US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joem125

Amazing support that I have only previously seen when working with a local bike shop. (in 57 reviews)

benjaminh26

Oh, and excellent customer service and communication through email. (in 37 reviews)

williamb104

I just purchased my 4th road bike from Bikes Direct and would like to recommend them to all. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

juliaa28
7/21/16

I highly recommend Bikes Direct the Customer service is great, and fast response, very helpful, Delivery is top notch.

andyg54
7/11/16

Good quality bikes good price fast shipping. I bought two bikes and they fit me perfectly. First one got stolen. Never had to contact their customer support so no comment on that. One suggestion is to include a way to review each bike like Amazon. This is my go to place for bikes.

annied22
7/5/16

I ordered a townie bike to ride around downtown and love it!
Cute colors and inexpensive! Sorta like a DIY project with a functional reward at the end.
I recommended bikesdirect to my friends for when they need a bike of their own.
Choosing a bike can be hard only because they have lots of options and some bikes are really similar.
Once you find one you like ordering is simple and shipping doesn't take more than a week.

jordanm77
7/2/16

I was impressed by the turnaround on my bike. I ordered it on a Tuesday and had it on my doorstep the same Friday.
Almost wish I had bought two since the bike ended up being much nicer than I had anticipated.
Ride is smooth and no complaints spring to mind.

charlesb143
6/30/16

Nervous about buying a bike online without sitting on it but I couldn't pass up that price!
Got it in a little less than a week, had it thrown together in 25 minutes.
After some tweaks and tuning over the next day or two, I had a bona fide bicycle!

louisv22
6/28/16

Leaving this review as bikesdirect is a good deal better than I had hoped.
Had to do my research as bike must be built personally, but if you can put together an IKEA desk or lego set, shouldn't be much issue

fredb68
6/23/16

Hi, I'm 64, a retired Firefighter that used to run marathons and do biathelons until an injury. My last race was over 20 yrs ago (my bike was stolen). Decided to treat myself to a bike to get active in retirement. Ordered an AVE. D from BD, received it in 3 days. I think it's a work of art in Burnt Orange, I never used index shifters before, SWEET, lighter than anything I rode before and with disk brakes I can still stop during TX coastal rains. I had to pay taxes being in Texas and still think that at $432.00 this is by far the best bike value around. A few months of training then, see you at the races.

nickm102
6/16/16

I just got a new Hal 5 and it's been great. UPS smashed up the rear derailleur hanger, and Larry send me a new one and a surprise with the package 30 min after I explained the problem. These guys have top notch stuff and function with a very high level of customer service. I'm a customer for life!

jasonk75
5/26/16

I was able to purchase my new bike easily on bikesdirect.com. I received communication from them and my bike arrived from UPS just 3 days later. ( I ordered on Tuesday and received my bike on friday). I assembled it easily and was up and riding by Saturday afternoon. I would purchase from this company again.

johnx4
5/26/16

when I shop online
I want a good selection, safety, good products, free shipping, no sales tax, and a super good price

Bikesdirect has it all

I have purchased two bikes from BD and I am looking at a 3rd

Everyone knows their prices are the best in the bike business
But service, shipping, quality
They have the entire package

chucky2
4/29/16

Overall, a really good deal. Customer service was initially slow but responsive. The wheels came in missing parts. The box arrived open by UPS. Initially had trouble fitting the wheels because of missing parts. Once in touch with service adviser Larry the problem solving began. Larry stayed a bit late with me on a Friday. Found out I was missing spacers. These were sent the following Monday and arrived on Thursday. I needed to file the spacers down a bit but got them to fit. Wheels are well built and true.

Basically, need to be patient if there is a problem. The hours are limitted, but I felt Larry was helpful.

Tip for consumers: Be patient.

maryh205
4/26/16

My husband wanted a nice bike that I felt we could not afford

A friend told me to look online and I found a fat tire bike just like he wanted at Bikesdirect

Stores wanted over $1600 which was about $2000 with tax

I am not sure that the $499 tax free bike I got is as good; but I know my husband loves it and rides a lot

Loving the fact that I could make him happy within our budget

phils63
4/25/16

If you're a bike snob, stop reading now. Nothing I say will matter. I've bought 5 bikes, road, mountain and fat bikes from bikesdirect. You get great value.. just read the components, Shimano 105 is the same no matter where you get it. I had problems with a cassette, bikesdirect replaced it, no questions asked, with a better model than was originally on the bike. UPS misplaced a bike that was going to my son at college. Bikesdirect sent another one with expedited shipping. I run into people on trails with bikesdirect bikes ( I know their brands by now ), and everyone I meet is happy with their purchase.

justinm82
4/24/16

This is my fifth bike through them two from two from Cycle Spectrum and three from Bikes direct.com. All bikes have exceeded my expectations. I have lived past 12 years car free and these bikes have performed as should in bad weather and terrible Houstons pot hole littered streets. I have bought from major manufacturers and even had bike custom built these bikes can hold their own against them. I make a modest living so this company allows me to afford a bike that could not normally afford. Keep up the good work bikesdiirect, you have a long time loyal customer.

steveg106
4/23/16

I have ordered five bikes from bikesdirect

Every time it was the the same; great price; tracking email at once; bike delivered in perfect shape ; setup and assembly no problem -- and bike same quality as the best offered in any bike shop at half the price!

