Review of GrubHub

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kathleened
3/27/17

Have ordered thru LA Bite for years and always with great results! Recently Grub Hub for Work bought the service. Customers were led to believe that all would remain the same. Last night I ordered as I so often do. A mistake was made in my order. I very politely called to let them know, and offered to make an additional order in order to receive what was missing, if they would throw in the missing item and not charge me a delivery fee. I told them that I would also tip the driver as usual since the error was not his fault. I always tip 20%, btw. I was rudely told via Holly on live chat that they would do it for me this once, since they aren't supposed to be delivering to me any way, since I am not a business. I, again, politely asked if I could call and speak with a manager on the phone to help me understand. I called and spoke with Donald? or Daniel? No matter. He told me that he was documenting that he was telling me that they could not deliver to me. Did not apologize, nothing. I attempted some humor but he was quite simply, humorless. I mentioned that they had not communicated that clearly with existing customers. I also mentioned that while I do work a "regular" job, that I also do work out of my home, so why could't that be said to be a business location? He said that he thought someone at corporate actually went around to check out the existence of bona fide store fronts!!! Of course, I had to laugh at that thought. Further, the minimum for most deliveries is $15. Some are $40. If the order meets the minimum, why can't they deliver? I am within their geographic boundaries, of course. I was told to use grubhub.com which is extremely limited and virtually useless. What AWFUL customer service!!! So missing LA Bite. If I could have given a "zero star" I would have. I guess the fact that they answered their phone earns them "one star".

marcb69
3/26/17

DONT ORDER FOOD using GRUB HUB. I ordered food in a restaurant where the restaurant is like 2 miles away from me. I ordered at 2:30 PM. At first, I got an email saying food will be delivered to me at 3:30 PM. I called GrubHub at 3:45 PM to know about the status because the food wasn't delivered at 3:30 PM. The girl on the phone said the driver is like five mins away. I called again at 4:05 PM because food didn't come. A guy in customer care picked up and said you would receive food at 5 PM. The customer care $#*!ING LIED to me. Worst customer care and worst delivery system. Stay way from GrubHub. If you are hungry use Ubereats, it is better, and at least they will make food free if they don't deliver it on estimated time. These people gave me zero compensation for taking 2:30 hours to deliver my food and lied about it.

Tip for consumers: Stay Hungry or Use some other app to order food. Don't even think about ordering food using GrubHub. it is a $#*!ty delivery system and a $#*!ty customer care.

shauntinat
3/26/17

So I was schedule one day from 11am to 2pm. But unfortunately I was not able to toggle in on the driver app at 11am due to Grubhubs app issues. The representative changed my schedule from 11:20am (when I called in) to 2pm. I explained to them why am getting docked 20minutes for YOUR app not working properly? They didn't give my 20 minutes and unfortunately I was not given the minimum of 11/hour for 2 whole hours.

I was also transferred to a supervisor, and didn't catch his name because he was so RUDE and he HUNG UP on me!!!!

lisas400
3/25/17

I ordered at 10:35 and given an estimated time of 1141 1151 and then when i checked back they had added another hour to my delivery. They told me they tried to contact driver and could contact driver. Two hours to wait is really ridiculous and the only offer was a ten dollars. Never again. Ubereats for now on

stephaniek74
3/25/17

I had put a order for P.F. Chang's through grub hub the delivery time was at 5:45-5:55. Then changed to getting it at 7pm, the sauce we had gotten with it was not the sauce we'd hope for. The Grubhub driver sat in her car for about 30minutes in front of our house. It was definitely scary looking out my window and seeing her still there. I thought that this must be the reason why she was coming late. Then I called grubhub and she magically disappeared like she knew what I was doing. Probably the last time I am ordering from them. I almost called the cops if she was there after calling grubhub.

brianh206
3/24/17

Great idea.. Horrible implementation. Gave 2 hour notice of an order. ETA comes and gets moved out 45 minutes. Ask what the problem is and they say they dont have a driver. Ok.. Hmm.. Seems like a huge flaw in your business model if you cannot find a driver with a 2 hour notice. So food sits there for an hour as they try to find someone to do the only thing their company exists to do... Business model doesnt work. Short the stock to $0

caml3
3/23/17

Terrible customer service. I sled for a supervisor and was put on hold for ever-no one came on the line after waiting for 8 minutes- not even a recording!! This was after being disconnected once. Cold food, poor timing of their system which had the food picked up a half hour after it was ready. Kept the emotes of the restaurant waiting long after they were closed. Never using this service again.

tinas117
3/22/17

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS PLACE EVER! It took them two hours to deliver our food. When I called to find out where our food was they said they can take the delivery charge off our bill. WTH? OUR food is 2 hours late and it's still not here, we had to make our child something else to eat so he could go to bed and all you want to do is refund us $5.00? I told them to cancel our order and they still charged us for the order. Now I have to go to my bank and dispute the charges. Worst service ever.

doreeng4
3/21/17

I can see I'm not alone. Grubhub is a disaster. They took my order and send confirmation. After 90 mins I call customer service and they tell me my order was cancelled but they can't tell me why!! To make it better, the girl Tiffany L in customer service tells me they are protecting my privacy by not telling me why they cancelled my order!!! Then I ask for a manager and she says there is no manager. I ask for her full name and she says she won't give it because she is protecting her own privacy!! Then I tell her I will write a bad review on yelp and she says "hold on while I get a manager"! Needless to say, after a couple of minutes in hold, I hung up. These folks are scam artists. Grubhub needs to be shut down.

timr84
3/20/17

Ordered food on a Saturday night, waited for an hour then called the restaurant only to find GrubHub cancelled the order because the delivery was out of range. Yet this restaurant showed up on the app and said it was within my delivery area. GrubHub didn't bother to send me a cancellation notice, and they also still charged my bank account for food that was never delivered. Needless to say, I can not longer trust GrubHub and will no longer use them in the future. Avoid this useless app at all costs, because it's obvious they don't know what the hell they're doing!

douglash43
3/19/17

Ordered from a close restaurant and was given an estimate of 70 minutes. Ok, it is Saturday Night I can see that. After almost 90 minutes I call Customer service. They state "the restaurant says it is leaving now and will be there in 20 minutes. But wait, it has been 20 minutes longer than your estimated time and the restaurant is 10 min away. That is when I was told in a sarcastic, rude tone "That is why we call it an estimate." Well I can tell you that CafeCurrier sure knows how long it will take. That is who I'm going through from this point on.

