US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

janer69
9/27/16

Grub hub has extremely slow turn time to respond to emails and the responses from their customer service team are very unhelpful. You wait 2-3 days and they don't address your issue! I also called in and the customer service rep kept me on the phone for 21 minutes, didn't help me and then i asked to be transferred to a manager because she said she didn't have enough authority to help me, when the manager took my call she immediately said just send an email to customer service we can't help you. So i wanted 21 minutes to be told to send an email. They don't seem to have a "can do" attitude there. They seem to pass the buck, make mistakes and don't really seem to care about the customer's experience. I would recommend Doordash or Caviar both have been great.

natem18
9/27/16

I am a grub hub delivery driver for their new delivery service. Firs off, the app is full of flaws. There is up to a 15mile distance between restuants and drop off. Not only does it cost more in gas to make these deliveries than the money I earn, but when I call to complain about thier flaw, I get very bland non responsive replys. Horrible customer service and they treat their drivers like crap.

rebeccag56
9/26/16

The app and the site have compatibility issues with IOS. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The engineers are "working on it." This is something they would have wanted to test out before launching since a large percentage of the world uses iPhones. Just sayin'.

nicoley10
9/24/16

So, I went to a girlfriends house last night. The plan was to order sushi and have a girls night in. I ordered our food at 8:15 - the food came at 9:55. It also came with a bad attitude from the driver - and my soup was missing. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
I called their customer service line to voice my concerns, and the guy on the phone gave me a $10.00 coupon. WHAT?! It felt like a digital pat on the head. FORGET IT! THIS SERVICE SUCKS. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND GET YOUR FOOD YOURSELF.

roshanp2
9/20/16

When i ordered food, first the food came in 1.5 hours and after that there were some items missing. When i reached out to grub hub for refund they are saying they cannot provide because i didn't immediately report the issue. They expect to leave the food and report issue once you find any discrepancies. This is a very unprofessional organization. Will be staying away

sl350
9/17/16

Ordered from grubhub all around the united states... even if the restaurant is near you, even if it's only a sandwich, it'll take at least an hour to get to you. Unfortunately, it's hard to find restaurant that deliver late quickly when you get in a new town. Still hoping for a better alternative.

monicap25
9/16/16

First experience with Grubhub was terrible. Order took two hours to get to us even though restaurant was less than 5 miles away and arrived cold. To the restaurant's credit what we ordered was still tasty event when cold. I tried to provide the company feedback and they were not interested. And yes, they do charge you up front so you meal money is in their hands while you watch your delivery times go cuckoo.

jeffr950
9/14/16

Estimated 1hr delivery, took a 2.5 hours. Driver calls us at 2 hour mark saying he's here but is on opposite side of town, blames us for incorrect address even though order said correct one. Says he'll be there in 15 minutes. 20 minutes later he calls and is at an apartment that isn't ours, starts yelling on the phone because he won't/can't type it into his GPS and wants us to explain directions. We have to give step-by-step instructions without totally understanding where he is to guide us to the apartment, the whole time he's rude and yelling. Contact customer support via email within 24 hours, don't hear back, send another email 48 hours after original order, never hear back. Get on customer support chat with them a week later and are told that nothing can be done because it's been more than a week and they didn't receive our email.

Grubhub has shown us a trend of blaming us for issues instead of practicing customer courtesy and vowing to make things right. We were begrudgingly offered a coupon and told that they consider the case resolved and there's nothing else they're willing to do.

Luckily, we're in a big city and have plenty of delivery options so we will not have to use GH again! Definitely recommend Favor, UberEats, DoorDash, Doorstep, Seamless over GrubHub 10 times over. All have great customer service and accept responsibility rather than place blame on customer. If you have other options, use them! Service and support will both be better with any other company. All 3 support people we spoke to were somewhat rude and unhelpful and placed blame repeatedly on us.

Our $15 credit will sit in our deleted account/app forever. No thanks :)

donnab143
9/7/16

Ordered from them many times. Rarely did I get my order at all and if I did it usually was someone else's.
Customer service was rude, yelled at me and hung up.
If you do not get your order or get the wrong one, they'll only offer to refund you (after waiting for an hour for your food). They will not attempt to redeliver, no apology, basically nothing.

allisonk31
9/5/16

Have had orders show up hours late or not at all on multiple occasions.

reynoldw
9/3/16

Do not use this company, I would give them -500 stars if I could.

byrons23
9/2/16

Worthless. They have only driven up delivery prices, and offer no service but to stand between us and the business offering their service to us.

jameeg
9/2/16

By FAR longest wait ever. Really two plus hours for a place to get food from that's 5 miles away??? Use use services like this so we don't have to get out of the house.....not wait that long like I'm at an amusement park??? Oh and when we ordered it said an hour and fifteen minutes and then closer to that time it added another 30 minutes to it to make the wait over 2 hours. WORST app to use. Y'all need to figure it out fast or you will go out of business.

lisas319
9/1/16

Don't waste your time or your money. Wait times at 2 plus hours and additional fees not worth the money. Uber Eats can't get to Reston VA fast enough!!

amandam145
9/1/16

I always order from grubhub app and I've never had a problem, until now

Today I ordered the same thing I do every time and this time around I got no email confirmation, no order number, no text, nothing. Its been 2 hours since I have ordered the food. I got a message on the app asking how my food was but I never got any. I can't ask for a refund because I never recieved an order number so I'm basically out $15

oyoya
8/29/16

GrubHub gets its cash/cut up front at the order, grabs 'tip' to pay the driver at the same time, then leaves the transaction to sort of settle.

