Review of Warby Parker

Tel: 888-492-7297
help@warbyparker.com

ranid1
2/5/18

After my first experience in the store, I raved about it. Since then the hype has settled.

(+) AFFORDABLE, and the price is really as stated
(+) Found website design clean and easy to navigate
(+) called customer service twice, both times were helpful and knowledgeable
(+) limited upsell or pushiness from sales representatives in the store
(+) cute selection of frames. These are the first pair ever that I will willingly wear outside the house.
(+) out of network with my insurance (VSP), but I still got $95 of $125 reimbursed
(+) ordered my frames from a store on Dec 14th and they were delivered within 8 days.
(+) I was extremely skeptical of the 'algorithm' that selected frames for me at home try-on, but went with it anyway. I ended up choosing frames in-store and turns out the two I liked in-store were selected for me in the 'home try-on' option!
(-) brick & mortar stores are not available near me; I really like the option of visiting the store to get glasses adjusted, to select frames, to return frames, etc.
(-) I needed my frames adjusted...but got this done at my eye doctor's for FREE in 10 minutes. Warby Parker will reimburse up to a certain value for this, as well.
(-) frames are definitely not as sturdy as my others. Seem much more fragile and prone to breaking.
(-) makes me nervous that I could be liable if the home try-on pairs are lost in the shipping process!!

ab5326
2/3/18

I received a pair of glasses with scratches on them and sent them back to be replaced. After waiting another couple of weeks for the replacements, those glasses were damaged as well. One customer service rep said they would "double check" the third pair of glasses to make sure they would be good. Obviously they have problems with quality control if they let two pairs of defective glasses be sent to a customer. Another service rep told me she could't see anything wrong with the glasses even though the scratches and other problems were clearly visible in the pictures I sent. It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had and I ended up buying glasses from another company.

maxg34
1/18/18

So far I am disappointed by my experience with WP. I had them recommended to me by a friend and decided to try the Home Try-On, and had no issues. The order was placed and shipped on 1/5, a Friday, and arrived to me on 1/9, a Tuesday, quite a reasonable turnaround. I tried them on and selected a (prescription) pair, placing the order also on 1/9.

The glasses shipped out 1/12, a Friday, and this is where it starts to get disappointing. I asked for tracking information so I could have a better sense of when it would be delivered, and was somewhat surprised to see an estimate of 1/18-1/20 when I had received my order of frames in just two business days. I inquired with customer service, who reassured me that WP uses the same shipping service for the Home Try-On as they do for actual paid orders, and finished off by telling me I could expect my glasses as late as 1/23! But as I continue to track the status of my package, I am increasingly skeptical that this is the case -- since my glasses were shipped on 1/12, they have traveled between several irrelevant cities, and twice spent an entire business day just sitting at a shipping facility. I still have not received them and have no idea when I can expect to, since this pattern of activity does not line up at ALL with my experience from the Home Try-On.

I am theorizing that WP actually does NOT use the same kind of shipping for both packages -- it makes sense to me that they would use rush shipping on their Try-On, since at that point in the customer interaction they still have not received any of your money. Once you find a pair you like and the credit card runs through though, what incentive do they have to send the glasses promptly? They already have your money, you need the glasses to function properly in your every day life, so they can just stick you waiting.

I am disappointed in this experience not because of the delay in receiving my glasses, but because it has made it very difficult to trust this business. I feel as though they are being dishonest about the way they shipped my items, and my interactions with customer service, to borrow from another reviewer, were "cheerful, but not helpful".

They seem to offer no alternative methods of shipping (I gladly would have paid $10 to receive this package in less than two weeks), and the mismatch between the shipping time for their samples and the shipping time for my full order has left me with questions that Customer Service seemingly CANNOT answer properly. For future purchases and better peace of mind, I will opt for something local or an online service which places more of an emphasis on customer satisfaction.

kcc20
1/11/18

Like a lot of companies, when Warby Parker began they were amazing and actually wanted their customers to be happy. I get 2 pairs of glasses each year. I have seen the dramatic decline. This year 12/29/17 the customer service was so bad I thought it was a joke. I first tried to chat - rude & insulting. I then waited on hold for a "live person". WHOA!! Rude!! Its a new year and I am sure there is a new eyeglass startup to explore. I suggest you do that. I know I will be!! Happy 2018

tesss
12/30/17

I ordered a pair of (non prescription) sunglasses from Warby Parker, which are very stylish, but one of the lenses dropped out within a week. I had them repaired, but the lens was so scratched from the fall that they were no longer wearable.

