USVitalRecords.org reviews

Wilmington, Delaware 19806, United States
Tel: 1.844.477.4141

kayw91
2/2/19

They claim to give you actually certificates when in actuality it's an application for the certificates which are free! They charged me 47 dollars and I now have to dispute this with my bank just to get a refund because there is no live person to talk to! Just a run around! People do research before you pay for anything online!! Contact the health department in the city which you need to obtain any such documents!!

missyr11
1/31/19

Just go online to the source!! Your County!! So much cheaper!! All of these "Vital Record" Sites are a scam!! Going right to the county and requesting a needed certificate online is much, much cheaper and easier AND just as secure!!! Don't believe a word you read on these sites, PLEASE!!!

rebeccak153
1/28/19

I ordered my marriage certificate from USVitalrecords.org on November 8th, 2018. In the confirmation email they stated that it would be 2-3 weeks, not including shipping time before I received my order. After 6 weeks I sent a message asking about my order and was told that the state of Tennessee received my order on November 25th and it would take 2-4 weeks, not including shipping time, to receive my order. Another 6 after the order was received by the state of Tennessee I inquired again on the status of my order. Four days later they respond that it is under investigation. That has been 11 days ago and I have heard nothing since. However, THEY WASTED NO TIME CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD $85!!! It has now been nearly 12 weeks since I placed my order. I could have driven to Tennessee and back for less and saved myself a lot of trouble.

danielw370
1/23/19

They charged my card $125, then emailed that I would have to use a different card and provide additional information. They did not provide birth certificate. They did not respond to my phone call. As other have indicated, they are criminal.

jessicar354
1/11/19

This is a scam. They charged me $59 for a copy of my daughter's birth certificate. Come to find that they then sent an email with the information to order it from the state, including the cost for the certificate through the state. I literally spent $59 for nothing. I will be disputing their charge and turning them in. Hopefully you're reading these before you let them scam you, too.

cherylf111
12/26/18

Scammed & overcharged by US Vital Records Org for a free or low cost service provided by State Approved or Affiliated Agencies.Do your research with due diligence.Out $99.99 plus $12.00 for "rush" & never received requested original birth certificate until I contacted Department of Vital Records & Statistics for Pennsylvania. Copy was free for Military Service and only charged $10 fee and $18 UPS Overnight Signature Delivery. Never received certificate requested through US VITAL RECORDS ORG.They never answer phones at all(24 hours a day due to high call volume) & never RSVP to emails.You are on your own without advertised customer support!

jeanc208
12/13/18

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM AND IM TURNING THEM INTO THE "BETTER BUSINESS BUREAO" !!! I SENT $59.00 TO GET A BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND NEVER RECEIVED ONE PIECE OF PAPER ONLY EMAILS ASKING FOR MORE $ THEY SHOULD BE ARRESTED!!!

dongl3
12/10/18

Not even One star.
they charge over 100 hundred bucks and took over 3 months for only one marriage certificate copy. Never answer the Phone.
Misprinted womrong spell of Birth country on that copy.
and they say they will not help for this.
Damn Co. I got robbery. Must do police report this guys.

jayt129
11/28/18

They are just giving information and the telling us to pay the state 12 more dollars and wait 4 to 6 weeks

dixied16
9/27/18

I paid for 2 death certificates for genealogical documentation in the middle of June. My payments were negotiated via m credit card immediately. By the end of September, when no documents were sent, I called and I emailed, only to have no reply. When I called, I was on hold for over 45 minutes each time. When I emailed with order numbers (several times), I received no reply at all. My credit card company refunded my money, but would have preferred the death certificates. I ordered them through Archives.com and they were unable to contact the company, either.

michaelt567
9/24/18

I submitted request for birth certificate on 9/8/18 and still no response. Paid a lot of money for this services. I just want information. I made numerous calls and submitted numerous emails through the info from receipt. What's the hold up? I need to resolve this quickly due to the need of birth certificate for employment.

gertab1
9/14/18

Made it seem easy to just fill in the information online and pay and you get your birth certificate. WRONG. After almost 2 weeks had passed we got an email telling us we needed to submit some more information that the government required. And they told us we had to accomplish this within four days time!!!! OR we would lose the money we had already paid, as it was non-refundable. We were not able to comply within that time-frame.
These people need to be investigated, and I plan on contacting every government representative I can think of, to have this looked into.
They (government) need to find a more reputable company to take care of their requests for government documents.
Right now, it's just one more scam.

