US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dianal50
1/21/17

I have always used speedy food delivery service on the weekends. Last night, I had a coupon for grubhub as a first time customer. I ordered through grubhub at 6pm last night, and knowing that it was a dinner time rush I fully expected the delievery process may take some time. I got my confirmation email regarding my order, and the delivery time was between 6:55pm-7:08pm. Not bad especially since the restaurant is down the street from us. Not even a 15 minute drive. We waited until 7:18 to call the restaurant since we did not receive any notice that our order was out for delivery. The lady at the restaurant said that our food was out for delivery, so give them another 10 minutes. We waited until 7:30pm to call them back. We got the same response, so I contacted grubhub. The reataurant told grubhub at 7:37pm that our food was just delivered. It was a lie, and I was still speaking to a grubhub representative when the food was actually delivered at 7:59pm. Just about 2 hours from when we put our order in. Not only was the food late, but our food was cold! It was ridiculous, and grubhub decided to give us 10% off on our order plus grub cash. There was also another mix up with billing after they decided to give ua to 10% off and grub cash. We got billed our full price instead of with the first time guest coupon/promo. I had to call grubhub back to ask them to fix it since they are now over charging me instead of giving me a refund. The representative who was helping me was very sarcastic in the beginning. I was explaining what happened with my order, and how I was now being charged full price. He looked at my account and said sarcasticly, "I see we are giving you a 10% refund here. If you don't want it we are more than happy to take it back." I told him to look at my intial charge and what I ended getting charged with after the "refund". He had to calculate, and do the math then came to the conclusion that I was over charged. I was missing my promo code as a first time guest. His tone changed when he realized that there was a mistake. He fixed it, and that was that. So, today I decided to order from grubhub again since we have the grub cash. I ordered from a place I know is good and we have been there before. I placed my order in at 2pm. After the lunch rush and before the dinner rush. My wait time is between 4pm and 4:30pm. This delivery service is ridiculous when it comes to how long you have to wait before your food gets here. I do not want anymore grubcash or anything to do with this company. I will be going back to speedy food delivery because they have never failed to be on time. With a reasonable wait time, and our food always got her hot. I do NOT recommend this company to anyone. Please look into other food delivery services if you want food delivered right to your door.

khabiram
1/21/17

They delivered the food to the wrong house and wouldn't offer to redeliver. They offered me $5... doesn't fix the fact that I'm still hungry

davids667
1/17/17

Ordered food using Grubhub for the first time. Service was suppose to deliver food with utensils and napkin to the hotel. Food arrived but no utensils or napkin. Seems they expect you to eat it with your fingers. Anyway, called them and all they can say is call the restaurant and passed 100% of blame to the restaurant. Restaurant is pointing back at Grubhub. Well I have used this Resturant in the past and they are great. Bottomline good by GrubHub.

amih5
1/15/17

I placed an order TWO hours ago- still waiting, no delivery- they can not even find their driver- I will never order again and will never recommend to anyone else. The don't care at all that they ruined and entire nights dinner

lisaa144
1/13/17

Worst customer service ever! I do not recommend. Their site can be inaccurate at times and it seems like they don't even know the hours of the restaurants their partnered with. After placing an order, i waited 2-3 hours for it to arrive, only to find the restaurant I ordered from was closed that day. No remorse of their end, all they can do is cancel. The support rep I working with specifically was unemphatic and unfriend. I would stay away from this company if possible.

jb266
1/7/17

While their service can be useful and convenient their service is atrocious. One two separate occasions I placed orders and after the estimated delivery time had past I called the restaurant to find out that the food was ready long ago and the driver never bothered to show up. On both occasions, when I called GrubHub's "Customer Service" there was no remorse demonstrated on their end and all they did was cancel the order. Even when I asked how to delete my account, all they said was to remove my personal information. No attempt to keep my business or demonstration of sorrow.
There are so many other services out there, use anything else but them to save yourself the headache.

