Review of iYogi

Tel: 1-877-710-0840
iyogicare@iyogi.com

maddiem10
8/23/17

If I could give this company a negative review I would. I never write reviews for anything but for this company I feel compelled to express how awful they are to warn others to stay far far away.

Two years ago like most people I found Iyogi by accident. I was looking for apple support and thought it was legitimately apple. I quickly realized it wasn't. I canceled the transaction before my money could be taken out of my account. I thought that was the end of it.

For two years I heard nothing from them it was wonderful. However recently they have started incessantly calling me telling me I should update their software. I told them I thought I canceled their services years ago and I do not want them calling me anymore. I told them to put me on their "do not call list". They did not listen they continue to call me repeating how I need to update their software. I mostly ignore their calls.

The other day I accidentally picked up their call and they proceeded to tell me that in order to cancel their services they have to remotely access their software in my computer and delete it. (A year ago I had my whole hard drive wiped for other reasons so I highly doubted their software was still on my computer.) After they delete their software they will not bother me anymore. I am desperate for them to leave me alone so I warily grant them access to my computer. (Stupid mistake. I shouldn't have done that). I watch them like a hawk. A couple minutes into the remote access I stop it because I am getting nervous and I see they are trying to download something onto my computer. When they call me back they tell me they noticed I had some viruses and hacker activity on my computer and they need to continue their work to fix it. They proceed to tell me that that they will show me the hacker activity on my computer. They direct me to a website called geektyper.com This is a hacker simulator website. (it is made to look like a hacker website but it is NOT real it is a game). They told me this is where they were hacking into my computer accessing illegal material. If I do not let them access to my computer to take off this "hacker" then I could be in serious legal trouble and the FBI would be knocking at my door. They proceeded to tell me that because of this they could not take their "software" off my computer and would continue to call me. They offered to connect me to someone who would help take care of the problem and then once it was taken care of they would take off their software. At this point I was calling bull$#*!. I told them I would take care of the "hacker" myself by getting into contact with the genius bar or just some other computer company I trusted. This did not please them. They began to get hostile and started ranting to me about how they were reporting me to the FBI. At this point I had enough and hung up. Twenty minutes later I got another phone call from the same number who said they were from the FBI or some legal person. It was the same man I talked to earlier because I recognized his voice. Again I told them to stop calling and hung up. Five minutes later another call from the same number this time I ignored the call.

After hanging up I spent hours worrying over the fact they had access to my computer. DO NOT let them access to your computer. I ran a malware scan on my computer and it came up clean. There is nothing wrong with my computer. These people are scam artists and I know if I continued to listen to them they would have tried to make me pay for something I did not need. They use scare tactics to get people to pay for things. DO NOT waste your time with them. I wish there was a way to delete my number from their records.

johnc776
7/13/17

Add another person critical of iYogi's services. Very angry at what they have done. To avoid any slander claims can only say I will never use them again and others should take note.

bettyd44
6/28/17

I had no problem with my computer in 2015 when I received a call that said it was from Microsoft. I was told I had a virus and before i knew it I was authorizing someone from IYogi to take over my computer. After being shown online bogus lists of virus on my computer I then lost $200 for a protection contract. Then I had trouble with my computer. After taking it to be de-bugged to a local Tech I was told this was all a hoax. Every day now I receive a telephone call from them even though I have told them do not call me again. At this point it is harassment. I intend to report them to the FDC.

dianea44
6/9/17

I had iyogi for 2 yrs and then cancelled it back in 2014. last night i had a phone call from them saying my info on my computer is outdated. i do not know how they got my new number. i hung up on them but i know they will call back again. they cost way to much money and they didn't want to refund my money back in 2014. they are useless and i would not recommend them. i have bask now for 2 yrs and they do cost money when you are on a fixed income. they to are getting cancelled. i have verizon and they will work on my computer no extra charge.

rong100
6/2/17

I keep receiving calls from iYogi every day saying they will refund my money, but I have to go www.teamviewer.com/en to get my money back. I refused to go to their site and I said to them if you are going to refund my money, just refund my money, you have my address and phone # and just do it, and they hung up the phone on me.