bobp189
9/6/18

Ask for a birth certificate and filled out the forms and charged to my credit card. Came back two weeks later and said the information they requested was not enough and needed a valid state license. Found this statement in our spam folder.Filled out the forms they needed for this request. They then proceeded to charge our credit card an addition processing fee since they had to process the form again.5 weeks later still no birth certificate. A very clever ripoff company. Up to $120.00 in fees and no birth certificate. Got it thru our state site for $20.00. Save your money and try your state site first. I am contacting our state and federal representatives to do something about this type of company.

lindag465
8/21/18

Be very careful when using this site. I had to prove how I got to the last name that I have in order to get my Star Drivers License. Since I have been married twice it required me to get two marriage certificates. This site charges $59.87 "administrative" fee before you even get started (which I did not see until the order was placed). By the time it was done they had charged me $82 to get the certificate. Use www.vitalcheck.com. Much cheaper.

davidb1664
8/16/18

I have written I think, 1 bad review before now in my life, but this crowd took about $425 from me. They have not sent my birth certificates, not contacted me, even provided a reference number. I have rung, left messages (no-one answers any phone number they provide). I have written on the "contact me" page. Not a word. Your choice, but I suggest you at least try ringing them before you use them and prove that I at least, am for real!

michaelf568
8/14/18

Please call the number on their website if you need proof. There are weirdly positive reviews on this site which leads me to believe they've either bottled or paid people to leave positive reviews for them. Check google reviews or the BBB for the real deal.

Went to order my bc. Got charged $70 for the privilege but at the time I'm thinking it's a normal rate. Fast forward 24 hours and I'm calling the PA board of health and they inform me that they don't actually operate through this 3rd party site at all. Well $#*! alright lemme go cancel. I call, after getting sent through the messaging system I find that EVERY SINGLE OPTION (random extensions, dialing 0, choosing any of the options they give you at the beginning of the call, or even just waiting on the line) drops you off at an answering machine that I'm 200% sure hasn't been checked since they started scamming people. Tbh I wish I'd done some research before I entered my info but I guess this is a learning opportunity. Either way I sleep easy envisioning terrible, painful things happening to the people running this scam. Please avoid. Save yourself some time and money.

elised14
8/3/18

This company may be worse than the DMV for service. And that's saying a lot.

I bought a birth record through Archives.com. Had they disclosed the name of this con artist / "company" that they outsource the joh to I could have researched and would have never proceeded. There are hundreds of horrible reviews of USA vital so this is clearly "business as usual" for them and I am shocked that Archives.com would affiliate with such a deplorable company.

My issue started after requesting a record (and being charged for it) when I got an email saying I needed to submit a form along with "supporting documentation." The email however was so vague and did not reference what supporting documentation was or how it should be attached.

So, I reached out to the company to clarify and (for the one time in attempting to reach them) got a response saying that they were wrong and I was all set. No further documentation should be needed and they were sending me a non-certified copy of the certificate.

I had clearly requested and paid for a CERTIFIED copy of the cert so I sent them back not one, or two, or three, or four, or five, or six, or seven, or eight, or nine but TEN emails to this effect. They have responded to ZERO of the emails. Do you know how hard it is to ignore TEN EMAILS?

So, then I tried to call them. First time, I was on hold for 40 minutes. Then I had to hang up as my lunch break was over. Second time I was on hold or an HOUR AND FORTY-FIVE MINTUES. I screenshotted the call log for documentation. What is going on with this company??!! Oh, and I didn't get through no one ever picked up the phone!!

In all the complaints online, they say to "call their 800#" which is HYSTERIAL since they don't pick up the phone! These people are deplorable con artists and should be avoided at all costs!!!!!!!!! I am disputing the charges with my credit card company. / Consider your selves warned!

evalynh
7/16/18

Don't use this company and don't let the .org designation fool you. Ordered over a month ago and still have not received it. Have called them over and over after the so-called 7 to 10 days after I ordered and paid $59.87. They finally called me back, 32 days after I ordered and paid. They said it was the states fault and that it would take another two weeks before they can have it to me. I made the mistake of using this so-called Official site and I would be remiss in not warning others about this company.

tomip2
6/27/18

I ordered my birth cert from these people, not knowing the company was in Spain, of all places. I was charged $49, plus a $1.47 fee, and never received anything. I would really like to get my money back, and order from the state in which I was born!!!~

bradleyd33
6/6/18

This company ropes you in by saying it is a 24 hour service. You don't get your document in 24 hours. You still wait 3-4 weeks. They wont refund your money either. On top of that they send your information to the same sight that is endorsed to use by the state.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site or any others like it.

bonnies149
5/11/18

The SMALL print said I have read and agree to terms of service, but I did not know I was not the proper person to order a death certificate so I was charged, then they told me I was not eligible as I was not a close enough relative. The local state office helped us and I should have known NOT to use this web site, I think it is a SCAM.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Bonnie,

On our website the client has to choose the eligible relationship from a drop down menu. This includes only the relationships available to request the certificate from that particular state when ordering online. We do have to follow certain guidlines and parameters which are set out by each state. When a client fills out the application, they must complete the Verify Request portion of the order form. This is set out in a numbered format and the font and size remains the same as the order form. We do not minimize the list . As you pointed out, we do state that the client has to agree to step 3. and on our application form, the Terms of Service is highlighted in blue and is linked directly to the Terms of Service webpage so the client can also review. Once again this is in the same font size and lettering as the rest of the order form.

