Review of GrubHub

Tel: 877-585-7878
webmeister@grubhub.com

debbieh122
11/21/17

I will never use Grubhub again and I have cancelled my account with Grubhub. This is not my first bad experience with them but it will be my last. They refused to make a second delivery to fix the wrong order which was paid for and tipped on and totally disregarded the fact that I had a household of guest waiting for food. Worst delivery service ever! Don't use them!

raymondk32
11/21/17

This week I ordered from Houlihans in Lawrenceville, NJ and Wings to Go in Hamilton NJ. Both times an entree was forgotten. I contacted the restaurants but was redirected to call GrubHub who told me that they can remove the missing entree and credit it back with the approval from a manger from the restaurants which they both did. Then I had to reorder the item, incur an additional delivery charge, an additional TIP and wait another hour. I did not do this I just took the credit and sucked it up. It seems to me that the missing componenet here is that the delivery service is not responsible for the order and the restaurant is not responsible for the delivery so if a mistake is made, you are out of luck. I suggest that Grub Hub make their deilvery people responsible for double checking the order and then this won't happen. I will never use Grub Hub again as it is clearly a waste of my time and money. The restaurants both provide good food, no complaints there.

yvonneb61
11/20/17

I ordered from Big Daddy's Pizza and entry thing was not only delicious and made perfectly the driver was polite and also ten minutes early !! Would recommend it absolutely !!

ericy24
11/19/17

Order was canceled 40 minutes after it was suppose to be done. Then said they tried to call but no one answered.
BULL$#*!!

lizk49
11/17/17

I was staying I had a hotel close by and thought I would order through GrubHub and I ordered from the treat restaurant a pizza and I added some fries with gravy because you need to do a minimum of $15 to get the discount on your first order.

About 15 minutes before my order was supposed to arrive I put my dogs away in a crate so they wouldnt bark when the guy came to the door. Sometimes people arrive early and I expected that might happen they gave a 10 minute window of the delivery time I waited and waited nobody ever showed up I had the dogs in their crate for over 40 minutes

Finally the guy called over a half hour late and I could barely understand his English. He was at the hotel walking around. That didnt make sense because its cold outside and why do you want to walk around with the food. When you want to take your car and drive to the room with the X ternal entrance?. He gave me the food and I thanked him he didnt apologize for being 30 minutes late I had no idea the food was cold once I was back in my room the pizza was freezing cold and the fries were cold too and fries with gravy are gross when theyre cold.

He didnt give me any plates or anything like that so I cant heat up the pizza in my hotel room I dont think Ill ever order from them again

annam288
11/16/17

They got my order wrong was ice cold when it got to me I would never use this app again and for the money I spent I should be able to enjoy my food but nothing good about this food app.....

cassier22
11/15/17

To run one of the largest delivery companies in the us youd think youd need a comprable customer service model. Restaurants opinions taking precident over customer concerns alongside poor communication is in fact what youll receive though.
Dont use grub hub if you expect to ever have aid on an incorrect or missing order.

al30701
11/15/17

We tried to have food delivered with Grubhub 2 weeks ago. We made a $55 purchase from a local restaurant after over an hour wait we called to check the status of the order- we were told they attempted to call but had the wrong number- then emailed us (no email) instead of offering to deliver or refund us they gave 3 partial coupons to use toward future purchase. Tonight we tried again....after an hour and 15 min we got a partial order delivery. We used one of the coupons and added $15 more to this order to pay. When we contacted them I asked for them to deliver the missing food. They refused and stated they would refund the missing item. At this point I asked for a refund from my original order and offered to surrender the coupons. Instead of refunding me they applied the $30 in remaining coupons to the order I already paid for. Long story short I paid $55 for $26 in food after a second try with the company. Bad service- double charged....refused to correct delivery both times and refused a refund of remaining undelivered food. bummer!!!

alvinr24
11/15/17

Second time that happens in the same month. First time I didnt even get a refund. The second time after two and half hours of haggling I finally got me a refund. In theory...

shelleyl18
11/14/17

Order from GrubHub at 5:54 and they said my order would be here at 6:50. Then I get an update pthat it would be 7:40.i called the restaurant and they said they never had an order from me. I call GrubHub to cancel the order and they said they were going to call the restaurant to see why they havent started my order. What a joke and a pathetic thing to do to blame the restaurant. I told the restaurant that I read the reviews after I ordered and they shouldnt use GrubHub because its their reputation also. They said they get a lot of complaints. I used Uber eats last week and that is the way to go.

