USVitalRecords.org

USVitalRecords.org

USVitalRecords.org has a consumer rating of 1.2 stars from 103 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. USVitalRecords.org also ranks 23rd among Government Records sites. The most common issues with USVitalRecords.org are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 14 hours

No positive highlights yet

• Son let me know he'd found the birth certificate Wednesday evening.
  • However, THEY WASTED NO TIME CHARGING MY CREDIT CARD $85!
How would you rate USVitalRecords.org?

“Birth Certificate”

Kari G.
3/21/19

Hooray for this company! I was able to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. My case was a closed adoption and had lost the original certificate. About three weeks later, I got it in the mail! I'm thrilled! I read the complains on this page and though I'd lost my money... I highly recommend them! Thanks US Vital Records! One happy customer here!

“Such a scam!”

Virginia C.
4/19/20

This company thrives through the small print. I ordered a birth certificate for almost $50.00. A few days later, the emailed me a completed form (the same one in turns out that the state's Dept. if Vital Statistics uses) with instructions to mail it to the state, and pay them!$25.00. I spent $50 for them to complete a form?!? It is my fault for not reading all the small print. But they clearly make it difficult to see what a scam they are.

birth certificate (41) credit card (15) customer service (6) phone number (3) google search (3) web site (4) 2 birth certificates (3) 6 weeks (2)
virginiac234
April 19th, 2020
Hello Virginia,

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We take several measures to ensure the public is aware that we are a private company which assists in the application process of acquiring vital records.

We also let the public know that vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. We place this in the Disclaimer on every page of our website prior to reaching the ordering screen, so the public can review this information and make an informed decision.

When the client applies with our company, they must complete the Verify Order section. Within this section we once again inform the public in Step 1, that we are not operated, licensed, or affiliated with any government agency. Prior to submission of their order, the customer is required to type their full name, which constitutes a signature, verifying they agree to our terms. Once again, we place this information in full view of the client so they may make an informed decision.
edr232
April 20th, 2020
I needed my birth certificate for legal issues and I thought I went to the correct website but when I saw the charge of 125 dollars I found it odd. After putting in my order I realized I made a big mistake, this company now has all my personal information which they will sell to other companies And there is nothing I can do. Please read carefully and search thoroughly these companies must be held accountable.
Hello Ed,
We take several measures to ensure the public is aware that we are a private company which assists in the application process of acquiring vital records. Our Terms of Service outlines that the information provided to us is collected, used and disclosed solely for the purpose of requesting the documents which is required from the respective government agencies. The personal information will only be submitted to the agency to which the client directly authorizes us to do so at the time their application is submitted.

When the client applies with our company, they must complete the Verify Order section. Within this section, the client must agree to all the provisions we have outlined and type their name in agreement that they have read and agree to the terms.

