Review of Warby Parker

Tel: 888-492-7297
help@warbyparker.com

barrys173
4/19/19

My prescription for left eye was 1/4 point too strong and they would not redo the lens (even though I was willing to pay for it) without making me go back to the doctor or optometrist. There are many other places online as well as eyeglass stores on Main Street that I have made these kinds of adjustments for me before

lisas1053
4/15/19

I really wanted to love Warby Parker. They were incredibly nice and helpful.I lost my prescription glasses and need a new pair. I was very excited to shop at Warby Parker to purchase a reasonably priced, stylish pair of new glasses. My prescription has a prism. I asked when I arrived if they filled prescriptions for prismatic lenses, showed the prescription and was told yes for an extra $45. I spent a significant amount of time trying on frames with a very nice salesperson. When it came time to purchase them, it turns out they only fill those prescriptions up to a 6 prism when mine is a 10. While I hate that Warby Parker wasted my time, I hate even more that I couldn't purchase the glasses I picked out. Now I have to buy new ones at Cohen or Lenscrafters -- even the cheapest frames are $200 more. The prescription I have is pretty common, Warby Parker should serve a wider variety of prescriptions. When I emailed them, their very nice customer service person offered me a 10% discount on pair of frames that I could take elsewhere for lenses. That sounds great until you realize they valued my time @ $9/hr -- less than minimum wage. Total waste of time.

annal275
4/12/19

I loved the aesthetic of their store along with falling for the cute names of glasses and modern designs. Unfortunately that's where it ended, I purchased a pair of the Percey's and after it arrived in the mail was surprised to have vertigo. I couldn't even wear them! The store is no where near me so I finally went all the way back and after the optician measured and tried to warp the frames several times, it still felt like I had vertigo. She then told me the lens are the problem and don't work with my prescription. In 15 years of wearing glasses I've never had an issue, and the prescription hadn't changed. Just the "lab" that WB uses.
Would've been nice to know that prior to purchasing? Unfortunate waste of time overall a month just to return them.

lizs162
4/12/19

I ordered a pair of glasses and sunglasses from Warby last summer (2018) it took a while to arrive but I needed confirmation about a prism lens and wasn't able to regularly check email (out of service area) so I chalked it up to my slow responses. I ordered another pair on March 16 and called them THAT DAY to confirm about a prism. My order was put on hold for two weeks until I contacted them and asked what's happening. I was offered an apology but no compensation. When the order was ready to be shipped, it was sent to a landmark global carrier facility where it is still sitting a week later. (Look up landmark, the reviews are terrible and Warby should NOT be using them if they want to succeed as a business.) I have no idea when (or if) my glasses will arrive and I am incredibly frustrated that I'm paying full-price for a horrible experience.

Warby is one of the few places that does prism lenses which is why/how I found them in the first place. I also love the idea of buy a pair/give a pair. And emails are often answered quickly. However, their mediocre response to a two-week delay and choice of shipping carrier has turned me off from ever purchasing from them again.

Warby, you could be great but you better get your $#*! together soon.

meganr127
4/9/19

I've used where Warby Parker for years and have purchased multiple pairs of glasses and tried on tons of frames and I've never had an issue with them. I had scratches on my lens and waited until the year warranty was almost up and then exchanged them and when they returned there was a new scratch on one of the lenses and even though it was past the year mark at that point they happily fixed it. I ordered my last pair after a home try-on and the temples were too tight and I couldn't wear them. They refunded me no questions asked. Never pay for shipping, polycarbonate / anti reflective/ anti scratch coating comes standard. Right now they don't have any frames I like and I'm having a miserable time finding anything comparable anywhere near that price range. (Note: I have a simple rx and small astigmatisms in both eyes)

km514
3/25/19

I have 5 WP glasses and my husband 2. I recently developed a cataract and $500 to fix one set. Dumb

nicolec486
3/20/19

I happen to really like Wharby Parker eyeglasses. I have a pair. My son has a few, and my daughter just ordered some. She needed them before leaving for a trip 3 weeks out and was assured that would not be an issue. After 2 weeks she began calling customer service and each call ended with assurances that her glasses would be delivered the next day. Finally, 2 days befor the trip I called and had a supervisor get involved. He assured me again that the glasses were ready to go out. He changed the delivery address to my home and said he would get back with tracking info. He never did. I called him. Again he promptly follow up one way or the other by the end of the day. Sadly and I suppose not surprisingly he did not.

