Review of HairSisters

Tel: 1-866-424-7747
sales@hairsisters.com

kaylad68
7/5/19

Good range of products at decent prices.The ordering process was easy and costumer service was excellent.

samw263
6/27/19

I ordered from this company before and had no problems, this time weeks have gone by, I have emailed several times asking for a tracking number and no response. This is not acceptable and poor/no communication. It would be nice to either receive a refund or at least ship my purchase.

joanj47
6/3/19

I ordered my hair worth 469 shipping included. On the 29th of may 2018. I have not received any tracking information the status of my irder is written placed on their website. Ihave sent them an email, sent tgem a message on Facebook and Instagram but I have not received any information from customers service. I even noticed that they have disabled the messenger button on their Facebook page. Or aleast I cant contact them through Facebook anymore. I am dissatisfied, dissapointed and wondering if I will ever recieve my order or have they become scammers?

destinya13
5/15/19

The item received was delivered on time. I have used this site more than 7 years but no problem. The process of returning was no problem.

lisal635
5/13/19

I ordered from hair sisters twice. And got my order about a week later. Shipping is sort of high. But I did get my items and I was pleased. I will order some time in the future and hope to get my items on time.

evelync75
5/6/19
• Updated review

I received my order a few days after I wrote the original review and I had to pay customs of 55$ more but this had nothing to do with Hair Sisters. I had never ordered a Vivica Fox wig because the ones I had always ordered from HS were fine, of good quality, lasted and all cost around 20$. But since, as I had stated in the original review, NOTHING I had ordered for years was in stock, I had to order the more expensive Vivica Fox wigs costing all around 40$. Well, I received 7 horrible wigs full of defects that even an amatuer wig creator would never make! Barbie like doll hair from the 1970's (I don't know how else to describe it) with stitching defects that make me have an "Alfalfa" like bump at the top of my head and you can see the stitching due to lack of hair.
The hair is already of the cheapest quality, at least they could have put enough of it in the wig to cover the stitches!!!
Strange cuts which make the top flat and then the sides spring out like I'm Roseanne Rosannadanna (for those who remember her from SNL of the 80's).
I was so hot when I opened that box! I could not imagine how a black woman could make and put her name on wigs like that, it's just incomprehensible.
I am sure she does not use her own product line.
Conclusion: Hair Sisters is still in business, I have no idea why they do not have their usual full line of wigs available when you try to order and I WILL NEVER order a Vivica Fox wig in my life!
They only good thing is I live in Italy and people do not know about wigs and can't tell I got ripped off!

“A very scary situation in general!”
4/20/19
• Previous review

I placed an order on April 8 2019 for $267,48 to the CHANG CORPORATION DBA HAIR SISTERS of which $91,55 is for shipping as I am overseas in Italy.I have ordered from them before sometimes good (sometimes I ship to relatives in the states and then they send it to me) sometimes not (one order never arrived here in Italy but I was able to get a refund and cancel the order). My order has not arrived and I called three numbers for their company (all of which in the past years have worked) and they are all disconnected. On the site my order states "placed" but not trackable, which in laymens terms means "you're guess is as good as ours"?! I am getting scared because I was searching for another phone number (I sent them an email today) and I found this site and all the negative reviews! It's almost like they packed up and dissappeared but the website is still operating! All these people writing about not getting their items is really scary...in general.I will update the review if i receive information from them. All my items were same day shipping, I used Priority Express International shipping so I think a tracking number should be available. ANOTHER THING: most of the items are out of stock, the have just one color (usually very strange, unusual colors) where as years ago I could order any quantity and any color. I really do hope that they are just having a problem because they are moving to a new location. Because the other option means I have to bother my relatives to get on it and take it to a higher level. BUT, it's only been 12 days so I'll update this review and let you all know what happened in the end. But it's a very scary situation in general for customers!

