Review of GetARoom

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

stanleyg21
5/25/17

This company mimics legitimate sites and screws the public with fees to book and to cancell. Do not use at any cost. Shut them down please

vto
5/22/17

BOOK A MGM ROOM. THEN GOT EMAIL FROM THEM SAYING ROOM IS CANCEL. CALL THEM UP AND COULD NOT PROVIDE A REASON WHY THE CANCEL. HAVENT GOTTEN REFUND EITHER. WILL FILE FRAUD CHARGES WITH MY CREDIT CARD TO GET MONEY BACK

merryd1
5/22/17

I unknowingly booked a hotel reservation through this look-a-like web site. When you Google a particular hotel this site pops up mimicking the legitimate website. There was very minimal distinction between the two and because I made the reservation a year in advance I had difficulty searching for my booking since I was searching for the wrong site. When I called the hotel to cancel because of a family emergency, I was told they couldn't do so since it was booked through a third party and they couldn't tell me who it was. After contacting my credit card company (I was charged in full at the time of booking) I then contacted "Getaroom". Because I was several hours outside of the cancellation window they said they would only refund one night. I gave them my credit card information to arrange reimbursement. They then claim they have to forward my info to the "accounting" department and it will take up to five days for a refund. When the refund was not issued I contacted them and they TWICE claim that there was a problem with my credit card, which was, by the way, the same card I used to book the reservation. The customer service is terrible, incompetent and after days, I am still waiting for a supervisor to call me back. They have no system of applying credit-it has to go through some vague department and then they have to wait for confirmation. There is no method allowing an appeal. There is no way to lodge a complaint. They have no individuals who are answering phones that are at all helpful.
I filed a complaint with the Texas States Attorney of Consumer Affairs

grega42
5/16/17

I found these reviews after my bad experience with getaroom.com. Customer service is terrible. I needed to change my reservation to 1 night later, and they said they could only book me a new reservation, and cancel the old one, and I'd have to pay the full price on the cancellation. No amount of reasoning could even get them to admit what a terrible cancellation policy that was.

With hundreds of reviews and a 1 star average, I think you know all you need to know about this company.

sarahl218
5/16/17

Stay away from this company. Do not under any circumstances look at them, talk to them, and whatever you do don't release your credit card information to them. They are the biggest internet thugs I have ever seen stealing hard earned money from unsuspecting people trying to book a reservation through a legitimate hotel. What these people are doing is criminal. If I walked up to an innocent people on the street, and unknowing to the person reached my hand in their wallet and took out $500.00 when they found this out I would be arrested and jailed for robbery. That is what these internet thugs are doing they are robbing innocent, unsuspecting students, hard-working people, and the elderly. This has to stop. I am filing a report with the Better Business Bureau and taking them to small claims courts. I have make certain that I warn as many people as I can so what happened to me will not happen to anyone else. Do not use this company if you know what is best for you. I only gave them one star because the site would not allow me to submit my review without rating them. They need to be in jail.

carrieb68
5/13/17

Stay away from this booking company! We lost a lot of money through them and never got it back. It's definitely a scam!

mandyd19
5/11/17

Don't use this site!! This is a third party SCAM!!
I booked 2 hotel rooms, tried to cancel within 2 hours of the reservation. I was told the package I booked was non refundable, I was not informed about this when the reservation was made. I spent 2 hours trying to get the reservation cancelled! I had to call the JW Marriot in downtown Houston twice, they informed me this was a third party reservation and they couldn't cancel or even charge my card! After 20 minutes on the phone I I finally got a supervisor, who informed me they would have to call the hotel and get the ok to cancel, this is the complete opposite of what the hotel had already told me. Fraudulent!!! My card has still not been refunded the full amount. Any hotel using Getaroom as a third party booking agent needs to seriously rethink having a contract with these people! I will make it a point to check that, and will not stay with any hotel doing business with Getaroom. You can't leave a review on their web site, they only have testimonials, which are all excellent by the way.... There's your clue!!!

michaelr326
5/6/17

Have you read your reviews? I used you guys once and I will never use you guys again. How that that. You guys suck

barbaraw139
5/5/17

They lied to me and told me that the cost was $1450 with my pet friendly hotel. Then charged me $1611.21 and did not include my pet. I just found out from the hotel I have to pay an additional $350 for my pet ($25.00 per night)! By the way, That $1611.21 charge doesn't even include my 3.5 lb Yorkie so now I have to pay more money to the tune of $350. This company has to be charged with federal fraud violations.

rickb94
5/5/17

we booked thru getaroom and even with permission from the hotel to refund our money for 2 additional nights, getaroom refused to refund it. Their agent didn't do the appropriate paper work and we paid the price. We are out $542.06 because their agent didn't take ownership and I have worked on this issue for 30 days and have now given up. Don't deal with them or Expedia , Hotels, Booking or any other sites they may own. Expedia seems to own all of them.

dianac67
5/4/17

I just got ripped off by getaroom - they over charged a room for me when I canceled within 30 mins they told me I had to wait 3-5 business days for a refund. I was told there were no supervisors on site!!! They have me on hold now - 14 mins

ronaldb97
5/4/17

I used this agency to book two nights for me. One night was 126.00 and one night was 129.00. I didn't print my confirmation until I was ready to leave and it showed I was charged 364.00 for the rooms, tax recovery, and fees. I thought I understood the amount was 264.00 when I agreed to the rate which would be a little low but not much. I tried to ask the hotel about it and they couldn't give me an answer. I called Get a room hotel reservations and they couldn't even tell me how much was taxes and how much the fees were. I'm positive the taxes were not $110.64 . This is nothing more than a scam. Stay the hell away from this site!!!!!!!!!!!

peterp152
5/3/17

These incompetent f(_)cktards couldn't figure how to walk through a revolving door properly if they were given an instruction manual.