I ordered a pair of prescription glasses too, which were too wide at the temple to use. WP told me to have them repaired elsewhere and they would cover the cost. I was told by 3 opticians that the frames couldn't be repaired to fit. I contacted WP, but as I needed glasses right away ( and was holding the misshapen ones with an 80's style Croakie!) and they weren't amenable to doing anything for me much less a rush order, I went instead back to a real optical shop.

malikar2
12/10/17

Ok so let me tell you a story: I used to waste a lot of money on glasses. Now that I have found WP I save a lot of money on glasses. Short story right? Well the bottom line is they have a lot of options and I am a happy customer.

thomasg118
12/2/17

Went to their store and found what I wanted at a good price. Staff was helpful in selection and fitting them. No problems at all.

arieln3
11/13/17

None of their glasses fit my face, but I appreciated the opportunity to be able to try them on and see for myself before purchasing.

billj101
11/11/17

Great gifting. My wife got to go and pick out a pair. Service was impeccable. Great styles prices. Love it.

lisab408
11/10/17

Love the way these glasses look, a little on the pricier side but still great quality!!! Super easy to order and try as well :)

melaniew43
11/3/17

The staff is friendly and made my husband and me feel confident in our selection. I will define be a lifetime member

nickb139
11/2/17

LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE

lynnb116
11/1/17

I've never wrote a review before but today, I drove 45 minutes to check out Warby Parker frames in Nashville. I was there for about 30 minutes and the lady helping me said very little to me...in fact, she was so concerned about whatever she was doing on her laptop, that I felt invisible. I would rather spend my money elsewhere. If customer service is something you're looking for..don't bother. .

christopherq3
10/30/17

4 pairs of glasses later, I'd never use WP again for glasses. Now? Glasses USA, great prices and good selection of frames. Warby Parker got my Rx wrong 3 times, and waiting for those stupid "millennials" to try and assuage me by telling me "everything is cool". That's a "business model"? Wow. Get your glasses from a reputable nearby optician.

annab374
10/28/17

It looks like an Apple store there are so many people milling about. Great selection, plenty of folks to help you. Prices either $95 or $145. Picked what we wanted, they shipped to our house. A really painless and rewarding experience.

fullahh
10/17/17

yea, they maybe catering to the millennials who wanna be the chicy trust-fund hipster types... wots great about WP is they fill in a gap that other optometry places cannot or won't. if you want high end frames be prepared to pay for it on all fronts. me, i've purchased two pairs of scrips that serve as my sunglasses... i have ZERO complaints about the scrip the frames... their customer service is EXCEPTIONAL, which harkens back to the error of old school customer service where they listen to the customer and are ready to remediate problems/issues. bear in mind, we live in a world of being overcharged for everything that is made in china all day long - everywhere - be a well informed shopper, do your homework and commit your money to stuff based on price and quality.... know what you want, not what u think you want. WP has a loyal and very satisfied customer in me.

mop16
10/12/17

I was very new to wearing glasses and someone suggested warby so I thought I started with Warby in 2016, I did the 5 try ons at home and I found a pair that I liked. I was confused about exactly what I needed for the prescription then when I found it....it was expired. But when I called customer service was so helpful. Then in oct of 2017 I scratched that pair and couldnt see well so I got another box of the try ons then I called to change something on my new order I asked about my scratched ones (which were out of the warranty by a week...) Customer service was excellent again they corrected my new order and are replacing my old lenses for free!!!!
Now the only thing I wish was better was I wish they had more of a selection, particularly sunglasses. I do not like the look of any of their sunglasses. I really wish that I could put sunglass lenses in some of the normal glasses frames.
Overall I love Warby Parker and Highly recommend it!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: do the home try on and don't ever hesitate to call their support lines they are awesome!!

billm214
10/11/17

Poor quality made-in-China junk that you put on your face to let everyone know you can only afford instant ramen noodles for dinner. I've felt higher-quality frames on gas station sunglasses. If you're still like... REALLY INVESTED in trying to be a cookie-cutter hipster then maybe this is for you? Better yet, skip the avocado toast for a month and invest in something high quality in your local economy. I won't be wasting any more money here.