justs15
5/15/17

I purchased $800 worth of service from IYOGI 4 yrs ago. It was suppose to last 5 yrs. I quit using them 1 1/2 yrs ago because of poor service and them shutting down. Well they have called me almost every day and sometimes 2-3 times a day since, at all hours of the day/night. I've asked them nicely to quit calling, I've yelled at them rudely to stop calling, asked to be taken off their call list, I've talked to them in jibber jaber nonsense language, told them they have the wrong number, that I don't have a computer, let them talk to air, told them about Jesus and all liars go to the lake of fire, you name it. It has become a household thing when we see their number come up what our next approach will be and we have become pretty creative. Sometimes we just start telling them about lotions, dr appts and body ailments and give them no chance to speak. They will eventually hang up but they still WILL NOT quit calling back.... Never, never, never have any dealings with these people. Once you do there is no end.....

johna651
4/19/17

I am getting calls from Tech Club daily. They were calling from private The Tech Club also diverting iYogi customers to there business and doing a big scam . I know it is not the iYogi because iYogi is still in business and serving people. I am also getting help from there whenever I need any help.

Do not give the remote of your computer to Tech Club people as they are harassing all of the iYogi customer who do not want to pay to Tech Club.

martins150
4/19/17

Since 20 days i am getting calls from techclub company which is known as global technology. They were telling me that they were from iYogi. i know it is complete a scam call. when i agreed to pay them the $1200 they told there actual name. the company ring master of the scam is Rajat chandani. Some time before i was working on behalf of iYogi on legal matter with Vishal dhar. By the way i am a lawyer. Thinking to put a lawsuit on Vishal dhar to stop this. How they dare to give my details to any scammers ? They have putted syskey password on my computer. I have all the video recording for this. Lets see how much i can recover from Vishal Dhar on this matter.

erics209
3/28/17

After numerous problems with their service including trying to sell me unnecessary software and hardware, I uninstalled their software. Since then I've received an increasing number of phone solicitations from a call center asking for access to my computer. Currently I receive 3-4 calls every day from unknown numbers, no caller ID, numbers missing a digit, and Dummy numbers from all over the United States. No matter how many times I ask them to stop, the calls only increase in frequency. Last week someone from iYogi gave me the email address iyogisupport@iyogi.com with instructions on how to cancel my membership. My email bounced back as undeliverable. Today, their representative asked me to pay them $100 to have my name removed from their systems. He said five of their technicians would be assigned to the task and it would take them less than eight hours. How do we stop this harassment?

raynaln
1/20/17

I have been an original client of IYogi, and still have a contract that goes into 2018, which they refuse to honor. In the beginning they were good technically, even though they tried assiduously to upsell every time. They have since degenerated into a complete scam and now resort to the tactics of computer scammers. MANY STATES HAVE FILED LAWSUITS AGAINST THEM!! Avoid them at all costs. Sad to say they are a disgrace to Indians!!!!! If it were possible to give them LESS than 1 star I would!

paulf119
1/13/17

I have been a customer of Iyogi for a number of years. They always tryed to sell something, however, they used to be VERY good at fixing problems. Something happened and they stopped being reliable. They called again today, but when I said I still had a contract with them, the call ended with a promise of a call back. I dont trust them anylonger.

Tip for consumers: They used to be 5 stars across the board, they changed in August of 2016. I do NOT reccomend.

brucez4
1/12/17

I spoke to an IYogi support person as my files were Encrypted after they accessed my computer. They called me back and I asked if they had the key to Cryptolocker, he would not answer the question but wanted access to the computer.
I continually asked if they had the key as I didn't want him on my computer again. He would not answer the question and hung up.
WARNING
DO NOT LET THEM ACCESS THE COMPUTER AND DON'T USE IYOGI SUPPORT.

richardb283
1/10/17

Used this service for 2 years. Just OK- always wanting to sell more products. Have received at least 3 calls a week for over 2 months advising they are either not compatible with Windows or they are no longer supplying product and must refund money. They wanted to get bank information - no way. I have removed program from computer but they still call and say they must gain access to computer to clean up computer so it operates properly and to increase security. I told them to send me a refund check. They can't /won't do that and will not apply a credit to a credit card. Computer works fine without their program.

