US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jenniferc204
8/24/16

Thought I was booking thru the hotel directly and tried to changed the reservation and they wouldn't change it. Wasted a night's worth of hotel. Do not use this site.

janeb98
8/18/16

TOTAL FRAUD! Have wasted an hour cancelling and they charge the FULL amount up front which I did not know - takes 30 days to get back! On phone with AMEX to resolve! NEVER USE! AND they charge a service fee of $268.39!? For what?! RIP OFF!

lynnb77
8/15/16

I am livid. My credit card statement came in and I was charged in US dollars. I called them and they said there is nothing they can do. I don't even know how I ended up with Get. A. room. I thought I reserved the room though the booking office for Days Inn. Bunch of rip off/scam artists.

Tip for consumers: DON'T use GET A ROOM.

billc130
8/15/16

Just got totally messed over by getaroom.com. Sold us a hotel room in France they did not have. All hotels in the town were full, had to drive another two hours to find a decent place to stay. Will never use them again. These folks are scam artists. Be careful when booking through Kayak.

essram
8/15/16

They are by far the worst agent ever ... They cancelled my booking took all the money with no reason .. So I end up paying for nothing and there customer service are so rude to answer we can't do anything for u

amye31
8/14/16

Accidentally booked through them thinking I was going directly through the hotel. Same base price as hotel and hotels.com but ended up with a total that was $180 more and they could give me no breakdown of the fees. Accidentally booked a nonrefundable rate too, so can't cancel.

kenk49
8/12/16

They booked me in a hotel 20 miles away from the ho9tel I asked for. and charged my credit card. Crooks. We slept in the car, the town was booked and we had thought we booked our hotel days prior to arriving. Don't trust this BS company just go directly to your NAME BRAND HOTEL.

darylr9
8/6/16

I made reservation using getaroom.com at the Holiday Inn Airport West in Earth City, Missouri ($286 for one night). I have cancer and needed to cancel that reservation due to a change in treatment plans. I called the customer service and was told I could not get a refund. I tried calling the actual hotel and they told me I had to call getaroom.com. It was a circle of nonsense! I challenged the charge on my card. They researched it and getaroom.com analyst Ray Reyes lied to them when he said the hotel's policy was not to refund when they told me and so did customer service that it was getaroom.com's policy. Beware of this company who says they can get you good deals. Maybe so, but their follow on service is crap!

betht25
8/6/16

They charged both my son's credit card and mine when I tried to cancel his reservation for 1 nite, bc he was stuck at the airport bc of weather. W/o my permission, they cancelled his entire reservation of 4 nites, and I was forced to make another reservation for 3 nites. Now they have chgd us both for the full reservations. It is impossible to get ahold of them, bc they refer your call back to the hotel, which never answers. Do NOT take a chance on this. It seems cheap, but you'll I will arrive w/o a reservation and still be chgd. I would give it neg stars if I could. BEWARE!!!

mathewe3
8/4/16

Horrible horrible customer service. I accidentally cancelled my booking and after having realise I cancelled by mistake, I advised getaroom within 20 minutes of cancelling. They would neither refund my money for the room nor rebook the room for me. I basically lost all my money and after so many emails, I gave up trying.

janh64
8/2/16

i searched the stay using hotelscombined.com, and from there I was forwarded to getaroom.com, which had circa 30 pct better deal than booking.com, made a reservation online (and payed with card) for double bed with breakfast for two nights in wroclaw. Later I had confirmed directly with hotel that my stay was valid. at check in all was good. hotel was also great value for money. thanks. Jan Hájek

Tip for consumers: if you find great deal and decide to make a reservation, be sure not to cancel or modify the reservation, than it seems to work just alright

randyh44
8/2/16

We booked a nonsmoking standard room with two queen beds. When we arrived at our location the night manager told us that Getaroom had booked a king smoking room. We called Getaroom repeatedly to get the reservation corrected or refunded. The night manager said he would not refund our reservation because the booking was not his fault. Getaroom told us that the type of room was not garranteed. We were told by the night manager that the hotel was completely booked and he had no other options. After calling Getaroom four times (because we were put on hold each time then disconnected) we finally got someone who said they would send us a refund for what amounted to half of the room fee. We were told we should exspect it in our account in 3-5 business days. As of today it has been 7 business days and still no refund. We called Getaroom today and were told it could be as much as 30 days depending on our bank and Getarooms billing cycle. We bank with one of the largest banks and past refunds have been in most cases the same day. Save yourself some time and money and book with someone else, these people seem to be short sighted and don't know the meaning of customer service or what repeat business could mean to their bottom line!!!!!!!

tsofis
7/31/16

I order from them hotel in Amsterdam -Cordial hotel, we came to the hotel and thay didnt have our reservation, we had tp call the company that in USA it wasnt easy to catch them it took us almost 10 hours until our hotel got the reservation- I think that this site nust be close thay are not honest people and try to steal.(the hotel told us that the same thing happend with this company few days before with other clients.)

