US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

janaiw

Grubhub is unorganized, unreliable and they have poor customer service. (in 116 reviews)

chansea

I placed an order at 5:30 and it said it'd be here at 6:54. (in 353 reviews)

mans19

I got the food I ordered 15 mins before the estimated delivery time. (in 266 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

strongf
7/29/16

why so damn rude? you contacted me the other about an order, which I never placed and kept talking about you not having a crystall ball. I'll never use your service. I never have, but after you did this I never will I would give a minus 5 if I could

kaylaw19
7/27/16

I ordered from hooters off of grubhub they didn't have my order then they confirmed it at 10:30 grubhub sent me an email saying they are making my food with est. of hour delivery way to long. After 11:20 hits I get another email no drivers in the area they canceled my order I can't order pizza now cuz there closed. Moral of the story I called a lyft to go get my food myself will NEVER use grubhub again worst $#*! ever. It's not even worth the one

kristyh12
7/26/16

We ordered from a restaurant for dinner. I got a call from customer service from a gentleman named Nathan at grubhub - he said due to some storms going through the area, the restaurant we ordered from would take a very long time to deliver the food, so he gave me an option of waiting or canceling the order and order from a different location. I opted to cancel the order, and Nathan informed me that I would be getting a $5 off coupon via e-mail for my troubles. He cancelled, sent the coupon and I used that for the second order. In general, he was extremely pleasant and timely and I was very happy with how a potentially annoying situation was handled so well.

margaretn20
7/25/16

This restaurant small problem for delivery this now is everything is good.This grubhub return money every time cancel order never charge restaurant .This food very fresh big portion. Delivery fast .I'm recommend this restaurant .thank you .

billd69
7/24/16

Food is usually good, depending on the restaurant, but delivery is super slow. An hour and a half wait is typical.

dianal44
7/22/16

We placed the oEder 9:23pm online; got text stating delivery between 10:10pm and 10:20pm. We waited. At 10:30pn we called the restaurant and they didn't get the order!!! The guy had no clue about any order.
We called Grubhub, they looked it up and said, we can refund your money. They never sent the order. This is a scam.
We're left hungry and angry, too late to order from anyplace else other than pizza.
These people are incompetent failures. Will never use them again.

traciec4
7/19/16

Bad customer service, PLEASE work on that. We orders pizza and chili dogs. My son said the pizza was good, he loved the thin crust and the squared shape slices. The buns for the chilli dogs were to dense for me.

angelar77
7/16/16

Placed my order at 7:39 pm. At 9:22 they said it would be another HOUR. Ok. At 10:10 pm they called to cancel my order because the restaurant has CLOSED!!!!

kelliep7
7/11/16

I had previously had two experiences with Grubhub - the first was positive, the second was very negative (food took two hours to show up and when it finally did it was someone else's order). I blamed the negative experience on the restaurant, not on Grubhub, figuring it was beyond their control, and the restaurant refunded me.

Still, I didn't order from GH for nearly a year. (Why pay more for the same food I could order straight from the restaurant, right?) Last week, they started sending me e-mails telling me that if I would "come back" (order from them again) they would send me a $5 iTunes code. I got virtually the same message from them three or four days in a row. Subject line: "Come back and get a $5 iTunes® code."

Finally, I figured, why not? The $5 will just about cover the amount I'm over-paying for my pizza. When I didn't get my code within five days as promised by the e-mail, I contacted customer service, who had the bloody cheek to claim that the promotion was to be *entered into a drawing to win* a $5 gift card. Which is absurd on its face. Who ever heard of a raffle for $5? It's just bloody ridiculous.

They offered the iTunes gift card as a gift-with-purchase, reneged, and now they're claiming, after the fact, that it was actually a "sweepstakes". Please!

Here's the exact text from the e-mail, including the fine print. Notice there is no mention whatsoever of a drawing, random selection, contest, or any similar concept:

"Turn the Taste back on with a $5 iTunes® code from us

Weve missed you, and were not just saying that. To prove it, after youve placed your order, get a $5 iTunes® code and download something great.*

Enter code iTunes5 at checkout. ORDER NOW

* Qualifying Orders must be placed at grubhub.com or Grubhubs iPad®, iPhone® or Android apps by July 7, 2016 using the codeITUNES5, with your Grubhub account associated with the email address at which you received this email. Qualifying Orders must not be cancelled. Subject to your compliance with all applicable terms, you can earn one (1) $5 iTunes gift card, which will be emailed to you within five (5) days of placing your Qualifying Order. Redemption of the gift card is subject to rules and restrictions, and it is not redeemable for cash, except in Grubhubs sole discretion. Apple is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion."

This is beyond deceptive marketing, this is fraud. Sure, it's only $5, but it's the principle. I only agreed to overpay for my food with the expectation of getting some of that money back. I'll definitely never use Grubhub again, and I would encourage others to just spend an extra five minutes googling for a restaurant, instead of supporting GH and their lies.