williamb257
1/1/17

I placed an order online through GrubHub with one of the participating restaurants. I get a call at the same time that I was expecting delivery from Grubhub that the Restaurant had to cancel the order because they're too busy. A website designed for food delivery that cannot be counted on to do the one function their main purpose is solely for. VERY UNRELIABLE!!! Poor customer service and couldn't care less. Stay away!

emilym116
12/31/16

I ordered grub hub when I was very sick, as I could not even leave my house. My order never showed up. I received an email the next day saying I was refunded for my oder with NO explanation as to why I never received my food. A few weeks later, I decided to check to my bank account to make sure I was refunded for my money. I had never been charged, but I still wanted to know why I didn't receive the order so I would know for future reference what happened. I chatted with a customer service representative, and she was very short and I felt as though I was the one who had made a mistake. She informed me that I had been awarded a $10 off coupon in my e-mail (as if that was going to make up for me waiting around for nearly 2 hours expecting food that never came, causing me to leave the house to get something when I was severely ill). *also, the coupon EXPIRED by the time I found it in my SPAM folder.* I found the e-mail in my SPAM folder. How would I know to look for this e-mail if I was never given an apology for the inconvenience or explanation of what happened? Who checks their spam folder on a regular basis? Not me. So, the least I could have expected, is the customer service rep would have sent me the e-mail again to make sure I had it or apologized for the inconvenience with an explanation. Instead, she said she was "sorry I felt that way" and to "have a a good night." I will not be using GrubHub again in the future. Terrible service. I wish I could have experienced something good as I had heard great things. I will not recommend this to friends/family in the future.

johns1569
12/27/16

Grubhub is known to exploite drivers. its shockingly. Unbelivable. You work 3 hour delivery and drivers makes 10 dollars. Please perspective drivers stay away from this exploitive company. before you ruin your car and wasting your time

lizj26
12/25/16

Let me place an order and then I waited for over an hour and half before being put on hold for 20 more minutes to be told my order was never confirmed and now the restaurant is closed. Terrible customer service and a terrible place to order food from. Will never use this site again for delivery.

kays70
12/23/16

Don't have your service here. It sounds interesting. I might try it. Is it true you are letting people go because they don't believe like you politically.

amstamr
12/19/16

CSR hung up and didnt call back. Called twice more. had to cancel. now im hungry and pissed.

karens268
12/19/16

Used GrubHub for the first time this weekend. Worst service ever. Original food order was to be delivered in 60-70 minutes. Every single time I tracked the order another 10 minutes was added. It was a good hour and a half before the order was on its way. Only 10-15 minutes from my house. Took another half hour to get the "cold" food. Watched the driver's progress on-line and he took the slowest, most indirect route to my house. Don't they have GPS? Plus they force you to add the tip when placing the order. I would not have given the driver as much as I did had I known. Truly, stay away from GrubHub!!!!

robertl238
12/17/16

Ordered from favorite restaurant on grubhub. Got generic message from grubhub to call. Tried calling and more than 5 minute wait on hold (for dinner...). Got cut off.
Order never arrived. When I went on chat to find out what happened, the chat person said the the restaurant tried multiple times to call and text me. Not true- I talked to restaurant. Grub Hubs only contact was that generic message. They also claimed restaurant asked them to cancel the order, because they were missing 1 item. Also not true ( talked to restaurant). Grub Hub claimed they tried calling me multiple time. Not true. I had no missed calls or Voice message. Grub Hub cancelled the order. After complaining, and asked if they would do anything to make the situation better. They gave me a so generous coupon for 5 dollars.
Never ever use again, and I wouldn't recommend using ( also the restaurant also had very bad experiences with them). Seems like dishonesty is a company policy.