kayc69
1/5/17

I had IYogi for 3-4 years, at first you had to stay on the phone and try to understand them, then they took control of your computer, they did a good job, the, everytime you used the serviced they wanted money for something, then I heard they went out of business, I wanted some money back, they called many times each day. Today, I talked with someone named John Carter??? with an Indian accent. Wanted to give me $250 back, when he was putting it into my account, a mistake, put in $3250, then wanted me to go to Walmart to get a moneygram to return it. I told him to just take it back out, couldn't do that. Well I'm not going to send a moneygram, I called the police and my bank. tomorrow I am changing the account number but leaving his $3000 in the old one. Keeping the $250.00. Little $#*!s, just a bunch of thieves and when it started, they were good and did a good job.

pinkl14
1/4/17

they wont stop calling me after I asked to be removed.Their service sucks. I would never trust them with my info or computer runnnnnnn

russellh31
11/18/16

After spending 100 dollars; they did not give us any support even I called them many times and they put me on hold and finally they disconnected my call.

Finally, they called me for renewing the fees for an upcoming year and when I explained their performance of a whole year and then suddenly tech used bad word & told me; from which country I belong from? And he said; oey main janita hoon tujhey!!!!!
I was shocked (I discussed with my other friend who belongs from India and he said that; it is just like street thread).

I was surprised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think this company running by trained marketing street peoples nor educated peoples.

My suggestion for all peoples; Please take care from them, they are calling from different numbers and harras you from different viruses and then they selling their products. (Same thing in Indian movie "Hello") Be careful. Don't rely on beautiful websites and don't waste your money with time.

pb54
11/10/16

IYOGI.COM IS A SCAM -- BECAREFUL THEY HAVE MANY OTHER WEBSITES SET UP FOR TECH SUPPORT SCAMS

USE THE USA BASED GEEK SQUAD OR LOCAL TECH SUPPORT - DON;T USE INDIAN SCAMMERS.....

BTW... I AM MARRIED TO AN INDIAN WOMEN -- NO PREJUDICE HERE

Tip for consumers: site would have zero stars if it was allowed

saraho34
Sarah O.
11/4/16

I contacted iyogi to get my slow PC fast. It was showing pop-ups everytime I tried to work. The tech asked for the remote access to my laptop and then scanned the whole system. He said there are 600 viruses in my laptop and they need to be removed. He asked to buy their $149 plan which offered tech support throughout the year. I found it as a fair deal so bought it. He removed the viruses, upgraded the software. My system was in good condition afterwards. I appreciate the good work!

larryh96
9/29/16

People never use iyogi.com it's a scam, they call you like there is a big emergency with your system. all they want to do is access your computer system and make it looking like they are going to fix your network problems or security network problems? what problems?
they are cause the problems then they tell you it will cost $1500.00 to allow for protection from hackers there the hackers. I had used them in the past for tech support from Quick books what a joke. They accessed my system and that was it. I can no longer use the computer but if I want to give the now $500.00 dollars they will fix the problem they caused. They have locked me out of my computer system.
This is what happen when we see all tech support to other f***k up countries.

wmx
9/29/16

September 29, 2016

This morning at 9:20 a.m. I was speaking with Aviral Gupta of iyogi. Had to screenshot the chat. My computer was running slow, and I asked Avrial Gupta to speed it up. Here are verbatim excerpts:

Aviral Gupta: Now your computer is fully optimize (sic) and working fine.

Me: May I give it a quick ride before you disappear

Aviral Gupta: No.

Me: Could you explain why I am not allowed to try it out while you insure all systems are go?

Aviral Gupta: Yes.

Me: Super. Will you now do so?

Aviral Gupta: No.
Are you happy with my services?

Me: I dont know because I have not tried out my computer.
If it is working with optimum celerity, I am ecstatic.
If not, I am perturbed at your brusqueness.

Aviral Gupta: Okay as you wish.
Is there anything else?

Me: How do I save this chat?