Mistakes/issues occur. But it seems after day upon day getting assurances which were false all credibility was lost.

Please treat your customers with enough respect to tell them exactly what is going on. And give your customer service people some way to get real information they can pass along.

michaeld1062
3/16/19

I've purchased glasses for 40+ years, which I wear part time after taking out my contact lenses. These are by far the best eyeglass value purchase I've ever had, at $125. My last pair was $475, which I had lost on a business trip, and so I needed a new pair. I wear 10 diopter lenses, and I paid $30 for high index lenses, result was fine for me. I could have paid an additional $70 for super high index, but I elected to try the regular high index lenses, and I am happy with their thickness. The additional $30 was worthwhile, which lenses were similar thickness to my previous $475 pair. I especially liked the trial frames process, which let me try on several pair at home, and get feedback from my wife and others. Online ordering was easy uploading my prescription, etc, and when I needed customer service for a question, they were fast and very helpful. I was super impressed with the quick product delivery (4 days after order). I found the frame quality to be fully acceptable, with the lens quality to be oustanding. At this price point ($125), these were an extraordinary value - again, I cannot emphasize this enough - AN EXTRAORDINARY VALUE. Very nice hardshell case also included, an unexpected surprise. Definitely recommend, will order another pair as backup/alternate.

infod2
2/28/19

The one-star reviews of Warby Parker all sound like they were written by disgruntled opticians.
I've worn glasses for 30 years. I got my first pair of Warby Parkers today and they are perfect. High quality, well-fitting, and great style.
Do a Google search on Neil Blumenthal and Warby Parker to understand how this company has disrupted the monoplistic, greedy eyeglass industry. Learn about how the industry has been completely dominated by one company for so long, resulting in absurd prices. Then get smart and order your next pair from Warby Parker.

lish10
2/13/19

This company is a scam. I fell for their home-try-on services. Scam. They are very quick to send try-ons. They are very quick to charge your account. But you will never actually see the product you purchased. I ordered a pair of prescription eyeglasses. When time had elapsed beyond their promised delivery time, I called to inquire about my order. The representative told me the order was confirmed delivered, even though the tracking information I had did not reflect they even shipped. She said, "Sometimes USPS Mark's tones as delivered before they have been." What? This had never been my experience with the postal service in my 36 years. They said they would expedite a new pair to me. More time went by. The second order never arrived. This time, the tracking record DID reflect delivery. But again, I had received nothing. I received the exact same email with the exact same wording and the exact same promises. I called again to inquire about this order. She literally, word for word, repeated the EXACT SAME THING as her colleague before her. She claimed they arrived the day prior, while I had actually received nothing. She claimed that the postal service sometimes Mark's tones delivered even when they have not been. Same promises. Same claim. Same lies. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. 100% SCAM.

jhondas
2/10/19

I decided to try 5 pairs of sunglass frames at home after my daughter had a positive experience finding new prescription glasses. I am so very disappointed. All the sunglasses that showed up in my try at home box were dirty and warped. Nothing about the frames are special or seem well made. Not at all the quality I was expecting. Definitely not worth the $95 each pair price tag. I will be returning without purchasing.

jennyc184
2/8/19

I visited in store to pick out some new glasses this week. The optician there was very helpful and professional. She even helped me pick out frames that complimented my skin tone and face shape (since I had come there alone). Once I picked a pair I liked, the rest of the checkout process was very quick and simple. I was in and out in15 minutes! I should be receiving my glasses this week and I cant wait to wear them!

joes1039
2/1/19

I have to admit that I absolutely love the look of the Warby Parker sunglasses. I bought two pairs, one for myself and one for my husband. Getting the sample box was very cool, and customer service was excellent.

