Review of Warby Parker

Tel: 888-492-7297
help@warbyparker.com

lish10
2/13/19

This company is a scam. I fell for their home-try-on services. Scam. They are very quick to send try-ons. They are very quick to charge your account. But you will never actually see the product you purchased. I ordered a pair of prescription eyeglasses. When time had elapsed beyond their promised delivery time, I called to inquire about my order. The representative told me the order was confirmed delivered, even though the tracking information I had did not reflect they even shipped. She said, "Sometimes USPS Mark's tones as delivered before they have been." What? This had never been my experience with the postal service in my 36 years. They said they would expedite a new pair to me. More time went by. The second order never arrived. This time, the tracking record DID reflect delivery. But again, I had received nothing. I received the exact same email with the exact same wording and the exact same promises. I called again to inquire about this order. She literally, word for word, repeated the EXACT SAME THING as her colleague before her. She claimed they arrived the day prior, while I had actually received nothing. She claimed that the postal service sometimes Mark's tones delivered even when they have not been. Same promises. Same claim. Same lies. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. 100% SCAM.

jhondas
2/10/19

I decided to try 5 pairs of sunglass frames at home after my daughter had a positive experience finding new prescription glasses. I am so very disappointed. All the sunglasses that showed up in my try at home box were dirty and warped. Nothing about the frames are special or seem well made. Not at all the quality I was expecting. Definitely not worth the $95 each pair price tag. I will be returning without purchasing.

jennyc184
2/8/19

I visited in store to pick out some new glasses this week. The optician there was very helpful and professional. She even helped me pick out frames that complimented my skin tone and face shape (since I had come there alone). Once I picked a pair I liked, the rest of the checkout process was very quick and simple. I was in and out in15 minutes! I should be receiving my glasses this week and I cant wait to wear them!

joes1039
2/1/19

I have to admit that I absolutely love the look of the Warby Parker sunglasses. I bought two pairs, one for myself and one for my husband. Getting the sample box was very cool, and customer service was excellent.

However, it wasn't apparent until wearing them for a few days that you realize that the glasses don't really fit that well on your head. They flare out and don't hug your head. See attached picture, with regular glasses on the bottom and Warny Parker glasses on the top of the photo. You have to constantly push the glasses up the bridge of your nose because they keep slipping down If you lean forward, they will fall off. Glasses should sort of hug the side of your head a little bit. But these actually flare out wider than your head. We were both on a boat and a gust of wind came and blew our glasses off our head and into the water.

I wish WP could make sunglasses that have the same cool look but that actually hug the side of your head in a normal way. These were Percy and Durand style glasses. Not sure if other styles fit better.

davidh1424
1/29/19

Warby Parker has very attentive service but the basic product is awful-- and I was lied to. I ordered glasses which came in 12 days and hurt my eyes. Warby Parker immediately offered to make me a new pair and send them over night. But at Warby Parker, "overnight" means a week. I still havent gotten my glasses and Im kicking myself for not having dealt with my local optician who generally has a 48 hour turnaround time and only costs about 5% more than WP. It just isnt worth the trouble. Stay away!

billa146
1/14/19

I would give less but the one star is for the really great, professional , quick responding customer service team. Sorry guys, I don't mean to disparage you. This review is for the poor quality of the lenses.
In May of this year, 2018, I placed my order for new prescription glasses and sunglasses in the Miami store. So far so good. The glasses arrived right on the days that they advised. Regular glasses shipped different days than the sunglasses. No problem....yet.
They seemed fine in the beginning but soon I noticed that there were scratches on my regular glasses lenses. Please understand that I treat my eye wear meticulously because it's the only way I can see AND they are supposed to be scratch resistant. I contacted customer service and they replaced the glasses quickly and easily. Thumbs up!

