Review of GetARoom

Tel: 800-468-3578
customerservice@getaroom.com

jonathans116
9/22/17

I thought that I was booking through the hotel website and the reservation was hijacked by Get a Room. When I checked out, noticed excess fee ($63.77) on $139 room charge. Immediately discussed with assistant manager who on my behalf is doing everything she can to complain through multiple sources to put them out of business. Hotel was embarrassed by being hijacked.

Will be contacting BBB and any other place to stop this company. Be careful when you make any reservation and stay away from GET A ROOM - CROOKS

annw71
9/21/17

I went to what I thought was the hotel's website. Because of the way these people present themselves, it looked that way. I found out AFTER I booked and paid that there was a $59 recovery fee assessed to my $128 room. I called immediately to deal with it but was told there was nothing they could do since it was a non-refundable room. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she refused to get one for me. After I refused to hang up and kept badgering her to do something she finally agreed to process a one time courtesy refund of the recovery fee but I would have to wait until AFTER my stay to get this refund. That made no sense at all but she would not budge. Then told me I could respond to some email if I wanted a supervisor. No one has called yet. She had a heavy accent and was difficult to understand. I have never dealt with these people before but I will go out of my way to avoid them. I have booked online for years with no one ever charging a fee, much less one that is 46% of the actual cost of the room.

stephaniem215
9/16/17

Never use this site.
I booked a reservation and had to cancel it due to the hurricane.
They would not refund my money.
When I tried to talk to a manger - Michael told me to send an email. I said I want to speak to a manger and all he kept saying was is there anything else I can help you with.
I will never use this site again and I will make sure everyone I know does not.
They are deplorable.

alicem91
9/16/17

I evacuated my mobile home for Irma. I called the number for Rosen hotel because they were supposed to have special hurricane rates.I got getaroom without knowing it. The agent didn't identify himself but said Rosen was full but Quality Suites had rooms for $62.00 I was in a panic and booked the room. The room charge was $186 plus $86. I realized later that taxes should have been about $24.00 So I was charged about $60 more. I have used other online services like Priceline and never had such a fee-it negates the room deal. Getaroom is dishonest and should not be used by anyone. I don't understand how they can stay in business. Alice Meyers

marias287
9/15/17

The price that was quoted was not the price we paid they charged us over $200 for a three night stay just for taxes and "service charges" !!
A three day stay cost us $695 - when the room price listed was $119 a night!
I tried to contact the customer service department- they NEVER responded-
I talked to someone at their 800 number- basically was told over and over - NO SUPERVISOR available to speak to - NO REFUND POLICY !!
DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!
Learned my lesson!! NEVER again!!

elainen22
9/15/17

Made booking for business trip for my boss & colleague. Eventually upon their arrival at the hotel, hotel staff confirmed that there is NO reservation done from GetaRoom at all.
Tried to call all the numbers available from the website, but non of them existed.

No immediate help desk at all.
What a GREAT service!

Emailed them regarding this is issue and asked for refund, but only gotten auto reply. Nothing more.

jrg3
9/15/17

So I write this as I am on hold (for the second time now for 23 minutes) waiting to cancel a reservation I booked less than an hour ago for a stay 6 weeks from this date. Get a Room representatives have now told me twice that they spoke with the hotel reservations and blamed them for not wanting to cancel my booking. When I called the hotel they show no notes that anyone has called in reference to my reservation. Bottom line is I made the mistake of not noticing I was not booking with the hotel directly and was actually booking on Get-a-Room.com/Priceline. If you are interested in paying for service and having a positive experience in the event of an innocent mistake use ANYBODY else. Get-a-room stood by their cancellation policy and charged me half of my booking and I got nothing. Please remember I called 5 minutes after booking to cancel. They are a complete joke when it comes to customer service! Never again for me.

ga9711
9/9/17

BE AWARE! We just arrived to check into our 5-star hotel, after a long trip, booked and confirmed on their Website, with confirmation email guaranteeing the room, and the hotel said they had no booking for us. The hotel produced a letter they had received from Getaroom saying they were relocating us to a hotel far outside of town because there was no availability. No one from Getaroom ever bothered to tell us that, we were informed by the apologetic hotel staff who received the bizarre letter. If we book a room at a hotel we should have reasonable expectation of being reserved a room at THAT hotel, not one miles from town which we did not choose! And if there are changes to our reservation we would expect to be communicated BEFORE we arrive to check in. They sent that letter to the hotel several days before, but decided to not communicate that to us so we could change our travel plans accordingly, in a show of disrespect and disdain for their customers. What a bunch of no good scammers, completely ruined our trip through Europe. We will never do business with this disreputable and crooked company again. Book through them at your own risk, and don't expect to get a room at the hotel you actually booked for.

