Review of GrubHub

Tel: 877-585-7878
webmeister@grubhub.com

coreyh34
7/19/17

I ordered dinner for myself while working at a motel. I put in the correct address for delivery (as I have done several times before without incident). Work got busy for a few minutes, and I was unable to check my phone. Within a 10 minute span, I had three missed calls and a missed text from Grub Hub, informing me that the driver was attempting to get a hold of me. Ok, thanks! So I called the customer service line to get in touch with my driver. They tell me the driver couldn't wait any longer so he left, and I was not entitled to a refund. I never saw a driver or person approach the lobby, so apparently this person tried to call, couldn't get through, and instead of coming up to the damn door of the address that was listed on the order, decided to just bail and, I guess, what, throw my food away? Sweet dude

paulj145
7/16/17

GH cancelled my simple Rubio's order yesterday. They said they were too busy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WTF ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
TOO BUSY?????????? When I heard that I called them to complain. They said most likely it was Rubios that canceled b/c THEY were too busy. THAT'S bull$#*!!!!!!!!!!!!

karena138
7/15/17

Twice I have used this service. Twice I never received my orders. Both times I was charged for them. The drivers were to have delivered to two different addresses. How interesting that both times they could not locate the address. So I was told they gave the food to homeless people on the street.
Grub Hub is a scam. Do not use them.

joanned57
7/15/17

Waited an hour despite being quoted 35-45 minutes. Called. Was told I would be compensated and order would arrive within half an hour. It never did. Got a text 15 mins later to inform me my order was cancelled. Restaurants now closed. They're awful.

susanp190
7/15/17

An hour ago I placed an order with a local eatery via grubhub for my supper. I waited and after an hour the app said my order had been delivered, and it had not. I contacted customer service, they told me my food would not be coming, that it was undeliverable due to a parade. WTF! Parades are advertised events, if you seriously can't drive around a parade route, then don't sell the service to the impacted area codes on that day, and at least call when the order is received to notify me that my food isn't available try somewhere else.

What a complete waste of time. I still have no supper, 1.5 hours later.

gracek23
7/13/17

I'd give a 0 rating if possible. I placed an order through the app. When it didn't t arrive as stated I called the Resturant to be told because I ordered through the app it would take longer than orders called in or placed in person. When the food finally arrived 3hrs later, ice cold and incorrect the restaurant advised they would contact grubhub to process a full refund. I got a call the same night from grubhub telling me they were issuing the refund. 3wks later when I still hadn't gotten it I called back to be told it was never processed and they were going to give me an app credit, which I refused. Then they said they would issue a refund minus the tip and delivery charge. Again unacceptable. They finally (45min later) agreed to the full refund again. I'm still waiting for my refund. Terrible customer service. Not likely to use grub hub or order from Claudie's Chicken again.

marias271
7/13/17

Horrible delivery service and even worst customer service. Ordered breakfast the day before for a meeting the morning after. Food arrived an hour and a half late. After an hour waiting I called customer service to cancel the order and they placed me on hold for about 30mins until the order arrived. When the customer service agent retured to the call she said she couldn't cancel the order and give me my money back since food was delivered. I specifically called to cancel the damn order and she just refused. She only ofered a $10 voucher for my next purchase for my inconvenience. I had to ask to speak to the supervisor and after explaining again, I even had to send them my original order receipt email where it clearly said that I ask for delivery to be an hour and a half before food arrived. And after almost an hour on the phone the manager gave me my money back.

Not worth the hastle. If you are planning a meal for a very specific time, try another delivery company. If you have an issue with your order and need to contact customer serice, make sure you have another hour to waste of your time and be very patient since the regular customer service agents won't even listen to your request.

billeb
7/12/17

Grubhub have recently been having trouble with payments: unprocessable. I called customer service and they said use another card. I contacted my bank and there is nothing wrong with my card.

vickiee5
7/11/17

I have used Grub hub more than once. After having another disaster with them, where they do not deliver all entrees,I call in...they have to leave me on hold 15 minutes to call restaurant to make sure I'm telling truth... oh but wait, they cant get through....crazy they got through to place partial order earlier...the RESTAURANT refunds me for food i didn't receive ....then i realize grub hub KEPT 17$ tip and $4.99 delivery fee!!!! Hahaha - when i call back for 3rd time they explain that they keep that unless you specifically ask for that refund.!!!!! HAHAHAHA really???? After rediculous contact and nearly 2 hours to get things straight- I still had to cook dinner but finally got tip and fees back.....omg

kv46
7/11/17

I get emails with "coupons" from Grub hub offering 50% off IF I order again. So, I order again and NEVER GET A COUPON. When I talk to customer service, they said "Sorry. Please place another order and then email us again and we will refund the 50% off manually. We have no 'replacement' coupon for 50% off."
Replacement? I never got one to begin with!? The coupon is not real. I will not order from them again.