Within a few months, I again noticed scratches on BOTH my regs and now my sunglasses. I only clean them with the provided cloths and lens cleaner. They are kept in the cases when not in use (sunglasses).
Again to customer service to replace both pair. They again perform outstandingly! It ONLY just about been a full month and I just found the same scratches in the same places on my regular glasses.
Guys, I am done. 5 pairs of glasses and I'm still where I started. I am NOT contacting customer service again. I am NEVER going to use Warby Parker again . And I for sure am not going to recommend them .
I will take my business elsewhere.

vivianf11
12/7/18

I can't believe all the bad reviews! I was impressed with everything about them. I did the get five frames to try on at home deal and immediately loved one particular pair. I sent them back and placed my order for them online.

My only dissatisfaction with the process was with my eye doctor not making it easy to get my prescription. Not Warby Parker's fault. But once I did, the glasses shipped fast and the way they were packaged was in a fun cartoon box and a good quality case and a fun eyeglass cloth along with info on how to take care of them. All in all very efficient and professional. I order a lot of glasses online and they are usually quite poor quality but these were reasonably priced and I can tell much better quality than other companies.

johnd2130
11/25/18

Not only they did not measure my progressive eye test, but the quality of their new frames is below what it was 3 years ago. I git the same frame and qitgin a month I had to come back to be adjusted.

nicolev58
9/30/18

Don't order glasses prisms with prisms. It's a nightmare to try to get them to fill them. The shipping experience was horrible. They wouldn't give me any kind of discount on a second pair to make up for the $#*!ty experience the first time I used them. And the customer service rep didn't give two $#*!s. I thought this company was going to be cool, but nope.

paulr503
9/25/18

I ordered a pair of glasses from Warby Parker only because they told me I could get 2 day expedited shipping for $50 extra. I gladly paid paid the extra $50 as I lost my glasses and was in desperate need. Ordered on a Wednesday and was promised Friday 2 day delivery. Looked up my order online on Thursday and saw that the $50 and expedited order had changed. Called customer service and was told that due to a "miscommunication" the lenses that I ordered were not available for this option. However, I was never emailed or contacted that my order had changed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor would not be able to fix this and that the glasses would be shipped when ready. The supervisor was apologetic and admitted that they dropped the ball and gave me a refund for the extra shipping charge and an additional discount for my trouble and promised to expedite the order. However called today Tuesday and was told my order was about to be completed and would shipped in a few days. I asked what a few days means and was told a couple of days... Poor sales as they initially sold me on 2 day shipping, poor customer service as there was no correspondence about the order change, and poor customer service concerning the shipping date. An extremely aggravating experience

lailat1
9/11/18

I found my frames, uploaded my prescription and submitted payment. I received my order in less than a week. I get compliments every time I wear them.

Tip for consumers: have your prescription (3 years current)

jeanpaulk
8/8/18

Fitted a nice frame and had a measurement done for 40 usd. When the frame was ready with the prescription glasses, the frame was completely out of form. I became aware that these frames are the worst quality. I got my money bach but not the measurement costs. One of the worst experiences of my life. Do not go there!

johnb1895
8/3/18

They are all style and do not stay on my face. Well, they did when I tried them on in the store and when they first arrived, But then after 1 day the springs lost their tension and the glasses stopped fitting. 1 DAY!

By far the lowest quality glasses I have experienced. If you want glasses that stay true to size and on your face, shop another brand.

johnh1496
7/18/18

Visited a Warby Parker store. Ordered 5 pair online to try on at home - WP put wrong address on package (even though I provided the right address in their system) and I didn't receive my at home try on 5 pair. They ship USPS first Class (which has terrible tracking and service). THEY BETTER NOT CHARGE ME FOR THEIR FAILURE. Tried to contact, you cant call the store, their online chat does not work, they do not respond to the mobile app chat (text).
Why would I do business for such a crucial item such as my glasses when they cant even get the basics and first transactions right.
Terrible customer service. God forbid I actually had ordered a pair of glasses and needed help from them. Good luck. Maybe they are good for a cheap pair of reading glasses but nothing serious.
Warby Parker failed right out of the gate with me. Boo..

