that they can offer me 10% refund and I could keep the dress and 20% coupon for my next purchase. Even if the dress was free and they were refunding me and paying me an additional cost to keep the dress I wouldn't want it.

10% refund and 20% coupon? Are you serious? What I need is $157 back for this cheaply made dress that is too small. I wanted a gold dress they sent me a yellow dress. What would I do with the coupon? I will never again buy anything from this company.

I am telling you that under no circumstances should you ever buy from this company. You will lose not only your money but you will have to buy another dress from else where for your occasion.

I am so angry because I now have to find about the same money to buy another dress within 2 weeks because I still have the wedding to attend.

I wish there was a way to add negative stars. I would rate this company -5

amandab378
8/17/18

I purchased a wedding dress and numerous other items from here for our wedding. I was reassured multiple times that they would be posted by 13/8/18 to arrive by 16/8/18. However that did not happen. I was then told the items would arrive after my wedding. I was offered a 15% discount on my wedding dress that would arrive AFTER my wedding. WHAT GOOD IS A WEDDING DRESS AFTER YOUR WEDDING? Please save your money and yourself from the trouble and do not buy from here. They then contacted me and told me that they would refund my money if I removed my reviews. They still haven't refunded me my money in full. Please save yourself the stress and do not buy from here. I now need to somehow find an alternative wedding dress in 2 days.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE IS THE BEST TIP I CAN GIVE YOU

dayrisb
8/13/18

This is the one honest review you should read. I ordered a dress for an upcoming wedding. After going to several stores and not finding anything, i searched online and found jjs house. I ordered this dress because it was the exact style that I envisioned . I always read the reviews before I purchase things online, therefore I did my 1-2 hour research on jjs house before deciding. I only saw great reviews about the dress and everything else on the website, so I said, why not. I ordered this dress in a custom size and arrived in about a month. I measured myself 3 times to make sure that the measurements were right and had been professionally measured as well. When the order arrived, I couldn't wait and open it. The dress was TOO BIG. The dress Had NO shape whatsoever, the top looked like a big rectangle with sleeves!. The slit was weirdly cut, starting UNDER MY KNEE, not on my thighs as shown on the picture. The fabric looks cheap and poorly made which really upset me as this wasn't a $20 dress. I reallyy really wanted to like it but the quality and the shape of the dress killed it. Now I am left with a $100+ big dress that I will never use.

niac6
8/9/18

My dress was beautiful and fit perfectly! My daughter's was the cutest dressed I'd even seen!! Although she cannot fit it anymore, i don't have the heart to get rid of it because it is just that pretty. The materials used are superior and i recommend this company! This is an honest review!

sydneyn10
8/9/18

THIS IS A DECEPTIVE COMPANY! I ordered my daughter a long dress to wear as a flower girl. The dress was beautiful but after less than 12 days of having the dress (only tried on once) we decided it would be better for her to have a knee length dress so that she wouldn't trip. I did two online chats with a representative from JJs house and asked about the return policy and said i was about to order a second dress-at no point was I told that it was only 7 days and that i would not be able to return the dress. They did encourage me to place my order for the second dress. I was not told immediately that i would not be able to return the dress and went ahead and ordered a second dress--i received an email the next day rejecting the return.
Despite roughly 10 emails back and forth explaining my situation (they asked for pictures of the dress even though i said there was nothing wrong we just decided to get a short one) the most they could offer me was $13.50 refund. I paid $90 for the dress (including shipping) and slightly less for the second dress. I now have a completely useless child's formal dress and am absolutely furious that the company was highly inflexible even after their own representatives were not fully honest with me.

adh3
8/5/18

Een prachtige jurk en waanzinnig goed contact met jullie klantenservice jurk was veel mooier als ik verwachtte. Tot in detail afgewerkt. Ze straalde op 13-07-2018.

