USVitalRecords.org

USVitalRecords.org has a consumer rating of 1.22 stars from 95 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. USVitalRecords.org also ranks 26th among Government Records sites. The most common issues with USVitalRecords.org are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• Son let me know he'd found the birth certificate Wednesday evening.
  • My credit card company refunded my money, but would have preferred the death certificates.
How would you rate USVitalRecords.org?

“Super Fast”

Ted F.
3/16/19

It took me 5 minutes to order. Took a couple of weeks. The govs not that fast. Got it, got my passport. Boom.

“GO DIRECTLY TO TO THE STATE FOR YOUR NEEDED...”

Kevin H.
1/17/20

I cannot believe a site like this can advertise on the webpage of a state agency. I tried to get a death certificate and got lead to this SCAM website. Ended up paying $70 more than what it costs to go thru the state for their "expedited" services. After the purchase, i felt something wrong so I ordered the next needed death certificate through the proper state website. I received the 1 from the state a couple weeks later. IM STILL WAITING ON THE 1 FROM THIS SCAM WEBSITE 10 DAYS AFTER receiving the 1 from the state and wonder if I will EVER receive it. No way to call them. UNBELIEVABLE. Someone needs to put a STOP to This BS!

birth certificate (33) credit card company (5) customer service (6) credit card (11) phone number (3) google search (3) web site (4) 2 birth certificates (3)
lecyt
February 25th, 2020
I ordered a copy of my birth certificate online and 2 days later I cancelled as I was informed I could just go down to the office and retrieve my cert same day only paying $28. I was also charged $117 for processing that did not occur, as I cancelled soon after I applied. US VITAL RECORDS do not answer your calls nor do they respond to messages or voicemails. I had to report the charge to my bank and fight it. When I did go to obtain my birth certificate, I was informed that the online companies, such as this one, are a scam and to stay away.
kevinh722
January 17th, 2020
stephanies839
January 13th, 2020
Placed order 10/9/2019. Still waiting on 1/15/2020.

Numerous emails and phone calls haven't helped. Many go unanswered. The company requested documents they didn't need as they "didn't realize how old the record" I requested was and then claimed the records were sent. This turned out to be untrue.

Over 97 days later, I am still trying to get the records I requested and paid for. I'm not sure how many phone calls I've made, but I sent ten emails between 10/21/2019 and 1/14/2020 that were completely ignored.

This is a terrible business. Deal with state departments of Vital Statistics instead. You can do just about any records request you need by U.S. mail. Even with the slow rate of mail, you'll likely get what you need in less than 97 days.
rr271
December 20th, 2019
This agency seems as if they will follow through with what you purchase but that is so far from the truth. I needed my birth certificate in order to renew my id and I misplaced my b.c. and followed through with this agency usvitalrecords.org to have a new one sent to me, I paid $115 or probably a few more dollars more and they kept asking for my current id after I stated it's expired and that's why I'm requesting my b.c., they kept with the run around until they stated that they are closing my order. I then asked for a refund and they stated they do not refund your money at any time even though I didn't receive anything but loss money and time. This is a full scam and do not attempt to waste your money. I'm over 70 and was basically robbed, so sad.
andyv51
December 11th, 2019
Charge me $59 just for filling a one page form. The site info is misleading and they are a cheat. Tried to reach out to them and only way is email and they hardly give any explanation on why they charge so much for just sending back electronic form which is also available on the main site.
donnaf293
November 9th, 2019
I paid the initial $90. Had a bad feeling about it and contacted the .gov vital statistics from my state of birth. After the initial they wanted another $45 and asked a lot of questions. I also notified Capital One, which I have already read did not reverse the charges for another victim, and wanted to file a claim against this company. I did request another card from Capital One so they could not process the additional $45 dollars. I had my birth certificate from my state of birth within one week of requesting it!
latishab13
October 23rd, 2019
This website charged me $137.00 for a copy of my birth certificate but then just sent me to VitalChek which charged me another $8. When VitalChek canceled my order because I had the wrong ID, I tried to contact USVitalrecords. org to get a refund but they have a recording saying they don't give refunds and you can't even talk to a real person. The only option you have is to leave a message. I had to file a dispute with my bank.
nancyc551
October 20th, 2019
They take your money, send you an email that they can't process your request and give you a phone # to call. When you do that, you get a recording to leave your name and number and they will call you back in the order received. I did that twice and no call back. I emailed them and got no reply. This is a scam!
caseyr39
October 10th, 2019
I filled out the info for a birth certificate. All they did was retype the information on an application, said it had to be notarized, and sent in with another 25 dollar fee. They did nothing for 59 dollars. I am working with my cc company now to stop payment. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
carolynb379
August 15th, 2019
Never got what i asked for and I cancelled order and they are still charging me and Capital One will not do a reversal.Dont ever use this theifing company. Monica is a theif
akox
August 5th, 2019
They are a scam and steal from you. Supposedly if they are able to cancel your order there will be a fee. I emailed them not even 10 minutes after and no they will not cancel. It's a complete lie! Go to vitalchek. It's much cheaper and they expedite it to you within a week. Listen to the 1 star reviews!!!!
cynthiad173
July 31st, 2019
I'm embarrassed to say that I fell for this scam because it was a .org site. Be advised, you can get all your official records from the state of record, but it will be a .gov site. Realizing my error, I tried to cancel my order almost immediately after placing it. They refused to refund an admin fee of $89. Ugh! Who does this to people?!?!
timk251
July 25th, 2019
My wife needed a modern birth certificates (look like a car title now) and you can't just go to a gov website to get them (have to go in person to the state) or use a 3rd party website. I found one with great reviews, 27k from one site, 11k from another, Shopper Approved site, etc.

