US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

aj494
12/4/16

This site is a complete sham. Also, this was farmed out to them by TripAdvisor, so if you are going book with TripAdvisor, know that you are likely to end up dealing with these crooks.

thomask78
11/29/16

I had the unfortunate experience of booking a hotel room )Holiday Inn) through this service. I wanted two rooms, and did it on line. When I finished it had only registered me for one room and I cancelled and then called them to complete the reservation by phone. That was successful but they refused to cancel the first room I had booked so I wound up having to pay for three rooms. The Holiday was worthless as far as helping on this matter. I wound up talking to reservationcounter and they said there was nothing they could do and Getaroom couldn't do anything. BUT GET THIS: They would be more than happy to cancel the reservation but still charge me. You can't make it up. Don't have anything to do with Getaroom; reservation counter.com or HOLIDAY INN> They are inept buffoons.

joee35
11/29/16

Thinking I was calling Hampton Inns directly, I somehow reached getaroom.com (GAR). I asked for the manager of the hotel where I have stayed previously and was told "she is not in today." Knowing several of the front desk clerks, I asked, "Who is working the front desk today?" I was told "they are all busy, so we are taking their calls." I then booked 10 nights at the hotel in a city where my sister, who is having a serious health challenge lives. Two days later, I called to book room for another sister for six nights. (we were all going home to see our seriously ill sister.) I was told that I had booked my room with a "third party" so they were not sure I could add the second room to my account. What? I again asked for the manager of the hotel by name because I had struck up a friendship with them on previous stays.) I was asked to "hold for just a moment". The operator came back and told me they could go ahead and make the reservation for the second room. I told the operator that I would pay for three nights of my sister's room and she would pay the rest at the hotel. I then prepaid for each of the rooms and received an email confirmation with the logo and address of the Hampton Inn (city) on it. The URL printed at the top of the my confirmation simply was www.reservationcounter.com. I assumed it was Hampton Inn. I was never told there could not be a cancellation, nor adjustment of the room nights. I was told I was receiving the "best possible price" for the rooms. Upon arrival at my hotel, I discovered that I had booked the room with a "third party" (GAR) and that the rates were actually a little MORE than the usual rates of the hotel. They "third party" was actually GAR -- who had told me they couldn't help me because I had booked the first room "through a third party' (Them!! What???) After all of the emotion and stress of dealing with our family issues, I needed to leave town one day.earlier than planned. The hotel desk said I could not do that because the reservation was through GAR. I called GAR to get a refund on the one night and they told me they could not change the dates because I had PREPAID for the room. I objected, but the man told me "there is nothing I can do about it". So, I paid for a room that was left unoccupied the last night. The GAR operator filed an "Escalation" ticket so that my complaint would be reviewed. It was followed up by an email that explains I must sign-up for the GAR "Customer Care" program where I can make my claim BY EMAIL!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCAM!!!! THEY LIED TO ME, IMPLYING THEY WERE A PART OF HAMPTON INNS, THEY DID NOT PROVIDE A WARNING THAT I COULD NOT MAKE CHANGES TO THE ITINERARY, NEITHER BY WORD OR IN WRITING ON THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. This is a definite example of how the innocent, unknowing public can be RIPPED OFF so quickly by by an unscrupulous online hoax! BUYER BEWARE!!!!

danar42
11/26/16

The stay was great. However, we booked it through Priceline's affiliate getaroom.com. We booked ahead because it was Thanksgiving weekend. When we awoke to leave, the hotel left their rate slip under the door per normal. It was over $135 LESS than the third party rate we paid with getaroom. I contacted getaroom to dispute the huge difference in price. They would not give us a full refund of the difference in price. Needless to say, I will NEVER use them again. I should have just booked with the hotel or checked a week ahead of time so I could still cancel to get the much lower rate directly from the hotel.