williamf136
11/14/17

They're absolutely the worst company that I've ever tried to deal with it's bull$#*! that I have to not only have my order cancelled on me but the refund won't take any shorter than 3 to 5 days and there's nothing they can do about it so in conclusion don't trust this company not worth your time and they will steal your money cancel your order and make you wait for a refund

candaceb19
11/11/17

I just ordered spaghetti and meatballs from this rancid place. The spaghetti was in gluey clumps. The meatballs were undercooked. There was something crunchy in it and the sauce was a watered down mess. It was the worst thing I have ever tasted. I put it in the trash and I called the restaurant. The person who answered the phone said "Well I don't know what to tell you. I'll just give you your money back!" I said, "I'm not asking you to know what to tell me." She then cursed at me and I hung up the phone. I wasted $20+ and I hate that I gave a tip. There needs to be another way to handle tipping for delivery ordering because of disgusting places like this.

anona50
11/10/17

GrubHub - why do you show businesses that are closed? I've tried ordering from east coast to west coast. Regardless of the location, show me businesses to order from that are not open! I wait hours just to find out that my money was processed but my order was never placed. YOU ARE A FRAUD. WHY WOULD YOU WANT MY MONEY AND NOT TELL ME THE BUSINESS YOU ALLOWED ME TO ORDER FROM WAS CLOSED!

andyg75
11/9/17

Great idea but works terribly. Probably nothing against the company but it takes an hour and a half and is always cold and costs $25 for a cheap meal. Just not worth it unless you are starving.

drivers
11/7/17

Friday the 3rd and Sunday the 5th the drivers app server crashed at 5pm local time PST. As a driver I could not log in for just about 2 hours each day though orders were still trying to be assigned. Finally was able to take orders but they were all hours old and very late. Would have been nice to get out some communication to the drivers, restaurants and people ordering food. Shut down the ordering if you can't get drivers assigned. Most of the restaurants I went to Saturday had no idea what happened and had to throw out a lot of food. Keep everyone in the loop? 95% of the time I'm happy but the last 2 out of 3 days have been just the worst and there was an extra promotion going on too for drivers during the exact time of the crash. GH never admits when there are app issues on either side and leaves the drivers on hold forever to get someone who cannot help on the line. Also when you call in, your phone data turns off so you miss offers while waiting on hold too. I love that one. Again the issues this weekend was not the drivers or restaurants but on GH them self.

katm48
11/7/17

As a former employee of grubbing let me throw some facts out there. When you call into gh first dont attack the employees as they are just doing their job and following grubhubs policy. Secondly, I see a lot of people complain that gh wont give them a refund because the customer themselves missed the delivery. GH does NOT refund you for missed deliveries when you dont answer your phone or the door.... the restaurant STILL NEEDS TO GET PAID and there is no reason gh should have to take the hit because you ordered food and decided not to answer.

harinip
11/6/17

Apparently, they have no concept of on-time delivery. The messages and the Crystal ball can be dumped into trash because, what is the point of getting those messages, when they are not honored.
Going through all this non-sensical delay even after paying for the food, delivery fee and the tip makes me wonder, about the quality of this crappy service.

nm64
11/5/17

I drive for Grub Hub. Friday the 4th should have been Friday the 13th. The app the drivers use went down for more than 2 hours. We couldn't even log in or get through to Grubhub. At 7:30 we were getting orders from 5 o'clock. Don't blame the drivers! We were getting yelled at and blamed for everything. I rated 5 for the drivers!