lindap438
8/5/18

This is my updated review of jjshouse. The only thing I can say positive is that jjshouse did keep their word and finally refund my money. The dresses I ordered were very pretty but completely wrong. Jjshouse, you should be more open and honest with your customers. You should change your refund policy to state NO REFUNDS, because that is the stand you take on all problems. I wish my experience had been a better one because this was my first time ever to order online. This was such a terrible experience that I may never do it again. But thank you! for keeping your word and refunding my money. It only took 8 emails, some ridiculously humiliating photos of myself in dresses that didn't fit, unbelievable frustration, posting a review that did not reflect well on jjshouse, and spending $68 to ship two dresses back to you. I am ONLY giving you a 2 star rating because you did refund my money, not because I enjoyed shopping with you.

fatimao2
8/3/18

This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a dress standard size after looking at their sizing chart, and after chatting with someone online. It was too small. I contacted them within the 7 day window to find out how to send it back. They made me send embarrassing photos of me in this dress that wouldnt zip. Then they try to offer me just 10% of the purchase price and that I could keep the dress. I don't want/need the dress. I wore another one for the event. They then came back offering 20%. This is crazy!!! I will never shop from this company again. I should have looked them up before ordering. So many people have had the same issue. I didn't even send mine back for lazy 20 per cent
Buyer: Beware of this evil monster of a business!!!

micheleb160
7/31/18

I am a mother of five beautiful daughters. On two weddings I have bought my mother of the bride dresses from jjs house. I wanted my dress to be different than most. I have received countless compliments on both dresses. Also the flower girl dresses were so adorable. I myself will continue to buy dresses from this fantastic store. Three down two to go, so I will be back.

christinag112
7/29/18
• Updated review

I am happy to say that the company is working with me and a refund has been promised contingent on the removal of the previous review I posted! Now thats a complete turn around. I am only out the shipping cost to return the package. I can live with that. Isnt that amazing?!

“.025 stars if possible 1 Star is too generous!”
7/27/18
• Previous review

This is the most ridiculous company I have ever dealt with. I ordered a dress standard size after looking at their sizing chart. It was too small. I contacted them within the 7 day window to find out how to send it back. They made me send embarrassing photos of me in this dress that wouldnt zip. Then they try to offer me just 10% of the purchase price and that I could keep the dress. I dont want/need the dress. I wore another one for the event. They then came back offering 20%. This is crazy!!! I will never shop from this company again. I should have looked them up before ordering. So many people have had the same issue. I did speak to a lovely sales rep before ordering who reassured me that they had an easy and fair return policy as long as the tags were in the dress. Buyer: Beware of this evil monster of a business!!!

joannez18
7/29/18

I didn't want to spend $$ to buy a dress for my daughters wedding in Ontario so after alot of looking around and questions that were answered by this company I decided to go with JJS house ...the dresses looked amazing and prices were good .I chose a custom dress where it was extra $$ but loved the design of the dress..... measurements were sent in many times and repeated and now the waiting game ...I also bought a veil and a brides hair comb.....The hair comb was very small I would recommend it for a flower girl and the veil was super thin veil material and it was white not ivory .now the dress was not anything like the dress I ordered...,,,it was so big on top that it would not stay up and my sleeves were three times the size of my arms and the hem was not even ...I emailed them several times getting different responses but in the end they recommended that I find a seam stress locally and I told them that no one around here wanted this job to alter it .so I paid with the custom and taxes and dollar exchange and Canada customs ALOT more than I was told and I cant sell it or use it and the other two items cannot be returned ...DON T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY !!!!! DISAPPOINTED!!!

gracec132
7/25/18

never buy again. I wa waiting about 4 month, but it does't fit, and the color don't look like the picture online, the quality is just soso, very disappointed

julr1
7/19/18

I ordered a dress, it looked very cheap (although it wasn't). Not only the tailoring, but also the colour. When I wanted a refund, I had to argue with them for weeks! That's illegal! Finally they didn't pay me the whole amount.
YOU CANNOT TRUST THIS COMPANY WITH YOUR MONEY!

sherili
7/16/18
• Updated review

I am impresed with the careful handling of my case. Customer service appears to be outstanding and they have authorized a refund as promised. I will be retracting my negative review within a few days, when my refund is issued. I recommend this company to buy from as they do great customer service and they stand by their products. I am very satisfied with the handling of my complaint, so far. As I have been saying for many years, "China is a good place to do business with!" Given the chance, they will handle with good business ethics.

