USVitalRecords.org reviews

Wilmington, Delaware 19806, United States
Tel: 1.844.477.4141

blainec11
1/16/18
• Updated review

The response is nonsense; they do absolutely nothing for this fee. Anyone can get an online application from state vital records. That is what they supply, for $39. To reiterate, this is a scam site, in my opinion and based on my contact.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Blaine,
As stated on our website, we are a private online processing company with over 12 years’ experience serving 46 US states. Over a quarter million people have trusted us with their vital record orders because we focus on quality customer service and work hard to ensure the accuracy and successful delivery of certificates.

Yes, you are correct that anyone can apply directly through the government. We actual state this on ever page of our application, as well as a big bright red box prior to the client submitting their application. We inform everyone that Vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. We are an online service that is open to the legal profession and general public to obtain original certified copies of state vital records. As such, the online processing fee for our company is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations.

As stated in earlier correspondence, we welcome you to contact our office to discuss this further to ensure that you are in fact a client of ours.
“Ripoff”
1/11/18
• Previous review

this appears to me to be a scam. I want my money refunded but there is no contact information. It was represented the fee was to get the document, not have it sent to the state, so I can apply and pay the state. This company needs a lawsuit.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Blaine.
We are unsure if you have applied with our company, as our website provides several options to contact us. Our website also clearly states that the online processing fee is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations. Should the client need to contact our office, they may call our Toll free number, email or fill out our 'Contact Us' page. If our Live Agents are assisting other clients, the client may leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received and we strive to maintain a 24 hour response time. We look forward to hearing from you.
danyak
12/11/17

YOu can order a documents from Vital Check, which contracts with the US government for a $10 processing fee. This site charges you additional fees just to pass your information on to vital check.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Danya,
As I mentioned to Gena below, we thoroughly review applications to ensure they are compliant to what the State's Issuing Agency requires. Thus minimizing the chance of rejection or no records found.
genat1
12/5/17

Go to YOUR state's vital records they will charge a LOT less, period! It was asking me to pay $93.87 for ONE certified birth certificate copy PLUS $10.00 if you want it rushed. If you want free regular mail it would take one day short of the "rush" delivery. It cost me only $43 total from my state's website.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Gena,
As our website states we are a private company that assists in the application process of acquiring Vital Records. We do inform vistiors to our website that we are an option and that in fact you can go directly to the government and receive your certificate for less or at no cost. We inform the client that we will review applications that we receive, to ensure they are compliant to the Government regulations.
suek72
11/23/17

Not knowing how to go about this,found usvital records on line and ordered 2 birth certificates from Iowa. First of all, just go to your state vital records association and skip this middle man. Well, I canceled my order with them within 48 hours because I found I needed a legitimized birth certificate. It was $13 cancellation fee which ended up going through the Iowa vital records bureau. Usvital records still charged me and it took me a lot of time, many phone calls and a 3 month wait to get my money back. Do not use. They only get a 2 because I did get my money back after 2 credit card back charges and a threat to use the better business bureau

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Sue,
As stated in earlier responses, Customer Service is always our top priority. This would be why you did receive a refund, even though the order had been completed through our office and you had agreed to our Terms of Service which state a no refund policy as orders are processed upon receipt. As our website does state we are a private company that assists in the application process of aquiring vital records. We also inform clients that they may acquire their vital certificate themselves by going directly through the governement for lesser or no cost. We review all applications and ensure they are compliant with government regulations. Upon completion the client does receive a legitimate certified copy of their vital record issued directly from the state.
katleenc
11/13/17

I paid for 2 birth certificates and got none, an amount for a 3rd was taken, still no birth certificate and we are 3 weeks later. BIG SCAM

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Kathleen.
I can understand your frustrations if you are waiting for your certificate. I would be more than happy to look into this matter and provide you a status on your order. As you can imagine each state has different processing times. Time frames may vary depending on volume levels, ID Verification being approved, issuance and shipping times. Please contact our Customer Service Department and we will be able to acquire an online status to verify if there were any issues that may be holing up your certificate. The agents will also look into this 3rd charge.