amyc197
11/5/17

Ordered at 415pm, initial delivery ETA was 450-510. Every time I checked status, they had added on another 1/2 hour. At 615pm I called the restaurant and was advised a driver never came to pick up the order. I advised the restaurant that I would be contacting Grubhub to cancel the order. I contacted Grubhub via online chat and told them exactly everything I explained above, including that I wanted to cancel my order. I don't know what's going on with Grubhub lately, I have never had this issue before. Now I see a lot of similar reviews. They sent me a coupon to use on my next order, but I don't think I will be using them again, at least until whatever is causing this problem is fixed

monas38
11/5/17

They never delivered by food... Also, I'm a diabetic, so that didn't help. Will never use this app ever again

marys151
11/4/17

I Placed an order with GrubHub, and they gave me a 60 to it 90 minutes delivery period. A half-hour past the expected delivery time, I called customer service to see what was going on. I was told that the problem was with the restaurant and that our food would be delivered within a half hour. Another hour goes by before 2 frantic and petrified looking women from the restaurant, not a GrubHub delivery person delivered my order. I was told by these women that GrubHub called in our order about 45 minutes before they made the delivery. Evidently, someone is lying, and I'm inclined to believe its GrubHub, and here's why. I paid GrubHub to make the delivery, hence food delivery service. The restaurant that we ordered from does not deliver. Ever. So why did the restaurant workers delivery the food? I also gave GrubHub a tip that is supposed to go to the delivery person, and they looked at me like I was 7 kinds of crazy when I mentioned that we gave GrubHub a tip for them. GrubHub if your reading this, this tip should go to the restaurant worker who delivered our food, not your company. GrubHub gave us a $10 coupon, but we won't be using it. I abhor dishonesty.

crystall69
11/4/17

Ordered food through Grubhub yesterday, got Red Robin. The food had finally arrived 4 hours late! I had called Red Robin durring the whole thing who basicially told me my food has just been sitting there waiting and is cold by now. They claimed they would remake the item when the driver arived, but when i got my food it seems they had just reheated it as I got 3 incredibly soggy sub-par burgers with like 10 fry's each. I also tryed reaching out to Grub Hub which finally answered after an hour of waiting on the phone, who said all they could do was give me a $10 coupon for GrubHub even though I plan to NEVER use this service ever again. Go with UberEats guys, way more professional and ON TIME!

esmeraldab1
11/3/17

The foodler/GrubHub merger has been a disaster! Foodler never had such problems. The GH customer service can be great when the numerous problems pop up, but this week, it just took a nose-dive. Items left off of orders, surly drivers, fighting with and through GH customer service to get corrections made, promises of refunds lagging when they hadn't previously, courtesy discounts to compensate this regular customer for the overall bad night of service promised but not made good on. Even when I called to follow-up, it still did not reflect the promised email evidencing the courtesy discount, on top of the meager refund for the kid's meal that had missing items. By the time I fought them and got the items and promised refund and discount, (the latter verbally) I was spent and lost my appetite. It was like I went hunting and prepared and cooked my own food, which is not the point of ordering this expensive food. This is becoming an abomination that will have me looking for another food service. Too many days of bad food and/or service, with this week being the absolute worst. If you make a promise GH, keep it! Don't? That is called bad faith or worse, just bad business. I need to cut you off like a bad ex.

micheleb82
11/3/17

This is the worst way to get food, Im finding out the hard way. 2 hours since my food was promised and still nothing. The restaurant did their part and now the food is wasted.

jeremyb78
11/3/17

Grub Hub is unreliable. This is just one particular bad experience of many. I ordered food 3 hours ago and it shows delivered but i have no food. the restraunt is one mile from my house.

both. But he is not alone, unfortunately. He only got exposed. Millions others are working in politically intolerant places. We have to change that.

By Jenn L.

Nothing. By this inaction I would say to quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k.

Ah lucky you, your money should always be good there. Much like Nazi party leaders, CEO Matt Maloney does not tolerate opposing political viewpoints

By Nunya B.

No, quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k.

This can be expected with a bad company such as Grub Hub. CEO gets his Chub Hub off screwing customers.

By toby k.

LOL...no kidding right! How can places take 2 hours to get food to you and not necessarily at a peak time. Good luck! Hope you were able to cancel it, but wonder if it showed up in the mean time. For this reason I no longer use a card but pay cash when I get the food. Hope you've managed to eat something by now.

By c K.

By toby k.

You can use any credit card associated with your account.

By Gloria P.

A: Company sucks, they would charge you a liter of your own blood then sell it back to you for double the price.

By toby k.

Angela, I wish you could train others in your company to be as diligent in getting orders to their customers. You sound like an awesome employee!! I live in Phoenix, AZ, and my orders are NEVER delivered in the time "offered," with the exception of this past Wednesday, they are usually only about 10 - 15 minutes later... however this last order took nearly 4 hours to get to me. :/

By Berta L.
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GrubHub