Aviral Gupta It is not possible

Fortunately, they cannot disconnect unless you let them go, so I made him wait while I screen shot the conversation. Typically, the techs try to get a promise from you to give them high review ratings before they let you exit. With few exceptions, they press you to buy more things. I have admonished them in the past. I suspect Im blacklisted (my customer number). Theyll take my money, but are not always there. I once went a month without being able to contact them, and their 800 numbers constantly shift.

Oh, and my computers still slow. Thanks, Aviral Gupta.

Tip for consumers: They're very good with new customers, when trying to get more money.

ronn432
9/16/16

I dealt with iYogi 4 years ...Last year they talked me into buying 5 years of service plus 3 years of their "Tech Genie application. They have received all my money (close to $1000 over the 4 year period)...Then, (after they had my money $539.98 (2015), they changed their available days and times of operation from 24/7 to Mon-thru-Fri, 6AM to 5PM which conflicts with my work times! They cannot contact me and I cannot contact them with these new times; I have asked for a pro-rated refund, however, they don't know me now! Advice: Do NOT buy or have anything to do with iYogi or any of their products and/or services or you will lose your $money and your temper! Please listen to this warning...Thank you, "iYogi taught me a lesson & I have finally learned it well!" NO STAR

jonesh22
9/3/16

Iyogi tried to scam me on the pretense of checking my computer to see if the system was operating correctly. Then the tech started to tell me about my registry being damaged. That escalated to there being 438 viruses on my hard drive. The laundry list of problems went on and on. When I asked the tech what he could do, he told me he only worked on computers and the tech would have to elevate this problem to their security department. Turns out they could help me by installing things and removing stuff - all for the sum of $2,395. I asked for his phone number on the pretense that I wanted to think about it & would call him back. He was not happy and wanted my commitment plus a credit card number to secure the money. I will never call them or do business with them again.

genef15
8/27/16

I was a customer for 8 years- everything was fine untill last August- Started upselling items i had no interest in- Unfortunately i bought into a 5 year plan. They owe me- So much for that Karma crap they used as a core principle for their team. Good Karma would put someone in jail.

suzanned24
8/8/16

After several years of good service, I calked in for a comp clean up.The tech took over my comp and put a false page on the screen telling me that my comp was infected.I knew it was a lie! In the background other employees were cheering him on!.I hung up!!!! Stay clear of Iyogi!

royh65
8/2/16

I was a customer for almost 1 year. They started out great with assisting me with my Macbook Air tech support needs.

However for the last 4 months I have not been able to get tech support to respond.

All the phone numbers listed don't respond.

I paid for a 2 yr subscription. :(((

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I'd say they are probably a scam, since they aggressively pitch their sales to you even to the point of convincing you that what you currently have on your computer (anti virus, etc) is useless. If you want a problem solved, they'll put you in a corner and make you pay for a bundled subscription/tech support fee before they fix your problem.

By Viviana G.

Hi Robbie, we agree with Linnell and recommended the evaluation of multiple service providers. Pay-as-you-go support services and subscription support services each have their own merit, and must be evaluated based on your need and your budget. To verify the authenticity of reviews posted online you can visit review sites that verify whether the reviewer is actually a bon-a-fide customer of any service or company. Websites which we know of that verify the authenticity of the reviewer are www.consumeraffairs.com, www.sitejabber.com, www.trustpilot.com, and the BBB. iYogi is an independent provider of consumer technology services with 2.5 million users across 10 countries. We have a BBB rating of A and are accredited. We are based out of New York and we have call centers based out of India. If you would like more information on our products and services you can visit www.iyogi.com. If you would like to read about iYogi in the news, then visit http://www.iyogi.com/news/latest-news. We hope you will consider trying our services.

By Chitralekha S. [iYogi Rep]

Hi Jose, thank you for asking your question. iYogi used to be the authorized re-seller for the McAfee SaaS security software for individual use. We are no longer authorized re-sellers. We are however affiliated to them as authorized re-sellers of their enterprise level solutions. If you have any other queries, please send an email to iyogicare@iyogi.com. Thanks Active Response Team iYogi

By Chitralekha S. [iYogi Rep]

Oh, please, how many people are you willing to let "piggyback" on your lawsuit? I'm so fed up with scammers/shoddy services from companies. iYogi played a good game in the beginning but now it is in the proverbial toilet.

