US Government’s NSF

New York, NY 10007, USA
Tel: 1-877-710-0840

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

People never use it's a scam, they call you like there is a big emergency with your system. all they want to do is access your computer system and make it looking like they are going to fix your network problems or security network problems? what problems?
they are cause the problems then they tell you it will cost $1500.00 to allow for protection from hackers there the hackers. I had used them in the past for tech support from Quick books what a joke. They accessed my system and that was it. I can no longer use the computer but if I want to give the now $500.00 dollars they will fix the problem they caused. They have locked me out of my computer system.
This is what happen when we see all tech support to other f***k up countries.

September 29, 2016

This morning at 9:20 a.m. I was speaking with Aviral Gupta of iyogi. Had to screenshot the chat. My computer was running slow, and I asked Avrial Gupta to speed it up. Here are verbatim excerpts:

Aviral Gupta: Now your computer is fully optimize (sic) and working fine.

Me: May I give it a quick ride before you disappear

Aviral Gupta: No.

Me: Could you explain why I am not allowed to try it out while you insure all systems are go?

Aviral Gupta: Yes.

Me: Super. Will you now do so?

Aviral Gupta: No.
Are you happy with my services?

Me: I dont know because I have not tried out my computer.
If it is working with optimum celerity, I am ecstatic.
If not, I am perturbed at your brusqueness.

Aviral Gupta: Okay as you wish.
Is there anything else?

Me: How do I save this chat?

Aviral Gupta It is not possible

Fortunately, they cannot disconnect unless you let them go, so I made him wait while I screen shot the conversation. Typically, the techs try to get a promise from you to give them high review ratings before they let you exit. With few exceptions, they press you to buy more things. I have admonished them in the past. I suspect Im blacklisted (my customer number). Theyll take my money, but are not always there. I once went a month without being able to contact them, and their 800 numbers constantly shift.

Oh, and my computers still slow. Thanks, Aviral Gupta.

Tip for consumers: They're very good with new customers, when trying to get more money.

I dealt with iYogi 4 years ...Last year they talked me into buying 5 years of service plus 3 years of their "Tech Genie application. They have received all my money (close to $1000 over the 4 year period)...Then, (after they had my money $539.98 (2015), they changed their available days and times of operation from 24/7 to Mon-thru-Fri, 6AM to 5PM which conflicts with my work times! They cannot contact me and I cannot contact them with these new times; I have asked for a pro-rated refund, however, they don't know me now! Advice: Do NOT buy or have anything to do with iYogi or any of their products and/or services or you will lose your $money and your temper! Please listen to this warning...Thank you, "iYogi taught me a lesson & I have finally learned it well!" NO STAR

Iyogi tried to scam me on the pretense of checking my computer to see if the system was operating correctly. Then the tech started to tell me about my registry being damaged. That escalated to there being 438 viruses on my hard drive. The laundry list of problems went on and on. When I asked the tech what he could do, he told me he only worked on computers and the tech would have to elevate this problem to their security department. Turns out they could help me by installing things and removing stuff - all for the sum of $2,395. I asked for his phone number on the pretense that I wanted to think about it & would call him back. He was not happy and wanted my commitment plus a credit card number to secure the money. I will never call them or do business with them again.

I was a customer for 8 years- everything was fine untill last August- Started upselling items i had no interest in- Unfortunately i bought into a 5 year plan. They owe me- So much for that Karma crap they used as a core principle for their team. Good Karma would put someone in jail.

After several years of good service, I calked in for a comp clean up.The tech took over my comp and put a false page on the screen telling me that my comp was infected.I knew it was a lie! In the background other employees were cheering him on!.I hung up!!!! Stay clear of Iyogi!

I was a customer for almost 1 year. They started out great with assisting me with my Macbook Air tech support needs.

However for the last 4 months I have not been able to get tech support to respond.

All the phone numbers listed don't respond.

I paid for a 2 yr subscription. :(((

Horrible company. I cancelled my service and I can't get them to stop calling me. It's at the harassment level now and I'm thinking of calling a lawyer to file suit. Today just received 2 calls and I've told them to take me off their list. I've spoken to managers, no luck.

so my computer had a virus, so i been subscriber for years now, and guess what when subscriber expired the called obviously to renewed it!. so now my computer came down with another virus and i spend a hold half hour on hold just for a technician. he was so rude!!!! and update my computer spend hours resolving god knows what, and until now it didnt even get resolve. avoid iyogi they scams!!!!

For the past couple of months, I have been constantly trying to speak with customer support. I have been put on hold for many hours at a time- or can't get through at all. The tech guys call me up at random hours and offer me their "updating service", and when I attempt to have them connect me to customer service, they connect me to the the supervisor.

The "Supervisor" When I am put in touch with him, I ask him to connect me to customer service he would call me an a**** and a f***** B.

This "Business" should be shut down asap, because the attitude stinks and they are useless.

