Review of GrubHub

Tel: 877-585-7878
webmeister@grubhub.com

melt203
9/24/17

I have been using Orderup app forever. So when l logged into it only to be told I had to now download Grubhub. I was annoyed but fine. I go through that process only to see that none of the places I ordered from on orderup are available on Grubhub. There were like 2 places to order from for breakfast on grubhub vs. the 20 I'd see on Orderup. I don't see what they were thinking. You acquire a company with more selection and customers than you have, pay all that money, but do not have the infrastructure to move the restaurants over to grubhub so as to not disrupt continuity too much from orderup and it's customers. Or at least wait until you have it together before shutting down orderup. Long story short, I downloaded uberEats and now that they allow tipping, I have been all about it.

briane57
9/23/17

Ordered breakfast from a local place. Arrived way cold, beyond delivery cold.... The eggs were runny cold and I ordered scrambled. Called GrubHub to get a redelivery and was met with the worst kind of customer service imaginable. All the way up to supervisors who refused to deliver a new order to me. They basically said cold was acceptable to them. Wouldnt give a refund, only offered $5 off my next order. My next call was the bank who reversed the charge no questions asked. Never ordering from them again!!!!!!! #BadCompany

evelyng34
9/23/17

GrubHub has sunk to the bottom of the barrel. They have consistently told lies about my order being "on the way" when in fact it is not. For the second time, my husband and I have waited over TWO hours for our food and still nothing. I thought the first time was a fluke and that I should give them another chance. Bad choice. Once again they say "oh order will be there in 15 mins", then I call back and they say they are sorry, it will be 5 more mins. I call the actual restaurant and it turns out they didn't have a delivery driver, had to call someone in, and that it would be another 20 MINS.

Needless to say, I canceled my order. Nothing is worse than a hungry, angry customer. If grubHub would have just told the truth about timing of delivery, I would have canceled and actually had breakfast somewhere.

Don't bother with GrubHub - they are terrible and have gotten progressively worse over the years.

susyw2
9/22/17

Their customer service is beyond ridiculous. I waited over two hours to be told that no one was dispatched. They offered me 10 whole dollars fire my $40 order that ended up being cancelled. Will never do business with them again.

susant153
9/22/17

1st time trying Grubhub because I didn't want to drive to the restaurant. Food took almost an hour and the order was missing items. I called and they said there policy was to not redelivir any missing items but did credit the tip, delivery fee and missing item. I asked if the driver wasn't responsible for checking an order before they left the restaurant and they replied yes but they still don't redeliver. Tried and not impressed. Sadly will not use again. First impression was very poor

jamesl340
9/22/17

Our delivery person lacked the know-how to deliver anything regarding value. The timing was way off. Please know your business before you take someone's money. Also note, if mistakes were please own up and pay up to make things right. A negative reviews is more than 1000 adds.

luisg78
9/22/17

I received an order and the food was spilled inside the bag uneatable, so I notified grubhub, should have gotten a full refund instead got a 10.00 voucher that I used the following day at a different restaurant turns out that restaurant doesn't deliver so I got an 8.'' refund instead will never use this scam again

cresd
9/22/17

I cannot stand that Order-Up is now owned by GrubHub. The service is beyond terrible, wait times are ridiculous, food tracking is non-existent and worst yet is no one you talk to cares. I cannot wait for another startup to come around and replace this joke of company. So sad because I loved OrderUp, guess I will just be using UberEats until that day.

blakez1
9/20/17

Horrible ... Ordered from 2 places ... The first didn't get it and the second doesn't deliver past the time I ordered....

frankyr
9/20/17

I waited 3 hours for my order.
Support Services game me a coupon for "next time" like there will be one.
When the delivery man got here he was trying to ask what my apartment was hung up on me as I was telling him.
(Keep in mind the order already has my address and apartment number on it)
It was a simple sub from a fire house subs 6 minute drive a few blocks away.
They messed up my order
I simply asked for no tomatoes on the extra comments section for the order.
I was really sick I could barely walk yet alone go driving.
I figured i'd try an ordering service HORRIBLE experience.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site. Try any other service like DoorDash.

