Review of Zenni Optical

Tel: 800-211-2105
service@zennioptical.com

chrish1165
11/23/19
The coating Zenni puts on their lenses rubs off around the 1 year mark. Buyer beware and their customer service inquired with me when I first started noticing the coating come off and it was 100% prior to the 1 year mark. They would not honor their 1 year coating warranty. I will not purchase and no longer refer people to them. Poor customer service and poor coatings applied to their glasses.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting your Zenni review. We were sorry to read that the anti-reflective coating on your lenses is failing, and we apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced as a result. As we mentioned in our response to the review you recently posted on another review website, because the order was close to the one-year mark, we were disappointed to learn that our customer service representative did not offer to extend the warranty period to allow you to return these glasses for an inspection, and, if we saw that the coating was failing, to offer you a free remake of the glasses. Consequently, after reviewing your case on November 25th, we emailed you instructions to return the glasses for an inspection of the anti-reflective coating; we also emailed you a prepaid shipping label you may use for return postage. When we receive the glasses, a thorough inspection will be completed, and we will email you the results. We apologize again that we did not initially offer to accept these glasses back for an inspection, and we hope that you will return them soon so that we can resolve this matter quickly and to your satisfaction.
catherinef110
11/20/19
I can't say enough wonderful things about Zenni Optical. I was very skeptical about ordering my glasses "on line" but decided to purchase a test pair. They fit perfect, I could see clearly, and they cost me less than $50.00! What's not to LOVE!!!

I have ordered more than 5 pairs of glasses from Zenni: sunglasses, reading/computer, and bifocals over the last few years. My prescription changes every 18 months or so and now I don't panic. I can afford new glasses with ZENNI !
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for this complimentary review of Zenni Optical! It makes us happy and proud to have provided you with glasses you love at a great price. We are glad you overcame your skepticism and gave Zenni a try. It is enormously gratifying to know that you’ve become a repeat customer and we look forward to continuing to serve your eyeglasses needs in the future.
valerieb203
11/20/19
I am enjoying and they have style.This shouldn't not require 100 characters, however. So people want to leave a shorter review
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
The length of your review is not as important as the content; short and sweet reviews are always welcome! We are just thrilled to know that you are enjoying your glasses and that you are satisfied with the quality, price and style. Thank you for taking the time to write and share this review.
sandyh270
11/18/19
Three Little Bears: I've had 3 sets of progressives glasses from zenni. The first pair fell off my face every time I put them on. The second pair was great except I had asked them to print my name on the inside of the arm and they put it on the outside of the arm, announcing my identity to everyone. Too much trouble to return. The third pair is JUST RIGHT. Since I paid an average of $100 each for the 3 pairs of glasses, the total is still CHEAPER than if I bought one pair at Lens Crafters! (priced at $400). I posted 2 photos to demonstrate that the coating makes them become sunglasses outdoors.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review of your purchases from Zenni Optical. We are sorry to learn that the first pair was too big, and that the customization was printed on the wrong side of the temple arms of the second pair. We want you to know that we strive to make our return policy as hassle free as possible, and in most cases, we can email you a prepaid return label to cover the cost of returning the glasses. If you would like us to look at these orders and see if they are still eligible to be returned or if we can in some other way resolve these issues, please send us the order numbers in a private message and we will respond within 48 hours.
We are happy to learn that the third pair, featuring photochromic lenses, is just right. And thank you for sharing the pictures; they are lovely! It is a privilege to serve your eyeglasses needs and we hope to continue to serve those needs in the future.
karenw633
10/30/19
I am somewhat embarassed to have previously submitted a poor review of Zenni Optical. I encountered a huge problem, and in my haste submitted a 1-star review. The nature of the problem seemed to be a missing Rx in one lens. It was not missing, however, and was fulfilled incorrectly due to my own mis-reading. I was "screaming mad" when I found out the refund was only 50%, however the alternatuve offered was an 'in-store' full credit towards another pair. I should also add that the Rx was more complicated than standard. The customer service representative professionally and thoroughly explained my options. In the end, I validated my Rx, and used the in-store credit to get another pair of glasses. The cost to me was having the additional wait time. So, do read the policy, but also make sure you enter the Rx exactly as listed. I am very happy with my new glasses
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for revising your review. We also want to thank you for contacting us and allowing us the opportunity to assist with determining the issue with your glasses and with providing store credit for use toward a new order containing the correct prescription. We are delighted to hear that you are pleased with the new glasses and we hope to continue to serve your eyeglasses needs in the future.
jennr123
10/1/19
The customer service was great. However when I went to return 2 pairs of (non-prescription sunglasses that didn't fit my face) I was told that it was only a 50% refund because they consider them custom and cannot resell them. UNless I want 100% store credit and then try to find something in their store that works for me.