mj227
7/10/17

Tried 4 times to order.. timed out first time.. next time tried PayPal..no go! .. then tried debit card.. plenty of money in acct..no go!!! ..tried calling the restaurant, too far for them to deliver.. tried grubhub once more to no avail!!! I give up!!!!!!!!!!!! Called them and they said they put a block on our order and would let us know in 48 hrs.. I said forget it!.. They suck!

mikes566
7/8/17

Late food, missing items, cold as ice. The restaurant didn't even receive my full order. Driver wanted to know what my problem was, because I wasn't charged for the missing parts. But I was charged for the tip which they didn't deserve! Tips are for good service and theirs is the worst.!!! Couldn't even find a way to complain. Instead they kept trying to get me to work for them. Will never use them again. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR SCAM TO STEAL YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

amyz29
7/6/17

I was given an hour wait time for my food. After an hour and 15 minutes my food still hadnt arrived. I called Grub Hub they said, oops, we didn't dispatch a driver. No ammends on their part werr offered until i pushed. They offered me a $10 coupon, less than my food order. My food over 2 and a half hours later arrived. Next time i will use uber eats. What food delivery company doesnt dispatch a driver!!!!!

susanh265
7/6/17

I ordered 4 lunches with chips and dessert for a meeting that ran from 11:30-5:00. Of course I paid $62 for lunch, ordered a French Dip with extra Au Jus and not only did I not get extra, I didn't get any. French dip with no au jus is like peanut butter with no jelly....just try. When I asked about having some au jus delivered, I was told that they will not redeliver under any circumstance. So, it's a gamble. For me, there are other places with food that is just as good with MUCH better customer service. Bye GrubHub!

nadinet5
7/5/17

Would be nice to be sent discounts on purchases once in awhile. I've spent $1,000 in 6 months and the only offer/discount I was offered was upon sign up..$7 measly bucks! Thanks a lot!

jordanr39
7/4/17

Dear reader, heed our warning about this company, for it is not in self interest.

We are the soiled,the $#*!ed.

I have ordered from this site multiple times. First time I got $#*!ed I ignored it, because whatever it's just a few bucks, no big deal.

Second time I called to get refunded, but I did not get refunded. Whatever just a few bucks.

Third time I got $#*!ed I called, and got "grubhub credit", cool I guess???

Fourth time, I finally realized that I'am an idiot. I kept going back through out the years, expecting actual professional service.
I get it, ordering online is nice sometimes, after long day of work, or a lazy sunday, perhaps a holiday. Just avoid Grubhub, they WILL mess up somehow, eventually, and you will be taken advantage of.

courtneys79
7/1/17

I placed an order at a restaurant that I have eaten at a couple of times. When I received my order and began to eat I choked on a piece of plastic in my food. I then examined my food and found more plastic. I called the restaurant and they asked me to text pictures to them. They told me they would remake the order and I could go pick it up or they would give me store credit. I refused both one the fact that 1) I could not eat that meal again after choking on plastic and 2) I would never eat there again. I asked for a refund and they told me since it went through Grubhub they could not do anything about it. So I called Grubhub. The lovely lady was extremely sorry that that happened even though she wasn't the one who cooked the food. She placed me on hold and called the restaurant. She then told me that she is waiting for the manager to get to the restaurant because he was not there and she would call them back and get me my full refund. She also told me if anything would change she would call me and I do not need to be in contact with the restaurant. And hour later I received an email from Grubhub stating I was fully refunded my money. Thank you Grubhub!

brittneys12
7/1/17

This is the second time grubhub just did not deliver our food. I received alerts both times that the restaurant received my order and my order was being delivered. I called restaurant and they even received the order from grubhub and stating grubhub is having a lot of issues with their system (like this is not the first time they've lost an order). Never ordering from grubhub again!

cannont
7/1/17

Food never showed. Called customer service 21 min ago to reach a resolution; still haven't spoken with anyone just listening to some awful piano music. This is bull$#*!.

