US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

georgog
12/7/16

I had bought a couple bikes online from other guys, but liked the service and special that BD gave me most.
Got a new bike over black friday weekend and am loving it!

robbiem29
11/24/16

I almost never write reviews but had such great experience with Bikesdirect
I shopped for a carbon road bike with Shimano locally and everyone online. Not even Amazon could beat the price. Plus I got free shipping. Had a minor issue and Larry took care of me without delay. Highly recommended!

vans33
11/20/16

I have purchased lots of bikes online for myself and for friends

Bikesdirect clearly has the best prices
I personally have two bikes from them

But what surprises me is; they also have the best service

I needed a part for a different bike and the local shop was giving me the run around
I emailed Larry at bikesdirect service and he actually found the part in his back stock and priority mailed it to me for a super low price

Really I incredible service

jamesw369
11/15/16

In a shop you can not get a road bike under $800, and I do not have that much cash

I shopped everywhere and found the only name brand nicely equipped road bikes under $300 are at bikes direct

I ordered a Mercier for $249 and it was delivered in perfect condition in two days

You can not beat this deal
I was even able to set it up in less than an hour

I love it! It's a very clean white with silver and black trim / very racy

kevink101
10/13/16

I recently bought two Mango Parrot bikes - one for my wife and another for my daughter. Fast shipping and easy assembly. It took more time to unwrap the carefully packaged bikes than it did to actually assemble them! Only had one minor issue with one bike - the front tube wouldn't hold air and it shipped without a rear/red reflector. Larry hooked me up with no questions asked. My wife and daughter love the bikes!!! Highly recommended.

michaelr262
9/14/16

Bought a Bikes Direct 29er at Christmas. The delivery was 1 day early to my surprise, couldn't wait to get it put together. The hardest part about it was getting it out of the box and the wrapping. The packaging is well thought out and very protective. My box arrived with a smash mark in the side of the box, but everything inside was so well protected there was no damage. The assembly process is not difficult at all (I am very mechanically inclined) The directions are clear, read them twice they are a translation from another language. The adjustments for both the derailleurs and the disc brakes were very close and could have been ridden as received. Now that we are almost through the summer and I have some mileage on it love the bike. It is a great ride and the price was very good.

Tip for consumers: There are so many choices it is like a kid in a candy store.

allisonk30
8/24/16

When I first received the Motobecane bike I thought "what the heck did I get myself into?" but then Larry at Bikesdirect calmed me down and it came out perfect! I've made 4 trips around our local lake and couldn't be happier. Don't be afraid of a bike in a box!

ronh91
8/10/16

Bike was in great shape went together fine but the front brake cable assembly was totally missing!Was not on bike as delivered and no-where in box-I had to order another from Amazon in 3 pieces to make what I needed-very hard to contact of these people for anything-
Kinda disappointed some thing important was missing!
Bikesdirect got with me after I e-mailed them and they sent me the missing parts pronto-I am totally ok with deal now -thanks

michaelw279
8/9/16

just installed a set of single speed Baker Street wheels on a commuter bike for my son. I only needed a rear wheel but the used wheels at the multitudes of shops her in Portland were all $70-$150! For a basic 10 year old wheel. I saw those while searching the web and at $49 including tires and tubes were worth a chance. What I got was a well built nameless double wall rim, a decent set of hubs, stainless spokes and a set of kenda tires. I thought I would have to true them and grease and adjust the hubs but they were perfect right out of the box. After reading negative stuff about bikes direct by the bike snobs I can tell you my experience was great. I raced bicycles for most of my youth, and worked in bike shops so I'm no novice. I got a solid set of wheels for a great price.

roberts478
8/9/16

I was skeptical about buying a bicycle unseen, but went for it. I placed the order then realized I wanted a different size. I emailed Bikes Direct at 10:30 pm and a woman named Karla replied the next day got me the right size ordered. I received the bicycle in a few days and it's been great ever since. I will not hesitate to order again from this company.

pats183
8/6/16

Winter is coming sometime; and I thought I should jump on the fat bike craze

Problem is that stores all get over $1500 for a fattie

The gravity bullseye monster is one of the best fat bikes under $1500
And I found one on bikesdirect for $499
With free shipping !!

After I placed my order , it showed up in three days it perfect condition
Saving me well over $500

I love my fat bike

jamess444
8/6/16

I just got my third ATB from bikesdirect - what a deal on HAL5: paid $1099 for a full suspension that would go for over $2000 in a shop

Plus I paid no sales tax and got free shipping

All my purchases from BD have gone smoothmy
Plus several guys in my riding group have gotten mountain bike deals from this site .

Not sure how they do it: but their deals can not be beat!!!

Rock on guys

georgir
8/6/16

I bought two bikes feel that I really got more than my money's worth.
They look awesome and the ride is killer!
I did have to settle on another color for my girlfriend's bike, as the first one had sold out shortly before I placed my order. Wasn't really a huge deal for us as we were in it for the value and bikesdirect hooked us up on the 2nd bike.