maryw303
9/8/17

Our charge card showed a $39.46 "tax recovery fee" was added to the 64.99 motel rate that was quoted on our 8/21/17 stay.

jeffreyh83
9/6/17

We recently booked through getaroom for our first time. We were told we had a poolside room booked for us only to find out when we got there that there were none available. We ended up getting a king size room instead of the double queen we thought we were getting. But the worst part was the price. Since we prepaid (which I will never agree to again) we were unable to get the difference refunded. The hotel desk asked me who I booked through because we were paying way more than what they would charge for the poolside room that we couldn't even get. So after everything, we paid over $170 for a king bed that the hotel normally charges $104. The hotel was apologizing that they couldn't accommodate the room for us but couldn't figure out how we were able to book when all the rooms were already spoken for. All things considered we won't be using this booking site again, or staying at the same hotel, it was the filthiest place we've ever stayed.( We've stayed in many of $60 hotel rooms and been more than satisfied.) We were out of there as soon as we could in the morning. Just an overall terrible experience.

christineb135
9/4/17

I too was quoted a room price of $154 "plus applicable taxes "which were not specifically stated. Then I got my bill and found a $74 charge for taxes and fees. I have contacted my credit card company and will be contacting the BBB. I am also letting the hotel know that should should not allow getaroom.com to handle room reservations for them.

donnad115
9/3/17

Really...this site needs to be completely Shut Down. They mirror hotel sites so that you think you are on the correct reservation site and then charge a huge markup and additional fees such that you end up paying much more than you should for the room despite what appears to be a great deal. DO NOT USE. When you figure your mistake, they will not let you talk to any management and getting your full refund is an hours long nightmare on the phone. Thank goodness I booked with a credit card and now the charges are in dispute. Again...a SCAM. DO NOT USE.

louisb63
9/3/17
• Updated review

In response to my review of GetARoom, a representative offered to send me a check for $40, the difference between what the motel would have charged me and what GetARoom charged me. I have received the check and am pleased that they took some corrective action.

“Deceitful agent”
9/1/17
• Previous review

I called a number that appeared to be that of the motel at which I wished to stay. The number turned out to be a GetARoom agent, but I did not know that. The agent told me that all the rooms were filled up. Slippery/Deceitful. (What he meant was that all the rooms for which GetARoom had contracted were filled up. Turned out the motel had many empty rooms) I asked if he represented the motel in question or was an agent for a booking agent. He said he was, indeed, a representative of the motel in question. Slippery/Deceitful. (What he meant by his answer was that his agency represented the motel in question as one of many motel chains with which GetARoom does business.) He offered to find another motel room in the same area and for approximately the same price. That surprised me. Why would a motel offer to find me another room elsewhere? I asked about this. Oh, this is a service that the motel provides as a service. This time he was not only Slippery/ Deceitful but Lying. Yes the agency, GetARoom, will try to find me another room, but this is not a service of the motel in question. At this point I should have hung up, but I believed, after talking to him, that most rooms in the area were indeed filled up and I had no choice. In the end, I was charged $118.82 for a room that would have cost me about $80 if I had been in direct contact with the motel and not this GetARoom agent. I thought booking agents were supposed to help you find a room at a reduced rate and not one that is 50% higher. I tried to cancel but was told the motel has a no cancellation/no refund policy. Slippery/Deceitful (What he meant was the motel had a no cancellation/no refund policy for booking agencies, not for customers.) I called GetARoom on the phone to object. Sorry. The motel has a no refund/no cancellation policy and you agreed to it. Repeat, You agreed to it. Yes, in ignorance (likely, naivety also) I had agreed to it.

