iYogi

iYogi has a consumer rating of 3.2 stars from 297 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. iYogi also ranks 16th among Computer Repair sites. The most common issues with iYogi are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I've been a customer of iYogi's for 4-5 years, both with my PC and my MacBook Pro.
  • The are very accommodating and polite when ever I had dealing with them on computer issues.

• They cheated me by telling me stories about how bad my computer was and took out money from my account.
  • iYogi was able to talk me into signing up with them initially by offering some free tech support.
How would you rate iYogi?

“Computer tuneup”

James s.
9/4/18

I had Ane for the fix. She's doing a great job. It was over my head and she is soon determined that I needed help and It's wonderful."

“Fraud Company”

Matt P.
2/27/19

I used them back in 2013 which they did fix my computer, however I do not even have that computer anymore and they bombard my phone with calls. They are very rude and will not answer questions, when I ask for a representative they just hang up one me. Just recently they have been calling from and "unknown" Number and my service provider can not do anything about it.

computer (144) 5 years (14) tech support (20) time (101) credit card (12) computer issues (8) 4 years (8) service (121) refund (31) virus protection (7) money (48) tech service (4)
mattp186
February 27th, 2019
jrocks1
June 20th, 2019
If I could give zero stars or negative stars I would. This is possibly the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are all scammers, cheaters, and persistent on making life miserable with contacting me constantly after I initiated the first call to them. I am sorry that I ever did and now blame Apple for suggesting them. They are trying to refund me $299 and want to get into your computer to do so. I have never paid them $299 so I know they are full of crap. After going online recently I now know that there were hundreds or even thousands of others that are having the same experience. STAY AWAY from this crooks.
kathleenh32
February 24th, 2016
I purchased software and a 5-year tech support plan from iYogi in 11/15. Now the software has disappeared from my computer and I can't get in touch with anyone from iYogi despite calling 3 different phone numbers and trying to log on to their website as a member (my access code) was rejected as not valid. Has anyone else had this experience. Has anyone been able to contact iYogi by telephone? Would appreciate feedback.
Thanks,
Kathleen H.
charlesleyt
December 11th, 2018
I had a contract with Iyogi for a couple years. Then a couple years ago they informed me they could no longer honor the contract. They did not, however, refund any money. I am now getting calls purporting to be Iyogi employees wanting access to my computer so they can refund my money. I do not believe they are Iyogi employees, but scammers taking advantage of the Iyogi lawsuit. I simply tell the scammers that if they are Iyogi employees then they know my address so just send me the money, and hang up.
benjamind80
August 8th, 2018
I worked for them as an onsite tech, the pay was already super low. Then when they got banned from doing business in the US I never got my last 1 1/2 weeks pay. Also they still advertise and take calls from US ... WTF!
jerryw147
March 26th, 2018
I used them at one time and had okay results... now they keep calling me and will not take my number from their call list. They have all been rude and interrupted me continually. I wish there was a way to make them go away and stop interrupting my workday.
nancyl66
August 1st, 2015
I have used iyogi for years, but have recently become disappointed in their services. The last two times I have called, they do a hard sell for windows 8.1. Since I have Windows 7, I would rather wait for the free windows 10 upgrade. The said 7 was no longer support ed anywhere which also isn't true. My problem was not fixed and their price for software was higher than anywhere else I looked.
umangc
Chitralekha S. – iYogi Rep
Dear Nancy, we apologize for the inconvenience as this is not the level of service we strive to deliver. We would like to investigate the incident reported by you and take appropriate action. Please share your iYogi account details via an email to iYogicare@iyogi.com.
Regards
raynaln
January 20th, 2017
I have been an original client of IYogi, and still have a contract that goes into 2018, which they refuse to honor. In the beginning they were good technically, even though they tried assiduously to upsell every time. They have since degenerated into a complete scam and now resort to the tactics of computer scammers. MANY STATES HAVE FILED LAWSUITS AGAINST THEM!! Avoid them at all costs. Sad to say they are a disgrace to Indians!!!!! If it were possible to give them LESS than 1 star I would!
lous26
January 4th, 2015
