Review of Zenni Optical

Tel: 800-211-2105
service@zennioptical.com

allanw50
4/5/19

I purchased glasses and within 3 months the arm fell off. It was never attached properly. Please read the warranty. Cheap glasses but useless now.

paulm1101
3/22/19

After receiving glasses I could not see thru, I tried to return them.
4 tries by E-Mail. Phone required a 15 minute wait , and still gave me a hard time.
Bad product and worse service.
Stay away.

gwendolynd9
3/14/19

Can't believe I got no line bifocals for $30.00 total, frames and lenses, will definitely be ordering again! Americas Best charges $99.00 for lined bifocals and that is only for the lenses.

ashb19
3/10/19

I ordered a pair of glasses from this site a while back fully expecting them to break immediately or not work at all. I am pleasantly surprised. They arrived on time. They fit really well, and most importantly I can see! No they are not $100 glasses. Mine were $15 including shipping, but they look nice, and they still aren't broken after several weeks. I prefer buying cheaper glasses because I am so bad at keeping track of them. I recently ordered 2 more pairs of glasses, and I'm excited for their arrival.

delvins1
2/16/19

No fewer than 11 frames in a variety of styles with progressive lenses over the last year and none of the optics are satisfactory. The Zenni China experience went from economical to expensive in short order, over $600.00 USD and I still don't have one good pair of glasses. The Anti-Reflective coatings they use are sensitive to anything but cool water with mild soap, even high quality optical cleaner heavily diluted with water will in time break down the AR coating leaving thousands of micro fractures on the lens that cause flaring and a general smudged appearance, exactly what I was trying to avoid when ordering AR coating!?

Zenni has two options for pupillary distance: Single PD and Dual PD, but no entry for Near PD, be very aware of this when ordering progressive lenses. Zenni is like stopping into the Quicky Lube when what you really need is a professional tune-up.

I've since ordered a "Live Fitting" with Zeiss Schott Glass, yes it's expensive but so were 11 pair of "discount" Zenni lenses. Zeiss glass is superior optical technology that China has not yet been able to steal and ruin

bryanc175
2/12/19

Takes at least 1 month to get you glasses after your order because they have them made in China after you place your order.

elker1
1/17/19

I've been ordering glasses from Zenni for 10 years now. I belive they are now manufactured in China. Bad Idea!! The last 4 orders have had: lens falling out, arms falling off, sunglass tint faulty, and now my boyfriend ordered 2 pairs and they sent him some miniature glasses that belonged to someone else. They are certainly NOT what they used to be. Shame.

daniellep173
12/14/18

Terrible service!! After over a month and a half of trying to adjust to my new glasses I ordered from Zenni i took them to my optometrist to check out the prescription. It was WAY off. I called Zenni tonight an got by far the rudest worst customer service I have ever encountered. After asking to speak to a supervisor I recieved the same horrid service. Will NEVER so business with this company again. So sad they dont treat their customers with no respect. Especially when they are just trying to get through the day and see better.

genah5
12/10/18

I had a bad experience with another optical company online so decided to give Zenni a go. I found the ordering process more detailed and exacting and was pleased about that. The try on feature is great. I purposely called for assistance and was immediately connected to a real person who answered a couple of measurement questions. The specs arrived quickly, and that was about 2 months ago and the glasses are very smart, sturdy and fit absolutely perfectly. Pay attention to the frame width and temple bar measurements and once you find your perfect fit you can compare other frames on their site. I also ordered the easy clean option and it isn't just a gimmick... it really works! I will definitely order more frames from Zenni. All around a very easy and positive experience. Customer service excellent as well!!!

asnb
11/18/18

This is the best company to buy glasses from. I chose glasses that I thought would look good on me. When they arrived, they looked terrible. I called customer service and they said they could give me ~50% refund or ~100% store credit (they don't reimburse discounts and shipping). I chose the store credit because I needed new glasses. I returned the ugly glasses with their prepaid postage. I received the credit about 1-2 weeks later, chose new glasses, and got them in about 2 weeks (chose the cheapest delivery option). The new ones look great and I will keep shopping at Zenni unless their service or great prices change.