Don't waste your time or frustration level. There are too many of these services to put up with condescending people and horrible service.

tierrat
3/19/17

I ordered from Grubhub for the first time and needless to say that was my last time! One hour after ordering my food i called wondering what was the hold up to identify that i was never assigned a driver. Moments after my order was placed i received a text message notifying me my order was being made so the fact that a driver was never assigned is disturbing. The customer service person apologized and assured me she would get me a giftcard for the inconvenience I've yet to hear anything about that either. I don't recommend Grubhub.I ordered from Grubhub for the first time and needless to say that was my last time! One hour after ordering my food i called wondering what was the hold up to identify that i was never assigned a driver. Moments after my order was placed i received a text message notifying me my order was being made so the fact that a driver was never assigned is disturbing. The customer service person apologized and assured me she would get me a giftcard for the inconvenience I've yet to hear anything about that either. I don't recommend Grubhub.

crystalc57
3/18/17

If I could rate them a 0 I would. I waited over 2 hours for my food. My food had to be remade by the company because they were nice enough to do that. Sat on hold for over 15 mins trying to get my food delivered. Horrible horrible service

corinaf2
3/18/17

After waiting almost 2 hours for Chick fil A delivery, which is 5 min drive from my apt, and I'm downstairs waiting for driver. The driver pulls into driveway of our apt building, and was turning around and leaving! Only after I flagged him down was I finally able to get my food. If I were starving on desert island and Grubhub was only chance to survive, I wouldn't bother. WORST DELIVERY SERVICE IMAGINABLE.

danielleb78
3/17/17

Wish I would have read these reviews before ordering. First and last time I use this service. They are in the food delivery business, yes? Yet they could not find a driver for me. (And lots of others according to these reviews) Food sat getting cold when the restaurant finally called me to advise my food has been ready but called grub hub and was informed there was not a driver. Why let me order to begin with? Wait story is not over. I call to cancel the order as the kids fell asleep, hungry nonetheless. Ordered at 8:40pm. Called and Received cancelation email at 9:46pm. 11:05pm delivery guys is calling me that he is near. The restraunt closed at 9:30pm do you really think I want this Japanese food including sushi after being ordered at 8:48 and being told at 9:15 the order has been sitting ready waiting for a driver?? No! shove your food and your crappy service up yours!! I will share my first experience and get word out to others to never use this service and check the reviews!!

pauld216
3/16/17

Placed order with Grub Hub for Calif Pizza Kitchen in Beverly Hills and delivery was confirmed for 20-30 minutes. Grub Hub driver did not show up at CPK for one and a half hours. Food arrived over two hours after ordered.

yuvalp
3/16/17

Obviously, at this time, there is nothing left open. Have to work all night in starvation mode. Found out that the order was cancelled only after I called to check where is the food, but I got a 5$ discount for the next order as a compensation. YAY.

eb588
3/15/17

Scammed! There's no other description for what happened to us last night. After waiting over an hour past the time we were to get our food, we attempted to contact grub hub. Never happened so we called the restaurant directly. They were no longer in business and the new business won't work with grubhub. We would have blown off the experience except grub hub took payment. They sent us a survey this morning asking for feedback. Oh, to be able to give them a big fat ZERO!! Whatever you do, don't use this business!

serenal14
3/14/17

I order on grub hub at 6:37pm, now is at 7:49pm. My order even not sent to the restaurant yet. It sucks! Not use it again!

laurieb52
3/14/17

Second time I have waited for more than two hours. Grub Hub is thr worst! I am all for a second chance, but that is my limit for crappy service.

angig2
3/13/17

I ordered food with a 45 minute estimate. I waited for over 2 hours and it still isn't even ready! Horrible company!

thomass196
3/11/17

G got the order wrong ordered wrong took forever never again completely worthless will never make that mistake again

christinaw56
3/10/17

I ordered from Grubhub tonight. I was not happy with one of the things I ordered from restaurant not all of it....grubhub texted me and asked me questions which I answered. I gave 4 out of 5 stars. Then they said would you like to write a review and I wrote no because I did not like my food and they posted it online!!!!! I specifically said NO I do not want to post a review, thats not me. I am so angry they gave this poor restaurant a bad name now because I personally did not like what I had.....ridiculous. PS I will definitely order from the Pizza place again DIRECTLY

cynthiam98
3/9/17

I received a gift card to GrubHub as a condolence gift from co-workers after my parent passed. I used the card three times. The first time, they were 30 minutes early. The second time, they were over an hour early (we weren't hungry yet). The third time, they never showed. The reps were rude and lied about the location of the driver.

derlyo
3/9/17

There have been several times that I have tried to order lunch from this site but never get it. Either my order is canceled or I have to cancel it due to the time it would take for delivery after the time is changed several time. The hours listed for the restaurants are incorrect and not updated. This site is a waste of time your better calling your order in and picking it up yourself.

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GrubHub staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/13/16
Answer
joem218
Joe M.
A: He is just another beta male type hipster with no concern over the treason and other criminal activities by the Hildabeast.
on 11/18/16