Review of HairSisters

Niles, IL 60714
Tel: 1-866-424-7747

tarah62
10/10/17

I have not had any issues and I order some great wigs. I love the quality of there products and there hair.

barbarab288
10/7/17

I recently ordered two wigs from Hairsisters. Trying to return them is impossible. They claim they email you the instructions for returning the wigs; and then they send another email saying you never sent in the RMA Request. I reported them to the BBB and Hairsisters sent a nasty email to my response saying they have informed me of what is needed and that they "were not going out of their way to help me". You are absolutely right, Hairsisters' customer service department is incompetent and they have no intention of helping their customers once they get their money. I will never, ever again order from this company and strongly urge others not to order because once you get the wigs or other products, they refuse to refund your monies even though you are dissatisfied. I have the emails to prove what I am stating here. This is the response below which was received from Hairsisters (extremely poor customer service):
We'eve emailed you the RMA requests several times since 9/18 and as of today we HAVE NOT RECEIVED the items here. We're not going out of the way not to help you, you just seem to not be following directions now its way past your allowed return period.

"Again we're not going to send you a label which you seem to be asking for. You have to follow the directions meaning submit an RMA request which you've done an follow the return process which we've emailed you several times but you're not following actually attempting to send the items back just keep emailing for the same info we've repeatedly sent you.

We'll enclose the email chain here again for your records Showing that we've responded to you with the needed information several times. We've also told you as of this Tuesday 10/3/17 via email to send the items back sooner than later and again you have not taken those steps. No refunds will be given unless we received our items here in their original unworn non altered condition"

Is not a poor way to respond to a customer. I have submitted the RMA request and even tried a second time and received the response that the RMA Request had already been submitted. Please, I urge you not to order from this company.

krystald8
9/27/17

Since Hairsister's 'customer service department' is too lazy and incompetent to reply to an email, I will post my question about Hairsister's everywhere that I can until I receive a response. The email I sent on September 22nd said:

Good morning,

I have placed two orders in the past two weeks. I bought a total of three wigs. Each wig pack in the box was open and two of the wigs appeared to have been removed. Are these wigs brand new? Does Hairsisters allow customers to open and repack the merchandise before a return? Does it have something to do with what brand we purchase? I like shopping at Hairsisters because of the Same Day shipping and I've been a customer for a while so I trust the company, but I am a little concerned (since I've began purchasing wigs) with the packs already being open and the wig looking as if it has been removed and replaced in the pack.

UPDATE: The company of course did not care that they sent poor products. I filed a complaint with the BBB in hopes that I'd at least get a response which I did WITHIN 24 HOURS.

I am rejecting this response because: I expected the company to not take responsibility for their products as I've seen on Sitejabber.com and other sites, they do not show concern for their customers, only the money that is spent. I paid for three brand new wigs and all three were open. Period. I have no reason to lie and I would have appreciated a response to my email in a timely manner. My answers were still not answered as the greedy company is more focused on the refund/store credit (more proof that the company has no regard for customer's, just their money) that I requested and not the questions I initially asked in my email which were: Does Hairsisters allow customers to open and repack the merchandise before a return? Does it have something to do with what brand we purchase? I knew it was a long shot getting my issue resolved with this company as they have a reputation of providing exceptionally poor customer service. As stated before, I've never had a problem with Hairsisters.com and have ordered from them for years with no complaints. Not one wig out of either box was closed, but since I did not record myself opening the package or took pictures (it's a shame that now you have to record yourself opening a package when ordering products offline), I am left with questionable products. I do not feel comfortable with this company anymore and I'm sure they could care less (as they've shown in multiple, unprofessional responses written to many other dissatisfied customers). I will continue to post wherever I can, warning customer's about the danger of ordering from a company I thought that I could trust.

BBB, thank you for getting the company to respond to my email. I am sure that if I had not filed a complaint, they still would not have responded.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Your product will more than likely already be open and poorly packaged and if you need assistance, they will not respond. You can read other's reviews and see that smh

missys21
9/15/17

I give this company a zero for rating. Hairsisters prices are for the most part affordable and reasonable, but when there is a promotion, I always lose out because their site for some reason is always down. I always get a "OOPS something went wrong on our end." You can never get to speak with someone live. It doesn't matter what time of day you call. When you finally get to speak with a rep after spending 40+ minutes on hold, you get an attitude. When asked to speak with a supervisor you are transferred straight to a robot and always have to leave a message which you never get a call back. For the past 3 weeks, I left a total of 6 voice messages with no response to date. I missed out on their so call promotions because their site is always down. Coupons don't work! It's their lost. This company is not customer friendly and they need to get their act together if they want to stay in business. Without customers, business cannot prosper. There are too many other hair supply companies out there that I can give my business to and should not be going to all these changes. If you have time to waste and want to be agitated then you can try this company.

cm204
9/5/17

It takes forever to receive your order and then when you get it what you ordered isn't in there. When you email it they respond they have a nasty attitude and say their supervisor emailed and called you which is a lie. Don't even call the line hangs up on you!!!