HUGE RIPOFF!! They are only a good option if you know 100% that the shape, exact measurements, and everything will fit your face. If it is not exact, then you will be charged 50% of the cost of the glasses to return them, or risk trying to find something else in their store.

This is a scam unless your measurements are 100%.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review. We are sorry that the frame you selected did not fit well. We recommend reviewing our infographic entitled How to Measure Your Frame Size, which can be found near the bottom of the Zenni home page. This article offers helpful information that should make it easy to find the right size frame on our website. It tells how to measure a frame, perhaps one that you already own and that fits you well, and then using the resulting measurements to find a frame of similar size on our website. Moreover, we are sorry to learn that you dislike our return policy. We can confirm that the options for returning glasses to Zenni for reasons other than a manufacturing defect or error are either 100% store credit (excluding the shipping fee) or 50% refund (excluding the shipping fee) back to the original method of payment. This information is displayed on our website under Terms of Use, to which customers must agree before an order may be submitted successfully. We believe that store credit is a good option for customers who return glasses for reasons other than a manufacturing defect as it enables them to try again on the Zenni website. We hope you will consider accepting store credit and that you will contact us if you need any help choosing the right size frame. You may telephone Zenni Optical Customer Service at 1-800-211-2105 and one of our representatives will be eager to assist you.
cyndic27
9/30/19
I use distance vision glasses and I use readers. Hate bifocals, so my prescriptions are easy, but I love having a pair of readers in every room of the house. My most expensive pair were my sunglasses because I paid $20 extra for blue mirror coating, and they were only $35.

LOVE my Zennis!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy that you love your Zenni glasses. It is gratifying to know that our low prices make it possible for you to have multiple pairs. It is a privilege to serve your eyeglasses needs and we hope you will continue to patronize us.
lindaw665
9/29/19
The entire process was so easy. I love my new glasses and the price was unbelievably inexpensive. I was waiting for the catch, but the delivery was even fast. What a great experience from beginning to end!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
We are delighted to learn that you had a great first experience with Zenni Optical. We are proud to provide you with high quality glasses at affordable prices. And we are happy to deliver in a timely fashion. Thank you for sharing this review.
pamelam373
9/29/19
I was referred by a co-worker who wears some pretty fly glasses. I asked if she actually wore prescription glasses or was just into frames. She said go to Zenni online and that it was very affordable. I ordered 3 pairs and was completely satisfied the first time. I'll be back to order more, soon.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
We are so happy that you decided to try Zenni after being referred by a co-worker. It is extremely gratifying to know that you were pleased with your first three pairs of glasses and that you plan to purchase more. We look forward to providing you with another great experience and beautiful glasses in the future.
jamesl937
9/29/19
I've been using Zenni Optical for years! They always send me great stylish and high quality glasses at a great price. I've got 5 pairs!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
We are thrilled to know that you’ve been happy with all your Zenni glasses. We are very much looking forward to providing your next 5 pairs! Thank you for being a loyal customer and thanks for posting this review.
nunziom1
9/29/19
Well for starters I have been using Zenni for about 7 years incredible price and great quality. I Recently purchased a pair of prescription sunglasses I had an issue with the Mirroring on them chatted with a company representative and received a new pair 9 days later thanks Zenni for being awesome
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
You’re welcome! We strive to always provide a great experience for all our customers. Thank you for validating our efforts. We value our relationship and hope to continue to serve your eyeglasses needs for many years to come.
gordonw70
9/29/19
I was and remain happily surprised at the quality, cost and speed of purchasing prescription eyewear through Zenni Optical. I've replaced my three pairs of glasses, computer glasses, distance glasses and distance sunglasses. The new frames are uniformly lightweight, well made and attractive and they fit perfectly! An astonishing value! I could not be more impressed or happier! Highly recommended!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this very complimentary review of Zenni Optical. We are happy to offer high quality products at a great value and to deliver all of this in a timely manner. We are thrilled to know that you’ve taken advantage of our service multiple times. We hope you come back again soon. We promise to deliver the same or better service next time.
jeffw361
9/29/19
First six glasses where perfect, the last one was a problem with the near vision on 1.61 Blokz Photochromic Digital Free Form Progressive Lens in 38 mm high lens. Near Vision was the the very bottom of the lens. Could not read with the glasses on my head. The return procedure was ok. Zenni Staff were professional. On the remake I went with a 30 mm high lens and the glasses are perfect. The only thing Zenni staff didn't answer was if the near vision problem due to a manufacturing mistake or with my RX should I keep my lens height to 30mm.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review. We are delighted to hear that you are pleased with your Zenni glasses. Additionally, we are especially thrilled to know that our return policy made it easy for you to return the one pair that did not work well and that the frame you choose next was perfect.
If you’d like to send us a private message with your order number, we’d be happy to review your order and get back to you with an answer to your question. We look forward to hearing from you soon. And thank you for being a loyal customer.
jimw402
9/29/19
I've been buying glasses for about 5 years. The Rx has been right on and my wife has become a steady customer as well. I let everyone I know about Zenni that they should try your product even without a Rx for sunglasses. High Quality, great value and quick turn-around make it difficult to go any where else.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
It is gratifying to hear that you’ve had such a good experience with Zenni that you have recommended us to others. We are proud to provide you and your family with quality eyeglasses at affordable prices and we look forward to continuing to do so. Thank you for posting this complimentary review of Zenni Optical and thank you for your loyalty.
perlam22
9/29/19
I was a bit skeptical at the quickness, quality and feel of my new glasses. I am pleasantly impress with the all three things I wonder about.