“Great Customer Service, problem solved w/refund”
7/14/18
• Previous review

Very impressed with this custoer service department. Problem solved with refund as promised. Good and trustable to do business with.

caric10
7/11/18

I ordered two of the same dresses different sizes.The dresses are beautiful and seem to be good quality. The color was exactly what I expected.
One of my dresses fit ok but I wanted to return the other one.Both were too big in the shoulder & back area and one showed way to much in the front. I filed the return order but they would not return my $105 dress due to size issures. I didn't read the fine print on returns, but I couldn't believe a company has this policy when the dresses are not custom made. You chose from a standard size chart. Its not custom and therefore should have been able to restock any dress because it is a standard size chart.
This is what they said...
We are sorry to hear that you would like to make a return as you mean to try on the items. Personally I can understand that you may be not sure which one will suit you best when shopping online. However, each item on our website is made-to-order and unique as it is not restocked or resold. For this reason, we cannot afford to accept the "buy-many-keep-one" purchase.
Here is what their refund policy says...
Sizing or Fitting Issues:
As all of our dresses are hand-sewn and customized, the finished gown may vary by approximately one inch in either direction of the specified measurements. To ensure that your dress will fit you perfectly, our tailors have reserved additional fabric in the seams to allow minor modifications.

After another complaint I received an e-mail from the complaint department that assured me they would do the best to help me. My resolution was that I would be able to get a full refund. I did have to pay for postage and send dress back to China, but at the price of the dress that was worth it. In the end I was happy with the resolution and thanked them for helping me.

Tip for consumers: Understand the return policy before buying from any company.

jenniferl464
7/8/18

This is my recant of my first review as I did have problems with the return however since then they did refund my money in full. I want to be honest with you the quality of the dresses (including the one I returned) is gorgeous. I actually ordered my wedding dress (see pic below) and my Mother of the Groom dress from them and both fit to a tee and was everything I wanted. The dress in question was made beautifully just did not fit and the material was way too hot for the outdoor wedding. That was the only reason it was returned. The only suggestion I have with this company is be very sure of your sizing and of which dress you are purchasing as they do not like to take returns. Do Not order several dresses and expect them to take them back as they wont. I hope this helps you in your decision with this company

Tip for consumers: Just make sure of the material and double check the size.

sheliars
6/27/18

I had ordered some dresses for my daughter from another dress site. I was trying to find the perfect prom dress. With time winding down I discovered that the dresses I had ordered for my daughter had not shipped and we were only weeks before the prom. As fate would have it I found JJ'S House. My daughter found the perfect dress at a great price but it gets better, I emailed them to request an earlier delivery time. They called me in person to find out exactly what I needed. Not only did they move up the delivery date but got the made to order dress to my home 3 days earlier that I had asked. This is a company that you can trust. They are not just about making money they work to make lasting relationships with satisfied customers. You won't be disappointed.

britb5
6/25/18

Absolutely brutal customer service. Of course, it is not the representative but they have made it ridiculously difficult to return an item that only didn't fit. They try to bargain deals instead of the 'no hassle returns' ... They also stated that my dress was custom order when it was definitely not and therefore tried to offer 30% return of the item as a 'final option'. I would never recommend them. The only reason I would give them a 0.5 star is because the color of the dress was as represented on the site, but that's the only thing that is. I'd recommend spending your money elsewhere, even if it's a bit more expensive.