Tip for consumers: uber eats has never failed me.

chickenl
6/27/17

I placed a late night order, and my friends and I fell asleep in our chairs waiting for it to arrive. Apparently the store had been closed - but the GrubHub app said it was open and allowed me to place my order. I even got notifications from the GrubHub app that the restaurant received my order. Then another notification that my order was on the way! This is just FAKE automation to make it seem like a seamless experience. It truly proves that those "update notifications" are total LIES and aren't actually connected to anything to show a real order status. Customer support was a nightmare - they said they would be happy to deliver the order today (the next day - 13 hours after I placed the order). No thanks! I made the mistake of trying the app one last time, but it's just not worth it! A tiny $7 sandwich turns into $16 after fees, tip, and taxes. PEOPLE ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT! Call the restaurant directly and go pick up your own food. The food prices seem to be cheaper if you call the restaurant directly as well. Bye grubhub - you're another useless cash-grab.

jackf74
6/26/17

Food that never arrives, customer service that runs you in circles without ever addressing your problems, and the best they are willing to offer in compensation is an apology. If I could give zero stars you can bet that I would.

kenc82
6/25/17

I've been using Grubhub for a perhaps a year very regularly. Their order accuracy rate runs around 60%. I'm no longer going to use GrubHub. I just spent $41 with them, and the food came without any of the sauces I'd specified. When I called the restaurant they told me they could not help me. After that I became angry. This kind of thing happens too often.

carolynm94
6/25/17

Hard to believe that a food restaurant delivery service could be this bad. Five minutes (yes 5) before food is supposed to arrive, I got a phone call saying that GH is cancelling our order because they didn't know that t'he restaurant was closed.' this is beyond incompetent and i am left with no dinner to serve in a little while. Grubhub should really close down and let CAVIAR, EAT 24, MUCHERY, etc, take over; they are all well run and provide excellent customer service. GOOD BYE GRUBHUB; we'll not use your service in the future. Your incompetence is inexcusable.

lorit45
6/23/17

every delivery service has SOMETHING if you order from them ALL THE TIME for loyalty. they give you NOTHING. BUT sometimes they will let you play a stupid game so you can TRY to get something, free delivery, 10% off, whatever, but even then if you guess wrong, you get nothing! what a joke!! sorry GH, your loyal customer is no longer loyal, but obvs you could care less anyway, so BYE!

markl248
6/23/17

Friends of mine bought a gift card to GrubHub while I was recovering from surgery at home. Twice I tried using the website and the gift card, and both times, I thought I had made an order, but 3 hours later, no food had arrived. In both cases, I used the GrubHub support chat to figure out what was going on. In both cases, the support person refused to acknowledge that I had even made an order. Eventually, it turns out that you have to use a credit card to order, even if you have a gift card. The order was for about $20, and the gif t card had $400 on it, so I don't understand GrubHub's logic for that. They need to clean up their interface. It is incredibly frustrating, and would not want someone that is not tech saavy to have to deal with that. It should take a minimal number of mouse clicks to order food. The whole point is to make it easy to order food.

Helpful answer

both. But he is not alone, unfortunately. He only got exposed. Millions others are working in politically intolerant places. We have to change that.

By Jenn L. on 11/11/16
Helpful answer

Nothing. By this inaction I would say to quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k. on 7/19/16
Helpful answer

Ah lucky you, your money should always be good there. Much like Nazi party leaders, CEO Matt Maloney does not tolerate opposing political viewpoints

By Nunya B. on 11/10/16
Helpful answer

No, quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k. on 9/23/16
Helpful answer

This can be expected with a bad company such as Grub Hub. CEO gets his Chub Hub off screwing customers.

By toby k. on 1/21/16
Helpful answer

LOL...no kidding right! How can places take 2 hours to get food to you and not necessarily at a peak time. Good luck! Hope you were able to cancel it, but wonder if it showed up in the mean time. For this reason I no longer use a card but pay cash when I get the food. Hope you've managed to eat something by now.

By c K. on 8/29/15

By toby k. on 11/1/15
Helpful answer

You can use any credit card associated with your account.

By Gloria P. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

A: Company sucks, they would charge you a liter of your own blood then sell it back to you for double the price.

By toby k. on 5/26/15
Helpful answer

It's the typical liberal mindset - a strange mixture of ignorance and arrogance. It shows that the CEO is not very bright and lacks a basic maturity. It's stupidity beyond comprehension to mix a business into politics.

By Jack R. on 11/12/16
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GrubHub