I have told friends about the site who have had the same experience; so why not spread the word on the net? Bikesdirect is the real deal

rona1013
4/21/16

I recently bought two bikes about a month apart. The first was flawless in every detail and a tremendous value, so i got another one....completely different model and type of bike. The second bike had several differences from the advertised spec sheet. Two appeared to be a model year upgrade, while the other three were clearly a downgrade and perhaps a prior year as well. A quick email resulted in an astoundingly quick reply, a change to the spec sheet and picture on the site and a $35 dollar, unexpected refund!!! I felt the discrepancies had a somewhat offsetting effect, due to the potentially increased performance of the newer items. I literally asked for nothing but for Bikes direct to fix their spec sheet on the site for this bike and take a new photo. All i have to say is wow. Best service i can recall in my adult life, and easily trumps the local LBS level of attention. Bikes direct is the real deal. buy with confidence from them....oh and three days order to door at my location. excellent in every way.

Tip for consumers: Just do your research, learn to fix your own bikes and buy with confidence.

johnh500
4/20/16

The title says it all. Bikes Direct not only sold me a great bike but when a problem came up due to bad advice from my LBS they responded with caring prompt professional service. With their direction I was able to get back on the road in no time. Their service dept is trustworthy and will go the extra courteous mile to accommodate the customer. Definitely recommend Bikes Direct!!

johnw462
4/14/16

I must admit, all my bikes except the grand premimo I have purchased at bike shops

And I would have bought in a local shop except I wanted a high grade steel road bike
No shop stocks those anymore
Shops have lots of aluminum and carbon road : but you just can not find chrome-moly

I searched and there were a few available on the Internet
Bikesdirect had by far the best deal
In fact, price was so low that I almost did not order
But the Motobecabe online reviews are good
And the grand premimo pictures looked great

When I got the bike in I was blown away
Workmanship is really nice
In fact flawless

I paid $899 for a Reynolds framed bike with shimano 105
Most places an equal bike would be $2000

I am glad bikesdirect stocks high grade steel bikes
But the price and service was so good that next time I want any bike
I will at least check this BD out

mattm94
4/13/16

this is exactly what online buying is supposed to be like!!

Saved a lot of money
Quick and free shipping
Paid no sales tax
Got tracking email super quick
Bike at my front door in 2 days
Perfect condition

paulap40
4/12/16

Being single mom of twin boys is not easy; especially since you have to pay double for everything

So when my skins wanted HIGHEND mountain bikes (after destroying their Walmart bikes); I was not looking forward to paying double the $800 to $1000 per bike it takes to get quality bikes

So I did a lot of shopping and found bikesdirect and I feel lucky that I did

I was actually able to get really nice bikes for $399 each and paid no shipping or sales tax
Plus the 29" bikes the boys wanted came in different colors BONUS for the kids as they hate matching colors

This bike selling site really helped me out

andyh52
4/11/16

I just got another ride from Bikesdirect. Happy again! When I bought my first one, I admit I was a little concerned about buying a bike online but my neighbor told me that he was happy with them so I gave them a chance. Now it's the only place I shop for a bike. Ya can't have too many bikes, though my wife disagrees, or too good of a lock (the unfortunate reason I made this purchase). I hope my next purchase is because I just want a new bike!

austinh39
4/11/16

I got really excited about cycling last year, all types of cycling

Started with a beginner MTB from bikesdirect as it seemed like a deal and it certainly was

Then added a nice trail hybrid; then a beach cruiser
Both from BD

Just receiver my forth bike
A nice MOTOBECANE road bike
So fun to go fast on the road

I am becoming a bike collector I guess LOL
always had great experience on bikesdirect
Delivered quickly to my front door
And easy setup
Same quality as paying double in a bike shop

What else could you want?

michaell190
4/9/16

I thought it would be great to have one of the new Fat Bikes for riding on the beach. Local bike shops thought so too; but all their fat bikes were over $1500! I can not afford a toy like that.

I decided to try online; found some low grade stuff like mongooses at about $300; but I did not want to buy into troublesome low end junk

Found a nice gravity fat bike on bikesdirect and decided to give it a try
I sure am glad I did, spent under $600 and got a bike that seems nicer than the shop bikes that are $1500

I love it and I love riding on the beach

susanb161
4/7/16

My friend got a cute cruiser from Bikesdirect

I was kind of afraid of buying a bike online but I did because they had the bike a wanted -- a Monet blue parrot cruiser

It came in three days in a box and my father came over and put it together in about an hour

I love it

rogers175
4/6/16

I bought a Motobecane hybrid; as I really could not afford the Trek I had been shown in a bike shop. I paid $399 and with free shipping & no tax.

I was surprised when it arrived by 2 things
1 - it only took me 25 minutes to set it up
2 - it was nicer in everyway than the Trek I had tested 3 times

Counting not paying almost $100 in sales tax; I save over $500

I feel really lucky to have found bikesdirect

38 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BikesDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Answer
mikes244
A: Hi New Gravity Fat bikes are available now in small sizes. Please email bd4salesteam@aol.com if you need help finding any bikes :)
1 week ago