USVitalRecords.org reviews

Tel: 1.844.477.4141

dongl3
12/10/18

Not even One star.
they charge over 100 hundred bucks and took over 3 months for only one marriage certificate copy. Never answer the Phone.
Misprinted womrong spell of Birth country on that copy.
and they say they will not help for this.
Damn Co. I got robbery. Must do police report this guys.

jayt129
11/28/18

They are just giving information and the telling us to pay the state 12 more dollars and wait 4 to 6 weeks

dixied16
9/27/18

I paid for 2 death certificates for genealogical documentation in the middle of June. My payments were negotiated via m credit card immediately. By the end of September, when no documents were sent, I called and I emailed, only to have no reply. When I called, I was on hold for over 45 minutes each time. When I emailed with order numbers (several times), I received no reply at all. My credit card company refunded my money, but would have preferred the death certificates. I ordered them through Archives.com and they were unable to contact the company, either.

michaelt567
9/24/18

I submitted request for birth certificate on 9/8/18 and still no response. Paid a lot of money for this services. I just want information. I made numerous calls and submitted numerous emails through the info from receipt. What's the hold up? I need to resolve this quickly due to the need of birth certificate for employment.

gertab1
9/14/18

Made it seem easy to just fill in the information online and pay and you get your birth certificate. WRONG. After almost 2 weeks had passed we got an email telling us we needed to submit some more information that the government required. And they told us we had to accomplish this within four days time!!!! OR we would lose the money we had already paid, as it was non-refundable. We were not able to comply within that time-frame.
These people need to be investigated, and I plan on contacting every government representative I can think of, to have this looked into.
They (government) need to find a more reputable company to take care of their requests for government documents.
Right now, it's just one more scam.

bobp189
9/6/18

Ask for a birth certificate and filled out the forms and charged to my credit card. Came back two weeks later and said the information they requested was not enough and needed a valid state license. Found this statement in our spam folder.Filled out the forms they needed for this request. They then proceeded to charge our credit card an addition processing fee since they had to process the form again.5 weeks later still no birth certificate. A very clever ripoff company. Up to $120.00 in fees and no birth certificate. Got it thru our state site for $20.00. Save your money and try your state site first. I am contacting our state and federal representatives to do something about this type of company.

lindag465
8/21/18

Be very careful when using this site. I had to prove how I got to the last name that I have in order to get my Star Drivers License. Since I have been married twice it required me to get two marriage certificates. This site charges $59.87 "administrative" fee before you even get started (which I did not see until the order was placed). By the time it was done they had charged me $82 to get the certificate. Use www.vitalcheck.com. Much cheaper.

davidb1664
8/16/18

I have written I think, 1 bad review before now in my life, but this crowd took about $425 from me. They have not sent my birth certificates, not contacted me, even provided a reference number. I have rung, left messages (no-one answers any phone number they provide). I have written on the "contact me" page. Not a word. Your choice, but I suggest you at least try ringing them before you use them and prove that I at least, am for real!

michaelf568
8/14/18

Please call the number on their website if you need proof. There are weirdly positive reviews on this site which leads me to believe they've either bottled or paid people to leave positive reviews for them. Check google reviews or the BBB for the real deal.

Went to order my bc. Got charged $70 for the privilege but at the time I'm thinking it's a normal rate. Fast forward 24 hours and I'm calling the PA board of health and they inform me that they don't actually operate through this 3rd party site at all. Well $#*! alright lemme go cancel. I call, after getting sent through the messaging system I find that EVERY SINGLE OPTION (random extensions, dialing 0, choosing any of the options they give you at the beginning of the call, or even just waiting on the line) drops you off at an answering machine that I'm 200% sure hasn't been checked since they started scamming people. Tbh I wish I'd done some research before I entered my info but I guess this is a learning opportunity. Either way I sleep easy envisioning terrible, painful things happening to the people running this scam. Please avoid. Save yourself some time and money.

elised14
8/3/18

This company may be worse than the DMV for service. And that's saying a lot.

I bought a birth record through Archives.com. Had they disclosed the name of this con artist / "company" that they outsource the joh to I could have researched and would have never proceeded. There are hundreds of horrible reviews of USA vital so this is clearly "business as usual" for them and I am shocked that Archives.com would affiliate with such a deplorable company.

My issue started after requesting a record (and being charged for it) when I got an email saying I needed to submit a form along with "supporting documentation." The email however was so vague and did not reference what supporting documentation was or how it should be attached.