Once again we take the privacy of our client's information very seriously. We do not sell the client's information to other companies. USVitalRecords.org has security measures in place to prevent against risks such as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying modification and disposal of personal information. These security measures include appropriate physical, electronic, and management procedures to ensure the safety and protection of your personal information.
lecyt
February 25th, 2020
I ordered a copy of my birth certificate online and 2 days later I cancelled as I was informed I could just go down to the office and retrieve my cert same day only paying $28. I was also charged $117 for processing that did not occur, as I cancelled soon after I applied. US VITAL RECORDS do not answer your calls nor do they respond to messages or voicemails. I had to report the charge to my bank and fight it. When I did go to obtain my birth certificate, I was informed that the online companies, such as this one, are a scam and to stay away.
jasont240
March 21st, 2019
Ordered my certificate. Took only a few minutes to complete the form. Took a few weeks to get the certificate. Government just doesn't get them out that fast I guess. Anyways, no problems for me. Easy enough and have my certificate. Some people say they can't phone them. They give you a phone number when you order and they answered when I called.
karig20
March 21st, 2019
jeriw33
May 15th, 2020
This is a scam. They do not provide a birth certificate - they provide - at extreme cost - instructions on how to get a birth certificate that are readily available at the state's site. I did not read the fine print - thought I was in the right place - money down the drain. This was my own fault, but really makes me question why sites like this are legal.
kimberleym58
August 14th, 2020
I clicked online thinking zip was ordering a birth certificate and come to find out 6weeks later absolutely nothing. This is a scam. They do not give you a birth certificate and charge you 49.00. I wrote them along with my credit card to report them as fraud so no one else gets scammed. Stay away. Go to you local state to get it
amandar801
June 8th, 2020
Very misleading. I paid $60 for what I thought was the form to retrieve my birth certificate. When I received their email I realized I'd been mistaken and promptly asked for them to cancel and refund. They claimed their services had already been given so they refused to do it. No services were provided.
kyndallb
May 29th, 2020
Please beware of this company. I paid $61 for a birth certificate with expedited shipping almost a month ago and still nothing. I have been sending emails, leaving voicemails and calling customer support continuously because this is needed for employment purposes to no avail. I can't express the level of dissatisfaction with the company and will NEVER use this service again and will stress that others steer as well. I normally don't believe everything that I read however in this instance I should've just ordered from the health department. I spoke to Lily today and was left fuming because the lack of concern was disheartening. Please beware, it's not worth the amount of $$ you pay.
loreenc2
July 10th, 2020
I ordered a birth certificate from this company. They were fast at taking my 47.00. Still have not received the birth certificate. I need it to get my driver's license renewed so time is a issue. I did just mail to the state for one since I am out of time. So I guess I've just been scammed. I will let the bank deal with them. I want my money back. I got nothing for it
rr271
December 20th, 2019
This agency seems as if they will follow through with what you purchase but that is so far from the truth. I needed my birth certificate in order to renew my id and I misplaced my b. C. and followed through with this agency usvitalrecords.org to have a new one sent to me, I paid $115 or probably a few more dollars more and they kept asking for my current id after I stated it's expired and that's why I'm requesting my b. C., they kept with the run around until they stated that they are closing my order. I then asked for a refund and they stated they do not refund your money at any time even though I didn't receive anything but loss money and time. This is a full scam and do not attempt to waste your money. I'm over 70 and was basically robbed, so sad.
stephanies839
January 13th, 2020
Numerous emails and phone calls haven't helped. Many go unanswered. The company requested documents they didn't need as they "didn't realize how old the record" I requested was (despite the fact that the order clearly stated the year of the records), and then claimed the records were sent. This turned out to be untrue. The excuse I got for this untruth was that their computer Q-drive wasn't working. Then they requested records for the wrong address. Their latest excuse is that it's the state records departments' fault. Since the company didn't even place the orders for the bulk of the time I've been waiting, that excuse is clearly another lie.

There are five complaints similar to mine filed with the Better Business Bureau of Denver, Colorado. This suggests my negative experience with this company is not unique. This company also uses multiple names in different places: BackgroundsUSA, USAVital, AuthoriCheck, etc. Pretty sketchy.

I'm not sure how many phone calls I've made, but I sent eleven emails between 10/21/2019 and 1/23/2020 that were completely ignored.

One hundred sixty-nine days later, I am giving up on trying to get the records I requested and paid for. I'm demanding a full refund.

This is a terrible, unprofessional, and unethical business. You'll get excuses and lies rather than the information you paid for. Deal with state departments of Vital Statistics instead. You can do just about any records request you need by U.S. mail. Even with the slow rate of mail, you'll likely get what you need in less than one hundred sixty-nine days.
angelot25
May 3rd, 2020
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID.
I requested a birth certificate for my son through this company thinking they would offer faster processing and delivery time compared to VitalChek, the official states avenue for these requests.
What USVitalRecords does is simply take the data that you provide them and enter it into VitalChek for you for an absurd fee (two copies of the certificates $282!) Nothing more. You could do this by yourself for under $50.
I usually check the legitimacy of the websites I put my info into, but this time it was an urgent request due to the urgent need for travel internationally in this time of pandemic, and I didn't even have time to think about it.
Total scam, they shouldn't be allowed to operate. Hopefully karma will take care of them.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

Hello Angelo,
We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Our company takes several measures to ensure the public is aware that we are a private company which assists in the application process of acquiring vital records. We let the public know that vital certificates and forms may be ordered from the relevant government agency for free or a lesser cost. We place this in the Disclaimer on every page of our website prior to reaching the ordering screen, so the public can review this information and make an informed decision.