Right after Step 3 is the paragraph that states:
Enter your full name in the box below. Entering your name constitutes a signature and an agreement that you have read and agree to all of the provisions contained below. It additionally affirms that all information provided on this order form is complete and accurate and that you are a person authorized to obtain a Vital Certificate as indicated by your answer to Relationship to Subject.

Type full name to represent your signature. *

This is another feature with which we inform clients that the information and relationship chosen must comply with the standards and parimeters set forth from the government for the application to be valid. We invite you to visit our website at your convenience to review the information above.
scts
5/6/18

GO TO YOUR LOCAL STATE OFFICIAL WEBSITE AND PAY WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD! CHEAPER,.............................................................................................................................................

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello SCT S.
Customer Service is one of our top priorities, which is why we do our due diligence and inform the public of this prior to people filll out our application forms. That is why on every single page on our webiste, you will find that we inform the public that vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost.
joand86
4/7/18

They took my $49 and haven't heard from them since I had to cancel my debit card because I was afraid they were going to steal my money and I've notified the authorities

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Joan.
It seems you may have the wrong company. Our website states since we are a private company, we have an administration fee for our services. Our administration fee is not $49.00 dollars. You may want to review your banking statement for a correct contact number for the agency you used.
maryr380
3/27/18

Charged my credit card for $69.87 but didnt notify me for 2 weeks that I was an invalid requestor. They have a policy of NO Refunds. Expensive! Got what I needed from my own county in a couple days. Save your money & dont use usvitalrecords.org !! They just forward your order to your own County, anyway. Total ripoff website! Lost $69.87 for poor service and no vital record!!

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Mary.
We would like to look into this further for you. Please contact our office at your earliest convenience.
jills108
3/23/18

Supposed to take 7-10 days but it has been 2 months and I still don't have the certificate. I call and email and get voicemail and computer generated emails. Very upset. If I have to do this again, I will not use them.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Jill,
We would like to look further into this matter for you. As you can imagine each state has different processing times. Time frames may vary depending on the state's volume levels, ID Verification being approved, issuance and shipping times. I am sorry to hear you are having difficulty reaching our CS Department. Our live agents are available Monday - Friday from 9 am-5pm EST. If all the live agents are assisting clients, you will be prompted to leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received. We also welcome you to submit a status request on our Contact Us page. An agent will return your email and provide you information on how to best acquire a status update.

As most of you, I am trying to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. I emailed US Vital Records and received a phone number for California Dept. of Public Health (916) 445-2684. It turns out that the US Vital Records is a third party and it sounds like I can go directly through (my birth state Dept of Public Health. The lady told me where to go on the website https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/default.aspx . Keep in mind I was born in California. You need to find the site for your state. Submit the application, $25 payment and a self addressed stamped envelope. and gave me the address for the California office. I hope this was helpful.

By John F.

I paid $47 to get said forms and have been waiting on my birth certificate for more than 8 weeks! My states public health dept. sent the application back stating that I didn't include $25 fee. I paid a total of $72 and I'm still waiting for my bc. Huge scam

By Karishia W.

This business is located in Spain. They are scammers.

By Karishia W.

Hello Julie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello John, Most times the reviews we encounter are for other companies and their clients have mistakenly placed it on our page. If they have applied with our company and the client has not received their certificate, it is usually because the client has not fulfilled the ID verification process that we outline they may be required to complete before their certificate is issued. Other times the client may have also provided incorrect information and there is no record found based on what they have supplied. As our website states in several places, we are a private agency, as such we do have an administration fee. If the client wants to avoid the administration fee, they may go directly through the government and receive their certificate at a lesser cost which we do advise on every page on our website.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Brenda, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Walter, Our Customer Service Agent has called and left a message for you.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Kathleen, It seems you have left this message in error as you have not applied with our company. We are incorporated in Delaware not Badalona. Please direct your inquiry and concerns of the legitimacy of their company to their office.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Gary, Our Customer Service Agent has looked into this matter for you and see that your order was shipped on August 22nd.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Jaymie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to provide you with a status.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Questions? Get answers from the USVitalRecords.org staff and other customers.

1 Photo for USVitalRecords.org