julies42
6/22/18

I ordered my granddaughter a dress, shoes and slip from JJ's and I will definitely order from them again... My experience with them was completely positive from customer service, satisfaction of my order and shipping. I had originally ordered from another company and after paying excessive shipping was told it would not be here until after the wedding so I came across JJ's and thought what the heck. I called with questions the nice lady walked me through how to measure My Juji. I told her that I'd pay extra with only 10-days left is there anyway I could get it sooner she kindly said I will place the order while you are on line and put special notes for you... I paid by the way $126 and some change total including shipping everything. To my surprise the dress came in plenty of time all the way from Japan I believe. When My Juji tried her dress on I got tears in my eyes this was one of the prettiest dresses I could have imagined the pictures online do not do the dresses justice. Juji is very slim and tall for her age and this dress fit her perfect I cannot say enough about how beautiful it truly was... We got so many compliments on the Beauty and Quality of the dress and I let everyone know that it was made to fit her... EXCELLENT WORKMANSHIP JJ's
I'm a Customer for LIFE

Tip for consumers: Make sure you call and get a rep to help you. You can order just by size but I recommend that you use actual measurements because our US measurements are very different than other countries. You will not be sorry

tanyad43
6/22/18

Everything was perfect. the prices were fantastic. Thank you for the great experience. Very easy to use the website

celiai2
6/20/18

We especially bought the dresses in a normal size so that we would be able to send them back if we didn t like the quality. That is we didn t get them made to measure. The quality was nice but the size was way out so we tried to send them back but were not allowed to. Eventually after lots of emailing back and forth we were able to get a voucher for 30% off our next purchase. This meant getting the first dresses altered for more than the dresses had cost!!
The dress we bought at the reduced rate was bought made to measure and was a bit tight but the quality was very nice.

I wear a size 4. I ordered a size 10! The dress still didn't fit. Believe the bad reviews! Now they are offering a 10% return for a stock dress that they say is custom made. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. You have been warned

By Traci H.

Hi there, this is Veronica from jjshouse.com. Please rest assured that our company is legal and formal. You may refer to the following facts: 1.JJsHouse has been verified by Norton Secured Seal. As one of the leading online retailers, we send our dresses and other products all over the world. 2.You can pay for your order via PayPal and your payment will be safeguarded. 3.After placing your order, you can always check the order status on our site. Once it is shipped, you will get a confirmation email including a tracking number. All of our express companies are reputable around the world such as DHL, UPS and so on. 4.As a legal and formal company, we have our own Facebook. In addition, many customers have purchased from us and left us good reviews. You may also go to "About us" and "Testimonials" for further information. About Us: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=2 Testimonials: http://www.jjshouse.com/about/help.php?page_id=3 Could you please tell us which item you are interested in (need the ID or link)? We are glad to offer you more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, please feel free to contact us by sending emails to service@jjshouse.com if you have any concerns. We are more than happy to serve you.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

I cannot speak for the location as I live in the UK but I was very impressed with my wedding dress - I did pay the extra 20 pounds or so for them to use my exact measurements, however. The dress was stunning.

By Nicola S.

I would suggest you find your garment locate. My reason for suggesting to shop locatebis that you can return or exchange without dealing with a return policy that would cost you money. Before you decide to purchase from this company, look up their reviews and complaints on JJ'S HOUSE. It's better to have a good buying experience as oppose to dealing with a hassle when your event is suppose to be a good experience. Good luck.

By Patricia T.

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

Hi, Laurel. This is Veronica from Jjshouse.com. I am glad to help. Would you please tell me your order number so I can help? You can send me an email to feedback@jjshouse.com. Hope to hear from you:)

By JJSHOUSE R., JJsHouse Representative

No they don't fully. My dress was to be Ivory with green embroidery and my wedding dress came in clover green with dark green embroidery and SEQUINS added all over for good measure I guess!

By Tammi L.

I ordered a size up and the dress was way too big in the bust (and I'm pretty busty) but pretty tight in the waist. I could not wear it for the event it was ordered for, but their return policy is terrible so I am out the money. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

By Linda F.

I can only say the jacket I bought is nicely finished off. Obviously it's not real satin but I have seen jackets no better than this one at 3 times the price. My delivery charge was reasonable. I can't speak for any other items.

By Valerie C.
Questions? Get answers from the JJsHouse staff and other customers.

153 Photos for JJsHouse