However, it wasn't apparent until wearing them for a few days that you realize that the glasses don't really fit that well on your head. They flare out and don't hug your head. See attached picture, with regular glasses on the bottom and Warny Parker glasses on the top of the photo. You have to constantly push the glasses up the bridge of your nose because they keep slipping down If you lean forward, they will fall off. Glasses should sort of hug the side of your head a little bit. But these actually flare out wider than your head. We were both on a boat and a gust of wind came and blew our glasses off our head and into the water.

I wish WP could make sunglasses that have the same cool look but that actually hug the side of your head in a normal way. These were Percy and Durand style glasses. Not sure if other styles fit better.

davidh1424
1/29/19

Warby Parker has very attentive service but the basic product is awful-- and I was lied to. I ordered glasses which came in 12 days and hurt my eyes. Warby Parker immediately offered to make me a new pair and send them over night. But at Warby Parker, "overnight" means a week. I still havent gotten my glasses and Im kicking myself for not having dealt with my local optician who generally has a 48 hour turnaround time and only costs about 5% more than WP. It just isnt worth the trouble. Stay away!

billa146
1/14/19

I would give less but the one star is for the really great, professional , quick responding customer service team. Sorry guys, I don't mean to disparage you. This review is for the poor quality of the lenses.
In May of this year, 2018, I placed my order for new prescription glasses and sunglasses in the Miami store. So far so good. The glasses arrived right on the days that they advised. Regular glasses shipped different days than the sunglasses. No problem....yet.
They seemed fine in the beginning but soon I noticed that there were scratches on my regular glasses lenses. Please understand that I treat my eye wear meticulously because it's the only way I can see AND they are supposed to be scratch resistant. I contacted customer service and they replaced the glasses quickly and easily. Thumbs up!

Within a few months, I again noticed scratches on BOTH my regs and now my sunglasses. I only clean them with the provided cloths and lens cleaner. They are kept in the cases when not in use (sunglasses).
Again to customer service to replace both pair. They again perform outstandingly! It ONLY just about been a full month and I just found the same scratches in the same places on my regular glasses.
Guys, I am done. 5 pairs of glasses and I'm still where I started. I am NOT contacting customer service again. I am NEVER going to use Warby Parker again . And I for sure am not going to recommend them .
I will take my business elsewhere.

vivianf11
12/7/18

I can't believe all the bad reviews! I was impressed with everything about them. I did the get five frames to try on at home deal and immediately loved one particular pair. I sent them back and placed my order for them online.

My only dissatisfaction with the process was with my eye doctor not making it easy to get my prescription. Not Warby Parker's fault. But once I did, the glasses shipped fast and the way they were packaged was in a fun cartoon box and a good quality case and a fun eyeglass cloth along with info on how to take care of them. All in all very efficient and professional. I order a lot of glasses online and they are usually quite poor quality but these were reasonably priced and I can tell much better quality than other companies.

johnd2130
11/25/18

Not only they did not measure my progressive eye test, but the quality of their new frames is below what it was 3 years ago. I git the same frame and qitgin a month I had to come back to be adjusted.

nicolev58
9/30/18

Don't order glasses prisms with prisms. It's a nightmare to try to get them to fill them. The shipping experience was horrible. They wouldn't give me any kind of discount on a second pair to make up for the $#*!ty experience the first time I used them. And the customer service rep didn't give two $#*!s. I thought this company was going to be cool, but nope.