The hotel was fine and we will definitely stay there again, as we recently moved and it is affordable and near family. But getaroom--no thanks. We paid 38% more than the hotel would have charged--what a rip off!

ronym2
11/19/16

booked a room in Oregon as I was moving from CA on Nov. 1st.
My car was stolen in CA and It was going to be another full day before I got a rental to make the trip north. I called get a room and explained to them my situation and was immediately told "there's nothing we can do for you since the 48 hour cancellation period had passed" (I had booked the reservation October 22. I asked for a supervisor and was told no one was on duty. My feeling is: they could care LESS about people and more about keeping my money. I would NEVER recommend GAR to anyone!! They kept my money without a single care. If I could choose minus 10, it would still be too favorable for their $#*!ty service.

salahn1
11/17/16

Horrible Experience

"warning warning danger danger"
I have booked my hotel for six days 10 month's in advance costs me $900. I accidentally cancelled my reservation so i emailed getaroom about reinstating my reservation for the same period however getaroom advised me that this is non refundable reservation. I understand non refund policy but i don't want my money back just a bit of understanding,support and reinstating my reservation. Getaroom attitude was bad luck and Get lost with 0% sympathy.
Now i have no reservation or money in the bank.
Reservation # R667193200

amys195
11/15/16

Arrived at my hotel, only to be told my PAID IN FULL room was cancelled! I was on the phone with them for more than an hour only to get 4 of my 5 days granted. Had to wait until the 4th night to find out I had a room for our last nights stay!

I received a queen room, when I paid for a king. Contacted getaroom and was told they would reimburse me $100 for what I paid for the king room and all of their garbage, only to be told they'll give me only $50 since I can't prove I paid the hotel extra. WHY would I pay the hotel to upgrade when I paid getaroom for a king suite!

Terrible customer service, terrible company! I can not believe that tripadvisor recommends this horrendous company.

Steer clear! Not worth the aggravation!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THEM!

sallym65
11/8/16

I CANCELLED MY RESERVATION OCTOBER 12 AND AS OF NOVEMBER 8, STILL NO REFUND. IT SAYS THEY CAN TAKE UP TO 30 DAYS TO PROCESS A CREDIT.

karenu8
11/3/16

I used this service without reading the reviews and what a mistake that was. They did not make my reservations and still charged me for a room. Their charge was over $30 more than what the room cost. Ripoff

jenniferj112
11/3/16

My suggestion is that NO one ever use this site. I booked a room through them on July 11, 2016 for 2 nights at Best Western Plus Riverhouse Hotel, was quoted a price of $262.20 and given a confirmation number. When I received my credit card statement I was over charged $100.00. I filed a dispute and was credited my $100.00 only to have it taken out of my account on September 23, 2016. This is a very dishonest company BEWARE!!! Another thing I wish to make a note of is that I was never able to reach anyone in person to discuss this situation and I never received an email with the information they provided to my credit card company.
I

jacobs102
10/30/16

We booked our room over a month in advance to get a good rate on a nice hotel. We picked the hotel we booked based on a few great amenities like a free shuttle into the city, floor to ceiling windows with a Manhattan view and closeness to the city etc. A few days prior to our trip they tried to move us from this 4 star hotel to a 3 star hotel that is a chain with no view, no shuttle and bad reviews. They said that the hotel we booked was over sold and i'm still not sure why we were the people to get shafted out of all the guests. I called them and they offered me a refund but it was too late for us to try and find and book something different at a reasonable price. They said they had to find us something else with comparable rates but the problem is that all the rates are way higher if you try to book a nice hotel a couple days in advance, so all the hotels with comparable rates for a last second room are way lower quality. After being on the phone for over 3 hours I finally convinced them that this is completely wrong and comes across as a scam, and because I was very persistent they finally ended up finding us a better hotel. However, it is still further from the city, does not have a manhattan view and does not have a free shuttle. This all means we will be spending more money than planned and not enjoy our stay as much. They also waisted a bunch of my time on the phone/email and put us in a stressful situation right before our trip! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! They hook you with a good deal on a nice Hotel, then they try to put you in something inferior a couple days before your trip when its too late to book something else decent at a reasonable price. They acted very cold to us and really didn't care that we were disappointed and treated very unfairly. Seems like a scam if you ask me.

titusp
10/25/16

When we booked the room, GetARoom misrepresented that they were the actual booking agents for Hampton Inn. We booked a room for two nights. When a family circumstance changed, we tried to cancel the second night well within this company's published rules for cancellation and refund. We were fully compliant with their policy. This company began a classic run-around. They said they couldn't cancel. Then I was repeatedly referred from one department to another department. This happened several times. In the course of 2 hours, this company hung up on me twice. After much persistence, they verbally agreed to cancel the second night, but refused to issue a refund. Then, they called the hotel and informed the hotel that we had cancelled the entire reservation, instead of the second night. Even the hotel front desk people said they had received numerous complaints about GetARoom. What they do is criminal and the government needs to shut them down.
NEVER EVER book anything through GetARoom. They are crooks. I cannot stress this strongly enough. They deserve no stars.

meno7
10/24/16

WARNING: THIS IS A SCAM. PLEASE DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY.