katd20
12/17/16

I tried to use Grubhub for the first time today. Waited an hour after placing my order only to find that the delivery person was MIA and our food had just been sitting there for an hour. I tried the customer service line and couldn't get through to anyone. Simply not worth the trouble

bethanyr9
12/13/16

I placed an order for chinese food from a local place through this app. I never received an order confirmation email, and the charge of 13 dollars still went through onto my card. I called Grubhub and received terrible customer service. They said that because I did not have the order number they could not help me and I would need to call my bank instead. This was clearly the fault of GrubHub, yet they were unwilling to take responsibility and apparently cannot afford to lose the 13 dollars it would take to repay me for their mistake. I am very disappointed and will not be using it again.

jenm57
12/9/16

After placing my order at noon, an hour and 15 minutes later I logged onto their site to join a chat session to see where the order was--their site wasn't updating status. The person I chatted with called and said that it should be another 30 minutes. I was annoyed but it was already 1:15 and I didn't want to try ordering somewhere else. 2:00 rolls around and still no food. I got online and started a chat again with Grub Hub and was told that the driver said it would be here in 30-45 minutes. I asked that they cancel the order and refund my credit card. Without so much as an apology, their rep responds with "okay, have a good day" like they could not care less. I will never use them again. Three hours for delivery and not even an "I'm sorry for the wait". I'm not sure how they stay open if this is how they operate.

Tip for consumers: Don't use them

racheln27
12/5/16

TLDR; never ever ever use GrubHub, everyone who works there is totally incompetent and lacks common sense. Hopefully it isn't a generational thing, because if it is then we as humans seem to be reverting back to primitive cavemen times in terms of critical thinking and comprehension ability.

If I could give GrubHub negative stars, I would. I've had so many negative experiences with them that giving them a positive star rating physically pains me.

I've ordered from them a lot, mostly because there are few food delivery services in my area and GrubHub is the biggest/most prominent one. Every time they mess up, which is probably about 50% of the time (yes, every other order you make will be messed up) they give me a little coupon to be used on my next order. So then I use them again so I ca use the coupon, and then my order is messed up again so they give me another coupon. It's a vicious, money- and time-consuming circle of disappointment.

I don't like writing mean things about services, even if they aren't particularly good. However, I've had so many negative experiences and tonight's terrible experience was the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

My name is Rachel. Dating back to biblical times, my name has been associated with women. My name is and has been a girls' name for 4000+ years. But the GrubHub driver who delivered my food to some male (who by the way seems to have thought it was okay to steal my food?????? $#*!) didn't bat an eyelash when the MALE he delivered MY food to claimed the food under the order name "Rachel" was his food. Clearly, there is a lack of competence and common sense in the drivers. Why would he not think to ask for some ID? So stupid. I just hope this driver was fired. The online chat support agents are very nice and professional, but unfortunately all they can do is refund me and give me a little coupon so I can re-start the cycle of disappointment if I so choose at a discounted price.

So here I am, hangry AF and unable to have dinner, because now, an hour and a half after I placed an order to receive food, I still have no food, and the restaurant I ordered from is closed. Thanks to GrubHub, I will go to sleep tonight without a meal, despite paying $25 for one. I wish I could say this is the first time this has happened.

I can't even remember the last time I ordered from GrubHub and didn't have a terrible experience. Good luck if you decide to use GrubHub, may the odds be ever in your favor. If you order from them once and it goes well, never order again because you'll only be disappointed every other time (think of it as "beginners' luck").

julied82
12/4/16

We placed order more than two hours ago through GH, still not here. Been on hold on their phone for way over half hour, and have been waiting for more than half hour for one of their on-line "chatters." No food, no service, no way to get hold of them.

rons107
11/30/16

seamless has all the same restaurants and doesnt threaten to fire its employees based on whom they voted for!!