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello CM ,We do send emails to you when there's a back order item and we also follow up with another email for refunds. As far as it being a nasty attitude in those emails that is far from the truth seeing as those emails are computer generated. Also we never state a supervisor will call you for a back order that's what the back ordered emails are for. As far as you order taking so long we'd suggest you order same day shipping before the 3PM CST cut off time and express your shipping, seeing as we state in several places on the site the FREE or FLAT RATE shipping of $4.99 can take between 5- 12 business days. ( That's also listed to the right of the shipping option red before you select it and pay for your order. ) And our line does not hang up on you, The most that'll happen is it'll send you to voice mail id\f our lines are busy. You can locate our customer service number in the top right hand corner on every page on our site. All of this information was made readily available for you to view on our site in several places a few being the home page, Company policy and even on the several pages/ steps during the check out process.
meccas
8/30/17

Had no problem when I did my first 2 orders. The last one was through Amazon payment and they fraudulently charged my account multiple times. Had to call my credit card company to overturn the charges. Will be reporting this company to the Better Business Bureau for their shadiness.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
WE do not fraudulently charge you if you're experiencing any issues with placing an order we'd suggest you contact customer service with the necessary info needed to look into your transactions.
msparkerp
8/22/17

Bad customer service faulty product sending stuff out without checking their product. I ordered a lace front wig as described there were suppose to be parting space in parting space there was a thick double weft that look as though I had on two wigs. I was told since I didn't report to them in five days we'll I have my own hair sorry I didn't put a wig on sooner it's your dam product you should've checked that stuff before sending a product out like that. No credit or nothing, it's not worth my time just money lost. I will never order or refer any one to them buyer beware. I have pictures also to back up my reviews .

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
We do apologize for your inconvenience, But we place all stipulations online in the policy and in the designated areas to prevent such instances as this. All items come directly from the manufacturer in brand new condition. We never open any packages as it would be item tampering I.E. not in original condition. Per our policy if you receive any items that is defective or damaged in any way you have 5 consecutive days to contact us so we can rectify the situation, you've waited a total of 13 days to contact us. In your case we've also supplied an extension to you so you can send it back with instructions , but unfortunately you've altered the item by cutting the lace. As sated in several places on our site once the lace has been cut on any item , that item can no longer be returned. Again we do apologize but the policy was put in place for these such instances.
keitanyr
8/17/17

I was a happy Hair Sisters customer until I came across this page. The responses to the reviews are very unprofessional. I will not spend another dime with a company that cannot respond to customer complaint's in a respectful and professional matter.