ashleyt57
7/30/16

We booked a goregous resort on the water and beach. Excited for a fun night we got there and were shocked to find we didn't have a reservation. Called Getaroom.com to have the paperwork sent to the resort. What a shocker the hotel was booked solid. We were promised they would relocate us and call is back. We went to dinner and they called us telling us they found us a great upgrade room and we could head over now. When we got there we checked in and to our horror it is literally a cheap motel. I called cuztomer service where I was transferred several times where I explained the situation and demanded a refund OR hotel change. Customer service agent demanded I go to speak with the hotel manager. So I did I left him on speaker. She offered to refund all money as she knew this was a scam and a motel not by any means a resort. The customer service agent refused a refund and advised she upgrade our room. She explained that there are really
No upgrades but she will move us closer to the pool. (The pool filled with screaming children) do not EVER use this site. Worst customer service. Does not stand behind their customers. All lies. They are crooks.

path86
7/26/16

I recently went to Singapore for 8 nights with my wife and teenage daughter.
To ensure I booked a room that would be or a comfortable size I booked and paid for 3 adults, rather than 2 adults and a child.
I checked out photos of the room, (Deluxe room for 3 Adults) which showed a full sized double bed and a full sized single bed, with room for a coffee table and chairs between the beds and the window.
On arrival I discovered a folding/roll away single bed squeezed up next to the window, ~75% the size of a normal single bed, with no room for a table or chairs.
I spoke to the hotel, who were very helpful and friendly, and also e-mailed Getaroom.
My email explained the situation and simply requested Getaroom supply me with the room I had booked and payed for.

With no reply from Getaroom for at least 72 hours, I had no choice but to upgrade to a larger more expensive room.

I eventually received a reply from Getaroom, requesting more time to investigate.
A further 3 days past with no reply. I again e-mailed Getaroom, requesting an urgent response.
They responded the following days saying their response time is 3-5 working day???
Not sure how they refer to themselves as a customer service department!!!

I again explained what had happened and why I felt Getaroom should cover the additional cost I had already paid for a room to accommodate 3 adults.
Yet again, Getaroom replied +3 days later, after my holiday was over advising the room was AS BOOKED and they would not be offering any refund or financial support to cover the extra costs I had incurred.

I WILL NEVER BOOK VIA GETAROOM EVER AGAIN AND ENCOURAGE ALL OTHERS THAT MAY HAVE HAD THIS TYPE OF EXPERIANCE FROM THIS ORGANISATION TO SPEAK UP.

BAD SERVICE IS UN-ACCEPTABLE, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IMPACTED ON A LONG PLANNED AND EXPENSIVE FAMILY HOLIDAY.

Getaroom.com, NEVER EVER AGAIN...

johns1388
7/23/16

Used this site and was lied to, woman stated room price was higher due to only two available rooms. When I got there the guy said there were plenty available and I could of had one twenty five dollars cheaper if I had called them directly.

briant88
7/19/16

Booked a room in Fort Lauderdale 7/15-7/19 a month and a half previously. Getaroom.com charged me $392 through Kyak. I check out today and see on the receipt from Hampton inn that they only charged $330 for the stay when I asked the desk clerk about the difference she said it would be refunded to the third party who made the reservation and they should credit it back to me. I called getaroom.com and they were like no it was higher when you booked and we can't help that it is lower now. I asked about a credit and she said that there would be none as they had to pay the $392 but Hampton inn says it will go back to them. So shame on Kayak for even using a rip off company such as this I'm basically out $60!

kathyf38
7/14/16

Don't book with them! Horrible experience they advertize low rates but then charge high fees that are not disclosed at the time of booking. When you ask for an itemized bill they refuse to disclose their fees. A room that was advertized for $144.38 they charged $207. The worst part was I thought I was calling the hotel directly they never disclosed on the phone that they were not the hotel.

obie158
7/9/16

Getaroom.com cancelled my reservation on their own volition and have refused to either reinstate it or give me a refund.
On June 21, I made a reservation with TripAdvisor.com for a 17-day stay at Best Western Plus in Nice, France. The trip was supposed to be for my honeymoon as I was to get married on the 3rd of July 2016.

The cost of the reservation was $3,878.78 and was refundable only if canceled prior to 2:00AM on July 3rd, 2016. Also, it is helpful to state that having a booking in hand is/was a prerequisite from the French Embassy when applying for a VISA. The confirmation number of the book is R588214975 under my name "Obinna Eke".

Due to a delay in getting the required VISAs from the French Embassy and an emergency in the family, I contacted TripAdvisor at around 7:00AM on July 3rd 2016 (so 5 hours after the deadline) to ask whether an exception could be made to the cancellation policy. I was told to contact Getaroom.com directly.

After multiple conversations with Getaroom.com, I was told on the 6th of July by a Getaroom.com employee called "Loyce" that there was no way I could get a refund if cancelled. My wife and I decided that we will have to reach out to the embassy to see what could be done regarding the VISA issue in order to salvage the trip and not lose the entire amount of the funds.

About an hour after that call, we received an email from Getaroom.com stating that our reservation had been cancelled.