Our live agents are available Monday - Friday from 9 am-5pm EST. If all the live agents are assisting clients, you will be prompted to leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received and we strive to maintain a 24 hour response time. We also welcome you to submit a status request on our Contact Us page. .

deborahf24
10/28/17

I ordered copies of birth certificates and have nothing. This is a scam! Getting in touch with the organization seems impossible. Now I see people saying it takes time, that is rediculous for a service like this.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Deborah,
We would be happy to look into your order for you and acquire a status update. Our live agents are available Monday - Friday from 9 am-5pm EST. If all the live agents are assisting clients, you will be prompted to leave a voicemail. All calls are returned in the order in which they are received and we strive to maintain a 24 hour response time. We also welcome you to submit a status request on our Contact Us page. When we have all the information we will be able to search and see if all information has been received and you have submitted your ID verification if applicable.

markg250
10/24/17

They are quick to take your money, but very slow in delivering the goods if you get them. Email takes two to three days, that is if your graced with one. How is this company still allowed to do business and rob us blind???????

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Dear Mark,
Customer Service is our top priority. As such, if a client has submitted correspondence via our Contact Us page or by contacting our office leaving a voicemail, we strive to maintain our 24 hour response time. We also have Live Agents who answer calls Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm EST. Estimated time frames for the delivery of your certificate vary depending on the applicable State processing time, delivery method chosen, and how long it may take a client to submit their ID verification. We also offer a 24 hour in house processing option when requesting your certificate. We would be more than happy to look into your order, provide you a status update and address any further concerns you may have. Please contact our office at your earliest convienence.

jamesw487
10/18/17

your company is a scam and all social media will know. You took money from an 85 year old war widow. You are a part of what is spoiling our country. Your mother would be so proud of you

jamesc485
10/17/17

I emailed a request for a birth certificate paid 59.87 in June. I call when nothing showed up in Aug and they said since I did not receive my birth certificate I wold not be charged. While my AMEX card was charged, I disputed the charge but still had to pay. The worthless SOBs should be investigated

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello James.
We are sorry to hear of your negative experience. Please contact our office and I would be happy to look into this further for you.

amys269
9/18/17

I requested my daughters birth certificate in July. It's now the middle of September! I was unable to contact anyone to update me on the status of my order because their voicemail box is full. Now I'm concerned that I have been ripped off and will never receive my document. Do not use this company!!!

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Amy.
We would be more than happy to look into this matter for you and see if you have in fact requested with our company. Our voicemail is never full, and we do offer a variety of ways to contact us. Customer Service is our top priority so whether it is by email, live agents or voicemail, should our agents already be assisting other clients, we are there for you. Perhaps you have an incorrect number or you have attempted to contact another company. Either way, we would be happy to try to assist you with your concern.

vincentt24
8/7/17

Www.vitalrecordsonline.com

Do not use this website go directly to your state and County vital records website. This third-party just increases the cost and time in which you receive your birth certificate. I printed my application from them July 17th the state of Minnesota took my money July 19th and here we are August 7th and my application still hasn't even been processed by the state of Minnesota. Original fee for birth certificate was $26 plus Vital Records $40. After calling the state of Minnesota I was charged another $36 to have my application expedited. All total it cost me $106. The only thing this website does give you an application that you can get yourself for free.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Vincent.
vitalrecordsonline.com is not our website and is a different company. For this concern I would encourage you to contact their Customer Service Dept or inform them of your concerns.
stevec221
8/2/17

Be Advised a That I Ordered A Copy Of My Birth
Certificate On July 10 & Today Is AUG 10 & I HAVE RECEIVED NOTHING? ORDER #202209

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
We would be more than happy to look further into this matter for you. Please note we do inform our clients of all the steps and safety measures they need to perform before their certificate is issued, such as the State's Issuing Agency may require you to submit identification for verification purposes. Our office does not handle the identification process, so clients must follow any emailed instructions received by the State's Issuing Agency about how to submit their identification. If the client has not returned this form, their order is on hold until they verify their identity with the State Issuing Agency. Please contact our Customer Service Department at the following email address so we may contact you directly.

alicias64
7/31/17

I paid 59.87 just for them to transfer my info to another company, who then charges me $27 for certificate. I could have completely bypassed them and saved $60! Total scam. Beware of this company.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
On our website we state that we are a private company that assists in the application process of acquiring vital records. We also inform clients that we not affiliated with any federal, state, county or city government and that certificates may be ordered for a lesser cost through the appropriate government agency several times prior to the page where an order is placed.