gened18
6/26/17
• Updated review

Hairsisters just responded to my last review with such a complete disregard for the truth that I was stunned. Then I realized what the problem is, I'm dealing with people with limited mental faculties that are liars. Not a good combination. They start out saying 'it's hard to be dishonest with someone who will not allow you to assist them which was the point of the call', what assistance? When you call customer service it's because you have a problem, the person who answers the phone shouldn't be the problem. I feel like I have said this a million times before. When I called your 'customer service' I said there was a mistake, my order was mistakenly cancelled, she said 'there was no mistake You cancelled it '. I told her no, I hadn't then she proceeded to attack me by shouting 'yes you cancelled', then she brought up the RMA which I knew nothing about. Like I said a million times before I tried to explain but she kept talking over me, when I insisted she listen she hung up on me. I called her back and asked for a supervisor to which she replied 'your order was cancelled, get over it' and hung up. Where was this so called help? The next point they tried to make is that they can't just switch things out, your 'rep' should have said that calmly when I called instead of shouting and raving like a virago. Here's an example of how the call should have gone, you might want to take notes here. 'Hello I see that my order was cancelled, I'm not sure why. In the phone message and email... ( the email address was on the billing summary from Amazon. It said use to contact hairsisters if i have any issues) ... I sent, I simply asked that you switch the Sage wig to a Storm wig.' Your 'rep' should haven then looked at the facts calmly and intelligently then said 'unfortunately we can't switch things out once you've placed an order. We cancelled it instead. We should have contacted you and given you the choice to cancel, or return it. I'm so sorry, I hope you'll reorder. Is there anything else I can help you with?' See, not hard. The only person at hairsisters I spoke with was Mika, in our conversation, if you can call it that, there was no alternative given, no other options supplied. She didn't transfer me to a different rep, she didn't get her supervisor, so I'm confused about who supplied these options and alternatives, just her screeching as she insisted I had cancelled my order. The fact that I called and emailed about it said that there was a mistake made. The focus then should have been to resolve the issue with a view towards customer retention. The only time I had contact with someone else from the 'company' was when they responded to my first review. They could not be stupid enough to think after those horrific conversations with their 'rep' that I would trust my hard earned money with them? I went on their site right after that to delete my info as I stated in my second review. They said they deleted my info for me, how sweet! I wouldn't trust these people if I was being chased by zombies and their door was the only one open. I have a lot of experience with the law and have met liars, but these people are the best I've seen. Oh look! Something they're good at. Don't take my word for it read the other reviews and see their track record of deniability. I'm so done with this. Apparently the people at hairsisters have a lot of time to waste, I'll give them some free advice, use thie time wisely to teach your people how to speak to people, how to become good customer service representative's. Ultimately you don't succeed by ripping off you customers, by hiking up shipping (in complaints below) or other shoddy dealings listed in complaints. You do it by owning your mistakes and then fixing them, by seeing that your customers are your biggest assets and then treating them as such. The people who read these reviews are not idiots. YOU HAVE MORE 1 STARS THAN ALL YOUR OTHER STARS COMBINED! That speaks volumes. I'm done with you. Life is too fleeting to spend it wallowing in the mud. God bless.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
It's A little hard to be dishonest with a person who will not allow you to assist them which was the entire reason for the call in the first place., Again SEE previous review comment We've explained to you SEVERAL times that you can not just simply "Switch out" Items once an order is placed we've informed you verbally in written format and directed to several places where that information is available you just simply didn't accept the fact that, that is something WE CAN NOT DO. We supplied the best alternative for you and you chose not to use it. We've supplied you with several options you refused to do any of them you became extremely rude , hung said rude things the multiple times you've called, and now you're showing it in this format. We've deleted your info for you. We have the right to refuse servicing you and we've done just that.
“Horrible, Rude, disrespectful Mika”
6/23/17
• Previous review

I planned to order two of the same wigs. After I placed the order I realized it was two different ones. This was just before closing so I realized I wouldn't get someone when I called back so I left a message. I also sent an email stating the same thing as the message. I requested that they switched the second wig to match the first before sending them out. I said please and thank you. The next day I saw an email saying my order was cancelled. I called and got Mika who had as much business as a pig answering a phone. She was rude from the get go. I tried to explain but she kept talking over me. I finally got a word in and told her as per my email and message I wanted a switch not a cancellation. She told me I had requested a RMA so it was cancelled. I said no I had the email in front of me asking for a switch, she shouted no that's not it you asked for a RMA I don't even know what that is. When I tried to explain she hung up on me! I called back but it was her again. I tried to explain but she wouldn't listen, I asked to speak to her supervisor but she just said your order was cancelled get over it and hung up again! I called back it was still her. I hung up. They just have her answering the phone. It's a shoddy backroom business run by someone raised by animals. Which is probably an insult to animals.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Gene, It seems as the person being disrespectful is you look at the format and word selection of your "review". As Meka Stated to you, you've placed your order on an unauthorized hold in the RMA section of the site. RMA is for return purpose only, that info is listed in both the company policy and the FAQ's on the site, so when you got to that area and "requested to change an color" Which Is also not an action we could do and is listed in the FAQ's and the Company policy. Filling out a RMA request on an order that has not shipped holds your order and we here in customer service can't undo that action. This was explained to you several times and that you'd HAVE to cancel the order and replace it because we just simply do not "Switch" out items. Yes you asked for a supervisor and she transferred you over, you decided not to leave a message and yes as you've stated YOU hung up. Assistance was provided to you, It's just that we didn't do what you felt we should have done which was something that couldn't be done.
moniquel14
6/9/17

Ordered 2 wigs and was planning on wearing Friday nite which worked out because when checking the status of shipment it said it would be here Friday No later than 6pm by FedEx. When checking on the status today(Friday) it all of a sudden said I wouldn't receive it until Saturday no later than 6 by USPS. WTF, USPS......never again will I order from here again.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Monique, It also states before you select your shipping that with this shipping method you've chosen it can take up to 5-12 business days for delivery so if you needed it by a certain time we'd suggest you pay for expedited shipping which is a guaranteed shipping and not use the flat rate option. b Also we do not stipulate the shipping times so if your estimated delivery / arrival date has changed you should contact the delivery company to inquire why.
daniellew51
6/2/17