marye314
7/3/18

Warby Parker made an error regarding a home tryon that I returned over a month ago. They confirmed having received the return on May 24th. I was horribly surprised to find a charge for $472.50 on June 29th over a month after they confirmed receiving my return. Their solution? Telling me Id get my money back in 7-10 business days and offering me a $15 coupon. $15 dollars for a mistake that has cost me to wrongfully be missing $472.50 for 7-10 days?!!!! What a smack in the face!

morganc74
6/27/18

First of all, they require photo of a recent, signed doctor's prescription. If you don't have one then you can't buy glasses from them. Second, they "interpret" your doctors handwriting and have no space to enter comments to confirm the writing. Third, they text you after you order to try and get you to add on stuff and the FINALLY request the pupil distance. To answer them you have to text back a photo of your debit card, strip up, under your nose. I hope nobody steals my bank information using that photo. Overall, this experience was unnecessarily tedious, uncomfortable, and I will not be using them again.

janeb263
6/14/18

You get what you pay for! The R lens pops out easily. I should have sent them back after I saw the in store rep wiping the lens and it popped out with mild pressure. In addition to the lens, the frames need to be adjusted frequently. Not coming back.

cameronw45
6/1/18

I actually had to cancel the order. They say expect your frames within 7-10 business days. On day 8, I called to check status of delivery, and was told my frames were still being made. Ok? Refund please, thank you.

andrew30
5/25/18

This is the email I shared with their customer service team, and was essentially told "thanks, hope you get your frames soon."

I'm not sure if there's a customer feedback tool or something, but this is my second time ordering with Warby Parker and both times have been disruptive, and not in the good, cool way.

I like the idea of the company, the final product - and even take my share of responsibility for the shipping address issues, but there has got to be a better system for handling order issues than what I've encountered this far with Warby Parker.

Let's review, just for the record:

Earlier this year, I ordered sunglasses. I paid my order, uploaded a prescription, and was billed. Then, I needed to update my prescription info. Then, all over email, I'm getting sold into an additional $130 for high index lenses, instead of making that suggestion at my point of purchase. Then, a debacle about my shipping address, getting the address fixed, and glasses sent to me.

I made a really bad assumption when this process was completed, which is that Warby Parker had updated my shipping address internally so if I were to order again, the address would be correct and I wouldn't have to think about it again.

The glasses are great, by the way, but the "seamless order online" glasses experience is kinda disrupted by this process.

So, not a great experience, but it's still cheaper than LensCrafters, right? Especially for high index lenses, and especially when you're not a snob about Ray Bans.

With my prescription, payment info, and shipping address all already saved from my last order, I think I ordered my new glasses in 15 minutes altogether. That's awesome. That beats an hour of getting sold on blue light filter oleophobic high-tech ultraUV elite deluxe plus lenses that aren't covered by your insurance any day.

But alas, my address wasn't updated. And I totally get that, as a CS team, your team reaction is probably: Why can't this jerk just put his address in correctly? I made an assumption, which is that WP would update my address after the last shipping issue. That wasn't the case, and I should have double-checked with my new order instead of breezing through the order process without thinking. I get it.

Last Friday, I get an email that my address might be wrong and we'll get it fixed up ASAP. I do, I reply with a more sensible address in just 3 minutes. WP tells me it's updated and they usually get info back from UPS within 24 hours. By Tuesday, I haven't heard back from WP at all and I'm following up because UPS shows that nothing has changed on my order at all. On Wednesday, I'm following up again and still have seen no update. At this point, 4 days have passed and I feel like I'm responsible for chasing down my glasses.

Sarah tells me that they're setting up an "expedited reshipment" and then I get this email that says my glasses are being completely remade with no expedited shipping on the order, and I'm chasing down an email that explains what's actually going on, if glasses are being sent at all, if my original pair might just show up, etc. Not only that, but you'll send me a "prepaid return shipping label" if 2 packages end up at my house for some reason? How could that even happen if we think my package was re-routed, that it somehow ends up at my house, and then I'm on to request a return prepaid label?