antuanaw
3/20/19

I needed to return my items and tried to call customer service the phone number on their website does not work and neither does the number on their facebook page. I also sent emails to the address on their website and never received a reply. I have ordered a few times before but my frustration with their customer service makes me hesitant to order from them again and I did not receive same day shipping on this order and my tracking never updated

shanikah4
3/14/19

I ordered items a week ago. Site claims same day shipping but I still have no tracking number. I've emailed numerous times and called that fake phone number which is no longer in service. At this point forget what I ordered and give me my damn money back

chelleb3
3/12/19

I have been ordering from this company for many years. I ordered recently, same day shipping items- it's been 2 weeks with no shipping updates or returned emails or calls. Now, their phone cannot receive calls? Yet, I'm still getting emails from them to purchase new items? This is a rip-off!

jaedaj
3/12/19

I am disappointed in you guys. I order from you guys all the time but i don't understand why it's taking this long for my order this time. I did get an email back that you all were moving locations. But you should've made us aware of that when placing orders, it's going on two weeks which is ridiculous!! Send me my orders and discount something!

yolandam69
3/5/19

I ordered quite a few stuff from you guys it cost me $76 and some cents yet I still have not received none of my products all of them had same-day shipping and then I pay the extra $15 to get it 2 to 3 days i haven't received my stuff yet when I check my account with you guys there's no tracking number.i email still no response I reached out to you guys by phone three times still no respond back. They are quick to take my money but not quick to send my stuff out that I ordered we never order from this place again in life

deidrar3
10/4/18

Let the title speak for itself. Just received my latest via hairsisters. This make my 5th purchase, and I've only got two words to describe my order "Love it"! However I have to admit that I was a little skeptical about the first time I ordered from reading all of the previous reviews posted. I've never been one to follow the flock which inturn gets me into trouble sometimes. In short, I'm glad I'm not. I'm happy with the current investments made, and it's all due to taking chances. I'm a cancer survivor. I've been in remission since 1997. I've shopped for lanefronts from the typical mom & pops stores, but never could find anything that said "me". Sometimes u just gotta humble yourself. If you find something that you just don't like try something different. I had too learn that the hard way. Everything just isn't always gonna b for u. Hairsisters included. Everyone is different. What works for you, or doesn't shouldn't have any bearings on anyone else. You feel me? Just keep on shopping is all I can say. Ty hairsister for making look, and feel like I should. Right now I feel as though I could hit that catwalk strutting my stuff with the best of them. Ty again haisisters!

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Thank You for the kind words Deidra R. We'll continued to work and keep up the service you've become accustomed to!
jannn
9/5/18

After receiving a 120$+ wig after exchange fees the wigs bangs were cut unevenly and short, and the back was so thinned out you could see my own head through it. I contacted hair sisters about this, their associate hung up the phone on me twice after stating because i placed it on my head (to be able to see if you could indeed see my head through it) i could not return it and that i had gone past my return date it took 2 weeks to ship, and upon receiving it i had emailed them and called a full week before. After she hung up on me a second time i went back to my account to message someone else. My password had been changed from one that i have used every single time for years. I sent my new??? password to my email and it was a lonnnggggg spammed password like so FFWJWJS73873SL79UE883. Aka she changed it. Once i changed the password and tried to log back in it said my account no longer existed. I contacted the company who made the wig and they apologized for her behaviour and said they would be happy to help me return it and get refunded. They never replied to a message after that one. Ill never buy from them again or recommend them.

UPDATE: as it seems hair sisters has no issue with a fast reply when it comes to their credibility, but not when it comes to their product let me go a little further into what happened. I had spent 4 days trying to get Ahold of them when the issue occured, once getting through the first time on phone i waited for an email reply from their supervisor to let me know if it could be returned, after 3 days i decided to call again and ask the decision and i was told it was emailed to me which i never received? And since then it had now been 22 or 23 days from all the waiting i couldn't return it regardless which didn't surprise me. I understand chade makes the wig i purchased, but hair sisters distributed it and was not helpful what so ever. I have screen shots and photos of every thing that happened and anyone who wants them is free to personally inbox me. Their phone representative was smug, she spoke over me like many other comments in this section will state the same occurrence. And after the second time i called it rang 2 times and she hung without a word. I called back for a 3rd to see if there was an extension line for the supervisors mail box and the number no longer worked for me. I wanted to test calling with the my house phone and then it worked but i didnt go through the systems to speak with her again i just wanted to confirm they did block my number at least for the time being because it worked again a week later, but i did not try going past the automated system. If I ever, ever treated anyone at my place of work they way this place allows their employees to i would have been written up or fired long ago, and the fact that in not a single instance have they taken any credibility for anything not even in a single feedback comment on this website makes me feel better knowing it isnt just me. Extremely disappointed.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Per the company policy, you have 21 days from the date the order has been received by you to return it, as the representative explained you were well past that alloted time and the item could not be returned. No one hung up on you and you account is still in good standing.
beverlyf48
6/13/18