I have had a support contract with them for 3 computers for several years. This past year they have not only talked me into renewing and THEN telling me I needed to purchase additional software, NOW I get no response when I try and get online support!
I am not at ALL happy about having spent all this money and now they don't answer.

i am trying to get iyogi to clean my computer.
no one is answering.
i have an account with them
i want to cancel my service with them

Now that IYOGI is in trouble, I got a call from an "IYOGI TECH" named "Kevin." He claimed that IYOGI was going out of business and he was calling to give me a refund. So first he asked to control my computer remotely, as they always do. Then he started asking for my bank account information so he could refund the money into my checking account. I gave it to him, and he set up some account through my online banking through which to transfer the money. However, the transfer did not go through. So he asked for my ATM CARD information to use in the transfer. Like a dullard,I gave it to him. He said he also needed my driver's license number. When I asked why, he gave me something that didn't make sense, but I had been working with IYOGI for so many years, I wasn't thinking.
Finally he asked me to shutdown my computer for 24 hours so that he could successfully remove all the IYOGI software. Then he would call me in the morning and the refund would be complete.
However, the next morning when I opened my computer, Windows was nowhere in sight -- Only a small box asking for a 9 digit password. Quickly I opened my iPad mini (which he didn't know I had) and opened my online banking information. To my horror, during the night this man had transferred most of the money in my checking account to the account he set up the day before from which he said he would refund my money.
Immediately I called the bank, LifeLock, the police and the credit bureaus. Luckily, between my bank and LifeLock, I got my money back. But I had to re-install Windows on my computer, because I don't trust anything he did to it.
What's worse is he had the gall to call that morning to try to continue the scam.

I feel helpless to get justice done by iYogi. The sales people have pushed me for the last several years to purchase something almost each time I called. The last time I called they said if I buy the "bundle" I would need nothing else. Even though I had time left on tech support ( and the Optimizer to 2017) I I bought the "bundle" to go to June 24 2017. After getting a virus warning I called them on June 6 2016 and they said I had no virus protection, it had expired. Also, they said they have no "bundles". I had had quite enough by that point and asked for a refund. I can't reach customer service, three of their phone lines have been disconnected and the one that goes through just gives a recording to go to the website. I went to refunds on the website and put in my account number, my phone and email and got the message that "Provided customer's detail does not exist". Their motto is "good karma" but they are making very bad karma and they will not succeed. I will wait for the refund of the $149.99 and the prorated Optimizer and tech contract that still has a little time left. When I get a refund I will update this review.

I found the technicians to be very good. It was frustrating to try to understand them but I got through it with frustration but having the issue corrected.

Tip for consumers: I am updating this review because with the help of the Better Business Bureau I did receive the refund of $149.99 and $40 that was left on a previous contract. I am so grateful to the BBB that I got my money back, it would not have happened without that consumer help organization.

I ordered a PC in October 2015, never received it and was told in February it would arrive in 2 weeks. Still haven't received it and trying to get my credit card company to dispute the charge which may be over the time limit which IYogi counts on. BTW IYogi is still claiming a credit was issued and Chase bank said there has been no credit issued for $717.00 It is now May 29, 2016

Hi, I am an Ex-iYogi Employee, iyogi has not paid it's employees for last 6-7 Months and is under Millions of Debt. The company has now resorted to Fake/Unethical/Incorrect Sales. There are only couple of employees now who are left. The only person responsible for this is the CEO Mr. Uday Challu. They have brought us to such a state that quitting was the only option left. Nice tactics Mr Challu not to pay your employees and bring them to such a stage that they quit in pain, while you live your life lavishly. You are pathetic and dirty beyond words.

are you out of business...I haven't been able to get anyone online for days.......just paid $129.99 and if you are out you owe me money......very disappointed with you after many years of good service....Stephen gurtman

Your technicians try to scam every time i call.
They try to get you to purchase something every time you call

I have been with iYogi for a number of years and find starting in 2015 that their Techs do not know what they are doing and each Tech has a different answer for you that requires you to buy more of their products in order for them them to do their work; They never complete the job and promise to have a supervisor call (they never do) to fix the problem. I could go on and on with the problems and lies I have had with them.
If I ever visit India I will definitely go out of my way to have a face to face with them.
BUY USA !!!!!!!

after paying it always takes a supervisor to find out my payment to $149.99 , they never call back if disconnected and their support twill leave your computer with more issues

For years, they were helpful. Now, they are being sued in more than one state. Impossible to get them on the phone. They took about $500 off me recently for "repairs." Now, my computer is worse than before they started. Avoid at ALL costs!

This company said if I wasn't happy I could cancel at any time. I cancelled only an hour after signing up because I couldn't understand the rep. I was transferred to a supervisor who tried to tell me I couldn't get a refund to which I said "you are wrong my friend, read your statement". Angrily he hung and and I called my bank to retrieve the submitted payment. Two weeks later my bank notifies me of possible fraudulent charges that are trying to be made to the card. When I asked who it was they said a company names IYOGI. Stay away!!!!!!!

This company is a disgrace. I have been trying for 6 months to obtain a partial refund due to cancelling my membership with them. So far no luck. Im just fobbed off all the time and lied to. Please don't touch them.

This company is pretty awful. They were good for the first few years, then greed set in. Every time I called it turned into a time-share-condo level sales job. Then it got worse. After they were sued by the Washington AG in December, no one in billing support answered the phones and customer service chat was disabled for weeks (a coincidence, I'm sure; a billing support person I finally got hold of on Jan. 16 said it was because of the holidays .... suuuuuuuuure, it was.) I've been told FOUR times over nearly two months since then that my refund should show up in the next few days; three times that hasn't been the case. Ostensibly this tech support company can't solve its own technical issue. That's what I've been told. I suspect they're trying to test whether refund-seekers will give up. Is there a class-action lawyer anywhere working on this? It appears this is a common issue.

Never deal with overseas support companies! They took the money in advance for five years and just fricking disappeared!!! SO UPSET....
Who do I turn to now with this issue????

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

41 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the iYogi staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question