Tip for consumers: Why pay more for the same food? Order straight from the restaurant and skip the middle man!

noemyl
7/10/16

Don't waste your time. Much disappointed; got all turnt for nothing.

xenap2
7/10/16

I order my food 1:30 hours ago. I called the restaurant and found out that the grub hub driver had left with my food. I called grub hub and when they tracked they found out that grub hub driver was at the restaurant and would not deliver again. Upon further inquiry, the grub hub driver lied that she called me multiple times, when I was sitting next to my phone and never received a single phone call. They cancelled my order when I am sick. I have never never picked up a phone call when I order my food and I had left special instructions that 'call me when you are here.' Just Awful. Not reliable at all.

johnb645
7/10/16

Placed $50 order at 9:36 PM. Told 10:20. OK. No food at 10:30. At 10:40 I check my email and it says "Sorry, cancelled - $5 off next time." Great! Now what with a bunch of hungry people. Make frozen pizza. Restaurant calls at 11:05 PM and asks when I will come get my food.

valeriea14
7/4/16

Placed my order at 8:10pm.... It is now 10:01 pm and food still isn't here. This is such BS.

stephaniet55
7/4/16

3 orders in a row. None of them arrived problem-free, and there customer service is non-existent. The online help button just spins and spins and spins, and the woman I am currently on the phone with about my 2-hours late order is actively rude.

amank11
6/29/16

The order is over 45 minutes late. The customer service is totally rude about it. A $10 off next order - really, you think I'm gonna use this service ever again

mimib10
6/29/16

GRUBHUB'S IDEA IS GREAT BUT NEEDS TO BE MORE PRONTO! IT TAKES TOO MUCH TIME SINCE THE ORDER IS REQUESTED!

IT'S NOT THE RESTAURANT'S FAULT

richardr121
6/27/16

I LOST 188 DOLLARS TO A FRAUDULENT CHARGE. LOST ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT. THEY ARE ABLE TO DO NOTHING ABOUT THIS. WAS TOLD THERE FRAUD DEPARTMENT WOULD CONTACT ME AND IT NEVER HAPPENED. I CALLED FOR WEEKS WITH NOBODY KNOWING ANYTHING AND COULDNT DO SQUAT. THERE WERE ABLE TO TAKE OUT THE CREDIT CARD THAT WAS USED BUT COULDNT TAKE OUT THE REST OF THE CARDS I HAD ON FILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INSIDE JOB. $#*! GRUBHUB.

shannonk1
6/26/16

I have only had a couple of issues with Grub Hub, but now I notice
they no longer accept cash. I doubt I will be using them as much
as I used to.

margaretk48
6/26/16

Delivery times are completely wrong and there is no real time tracking. Order from Postmates and save yourself the headache!

ladejahc
6/25/16

My food arrived 5 minutes after it said it would . Its was hot and tasted wonderful

novab
6/25/16

Figured the first try was a fluke when our food arrived cold and pasty (three hours scheduled) so seven months later we gave it another try - worse result. An hour delivery time turned into 2 with us calling at 2 to find out what happened - only to be told "we are making it now". Another hour - nothing. We've eaten toast and refused the food/charge.

rosaf5
6/24/16

I don't usually write negative reviews, but GrubHub is a deserving exception. Dismal waiting times, cold food, restaurants that react with apathy and sometimes even rudeness when you call for status, and waaaaay too expen $$ive for the level of service they offer. Call tje restaurant dierctly and Get your food for pickup. If they only offer delivery through this sute, Run! And call another restaurant.

rebeccan27
6/23/16

We decided to use GrubHub for an order from a restaurant that we frequent. 30 min after we placed the order, the owner of the restaurant called us to tell us our order was ready and the driver was still 45 minutes out! If you are ordering from them, the reason your food doesn't taste as good isn't the restaurants fault...it's GrubHub. They are terrible.

judithb33
6/22/16

The absolute worst, impolite, insulting unintelligent,untrained and totally unacceptable customer service I have ever encountered in my entire life. I was hung up on five times in one day trying to make a complaint about a place I had ordered faithfully from for three months, but for some reason, the owner went nuts and told me " find another place to order from".

He did this intentionally because in the 3 months of ordering the same thing for breakfast, the eggs easy over were hard as a rock. Otherwise the food was fantastic. I found his behaviour to be so highly insulting to a loyal customer- I couldn't believe it. Then I called my lawyer, and the restaurant just stopped answering all phone calls.

When I callled Grubhub customer service, I was hung up on at least five times. My lawyer had the same experience. I will be crossing them off my list. This is not the way you treat longstanding customers who tip well the delevery people!

merra
6/22/16

They suck don't use them waited an hour then I called for them to tell me the food was set for pick up so I ask the lady if I can get it for delivery she says she will set that up hour later I check again to find out the lady never did $#*! two hours and still no food $#*! grubhub ruined my dinner and it's always $#*!ing cold food even if I order hot soup!!!!

16 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question