hillarym11
11/29/16

I have always used seamless but on grubhub there were some reasturants available that were not on seamless. Long story short I ordered from them three hours later nothing call the resturant order is ready driver never showed up called grub hub they are sending another driver and will call the resturant themselves to remake it....another two hours later call back the restaurant received call they remade order driver still has not showed up they offered me a code for the inconvenience which is the only reason i ordered with them again for seven dollars off and big surprise.....again!! my order over two hours later no status has moved mind you the restaurant i was ordering from the second time I had ordered from them through seamless and no problem received my order on time....so DONE never ordering from grubhub again

anushkac1
11/28/16

DO NOT USE GRUBHUB. We placed a large food order through GrubHub at 6:00. They sent us eager predictions that it would arrive by 6:50 or 6:55. At 7:20 we called the restaurant and the order had been ready since 6:45. I then contacted GrubHub through their chat, and instead of responding there, they emailed that they had canceled our order. No other explanation or follow up. We finally picked up our order ourselves. However, I have yet to see our credit charge reversed. OY

annies59
11/27/16

I was in my car waiting for this grubhub guy get something out of the back seat of his car. I watched in my rear view mirror as this rude short guy kept hitting my car with his car door while he was trying to get something out. I slowly got out of my car and asked him to try not to hit my car when he goes back in please. He walks right by me with a dirty look and says.. oh..you say please at the end.
I said..I am just asking you to not hit my car when you go back in. He said.. you are the one that hit my car. I am a self employed small business man. I said..again. I am just asking you to not hit my car again. He ignores me and goes in the restaurant. I go to the owner of restaurant and asked him if this grubhub guy worked for him and told him what happened.The manager was confused and had no idea what was happening. Then the grubhub guy comes next to me and says.. she is lying. she is the one that hit my car. I said.. Are you calling me a liar? I reminded him the scenario of the whole event. He comments that I am yelling and he is a self employed small business man. I said, well, you will not do well in your business if you cannot admit when you are wrong , you continue to lie when you are caught in the act and you refuse to apologize for your mistakes.
I left the restaurant in so upset and ate somewhere else.
I called the restaurant manager later that day to explain to him what happened. He was VERY apologetic and kept apologizing for what happened. He had no idea. I said, if someone is delivering something they should park away from other cars so they can get in and out of their car without hitting the car next to him. The manager for this restaurant was very professional and spoke to me with sympathy and continued to apologize for grubhub's drivers behavior. I was glad he understood my situation. Kudos to the manager at Johnny's burgers and dogs in Tempe!! I would hate for him to loose customers because of the disprespect grubhub delivery's are towards people they come across in his restaurant.

davidt220
11/27/16

Your company has tremendously deteriorated in terms of the level of service it provides over the past 2 years. There are no words to describe how low it has become. I wouldn't give you even one star, a quarter of a star. It is just horrible. You cancelled my two orders today. Last Sunday you cancelled one order too. Since 3:30 pm I have been trying to place orders and haven't received one (two were cancelled).

ling47
11/24/16

GrubHub may have a great concept, delivery direct to your door from the restaurant of your liking, but they have a horrible overall platform for drivers. First, I was with the company just three days before going to, what they call, "driver care" for assistance. The representative on the other end of the phone was rude and malicisously didn't help me when I began questioning her reasons for being so rude. It was just a disaster of a call with no assistance for my situation.

Despite that issues, I decided to give the company another chance. What a mistake! They claim to pay a minimum hourly wage if your quota is not met. But, the underlining trick to that is that your acceptance rate has to be high enough to qualify. Well, that's really not possible when you're having to reject calls that are over 30 miles away from your current position. It's a trap!

This really is not a company, nor a platform I would encourage anyone to invest themselves in.

25 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jaket34
Jake T.
on 11/13/16
Answer
joem218
Joe M.
A: He is just another beta male type hipster with no concern over the treason and other criminal activities by the Hildabeast.
on 11/18/16
on 11/12/16
Answer
zaner7
Zane R.
A: The people who would have used this service are the hard-working, middle class that got sick of being told they were racist, sexist, homophobes by weak sisters like Matt Maloney.

I sincerely hope GrubHub fails miserably
on 11/20/16