Review of Zenni Optical

Tel: 800-211-2105
service@zennioptical.com

fredk102
8/18/19

got new glass screw on frame broke, they sent new frame, I could not assemble frame, lse I sent glasses back they assemble & returned screw broke again on same side. I was told they were now off warranty and did nothing further and I bought another pair from an other company.

alanb378
8/17/19

I ordered 2 pairs of glasses without prescription because I was unsure of the quality of the frames. When they arrived one actually looked very cheap. The other was ok. So then I ordered 2 different frames for sunglasses. One polarized and one not. Both with colored lenses. They arrived within the week. I was impressed with the quality of both the frames and the lenses. The finish was really good. For the price I couldn't have expected more.

alissah20
8/17/19

As a broke college student I dont have a whole lot to throw at expensive glasses. With a pair that was three years out of date I knew I had to update them. Zenni was great, affordable, and exactly what I needed. I love my glasses, they are not a very sturdy pair but I knew that would be the case based on the material so I was not surprised or disappointed. Overall I'm extremely satisfied.

albertoa47
8/17/19

Our family of four decided to try Zenni because we're tired of paying over $1000 each year to get ourselves glasses from our optometrist. We got our eye exam through Kaiser Permanente Optometry and used our prescriptions to order glasses from Zenni. The process was easy and we got our glasses in two weeks. They not only fit well and look good on us, they also got our prescriptions right the first time around. We would recommend Zenni to our family and friends as a place to get stylish, quality frames and lenses at an affordable price. Customer Service was also very quick to respond to our questions and helped us through the entire process.

maryc948
8/17/19

I have bought at least 10 pair of glasses from zenni optical. I love the choices of frames. If I don't like the look, I send them back and get credit. I usually like what I order. The price cannot be beat

aprilb164
8/17/19

I love the frames I chose and the price for the lenses I needed was outstanding. As a matter of fact I will be order another pair soon.

houndstooths
8/17/19

No where else have I found such a great combination of style and budget. As a life long eyeglass wearer, I've paid over $500.00 for glasses from high end designers. That seemed to be the only alternative to glasses that were boring or generic. No, with zenni, I can play around with multiple styles without going broke. I even had the name of my business engraved on the temples. How cool is that?

genevievej10
8/17/19

Great look love them comfortable glasses for an place would highly recommended for any age would buy again

johannb11
8/15/19

I ordered 3 glasses. The sunglasses pricing and value is the same as a ray ban polarized. The coating on the glasses is not uniform. The frames are great on 2. One pair is perfect.

aaronm248
8/15/19

Site allowed me to order glasses that were incompatible with frames.

cust service sent emails that were dumped in spam folder and didn't go thru.

1 pair of glasses was shipped when 2 were ordered.

Cust service refused to offer free expedited shipping and insisted I pay full price when original order was at a discount. Finally offered a publicly available coupon for shipping that didn't work.

Wouldn't recommend.

karols21
8/12/19

Zenni has the best intention but just to difficult to provide service from long distance. Wife filled a prescription a year ago with Zenni. Just recently went to her doctor. They checked her Zenni glasses for the prescription and found it was not the one provided by the doctor a year ago. Wife called and was advised to send glasses in for checking by Zenni. Really can't do that as she can't go without any glasses. So we are done with Zenni. Just be aware of doing business from long distance.

michelleg428
7/31/19

I'm incredibly confused how this company has any positive reviews other than the glasses are cheap. But that's what they are - CHEAP. I ordered a pair of glasses and when I got them, they were definitely wrong. Vision was blurry but then things were closer than they really were. So, I returned them, got store credit, and then bought another pair (same prescription). I had to pay for shipping again. This pair was also wrong, but even worse. I had NO typos in my prescription when I entered it, and even sent them the copy of the prescription from my doctor, and they still claimed they were right when it was obviously not. And to make matters worse, the glasses were bent. I emailed customer service and they try to tell me to bend them back.... Why I am bending my "new" glasses back?? ...why are they even bent in the first place? Also, I was afraid to do so because I was afraid they would break they were so cheap feeling! They come up with every excuse to point the finger at you for the return reason so that they can keep your money and give you store credit that you probably won't use because you're done dealing with them after everything. The issues both times were clearly theirs, but now I'm out $70+ because I'm not going to use a store credit to take chances on a THIRD pair of glasses. I've gone weeks without new glasses now because of this. The customer service is awful and their policies are outdated. There are so so many more options for glasses that are also budget friendly that offer 100% money back no questions asked. The hoops you have to jump through with Zenni if something is wrong - regardless of whose fault it is, is a joke.

Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank your for posting this Zenni review, which gives us another opportunity to address this issue.
Our records show that the first pair of glasses were returned for store credit because an incorrect pupillary distance (PD) had been entered. Once we received the glasses, the store credit was issued back to your Zenni account. Because you reported having problems with the second pair as well, even after correcting the PD, we advised that you return the glasses to be inspected. We have not received the glasses yet, but we want you to know that once the glasses are received, a thorough inspection will be performed and if we find any errors or defects in the prescription, lenses or frame, we are prepared to give you a full refund. We understand that it is inconvenient to have to return the glasses and we apologize for the dissatisfaction you’ve experienced as a result. We hope to receive the glasses soon, so that we can resolve this matter quickly and to your satisfaction.
josea302
7/30/19

I'm new to the online optical world, hence, I wasn't sure what websites were affordable and high quality (so I bought from two different ones, Zenni and GlassesUSA, the latter was a big mistake due to mediocre quality).

I was impressed that my glasses only took one week to arrive, considering how they need to be produced and shipped. As soon as I put them on they felt high-quality, they were comfortable to wear, no visible imperfections, and the red tint was on point. The only downside is that there is not a huge catalog of styles/frames, but there are still amazing ones to choose from.

davidj816
7/23/19

After spending over $400 for a "custom" frame and lenses that actually caused my sight to get worse over time. After about a year, I took the same prescription (good for two years) and ordered from Zenni. The difference, like night and day. I have two pair from Zenni. One is a spare. Even the frames (on sale for $6.95!!) were better than the "custom" one.
I'll let the optometrist check my eyesight and write a prescription, but will NEVER let them sell me glasses EVER again. What a rip joint. THANK YOU ZENNI!! I see better than ever now.

Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this Zenni review. We are thrilled to learn that you are happy with the quality of your frames and clarity of your lenses. We are also delighted to know that shopping at Zenni has saved you money. Thank you for sharing your experience. It is a privilege to serve your eyeglasses needs and we hope to continue to do so for a very long time.
marilynm194
7/22/19

After dropping my new glasses the lenses were so completely scratched that I couldn't wear them again. I was offered a replacement pair but by then I had set them aside and could not return them. Disappointed in the quality control and cost cutting materials
Too bad. I liked the other sets of glasses from Zenni but now I'm cautious to reorder.

Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this Zenni review, which gives us another opportunity to address this issue.
We’d like to confirm that all Zenni glasses come with a scratch resistant coating. However, although scratch resistant coatings make your lenses less susceptible to scratches, they cannot make them completely scratch proof and dropping them can, in most cases result in scratched lenses. Nevertheless, because you reported that the lenses were scratched, and because they were still under warranty when they became scratched, we advised that upon receiving a photo of the scratched lenses, we would remake the glasses for you at no charge. We have not received a photo yet, but we want you to know that the offer is still open to you. Please take a photo and send it to us at service@zennioptical.com. Please put your order number in the subject line of the email and we will get back to you promptly. We hope to receive the photo soon so we can quickly resolve this matter to your satisfaction.
heathert136
7/21/19

They are very affordable and have great customer service. I accidentally put a wrong pd down and they reached out to me to ask which one was correct. They then gave me options to find another frame or get a refund.

lalh
7/14/19

I ordered two pairs. First one on 7/3/19. I returned it because of an incorrect PD. Initially, I had thought that I that the prescription was not filled correctly and caused unclear vision. So I had two eyeglass stores verify the prescription on the lenses and was told that the lenses matched the prescription exactly. I got the correct PD from my doctor and ordered the 2nd pair on 7/9/19. This pair is great-good fit, vision. I was impressed with the excellent customer service I received when I had to return the first pair. No problems getting the full store credit. The whole process was very smooth. I recommend Zenni to anyone buying glasses online. Service and prices can't be beat. Thanks guys.

Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this Zenni review. We are delighted to learn that you had a great experience when you contacted our customer service department and that our return policy enabled you to return the first pair and get another that works well for you. We are always happy to hear from a satisfied customer. Thank you for sharing your experience.
kristinyat
7/12/19

Zenni has a great selection of glasses to choose from. The frames are stylish and durable. I had to return the first pair I ordered because I didn't like the way they fit. I was able to return them and order a new pair without any issues.

susanc735
7/11/19

These sunglasses look like the color was sprayed on. Poorly. Darker in some places and practically empty in some places. NO QUALITY CONTROL. ok-- so people need training but this is completely UNPROFESSIONAL. And they won't refund my money--only give me store credit. i need glasses for trip to Spain, but i will order them locally.

Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative

We are sorry to know that you were dissatisfied with your recently purchased sunglasses and we are appalled to learn that when you contacted us to report that they were defective, you were not offered the option to provide a photo of the defect or return the glasses to be inspected. When a customer reports a defect and the defect is visible in a photo, it is our policy to have the customer submit a photo of the defect via email and if the defect is not visible in a photo, we ask that the glasses be returned to us for inspection. Once we can confirm that the glasses are defective, either from the photo or the in-office inspection, we offer to remake the glasses. If the customer prefers a full refund instead of a remake, we are happy to oblige. We are sorry to learn that our representative failed to offer you these options and we apologize for the disappointment you experienced as a result. We will reach out to you by phone later today with the hope of coming to a resolution with which you will be happy.
dereks158
7/11/19

I was sceptical of buying glasses online but gave Zenni a try because of the unbeatable prices. I made a mistake on my prescription when I entered the info and customer service team were great in correcting the error and letting me know it had be completed. I got my new glasses before they were supposed to arrive and they were fantastic! I'm going to get a few more pairs from them and my wife is now getting her glasses from them as well!

Tip for consumers: Double check that your enter your prescription information correctly. They give you plenty of warnings about checking your information for accuracy but it never hurts to be sure.

kawannab
7/10/19

I ordered 2 pairs of glasses and received notification that they were delivered by the post office. It was earlier than I was supposed to receive them so I was happy, but they were not in my mailbox. Turns out they were lost or delivered to the wrong person. When I told Zenni they reprocessed my order and had it delivered Priority mail. I am extremely happy with their service and will probably be ordering glasses in the future.

kristend67
7/10/19

I was tired of paying hundreds of dollars for one pair of glasses. With Zenni, I ordered 3 pairs, including clip-on sunglasses, for about half the cost of one pair at a local store. The glasses came faster and I didn't even need adjustments! They're exactly what I wanted. The site was easy to use and I appreciated the lens suggestions during the ordering process.

lynnem95
7/10/19

Quick To answer any questions. Do their best to please you . I had 4 pairs of glasses with prescription made by Zenni and I was always please.One time it needed To make a correction and they did it with no problem.

joannl55
7/10/19

Loved the glasses and the prompt service in receiving them. They looked exactly the way I expected. I have ordered several pairs of glasses over the years and get lots of compliments on them.

leilanik1
7/10/19

I ordered from them for the first time a couple years ago, and I've shopped there ever since. Their customer service is great; their frame options/selections are pretty good; my order came in on time. I couldn't ask for anything more-- thanks, Zenni!

I had no problem with returning my initial pair of glasses. I contacted customer service via online chat and explained my reason for return and I was told I would receive 100% credit that could be applied to my reorder. I followed the return instructions given and kept track via USPS and the transaction went smoothly without any glitches.

By Cornelius T.

Hi. In order to return items, you must contact Zenni Optical to request a return authorization number (RA). You may contact us by phone at 1-800-211-2105, by email at service@zennioptical.com or by using the Live Chat option available near the bottom-right of our home page. Zenni Optical

same day..........................................

By Susan C.

Hi. We're sorry to hear about this problem with your clip-on sunglasses. It is important to report these things to us when they happen. We encourage you to call us at 1-800-211-2105 or email us at service@zennioptical.com. If you choose to email us, please put your order number in the subject line of the email and we will get back to you promptly. Thank you. Zenni Optical

By Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative

Hi, Holly. Our headquarters are in the San Francisco Bay Area, however, there are no stores located there or in any other physical location. Glasses can be purchased online only through our website. We hope to see you there soon. Zenni Optical

By Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative

50% if return. or 100% store credit...............................

By Susan C.
Questions? Get answers from the Zenni Optical staff and other customers.

Zenni Optical?