THEY DON'T TELL YOU THAT IT IS NON-REFUNDABLE WHILE THEY HAVE YOU ON THE PHONE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND SEND THE NON- REFUNDABLE NOTICE TO YOUR EMAIL. THEY CLAIM TO BE A PART OF PRICE LINE TO TRICK YOU. THEY ARE NOT PRICE LINE. DON'T FALL FOR IT. DATED; 10/24/16

suec70
10/21/16

This is one of the biggest SCAM companies there are....READ REVIEWS AND STAY AWAY! They are deceitful, sneaky, con-artists, that will not only mislead you, but charge your credit card charges that you did not agree too!! Immediately after booking with them, my gut feeling told me something was wrong...well, I was right! I was able to dispute all charges through my credit card company and I am still in the process of reporting them to the proper authorities!!!!!STAY AWAY!!!!!! If you have ever booked through them, cancel your credit card because they are not to be trusted with your card info!!

10/18/16

This is one rotten company. The hotels will have nothing to do with them. They are the epitome of internet pond scum. The agent in New Delhi was very helpful...NOT!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't.

paulb287
10/18/16

Inadvertently booked a hotel reservation at the Holiday Inn Fayetteville NC instead of Fayetville W V. I booked the room at 1 pm for that night stay. I called 10 minutes later to explain my mistake and was told that all bookings are final and cancellations were past the limit of 12:00 pm that same day. I called the Holiday Inn customer service and explained the situation and was advised the cancellation time according to their policy is 6:00pm that evening . I tried several calls to Get A Room with no success. Just looking for the business to do the right thing. In the event Get A Room would like to contact me the ticket no. Is 1025332 and reservation no. Is R660326608. I plan to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and contact AHLA along with other governing agencies and look into the legal aspect of their business practices. WHAT A SCAM

bobm185
10/15/16

Booked hotel thru TRIP ADVISOR. I really like Trip Advisor, but do not use for bookings, which are funneled thru GetARoom. I had a booked one night stay at Embassy Suites in Lexington, KY and was quoted a rate of $358 for the one night. This was a prepaid room and I was unaware it was prepaid. The receipt emailed to me from GetARoom did not indicate prepaid. Receipt contained typical info: Hotel name, room rate, date(s), room type etc.... Stayed in room and checked out per normal and was charged $304 by Embassy Suites. Again, I was unaware that room was prepaid so I didn't question it and was glad that rate was less than I was quoted - given I was in Lexington and not NYC. Have rarely paid that much for a hotel room, but Lexington was very booked this particular weekend. Nonetheless, both charges showed up on my Credit Card bill and GetARoom would not reverse charge and indicated the hotel should reverse charge. So in summary, GetARoom is more expensive and does not communicate with consumer, nor apparently the hotel, that the room is prepaid. You may get charged twice. Watch your credit card statement, or better yet - DO NOT BOOK THRU TRIP ADVISOR OR GETAROOM.

princessg4
10/13/16

So resaver.com is also getaroom.com, (they both use the same 1800 number) and both of whom are partnered 3rd party bookers with Orbitz and Expedia. Resaver/getaroom (they're both the same company) stated one charge on the receipt, and then billed my card for more than three times the amount that the receipt stated and when I complained, they told me to "go complain on the internet". They're claiming that if I authorize one charge, they can legally add multiple other charges without my knowledge, permission, or advance notice because the terms and conditions on their website say they can.

So I did some research (never rile a smart one) and it turns out they've got a few little shell companies kicking around.

Apparently the 1800 number for resaver.com is the same as the 1800 number for getaroom.com. The address that resaver.com provided their registrar is a fake which points to a strip mall with no unit number, so I think it's safe to assume it's the same company owned by the same guy with a fraudulent address.

Now, before the community standards for Sitejabber guys get involved - this is PUBLIC information. Anyone can go to a search engine, type in 'whois blah blah.com' and a number of domain registration agencies will provide you with all of the information pertinent to a domain: who owns it, where they do business from, how to contact them.

The entire planet is legally entitled to this information, so I'm not wikileaking state secrets here. They are required to provide this as per ICANN (grand poobahs of the interwebs) guidelines and it is illegal for a domain to operate without providing this information or to operate by providing false information.