All-in-all happy with my purchase

rachelb92
8/5/16

BOTTOM LINE, ASSEMBLY AND LABOR WOULD NOT NEED TO BE COVERED IF THE BIKE YOU SENT WAS PROPERLY PACKAGED. BY SENDING REPLACEMENT RIMS YOU AGREED THAT YOUR PRODUCT WAS PACKAGED POORLY. SO BECAUSE OF YOUR POORLY PACKAGED PRODUCT, I, THE CUSTOMER, SHOULD BE STUCK WITH THE ADDITIONAL COST? AND ON TOP OF THAT, THIS WAS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR MY HUSBAND WHO HAS BEEN GOING BACK AND FOURTH WITH YOU FOR 2 MONTHS NOW

davida273
8/3/16

Ordered a Diamondback Overdrive, it came earlier than quoted. Gears were perfectly adjusted out of the box, and assembly was simple.

juliaa28
7/21/16

I highly recommend Bikes Direct the Customer service is great, and fast response, very helpful, Delivery is top notch.

andyg54
7/11/16

Good quality bikes good price fast shipping. I bought two bikes and they fit me perfectly. First one got stolen. Never had to contact their customer support so no comment on that. One suggestion is to include a way to review each bike like Amazon. This is my go to place for bikes.

annied22
7/5/16

I ordered a townie bike to ride around downtown and love it!
Cute colors and inexpensive! Sorta like a DIY project with a functional reward at the end.
I recommended bikesdirect to my friends for when they need a bike of their own.
Choosing a bike can be hard only because they have lots of options and some bikes are really similar.
Once you find one you like ordering is simple and shipping doesn't take more than a week.

jordanm77
7/2/16

I was impressed by the turnaround on my bike. I ordered it on a Tuesday and had it on my doorstep the same Friday.
Almost wish I had bought two since the bike ended up being much nicer than I had anticipated.
Ride is smooth and no complaints spring to mind.

charlesb143
6/30/16

Nervous about buying a bike online without sitting on it but I couldn't pass up that price!
Got it in a little less than a week, had it thrown together in 25 minutes.
After some tweaks and tuning over the next day or two, I had a bona fide bicycle!

louisv22
6/28/16

Leaving this review as bikesdirect is a good deal better than I had hoped.
Had to do my research as bike must be built personally, but if you can put together an IKEA desk or lego set, shouldn't be much issue

fredb68
6/23/16

Hi, I'm 64, a retired Firefighter that used to run marathons and do biathelons until an injury. My last race was over 20 yrs ago (my bike was stolen). Decided to treat myself to a bike to get active in retirement. Ordered an AVE. D from BD, received it in 3 days. I think it's a work of art in Burnt Orange, I never used index shifters before, SWEET, lighter than anything I rode before and with disk brakes I can still stop during TX coastal rains. I had to pay taxes being in Texas and still think that at $432.00 this is by far the best bike value around. A few months of training then, see you at the races.

nickm102
6/16/16

I just got a new Hal 5 and it's been great. UPS smashed up the rear derailleur hanger, and Larry send me a new one and a surprise with the package 30 min after I explained the problem. These guys have top notch stuff and function with a very high level of customer service. I'm a customer for life!

jasonk75
5/26/16

I was able to purchase my new bike easily on bikesdirect.com. I received communication from them and my bike arrived from UPS just 3 days later. ( I ordered on Tuesday and received my bike on friday). I assembled it easily and was up and riding by Saturday afternoon. I would purchase from this company again.

johnx4
5/26/16

when I shop online
I want a good selection, safety, good products, free shipping, no sales tax, and a super good price

Bikesdirect has it all

I have purchased two bikes from BD and I am looking at a 3rd

Everyone knows their prices are the best in the bike business
But service, shipping, quality
They have the entire package

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BikesDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
chloed10
Chloe D.
2 weeks, 3 days ago
Answer
mikes244
mike s. [BikesDirect Rep]
A: Hi - please see our satisfaction guarantee :) http://www.bikesdirect.com/money.htm
Damages are covered by shipping insurance. In some cases, the boxes may appear scuffed or torn slightly but the bikes inside are well protected. Do not refuse a delivery of a scuffed or torn box, open and Inspect the bike and send an email to bd4servicecenter@aol.com with pics. 99% of the time, the bike is fine. Some pics are for illustration purposes, please see the spec list and notes for details :)
Happy Riding,
Joe Bikesdirect Customer Service :)
2 weeks, 1 day ago
on 10/19/16
Answer
mikes244
mike s. [BikesDirect Rep]
A: Hi - this is pretty easy to do :)
1) figure out what kind of bike you want - road, mtn, hybrid etc.
2) check the sizing chart on the page of that specific bike. Each bike has a different sizing guide so ensure you are looking at the specific chart.
3) if you still have questions about sizing - send an email with your details of type of bike, make/model and your measurements. Height, and cycling inseam.

Cycling inseam - measure it per these instructions -http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/roadsizing.html

But remember, don't wait too long to order a bike, the most common complaint is that we sell out of bikes too fast :)
Happy Riding :)