1. Received my new glasses within a week
2. The quality is superb
3. Very comfortable and looks really nice. Have received many complements

I have and will recommend your services to all I come across.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you so much for posting this review and thank you for recommending Zenni to others. We are happy to learn that you are pleased with the quality and comfort of your glasses and that they were delivered quickly. It is a privilege to serve your eyeglasses needs and we hope to continue to do so in the future.
deba55
9/29/19
I found the perfect pair of glasses. I had no trouble putting in my progressives prescription in as I'd had the doctors office put my pupil distance on the paper for me, I easily ordered the glasses and received them in the mail as expected. It was a very positive experience.

The glasses I chose came in medium only and I measured my current glasses to see which size they were. They were small. Luckily I had other old frames and measured those. They were medium so I figured that'd work for the new ones. I was able to wear my Zenni glasses right out the box! No adjustments were necessary.

I'm super happy with how easily it all went and I love my new glasses!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for sharing your experience. Zenni works hard to make everything from ordering to delivery as convenient and enjoyable for our customers as possible, and we are happy to hear that we hit the mark. We are delighted to know that everything was a breeze for you and that you are happy with your new glasses. Please come back and see us soon!
sandray43
9/26/19
I love Zenni products. I bought about 9 pairs already. Had to return to change pd as I filled it out wrong the first time. But if you know your prescription and your accurate pd they work fantastic. I even got prompt customer service and my credit in my account within 24 hours after I called. I buy strictly from Zenni!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review of Zenni Optical. We continually strive for customer service excellence and your words are validation of our efforts. We are delighted to know that you are a loyal customer and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
letitiac10
9/26/19
I was referred by a friend and I was worried the gladses were too good to be true. I was on the fence about the quality but tried them out .
I legit LOVE my glasses! The quality is amazing its not cheap material at all
The lenses are crystal clear and I even personalized the frames
I was able to use my flex spend account which was a bonus
Im obsessed literally!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
We are so happy that you overcame your skepticism and gave us a try. Zenni is proud to have provided you with a pair of glasses you love. We are thrilled that you are pleased with the overall quality of your glasses and with the clarity of your prescription lenses. It is a pleasure to serve your eyeglasses needs and we hope to continue to do so for a long time!
bobb732
9/26/19
Bought daily wear eyeglasses (2 pair at once given price for a total of $80.00) prescription was perfect. Months later bought sunglasses and again extremely happy with glasses and transaction. Now... I stayed with frames others had highly rated and stayed away from "delicate" styles as I was concerned if I needed an adjustment down the road I wanted to be able to do it myself.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review of your experience with Zenni Optical. We are thrilled to learn that you are happy with both orders. It is gratifying to know that you appreciate the quality and affordability of our products. Thank you for trying Zenni Optical.
gabrielap29
9/21/19
I ordered a pair of progressive lenses from them. My optometrist checked them and told me they didn't have the right prescription for distance. Instead of the -0.50 I entered when I ordered them, they had 0. They were a waste of money. This is Zenni's response...
"We checked and found that you ordered Mid-Range Progressive which features narrower near-range vision with greater mid-range vision for comfort and visual clarity within 14 feet. Designed for those who need enhanced up-close vision with the ability to see the entire room more clearly. Cannot be used for far.