I have been ordering the wig Mona from the company Model Model since 2015. I have been ordering the same wig because in the beginning it looked great, I was always getting compliments on "my haircut" and many people though it was my own hair. Unfortunately, all of that changed. The last five wigs that I have ordered there are totally limp and the cut is bad. I use mousse and heavy hairsprays and the wigs look nothing like they did before. What's happening here? Are Model Model wigs going bad or is it Hairsisters?

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Beverly, HairSisters does not make the wigs we're just a vendor. If you've noticed a change in one of your favorite wigs we'd suggest you contact the manufacturer and leave your thoughts on the item. Hopefully, they'd listen and make the appropriate changes. I will say this, you wouldn't be the first customer to notice a change in items.
nano2
5/24/18

Horrible customer service. They have no respect for customers. Please don't purchase from them. They will cancel your order even when you make just an inquiry on your order. HORRIBLE!! I have had a very very very BAD experience.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
You specifically emailed in stating you needed the order by this Friday It was explained to you , that you will not receive this order by your desired date and thus this order will be cancelled sine you've made it very clear you wanted the order on Friday .
claudiam70
4/7/18

I ordered and paid almost $182 for a human hair wig. I havent received the hair but it shows delivered to me. No body is there to help me, all they tell me is to contact my local post office. When I did contact the local post office I was told that what was delivered to my mail box weighed only 9oz. But what I bought from hair sister was a 22inch human hair. There is no way that hair I bought will weigh only 9oz. They definitely didnt ship the hair, they probably shipped something else. Up till now I havent seen the hair or my refund. They told me, they cant give me any refund.

marlae10
3/11/18

I ordered two wigs, one for me and one for my mother. I love them both. We both get so many compliments! The ordering process was easy and costumer service was excellent. I had to contact them regarding an issue with a discount not being applied and got a response immediately. The matter was handled promptly and courteously. I
was hesitant to order because of all the negative reviews but am so glad I did. I willl definitely be ordering more!

kikib10
2/19/18

I have been buying from this company since 2008, and have spent hundreds of dollars, and have never had an issue until 02/17/2018 when I had a package that never got to me. I called them and spoke with fed ex that said they delivered the item by USPS. I then called and explained to hair sister the hard time that I am having finding this package. To my surprise they said it was nothing that they could do about it was up to me to call the post office and figure it out. When I asked why they could not help locate the package, I was told the box was delivered, and that was all they had to do. When I asked if I was supposed to do call my credit card and put in a dispute I was told to do what I had to do and hung up on. They then did not pick up my phone call and blocked my email address from there site so I could no longer get into my account with them. There was never any threatening tone on my part I just asked for help receiving my package. Like most companies with good service offer. I will never order from this company again and would encourage no one else to do so either. I now have to spend hours trying to find a package that I do not have a working tracking number for, and the company has treated me like trash after using them for over ten years. Hair sister has the worst customer service that I have ever seen there is to many online hair stores that offer excellent customer service like Sam beauty who will email you to see how your product are.

kazumaw
1/31/18

I WANT TO GIVE THEM A ONE. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE BLOWS, THEIR WIGS SOMETIMES CARRY ROTTING HAIR IN IT, AND THEY DON'T TELL YOU ON THE WEBSITE ABOUT IT. THEY SAY IT'S FOR STORING, BUT THEN WHY ISN'T IT POSTED AS SUCH ON YOUR WEBSITE MEKA????

THEY DIDN'T GIVE ME A SINGLE REFUND BACK, AND THE ONLY REASON THEY GET TWO STARS IS BECAUSE THE ACTUAL WIGS ARE FAIRLY GOOD! THEY'RE ACTUALLY REALLY DECENT! BUT SO IS EBAY, THIS IS NEVER WORTH IT, OH MY GOD.

