Review of GetARoom

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

shawnm89
4/25/17

Called to make a reservation and when I received the confirmation email I noticed the address was different than the hotel I called to book. Called back immediately and they told me there was no refunds and refused to transfer us to correct hotel or refund our money. Worst company I've ever dealt with!!! Horrible company and horrible customer service

juliab95
4/25/17

We have had a miserable experience with this site. We called while we were on the road to book a pet friendly room. After a long call, Getaroom found us a room near where we wanted to stay that was supposedly pet friendly and took our credit card for the room AND the pet fee. When we arrived at the hotel, the hotel was not pet friendly and refused to let us stay ( we have a 12 lb dog). We called the customer service number and were told that the charge was nonrefundable and that there was nothing that could be done. We ended up having to get a room at another hotel so Getaroom.com cost us a lot of money. Two days later, after escalating the issue, we are still being told that we are out of luck. I would strongly recommend that noone use this service.

maryy29
4/25/17

I booked a hotel at the Halifax Airport Hotel. Told them I needed the parking package while I was away. She told me the parking was charged for minimum one week at a rate of 40.00 The total with parking came to 166.00 at a non refundable rate
However when I went to confirm my reservation there was no parking included and the hotel told me the parking cost was 40 $ I said yes I know that but I paid the 40$ when I booked. It was a third party booking so the hotel couldn t help me.
When I called the company back she told me the $40 was for tax recouperation charges???
Even though on the site it says no fees
Plus the hotel is a Canadian hotel and the charges are in U S dollars
Call your hotel directly it is cheaper even though I signed on for the supposedly cheaper non refundable rate
They lied through there teeth and when I phoned back they were rude and didn t give a dam about the customer!!!!
Never use this company

michaell296
4/24/17

They pretend to be the hotel's website and ad large fees (40%) on to the reservation. When I called to question the basis for the fee they added to the reservation, GetARoom pretending to be unaware of the charge and suggested that it must have originated from the hotel. When I called the hotel directly, they explained how I had ended up on the GetARoom site when trying to make my reservation directly with the hotel and that the 40% "Taxes and Service Fees" charge on my reservation confirmation was not the hotel's charge. Fortunately, I was within the grace period for cancellation and was able to re-book the room directly with the hotel, saving $370 for a two-night reservation.

davym10
4/23/17

They skirt legality by not identifying themselves and pretending to be the hotel reservation service rather than who they really are. They add extra fees! You wore will pay more than dealing with the hotel directly so make sure you stay away from them!

jamesk209
4/22/17

Horrible experience, they did not provide the room that was on the reservation, they overcharged and then flat out lied telling me the cancellation policy was the hotels not theirs! Thankfully I contacted the hotel prior to my trip and the hotel made it right not getaroom.com! Book anywhere else!

rachels149
4/22/17

We were recently traveling to Florida during spring break and although I've never had this problem in all my years driving down there, there were no rooms available anywhere on our route. We kept pulling off the expressway only to be told there was no availability. Finally, I talked my husband into getting on the phone to try to do something other than stopping to ask every few miles. He saw a Super 8 link, clicked on it, and was led to the number for Getaroom, although we thought it was the number to the hotel. The agent tried to find us a room but was also having problems. When it was determined that the Super 8 didn't have any availability, his wording made me think that we had reached a third-party booking agent so I asked him to find us something - anything. We had been on the road for over 14-hours, had already had a delay due to car problems, and we had our son in the car so it was really getting dicey. After about twenty minutes of looking, he found us a room that was two-hours away but the closest, on our route, and better than nothing. I'm honestly not sure what we were charged at this point but it was a Ramada Inn and it was over $200 for two queens in a middle-of nowhere hotel. At that point, I was willing to pay without asking too many questions just because of the relief. We were so grateful, even though it seems that he probably made around $100 from us. What led me to this site today was that I got an email with a link to register for Getaroom but the link was invalid. Good luck. I wouldn't use them again after reading these reviews, but for me, they got us out of what could have been a very bad situation.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

sherryt26
4/22/17

Similar as other reviews - thought I was booking through the hotel directly but found out too late it was thru this website. DID NOT get a good rate. Charged $25 more than if I went directly thru hotel website. Disgusted!

assafs1
4/18/17

I have made two non refundable reservations (but with a great price) for a resort in the Seychelles using getaroom.com via kayak. After reading the reviews here my heart sank and I was extremely worried.
I called the hotel to verify my reservations were in place - but as many stated here - the reservations were not there.
Getaroom phone rep was unhelpful and kept following his script like a robot and told me they only forward the reservation to the property 72 hours in advance.

I was naturally nervous until 3 days before checkin - I have called the hotel again and found out my reservation was still not there. Called getaroom again, however this time I was put on hold while a supervisor cleared things out with the hotel. In 30 minutes I had 2 hotel confirmation numbers for both of my stays which were checked out by the hotel.
I had no further issues or hiccups after that. Checkin was uneventful both times (even got a complementary upgrade).