I got her birth certificate (1 copy, 2nd copy would have been $90 more) for $90 + $47 shipping & misc. fees. I noticed it shipped from VitalChek, so I went directly to them for mine. I got 2 copies of my birth certificate from Vitalchek.com for $50 total. USVitalRecords.org just submits your info to VitalCheck and charges you $90 for nothing.

So I went to Shopper Approved to leave a review, but couldn't. I appears as though this company will "find" reviews for companies. I found a site with a couple hundred bad reviews for USVitalRecords.org and left my 1 star with everyone else. The problem is the fake reviews massively overshadow the real ones in the search engines. So now, Google search for reviews can't be trusted, even in the 10s of thousands from multiple sites. You have to go to a legitimate site: one you have left reviews on and show up.

I contacted my Capital One credit card, told them about the scam and they refunded my $90. The $47 was legitimate, they are not part of the scam and have no affiliation.
johnd2406
July 19th, 2019
Found them using Google search - have complained to Google, DE AG, DE BBB - under name Legal Docs PDQ!

The ad is rated at 4.6 on google.com search, but many other sites (e.g., sitejabber) rate them much much lower - 1 in this case. They are a scam, slow down processing time (2-3x slower) and refuse to refund admin fee when requesting a refund. All they do is provide a form to submit to a government agency and act as a middleman. They claim to offer a service, but what they really do is get folks to spend $125 on an admin fee that they refuse to refund when found out.
karishiaw
July 17th, 2019
This company is based in a foreign country and they charge you $47 to download forms only. You still have to pay an additional $25 to the govt.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
jeffr291
June 26th, 2019
They do nothing but steel you money don't use them, they are a fraud I talked to customer service and they think it's funny that they ripped me off. They said " you should have read in our website that we do not provide a service"
connieb209
June 11th, 2019
Spent over $200 and never hear from them again. Called credit card company, opened a case but was denied a refund from credit card company case the site says no refunds.
jordanj43
June 3rd, 2019
3rd party website charged me $85.38 for their fee go straight to vital statistics website! Way cheaper and just as easy to go to vital statistics real website. I could have saved my $85 if I realized this was a 3rd party website hoping to help someone else save money
mirandaa23
May 31st, 2019
But yeah, total fraud. I didn't realize the charge would be $59 until it hit my bank account and I decided to look up reviews only to find this. My fault for not checking first, hopefully I'll be able to reverse the charge.
pattir46
April 19th, 2019
This is a complete scam. These people should be charged with fraud. If you need a copy of your vital records you should go to your DMV office, it will cost you $14 and you will walk out the door with it. If you found this web site and thought it was a good way to avoid a 2 hour wait at your DMV, know this you will not get anything. If you try to call you will not reach a person, etc. What you need to do is contact your credit card company, and have them start a fraud investigation, they will get your money back for you. Just a complete scam. Don't let them get away with it.
glennh116
April 12th, 2019
We sent them $59.00 to get my wife's birth certificate. They in turn sent us and application to fill out and mail in to the state with a check for $22.00 to get the birth certificate. We could have done that without any help from this Korean owned company that takes your money then either subs to someone else or sends you a do it yourself.
tolgab2
March 29th, 2019
Ordered a Birth Certificate on Feb 21st and we still do not have it on March 29th.