First of all, i had to wait nearly thirty minutes before being connected to a technician. The web site made it sound like I was contacting Apple direct, but only after asking three times did the guy admit that they were an Apple "agent", his word, not mine. The technician was located in India, and his English was only barely better than my Indian. He was courteous and knowledgable, but I had real difficulty understanding him. Once I learned that he was not with Apple, I asked him what it was going to cost, and after several questions, he finally gave me their rate structure. I ended up paying $149 for one year service on all my devices which probably isn't that bad. However, every time I have called them the wait has been ridiculously long. Although they did finally fix my problem after two calls and a total of nearly three hours (including waiting time), I will definitely not renew when my year contract is up.
franh6
April 21st, 2015
Verified purchase
I have been a customer of IYOGI for about 4 years. They have always been able to get things back on track, but sometimes it takes longer than I would prefer which sometimes results in my waiting too long to ask for their help. Their technicians are always very courteous and for the most part are knowledgable
jamess1268
September 4th, 2018
teejaym
November 15th, 2014
I have had iyogi for several years and they are a very inconsistent outfit at best. The level of service ranges from complete novice to someone who knows how to get around a computer just enough to get the simple things done or create more issues. With that said, they're mostly interested in selling the customer on new tech and warranties at twice the price one would be able to purchase on ones own. The techs and the "account managers" are very, very pushy clearly not wanting to listen to the issues at hand with your computer unless they sell something to you first. My last go around with them they would not get to the service until I purchased items from them and was not able to reactivate my "iYogi docs" (an assist on the computer) to get them to provide assistance in fixing the issues with my computer. The frustration in dealing with them outweighs any positives in having this service.
vincentc35
April 23rd, 2015
Verified purchase
It is helpful to have techs that can be called up at a moment's notice to fix what's ailing your computer. They kept my old Dell in pretty good shape for several years until I bought a new Dell a week ago. But they do more than just fix. Not being a whiz on computer, if I need to do something that I'm not sure how to accomplish, they are there to help in that regard as well. They are very helpful and courteous too.
dianea44
June 9th, 2017
I had iyogi for 2 yrs and then cancelled it back in 2014. last night i had a phone call from them saying my info on my computer is outdated. i do not know how they got my new number. i hung up on them but i know they will call back again. they cost way to much money and they didn't want to refund my money back in 2014. they are useless and i would not recommend them. i have bask now for 2 yrs and they do cost money when you are on a fixed income. they to are getting cancelled. i have verizon and they will work on my computer no extra charge.
josephineb2
October 12th, 2011
Hi, I used iYogi because my virus program was not installing. When I called the number for Mcafee I got iYogi. I paid the $169.00 fee for a year, unlimited problems. They were on my computer 3 times and could not fix the problem. I asked for a refund. They tried to talk me out of it but I wanted a refund. They refunded $110.00 of the $169.00. Charged me $59.00 for the service. I am going to try to get this back. Have any suggestions? Josephine
bernards21
September 2nd, 2014
ALL THEY ARE AFTER IS MORE MONEY FROM YOU, EVERY 3 MONTHS THEY TRY TO GET MONEY OUT YOU! STAY AWAY FROM IYOGI
saraho34
Sarah O.
November 4th, 2016
I contacted iyogi to get my slow PC fast. It was showing pop-ups everytime I tried to work. The tech asked for the remote access to my laptop and then scanned the whole system. He said there are 600 viruses in my laptop and they need to be removed. He asked to buy their $149 plan which offered tech support throughout the year. I found it as a fair deal so bought it. He removed the viruses, upgraded the software. My system was in good condition afterwards. I appreciate the good work!
eileenc17
January 2nd, 2016
Why haven't you refunded my money yet? It's been over 2 months.....too many lawsuits? What hope, if any, is there on getting resolution to the myriad of issues with this company? Is the U.S. Attorney General taking any action to shut down this money thieving sorry excuse for tech service? This is will be my third web site filing a complaint and the next step is filing with my state's AG. I can't believe they STILL post a Better Business Bureau accreditation symbol on their web site. Talk about FALSE advertising!
lucretiam
April 2nd, 2015
Verified purchase
I have been with IYOGI for about 6 years. I have called them with questions and problems of all sorts from a blank black screen to things I could not get off the screen. They have helped me compile mailing lists, add attachments, find lost mail, Sometimes a question could be answered in one word and sometimes I had messed up so bad it took a few hours for the technicians to figure it out. I have never had them give up before solving a problem.
