Review of GrubHub

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mannyc6
5/28/17

I'm very satisfied with GRUBhub and i have order many times with GRubhub very amazing service and also on time every time. Delicious food option are amazing. IN addition their drivers are very professional and take the extra mile to make sure that your food arrives fast. In addition their drivers are treated well and you have a tipping option unlike other option such as UBER EATS that do no tip their drivers and exploit them.

bellab28
5/28/17

I placed an order at 2 and didn't have my order at 4. Called the restaurant and they stated my food was ready 20 minutes after I ordered it, and it was cold by now. Called Grub Hub to find out an update and found my order was pushed back 2 more hours but they count tell me why. They person on the phone didn't understand why I wanted to cancel my order. If you want cold food long after you order it, they go with Grub Hub, they will not disappoint.

keysg
5/27/17

My name is Keisha I $#*!ing ordered food from them the expected delivery time says 8- 820 unfortunately they came around 7
They came they claimed they called n I received no call I got an email saying they were here I called to see if they can bring my food back or refund my money
THE $#*! OTP GONE TELL ME THEY MADE THE FOOD THEY CAME N I DIDNT ANSWER MY PHONE AND THEY GOTTA GET PAID FOR THEY HARD WORK
WHAT KINDA $#*!ING BUSINESS IS THIS I SPEND 37$ on food and they made no effort into satisfying their customer
HORRIBLE SERVICE NEVER AGAIN WOULD I WASTE MY TIME

tammys105
5/26/17

I used for a work function in Portland OR--food was over 1.5 hrs late. Tried tonite in AZ ordered at 7:26 with eta of 8:25-8:35. Got a nice little text at 8:47 that order had been delivered when in fact it had not. Never again my friend do not recommend!

taylorw46
5/26/17

I decided to try out ordering from GrubHub to see what it was like. I ordered 3 items from a nearby BBQ restaurant. The driver came about an hour later, handed me a small bag then turned around and quickly left. When i checked my bag I only had one of the 3 items that cost $8 when I paid $32. I immediately contacted their support who eventually sent me a coupon for $15 off my next order. So i paid $17 for $8 of food and that was somehow acceptable to them. This website is a SCAM do not use them.

junel32
5/25/17

No explanation - after telling me the delivery guy was at my residence, they said they had no idea what happened to him and had to cancel my order. We were quite hungry having not eaten for hours and then waited another 1.5 hours for food before being told, "Sorry - no clue. Here's a refund + credit." Don't use this service!!

tamaraj15
5/24/17

Not doing this again. They make it seem like the delivery is free, then in small print next page you find out the delivery charge... customer service put me on hold for over min. Not happy with the service at all.

jayp92
5/23/17

The food went to the wrong hotel. I never got my food. Instead of giving me a refund, they gave me a "credit" for $27.11 that I have 2 weeks to use. In other words, I am going to eat the cost of that meal. Thanks?

lyanam
5/22/17

Food arrived an hour late and very cold. I paid $33 for the order, and they gave me a coupon for $7. Their CS agent logged out of the chat before checking if I was done talking. Super rude. They just lost a client.

corym29
5/21/17

Grubhub should go out of business with UberEATS hitting the scene. I have had 3 orders now in which they use a crappy restaurant that is 3 hours late with my order. My order tonight was just not confirmed with the restaurant, and no notification. Customer service didn't even offer anything!! They suck!

amyr124
5/19/17

We ordered, payed, received confirmation, then got a call from the restaurant saying they don't deliver to our area. Tried to get a refund and was told it will take 5 days. Then, GrubHub says if the restaurant doesn't deliver, they will...oh, only if they WANT TO. You would think they would be able to figure a way to know the companies they deal with delivery areas so you don't spend $50 to be denied. And, whoever they contract to be their drivers should be bound by the GrubHub contract to deliver. We were told, well it's up to them if they want to...we are only .25 miles out of deliver area to begin with. Never again, do not recommend

mindyb11
5/19/17

Twice in one week!! I was hopeful I would get good service. The driver took 45 minutes to drive 1 mile and called to ask me to meet them. Hmm - I paid for a delivery fee and tip! When I told them where to park they took an extra 15 minutes. So GrubHub gave me a $5.00 coupon. Tried again today. Driver actually came to my office but after a 45 minute drive the food was cold and she brought the wrong food. I let GrubHub know - they blamed the restaurant - and then said they would issue a refund for the missing food. They do issue a refund - less the $5.00 coupon I used for previous bad service. They can't seem to get their act together. BUH-BYE Grubby GrubHub!

brendas135
5/17/17

Places an order a day ahead of time and scheduled to me delivered between meetings (11:30a.m.). Did not show up until 12:30pm. Food was cold. I called the restaurant to make sure it wasn't there fault, but they had the food ready and waiting. WILL NEVER USE THIS SERVICE AGAIN!