And then to say "I refunded the $30 for expedited shipping on your original order as an apology for the delay" - which was sent by Sarah before it was explained to me that my new order would have it added complimentary... At some point, you're starting to think this just wasn't worth the hassle at all.

Let me be totally clear: I get it. I'm the idiot that put a semi-funky address into my first order, and then I'm the fool that thought that WP might have updated my address internally. But I also want to be totally clear: I never complain about customer service. Chewy.com lost my cat tree for like 3 months and I just kinda shrugged. My boyfriend gets mad when Target won't accept a return, and I just walk to the car because I'm usually down to just write things off as my own mistake.

But this is kinda ridiculous. I could have gone to LensCrafters and ordered, picked up, wore, and returned 4 pairs of glasses at this point, and exchanged 10 fewer emails about the order in the process. There has to be a better way of communicating with customers, updating orders, and addressing shipping issues. They're gonna happen! It's a part of ecommerce to get a wrong street, a missing apartment number, and just generally have issues.

Meanwhile, my boyfriend's glasses just come in the mail and there's nothing else to say about it. He's had a great experience, so hopefully you get his treatment. Either way, hope you guys find a better way to handle customer issue tracking and that some of this feedback has been helpful.

hungn16
5/16/18

I purchased prescription sunglasses from their website. They denied me my sunglasses and have not refunded me my money.

natn18
4/3/18

I ordered my glasses at a Brooklyn location and had an eye exam scheduled for 11.20am at WPs Washington Street (meat packing, nyc) location few days later. It was pouring and I got there at 11.26am. The eye doctor was running 10- 15mins behind schedule. Meaning when I checked in the person who had an appointment before me was still with the dr. when I got there. Since I was 1 minute over my 5 min grace time, Managers Hussain and Chris used my 1 minute late as an excuse to take another white client and cancel my appointment.

In a very hauty way I was informed that the doctor running 10mins- 15mins late but that was not an issue. Only my lateness of 1 minute mattered.

I also noticed that while I was told to reschedule a white family of 4 was being given my appointment slot. When I asked how come all they said is you are 1 minute over your grace time.

I kept saying that that yes I am running 6 minutes late but the doctor is over 10mins behind schedule. The doctor is not waiting for me. I am still waiting for the doctor. But it seemed that other cliental were preferred to me. Sad to point out that except for me all the cliental in the store was white.

I will also add that the manager was speaking to me in such a rude manner that it emboldened a random customer to start yelling at me about eye doctors and what not. I was left in an unpleasant aggressive situation.

By the by WP is in partnership with Arbys who continues to advertise on Laura Ingrahams show.

britnys1
3/2/18

I have two pair of glasses, both from Warby Parker. Both pairs, I'm am completely pleased with. The first pair I got was in store, the second, I ordered online after doing the in home try-on.
I had a few questions that I was able to ask in the chat option available on the website, also through email. Customer service is great. What the company stands for, all together, is great.
I saw another comment from a person saying, they didn't like the face that hey would be liable for glasses not returned from the home try-on. Why would you not be liable? Its literally the easiest thing. You pick out glasses, they get sent to you, try them on, then send them back with the return label included!

I would (and have) definitely recommend them!

ranid1
2/5/18

After my first experience in the store, I raved about it. Since then the hype has settled.