I placed an order for the two of us for in-house dinner last evening with a reliable local restaurant through GrubHub, paid up front with all taxes fees and tips.

The restaurant called me upon notification of the order from GrubHub as one of the main course plates was not available. I ordered a different course.

Upon delivery, I was charged for the non-available plate, replacement plate (both not delivered), as well as our non-available delivered shared dessert plate. I called twice to try and rectify with the restaurant, they could not care less - already got the GrubHub cash.

The well-tipped driver (GrubHub extorts the tip in advance) could not have cared less to check the order at the restaurant.

Do not use GrubHhb
Do not order takeout from A La Folie restaurant on Espanola Way in Miami Beach
Both will cheat you and take your money

lindseys25
8/28/16

A complete sham. They don't have links with their restaurants and don't send drivers to deliver the food that you pay for. Essentially a modern day scam. Restaurant we ordered from ended up just sending their own driver.

heatherb127
8/26/16

I have been a loyal grubhub customer for about five years in that time I have had at least 8 orders straight up cancelled because drivers just didn't show up to pick up my orders from the resturants. Instead of calling me to tell me so I could possibly pick it up they usually wait about two ours after my order was put in (around resturant closing time) to tell me sorry nothing they can do have some free grubhup cash or whatever. Only I never once received a free grub coupon in my email. I am done, other delivery services may be pricier, but at least you won't be starving in the middle of the night.

ibrahima111
8/23/16

I created a profile on that web. It frustrates me months ago that it doesn't accept or change password. I got an email of $10 off order $15. I wish I wasn't tempted to use this awful service. Now issue accepting my debt card that lasted one hour. I chatted with them, they offer stupid solutions. Not reliable. Waste of time trying to solve their technical issues if they themselves don't do anything about it

anneb71
8/20/16

If I could give the 0 stars I would. They allowed me to place an order for a restaurant that was CLOSED. Not only did they say they say that I have to wait to get my money back, they also made it seem as though it was my fault that they were closed. Please save your time, energy, and money. They are also always late.

cw87
8/19/16

I placed an order at 6 pm, got the confirmation on screen that the order was received and should deliver by 7:20. By 8 pm, I called the number provided, which is another company - Food For Delivery or something like that. They had no record of my order and told me to call the restaurant or a number they had for GrubHub. Called both, GrubHub put me on hold for ages, meantime spoke to the restaurant who also had no record of my order. Finally the GrubHub line picked up, and told me the restaurant uses another delivery service, basically blaming them, and that they would call and check - basically calling the same number I did to begin with, and they were told the same thing - order not received. Massive run around, meantime my credit card is already charged. GrubHub canceled the order and promises a refund, which I have to wait 3 - 5 days to receive on my card - if I ever do. This is the second time I've used them, first time food was pretty late but at least it got here. Wish I'd seen the reviews here before I used them. I won't use them again until I see at least 4 starts on this site. Recommend staying away from this company.

daveh112
8/19/16

Promised one hour delivery. Took 2.5. Called customer service, took one hour to get through. Told me an hour was just an estimate, saw no issue with it taking 2.5. Disconnected when I asked for a manager

joshs69
8/17/16

They have a very poor performance in taking off restaurants that are closed. Numerous times we have put an order in, and found out 30 minutes after ordering that the restaurant is closed.

jenniferf78
8/17/16

I would give them a zero if I could. My friends ordered a couple of large meals through Grub Hub (more than 24 hours in advance) for my family who experienced a death in our family. They wanted to do something nice for us and provide us a few meals during a difficult week. 42 minutes before the first day they ordered meals service, my friend who ordered got an email that said "Hey there, We have some less-than-ideal news about your order. Long story short, we weren't able to place it with the restaurant. If you have any questions, please call our customer service..." No apology. No nothing. They had contact details for both my friend who ordered, and us who was receiving the meal. They should have immediately picked up the phone to inform us so that we were not left waiting for a food delivery that never came. A phone call directly to them provided no apology to my friend either. Needless to say my friends canceled the remaining orders. It an unacceptable way to run your business and you should be ashamed!!!!!!!

lucianal1
8/16/16

I called them to tell them that my order wasn't complete and instead of sending the food I so patiently waited for the threw money at the situation.

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question