loism36
9/6/17

Stylish, affordable and a pleasure to deal with. The best company for eye glasses. My ophthalmologist said they do a great job.

neemahk
9/4/17

I was super super nervous about purchasing glasses online because anything could wrong so easily. I spent 2 weeks deciding if I should order from Warby Parker and I'm glad I made the decision. I got polycarbonate glasses with the 1.67 high index (since my eyesight sucks). I followed the instructions carefully like they legit said to do lol, and they also suggest talking to your optometrist too, but I know I didn't have a reason to. Anyways, the glasses shipped in 11 days, which is right in between the time they said they would come or somewhere around that. They came in a very protective style along with a case and cleaners, so the usual. My glasses are cute and the prescription was accurate! Love them so far. The people on the help chat were also super nice and helpful.

*Note: most people who did not like WP probably did not look in detail with the instructions or talk to their eye doctor for more information like the site said one should. Or someone who has such privileged expectations that nothing next to perfect is "horrible" so yeah WP is great! Esp. for young people like me who actually like nerdy glasses :))))

thon11
9/2/17

We bought a number of glassware pieces from Warby Parker previously. However, my last prescription pairs was a disaster. We bought their new concentric model with the blue hue. Well, they sent us a pair which obviously looks like it was used already - with both the model name and their own WP print faded. We sent two pics and it took them several days to come back to us to say they would replace it. Well, after several days of waiting, they sent us a new pairs and guess what - it was the brown one (not blue as what we wanted). Again, after another set of email exchanges, they then sent us another set... after four weeks. We asked to have their founders to address the issue. Of course, no comment from them. We ended up having to go back to their local stores several times to have the pairs adjusted. Their local staff is great, however. Their quality control is EXTREMELY poor as evidenced by what experienced. Buyers beware... They were used to be good.

greggorys1
8/22/17

Look, Warby Parker is THE place to get sunglasses. Period. They have such a good grasp on style from classic to modern , they got it all! Check out their website or one of their brick and mortar stores, it's totally worth it!

lpl1
8/15/17

Cheap Chinese goods posed as premium goods. Their lenses contain cancer causing substance in polycarbonate which is in California's proposition 65. They never bother to tell their customers. That's what I called evil!!

adamv29
8/9/17

WB came highly recommended from a coworker of mine. Overheard him speaking about them, checked the site and I was like no way... not for that price... what's the catch!? I got my prescription with PD measurement, ordered the glasses online Saturday 08/05 and I received them today; Wednesday 08/09... 4 days later. I got the Crane TI in grey and they are great. I couldn't be happier! $145 for frames and lenses, can't beat that! I don't mean to gush but they are really nice and after years of buying glasses for $450+, it is really an incredible buy. Design may not be for everyone as the frames are on the bigger side but they fit me really well!

robinl93
8/2/17

The price is very inexpensive and the service was great but concerned the quality isn't what I normally get in most eyeglasses. I've had my glasses from WarbyParker for about 2 months and the one thing I've noticed is that the lenses constantly need to be cleaned.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Very appreciate of Steve's points. However, the quality of lenses from "online websites" is not necessarily the same thing as quality from Warby Parker. Would be interested to hear more about the quality of the particular kinds of lenses that Warby Parker uses.

By John R., Warby Parker Representative

A local eye doctor could perform this measurement for you and then you can submit it online

By Elle K., Warby Parker Representative

Here's how they "handled" my experience, in an email: Hi Christopher, Thanks so much for responding to our survey. We really appreciate your feedback. I realize that it has taken us a couple of tries to get your progressive eyeglasses right, and I wanted to reach out to make sure that our most recent attempt was successful, and to ask if I can do anything to help. I also want to apologize for the fact that our Customer Experience team was not responsive to your requests. This is not the type of experience we like to provide our customers, and I want to do all in my power to improve your experience with Warby Parker. Please let me know if there is something I can do to help! Thank you again for your feedback, and have a great holiday weekend! Best, Ally

By Christopher Q., Warby Parker Representative

WP provides the option to upload your prescription on the website, after you select your frames.

By Victoria P., Warby Parker Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other customers.

Warby Parker?