US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jenm60
2/19/17

2 items were missing from our order. Grub Hub refused to deliver the items! We had only 2 of our 4 items delivered.

pauls401
2/19/17

Ordered from my favorite restaurant, but the delivery was actually from a separate pizza place I have never ordered from.. My favorite restaurant was closed on Sunday. Called to cancelled order with Grubhub but it still was delivered. Credit card check required to see if I get my order cancelled.

amandah121
2/18/17

At this point, my experience as a buyer for food through grubhub was a complete waste of time. I placed an order. It was going to take 2 hour delivery so I called and immediately cancelled my order through the restaurant. The restaurant owner couldn't speak English. I kept asking to make sure I wasn't charged and that I would receive a refund. She kept hanging up on me and saying call internet/call computer. So, I ended up having to contact grubhub and open a claim against them via PayPal. They have poor/unresponsive customer service. It's been a real waste of time. I won't use their app to order food again. I've used other delivery services and delivery apps and have been satisfied.

annem127
2/17/17

I have used Grubhub more times than I can count, and have reached my limit. It is rarely ever on time, missing food items 25% of the time, and customer service doesn't seem to hold their drivers accountable for any of it. They blame the restaurant. If there are missing items, they do not replace the item, just refund what is missing. I work at a hospital and we don't get much time or opportunity to eat, so that process doesn't work for us. By the time we get our food and realize we have missing items, it's too late to get food somewhere else. Sorry Grubhub, but you lost a lot of customers today.

codyw18
2/16/17

Iv used grunhub a lot unfortunately because after work I don't feel like cooking and will order on my commute home. All the restaurants I love and eat at, I order food thru grubhub and it is disgusting. I order from whatever restaurant I love, get a text msg saying they are making my order now, then an hour later grubhub sends me text sayin food is on the way expect it within an hour. I get the food and is totally destroyed (like they shake the boxes the food are in as much as possible so it's a mangled mess), extremely cold and bad, anything with bread is all soggy and too gross to eat, and their delivery people are awful. There is this one young black chick that I guess hates all whites or her job, but what she says and acts I can tell. There is two older white guys I want to punch in the face every time I see them. Don't order anything thru grub hub unless you want to spend way too much money on $#*! food and service

chrisb239
2/16/17

The order went though and I got my food when I was supposed to. This would be a win except I made the huge mistake of trusting GrubHub with the personal phone number that I have shared with the restaurant.
GrubHub sold my personal number to telemarketers and they started calling before I even got my food. I will never use GrubHub again.

annyo
2/15/17

I placed an order that said delivery would be in 45 min- one hour. The restaurant that prepared my food said that my order has been ready for over 45 min and they could not get a hold of the driver.. I called customer service and they couldn't get a hold of the driver either.. Almost 2.5 hours later my sandwich was finally delivered.

meganm80
2/13/17

I am a loyal GrubHub user when it comes to getting delivery from places that don't deliver themselves. I have found after using it multiple times that it's very hit or miss. For example, there is one restaurant that always takes the full hour to deliver, and one time I got the wrong burger, but I'm blaming that on the restaurant because the rest of my order was fine. Then now I have found one place that I order from religiously, because I'm addicted, and the order is always here about 10-20 minutes sooner than expected. I've tried a couple other restaurants over my time of using GrubHub and they went fine as well. So my advice is to not let the bad reviews scare you, I'd just proceed with caution until you know how it works for you in your area.

meganl47
2/12/17

Placed order at 8:23pm. At 8:29pm the status was updated to say the order wad accepted and to provide a delivery time of 9:35 to 9:40pm. Food was never delivered. Only after I called the restaurant 5 minutes after the delivery time was I ever informed that the restaurant cancelled or tried to cancel the order. So at 950pm I now have no food and most places are closed. I will never use GrubHub again.

patrickb108
2/12/17

I'm still waiting on food...going on 4 hours now. I've called they swear they have it fixed then i wait another hour....

abep2
2/9/17

If you're okay with food orders arriving late, then go ahead and use this service. After delivering my ordered extremely late last year, I decided to give them a second chance. Guess what? It was even more late this time around. I placed an order for 12:00pm delivery and after I didnt receive a confirmation email, I followed up to assure everything was still on track for on-time delivery. I then received a text message that my order would be delivered between 12:55-1:05pm. I would avoid this service at all costs.
The food from Lazy Dog restaurant was really good. But having to make my guests wait almost an hour for food was a complete waste of time.
I will be taking my business elsewhere!

kevinaa
2/4/17

First time user of Grub Hub. Placed my order online at 5:50 p.m. for a 7:10 delivery time! That should have been my first clue. At 7:15 I call the restaurant, they say they never got the order. I call Grub Hub, he calls me back saying the driver islon his way. He wasn't! Twenty minutes later the owner of the restaurant called and said he'd just received the order and it would be another 25 minutes, I SNAPPED! I WILL NEVER USE GRUB HUB AGAIN! LOUSY SERVICE!!!!

edc49
2/2/17

Late orders, wrong orders, orders that just vanish. I've used this site three times (with two different restaurants) and each was a disaster. It's almost like they're trying to punish you for using them. Well, I've learned my lesson. It's less hassle to just drive downtown myself after calling the restaurant directly than to use this $#*!show of a site and have my food show up cold, three hours late, completely wrong or not at all. On top of all the service issues I had, there are a bunch of other reviews up documenting dodgy payment $#*! grubhub pulls that seems to border on fraud. Avoid at all costs.

giuseppem14
1/31/17

IM STILING WATHING FOR MY $#*! MONY AFTER 3 MONTH>>>>> NEVER PAY MY WORSE COMOPANY IN THE WOLD ...........