alisap6
9/19/17

I really wanted to like GrubHub, but two orders in a row have been missing food. After the first incorrect order, they refunded the missing drinks but did not offer me a discount on the missing side items from the entrees. If you pay for an entree with two side items, then you should not have to pay full price for it when both side items are missing (and this happened with two separate entrees -- we were missing six items from our order, in total). After the second order mistake, they offered me a coupon. No thanks. It's completely dishonest to make people pay full price for entrees when they don't get the full entree and accompanying sides. There is no accountability on the part of GrubHub.

tarae15
9/18/17

Contrary to the frightening reviews my food arrived within the hour. Soggy but in one piece ! Can't blame them for this as we did order burgers so... man I was petrified after reading the reviews do t think I will order here again because of them. But he first time we got our food fairly quickly thank God.

asl45
9/18/17

I have been ordering from GrubHub quite a bit recently and trusted their "guarantee"; I had (have) a problem with a recent order, and after too much back and forth with their apparently not very qualified customer support, they tell me to call the restaurant "who'll take good care of me".
The restaurant (Bertucci's) took awful care of me on more than one occasion, and I'm supposed to call them-NO.

gabrielc68
9/16/17

DO NOT USE! Grubhub is a SCAM! I've had three orders go wrong in as many days, and all grubhub offers is coupons so that I have to spend more money on grubhub, and the coupons require that I spend more than the coupon is worth. Such a scam. Take your money eslewhere. Using grubhub is like throwing your money into a black hole and getting $#*!ty service for your trouble.

joshuam116
9/16/17

I placed an order at 6:30 after a 12 hour workday, with another one ahead of me. Received a text the order would be delivered around 8:00. Never received order. Customer service rep I chatted with could not have cared less. Offered a $10.00 discount code off next order, but only after I told him/her that canceling the order was not good enough. Crappy crappy crap crap

Tip for consumers: Good luck

tatiyanaa
9/16/17

Grubhub is the worst app ever !! The prices always change and coustmer service sucks ! Please bring back order up ! Do not order from grub hub

renes58
9/14/17

I've ordered from "GrubHell" on two separate occasions and lost money both times. The second time, after 2-hours my food ($55) was never delivered. I had to drive to the restaurant and was told they don't work with GrubHub... after several minutes of going back and forth with the restaurant owner, he gave me cold food and I lost out on the $20 I'd paid for the delivery charge and tip.

I reached out to GrubHub and was told I could be provided "free grub", and I declined the offer. During the call the rep called me "Carlos" the entire time... (I'm not a male and my name isn't Carlos). After correcting her, she was disrespectful and continued to do the same thing until she hung up in my face.

I then reached out to GrubHub via chat and was told the same thing... then the rep left the chat.

This company is a mess!! Do NOT order from them unless you want a headache! What a waste of time!!!

rachaelb25
9/13/17

I ordered from California Pizza It was delicious but cold. I called because my order was an hour and a half late and the lady apologized and said she would send us a 10 dollar coupon that never came. If you like cold food and feeling hangry I guess GrubHub is the place for you. Awful first time experience.

krystalr1
9/13/17

I had trouble placing an online order and called Grubhub customer service to assist. After two phone calls to different reps were unable to assist providing no help and seemingly being unfamiliar with the current promotions. Big waste of time and energy. Stick with postmates

taeilore
9/13/17

I don't usually voice my opinion about things but they have gone too far and done nothing to help. I mean I guess I could thank them for the exercise I got from the run around they gave me. This is what I wrote to them and of course got no $#*!ing response.
Hello,
On Sept 2, 2017 i placed an order through grub hub to luna grill order #1617001691 totaling $25.16 on a card and was told it had been cancelled. I called the number attached to the email and was told that my order was cancelled due to the fact that the delivery driver had been in a minor car accident, so i placed another order elsewhere for more food. I was then delivered my original order from luna grill after I was told it had been cancelled. I just wanted to make sure that I was not charged the $25.16 from luna grill, because I would. Ever have places a second order for food if i had not been told my original order had been cancelled. I hope this matter gets resolved in a timely manner.
I heard nothing in return and called back after the 3-5 business days. So I waited a little longer. Anyway, finally on my 4th attempt I was told that there was nothing that they could do and to go ahead and file fraudulent charges with my bank. What the actual $#*!?! So they charged me for food I never received and then did nothing but turn a blind eye. Pinchi tontos ($#*!ing idiots) I would have never placed a second order if it wasn't for them canceling my first one. But don't let my experience ruin it for u. Just make sure u really want that food before you place an order. I will never again, I'd rather get up with the worst cold and fever and drive to get whatever I need. $#*!ing grub hub!