In addition, we have the Online Service Information appear in a large red box on every single page of our website reiterating that we are a private company and they may order directly with the government for free or at a lesser cost. We indicate that the online processing fee is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations. All this information is made available to our clients prior to reaching the ordering screen so that clients can have the opportunity to read it before placing an order.
josephs226
7/18/17

This site is just a bull$#*! site that sends you a form you can get from the state.. THIS SITE IS A SCAM

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Dear Joseph,
We are sorry you feel this way about our services. Our company attempts to make our clients very aware of the fact that we are a private online ordering service. Which is why we state that we are not affiliated with any federal, state, county or city government and that certificates may be ordered for a lesser cost through the appropriate government agency several times prior to the page where an order is placed.
In addition, we have the Online Service Information appear in a large red box on every single page of our website reiterating that we are a private company and they may order directly with the government for free or at a lesser cost. All of this information is made available to our clients prior to reaching the ordering screen so that clients have the opportunity to read it before placing an order.
rachelp70
6/9/17

This place is ridiculous ive been waiting for 3 months now for my sons death certificate and they said they shipped it but its been over 7 days shouldve been here by now. I call and the lady at vital records is very rude and gives me attitude every time i call.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Dear Rachel,
Customer Service is our top priority and I am sorry to hear of your negative experience. We would love to look into this matter further and provide a status update for your order. As there are many private online agencies that assist in the application process, I would welcome you to contact our office so we can ensure you have applied with our company. This will provide us the opportunity to address your concerns as we take Customer Service very seriously. You may contact our Customer Service Department at 1-844-477-4141. If the live agents are assisting other clients and unable to take your call, please use Ext 234 and we will respond posthaste.
leslied41
5/11/17

Made a purchase realizing it was not the state site and canceled withing 3 minutes of order both on the site and then again as soon as their email confirmation came in. They state they cannot give a full refund because it is a service, so they are keeping about 1/2 of the money. Guess I will have to go to the bank. Why can I not give 0 stars??
Moral of this story is to make sure you have your state site!!

rickm129
4/24/17

I was born in New York but live in Florida now. They took care of it, pretty easy. Did have to scan and send my ID. Pain, but I get it.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Thank you for your review.
We are happy you received your certifiate and apprecaite your patience regarding the ID Verication process. This is a safety measure. As the order is placed online these steps ensure only the eligible requesters may receive a certificate.

emilyp63
3/29/17

Dealing with this is a reminder to research a company before dealing with them and giving them your money. I ordered a birth certificate oct 2016.....its march 2017 and have received nothing. They immediately took my money, said it didn't arrive due to more info needed. The info needed was provided, and still nothing. They do not respond to emails or call you back, and when you call customer service they don't connect you to anyone, only option is to leave a message for them to contact you back. They also make it clear when you call that they do not provide refunds, so you are just basically getting ripped off. If you need a birth certificate, don't use this company, just contact the state you need it from and save yourself time and lots of money. Very disappointed that this can happen!

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Emily.
We are sorry to hear of your negative experience.
Customer Service is our top priority, as such we return all telephone messages and correspondence in the order they are received. As well as we inform our clients of all the steps and safety measures they need to perform before their certificate is issued, such as the State's Issuing Agency may require you to submit identification for verification purposes. Our office does not handle the identification process, so clients must follow any emailed instructions received by the State's Issuing Agency about how to submit their identification. If the client has not returned this form, their order is on hold until they verify their identity with the State Issuing Agency. We would be happy to take a look further into this for you. Please contact our Customer Service Department at the following email address so we may contact you directly.

darrylh16
3/24/17

These guys are not needed. They charge extra money for basically nothing. You could go to https://www.vitalchek.com/ and get this same service for less than half the cost. They charged my $59.87 to basically take my information and move it over to vitalcheck, who would have charged me what they charge either way, which was less that $50. So I paid over $100 to get something that should have cost $45-50. They did get my stuff forwarded quickly though, so good job there I guess.

So in response to your response usvitalrecords, I could buy into possibly being more secure than a government website, but I don't buy into you saying that you do this because "Our agents will contact the client in the event that the order is not compliant with government rules and regulations in order to prevent additional delays." I was contacted several times, but not by you, it was by vitalchek.com, who told me that the option I chose was going to get me a regular copy which I could basically do nothing with, which you guys didn't even bother to warn me about. You also sent my name forward with a wrong middle name, which I caught and had to amend. To be fair, the middle name error was a auto-correct on my end, but I'd expect that to be a red flag. Maybe Vitalcheck is more difficult to start through, but I really doubt it, their website is straightforward and easy to understand.

