Review of HairSisters

Niles, IL 60714
Tel: 1-866-424-7747

gened18
6/26/17
• Updated review

Hairsisters just responded to my last review with such a complete disregard for the truth that I was stunned. Then I realized what the problem is, I'm dealing with people with limited mental faculties that are liars. Not a good combination. They start out saying 'it's hard to be dishonest with someone who will not allow you to assist them which was the point of the call', what assistance? When you call customer service it's because you have a problem, the person who answers the phone shouldn't be the problem. I feel like I have said this a million times before. When I called your 'customer service' I said there was a mistake, my order was mistakenly cancelled, she said 'there was no mistake You cancelled it '. I told her no, I hadn't then she proceeded to attack me by shouting 'yes you cancelled', then she brought up the RMA which I knew nothing about. Like I said a million times before I tried to explain but she kept talking over me, when I insisted she listen she hung up on me. I called her back and asked for a supervisor to which she replied 'your order was cancelled, get over it' and hung up. Where was this so called help? The next point they tried to make is that they can't just switch things out, your 'rep' should have said that calmly when I called instead of shouting and raving like a virago. Here's an example of how the call should have gone, you might want to take notes here. 'Hello I see that my order was cancelled, I'm not sure why. In the phone message and email... ( the email address was on the billing summary from Amazon. It said use to contact hairsisters if i have any issues) ... I sent, I simply asked that you switch the Sage wig to a Storm wig.' Your 'rep' should haven then looked at the facts calmly and intelligently then said 'unfortunately we can't switch things out once you've placed an order. We cancelled it instead. We should have contacted you and given you the choice to cancel, or return it. I'm so sorry, I hope you'll reorder. Is there anything else I can help you with?' See, not hard. The only person at hairsisters I spoke with was Mika, in our conversation, if you can call it that, there was no alternative given, no other options supplied. She didn't transfer me to a different rep, she didn't get her supervisor, so I'm confused about who supplied these options and alternatives, just her screeching as she insisted I had cancelled my order. The fact that I called and emailed about it said that there was a mistake made. The focus then should have been to resolve the issue with a view towards customer retention. The only time I had contact with someone else from the 'company' was when they responded to my first review. They could not be stupid enough to think after those horrific conversations with their 'rep' that I would trust my hard earned money with them? I went on their site right after that to delete my info as I stated in my second review. They said they deleted my info for me, how sweet! I wouldn't trust these people if I was being chased by zombies and their door was the only one open. I have a lot of experience with the law and have met liars, but these people are the best I've seen. Oh look! Something they're good at. Don't take my word for it read the other reviews and see their track record of deniability. I'm so done with this. Apparently the people at hairsisters have a lot of time to waste, I'll give them some free advice, use thie time wisely to teach your people how to speak to people, how to become good customer service representative's. Ultimately you don't succeed by ripping off you customers, by hiking up shipping (in complaints below) or other shoddy dealings listed in complaints. You do it by owning your mistakes and then fixing them, by seeing that your customers are your biggest assets and then treating them as such. The people who read these reviews are not idiots. YOU HAVE MORE 1 STARS THAN ALL YOUR OTHER STARS COMBINED! That speaks volumes. I'm done with you. Life is too fleeting to spend it wallowing in the mud. God bless.

“Horrible, Rude, disrespectful Mika”
6/23/17
• Previous review

I planned to order two of the same wigs. After I placed the order I realized it was two different ones. This was just before closing so I realized I wouldn't get someone when I called back so I left a message. I also sent an email stating the same thing as the message. I requested that they switched the second wig to match the first before sending them out. I said please and thank you. The next day I saw an email saying my order was cancelled. I called and got Mika who had as much business as a pig answering a phone. She was rude from the get go. I tried to explain but she kept talking over me. I finally got a word in and told her as per my email and message I wanted a switch not a cancellation. She told me I had requested a RMA so it was cancelled. I said no I had the email in front of me asking for a switch, she shouted no that's not it you asked for a RMA I don't even know what that is. When I tried to explain she hung up on me! I called back but it was her again. I tried to explain but she wouldn't listen, I asked to speak to her supervisor but she just said your order was cancelled get over it and hung up again! I called back it was still her. I hung up. They just have her answering the phone. It's a shoddy backroom business run by someone raised by animals. Which is probably an insult to animals.

moniquel14
6/9/17

Ordered 2 wigs and was planning on wearing Friday nite which worked out because when checking the status of shipment it said it would be here Friday No later than 6pm by FedEx. When checking on the status today(Friday) it all of a sudden said I wouldn't receive it until Saturday no later than 6 by USPS. WTF, USPS......never again will I order from here again.