The frame material is cheap if you decide to choose cheap. I chose more expensive material and the glasses look great.

alexar9
11/3/18

Cheap quality plastic like DVD cases. Not worth the hassle to get half my money back or store credit for other terrible quality glasses? Hard pass.

angryc63
9/24/18

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE customer service. I called in because their website was glitching. I have ordered from them using my apple device in the past with no problems. This time, the website keeps freezing when I try to check out. I called the phone number to request help and was told that their website isn't compatible with Apple devices... which is all I have and have ever had... even last time I ordered from them with no problems. When I explained that, I was pretty much just told too bad, figure it out! When I said "I guess I have to order from someone else now?" HE HUNG UP ON ME!!! This is extremely frustrating knowing that I just WASTED MY TIME going through and picking glasses, adding my prescription and everything to get hung up on with absolutely no solution. I'm going back to clearlycontacts.ca since they've always been extremely helpful with great quality. BUYER BEWARE.... IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS, THEY WILL JUST HANG UP ON YOU AND WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

yasminn5
9/22/18

I gotta say I was a bit scared to open my package lol I bought 2 pairs to try them and Im very pleased! They have good prices and the shipping was quick! Just a week! Now I have to order more because my daughters loved them too!

phyllisw51
9/18/18

I ordered transition glasses from Zenni optical. I called after the year, because the transition started to fade like it looked like water spots. I have been ordering transitions for years and never had a fade problem transition don't fade.I have ordered transitions from other companies and never had this problem. I talk to Roy the supposed supervisor he stated they had no record of the call three years ago that there was a problem. The young man that took the called did not make a record of the call. He tried to say I must have cleaned the glasses wrong and caused them to fade. I've been wearing glasses since elementary school. I know how to take care of my glasses. They cost too much to mishandle. Zenni should offer longer warranty anything happens after a year you have wasted your money which is caused by their faulty workmanship don't buy anything from Zenni Optical they are not worthy. Keep your money. I tried to take a pic of glasses,but too much glare to see problem.

saraz26
9/8/18

Purchased two pairs of glasses with progressive lenses. Spent months with migraines and headaches and visited a neurologist numerous times to only discover that the prescriptions for both were not made correctly and didn't include the progressives I had paid for. Company didn't believe me and only offered to have me return the glasses for them to inspect after a BBB complaint was filed. In the end, they admitted the glasses were made incorrectly and gave me the full amount paid in STORE CREDIT. I don't ever want to reorder from them and in addition they refuse to send back the original frames I've paid for. Don't trust this company if your eyesight is not 20/20!

deborahm307
7/23/18

Not worth the price. My glasses got a small crack about a week after getting them - right where the arm and the glass meet, and following the frame until it ends (they only have frame on the top). I did not drop them or abuse them in any way. Hmmm - definitely a problem with the way they were assembled. They wouldn't take them back for a new pair. What they would do was take them back (for a one time deal for me) charge me for shipping, and it would cost me 10% more than I paid on top of the shipping, due to the fact that they said (after waiting on the phone while the rep talked to their supervisor - yeah, right) the promotion rate was not longer in effect. In other words, they would give me my money back, but would charge me 10% more for the new pair. What a rip-off. I did not go for it. I would rather throw them away and buy from someone else, rather than encourage their bad business behavior.

pamelag47
7/16/18

I've done quite a bit of shopping for prescription eyeglasses on a few different sites. Zenni I have to say is the worst. They don't have a virtual try on option where you can see what the glasses look like on you, and the wait time is excruciating. It took almost 3 weeks to get my glasses. They do say 2 - 3 weeks on their site, but I was hoping it would be the sooner of the two. My daughter ordered glasses a few days after mine but got hers before I did. I think they might have had a hard time manufacturing mine since I have bifocals. I received them in the mail today, and thankfully they look great, one problem however is that I can hardly see out of them. I know the prescription is correct since I just had my eyes checked and I received the ones from the eye doctor and they are fine. I can't imagine how long the exchange is going to take. I would not recommend purchasing glasses from ZenniOptical.com. And I definitely will not again.

evaw31
7/2/18

I was in awe if the price of the glasses (definitely the best of all online glasses stores from what I can see). The four glasses I have received were pretty good. However, for one of them the size was a bit off the size was a bit off (my fault on the measurements department) and it was a really timely process to return them and the customer service on that department was lacking. I eventually managed to get 100% store credit for that pair but compared to other online eyewear stores it was definitely a mission.