Tip for consumers: YOU'RE TAKING YOUR LIFE IN YOUR HANDS. JUST GO ON EBAY!!!! MY WIG WAS SYNTHETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
We've spoken with you this morning and explained to you that that hair which is not rotten was stuffing for the item placed in the package by the manufacturer. We've explained this in the most processional and polite way possible . We DO NOT place any hair and stuffing in the items as MEKA explained to you WE CAN NOT place a "warning" as you say on the website that the item may be stuffed with hair from the vendor as we do not know before time that it is. They arrive to us in the original state from the manufacturer and in return we sent it to you in the same condition for we are not the manufacturer we are a vendor. Not one time have we lied to you. This order is very old and you've just contacted us via phone today in regards to this item asking us about the hair( stuffing) for the item. You did not ask to return the item or ask for a refund. You simply asked about the stuffing which was explained. Again If you have any issue with the hair- stuffing in your package as suggested to you , you should contact the manufacturer, They would be the people to make the appropriate adjustments, not us as we're simply the vendor.
clarindaj
1/31/18

Long review but worth the read! In 2003, I lost my hair as a result of having alopecia. Losing my hair was very difficult, because for so long my long beautiful hair was a part of my identify. Id never had to wear weave or wigs, but was eventually forced to do so due to me going completely bald in a matter of months. It was an extremely difficult and emotional time for me. I quickly realized that it was cheaper to get a purchase wigs rather that get quick weaves. After years of going to local beauty supply stores, with limited styles, a friend told me about hair sisters. She was in the military at the time and for her wearing wigs made life a lot simpler. To be honest, I was skeptical about ordering a wig online, but the prices were great, styles were super cute, and the quality was good. Now, I was able to change my styles often and at affordable prices. So, why did it take me eight years to right a review? To be honest the service and products were what I expected from an online company...nothing bad...but nothing spectacular until this past week. I ordered a short wig and needed it relatively quickly as I would be traveling out of town to give a presentation. I found a cute, professional, short wig that I really liked. As I do with each wig before I order it, I check to see if there are any YouTube reviews. They help me make informed decisions and this wig had been given rave reviews. I had to have it for this presentation and quickly ordered it. Sadly, I did not notice the wig I selected was not a "Same Day Shipping" wig prior to placing the order. It wasn't until I received my email confirmation that I realized I'd made a mistake, and I wouldn't have time to order another wig and be guaranteed I'd have it before my flight. It was at that moment that I decided to send the company an email. To be honest I didn't expect a response and if I were to receive one I figured they would tell me there was nothing they could do, but thought I'd at least try and see if they could provide assistance. To my surprise, I received an immediate response from the companys General Manager. After explaining my situation, the manger took immediate reaction. She found out the wig I'd ordered was not in stock, but would arrive to their warehouse on Tuesday the following week. I needed the wig by Wednesday as my flight was early Thursday morning. Over the next few days she kept me up to date about my wig was and ensured she would personally get it from the warehouse and ship it FedEx overnight to ensure I had my wife for my big presentation. She kept her word and even contacted me to ensure I'd be home the day the package was to be delivered. Lets be honest, you don't get this type of customer service these days, particularly in regards to online companies. What she didn't know about me is that I teach and speak across the country on entrepreneurship. I help young people start their own companies and Im pretty successful at it. A few years ago, I had a student offered $30 million to buy the company he started in my class from him. Just Google Taylor Rosenthal or youth offered $30 Million for his RecMed company....you will find me in all of his publications somewhere. It is because of that students success in my classroom that my life substantially changed. I have been able to meet and talk to successful entrepreneurs, politicians, and business moguls from across the country with confidence and always wearing a wig I purchased from Hair Sisters. This recent experience with the company will now be shared with my students, colleagues, and those who come to hear me speak. I am in the business of helping other business become successful, and one of the keys to a running a successful business is to build good relationships with the customer. Like I said; I don't normally write reviews, but this was an exception. I plan to share this review on this site, other sites, social media, and in the presentations I give across the country. Excellent customer service Hair Sisters! You have a customer for life.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hi Clarinda!

