US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

racheln27
12/5/16

TLDR; never ever ever use GrubHub, everyone who works there is totally incompetent and lacks common sense. Hopefully it isn't a generational thing, because if it is then we as humans seem to be reverting back to primitive cavemen times in terms of critical thinking and comprehension ability.

If I could give GrubHub negative stars, I would. I've had so many negative experiences with them that giving them a positive star rating physically pains me.

I've ordered from them a lot, mostly because there are few food delivery services in my area and GrubHub is the biggest/most prominent one. Every time they mess up, which is probably about 50% of the time (yes, every other order you make will be messed up) they give me a little coupon to be used on my next order. So then I use them again so I ca use the coupon, and then my order is messed up again so they give me another coupon. It's a vicious, money- and time-consuming circle of disappointment.

I don't like writing mean things about services, even if they aren't particularly good. However, I've had so many negative experiences and tonight's terrible experience was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

My name is Rachel. Dating back to biblical times, my name has been associated with women. My name is and has been a girls' name for 4000+ years. But the GrubHub driver who delivered my food to some male (who by the way seems to have thought it was okay to steal my food?????? $#*!) didn't bat an eyelash when the MALE he delivered MY food to claimed the food under the order name "Rachel" was his food. Clearly, there is a lack of competence and common sense in the drivers. Why would he not think to ask for some ID? So stupid. I just hope this driver was fired. The online chat support agents are very nice and professional, but unfortunately all they can do is refund me and give me a little coupon so I can re-start the cycle of disappointment if I so choose at a discounted price.

So here I am, hangry AF and unable to have dinner, because now, an hour and a half after I placed an order to receive food, I still have no food, and the restaurant I ordered from is closed. Thanks to GrubHub, I will go to sleep tonight without a meal, despite paying $25 for one. I wish I could say this is the first time this has happened.

I can't even remember the last time I ordered from GrubHub and didn't have a terrible experience. Good luck if you decide to use GrubHub, may the odds be ever in your favor. If you order from them once and it goes well, never order again because you'll only be disappointed every other time (think of it as "beginners' luck").

julied82
12/4/16

We placed order more than two hours ago through GH, still not here. Been on hold on their phone for way over half hour, and have been waiting for more than half hour for one of their on-line "chatters." No food, no service, no way to get hold of them.

rons107
11/30/16

seamless has all the same restaurants and doesnt threaten to fire its employees based on whom they voted for!!

hillarym11
11/29/16

I have always used seamless but on grubhub there were some reasturants available that were not on seamless. Long story short I ordered from them three hours later nothing call the resturant order is ready driver never showed up called grub hub they are sending another driver and will call the resturant themselves to remake it....another two hours later call back the restaurant received call they remade order driver still has not showed up they offered me a code for the inconvenience which is the only reason i ordered with them again for seven dollars off and big surprise.....again!! my order over two hours later no status has moved mind you the restaurant i was ordering from the second time I had ordered from them through seamless and no problem received my order on time....so DONE never ordering from grubhub again

anushkac1
11/28/16

DO NOT USE GRUBHUB. We placed a large food order through GrubHub at 6:00. They sent us eager predictions that it would arrive by 6:50 or 6:55. At 7:20 we called the restaurant and the order had been ready since 6:45. I then contacted GrubHub through their chat, and instead of responding there, they emailed that they had canceled our order. No other explanation or follow up. We finally picked up our order ourselves. However, I have yet to see our credit charge reversed. OY

annies59
11/27/16

I was in my car waiting for this grubhub guy get something out of the back seat of his car. I watched in my rear view mirror as this rude short guy kept hitting my car with his car door while he was trying to get something out. I slowly got out of my car and asked him to try not to hit my car when he goes back in please. He walks right by me with a dirty look and says.. oh..you say please at the end.
I said..I am just asking you to not hit my car when you go back in. He said.. you are the one that hit my car. I am a self employed small business man. I said..again. I am just asking you to not hit my car again. He ignores me and goes in the restaurant. I go to the owner of restaurant and asked him if this grubhub guy worked for him and told him what happened.The manager was confused and had no idea what was happening. Then the grubhub guy comes next to me and says.. she is lying. she is the one that hit my car. I said.. Are you calling me a liar? I reminded him the scenario of the whole event. He comments that I am yelling and he is a self employed small business man. I said, well, you will not do well in your business if you cannot admit when you are wrong , you continue to lie when you are caught in the act and you refuse to apologize for your mistakes.
I left the restaurant in so upset and ate somewhere else.
I called the restaurant manager later that day to explain to him what happened. He was VERY apologetic and kept apologizing for what happened. He had no idea. I said, if someone is delivering something they should park away from other cars so they can get in and out of their car without hitting the car next to him. The manager for this restaurant was very professional and spoke to me with sympathy and continued to apologize for grubhub's drivers behavior. I was glad he understood my situation. Kudos to the manager at Johnny's burgers and dogs in Tempe!! I would hate for him to loose customers because of the disprespect grubhub delivery's are towards people they come across in his restaurant.

davidt220
11/27/16

Your company has tremendously deteriorated in terms of the level of service it provides over the past 2 years. There are no words to describe how low it has become. I wouldn't give you even one star, a quarter of a star. It is just horrible. You cancelled my two orders today. Last Sunday you cancelled one order too. Since 3:30 pm I have been trying to place orders and haven't received one (two were cancelled).

ling47
11/24/16

GrubHub may have a great concept, delivery direct to your door from the restaurant of your liking, but they have a horrible overall platform for drivers. First, I was with the company just three days before going to, what they call, "driver care" for assistance. The representative on the other end of the phone was rude and malicisously didn't help me when I began questioning her reasons for being so rude. It was just a disaster of a call with no assistance for my situation.