paulr503
9/25/18

I ordered a pair of glasses from Warby Parker only because they told me I could get 2 day expedited shipping for $50 extra. I gladly paid paid the extra $50 as I lost my glasses and was in desperate need. Ordered on a Wednesday and was promised Friday 2 day delivery. Looked up my order online on Thursday and saw that the $50 and expedited order had changed. Called customer service and was told that due to a "miscommunication" the lenses that I ordered were not available for this option. However, I was never emailed or contacted that my order had changed. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told that the supervisor would not be able to fix this and that the glasses would be shipped when ready. The supervisor was apologetic and admitted that they dropped the ball and gave me a refund for the extra shipping charge and an additional discount for my trouble and promised to expedite the order. However called today Tuesday and was told my order was about to be completed and would shipped in a few days. I asked what a few days means and was told a couple of days... Poor sales as they initially sold me on 2 day shipping, poor customer service as there was no correspondence about the order change, and poor customer service concerning the shipping date. An extremely aggravating experience

lailat1
9/11/18

I found my frames, uploaded my prescription and submitted payment. I received my order in less than a week. I get compliments every time I wear them.

Tip for consumers: have your prescription (3 years current)

jeanpaulk
8/8/18

Fitted a nice frame and had a measurement done for 40 usd. When the frame was ready with the prescription glasses, the frame was completely out of form. I became aware that these frames are the worst quality. I got my money bach but not the measurement costs. One of the worst experiences of my life. Do not go there!

johnb1895
8/3/18

They are all style and do not stay on my face. Well, they did when I tried them on in the store and when they first arrived, But then after 1 day the springs lost their tension and the glasses stopped fitting. 1 DAY!

By far the lowest quality glasses I have experienced. If you want glasses that stay true to size and on your face, shop another brand.

johnh1496
7/18/18

Visited a Warby Parker store. Ordered 5 pair online to try on at home - WP put wrong address on package (even though I provided the right address in their system) and I didn't receive my at home try on 5 pair. They ship USPS first Class (which has terrible tracking and service). THEY BETTER NOT CHARGE ME FOR THEIR FAILURE. Tried to contact, you cant call the store, their online chat does not work, they do not respond to the mobile app chat (text).
Why would I do business for such a crucial item such as my glasses when they cant even get the basics and first transactions right.
Terrible customer service. God forbid I actually had ordered a pair of glasses and needed help from them. Good luck. Maybe they are good for a cheap pair of reading glasses but nothing serious.
Warby Parker failed right out of the gate with me. Boo..

marye314
7/3/18

Warby Parker made an error regarding a home tryon that I returned over a month ago. They confirmed having received the return on May 24th. I was horribly surprised to find a charge for $472.50 on June 29th over a month after they confirmed receiving my return. Their solution? Telling me Id get my money back in 7-10 business days and offering me a $15 coupon. $15 dollars for a mistake that has cost me to wrongfully be missing $472.50 for 7-10 days?!!!! What a smack in the face!

morganc74
6/27/18

First of all, they require photo of a recent, signed doctor's prescription. If you don't have one then you can't buy glasses from them. Second, they "interpret" your doctors handwriting and have no space to enter comments to confirm the writing. Third, they text you after you order to try and get you to add on stuff and the FINALLY request the pupil distance. To answer them you have to text back a photo of your debit card, strip up, under your nose. I hope nobody steals my bank information using that photo. Overall, this experience was unnecessarily tedious, uncomfortable, and I will not be using them again.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Save the heartache and go to a better provider. I ordered progressives and could not see out of them. I went back 5 times and they wouldn't correct the lenses. After the first 3 visits, they made me go back to the Optometrist to check the prescription. I did that, and they still said the problem was the prescription, so I went to another optometrist who also said the prescription was good. When I took that info back to Warby Parker, the said they can't make glasses for me. I asked for my money back and am still waiting.

By Nancy B.

They are super friendly and spend a lot of time with you, but are unable to resolve issues.

By Nancy B.

Very appreciate of Steve's points. However, the quality of lenses from "online websites" is not necessarily the same thing as quality from Warby Parker. Would be interested to hear more about the quality of the particular kinds of lenses that Warby Parker uses.

By John R.

$95-$145 for single vision depending on the frame material.

By Kim S.

A local eye doctor could perform this measurement for you and then you can submit it online

By Elle K.

WP provides the option to upload your prescription on the website, after you select your frames.

By Victoria P.

Questions? Get answers from the Warby Parker staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Warby Parker