deqnm
1/29/17

Are you so lazy that you can not call the restaurant directly? You leave some third party bureaucratic dot com to make the order for you? Grubhub screws up orders all the time and worse when a restaurant screws up an order, you can not resolve it without a new layer of complexity. Get rid of the middle-man, and do the right thing, can call the restaurant directly.

djm6
1/29/17

My food order was received 1 hour late, with an incorrect item and a smaller portion than ordered/paid for. Contacting the restaurant proved fruitless. Contacting GrubHub led to emails and text messages of inquiry, apology and promised discount coupons for future orders. First a $20 coupon, which another employee rescinded. Then 2 $5 coupons promised-but never sent. EAT24 is my only option for the future

samantham81
1/27/17

This company is not reliable. The first time I ordered they were 1/2 hour later late. The second time I placed an order they told me it was being prepared, delivered, and they even said it arrived. When I called the restaurant they said they never even got the order. Don't waste your time.

aprilv10
1/27/17

I ordered online because I prefer not to talk to morons. So after ordering on Grub hub I get a 15 minute harassing phone call, that their website charged me wrong and wanted me to otherwise additional charges. Very shady practices! Already billed my card, have to wait 4 days for refund and no food.

eileenr9
1/25/17

Tonight was my first time using GrubHub. I was hesitant after reading the reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered from a restaurant that is about 20min from my home if traffic allows. My order was on time, hot, and the driver even greeted me by first name. Excellent service that I will use again and again.

dianal50
1/21/17

I have always used speedy food delivery service on the weekends. Last night, I had a coupon for grubhub as a first time customer. I ordered through grubhub at 6pm last night, and knowing that it was a dinner time rush I fully expected the delievery process may take some time. I got my confirmation email regarding my order, and the delivery time was between 6:55pm-7:08pm. Not bad especially since the restaurant is down the street from us. Not even a 15 minute drive. We waited until 7:18 to call the restaurant since we did not receive any notice that our order was out for delivery. The lady at the restaurant said that our food was out for delivery, so give them another 10 minutes. We waited until 7:30pm to call them back. We got the same response, so I contacted grubhub. The reataurant told grubhub at 7:37pm that our food was just delivered. It was a lie, and I was still speaking to a grubhub representative when the food was actually delivered at 7:59pm. Just about 2 hours from when we put our order in. Not only was the food late, but our food was cold! It was ridiculous, and grubhub decided to give us 10% off on our order plus grub cash. There was also another mix up with billing after they decided to give ua to 10% off and grub cash. We got billed our full price instead of with the first time guest coupon/promo. I had to call grubhub back to ask them to fix it since they are now over charging me instead of giving me a refund. The representative who was helping me was very sarcastic in the beginning. I was explaining what happened with my order, and how I was now being charged full price. He looked at my account and said sarcasticly, "I see we are giving you a 10% refund here. If you don't want it we are more than happy to take it back." I told him to look at my intial charge and what I ended getting charged with after the "refund". He had to calculate, and do the math then came to the conclusion that I was over charged. I was missing my promo code as a first time guest. His tone changed when he realized that there was a mistake. He fixed it, and that was that. So, today I decided to order from grubhub again since we have the grub cash. I ordered from a place I know is good and we have been there before. I placed my order in at 2pm. After the lunch rush and before the dinner rush. My wait time is between 4pm and 4:30pm. This delivery service is ridiculous when it comes to how long you have to wait before your food gets here. I do not want anymore grubcash or anything to do with this company. I will be going back to speedy food delivery because they have never failed to be on time. With a reasonable wait time, and our food always got her hot. I do NOT recommend this company to anyone. Please look into other food delivery services if you want food delivered right to your door.

khabiram
1/21/17

They delivered the food to the wrong house and wouldn't offer to redeliver. They offered me $5... doesn't fix the fact that I'm still hungry

davids667
1/17/17

Ordered food using Grubhub for the first time. Service was suppose to deliver food with utensils and napkin to the hotel. Food arrived but no utensils or napkin. Seems they expect you to eat it with your fingers. Anyway, called them and all they can say is call the restaurant and passed 100% of blame to the restaurant. Restaurant is pointing back at Grubhub. Well I have used this Resturant in the past and they are great. Bottomline good by GrubHub.

amih5
1/15/17

I placed an order TWO hours ago- still waiting, no delivery- they can not even find their driver- I will never order again and will never recommend to anyone else. The don't care at all that they ruined and entire nights dinner

lisaa144
1/13/17

Worst customer service ever! I do not recommend. Their site can be inaccurate at times and it seems like they don't even know the hours of the restaurants their partnered with. After placing an order, i waited 2-3 hours for it to arrive, only to find the restaurant I ordered from was closed that day. No remorse of their end, all they can do is cancel. The support rep I working with specifically was unemphatic and unfriend. I would stay away from this company if possible.

jb266
1/7/17

While their service can be useful and convenient their service is atrocious. One two separate occasions I placed orders and after the estimated delivery time had past I called the restaurant to find out that the food was ready long ago and the driver never bothered to show up. On both occasions, when I called GrubHub's "Customer Service" there was no remorse demonstrated on their end and all they did was cancel the order. Even when I asked how to delete my account, all they said was to remove my personal information. No attempt to keep my business or demonstration of sorrow.
There are so many other services out there, use anything else but them to save yourself the headache.

25 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jaket34
Jake T.
on 11/13/16
Answer
joem218
Joe M.
A: He is just another beta male type hipster with no concern over the treason and other criminal activities by the Hildabeast.
on 11/18/16
on 11/12/16
Answer
jackr36
Jack R.
A: It's the typical liberal mindset - a strange mixture of ignorance and arrogance. It shows that the CEO is not very bright and lacks a basic maturity. It's stupidity beyond comprehension to mix a business into politics.
1 week ago