Our lab technicians need to calculate the lens parameters for you based on your regular prescription during manufacturing Mid-Range Progressive or Near-Range Progressive. So the prescription on your glasses # 2018916 is different from what you entered."

This company is a joke!
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review of your recent purchase from Zenni Optical. We are sorry that you couldn’t see well with your glasses and we apologize for the disappointment you experienced as a result. Additionally, we realize that the explanation of the issue that was offered to you previously could have been clearer, so we’d like to take this opportunity to clarify how our progressive options work. Zenni Optical offers 3 progressive design options: Standard, which is an all-purpose lens designed for full-range distance vision of 20 feet or more, the Mid-range option, which has a distance range of approximately 14 feet and the Near-range option, which has a range of about 3 feet. When placing an order for progressive lenses, it is necessary to enter the prescription just as it was given to you by your doctor. However, by selecting either the Mid-range or Near range options, the distance prescription changes. Your distance prescription of -0.50 allows your lenses to be corrected so that you have visual clarity at 20 feet or more, and when Mid-range lenses are selected, as they were on your order, the prescription is altered (the power of the lens becomes weaker) to compensate for only 14 feet of clarity and the lenses will not be suitable for viewing things any farther away. We hope this information is provides some clarity. Nevertheless, as advised in our email communication earlier today, we are happy to remake the glasses for you as Standard progressive lenses which will give you the full distance range you desire. Once the order is completed and shipped, we will email you the tracking number. We hope these measures meet your satisfaction.
karenm1207
9/10/19
This is my second pair of glasses I have purchased from Zenni and will definitely not be my last. They have a large variety in fun colours at very reasonable prices. My prescription is perfect.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this Zenni review. We are delighted to learn that you are happy with our affordable prices and with the wide selection of frames we offer. We are also thrilled to read that you are satisfied with the prescription in your new glasses. Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to know that you plan to purchase from Zenni again and we look forward to serving your eyeglasses needs in the future.
latoyaa15
9/9/19
The glasses were perfect and came from a eye glass case. Fast shipping and great customer service. The glasses were exactly how they market them
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for this complimentary review of Zenni Optical. We are happy to read that you are satisfied with the delivery speed of your order and with the level of customer service you received. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you continue to patronize us.
darickh1
8/21/19
I was so excited when I found Zenni. Everything was great! I've bought many a pair of glasses, some sunglasses too. Then something changed...They changed the way they did their prescriptions! My presecription I admit is odd, but once I put in the prescription before, the glasses arrived with no problem. THEN.....when they changed providers (I guess) to make the prescriptions they were unable to do it. Online it would default to suggest Single Vision instead of Progressives like I wanted. Well at one point i spoke to a customer service rep and she suggested i just put my prescription in the box for additional comments. This worked!

HOWEVER, I tried to order another pair (mind you have bought many pairs) they sent me single vision! I sent them back and said "I wanted my prescription as it was last time" they said they would give me a store credit and I could reorder. I've sent them my prescription many times and they continue to ask me if I was sure i wanted this prescription when they received the glasses back! Then they sent me an email saying that if I don't reply to the email stating the NOs to be one number they would cancel my order. Well I responded, saying it was ok to use the NOs number they used previously and this email went unnoticed so they canceled my order again!

When i called to find out why it is taking over a month to get my glasses they said I never responded back to the email. I stated, first of all you questioned my prescription i gave you and tried to get me to buy single vision when i didn't want them, then they said, they can give me a refund of half my money back.