We immediately called for some clarity and emailed their escalation team (escalations@getaroom.com) to:
1. clarify our position that we hadn't requested a cancellation,
2. advise that we were working with the embassy to get VISAs and the hotel to let them know we would be late, and
3. ask that our reservation should be either reinstated or refunded.

On the morning of July 7th 2016, I called Getaroom.com and upon speaking to an employee (Hilda Saldivar) of Get-A-Room, I was told that the reservation could not be reinstated and that the cancellation request originated from TripAdvisor. I called TripAdvisor, who in turn called Getaroom.com and was told that the cancellation request came from Best Western Plus. This claim also turned out to be false as Best Western Plus told us that they had received the cancellation from their booking agent and not the other way round.

After another round of calls, late on July 7th, I was told that Getaroom will not (a) reinstate the reservation which they cancelled at their own discretion, (b) refund me my $3,878.78 or (c) pull out any tapes which have me instructing a cancellation. And I was told by an employee called "Anisha" that they were OK for us to seek any redress is available to us to recover our funds.

In summary, we are seeking a full refund from Getaroom.com because they took a decision on their own to cancel our reservation and they have refused to reinstate. We would also like Getaroom to refund us for time spent on numerous phone calls and legal advice.

vanessar20
7/8/16

Still haven't been refunded in full and its12 days later.

laurac171
7/8/16

I'm sorry that others had a terrible experience idk if I just got lucky but I was stranded at airport in myrtle beach sc my flight was cancelled I went to get a room and this wonderful gentleman that works for get a room named ALEX was so helpful and got me this room at paradise hotel in sc on the 12th floor overlooking the ocean the room was clean and only a few bucks to get there by cab maybe he should give classes on customer service because he was above and beyond his personally skills amazing I'm originally from Brooklyn NY and he picked up on that and again he made everything great thanks again Alex I'll never forget how great u where

simrans10
7/6/16

This is a company that in my eyes cheats the clients by not advising them when you are booking a hotel room even in your own country that you will be billed in US DOLLARS. The Agents are advised not to spell this out to their clients even though your are providing them all the demographic details. You have to read their Terms & Conditions (lol). I hope Expedia that deals with the company reviews "getaroom.com" reservations policies.

davidg290
7/5/16

We were searching for a hotel in Rome. The Hilton popped up and we thought we were dealing directly with the chain, but when we received the confirmation it was getaroom.com. The charges ended up being $120 over the quoted price and they had already charged our card. After a long process on the phone they agreed to refund us the $120. They sent us the following. Quote
Kenisha Jones, Apr 25, 10:28 PM:
Dear Mr.
Thank you for booking with Getaroom.com. We have issued a refund for the amount of $120.58. Typically our refunds take 3-5 business days to process, however depending on your bank it can take as long as up to 30 days or 2 billing cycles to reflect on your account.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-468-3578 for international 469-675-5368, or by email escalations@getaroom.com.
Best regards,
Kenisha J.
unquote
So I waited two billing cycles and guest what - no refund. So I sent them an email and received following: Quote
Dayanara Rodriguez, Jul 5, 8:15 AM CDT:
Dear Dave,
Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com. The reservation will be refunded for the amount of $120.58 once the stay has been completed. Once the stay has been completed, the refund will be processed.
If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-468-3578, or 00-1-469-675-5368 for callers outside the U.S.
Regards,
Dayanara Rodriguez
DON'T DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY AND IF YOU GET SUCKED IN YOU WILL HAVE TO FILE A DISPUTE RESOLUTION WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY

mahtabn
7/2/16

Hi,

I booked a room last night before my trip to Ottawa in Canada. The website gave me a currency selection to Canadian dollors which I paid for. The first confirmation came without showing the currency and 2 hours later, the second confirmatin was sent, showing the getaroom.com charged me not only with US dollars, but charged me a hidden fee of Delta airline which I never travelled with.

The hotel room was not even booked for me and at the time of checking in, my information was not on the system. The check-in guy told me that the room I got charged for was double-booked!

I gave a call to the company and nobody seemed like to care and they told me for the $677 CA dollars fee, they can only return 176 CA, due to their policy and even if you are selecting the currency, they will charge in US dollars without you knowing. This is the policy to false advertise and make people purchase something without any service, in a hidden currency. Also, the shift supervisor told me that he will take a full responsibility for the fault and he doesn't care that a woman will end up sleeping on the street over night without having a room - recorded voice in the call centre - July 1st, 2016, Mr. Damin.
PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE AND REPORT THE FRAUD.

mynas
6/28/16

I obtained reservation through this service and I wish I had seen the reviews first. I first called and canceled a room on 6-7-16. I have been calling ever since trying to obtain that refund. The young lady I spoke to on 6-19-16 said she would do it manually and it would reflect on my card in 3-5 business days. It is now 6-18-16 and no refund. As of my phone call today, the new young lady says it was approved on 6-10-16 for the refund and I should get it in 30 days. Why do I have this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach??? Avoid this website!!

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GetARoom staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/3/16
Add your answer
5/18/16
Answer
km118
A: I would not use it. Better to reserve thru the hotel directly. I used them and thought I was getting a good deal but in actuality paid more than hotel was offering at the time.
5/18/16