daniellew51
6/2/17

I've been purchasing from hairsisters for a few years . The only problem is the quality of the wigs that are not made by hairsisters so not their fault. Shipping good, arrive on time, and the prices are always great for me. If I am not sure I go see if the local wig store have it a lot of the time they do so I know what I am getting. The wigs last me fir about two months then I stop wearing.Last thing it would cost more money to get my hair done at a shop .team hairsisters

leej55
5/24/17

PRODUCTS ARE PLACED IN THE WRONG CATEGORIES. TELEPHONE CALLS ARE NEVER ANSWERED!!!! A PROMISE TO RETURN A CALL IS JUST TO APPEASE. STAY AWAY FROM HAIR SISTERS. THEY JUST STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HAIR SISTERS.

lalaa3
5/16/17

I live in Ireland so I wanted to order two wigs, one of which I needed in 2 weeks! I found the shipping to Ireland cheapest on this website. I was really afraid to order after reading all the negative reviews but I put everything into God's Hands and ordered anyway. Thank God I did!
I ordered my wig on the 5th of May (both wigs were same day shipping) and it arrived on the 15th May. Despite me ordering after the same day order time, it still shipped that very day and I was notified immediately. The customer service replied an email I sent to them that very day that same day! I was able to track my shipping the whole time through FedEx and I knew exactly when it was coming. It came by the estimated delivery date. It was one of the best decisions I ever made! Very happy!

cherylh80
5/1/17

My first time ordering from Hair Sister and I must say I was completely satisfied. I will definitely order again.

naolag
4/28/17

i regret ever going to this website. i ordered and never recieved my order. fought for two weeks to have my money back to my account
customer service was really bad. i called everyday for many days and finally got them two weeks after my order. the reps were very rude.
i wish i could give zero stars but i cant.
she went as far as telling me "if your bank doesnt know what void means, tell them that..." in such a rude tone.
i regret trying to do business with you hair sisters. never again

idetteg
3/30/17

Like I stated after my order was already placed I was already billed for the billing fee and so P in the billing fee was not a problem because I already got billed the problem came in when I asked you a question and you got upset her about the free shipping and you went behind my back and block me from the page that was so unprofessional your tone of voice your mannerism What kind of business operates like this then you try to change it up in your response you pick up the phone and hang it up several times and never let me speak to a supervisor so if anyone out there order from hair sisters and get you Line they better watch out because before you it was a Caucasian lady that was very nice and always answered all my questions they need to send you back to training this is America or you can ask anything you want in a professional way where are you spending your money At and I was really being nice to you Had I known this it would've been a different story Watch out for hair sisters customer service is poor

deidrap
3/7/17

I ordered a product and when it arrives i open it and tge wig i purchased was HORRIBLY CONSTRUCTED OMG THE DREAD WIG WAS COMPLETELY FULL AT THE TOP AS A MATTER OF FACT TOO FULL FPR ME TO LOOK IN THE BACK AND MID WAYS DOWN TO THE NAPE PART OF THE WIG ITS COMPLETELY BALD !!!!!! ITS A MESS PLEASE DONT PURCHASE SOFT DREAD WIG BY ITS A WIG ITS A COMPLETE RIP OFF A BIG WASTE IF MONEY AND I TRULY WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! NEVER ORDERING THERE AGAIN

cotonyias
3/6/17

They told me lies about arrival date but they did refund the two day shipping and I did not get the hair until a week later NeVER AGAIN!

laquandal
2/17/17

The past few wigs I've received has been tangled and nappy like in the top very frustrating.. they are always nice styles but sometimes not good quality

rosav7
2/15/17

Almost 2 years ago I begin to wear wigs for the first time in my 50+years. But I wear petite size wigs so my hope is that I can reach out to online
Stores that I shop from to ask them to please think of bringing in petite size wigs for women with small heads. Thank you so much....

alishaw10
2/9/17

I ordered hair from this compant a week and a half before needed. I received an order confirmation but never received a shipping confirmation. I emailed the company to find out when they were going to ship my items they waited two days to reply and then told me one of one of the two items that I had ordered we're not in stock I told them I emailed you days ago that I needed the order in a couple more days. They said they could not get it in enough time so the next thing I got was a cancelled order this is very upsetting as I have a hair appointment and now I do not have the supplies I need to do my hair.

starrc1
1/26/17

Hair Sisters, what has changed? It feels like every time I order hair from you the shipping cost has gone up and I don't rec'd my hair as fast anymore. Don't do your loyal customer's like this. It's too much competition out here for you to keep raising the shipping cost. By the time you're finished, it won't be worth it to order from you any longer, you will be the same cost as my local beauty stores and I won't have to wait. Get a better loyalty plan in place....Your days are numbered w/ me.

lyndak11
1/24/17

I don't where all the negative reviews are coming from. I have been ordering from Hair Sister for several years now and the shipping is always speedy and my order correct!