maryb446
5/16/17

Unless you are in a wheelchair, do not use this service. I ordered for a dinner party. The order was made around 5pm. We didn't get the food until approximately 8pm. After the delivery guy left, we discovered that the order was incomplete. I called immediately and was told that delivery was closed and they could not do anything about it. (At this point, it was only 8:15 on a Saturday.) They were willing to refund the cost of the item they did not deliver and credited us for $6 for delivery. The thing is that WE PAID ALMOST $35 FOR DELIVERY. THE ONLY SERVICE THIS COMPANY PROVIDES IS DELIVERY. The attitude of the customer service person (Leola out of Sacramento) was appalling. Essentially, she said "tough luck". The worst!!!

scarlett63
5/15/17

I ordered food from their site, the restaurant didn't have what I ordered, they waited 30 minutes to call me to tell me they didn't have what I ordered. so they cancelled my order after 30 MINUTES ARE YOU KIDDING ME

nicolek50
5/14/17

I just had the worst experience with Grubhub. Ordered from Vitality Bowls in Denver, fantastic place, and an hour after my order was placed and confirmed with Grubhub through email I received a call from Vitality saying they had tried Grubhub three times over the phone and there was still not a driver assigned to our order. ONE FULL HOUR later, there is not a driver assigned. This is your business model, Grubhub, literally, this is what you do...assign drivers to online food orders to make your customers' lives easier and to bring business to local restaurants. I then choose to call Grubhub and after waiting on hold for 32 minutes, we drove to Vitality Bowls to pick up our order which they graciously remade for us. In the process they recommended we only use UberEats as this was the second identical instance they had with Grubhub within the last week where a driver was not assigned. I never had a representative come back on the phone from Grubhub, giving up. I have lived in NYC and used Seamless with fantastic results. I have used Grubhub many times in Denver, and while never measuring up to Seamless, it did the trick...until now. Grubhub, you and your lack of customer service have lost a customer, and have gained a dissenter to every person and business I speak with that deals with delivery and takeout.

gabriellem15
5/14/17

Don't use this service. They're customer sets is bad and do not know what they are doing! Use uber eats

franka76
5/14/17

Ordered a meal online and confirmed the order. I find out 45 minutes later the restaurant is CLOSED!! I called grub hub and was put on hold for 5 minutes. They come back and say sorry no one is answering. We will cancel your order. THATS IT! REALLY!!! Customer care team needs to reevaluate their training in order to add actual customer care!

kimh189
5/14/17

If I could rate below one star I would. We have used this service at least 20 times and have given them chance after chance. Overtime we are missing an item or they are not communicating the notes to the restaurant correctly. Typically it is Tropical Grill Cafe in Alpharetta. I blame the restaurant however Grubhubs Customer Services is not helpful. They are rude and they REFUSE to refund items that are missing or incorrect. Tonight both Grubhub refused and Tropical Grill Cafe refused, so we paid for 5 people to et an only 4 were able to eat. Of course the mom made sure everyone ate. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY Grubhub and Tropical Grill Cafe, the mom did not eat tonight.

mikaylab4
5/10/17

i orders bbq through grubhub the woman took half our order took our brisket from the container pretty much too half of our food and we called $#*!eys to see where our food was the manager had personally packaged our food and he said everything was in the bag and it shouldve arrived but it didnt .

tjm13
5/10/17

Worst company ever. Took my order, made me wait for 3 hours and then cancel it without notice, no reason. No one could give me an answer. Anyway, first and last time using it.

azih
5/8/17

This company is a fraud!!! I ordered 3 salads from them. It was never delivered. They do not have a customer service phone number. When I emailed them, they indicated that the delivery man was not able to get a hold of me so they left after 5 minuets. Meantime, my phone was right next to me..no missed call!! They were extremely rude and refused to refund me my money!!! I have friends who have had similar experiences. I've erased their app and will be spreading the word to whom ever will listen! Horrible, horrible, horrible customer service!!! DO NOT USE!

kimb1537
5/7/17

First and last time I use GrubHub, I ordered and heard nothing after "your order is cooking". It simply never arrived. When I called the restaurant, they pretended to have no idea what I was talking about. Really would have appreciated some dinner as I was at work until 11:00pm :(

ianl39
5/5/17

Have used grubhub twice, over both orders we have been shorted over 50 dollars worth of food, the second time we ordered the food was completely mixed up, half of what i wanted in half of what my wife wanted. Feel like i have been robbed... twice.

elizabethp121
5/5/17

We placed our order at 10am, knowing it would be a busy day, with delivery set for noon. Noon comes and goes. We check the website for tracking to see that the delivery is set for 12:10-12:20 or 12:35-12:45. We call GrubHub only to find out that our order was canceled. GrubHub dispatch cancelled our order without letting anyone know! I even received an email and text stating the order was being placed and on the way from GrubHub. I am extremely disappointed in the service and will not be using them again. There are so many other delivery services out there. GrubHub is not worth the hassle.

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 2/15/15
on 11/8/15
on 5/14/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GrubHub