richardb283
January 10th, 2017
Used this service for 2 years. Just OK- always wanting to sell more products. Have received at least 3 calls a week for over 2 months advising they are either not compatible with Windows or they are no longer supplying product and must refund money. They wanted to get bank information - no way. I have removed program from computer but they still call and say they must gain access to computer to clean up computer so it operates properly and to increase security. I told them to send me a refund check. They can't /won't do that and will not apply a credit to a credit card. Computer works fine without their program.
ronf21
December 4th, 2013
They were continually trying to suck more money out of me.Everytime I tried to get their help they would go into a long sales pitch about one or more products I needed to help protect my computer.There was one item they insisted I buy that would negate my need to call them,basically a program that would do their job.I did purchase it due to their hounding me but after some thought I canceled it.Initially I thought I was getting the full service package for about $200 and then every time I called they would keep trying to get me to extend my package another year and also buy their choice of virus protection (McCaffee) both of which I did until I had three years of service and protection (I thought) and then they inform me that for the complete package including updates I needed to spend another $100.I was continually harassed about my operating system (windows XP) and how I needed to upgrade to windows 7 or 8.Every time they fixed my problem I had two more problems until I was so frustrated I would go to a friend of mine who was a microsoft certified tech and he would clean up the mess they had left.My last dealing with them didn't fix the problem and then my dvd reader would not work,they blamed this on my operating system so I purchased windows 7 but could not install it as my dvd reader would not work.After messing around for about two hours I was informed that it could only be fixed by a house call,take it or leave it.As I said every time they fixed something my problems seemed to get worse,this or that would not work or if I called about my system being so slow they would keep me on the phone for three hours,claim my problem was solved and as soon as I returned to my computer it was just as slow as before.It got to the point where I was afraid to call as I did not want another three hours wasted with no resolution.I can't understand why I have to stay on the phone as there have been one or two occassions when they have told me they would get back to me when they were finished.Anyone who considers using this service should be ready to shell out about $600 before they will get full service as opposed to the $100 to $200 they initially tell you to sucker you in.Oh yes they really suck up to you to get that first payment, I feel that they are only interested selling you as much as possible and fixing your computer is their secondary objective.
kayc79
January 5th, 2017
I had IYogi for 3-4 years, at first you had to stay on the phone and try to understand them, then they took control of your computer, they did a good job, the, everytime you used the serviced they wanted money for something, then I heard they went out of business, I wanted some money back, they called many times each day. Today, I talked with someone named John Carter??? with an Indian accent. Wanted to give me $250 back, when he was putting it into my account, a mistake, put in $3250, then wanted me to go to Walmart to get a moneygram to return it. I told him to just take it back out, couldn't do that. Well I'm not going to send a moneygram, I called the police and my bank. tomorrow I am changing the account number but leaving his $3000 in the old one. Keeping the $250.00. Little $#*!s, just a bunch of thieves and when it started, they were good and did a good job.
abhiskekg
April 30th, 2016
Hi, I am an Ex-iYogi Employee, iyogi has not paid it's employees for last 6-7 Months and is under Millions of Debt. The company has now resorted to Fake/Unethical/Incorrect Sales. There are only couple of employees now who are left. The only person responsible for this is the CEO Mr. Uday Challu. They have brought us to such a state that quitting was the only option left. Nice tactics Mr Challu not to pay your employees and bring them to such a stage that they quit in pain, while you live your life lavishly. You are pathetic and dirty beyond words.
kenf35
February 17th, 2016
iYogi were good for a few years, then not-so-good. Now they're a rip-off. They sold me a different security system which wasn't even installed; I had 859 viruses by the time I had a different team look at the computer. Don't give them any money; you'd be better off throwing it out the window.
pinkl14
January 4th, 2017
they wont stop calling me after I asked to be removed.Their service sucks. I would never trust them with my info or computer runnnnnnn