They gladly took my money for the entire cost of a HONEYMOON. Not just a vacation but a F(_)CKING HONEYMOON. Then had the audacity to tell me it's overbooked 2 months later leaving me scrambling to find a place.

Their efforts in compensating me were piss poor at best and cannot begin to express how $#*!ty their service is. I would never use them again even if they comped an entire trip.

jv39
5/2/17

I had a terrible experience, I was charged more than I was quoted, more than exchange rate difference. When I complained about this I was offered a discount that was still going to be more than I was quoted. Such a hassle and I will never book through them again, terrible customer service.

fredm79
5/1/17

Prepaid for 3 rooms for 2 nights at Williamsburg Lodge. When booking it states refund for each room if cancelled by certain date. Need to cancel 1 room 1 night called told will only cancel entire reservation and cannot re book as no rooms available on wait list. This catch 22 is as dishonest, contacted them and after some useless platitudes basically told me too bad you loose. Do not use them go directly to hotel get same rates. Also found this site through Trip Advisor thought it would be a good site to use.

sues142
4/28/17

Normally use Hot wire and a couple other reliable sites! Hidden cost and fees. When I called Customer service. They said "There is nothing they can do: Scammers and bad business company!!!! Do Not Use them!!!!

kyleem6
4/27/17

It's a scam, they added extra fees. Just go to normal third party site or the hotel site itself, had an over $200 extra charge on our credit card... F*ckers

sarahm302
4/26/17

The hotel also charged me when I checked out and their price was cheaper. Get A Room refused to give me the same rate when I complained. I eventually got 10% back after fighting tooth and nail.

shawnm89
4/25/17

Called to make a reservation and when I received the confirmation email I noticed the address was different than the hotel I called to book. Called back immediately and they told me there was no refunds and refused to transfer us to correct hotel or refund our money. Worst company I've ever dealt with!!! Horrible company and horrible customer service

juliab95
4/25/17

We have had a miserable experience with this site. We called while we were on the road to book a pet friendly room. After a long call, Getaroom found us a room near where we wanted to stay that was supposedly pet friendly and took our credit card for the room AND the pet fee. When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel was not pet friendly and refused to let us stay ( we have a 12 lb dog). We called the customer service number and were told that the charge was nonrefundable and that there was nothing that could be done. We ended up having to get a room at another hotel so Getaroom.com cost us a lot of money. Two days later, after escalating the issue, we are still being told that we are out of luck. I would strongly recommend that noone use this service.

maryy29
4/25/17

I booked a hotel at the Halifax Airport Hotel. Told them I needed the parking package while I was away. She told me the parking was charged for minimum one week at a rate of 40.00 The total with parking came to 166.00 at a non refundable rate
However when I went to confirm my reservation there was no parking included and the hotel told me the parking cost was 40 $ I said yes I know that but I paid the 40$ when I booked. It was a third party booking so the hotel couldn t help me.
When I called the company back she told me the $40 was for tax recouperation charges???
Even though on the site it says no fees
Plus the hotel is a Canadian hotel and the charges are in U S dollars
Call your hotel directly it is cheaper even though I signed on for the supposedly cheaper non refundable rate
They lied through there teeth and when I phoned back they were rude and didn t give a dam about the customer!!!!
Never use this company

michaell296
4/24/17

They pretend to be the hotel's website and ad large fees (40%) on to the reservation. When I called to question the basis for the fee they added to the reservation, GetARoom pretending to be unaware of the charge and suggested that it must have originated from the hotel. When I called the hotel directly, they explained how I had ended up on the GetARoom site when trying to make my reservation directly with the hotel and that the 40% "Taxes and Service Fees" charge on my reservation confirmation was not the hotel's charge. Fortunately, I was within the grace period for cancellation and was able to re-book the room directly with the hotel, saving $370 for a two-night reservation.

davym10
4/23/17

They skirt legality by not identifying themselves and pretending to be the hotel reservation service rather than who they really are. They add extra fees! You wore will pay more than dealing with the hotel directly so make sure you stay away from them!

jamesk209
4/22/17

Horrible experience, they did not provide the room that was on the reservation, they overcharged and then flat out lied telling me the cancellation policy was the hotels not theirs! Thankfully I contacted the hotel prior to my trip and the hotel made it right not getaroom.com! Book anywhere else!

rachels149
4/22/17

We were recently traveling to Florida during spring break and although I've never had this problem in all my years driving down there, there were no rooms available anywhere on our route. We kept pulling off the expressway only to be told there was no availability. Finally, I talked my husband into getting on the phone to try to do something other than stopping to ask every few miles. He saw a Super 8 link, clicked on it, and was led to the number for Getaroom, although we thought it was the number to the hotel. The agent tried to find us a room but was also having problems. When it was determined that the Super 8 didn't have any availability, his wording made me think that we had reached a third-party booking agent so I asked him to find us something - anything. We had been on the road for over 14-hours, had already had a delay due to car problems, and we had our son in the car so it was really getting dicey. After about twenty minutes of looking, he found us a room that was two-hours away but the closest, on our route, and better than nothing. I'm honestly not sure what we were charged at this point but it was a Ramada Inn and it was over $200 for two queens in a middle-of nowhere hotel. At that point, I was willing to pay without asking too many questions just because of the relief. We were so grateful, even though it seems that he probably made around $100 from us. What led me to this site today was that I got an email with a link to register for Getaroom but the link was invalid. Good luck. I wouldn't use them again after reading these reviews, but for me, they got us out of what could have been a very bad situation.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

31 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GetARoom staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 6/27/15
on 4/28/13
on 2/15/17
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the GetARoom staff and other customers.

GetARoom?