I've been purchasing from hairsisters for a few years . The only problem is the quality of the wigs that are not made by hairsisters so not their fault. Shipping good, arrive on time, and the prices are always great for me. If I am not sure I go see if the local wig store have it a lot of the time they do so I know what I am getting. The wigs last me fir about two months then I stop wearing.Last thing it would cost more money to get my hair done at a shop .team hairsisters

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Danielle W. , Thank you for the kind words and we're looking forward to continuing to meet your expectations! Thank you so much for shopping with Us!!
leej55
5/24/17

PRODUCTS ARE PLACED IN THE WRONG CATEGORIES. TELEPHONE CALLS ARE NEVER ANSWERED!!!! A PROMISE TO RETURN A CALL IS JUST TO APPEASE. STAY AWAY FROM HAIR SISTERS. THEY JUST STEAL YOUR MONEY.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HAIR SISTERS.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hair S. [HairSisters Rep] Hello, We've spoken with you and resolved your issue quickly and efficiently . I've also Personally called and emailed you twice to which I've yet to received a response to.It just seems as if you don't want to respond which is fine . But to say we've stolen from you and have not contacted and resolved the issue for you is false. Again We'd suggest you check your emails that was sent since our calls to you went unanswered
lalaa3
5/16/17

I live in Ireland so I wanted to order two wigs, one of which I needed in 2 weeks! I found the shipping to Ireland cheapest on this website. I was really afraid to order after reading all the negative reviews but I put everything into God's Hands and ordered anyway. Thank God I did!
I ordered my wig on the 5th of May (both wigs were same day shipping) and it arrived on the 15th May. Despite me ordering after the same day order time, it still shipped that very day and I was notified immediately. The customer service replied an email I sent to them that very day that same day! I was able to track my shipping the whole time through FedEx and I knew exactly when it was coming. It came by the estimated delivery date. It was one of the best decisions I ever made! Very happy!

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Good Day Lala, Thank you for giving us a chance! We really appreciate your business and looking forward to working for you again in the near future.
cherylh80
5/1/17

My first time ordering from Hair Sister and I must say I was completely satisfied. I will definitely order again.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Cheryl, Thank you for the compliment. We're looking forward to working for you again!!!
naolag
4/28/17

i regret ever going to this website. i ordered and never recieved my order. fought for two weeks to have my money back to my account
customer service was really bad. i called everyday for many days and finally got them two weeks after my order. the reps were very rude.
i wish i could give zero stars but i cant.
she went as far as telling me "if your bank doesnt know what void means, tell them that..." in such a rude tone.
i regret trying to do business with you hair sisters. never again

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hair S. [HairSisters Rep] Your order was cancelled and the payment was voided since you did not respond to the email we've sent you in regards to your order. As we've explained it can take up to 3-7 business days for your back to release the money back into your available balance. So for money to return to your account YOUR bank has to release it. WE can not do that for you as we've stated the many times you've called and in the email we've sent to you before you've called. As we've explained it can take up to 3-7 business days for your back to release the money back into your available balance.
idetteg
3/30/17

Like I stated after my order was already placed I was already billed for the billing fee and so P in the billing fee was not a problem because I already got billed the problem came in when I asked you a question and you got upset her about the free shipping and you went behind my back and block me from the page that was so unprofessional your tone of voice your mannerism What kind of business operates like this then you try to change it up in your response you pick up the phone and hang it up several times and never let me speak to a supervisor so if anyone out there order from hair sisters and get you Line they better watch out because before you it was a Caucasian lady that was very nice and always answered all my questions they need to send you back to training this is America or you can ask anything you want in a professional way where are you spending your money At and I was really being nice to you Had I known this it would've been a different story Watch out for hair sisters customer service is poor

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Idette,
As stated on our site Free shipping is for all hair $59.00 and over accessories are not included. All information needed for you to place an order for free shipping and the information needed to return an item will be listed online. If we've sent you the wrong item we'd take the appropriate steps to rectify the situation which is not what happened with your last order because you've received what you've ordered. We never pick up the phone and hang up that's not how we do business you were answered every time you've called. WE do apologize for your inconvenience but we can not waive free shipping for you if you did not meet the requirements to receive the free shipping.
deidrap
3/7/17