Are they a scam

I'd say they are probably a scam, since they aggressively pitch their sales to you even to the point of convincing you that what you currently have on your computer (anti virus, etc) is useless. If you want a problem solved, they'll put you in a corner and make you pay for a bundled subscription/tech support fee before they fix your problem.

By Viviana G.
See more answers (3)

Hi Robbie, we agree with Linnell and recommended the evaluation of multiple service providers. Pay-as-you-go support services and subscription support services each have their own merit, and must be evaluated based on your need and your budget. To verify the authenticity of reviews posted online you can visit review sites that verify whether the reviewer is actually a bon-a-fide customer of any service or company. Websites which we know of that verify the authenticity of the reviewer are www.consumeraffairs.com, www.sitejabber.com, www.trustpilot.com, and the BBB. iYogi is an independent provider of consumer technology services with 2.5 million users across 10 countries. We have a BBB rating of A and are accredited. We are based out of New York and we have call centers based out of India. If you would like more information on our products and services you can visit www.iyogi.com. If you would like to read about iYogi in the news, then visit http://www.iyogi.com/news/latest-news. We hope you will consider trying our services.

See more answers (3)

I think they are still in business because they called me about two weeks ago wanting to renew my annual contract....NOT!

By Lou S.
See more answers (2)

Hi Jose, thank you for asking your question. iYogi used to be the authorized re-seller for the McAfee SaaS security software for individual use. We are no longer authorized re-sellers. We are however affiliated to them as authorized re-sellers of their enterprise level solutions. If you have any other queries, please send an email to iyogicare@iyogi.com. Thanks Active Response Team iYogi

See more answers (2)

Oh, please, how many people are you willing to let "piggyback" on your lawsuit? I'm so fed up with scammers/shoddy services from companies. iYogi played a good game in the beginning but now it is in the proverbial toilet.

By Beth W.

Me, too. I recently signed up for a couple of programs of >2 years duration. I have not reached anyone by any means but, being as pissed off as I am, I'm not giving up. I'm contacting the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General for my state. They worked wonders when Time Warner Cable tried some funny stuff a few years ago. I suggest you try those avenues as well as continuing to contact iYogi.

By Beth W.

I purchased an hp printer but it was last september on 9/9/2015 and i was told there was a problem with delivery and to give them more time...i called again later but left them alone during november and december 2015 because i did not want to argue with them because i was never being told the truth it was an all in-one printer and was listed s costing $175.00 but iyogi charged me $200.00 they said t was for shipping nd delivery and handling...i was starting to get mad, upset, and very frustrated and suspicious and i have been a loyal customer since 4/2010...now i cannot get sukanta or deepak to follow up with and customer service will not answer my calls...i still do not have the printer and no refund back to my credit card either...makes me want to believe that i yogi is falling down on the job..if i get my bank involved it is going to get ugly...now it is not just about the money but the way i am being treated and i was a loyal customer and now i can become so enraged that i could ruin their reputation more than it is already from the law suit initiated last year...the ceo does not know or care about me...bu he would care if i wrote bad reviews and agree with what is being said in the law suit about the way i am b eing treated...who waits 7 months to complain about a printer purchxsed from this company and never saw to it that i get the truth about wsht happened...by nowand geta free one what to do now??? they will be losing a good customer...like a fool, i bought a 5 year contract...anyone out there who can help or advicei??? i yogi knows who i am they have the transaction number for the printer i stupidly purchased because i trusted them...i.m. garcia

First step is to contact your bank and credit card company. Explain how your personal information has been compromised so the bank you have an account with is aware and they will instruct you of what you can do next to protect your finances. Second have your credit card company issue you a new credit card and new number and destroy your old one. Then if I were you if you can afford it get a new computer or laptop, do not hook it up to your old router or modem. Call your Internet Service Provider - ISP to have them come out and install a new router and or modem and have them change your IP address and set you up with a new and stronger pass word to log on your internet. If you are with Iyogi as your ISP internet service provider, GET A NEW ISP company like comcast, or verizon or some different wireless company. Also have computer specialist to make a house visit to assist you with hooking you up to a safe and secure internet on your computer if you have any doubts. To ensure best quality safe shopping is to personally go and visit stores in your area to look over the quality of the merchandise that would meet your needs than to trust an online purchase. Some places have computer stores that are privately owned who have well skilled computer professionals who provide quality services for a really amazing deals. Also you can purchase at a trusted computer store or computer company in person a year or even up to 3 years package plan where all damages to your computer or devices are repaired with no additional charges or your money back. Sorry you were scammed in your situation. I hope these options help you to a safe and better future online.

By Anonymous A.

iYogi Press Conference by WashingtonAGO https://youtu.be/9Uo1Ku2oKzY iYogi based in New York and stationed others in India and other locations mentioned in this informative video that the US is suing iYogi for over billions of dollars scammed from trusting US victims to fraud tech support provided by iYogi. Basically they are not being shut down but sued over fraudulent use of Microsoft products used as scare ware to bully their customers into giving more money and accessing private financial accounts against the customer's knowledge.

By Anonymous A.

Hello Sara, of course. We will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about the services and corresponding charges. Please email the ID number you have to iyogicare@iyogi.com and an Active Response Team member will contact you soon after. Regards.

By Chitralekha S., Manager - Active Response Team

Dear Penny, We are terribly sorry to hear about your husband's illness and we will pray for him. We will look into this charge immediately but I do need some account information. Please can you send an email to iyogicare@iyogi.com with your iYogi account information so that we can process the refund for you. Bets wishes Chitralekha Active Response Team

By Chitralekha S., Manager - Active Response Team

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the iYogi staff and other customers.

iYogi is an independent provider of consumer technology services. Setup in 2007, iYogi has over 3 Million users across 11 countries and a team of 4000 certified technicians who troubleshoot technical problems with computers, smartphones and mobile computing devices like tablets and iPads. iYogi is one of the largest brand-agnostic tech support providers has an A+ rating with the BBB. With Good Karma as the foundation for doing business iYogi is very open to feedback and puts customers first, always.

umangc
Chitralekha S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about iYogi?

Have a question about iYogi?