Louis B

tammyz2
9/1/17

Didn't realize that I was booking with these guys. I wanted to make reservations at the Doubletree Hilton and this popped up. I made reservations but mistakenly didn't put in the right date. I immediately called them and told them what I had done and asked them to change the date and I would pay the additional amount for a weekend booking. I made the reservation mistakenly for that same night which meant I had an hour to get to the hotel before the next day kicked in. Contacted the hotel and they told me that GetARoom had to refund the card, that their hands were tied. I'm out out $231.62. Wish I could have given that room to a homeless person since no one was able to use it. I know that if they wanted to they could have done the right thing. Shame on you!!!!

ericw119
8/31/17

Federal government should look into this website....will take ur money even if u pay extra for cancellation fee....Run don't look back......

junel35
8/30/17

Please do not use this website to book hotel. They had a problem on the website description and it was listed a suite with 2 rooms. When we got there, it is only a junior suite with only 1 room only.

They refused to do the cancellation despite we called them immediately to report this problem. They only asked us to wait while they followed up with the management and the hotel. Anyhow, we had to book another 2 rooms separately at the end and thought they will resolve the problem and give us back the money.

It has been over 4 weeks since we reported this problem and still no refund. They took our $176 and gave us some lame excuse to brush it off. Below is the stupid and unprofessional Customer Service team reply:

===================================================
Dear David,

I understand the customer is requesting a refund for this reservation as they were under the impression that they booked a two bedroom suite.
Our records indicate this booking was secured for a Junior Suite, 1 King Bed under room type code:201568400.

The hotel has declined to offer a refund as this was a same day cancellation.

As the hotel is billing in full and our records indicate the booking was secured for a Junior Suite I am unable to offer a refund.

Kindest Regards,
Laura
Customer Care

gregorym48
8/29/17

As others I thought i9 was booking directly with the residence Marriott but soon found out by email that it was get a room. My friends room the same night was 50 bucks cheaper. We were there for a funeral. We compared receipts. No help from company. Hid the cost in Tax. Fraud.

dougieb2
8/29/17

Lost 145 $ in hidden fees, they didn't even mention an pay more for the room than the hotel was asking therefore I pay 145$ for them to betray my trust, don't fall for there guarantee tittle they will not stand by there agreement. Currently disputed, they got visa to deal with now, HOORAHH Visa.

danr115
8/27/17

I did not realize I was booking with these guys, I thought it was Raddison. In the end I had to leave the room early and my wife checked out after me. Raddison had no record of the payment I had already made and thus we ended up paying twice. I am filing a dispute with AMEX to somehow recover the payment.

Tip for consumers: Stay away. Total scam.

ozzyc1
8/26/17

The worst I went on Marriott to book a room and got bumped into getaroom and didn't notice until after my reservation was done. Their cancellation policy sucks and they won't even change a reservarion. Money grubbers that don't give a heck about customers.

rickyc20
8/25/17

My room request was incorrect two times before they got it right. The company agents never wants to admit they made a mistake.

jamess598
8/25/17

The booking process was intentionally misleading. The webpage I was on was set up to trick the user into thinking they were on hotel's website. After completing my reservation, I received my email confirmation from getaroom.com, which was the only indication that I had not actually booked directly with the hotel. After selecting the rate and providing my credit card info, the completed transaction showed a $621 "Tax Recovery" fee that was NOT disclosed earlier. This is for a 3 day booking so getaroom.com added over $200 per day to my hotel cost! AVOID GETAROOM.COM unless you enjoy being ripped off.

bradm62
8/25/17

I would give zero stars, if allowed.

This site billed us a 50% service fee AFTER we made our hotel reservation. When calling the offshore customer care, they said "no cancellations" and hung up on us. Total racket that makes money on overcharging fees.

evek8
8/24/17

I thought the website was the actual Hotel Boulderado and mistakenly made my reservation through GetARoom. I never book through these sites because they mispresent cancellation and other policies. I booked two rooms, but now only need one room. I called the actual Hotel which has no issue with my cancellation of one room as they are sold out for CU Boulder Family weekend. I was told by Supervior Maria on August 22, 2017 at 4:25 p.m Pacific that I have to cancel both rooms and re-book one room. I explained that was not an option because the hotel is sold out and I would not be able to re-book one room. She said that was unfortunate, but that is the policy. I also explained that the actual reservation says that "Each room is subject to the Cancellation Policy. . ." This should mean that each room is treated separately. Maria responded that even though that language is clearly on the confirmation, that there is a link to fine print terms and conditions that provide otherwise. Maria refused to cancel one of my rooms so that GetARoom effectively would make me pay double for the one room. I asked Maria for her last name so that I could let GetARoom corporate know that their employee was not at all helpful and she refused to give me her last name. Absolutely horrible experience and I feel defrauded. If anyone at GetARoom sees this and wants to make it right, you can email Eve at ehk@lnbyb.com.