Here's the whois on getaroom:

Registrant Name: David Litman
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: dlitman@wildflowerinvestments.com

Which, of course, begs for the whois on wildflowerinvestments.com:

Registrant Name: Carol Doremus
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +1.9726879131
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: carol@getaroom.com

So basically, it looks like we've got a couple of Texans misrepresenting themselves as numerous agencies, and tallying a boatload of very fraudish looking money at other people's expense.

So you know who they are now, you know where they do business. I'm really hoping someone from anonymous sees this and decides to make an example of rich people who defraud hard working innocents who don't deserve to be robbed.

pavanc
10/11/16

DO NOT EVER USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!! I wish I could give 0 stars. I booked a hotel in san Diego one month prior to my vacation and I get a call 2 days before my vacation saying that the hotel I booked was over booked and I have to change to different hotel(Which costs me more than the first time) or get my refund which might take upto 30 days this is ridiculous as I planned everything as I wanted to make my vacation a good time with my friends and changing the hotel makes the whole vacation a total fiasco. The person who calls me to cancel the reservation(Shannon) says she is the highest authority that I can speak to and she cannot transfer me to a supervisor to talk to. After yelling my lungs out with these people I call the hotel only to find out that these people only tried to book the room for me before a few days of my vacation whereas I paid them the full amount for the reservation a month ahead of my vacation. DO NOT EVER USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!!

fredc50
10/11/16

They cancelled my prepaid reservations and claimed I cancelled it, I did not, and they can not supply proof that I did cancel it. The cancellation notice states in writing "no cancel fee charged" but they refuse to refund my money. Never, ever use this service!

ryanm129
10/5/16

I tried booking a hotel in NYC through them. I was given a price, and entered my credit card information. After they took my information, they sent me a bill for a completely different price. The price went from around $500 to over $1,000. They added loads of extra fees and an extra day. I immediately contacted them to cancel. They refused to cancel. I continued to complain, and a supervisor said she would contact the hotel to see if they would cancel my room and issue me a refund. After a few days, getaroom emails me saying that the hotel would not refund nor cancel my reservation. I checked on the hotel's website, and the hotel says that they allow cancellations up to 24 hours before the check-in date. I was seeking a cancellations 20 days prior to the check-in date.

I contacted the hotel to see if getaroom.com had ever tried to contact them. The hotel had no record of any contact from getaroom.com.

My credit card company has been trying to get in contact with getaroom.com, but they won't respond to my credit card company.

This place is a scam. AVOID!

marym396
10/5/16

Be careful - it looks as though you are booking on the hotel site but you are not!!! Did a search for a reservations but the booking site requires you to enter you payment info (as many other sites do) to get to what I was expecting to be a final screen to place the reservation. Realizing that I had a incorrect date, I used my back screen button to leave the page and start over. Unfortunately, I did not realize that once you enter final info, the reservations are made! Did not receive a confirmation of the first reservation until I had already made the 2nd reservation and ended up with two reservations!!! Tried to call customer service within 15 minutes of placing the reservations and was placed on hold for over 30 minutes. When I did get through, they would not cancel the first reservation without charging me for an additional night!! Stay clear!

trimann
10/4/16

Really bad service. Having booked and paid for hotel in Hawaii I get a message 1 week before travelling they contact me to say they have overbooked hotel and resevervation cancelled. Manage at late notice to find alternative I miles away from friends and location. Would not use again.

annan44
10/2/16

Looking for a hotel for next Friday. Website refreshed my dates and booked me in NYC for TONIGHT... it is 6:00 pm, this is clearly an error and they are refusing to refund my money. AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL

jamesk174
10/1/16

Best price guarantee only applies to base room rate. Charged me $47.00 more than Travelocity in fees . I'll never use Get a Room again. Terrible.

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GetARoom staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 10/6/16
Answer
dennisb115
A: Wow. This is one bad company. Made a reservation and then needed to cancel. They gave cancel date all along. I called to cancel on that date and was told that date was only for 1 minute of date they told me. I was supposed to forfeit one night's cost. Luckily I made reservation on AMEX and they'll tell this fraud company to get lost. Moral of the story: make reservations through hotel.
on 10/18/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
on 9/11/16
Answer
dennisb115
A: The hotel has nothing to do with these scumbags.
on 10/18/16