Despite that issues, I decided to give the company another chance. What a mistake! They claim to pay a minimum hourly wage if your quota is not met. But, the underlining trick to that is that your acceptance rate has to be high enough to qualify. Well, that's really not possible when you're having to reject calls that are over 30 miles away from your current position. It's a trap!

This really is not a company, nor a platform I would encourage anyone to invest themselves in.

polym1
11/23/16

Please don't tip your driver with u credit card they don't get that money they use it as their hourly pay if you want to tip them tip them cash

tanyal31
11/22/16

I want to give a review on my resent experience with Grub Hub. Last night around 7 pm my husband and I decided to order food and have it delivered to our home through Grub Hub. We placed our order and received confirmation our food would be delivered within 40-45 Min. 40 min went passed then 45 min passed. We understood it may take a little time but then an hour and 30 min passed and still no food. My husband called and was told the driver was on its way so we waited and 2.5 hours went passed still nothing. So we finally decided to request a refund. My husband called Customer Service and told the rep re want a refund but this time we were put on hold for a very long time. Then got hung up on. Woke up this morning and checked my account and found my funds were not returned to my account. I did get in contact with a rep and he stated he would return my funds so I will give it till the end of the day. This is not the 1st time this happened. This was very disappointing. Its one thing to not have your food delivered but to keep my money after requesting it back is something I wont accept. This is not right what your company is doing.

martind56
11/19/16

I can't believe how bad this site is. I have never ever gotten an order to successfully complete. This time all the could say was this it was blocked. I called the establishment and completed the order in half the time. I will never ever ever used this site.

susanf109
11/19/16

I had a bad experience with Grubhub. Food was cold and appeared old. It smelled bad so I tossed it in the trash. Would never do business with this company again.

kaeshar
11/18/16

I've used grub hub many times for Hong Kong (with excellent service and food) but any other restaurants I order from either they never confirm my order and I have to get my money refunded, or grub hub confirms the order, the restaurant itself doesn't, and I never received the food which then forces me to make a lot of phone calls. Once I cancel an order I can't even leave a review for the place I ordered from originally. I'm very nervous everytime I order from somewhere new. I never know if my money is going to be taken and I get food, or taken and then refunded 3-5 business day. The second happened twice today. Once with the first place, and then with the discount, I gave it another shot through Grub Hub , but nope. Grub Hub either needs to find a better way to communicate to these restaurants, or find a better way to appease the customers taking a chance with this site.

melissac119
11/18/16

I ordered my food for delivery...they told me 6:30 it's 7:15 and no food. I called Mr Taco they said it on its way...still waiting. I will not use this service again. No sympathy no discount and still no food.

saras154
11/18/16

Worse delivery food service! Use any other service.

rylanp
11/18/16

Poor customer service. No care for the customer. R.I.P.

stephanieb114
11/18/16

The Ceo threatened to fire all employees that didn't share his political point of view. This election has really shaken people up and it didn't turn out the way I wanted either. But we are not a communist country and they way this company discriminated against its employees makes me so sad. I could never support them after this very unprofessional they need to be sued .

angieh36
11/16/16

Would never use them. No telling what they may put in your food. I heard if you voted for Trump you may have some nasties put in your food.

johns1512

Best delivery service ever

sharir8
11/15/16

The CEO is an intolerant jerk who threatens employees because of who they voted for. Talking about a Hitler, this CEO has no business for my business. One hateful man. Way to go for being tolerant and respecting our Democracy........well as long as it goes Mr. CEO's way that is. What a creep.

bobp66
11/15/16

However, the management is intolerant and creates a hostile work environment.

moronc
11/15/16

Where's the love in grubhub? Employees will sue because of the moron CEO and deep six this charade.

ericd89
11/15/16

Never, ever, use this service if you value your palette or your hard fought freedoms as an American!

newc5
11/15/16

For years the Left has used the tool of boycotting. Yet, like a gun, it's just a tool; and so we can use it too. Boycott Grubhub for its intolerance of dissenting views and for its outright hatred and animosity of whites since its CEO stated that for whites to want to preserve the ethnic identity of America is "hate." Really? I wonder if he thinks Jews preserving the ethnic identity of Israel as the Jewish state is also hate? Boycott GrubHub until they're bankrupt!

jonathans94
11/14/16

No way I'm using Grubhub. Keep your business out of my politics

25 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jaket34
Jake T.
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Answer
joem218
Joe M.
A: He is just another beta male type hipster with no concern over the treason and other criminal activities by the Hildabeast.
2 weeks, 4 days ago
3 weeks, 3 days ago
Answer
zaner7
Zane R.
A: The people who would have used this service are the hard-working, middle class that got sick of being told they were racist, sexist, homophobes by weak sisters like Matt Maloney.

I sincerely hope GrubHub fails miserably
2 weeks, 2 days ago