mattd96
9/9/17

I made an order at 9:20pm and eta was 10:20 and at 11:20 when I still hadn't received or and after I paid with a debit grubhub told me that the restaurant I ordered from was closed. Supposed to get a refund but we will see..Waisted 2 hours waiting and if I wouldn't have contacted them would have never heard from them

lallak1
9/8/17

Ok I wanted to give them zero stars but couldn't. So after 2 hrs of my confirmed order I call the CS and after a long hold I was told that basically they don't know why my order was on hold ( I believe is just a scripted answer and code for we don't know what happened) and that they will have a different department call me in 3 days!!! There was no real apology no we'll make it up to u, nothing... Is this for real? All they offer is a convenience as a service and they couldn't even deliver on that! So why are they still in business? My 15 years old had to drink a glass of milk and go to bed without dinner, just because I trusted the worst online service in America!! The first thing I did was to delete their app. And I think everyone should do so until they get their act together and respect their commitment to their customers.

andreat60
9/7/17

TWICE in a row I was shorted items in my order from GrubHub restaurants. GrubHub offered me a FREE DISCOUNT. It is NOT a FREE discount if I have already paid for a menu item + tax + gratuity on FOOD I DID NOT RECEIVE !!!! GrubHub was simply trying to scam me, as did the restaurant. I already PAID for food I did not receive ... a discount on my next order is NOT a discount if I ALREADY PAID FOR IT. Give me my money back for dinners I paid for and did NOT receive !! GrubHub does NOT care about the customer.

gabim5
9/6/17

This app/company is a joke. Had order with them 2 times and both I had problems. First one they delivered my food after 45 minutes of the first time it was given (they kept updated for later and later), and the second time, I scheduled a pick up for 2 hours later, and when I got to the restaurant, they had just received my order. GrubHub says "sometimes we have glitches online". Sometimes? I won't order anymore and suggest everyone to use a different food app.

joew124
9/6/17

I just ordered through Grub Hub again and this time it wasn't late, they just didn't place my order but charged me for the food. On hold, basically this service SUCKS and I will not use it again, suggest you don't either if you want to eat. How are they staying in business?

Helpful answer

both. But he is not alone, unfortunately. He only got exposed. Millions others are working in politically intolerant places. We have to change that.

By Jenn L. on 11/11/16
Helpful answer

Nothing. By this inaction I would say to quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k. on 7/19/16
Helpful answer

Ah lucky you, your money should always be good there. Much like Nazi party leaders, CEO Matt Maloney does not tolerate opposing political viewpoints

By Nunya B. on 11/10/16
Helpful answer

No, quit using this bad business. Go with UberEats or maybe try getting your own food.

By toby k. on 9/23/16
Helpful answer

This can be expected with a bad company such as Grub Hub. CEO gets his Chub Hub off screwing customers.

By toby k. on 1/21/16
Helpful answer

LOL...no kidding right! How can places take 2 hours to get food to you and not necessarily at a peak time. Good luck! Hope you were able to cancel it, but wonder if it showed up in the mean time. For this reason I no longer use a card but pay cash when I get the food. Hope you've managed to eat something by now.

By c K. on 8/29/15

By toby k. on 11/1/15
Helpful answer

You can use any credit card associated with your account.

By Gloria P. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

A: Company sucks, they would charge you a liter of your own blood then sell it back to you for double the price.

By toby k. on 5/26/15
Helpful answer

I drive for Grubhub in Austin, and so far I have never been late in fact I am well under the suggested time. The app gives the driver an hour but I have never needed that. I have had one restaurant that would make me nearly late all the time. A small mom and pop shop that admittedly was having a time keeping up with the orders coming in and getting confused. I think they stopped using GH and I am glad because they were messing up my stats. I call my customers when I am leaving the restaurant and make sure there are no special instructions about finding their house that I should know just so they are in the loop. But I am a new driver and a bit OCD so I just strive for perfection. I am curious as to what area you all live in. I am taken aback by all the negative feedback.

By Angela J. on 2/15/15
Questions? Get answers from the GrubHub staff and other customers.

8 Photos for GrubHub