Tip for consumers: Make sure you know your size before ordering because returning is difficult.

leahc67
7/2/18

I have purchased glasses here and the styles are really good but please no that when you are buying you will be ask if you would like the UV block and if you do not like tint or a yellow hue to your glasses this is not for you. But they do have really nice frames at a great value.

cs277
6/30/18

I'e purchased many pairs of glasses from Zenni over several years. I've always been happy with every single one I received. The frame quality is pretty much what I get when I purchase at an optometrist. The lenses are always well made and to specification. Shipping tends to take a while, but that is expected and they mention it upfront. It usually gets to me a little earlier than they promise. Most of my purchases were relatively cheap, but sometimes it does get more expensive when I add a lot of options. It is still always much cheaper than I'd pay at my optometrist for similar options. Great place to buy glasses.

tyw20
6/24/18

I use to love zenni until today. My first order I purchased 3 pairs of glasses .They were so cute and I was very satisfied I received them fast. I always order multiple frames because I like to switch up every day. I ordered my frames on June 12 and I check my tracking information everyday because I need my glasss to see and drive. So I checked my tracking this past Thursday June 21 and it said my glasses will arrive Friday June 22 by 8 pm by the usps. So I checked again Friday still the same information. So I checked my mail box after my mail carrier left no glasses. I waited to after 8 pm to check back and no glasses. So Im confused I called a postal supervisor to check the info and they had the same info. This is the provider that they choose to work with as it relates to delivery. I am very aware the 14-21 day to receive the item. But my descrepancy is that they give u the tracking info for what invalid info. I waited to Saturday to make sure the package aint get lost Im the mail carrier dropped it off the next day no package. Now when I go online it said the package is in trasit. How can a package go from the post office on its way to my house to back in transit. I called a supervisor today and was hung up on. A supervisor job is to take care of situation that the representative cant handle Im very upset because my glasses are broke and I cant see so how patient can I be I need my glasses. I called back and the representative told me only one supervisor was there but she couldnt give me his name and he refused to talk to me. She told me to contact the main email I did but yet they are telling me the same information 14-21 days. But my package said it would be delivered on June 22,2018 on the tracking information. I will never shop here again. If u want to get good customers if u have a issue with you order this is not the place to go cute glasses though. But but worth the stress.

johnd826
6/11/18

I ordered my glasses on line. Was not sure what to expect. So many other companies have phony TV ads where they quote 2 pair for $69 dollars so I took a chance as glasses at these phony TV ads generally run about $300 or more for glasses
So ordered from Zenni. giving my prescription on line after visiting a Walmart eye doctor to have eyes checked and get Rx for glasses. Within a short delivery time my glasses arrived. They were and are great. For a price of around $90 dollars I got a very good quality, stylish prescription pair of glasses. I am going back again to get a couple more pairs when eyes are checked again for new prescription in the future. Zenni will be my place for glasses from here on out

latoniat
6/1/18

Their prices are too high and they are limited on the script you can use. My sons vision is severely different in both eyes and they could not assist us.

michelleh288
3/20/18

I have been buying glasses from them for about 4 years now. The prescriptions' are always perfect. I get progressive bifocals and they are great. I even got a pair that are transitional. Shipping's quick too about 2-4weeks after ordering.I have saved a lot of money and will never buy glasses for 10 times the price at a store again.

annat129
3/15/18

I haven't bought a new pair of glasses in over 10 years! Needless to say, I NEED a new pair. I found a great pair on Zenni that I wanted to try, but I was also looking at other websites for glasses. When it came down to it, I chose the other company because they offered free returns within 14 days. I have a very small face for an adult, and I'm too nervous to buy a pair of glasses online without trying them on first. Zenni would only offer a 50% return within 30 days. So, ultimately, I chose not to go with them.

Get ready for the run around. It seems like they make it so difficult you eventually give up. You'll actually save more in the long run from buying from other companies with great customer service. These days, there are companies with much lower prices than at say, Lens Crafters, and many others who also know how to treat their customers with respect. Cut your losses and save time and frustration, lesson learned.

By Wendell C.

Questions? Get answers from the Zenni Optical staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Zenni Optical