So, I reached out to the company to clarify and (for the one time in attempting to reach them) got a response saying that they were wrong and I was all set. No further documentation should be needed and they were sending me a non-certified copy of the certificate.

I had clearly requested and paid for a CERTIFIED copy of the cert so I sent them back not one, or two, or three, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or eight, or nine but TEN emails to this effect. They have responded to ZERO of the emails. Do you know how hard it is to ignore TEN EMAILS?

So, then I tried to call them. First time, I was on hold for 40 minutes. Then I had to hang up as my lunch break was over. Second time I was on hold or an HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE MINTUES. I screenshotted the call log for documentation. What is going on with this company??!! Oh, and I didn't get through no one ever picked up the phone!!

In all the complaints online, they say to "call their 800#" which is HYSTERIAL since they don't pick up the phone! These people are deplorable con artists and should be avoided at all costs!!!!!!!!! I am disputing the charges with my credit card company. / Consider your selves warned!

evalynh
7/16/18

Don't use this company and don't let the .org designation fool you. Ordered over a month ago and still have not received it. Have called them over and over after the so-called 7 to 10 days after I ordered and paid $59.87. They finally called me back, 32 days after I ordered and paid. They said it was the states fault and that it would take another two weeks before they can have it to me. I made the mistake of using this so-called Official site and I would be remiss in not warning others about this company.

tomip2
6/27/18

I ordered my birth cert from these people, not knowing the company was in Spain, of all places. I was charged $49, plus a $1.47 fee, and never received anything. I would really like to get my money back, and order from the state in which I was born!!!~

bradleyd33
6/6/18

This company ropes you in by saying it is a 24 hour service. You don't get your document in 24 hours. You still wait 3-4 weeks. They wont refund your money either. On top of that they send your information to the same sight that is endorsed to use by the state.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site or any others like it.

bonnies149
5/11/18

The SMALL print said I have read and agree to terms of service, but I did not know I was not the proper person to order a death certificate so I was charged, then they told me I was not eligible as I was not a close enough relative. The local state office helped us and I should have known NOT to use this web site, I think it is a SCAM.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Bonnie,

On our website the client has to choose the eligible relationship from a drop down menu. This includes only the relationships available to request the certificate from that particular state when ordering online. We do have to follow certain guidlines and parameters which are set out by each state. When a client fills out the application, they must complete the Verify Request portion of the order form. This is set out in a numbered format and the font and size remains the same as the order form. We do not minimize the list . As you pointed out, we do state that the client has to agree to step 3. and on our application form, the Terms of Service is highlighted in blue and is linked directly to the Terms of Service webpage so the client can also review. Once again this is in the same font size and lettering as the rest of the order form.

Right after Step 3 is the paragraph that states:
Enter your full name in the box below. Entering your name constitutes a signature and an agreement that you have read and agree to all of the provisions contained below. It additionally affirms that all information provided on this order form is complete and accurate and that you are a person authorized to obtain a Vital Certificate as indicated by your answer to Relationship to Subject.

Type full name to represent your signature. *

This is another feature with which we inform clients that the information and relationship chosen must comply with the standards and parimeters set forth from the government for the application to be valid. We invite you to visit our website at your convenience to review the information above.
scts
5/6/18

GO TO YOUR LOCAL STATE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD! CHEAPER,.............................................................................................................................................

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello SCT S.
Customer Service is one of our top priorities, which is why we do our due diligence and inform the public of this prior to people filll out our application forms. That is why on every single page on our webiste, you will find that we inform the public that vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost.
joand86
4/7/18

They took my $49 and haven't heard from them since I had to cancel my debit card because I was afraid they were going to steal my money and I've notified the authorities

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Joan.
It seems you may have the wrong company. Our website states since we are a private company, we have an administration fee for our services. Our administration fee is not $49.00 dollars. You may want to review your banking statement for a correct contact number for the agency you used.
maryr380
3/27/18

Charged my credit card for $69.87 but didnt notify me for 2 weeks that I was an invalid requestor. They have a policy of NO Refunds. Expensive! Got what I needed from my own county in a couple days. Save your money & dont use usvitalrecords.org !! They just forward your order to your own County, anyway. Total ripoff website! Lost $69.87 for poor service and no vital record!!