By Beth W.

Me, too. I recently signed up for a couple of programs of >2 years duration. I have not reached anyone by any means but, being as pissed off as I am, I'm not giving up. I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General for my state. They worked wonders when Time Warner Cable tried some funny stuff a few years ago. I suggest you try those avenues as well as continuing to contact iYogi.

By Beth W.
I purchased an HP printer but it was last September on 9/9/2015 and I was told there was a problem with delivery and to give them more time...I called again later but left them alone during November and December 2015 because I did not want to argue with them because I was never being told the truth It was an all in-one printer and was listed s costing $175.00 but iYogi charged me $200.00 they said t was for shipping nd delivery and handling...I was starting to get mad, upset, and very frustrated and suspicious and I have been a loyal customer since 4/2010...now I cannot get Sukanta or Deepak to follow up with and customer service will not answer my calls...I still do not have the printer and no refund back to my credit card either...makes me want to believe that i yogi is falling down on the job..if I get my bank involved it is going to get ugly...now it is not just about the money but the way I am being treated and I was a loyal customer and now I can become so enraged that I could ruin their reputation more than it is already from the law suit initiated last year...the ceo does not know or care about me...bu he would care if I wrote bad reviews and agree with what is being said in the law suit about the way I am b eing treated...Who waits 7 months to complain about a printer purchxsed from this company and never saw to it that I get the truth about wsht happened...by nowand geta free one what to do now??? they will be losing a good customer...like a fool, I bought a 5 year contract...anyone out there who can help or adviceI??? I yogi knows who I am they have the transaction number for the printer I stupidly purchased because I trusted them...I.M. Garcia

First step is to contact your bank and credit card company. Explain how your personal information has been compromised so the bank you have an account with is aware and they will instruct you of what you can do next to protect your finances. Second have your credit card company issue you a new credit card and new number and destroy your old one. Then if I were you if you can afford it get a new computer or laptop, do not hook it up to your old router or modem. Call your Internet Service Provider - ISP to have them come out and install a new router and or modem and have them change your IP address and set you up with a new and stronger pass word to log on your internet. If you are with Iyogi as your ISP internet service provider, GET A NEW ISP company like comcast, or verizon or some different wireless company. Also have computer specialist to make a house visit to assist you with hooking you up to a safe and secure internet on your computer if you have any doubts. To ensure best quality safe shopping is to personally go and visit stores in your area to look over the quality of the merchandise that would meet your needs than to trust an online purchase. Some places have computer stores that are privately owned who have well skilled computer professionals who provide quality services for a really amazing deals. Also you can purchase at a trusted computer store or computer company in person a year or even up to 3 years package plan where all damages to your computer or devices are repaired with no additional charges or your money back. Sorry you were scammed in your situation. I hope these options help you to a safe and better future online.

By Anonymous A.

iYogi Press Conference by WashingtonAGO https://youtu.be/9Uo1Ku2oKzY iYogi based in New York and stationed others in India and other locations mentioned in this informative video that the US is suing iYogi for over billions of dollars scammed from trusting US victims to fraud tech support provided by iYogi. Basically they are not being shut down but sued over fraudulent use of Microsoft products used as scare ware to bully their customers into giving more money and accessing private financial accounts against the customer's knowledge.

By Anonymous A.

Hello Sara, of course. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the services and corresponding charges. Please email the ID number you have to iyogicare@iyogi.com and an Active Response Team member will contact you soon after. Regards.

By Chitralekha S. [iYogi Rep]

Dear Penny, We are terribly sorry to hear about your husband's illness and we will pray for him. We will look into this charge immediately but I do need some account information. Please can you send an email to iyogicare@iyogi.com with your iYogi account information so that we can process the refund for you. Bets wishes Chitralekha Active Response Team

By Chitralekha S. [iYogi Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the iYogi staff and other customers.

iYogi?