They had numerous issues with transplanting the last name in to the middle name field (something wrong with their crappy mobile site).

They pass the buck to a service called VitalChek which is pretty much the worst service I've ever used. Terrible customer service. We spoke to them numerous times and have to keep sending them the same information and pictures of documents over and over and after a few days we always get an emails saying "Further info Required".

Also their customer service takes over 30 minutes to answer the line.

In Virginia I found that you can just go to the DMV to get your Birth Certificate for only about $20. We will go there instead.
cinl2
March 29th, 2019
I needed to renew my driver license. DMV recommended them.
They charged $60 to transpose the info I gave them onto a form for ME to send so
I could get a document I needed to renew.
On top of that charged an international fee.

WHO ARE THESE CLOWNS????
martaw12
March 26th, 2019
To give them a 1 is too much. Anyone writing a positive is them as all they do and can do is auto populating on a form that you give them info on. They do not, nor cannot expedite ANYTHING. They will not call you and only 1 email after I sent 3 and that email was a lie too. We all need to sue them. 47 bucks...we are actually going to hire someone to fight them legally. It is the principle. SHAME! Scum bags!!
jasont240
March 21st, 2019
Ordered my certificate. Took only a few minutes to complete the form. Took a few weeks to get the certificate. Government just doesn't get them out that fast I guess. Anyways, no problems for me. Easy enough and have my certificate. Some people say they can't phone them. They give you a phone number when you order and they answered when I called.

As most of you, I am trying to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. I emailed US Vital Records and received a phone number for California Dept. of Public Health (916) 445-2684. It turns out that the US Vital Records is a third party and it sounds like I can go directly through (my birth state Dept of Public Health. The lady told me where to go on the website https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/default.aspx . Keep in mind I was born in California. You need to find the site for your state. Submit the application, $25 payment and a self addressed stamped envelope. and gave me the address for the California office. I hope this was helpful.

By John F.
See more answers (3)

I paid $47 to get said forms and have been waiting on my birth certificate for more than 8 weeks! My states public health dept. sent the application back stating that I didn't include $25 fee. I paid a total of $72 and I'm still waiting for my bc. Huge scam

By Karishia W.

This business is located in Spain. They are scammers.

By Karishia W.

Hello Julie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello John, Most times the reviews we encounter are for other companies and their clients have mistakenly placed it on our page. If they have applied with our company and the client has not received their certificate, it is usually because the client has not fulfilled the ID verification process that we outline they may be required to complete before their certificate is issued. Other times the client may have also provided incorrect information and there is no record found based on what they have supplied. As our website states in several places, we are a private agency, as such we do have an administration fee. If the client wants to avoid the administration fee, they may go directly through the government and receive their certificate at a lesser cost which we do advise on every page on our website.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Brenda, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Walter, Our Customer Service Agent has called and left a message for you.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Kathleen, It seems you have left this message in error as you have not applied with our company. We are incorporated in Delaware not Badalona. Please direct your inquiry and concerns of the legitimacy of their company to their office.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Gary, Our Customer Service Agent has looked into this matter for you and see that your order was shipped on August 22nd.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Jaymie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to provide you with a status.

By Shauntelle C.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the USVitalRecords.org staff and other customers.

Official government issued vital certificates. Quick, Easy & Secure. Rush Processing. Expedited delivery. No lines. No time off work. Order online now!

shauntellec1
Shauntelle C.
Customer service

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USVitalRecords.org?

Have a question about USVitalRecords.org?