USVitalRecords.org reviews

Wilmington, Delaware 19806, United States
Tel: 1.844.477.4141

carolynb379
8/15/19

Never got what i asked for and I cancelled order and they are still charging me and Capital One will not do a reversal.Dont ever use this theifing company. Monica is a theif

akox
8/5/19

They are a scam and steal from you. Supposedly if they are able to cancel your order there will be a fee. I emailed them not even 10 minutes after and no they will not cancel. It's a complete lie! Go to vitalchek. It's much cheaper and they expedite it to you within a week. Listen to the 1 star reviews!!!!

cynthiad173
7/31/19

I'm embarrassed to say that I fell for this scam because it was a .org site. Be advised, you can get all your official records from the state of record, but it will be a .gov site. Realizing my error, I tried to cancel my order almost immediately after placing it. They refused to refund an admin fee of $89. Ugh! Who does this to people?!?!

timk251
7/25/19

My wife needed a modern birth certificates (look like a car title now) and you can't just go to a gov website to get them (have to go in person to the state) or use a 3rd party website. I found one with great reviews, 27k from one site, 11k from another, Shopper Approved site, etc.

I got her birth certificate (1 copy, 2nd copy would have been $90 more) for $90 + $47 shipping & misc. fees. I noticed it shipped from VitalChek, so I went directly to them for mine. I got 2 copies of my birth certificate from Vitalchek.com for $50 total. USVitalRecords.org just submits your info to VitalCheck and charges you $90 for nothing.

So I went to Shopper Approved to leave a review, but couldn't. I appears as though this company will "find" reviews for companies. I found a site with a couple hundred bad reviews for USVitalRecords.org and left my 1 star with everyone else. The problem is the fake reviews massively overshadow the real ones in the search engines. So now, Google search for reviews can't be trusted, even in the 10s of thousands from multiple sites. You have to go to a legitimate site: one you have left reviews on and show up.

I contacted my Capital One credit card, told them about the scam and they refunded my $90. The $47 was legitimate, they are not part of the scam and have no affiliation.

johnd2406
7/19/19

Found them using Google search - have complained to Google, DE AG, DE BBB - under name Legal Docs PDQ!

The ad is rated at 4.6 on google.com search, but many other sites (e.g., sitejabber) rate them much much lower - 1 in this case. They are a scam, slow down processing time (2-3x slower) and refuse to refund admin fee when requesting a refund. All they do is provide a form to submit to a government agency and act as a middleman. They claim to offer a service, but what they really do is get folks to spend $125 on an admin fee that they refuse to refund when found out.

karishiaw
7/17/19

This company is based in a foreign country and they charge you $47 to download forms only. You still have to pay an additional $25 to the govt.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

jeffr291
6/26/19

They do nothing but steel you money don't use them, they are a fraud I talked to customer service and they think it's funny that they ripped me off. They said " you should have read in our website that we do not provide a service"

connieb209
6/11/19

Spent over $200 and never hear from them again. Called credit card company, opened a case but was denied a refund from credit card company case the site says no refunds.

jordanj43
6/3/19

3rd party website charged me $85.38 for their fee go straight to vital statistics website! Way cheaper and just as easy to go to vital statistics real website. I could have saved my $85 if I realized this was a 3rd party website hoping to help someone else save money

mirandaa23
5/31/19

But yeah, total fraud. I didn't realize the charge would be $59 until it hit my bank account and I decided to look up reviews only to find this. My fault for not checking first, hopefully I'll be able to reverse the charge.

pattir46
4/19/19

This is a complete scam. These people should be charged with fraud. If you need a copy of your vital records you should go to your DMV office, it will cost you $14 and you will walk out the door with it. If you found this web site and thought it was a good way to avoid a 2 hour wait at your DMV, know this you will not get anything. If you try to call you will not reach a person, etc. What you need to do is contact your credit card company, and have them start a fraud investigation, they will get your money back for you. Just a complete scam. Don't let them get away with it.

glennh116
4/12/19

We sent them $59.00 to get my wife's birth certificate. They in turn sent us and application to fill out and mail in to the state with a check for $22.00 to get the birth certificate. We could have done that without any help from this Korean owned company that takes your money then either subs to someone else or sends you a do it yourself.

tolgab2
3/29/19

Ordered a Birth Certificate on Feb 21st and we still do not have it on March 29th.

They had numerous issues with transplanting the last name in to the middle name field (something wrong with their crappy mobile site).

They pass the buck to a service called VitalChek which is pretty much the worst service I've ever used. Terrible customer service. We spoke to them numerous times and have to keep sending them the same information and pictures of documents over and over and after a few days we always get an emails saying "Further info Required".

Also their customer service takes over 30 minutes to answer the line.

In Virginia I found that you can just go to the DMV to get your Birth Certificate for only about $20. We will go there instead.

cinl2
3/29/19

I needed to renew my driver license. DMV recommended them.
They charged $60 to transpose the info I gave them onto a form for ME to send so
I could get a document I needed to renew.
On top of that charged an international fee.