Response from Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Hello Darryl.
Our website does inform our clients that we are not affiliated with any federal, state, county or city government, and that vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for a lesser cost. The online processing fee is for the cost of providing a secure online ordering service, expert assistance and thorough review of all pertinent information to ensure compliance with government rules and regulations. Our agents will contact the client in the event that the order is not compliant with government rules and regulations in order to prevent additional delays.

dorothyw44
3/22/17

i ORDERED 2 Birth Certificates/ They kept erasing my middle name in ordering so, I hit submit more than once. At the end I realized the amount charged was about $500. I called and all of it was canceled except $119. Then I was told, more documentation needed to complete order with 2 days. I was on vacation and couldn't provide those papers. So, I canceled the order and was told, I'd be charged nothing. Well, now I was told- that was a 2nd company (was another $100.) and USVital wouldn't return any of my money. IT would of been $219. for 2 birth certificates! Beyond ridiculous! My bank tried to call, and no answer. They called me back, and said, they did their job and refused refund. They said, state canceled. Nothing was said about a 2nd company nor another fee! Especially another $100. I'm showing this to my bank for refund. Tell your banks, tell customers NOT TO USE THIS SITE!

Tip for consumers: RUN FROM THIS SITE! DON'T WALK AWAY! mAJOR SCAMMERS HERE!

stephens146
3/2/17

Hmmmmmmm cost me $59.87 to find out you cant trust on-line web sites. I'm going to dispute the charge with Bank of America. Geeeezzzzzz, scumbags.

chriss515
2/15/17

This site charged me $89 for a document I found out later I could get FASTER from my state website for $20. They will not let you cancel an order or refund your money. They will not answer the phone, return messages or respond to email. Its an ABSOLUTE CRIME that this website pops up first on a google search when trying to obtain vital records. I have learned the hard way to trust NOBODY online when making a purchase.

Chris

sarahr141
2/8/17

I placed an order 4 weeks ago for my sons birth certificate, was charged just shy of $200 for something that I now know would have cost me $50 through my county. After numerous attempts to get info from this company I finally was able to get a hold of my local county via phone and discovered the order was never shipped and they claim they only have an order for ONE copy yet the receipt from USVitalRecords reflects that I ordered TWO copies and paid for overnight shipping which I still don't have a MONTH later!!! Nothing but a headache. Filing a claim with my bank.

rosemaries7
1/19/17

Do not use this website! It was verified thru the vital checks websites that this is a fraudulent website!!!

ninap21
10/18/16

This is a scam, I try to cancel after purchasing within 24hrs but only Answering machin says no cancellation and refurn. Too Expensive but terrible costumer service ever!!!! I will claim with my credit card company

I was charged $49. for the application form which is pretty high but I did receive the two birth certificates that I ordered. I received them within two weeks of sending the application.

By Jeannine M.

Hello Julie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello John, Most times the reviews we encounter are for other companies and their clients have mistakenly placed it on our page. If they have applied with our company and the client has not received their certificate, it is usually because the client has not fulfilled the ID verification process that we outline they may be required to complete before their certificate is issued. Other times the client may have also provided incorrect information and there is no record found based on what they have supplied. As our website states in several places, we are a private agency, as such we do have an administration fee. If the client wants to avoid the administration fee, they may go directly through the government and receive their certificate at a lesser cost which we do advise on every page on our website.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Brenda, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Walter, Our Customer Service Agent has called and left a message for you.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Kathleen, It seems you have left this message in error as you have not applied with our company. We are incorporated in Delaware not Badalona. Please direct your inquiry and concerns of the legitimacy of their company to their office.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Gary, Our Customer Service Agent has looked into this matter for you and see that your order was shipped on August 22nd.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Jaymie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to provide you with a status.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Kristin, We are a private online processing company with over 12 years' experience serving 45 US states. Over a quarter million people have trusted us with their vital record orders because we focus on quality customer service and work hard to ensure the accuracy and successful delivery of your certificate.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Eddie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to assist you and answer any of your concerns.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Questions? Get answers from the USVitalRecords.org staff and other customers.

1 Photo for USVitalRecords.org