Review of HelloTech

HelloTech reviews

Tel: 1-800-640-9005

sandys99
7/18/19

I lost the better part of a day of my life I will never get back again because I STUPIDLY saw the Google ad that hello tech was geek squad done better and cheaper. BOY WAS THAT A HUGE MISTAKE! First, I just called geek squad and they come out for $99. Hello tech wanted $129 minimum IF you could get them to do this. You cant. They "advise" that you'd be better off with a $200 membership per year (that auto renews forever) that covers all your tech--except it doesn't. In my case it only covered wifi--which if it worked better would make my tech better. DUH? But would do nothing if my computer didn't boot, or my phone quit. They mention on phone help, but getting a human on a phone is what you'd expect. I said since 30 day warranty on repair, I'd just do that. But they took my card AND CHARGED ME $200 AGAINST MY STATED WISHES. Go online to your "account. IT CAN'T BE CANCELLED UNTIL NEXT YEAR? Called, sat on hold, finally talked to a human who said it would be taken off, hours later no email saying it done. IT WASN'T!. Several phone calls and emails later I had to lose my temper and threaten litigation to get them to cancel it. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CARD INFO! THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU. Call anyone else. Anyone.
Their email they send when you say "NO, just send the tech for the appointment!"

View this email in your browser

Your annual HelloTech Support Plan subscription is now active!

Enjoy peace of mind with 24x7 HelloTech Now! remote support
and your exclusive discount on in-home services.
We're here whenever you need us.

Protection Plus Plan

FREE Online Services
Unlimited

Discount on In-Home Services

Fees waived on every call

Total Paid
$199/yr
Charged to MasterCard **** **** **** 2003

Your subscription will renew automatically, on your annual renewal date. Renewal rates are subject to change, but you will be notified of any change in your rate with the option to cancel in accordance with these terms.

Plan auto-renewal may be disabled at any time, however, the plan will remain active and you will be responsible for the applicable charges for the remaining months of the annual plan period. You may turn off the auto-renewal option from My Account or by contacting Support.

Payment failures will result in immediate plan deactivation. HelloTech services will not be available to customers with a deactivated plan due to payment failure. Any outstanding payments will need to be made in order to reactivate the plan and bring your account current.

Questions or Concerns?
Contact HelloTech at support@hellotech.com

HelloTech | 1762 Westwood Blvd. | Suite 100 | Los Angeles, CA 90024

© 2019 HelloTech, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

This email was sent to cbeachinn@aol.com
You received this email because you are registered with HelloTech, Inc.

Unsubscribe here

johnw1727
7/18/19

Hello, Tech told me on the phone that my area was in their SERVICE AREA. Went online put all info needed for an appointment including AMEX card info which I thought was jickie but I needed a tech. Then they sent me an email canceling my appointment. That is horrible BUSINESS PRACTICES so if you HAVE TO have work done by a TECH go elsewhere.

teresam302
6/10/19

Scheduled HelloTech to install Nest Hello video doorbell. The guy came out and tried to install but could not get it to work. It worked intermittently. He was at my house for 4 hours. He called HelloTech to get help on the issue was transferred four times and hung up on each time. They don't even support their techs in the field. He said he thought it was an electrical issue and suggested I get an electrician. I asked him to at least put my doorbell back together so I had a doorbell that worked. He tried and could not get it to work again. Said he would investigate issue and call me back with a solution. He never called me back. At least HelloTech reversed the charge for installation. Had an electrician out today who said the the wires in the doorbell where not connected correctly. Don't waste your time.

jasonm689
6/3/19

I thought I could use hellotech to save some money on a Nest thermostat installation vs an HVAC company and it backfired and ended up costing me more than just starting with an HVAC company to start. Nest technician did not know what they were doing and did not install the thermostat correctly. He thought it might be related to the wires and went to the air handler and messed around and eventually gave up. Called an HVAC company and they were able to easily setup the device but said the wires at the airhandler are now incorrect and they had to investigate to figure out what wire goes where because they were changed and aren't labeled. They got it working but it was significantly more time for them and more expensive for me to do it. Hellotech told me I wouldn't be charged because the technician couldn't install. I was then charged a reschedule fee of $25 a couple weeks later. I called up and they are refunding it but this whole ordeal has been a pain and cost me more than just working with an HVAC from the getgo.

karenw519
Karen W.
3/27/19

Hi Jose
I was very impressed with your technical expertise. Also, you answered all my questions throughly.