At this point i was done! I argued I wanted a full return and not money taken away because of something they dropped the ball on! Finally they refunded my money full price, but I must say this is one of the most disappointing reviews i've had to write.
Response from Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative
Thank you for posting this review of your recent order from Zenni Optical.
We can confirm that we have recently made some changes to our order form which include prescription limitations for progressive lenses. Due to these changes, we no longer manufacture prescriptions such as yours, in which the difference between the right and left eye spherical values are unusually large. In October of 2017, before these changes were made, you’d ordered a pair of progressive lenses with a similar prescription to what you have now, and the order went through successfully. However, in May 2019, after the new prescription limitations had taken effect, you reported having problems ordering your new glasses, so one of our representatives made an exception on your behalf by advising you to leave us a note in the special instructions box of the order asking that we fulfill your order with the prescription you needed and our lab was happy to push the order through for you.
On July 22nd, you placed another order and left a similar note for us in the special instructions box, asking for the same spherical values as the previous order and you made and additional request that we use two different ADD values (the reading or near vision addition) for each eye. We emailed you on the same day and explained that the ADD values must be the same for both eyes and asked which one we should use. We received your prompt reply on July 23rd, in which you explained which ADD value should be used. Unfortunately, we inadvertently overlooked and failed to address your request for the unusual spherical values when we sent the first email, and we were forced to email you again on July 24th to explain that with such unusually discrepant spherical values, it is best to choose singe vision instead of progressive lenses. We encouraged you to choose single vision and asked that you respond to confirm whether you would like to change the order to single vision or have the order remain as it was. Our email went unanswered, so we emailed you again on July 28th. We regret that we cannot hold an order for more than 13 days, so because we received no response to either email, the order was cancelled on August 5th, 14 days after it was placed. Since your order was paid for by store credit and a small portion of it was paid by credit card, once it was cancelled, your store credit was reissued, and the credit card was refunded. We truly are sorry for the inconvenience you’ve experienced due to our new policy and we apologize for the disappointment you experienced with your most recent order.
Currently, we cannot make another exception to manufacture progressive lenses with your current prescription but if you would like to use the store credit for single vision lenses as you have done in the past, we are happy to manufacture those for you. We appreciate your business and hope to continue to serve your single vision eyeglasses needs in the future.
cherr2
8/19/19
Love it. Quality of frame and prescription lens is excellent. I will purchase again.
The site is very easy to navigate.Try on feature helped a lot. The prescription details can be complex if you don't understand the terminology. The description flag helped a lot but its best to have your eyes checked so that your optician or optometrist can give you the details.
fredk102
8/18/19
got new glass screw on frame broke, they sent new frame, I could not assemble frame, lse I sent glasses back they assemble & returned screw broke again on same side. I was told they were now off warranty and did nothing further and I bought another pair from an other company.

I had no problem with returning my initial pair of glasses. I contacted customer service via online chat and explained my reason for return and I was told I would receive 100% credit that could be applied to my reorder. I followed the return instructions given and kept track via USPS and the transaction went smoothly without any glitches.

By Cornelius T.

Hi. In order to return items, you must contact Zenni Optical to request a return authorization number (RA). You may contact us by phone at 1-800-211-2105, by email at service@zennioptical.com or by using the Live Chat option available near the bottom-right of our home page. Zenni Optical

same day..........................................

By Susan C.

Hi. This is not a service that Zenni currently provides but there are establishments that will replace lenses in your new or used frame.

By Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative

Hi. We're sorry to hear about this problem with your clip-on sunglasses. It is important to report these things to us when they happen. We encourage you to call us at 1-800-211-2105 or email us at service@zennioptical.com. If you choose to email us, please put your order number in the subject line of the email and we will get back to you promptly. Thank you. Zenni Optical

By Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative

Hi, Holly. Our headquarters are in the San Francisco Bay Area, however, there are no stores located there or in any other physical location. Glasses can be purchased online only through our website. We hope to see you there soon. Zenni Optical

By Tahi J., Zenni Optical Representative

50% if return. or 100% store credit...............................

By Susan C.
Questions? Get answers from the Zenni Optical staff and other customers.

Zenni Optical?