To summarize - the service getaroom provides should clearly improve but it's not a scam. If I wasn't aware of the potential issues and followed up - we probably would have been surprised to find there is no reservation when we arrive at the property - but thanks for my productiveness situation has been avoided.

kr4366
4/12/17

Similar story... thought I was talking to the hotel reservation desk because their phone number was on the hotel's website. The representative spoke broken English, struggled with the computer (took over 40 minutes to book ) and didn't tell me it was non refundable. In fact, she gave me a cancellation date and time. Called back the next day to cancel/complain after reading the "nonrefundable paragraph" on my receipt and the representative refused to let me speak to a supervisor/manager and refused to cancel my reservation. I called the hotel direct and they are trying to help me and called my credit card company. Anybody have any luck with fixing their reservation problems with this company?

philipt32
4/6/17

Booked a hotel and cancelled it. I was worried about cancelling it after reading these reviews. Got my refund within 3 days. Excellent service!

janel257
4/5/17

I booked a room while traveling. Was quoted 54 dollars for a night. When I got my credit card bill I was charged 76.12. Apparently, they charge a "recovery" fee that was not disclosed!

tomr139
4/4/17

total rip off! They charged me $117 more than what booking at the hotel directly would have charged. I have a receipt from check out that is $117 less than what getaroom charged. So if you book with the hotel directly, you will save $. Their scam website tries to look like the hotel site and make you think you are booking with the hotel. THey should be investigated for deceptive practices.

pierre-lucd
4/4/17

I went on the website of the hotel I wanted to book, and called the number. I though it was the front desk but no... it was getaroom.com.
I told the girl I was looking for a room around 130$ in toronto. She told me she has a room for 157$. Couple minutes after the reservations, I received the confirmation email: 157 USD. How could I expect to pay in USD when I'm in Canada??? I wanted to pay 130$ but now it's 256$. 10 seconds after, I called the customer service, but nothing to do. Worst experience with customer service ever.

ag948
4/4/17

Somehow - I reached this site quite by accident. I called the 800 number thinking that I was calling the hotel directly. It was a booked week for this facility and I wasn't finding any availability. When I called the 800 number - I asked if I was calling the hotel site reservation and GETAROOM said yes. How misleading! They straight up lied to me. Because I truly needed the room for that night and that city was totally booked up due to a popular sporting event - I took the room rate which was so out of control. Then, my client's project timeline changed and I called immediately to ask to move the reservation to the following week and they will not work with me to do so. I have to totally eat the reservation rate. Do Not Ever Book Through This Site. They are so SHADY! And in order to register a complaint with them - you have to jump through a bajillion hoops. I am planning on writing on every social media site to forewarn others of their unscrupulous business endeavors. Run for your life! Don't book through them! I wish I had been paying more attention when I had started the booking process and realized that I had called outside of the hotel property reservations. How derelict of their customer service people to misrepresent themselves - It's just short of criminal - it not actually criminal.

Tip for consumers: DON"T DO IT! You'll be sorry! Worst Customer Service Ever. They will never help you with adjusting your travel plans. They will take your money.

karlas21
4/3/17

We are currently fighting with Getaroom to refund our money after we cancelled our reservation long before the 3-day prior to arrival requirement for a free refund, as stated by their reservation associate. After reading other reviews it is very apparent that they routinely mislead customers and try to cheat them out of their money. Do NOT use this site!

kouamen
4/2/17

They booked a room for me at a hotel that was closed down and are slow or unwilling to refund my money. I would stay away

efw1

excellent service.
we have received exactly what we have reserved. (5 stars hotel in Limassol)
very good deal

phill632
3/29/17

This company is awful. I wanted to change my reservation from Friday to Thursday and they would not do it, nor would they refund me. Read the fine print, this was a prepaid room with no refund options, but it was not clearly advertised. Also if I was getting a smoking deal I might accept the no refund, but I ended up getting a better deal through another site, so their "deal" sucked and was no deal. Their customer service was awful and could care less, sounded like they hated their jobs and life. This site sucks if I wasn't clear!

vondas2
3/29/17

Tis booking agency is a rip off, overcharged then told me it was nonrefundable. Do not use them. It is a rip off.

maa129
3/19/17

Terrible experience I did not know I was using but will ensure I never use again overcharged by huge amount

thadeausp
3/18/17

I manage a hotel, and am speaking currently to the authorities. Hope you had fun. It's about to end. Too many times. Spineless schmucks.

nielss21
3/18/17

Cancelled hotel via email to getaroom on start day of 3-day trip (baby got ill, had to go to hospital).
But Getaroom doesn't accept my e-mail as a valid cancellation!

jonathand53
3/17/17

These are my problems with the company:
1. I was looking for a room for my family to stay in and did a quick internet search and the number for this company came up as if it were a direct number to the hotel. This is dishonest.
2. When I called the number, the woman I spoke with (Sabrina) gave me the impression that I was speaking with the actual property, because she called it "our property." They never identified themselves as a third party supplier. While this might not be dishonest it is certainly slimy.
3. She said that the standard rate for the room was $200 and that she could offer a special rate of $99. I found out at the hotel, the walk-up rate for a room is $80.10. Sabrina was dishonest with her description of the prices.
4. She said that the total for the room would be $137.84 which included a service fee. I explicitly asked was was the service fee. And she responded that there was no service fee. The call took place at 7:22pm on 03/17/17. If getaroom wants to check the "recording for quality purposes." This is both dishonest and slimy.
5. When I arrived at the hotel, while checking in I asked the woman at the checkin counter "are you Sabrina who I spoke with a little while ago?" She replied that No, I spoke with someone form Expedia (judging from the virtual card ending in 1217, which the room was charged to).
She said that the walk up rate for the room is $80.10 + 10.21 Tax = $90.31 total.

Basically, getaroom posed as the hotel and overcharged me by $47.53. This company, which is apparently associated with Expedia in some way is terribly dishonest. I simply do not see how they can legally do what they are doing. I will never work with this company or Expedia again, and will broadcast this story as far and wide as I can so others do not get scammed in the same way I did.

ellenm55
3/15/17

Terrible customer service. I got to them through Trip Advisor which is usually a reputable company but not this time. STAY AWAY. Getaroom are horrible, bad customer service.

31 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GetARoom staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question