(+) AFFORDABLE, and the price is really as stated
(+) Found website design clean and easy to navigate
(+) called customer service twice, both times were helpful and knowledgeable
(+) limited upsell or pushiness from sales representatives in the store
(+) cute selection of frames. These are the first pair ever that I will willingly wear outside the house.
(+) out of network with my insurance (VSP), but I still got $95 of $125 reimbursed
(+) ordered my frames from a store on Dec 14th and they were delivered within 8 days.
(+) I was extremely skeptical of the 'algorithm' that selected frames for me at home try-on, but went with it anyway. I ended up choosing frames in-store and turns out the two I liked in-store were selected for me in the 'home try-on' option!
(-) brick & mortar stores are not available near me; I really like the option of visiting the store to get glasses adjusted, to select frames, to return frames, etc.
(-) I needed my frames adjusted...but got this done at my eye doctor's for FREE in 10 minutes. Warby Parker will reimburse up to a certain value for this, as well.
(-) frames are definitely not as sturdy as my others. Seem much more fragile and prone to breaking.
(-) makes me nervous that I could be liable if the home try-on pairs are lost in the shipping process!!

ab5326
2/3/18

I received a pair of glasses with scratches on them and sent them back to be replaced. After waiting another couple of weeks for the replacements, those glasses were damaged as well. One customer service rep said they would "double check" the third pair of glasses to make sure they would be good. Obviously they have problems with quality control if they let two pairs of defective glasses be sent to a customer. Another service rep told me she could't see anything wrong with the glasses even though the scratches and other problems were clearly visible in the pictures I sent. It was the worst customer service experience I have ever had and I ended up buying glasses from another company.

maxg34
1/18/18

So far I am disappointed by my experience with WP. I had them recommended to me by a friend and decided to try the Home Try-On, and had no issues. The order was placed and shipped on 1/5, a Friday, and arrived to me on 1/9, a Tuesday, quite a reasonable turnaround. I tried them on and selected a (prescription) pair, placing the order also on 1/9.

The glasses shipped out 1/12, a Friday, and this is where it starts to get disappointing. I asked for tracking information so I could have a better sense of when it would be delivered, and was somewhat surprised to see an estimate of 1/18-1/20 when I had received my order of frames in just two business days. I inquired with customer service, who reassured me that WP uses the same shipping service for the Home Try-On as they do for actual paid orders, and finished off by telling me I could expect my glasses as late as 1/23! But as I continue to track the status of my package, I am increasingly skeptical that this is the case -- since my glasses were shipped on 1/12, they have traveled between several irrelevant cities, and twice spent an entire business day just sitting at a shipping facility. I still have not received them and have no idea when I can expect to, since this pattern of activity does not line up at ALL with my experience from the Home Try-On.

I am theorizing that WP actually does NOT use the same kind of shipping for both packages -- it makes sense to me that they would use rush shipping on their Try-On, since at that point in the customer interaction they still have not received any of your money. Once you find a pair you like and the credit card runs through though, what incentive do they have to send the glasses promptly? They already have your money, you need the glasses to function properly in your every day life, so they can just stick you waiting.

I am disappointed in this experience not because of the delay in receiving my glasses, but because it has made it very difficult to trust this business. I feel as though they are being dishonest about the way they shipped my items, and my interactions with customer service, to borrow from another reviewer, were "cheerful, but not helpful".

They seem to offer no alternative methods of shipping (I gladly would have paid $10 to receive this package in less than two weeks), and the mismatch between the shipping time for their samples and the shipping time for my full order has left me with questions that Customer Service seemingly CANNOT answer properly. For future purchases and better peace of mind, I will opt for something local or an online service which places more of an emphasis on customer satisfaction.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Thats easy. The are not resolved! At least that has been my experience. In time you just move on.

By KC C.

Very appreciate of Steve's points. However, the quality of lenses from "online websites" is not necessarily the same thing as quality from Warby Parker. Would be interested to hear more about the quality of the particular kinds of lenses that Warby Parker uses.

By John R.

$95-$145 for single vision depending on the frame material.

By Kim S.

I ordered, apprehensively, my progressive lenses from the WP store in Grand Central station. The lenses were absolutely perfect...no problem at all.

By Natalie Z.

A local eye doctor could perform this measurement for you and then you can submit it online

By Elle K.

WP provides the option to upload your prescription on the website, after you select your frames.

By Victoria P.

Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Warby Parker