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Mary.
We would like to look into this further for you. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience.
jills108
3/23/18

Supposed to take 7-10 days but it has been 2 months and I still don't have the certificate. I call and email and get voicemail and computer generated emails. Very upset. If I have to do this again, I will not use them.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Jill,
We would like to look further into this matter for you. As you can imagine each state has different processing times. Time frames may vary depending on the state's volume levels, ID Verification being approved, issuance and shipping times. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty reaching our CS Department. Our live agents are available Monday - Friday from 9 am-5pm EST. If all the live agents are assisting clients, you will be prompted to leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received. We also welcome you to submit a status request on our Contact Us page. An agent will return your email and provide you information on how to best acquire a status update.
raquelr15
3/15/18

I tried to call and cancel once I saw that they were not providing a service. I could not leave a message or contact anyone. I felt robbed!

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Raquel,
We would be happy to look further into this matter. We are unsure if you have applied with our company, as our website provides several options to contact us. Our website also clearly states that the online processing fee is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations. Should the client need to contact our office, they may call our Toll free number, email or fill out our 'Contact Us' page. We have Live Agents answering inquiries from 9am- 5pm est Monday- Friday. If our Live Agents are assisting other clients, the client may leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received. We look forward to hearing from you.
joang47
3/1/18

They make company name look like you're dealing with government because when you get the REAL government site $20.00 check is sent to "Vital Records" at a government office not a SCAM office. These people have NO morals or ethics. Do not go on .org or .com site, be sure it's .gov

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Joan.
It is unfortunate that you feel this way. We do our best to inform the public that we are a private company and an option to use. We do not tailor our site to look like any of the state government sites. We are not a .gov site, nor do we use the .gov to confuse others. In fact we even take it one step further and tell the public on every sigle page that we are a private agency and they may in fact request their certificate directly from the goverment for free or at a lesser cost. Other private agencies may not be so forthcoming of this information. Not only is this disclaimer on every single page, we also place this disclaimer directly on the order form in a big bright red box as well as in our Terms of Service that the client will sign they have read and agree to knowing that.
kayb78
2/26/18

scam, beware they will get your information, and not provide a service, and you can not contact them, even if you cancel and receive no services they will not refund, they are a toal rip off, i hope this helps someone

Tip for consumers: scam beware

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Kay,
We have taken a look into this matter for you and see that you have been in communication with our CS Department. As stated on our website in several places "We are a service oriented business, committed to the highest quality in customer service. We cannot provide refunds or cancel an order for any of our services as all vital record orders are reviewed and processed upon receipt." This is stated before a potential client accepts our Terms of Service and submits their application. We provide this information upfront, as well as informing the potential clients on every page that we are a private company and Vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. The only way a service is "not provided" would be if the client fails to follow through with the ID Verification process should they be selected or they personally cancel with the State's Issuing Agency.
briac3
2/8/18

This company will fill out your birth certificate form for you (something you can download from the DOH for free), give you instructions: "to put in envelope", and give you a print out stamp to mail all for "only" $45! Oh, and once you have done all that- you will STILL owe the DOH $20. WHAT A RIP OFF. INSTEAD...You can download online from the DOH for free, put in your own envelope and use a 0.45 stamp to mail with your $20 check. Please don't use this website.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Dear Bria,
I am sorry to inform you that you have applied with another company and this review is incorrect for our site. We are strictly an online agency. We are aware of the private company that you did use, as we have had to speak with other upset clients to direct them to the correct company. We do not send information out to our clients with instructions "to put in envelope" and have them mail it back to the government. All our work is performed online. We are usvitalrecords.org not vitalrecordsonline.com. This is a completely different company.
karenb373
1/29/18
• Updated review

Submitted request through USVitalRecords.org on 11/22/17 - still waiting for the birth certificate. Even though their documentation states: "Receive your vital record in approximately 7 to 10 Business Days Processing & Delivery".
Submitted request through VitalChek 1/23/18 requested expedited service certificate arrived today. 1/29/18.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Dear Karen,
We would like to look further into this matter for you. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience. Our website contains both our contact information as well as our "Contact Us' page if that is easier for you. We look forward to speaking with you.
“Waste of time and money”
1/26/18
• Previous review

They represented themselves as the official site of PA which they are not. Took nearly two weeks for them to process the paperwork after I sent it in. I contacted them and they said I hadn't sent what they needed although I had confirmation email from them that I had. After they submitted to PA I was informed by PA that it would take 18-20 weeks to process the request (we travel in 16). Called PA, they told me to reapply with VitalChek. Did it over the phone, no paperwork involved, got a confirmation number. Paid $30. Called PA the next day with the confirmation number - certificate sent following day. VitalRecords IS NOT the official processor.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Karen,
We do inform the public that we are not affiliated with any government agency on each page of our webite. We do not impersonate the government, nor do we have a .gov site.