WHO ARE THESE CLOWNS????

martaw12
3/26/19

To give them a 1 is too much. Anyone writing a positive is them as all they do and can do is auto populating on a form that you give them info on. They do not, nor cannot expedite ANYTHING. They will not call you and only 1 email after I sent 3 and that email was a lie too. We all need to sue them. 47 bucks...we are actually going to hire someone to fight them legally. It is the principle. SHAME! Scum bags!!

jasont240
3/21/19

Ordered my certificate. Took only a few minutes to complete the form. Took a few weeks to get the certificate. Government just doesn't get them out that fast I guess. Anyways, no problems for me. Easy enough and have my certificate. Some people say they can't phone them. They give you a phone number when you order and they answered when I called.

ginac148
3/21/19

Ordered my son's bc, never recieved anything. Called our states vital statistics office and they told me this place is just a bunch of bs and that I need to try to get my money back. There is no number to call anyone or anything. This is complete crap to take peoples hard earned money. Total ripoff

karig20
3/21/19

Hooray for this company!!! I was able to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. My case was a closed adoption and had lost the original certificate. About three weeks later, I got it in the mail! I'm thrilled! I read the complains on this page and though I'd lost my money.... I highly recommend them!! Thanks US Vital Records!! One happy customer here!

kandaceb3
3/18/19

Its a damn shame that you guys rip off a disabled person or anybody. There is no number to contact or nothing! paid $59 then they asked me to print the application. so i did then asking for a $10 application fee. theres no where to contact them or anything

tedf57
3/16/19

It took me 5 minutes to order. Took a couple of weeks. The govs not that fast. Got it, got my passport. Boom.

jayt136
3/15/19

I had no problems. Easy form and had my certificate in a couple of weeks. Will be ordering again for my wife and son.

pattyg54
3/11/19

This site is a scam. Too bad a pop up does not come up. I filled out application online and paid $150 or so as I also wanted copies of my birth certificate. Then they told me a few days later to print out application I filled out on line on their site and mail directly to NJ Vital Statistitics in Trenton NJ and send a check for $22 and $2 per copy which was way less than I paid USVitalRecorders via credit card. I mailed in my application and checks and 4 weeks later, nothing from NJ. Just called State of NJ Vital Stats office Custmoer Service. He told me they have this company and they are a scam. Said any time you type in search for any State vital records their web site pops op as only option several times any people think it is legitamate. And it is not. Now I will start all over. Wish I had checked out if this was a scam before I authorized $150 payment and now they have all my family info. Don't be their next victim!

Tip for consumers: DON NOT USE! It is a scam site!

lanetteb3
2/26/19

I needed a birth certificate urgently. AFTER charging $155 to my credit card (for a $22.00 birth certificate), they inform me that they need a copy of my ID, and a form to be notarized before they can process anything. After that, I get notice that ALL ORDERS ARE DELAYED. So I paid over $100 in shipping for 3-5 day delivery for a piece of paper, and then am informed that they can't actually do that, and who knows how long it will take. Frustrated, I call the state to see how long the delay is going to be and try to get a refund for my expedited shipping. The state informs me that I actually ordered from a 3rd party website, and that they mail birth certificates for $22.00, and only charge $8.00 for expediting shipping. I was floored. I tried to contact statevitalrecords.org through the phone to cancel and was unsuccessful. I then saw that even if you cancel an order, you are still going to be charged at least $14. I had to call my bank and tell them not to let the $155 pending charge go through, and get a new debit card sent to me. My bank insisted on a new debit card because the entire thing was so shady, they didnt want that company to have my card number. I ordered my birth certicate at the .gov website for $22 that same day. I did not need to show ID or have ANYTHING notarized. It was so much easier and saved me $128 dollars. I am so glad I found out this was a scam and was able to dispute it with capital one and get my money back. I know others weren't so lucky. STAY AWAY.

davidw1386
2/15/19

I filled out their form. They followed with an email stating I supplied incorrect information and left a number for a call back. I called back and left a voice mail. No response to the voice mail. So, I sent an email cancelling. Then I received an email that stating that I would be charged $89.87 because: "we are a service oriented business committed to the highest quality in customer service. We cannot provide refunds or cancel an order for any of our services as all vital record orders are reviewed and processed upon receipt." Caveat emptor! Stay away from this place.

lucasr51
2/8/19

They charge you and then place another order on your behalf to Vitalchek.com (also dodgy). Complete scam, I can't believe these guys are allowed to opeated.

As most of you, I am trying to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. I emailed US Vital Records and received a phone number for California Dept. of Public Health (916) 445-2684. It turns out that the US Vital Records is a third party and it sounds like I can go directly through (my birth state Dept of Public Health. The lady told me where to go on the website https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/default.aspx . Keep in mind I was born in California. You need to find the site for your state. Submit the application, $25 payment and a self addressed stamped envelope. and gave me the address for the California office. I hope this was helpful.

By John F.

I paid $47 to get said forms and have been waiting on my birth certificate for more than 8 weeks! My states public health dept. sent the application back stating that I didn't include $25 fee. I paid a total of $72 and I'm still waiting for my bc. Huge scam

By Karishia W.

This business is located in Spain. They are scammers.

By Karishia W.

Hello Julie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello John, Most times the reviews we encounter are for other companies and their clients have mistakenly placed it on our page. If they have applied with our company and the client has not received their certificate, it is usually because the client has not fulfilled the ID verification process that we outline they may be required to complete before their certificate is issued. Other times the client may have also provided incorrect information and there is no record found based on what they have supplied. As our website states in several places, we are a private agency, as such we do have an administration fee. If the client wants to avoid the administration fee, they may go directly through the government and receive their certificate at a lesser cost which we do advise on every page on our website.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Brenda, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Walter, Our Customer Service Agent has called and left a message for you.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Kathleen, It seems you have left this message in error as you have not applied with our company. We are incorporated in Delaware not Badalona. Please direct your inquiry and concerns of the legitimacy of their company to their office.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Gary, Our Customer Service Agent has looked into this matter for you and see that your order was shipped on August 22nd.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative

Hello Jaymie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to provide you with a status.

By Shauntelle C., USVitalRecords.org Representative
Questions? Get answers from the USVitalRecords.org staff and other customers.

1 Photo for USVitalRecords.org