donnan44
8/23/17

WHAT A RIP OFF!! This getaroom service is not worth the effort. I booked a room way in advance and paid the nonrefundable fee, thinking this would get me a very good rate. They advertise it as a bargain at $135 a night. Well just 7 days prior to our arrival, my son found the same room at the same hotel for $115. This site is WRONG when they say, Want a better deal? They should say then Don't use getaroom!!!. The rates they offer exceed any of the other sites, plus they sucker you in to a non-refundable room without a breakfast. So on top of paying 20% almost 30% more than the other services my family still has to go out and buy breakfast, WHAT A RIP OFF. I should have read these reviews first then I Never would have booked with this site....

Helpful answer

I would not use it. Better to reserve thru the hotel directly. I used them and thought I was getting a good deal but in actuality paid more than hotel was offering at the time.

By k m. on 5/18/16

call 800-468-3578 but good luck.They are scammers

By maureen b. on 1/12/16
Helpful answer

Thought I was booking on the actual hotel sight but was deceived in as much as it was Getaroom. Talked to someone else also staying at this hotel at the same for about a third less. Called them right back and had already charged my card and it would be up to 3 weeks to refund. That's about what it took but did get refund. Then checked reviews and no one had anything good to say about getaroom. Go straight to hotel sight of one you know and trust or stick with something like Travelocity.

By Luva K. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

They are a site attached to Trip Advisor---- if you see them on screen while trying to book a room-- hit cancel. I'm out over $150 because of their fraudulent cancellation policy.

By Patty D. on 1/9/16
Helpful answer

Wow. This is one bad company. Made a reservation and then needed to cancel. They gave cancel date all along. I called to cancel on that date and was told that date was only for 1 minute of date they told me. I was supposed to forfeit one night's cost. Luckily I made reservation on AMEX and they'll tell this fraud company to get lost. Moral of the story: make reservations through hotel.

By Dennis B. on 10/6/16
Helpful answer

They don't guarantee the room. You might get there and have to pay extra for the room you expected to get.

By Cyndi O. on 7/7/15
Helpful answer

HEY, friend send them a email. o try to call them. good luck!

By Angel B. on 5/1/15
Helpful answer

The hotel has nothing to do with these scumbags.

By Dennis B. on 9/11/16
Helpful answer

I didn't have a European #. Whenever I have doubt, its the 1800# of getaroom that I rang and most of the people that I spoke to on the other end were very helpful. After finalising my booking through getaroom and got the confirmation or receipt # from getaroom, I have allowed at least 48 hours grace period and rang the hotel # direct to ensure that my booking with that hotel, via getaroom was legit and as I mentioned, I never had any problem of all the 10 hotels I booked through them. The best part was after hour trip, I sent back the coupon discount and got 10% refund (if my booking was more than $400)...My advice is to read all the print and if in doubt, ring the getaroom contact number.

By Tina T. on 6/27/15
Helpful answer

hi friends, unfurtunatelly my husband had bought yesterday a room to stay in Dubai, i tried to get to our reservation page we can not find any reservation. so i sent a email asking why such and the reply is that- ~Elia Compton, Apr 15, 8:02 AM: Dear xxxxxx Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com Customer Care. The reservation was just booked yesterday for arrival Wednesday, Jun. 10, 2015 Depending on your arrival date, in some cases, your name may not appear at the hotel until 72 hours prior to your arrival date. Rest assured, getaroom.com guarantees your room is booked from a pre-negotiated block of inventory. I sent a confirmation to email address: xxxxxx@hotmail.com. You can also access the reservation on Getaroom.com. Click on the reservations link and enter the information to look up the reservation. Enter first and last name, and the confirmation code with the letter R in front of it. Once you access the receipt you have the option to print the receipt for your records. Kind Regards, Elia Compton getaroom.com Well, friends hope we are not wrong and everything goes fine in Dubai.

By Angel B. on 4/28/13
Questions? Get answers from the GetARoom staff and other customers.

GetARoom?