I ordered a product and when it arrives i open it and tge wig i purchased was HORRIBLY CONSTRUCTED OMG THE DREAD WIG WAS COMPLETELY FULL AT THE TOP AS A MATTER OF FACT TOO FULL FPR ME TO LOOK IN THE BACK AND MID WAYS DOWN TO THE NAPE PART OF THE WIG ITS COMPLETELY BALD !!!!!! ITS A MESS PLEASE DONT PURCHASE SOFT DREAD WIG BY ITS A WIG ITS A COMPLETE RIP OFF A BIG WASTE IF MONEY AND I TRULY WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! NEVER ORDERING THERE AGAIN

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Deidra
Please note Hairsisters.com Do not make the Items. As listed in our company policy we're an online retailer I.E. online Beauty supply store. If you are unhappy with the items that you purchased you have the option of sending the items back for a refund or a store credit provided the items returned are in their original condition This is also listed in our company policy. We do have a customer service line as well as an email address where you can reach us if needed. It'll be listed in the top left hand corner of every page on our site.
cotonyias
3/6/17

They told me lies about arrival date but they did refund the two day shipping and I did not get the hair until a week later NeVER AGAIN!

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Cotonyia,
Your order was a non same day shipping order Which we state in several placed on the site including the check out next to your shipping options before you submit the payment that non same day shipping items defaults your processing time for THREE FULL business days. So your order processed and shipped on time. The shipping options do not take effect until after the order ships. We see you've spoken with Customer service and it was explained to you that a shipping error occurred with your order and it was shipped ground instead of express, That is why you were refunded for the shipping fee. But again please keep in mind if you have a dead line we'd suggest you do not order non same day shipping items because again It takes a FULL three business days to process before it ships.
laquandal
2/17/17

The past few wigs I've received has been tangled and nappy like in the top very frustrating.. they are always nice styles but sometimes not good quality

rosav7
2/15/17

Almost 2 years ago I begin to wear wigs for the first time in my 50+years. But I wear petite size wigs so my hope is that I can reach out to online
Stores that I shop from to ask them to please think of bringing in petite size wigs for women with small heads. Thank you so much....

alishaw10
2/9/17

I ordered hair from this compant a week and a half before needed. I received an order confirmation but never received a shipping confirmation. I emailed the company to find out when they were going to ship my items they waited two days to reply and then told me one of one of the two items that I had ordered we're not in stock I told them I emailed you days ago that I needed the order in a couple more days. They said they could not get it in enough time so the next thing I got was a cancelled order this is very upsetting as I have a hair appointment and now I do not have the supplies I need to do my hair.

starrc1
1/26/17

Hair Sisters, what has changed? It feels like every time I order hair from you the shipping cost has gone up and I don't rec'd my hair as fast anymore. Don't do your loyal customer's like this. It's too much competition out here for you to keep raising the shipping cost. By the time you're finished, it won't be worth it to order from you any longer, you will be the same cost as my local beauty stores and I won't have to wait. Get a better loyalty plan in place....Your days are numbered w/ me.

lyndak11
1/24/17

I don't where all the negative reviews are coming from. I have been ordering from Hair Sister for several years now and the shipping is always speedy and my order correct!

sandrah106
12/23/16

ive ordered from them twice and received my wigs at a speedy time and the quality of the product was great. I will continue with them. thank you hair sisters

freesiak
12/23/16

The hair I'm wearing in this pic is from this company. I have never had any issues since I've been buying since 2010. I received all my shipments even tho sometimes when I order large quantities I received it in two or more shipments which is umderstandable, they have always thrown something extra in. In my opinion you get what you pay for. If I had read the reviews before I started buying I wouldn't have taken the chance but I know better and one thing I've learned in Live is that you cannot please everyone. I highly recommend this website( Hair Sisters). I don't have to worry about being scammed when I place an order here, its safe and secure.

when did youorder & recieve the hair on free shipping?

By Indea G.

THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING DONE ABOUT HAIRSISTER.COM PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS. I REALLY FEEL FOR THE CONSUMERS WITH CANCER AND NEEDING THEIR UNITS TO HELP THEM FEEL BETTER. I CAN'T GET OVER HOW THIS COMPANY IS ABLE TO STAY IN BUSINESS. THIS CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT CONTINUE WE WORK TO HARD FOR OUR MONEY TO JUST BE TAKEN ESPECIALLY BY COMPANIES OUTSIDE OF AMERICA. PLEASE SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!

By LaTonia A.

Unfortunately, they are still in business. I would not recommend ordering from them. I had to file a complaint with the BBB just to get a response to an email I sent their non-existent customer service. They responded to that complaint withing 24 hours, my other email from nearly a week ago went unanswered.

By Keisha D.
Questions? Get answers from the HairSisters staff and other customers.

HairSisters?