You may recall when the client applies with our company, they must complete the Verify Order section. Within this section, the client must agree to all the provisions we have outlined and type their name in agreement that they have read and agree to the terms. Step 1 of the Verify Order section states:

1. I understand US Vital Records (USVR) offers professional advice and provides support to help eliminate errors when applying for vital certificates. USVR assists in verifying that applications are accurate to avoid delays in processing. USVR is not operated, licensed, or affiliated with any government agency.

We provide all of this information prior to client requesting their vital record so the client may review and make an informed decision when choosing our company.
donnaf293
November 9th, 2019
I paid the initial $90. Had a bad feeling about it and contacted the. Gov vital statistics from my state of birth. After the initial they wanted another $45 and asked a lot of questions. I also notified Capital One, which I have already read did not reverse the charges for another victim, and wanted to file a claim against this company. I did request another card from Capital One so they could not process the additional $45 dollars. I had my birth certificate from my state of birth within one week of requesting it!
andyv51
December 11th, 2019
Charge me $59 just for filling a one page form. The site info is misleading and they are a cheat. Tried to reach out to them and only way is email and they hardly give any explanation on why they charge so much for just sending back electronic form which is also available on the main site.
kevinh722
January 17th, 2020
I cannot believe a site like this can advertise on the webpage of a state agency. I tried to get a death certificate and got lead to this SCAM website. Ended up paying $70 more than what it costs to go thru the state for their "expedited" services. After the purchase, i felt something wrong so I ordered the next needed death certificate through the proper state website. I received the 1 from the state a couple weeks later. IM STILL WAITING ON THE 1 FROM THIS SCAM WEBSITE 10 DAYS AFTER receiving the 1 from the state and wonder if I will EVER receive it. No way to call them. UNBELIEVABLE. Someone needs to put a STOP to This BS!
latishab13
October 23rd, 2019
This website charged me $137.00 for a copy of my birth certificate but then just sent me to VitalChek which charged me another $8. When VitalChek canceled my order because I had the wrong ID, I tried to contact USVitalrecords. Org to get a refund but they have a recording saying they don't give refunds and you can't even talk to a real person. The only option you have is to leave a message. I had to file a dispute with my bank.
kayw91
February 2nd, 2019
They claim to give you actually certificates when in actuality it's an application for the certificates which are free! They charged me 47 dollars and I now have to dispute this with my bank just to get a refund because there is no live person to talk to! Just a run around! People do research before you pay for anything online! Contact the health department in the city which you need to obtain any such documents!
davidb1664
August 16th, 2018
I have written I think, 1 bad review before now in my life, but this crowd took about $425 from me. They have not sent my birth certificates, not contacted me, even provided a reference number. I have rung, left messages (no-one answers any phone number they provide). I have written on the "contact me" page. Not a word. Your choice, but I suggest you at least try ringing them before you use them and prove that I at least, am for real!
cynthiad173
July 31st, 2019
I'm embarrassed to say that I fell for this scam because it was a. Org site. Be advised, you can get all your official records from the state of record, but it will be a. Gov site. Realizing my error, I tried to cancel my order almost immediately after placing it. They refused to refund an admin fee of $89. Ugh! Who does this to people?!?!
jessicar354
January 11th, 2019
This is a scam. They charged me $59 for a copy of my daughter's birth certificate. Come to find that they then sent an email with the information to order it from the state, including the cost for the certificate through the state. I literally spent $59 for nothing. I will be disputing their charge and turning them in. Hopefully you're reading these before you let them scam you, too.
martaw12
March 26th, 2019
To give them a 1 is too much. Anyone writing a positive is them as all they do and can do is auto populating on a form that you give them info on. They do not, nor cannot expedite ANYTHING. They will not call you and only 1 email after I sent 3 and that email was a lie too. We all need to sue them. 47 bucks... we are actually going to hire someone to fight them legally. It is the principle. SHAME! Scum bags!
nancyc551
October 20th, 2019
They take your money, send you an email that they can't process your request and give you a phone # to call. When you do that, you get a recording to leave your name and number and they will call you back in the order received. I did that twice and no call back. I emailed them and got no reply. This is a scam!
tolgab2
March 29th, 2019
Ordered a Birth Certificate on Feb 21st and we still do not have it on March 29th.