donnaa108
Donna A.
3/25/19

I recently purchased a new laptop and even though I am comfortable with computers, there were a few applications I wanted but was unfamiliar. I saw that there was an inexpensive service that would come to my house so I made an appointment online which was quickly confirmed. My tech, Quintin, arrived on time ready to go to work. Quintin went step-by-step explaining what he was doing and why. I really appreciated his patience while answering my questions and by the time he left at the end of an hour I felt fully confident. I will be calling Hello Tech again soon to update my desktop. To not have to spend frustrating hours setting up my laptop by trial and error was worth every penny and I could not be more satisfied.

teddyee
Teddye E.
3/24/19

I struggle with all things tech. Hello tech makes it easy to get problems fixed on my computer with a no judgement attitude. It is better than calling family who get tired of my questions. They have saved me thousands of dollars if I had to take my computer some place to get it fixed. They remote in and clean up my messes very efficiently. I love Hello Tech!!

troyf42
Troy F.
3/23/19

Mike and Pete were outstanding! Was impressed with their professionalism and determination to get my big screen tv wall mount perfectly hung. Would not stop until it was completely level and my wife and I were 100% satisfied. Would highly recommend HelloTech to anyone needing their services.

jom105
Jo M.
3/23/19

He appeared as a good representative of the company. A friendly, gentlemanly approach and went to his job quickly and got that done and left in the same manner. I would ask for him back if and when I needed help.

ozzyk3
Ozzy K.
3/23/19

Ray was awesome! Fast and efficient with a good eye for leveling the equipment. Results are very professional and it shows highly experienced installations.

jensg5
Jens g.
3/22/19

Steve was excellent.He was extremely patient and thorough. It was obvious right away that he knew what he was doing. He diagnosed and then solved the issue. I will highly recommend you guys.

dr227
D R.
3/22/19

The technician was polite, listened to our issues and solved our problem quickly, then explained all thoroughly afterwards. We are seniors that have no technical knowledge so his patience and mannerism was greatly appreciated.

anonymousp415
anonymous P.
3/20/19

Paul was efficient and installed everything perfectly. We had just moved in and we're not quite settled - Paul gave us additional recommendations to assist in the settling in process. Great service, great tech for sure.

angelak86
Angela K.
3/19/19

Jeremy, the tech, was very nice, professional, and fast. He explained the process and clearly knew what he was doing.

melonieh3
Melonie H.
3/19/19

Brandon took the time to help us set up my parents' printer and was very patient with all of my mom's questions.

tima155
Tim A.
3/18/19

My tech Roy was openly willing to help with whatever I needed.
He's a very friendly guy and easy to understand. I feel I got more than my money's worth.

anonymousu420
anonymous U.
3/18/19

Lindsay made the process so easy and even on short notice accomodated my time and had such a pleasant attitude

bc142
B C.
3/18/19

Our Tech was knowledgable and up to date on my new and old equipment. He was very resourceful mounting my T.V. using my on site and supplied bracket. Definitely use this service again.

gloriaw52
Gloria W.
3/17/19

The tech helped me sync the phone to my car, and showed me short cuts to use. It was great to have one on one time .

anonymousr392
anonymous R.
3/14/19

Great service. Set up appointment and Tech showed up early.
Mr.Todd Perry the tech is extremely knowledgeable and knows how to solve issues very quickly.
I will be using Hello Tech in the future.

jussir
Jussi R.
3/14/19

Alex was great! He showed up on time, and handled the task with ease. I will definitely hire them next time I'm in need for tech related services.

clairet57
Claire T.
3/11/19

Connor came out to install our printer and was absolutely brilliant. We were very happy with the service.

loisl49
Lois L.
3/9/19

The technician needs more training but she was pleasant. I was told
that my printer would be installed, but there was not enough time.

pato43
Pat O.
3/8/19

I'm totally satisfied with Hello Tech from start to finish and every interaction was pleasant and professional. The tech that came to my home (Bill) was awesome and fixed my long standing problem with my desktop. Definitely they are number one on my list to call for any technical problems.

richardc804
3/8/19

These folks wasted my time. They came out to my house two hours late only to tell me they don't install the Ring system. They will install the Ring doorbell? I spelled out exactly what I wanted done before they came out. So don't bother with these folks.

Questions? Get answers from the HelloTech staff and other customers.

1 Photo for HelloTech