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave this lovely review. Our customers means everything to us! We'll continue to try our best to accommodate our customers needs. We greatly appreciate your kind words and patronage. Thank you!
shannah10
12/15/17

Today is 12/15/2017 (I RATE them a 0) Ok so I ordered two wigs off WWW. Hairsisters.com the wigs I ordered I have bought them before in the Beauty supply store. So I knew exactly what I wanted, so when i ordered the wigs it said same day shipping, which I thought I came up I was so happy and the price I got for both wigs was the price for one wig in the Beauty supply store. So I waited and waited check my mail box Nothing so 4 days go by I check and Nothing. So I go on my account to see if there was a tracking number Nothing it just said today and tomorrow date, so I tried to email them and it send me to something that said oops over and over. NOW its been 8 days and I still havent received my wigs, I check my account again and it said todays date and tomorrow date basically this site is full of BS and Im going to see if my bank can cancel my order. I will never order from them again and I hope you wont eater and I hope I read these reviews before I ordered my wigs. I ordered my wigs 12/8/2017 now its 12/15/2017 and I still havent received my wigs. I dont think Ive ever going to get my wigs. Please Im warning you dont shop with them go to someone else. Cheap is not always the way to go

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hi Shanna,
We offer same day shipping not same day delivery. If you wanted to use an express method of shipping or even a guaranteed method of shipping that would have been a service you'd have to pay for instead of using the flat rate $4.99 shipping which has an estimated delivery date of 5-12 business days listed to the right of the option before you selected it.
tondeliahw
12/1/17

I made a account and successfully logged in and out ok. When it was time to process the order my order I got the run around. Hair sisters Happily took my credit card information then all of a sudden it was like it wouldn't process. The site redirected me with a opps something didnt go right on their part.Thats not it upon login it seems as if i didnt even make a account! Im overly confused, Im starting to think this site is a set up.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Tondeliah, The reason as to why you'e received the oops screen in because you did not validate your account that you've just created on 11/19/17 . Immediately after you create an account we send you an email asking you to validate your account , that was not done. Also we've never accepted your card information because you've never validated your account. If you account is not validated the system will not allow you to navigate to card information screen.
tarah81
10/10/17

I have not had any issues and I order some great wigs. I love the quality of there products and there hair.

Response from Hair S., HairSisters Representative
Hello Tara,

Thank you for the kind words, We're looking forward working with you again!!!
barbarab288
10/7/17

I recently ordered two wigs from Hairsisters. Trying to return them is impossible. They claim they email you the instructions for returning the wigs; and then they send another email saying you never sent in the RMA Request. I reported them to the BBB and Hairsisters sent a nasty email to my response saying they have informed me of what is needed and that they "were not going out of their way to help me". You are absolutely right, Hairsisters' customer service department is incompetent and they have no intention of helping their customers once they get their money. I will never, ever again order from this company and strongly urge others not to order because once you get the wigs or other products, they refuse to refund your monies even though you are dissatisfied. I have the emails to prove what I am stating here. This is the response below which was received from Hairsisters (extremely poor customer service):
We'eve emailed you the RMA requests several times since 9/18 and as of today we HAVE NOT RECEIVED the items here. We're not going out of the way not to help you, you just seem to not be following directions now its way past your allowed return period.

"Again we're not going to send you a label which you seem to be asking for. You have to follow the directions meaning submit an RMA request which you've done an follow the return process which we've emailed you several times but you're not following actually attempting to send the items back just keep emailing for the same info we've repeatedly sent you.

We'll enclose the email chain here again for your records Showing that we've responded to you with the needed information several times. We've also told you as of this Tuesday 10/3/17 via email to send the items back sooner than later and again you have not taken those steps. No refunds will be given unless we received our items here in their original unworn non altered condition"

Is not a poor way to respond to a customer. I have submitted the RMA request and even tried a second time and received the response that the RMA Request had already been submitted. Please, I urge you not to order from this company.

krystald8
9/27/17

Since Hairsister's 'customer service department' is too lazy and incompetent to reply to an email, I will post my question about Hairsister's everywhere that I can until I receive a response. The email I sent on September 22nd said:

Good morning,

I have placed two orders in the past two weeks. I bought a total of three wigs. Each wig pack in the box was open and two of the wigs appeared to have been removed. Are these wigs brand new? Does Hairsisters allow customers to open and repack the merchandise before a return? Does it have something to do with what brand we purchase? I like shopping at Hairsisters because of the Same Day shipping and I've been a customer for a while so I trust the company, but I am a little concerned (since I've began purchasing wigs) with the packs already being open and the wig looking as if it has been removed and replaced in the pack.