They had numerous issues with transplanting the last name in to the middle name field (something wrong with their crappy mobile site).

They pass the buck to a service called VitalChek which is pretty much the worst service I've ever used. Terrible customer service. We spoke to them numerous times and have to keep sending them the same information and pictures of documents over and over and after a few days we always get an emails saying "Further info Required".

Also their customer service takes over 30 minutes to answer the line.

In Virginia I found that you can just go to the DMV to get your Birth Certificate for only about $20. We will go there instead.
johnd2406
July 19th, 2019
Found them using Google search - have complained to Google, DE AG, DE BBB - under name Legal Docs PDQ!

The ad is rated at 4.6 on google.com search, but many other sites (e.g., sitejabber) rate them much much lower - 1 in this case. They are a scam, slow down processing time (2-3x slower) and refuse to refund admin fee when requesting a refund. All they do is provide a form to submit to a government agency and act as a middleman. They claim to offer a service, but what they really do is get folks to spend $125 on an admin fee that they refuse to refund when found out.

As most of you, I am trying to get a certified copy of my birth certificate. I emailed US Vital Records and received a phone number for California Dept. of Public Health (916) 445-2684. It turns out that the US Vital Records is a third party and it sounds like I can go directly through (my birth state Dept of Public Health. The lady told me where to go on the website https://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Pages/default.aspx. Keep in mind I was born in California. You need to find the site for your state. Submit the application, $25 payment and a self addressed stamped envelope. And gave me the address for the California office. I hope this was helpful.

By John F.
See more answers (3)

I paid $47 to get said forms and have been waiting on my birth certificate for more than 8 weeks! My states public health dept. sent the application back stating that I didn't include $25 fee. I paid a total of $72 and I'm still waiting for my bc. Huge scam

By Karishia W.

This business is located in Spain. They are scammers.

By Karishia W.

Hello Julie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello John, Most times the reviews we encounter are for other companies and their clients have mistakenly placed it on our page. If they have applied with our company and the client has not received their certificate, it is usually because the client has not fulfilled the ID verification process that we outline they may be required to complete before their certificate is issued. Other times the client may have also provided incorrect information and there is no record found based on what they have supplied. As our website states in several places, we are a private agency, as such we do have an administration fee. If the client wants to avoid the administration fee, they may go directly through the government and receive their certificate at a lesser cost which we do advise on every page on our website.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Brenda, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. The $49.00 is not a fee that we charge, so most likely you have not ordered from us.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Walter, Our Customer Service Agent has called and left a message for you.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Kathleen, It seems you have left this message in error as you have not applied with our company. We are incorporated in Delaware not Badalona. Please direct your inquiry and concerns of the legitimacy of their company to their office.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Gary, Our Customer Service Agent has looked into this matter for you and see that your order was shipped on August 22nd.

By Shauntelle C.,

Hello Jaymie, Please refer to your order and contact our office at the customer service telephone number and or email address that was provided on the receipt. We would be happy to provide you with a status.

By Shauntelle C.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the USVitalRecords.org staff and other customers.

Official government issued vital certificates. Quick, Easy & Secure. Rush Processing. Expedited delivery. No lines. No time off work. Order online now!

Shauntelle C.
Typically responds within 14 hours

How do I know I can trust these reviews about USVitalRecords.org?

See reviews as you browse with our Firefox extension

1.2
Have a question about USVitalRecords.org?