sandrah106
12/23/16

ive ordered from them twice and received my wigs at a speedy time and the quality of the product was great. I will continue with them. thank you hair sisters

freesiak
12/23/16

The hair I'm wearing in this pic is from this company. I have never had any issues since I've been buying since 2010. I received all my shipments even tho sometimes when I order large quantities I received it in two or more shipments which is umderstandable, they have always thrown something extra in. In my opinion you get what you pay for. If I had read the reviews before I started buying I wouldn't have taken the chance but I know better and one thing I've learned in Live is that you cannot please everyone. I highly recommend this website( Hair Sisters). I don't have to worry about being scammed when I place an order here, its safe and secure.

chiquitaw1
11/30/16

I just received my second order from this company, both times I have thankfully gotten all my products correctly. Word of mouth is something though especially after reading these deplorable reviews; so with that being said I think this is my final time with this company! Also the shipping is ridiculous compared to most sites!

tashaw16
11/29/16

Ordered my wig the day before Thanksgiving. I thought it would've shipped out on Friday. It was shipped this Monday and says I won't receive it until Sat!! I wanted to wear my wig Friday! Lol. Anyway, this place is the slowest I've ever seen when it comes to shipping. I'm use to 2 and 3 days, not 10.

gleicef
11/28/16

I just want to warn customers about this crooked company. I had purchased $ 144.00 in products and was supposed to have free shipping, but instead I was charged 11.55! I emailed and called, not only they were very rude but also refused to give me a refund or speak with a supervisor. I regretted not having researched the company before doing bussiness with them.

reneew36
11/17/16

This company will rip you off on shipping. Forget about claims on missing goods. The 2 person staff never heard of it and no manger or owner to be found. They are Unfriendly and not helpful and only want your money. Go elsewhere with your business.

ryieshan
11/10/16

I've made several purchases from this site and spent anywhere from 65 to 180 dollars each order. UPS has always delivered the package up until now! 180 order andv they ship fedex to usps and now my package had been "scanned" but yet it's not here and all hair sisters has to say is call law enforcement. For a box of hair? Ridiculous. Had i known usps would be responsible for my package i would've never made that purchase.

cw91
11/3/16

I ordered 4 packs of hair on Tuesday, and chose 2 day shipping, so that I would have it on Friday! First they had one pack on back order, and only shipped 3, and refunded me, however they never ask if you would like another color before shipping, or anything! Now I have 3 packs shipped in which I need 4 to complete the style, so I ordered a pack elsewhere, and had to pay shipping there also! I then find out that instead of shipping 2 day as I selected they shipped smart post which takes 6-7 days, so I paid for two days yet they ship the cheapest way to get extra money from their customers. I paid $15 for it to arrive 6 days later. Please use another online company they truly suck!!!!

ashleys170
11/3/16

I returned my item, unopened and got a conformation email that my package arrived back in Chicago.... I'VE BEEN CALLING AND CALLING, no answers?????!!!!! They will not refund my money WHAT DO I DO??!!

natasham28
11/1/16

After 5 YEARS I have decided to end my relationship with Hairsisters aka "Chang corporation". I used to pay $7.00 for shipping and I would get my package the next morning believe it or not. Lately However, they're charging over $12.00 for shipping and I have to wait the full 7 to 10 business days to receive my package. That would be perfectly fine with me except for the fact that I live 30 minutes away! Sistawigs has ALL the same hair and more except they have shipping for $5.00 instead of 12$. Maybe it's just me but I will gladly wait 2 weeks and pay 5$ instead of a waiting a week and pay 12$. My multiple experiences with the hairsisters customer service team have been a joke. Order from them at your own risk, and pray you don't have to deal with their customer service "team" because you probably will not get anywhere with them. I tried talking to them about my order today and coincidentally my account has been deactivated... You have been warned! If I could give them a half a star I would.

What he said.

By Very D. on 3/4/16
Helpful answer

Just had this happen to me..i didnt get any confirmation number or anything..and its differcult to order..it dont say if its being sent or money was taken out..no email woth confirmation on your order..and dont like the 3rd party transaction

By latrina j. on 8/29/15
Helpful answer

when did youorder & recieve the hair on free shipping?

By Indea G. on 8/10/15
Helpful answer

THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING DONE ABOUT HAIRSISTER.COM PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS. I REALLY FEEL FOR THE CONSUMERS WITH CANCER AND NEEDING THEIR UNITS TO HELP THEM FEEL BETTER. I CAN'T GET OVER HOW THIS COMPANY IS ABLE TO STAY IN BUSINESS. THIS CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT CONTINUE WE WORK TO HARD FOR OUR MONEY TO JUST BE TAKEN ESPECIALLY BY COMPANIES OUTSIDE OF AMERICA. PLEASE SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!

By LaTonia A. on 5/17/12

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the HairSisters staff and other customers.

HairSisters?