UPDATE: The company of course did not care that they sent poor products. I filed a complaint with the BBB in hopes that I'd at least get a response which I did WITHIN 24 HOURS.

I am rejecting this response because: I expected the company to not take responsibility for their products as I've seen on Sitejabber.com and other sites, they do not show concern for their customers, only the money that is spent. I paid for three brand new wigs and all three were open. Period. I have no reason to lie and I would have appreciated a response to my email in a timely manner. My answers were still not answered as the greedy company is more focused on the refund/store credit (more proof that the company has no regard for customer's, just their money) that I requested and not the questions I initially asked in my email which were: Does Hairsisters allow customers to open and repack the merchandise before a return? Does it have something to do with what brand we purchase? I knew it was a long shot getting my issue resolved with this company as they have a reputation of providing exceptionally poor customer service. As stated before, I've never had a problem with Hairsisters.com and have ordered from them for years with no complaints. Not one wig out of either box was closed, but since I did not record myself opening the package or took pictures (it's a shame that now you have to record yourself opening a package when ordering products offline), I am left with questionable products. I do not feel comfortable with this company anymore and I'm sure they could care less (as they've shown in multiple, unprofessional responses written to many other dissatisfied customers). I will continue to post wherever I can, warning customer's about the danger of ordering from a company I thought that I could trust.

BBB, thank you for getting the company to respond to my email. I am sure that if I had not filed a complaint, they still would not have responded.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. Your product will more than likely already be open and poorly packaged and if you need assistance, they will not respond. You can read other's reviews and see that smh

I'm starting not to think so. I ordered and have not heard from them. I've called and emailed. No response. Now their phone is not receiving calls.

By Chelle B.

THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING DONE ABOUT HAIRSISTER.COM PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS. I REALLY FEEL FOR THE CONSUMERS WITH CANCER AND NEEDING THEIR UNITS TO HELP THEM FEEL BETTER. I CAN'T GET OVER HOW THIS COMPANY IS ABLE TO STAY IN BUSINESS. THIS CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT CONTINUE WE WORK TO HARD FOR OUR MONEY TO JUST BE TAKEN ESPECIALLY BY COMPANIES OUTSIDE OF AMERICA. PLEASE SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE!!!!!

By LaTonia A.

I had some difficulty for partial return. After buying product, I found one of my product easily worn out. I didn't make a return but no complain.

By Destiny A.

Just had this happen to me..i didnt get any confirmation number or anything..and its differcult to order..it dont say if its being sent or money was taken out..no email woth confirmation on your order..and dont like the 3rd party transaction

By latrina j.

when did youorder & recieve the hair on free shipping?

By Indea G.

VIVICA A FOX SYNTHETIC NATURAL , RIAH SYNTHETIC HAIR FULL WIG 142

By Destiny A.

Same day shipping only means it will ship out the day that you ordered it as long as its before 3:00PM. What really matters is what shipping option you pick. For example we offer the $4.99 flat rating shipping with a $30 dollar purchase or more but that option does take about 7-12 business days and anything other that option can start at about $17 and increase in price depending on how fast you want it.

By Hair S., HairSisters Representative

Unfortunately, they are still in business. I would not recommend ordering from them. I had to file a complaint with the BBB just to get a response to an email I sent their non-existent customer service. They responded to that complaint withing 24 hours, my other email from nearly a week ago went unanswered.

By Keisha D.

No idea. I have lived in US. It takes 3 days in U.S.

By Destiny A.

They do not care. They care about the money. Avoid this site at all costs.

By Keisha D.
Questions? Get answers from the HairSisters staff and other customers.

14 Photos for HairSisters