We inform the public on every page that Vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. We are an online service that is open to the legal profession and general public to obtain original certified copies of state vital records. As such, the online processing fee for our company is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations.

Our website states this on every page prior to someone filling out their application. Also on the order page, we take this one step further and not only state this in a big bright red box on the order page, but also have the client type in their name to indicate that they have read the Terms of Service were it also states this.

We welcome you to contact our office to discuss this further.
catalinas5
1/26/18

Scamers!! How come are you stiill on business?? with all this bad reviews....All it has to say about you guys is bad and negative!! My husband should go to the reviews before giving you his money., You lie to people just to take the money. so piss off with you guys i will report you to consumer affairs.. A totally ripoff!! my Husband and I work very hard for our money we don't deserve this...My husband so naive in trusting you! Unbelievable!!

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Dear Catalina,

We have been in business for over 12 years and have assisted over a quarter million people with their application process. As stated in previous reviews including the one below, we make it very clear that we are an option to assist clients in acquiring their vital records. We do not claim to be the government, and in fact state on every page that vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost.

We welcome your husband to contact our office to discuss this matter. Please note that due to our Privacy Policy, we are only able to discuss specifics on a file with the person who is listed as the requestor.
blainec11
1/16/18
• Updated review

The response is nonsense; they do absolutely nothing for this fee. Anyone can get an online application from state vital records. That is what they supply, for $39. To reiterate, this is a scam site, in my opinion and based on my contact.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Blaine,
As stated on our website, we are a private online processing company with over 12 years’ experience serving 46 US states. Over a quarter million people have trusted us with their vital record orders because we focus on quality customer service and work hard to ensure the accuracy and successful delivery of certificates.

Yes, you are correct that anyone can apply directly through the government. We actual state this on ever page of our application, as well as a big bright red box prior to the client submitting their application. We inform everyone that Vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. We are an online service that is open to the legal profession and general public to obtain original certified copies of state vital records. As such, the online processing fee for our company is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations.

As stated in earlier correspondence, we welcome you to contact our office to discuss this further to ensure that you are in fact a client of ours.
“Ripoff”
1/11/18
• Previous review

this appears to me to be a scam. I want my money refunded but there is no contact information. It was represented the fee was to get the document, not have it sent to the state, so I can apply and pay the state. This company needs a lawsuit.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Blaine.
We are unsure if you have applied with our company, as our website provides several options to contact us. Our website also clearly states that the online processing fee is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations. Should the client need to contact our office, they may call our Toll free number, email or fill out our 'Contact Us' page. If our Live Agents are assisting other clients, the client may leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received and we strive to maintain a 24 hour response time. We look forward to hearing from you.

I was charged $49. for the application form which is pretty high but I did receive the two birth certificates that I ordered. I received them within two weeks of sending the application.

By Jeannine M.

Hello Julie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello John, Most times the reviews we encounter are for other companies and their clients have mistakenly placed it on our page. If they have applied with our company and the client has not received their certificate, it is usually because the client has not fulfilled the ID verification process that we outline they may be required to complete before their certificate is issued. Other times the client may have also provided incorrect information and there is no record found based on what they have supplied. As our website states in several places, we are a private agency, as such we do have an administration fee. If the client wants to avoid the administration fee, they may go directly through the government and receive their certificate at a lesser cost which we do advise on every page on our website.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Brenda, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Walter, Our Customer Service Agent has called and left a message for you.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Kathleen, It seems you have left this message in error as you have not applied with our company. We are incorporated in Delaware not Badalona. Please direct your inquiry and concerns of the legitimacy of their company to their office.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Gary, Our Customer Service Agent has looked into this matter for you and see that your order was shipped on August 22nd.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Jaymie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to provide you with a status.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Kristin, We are a private online processing company with over 12 years' experience serving 45 US states. Over a quarter million people have trusted us with their vital record orders because we focus on quality customer service and work hard to ensure the accuracy and successful delivery of your certificate.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Eddie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to assist you and answer any of your concerns.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Questions? Get answers from the USVitalRecords.org staff and other customers.

1 Photo for USVitalRecords.org