UPS reviews

Reviews

j b.
“Awful”
4/16/18

I will forever be this company's nightmare. I would NEVER recommend them for anything. I have friends with businesses and I am making sure that they don't give business to such an awful deplorable company. Their customer service people are robots that follow scripts and have NO capability to resolve problems. They have completely messed up a delivery and lost my package and it is the last straw. I have let the past issues pass because hey, everyone makes mistakes, but this company is so redundant on its mistakes and yet has customer service people that do not know how to talk to clients and have ZERO use. they are not trained properly. the company gives them NO authority to resolve problems so in essence they are paying them to just say "hello" when we call. what a waste of my money, time and a lot of cause of aggravation and hiked blood pressure from these people. awful company!!!

James M.
“overall good”
4/16/18

i order quite a lot of things online, and UPS usually ships them as they tend to be larger items. Sometimes the boxes come damaged, i've called UPS on this many times, and it doesn't look like there's much they can do about quality controlling their drivers. overall, i'd say 80% of the time the boxes come good, the other 20% there are dents/scratches what have you.

Marilyn E.
“Pathetic delivery”
4/14/18

I had an order that was supposed to be delivered on 4/13 end of business. I called and got an agent Stephanie from Guatemala and she told me nothing could be done until next business day. Jason the supervisor supposedly contacted a supervisor in my city but of course, no one called me. Imagine that. Now the item I really needed on Friday is not here and no one to help until Monday. Yet when I track it, it showed arriving in Las Vegas at 615am.

K B.
“UPS STINKS”
4/7/18

I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF UPS THINKING IT IS OKAY TO TIE UP A PERSONS ENTIRE DAY WAITING FOR A DELIVERY ON A SATURDAY. IT IS FAR FROM ACCEPTABLE TO DO TO CUSTOMERS. THIS COMPANY THINKS THAT THEY ARE BEING HELPFUL TO HAVE SATURDAY DELIVERY WELL IT IS A CROCK OF CRAP!!!!! I CALLED ASKING TO PLEASE SEE IF THE DISPATCHER COULD GET A TIME FRAME SO THAT I MIGHT HAVE AT LEAST GONE TO THE PHARMACY TO GET MY MEDICATION IMPORTANT TO KEEPING ME ALIVE. THE ANSWER I GOT WAS THE PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED BY 8:00PM. I ASKED THEM IF THEY THOUGHT IT WAS ACCEPTABLE TO DO THIS TO CUSTOMERS AND THE SUPERVISOR IN THE BACK GROUND WAS GIGGLING OVER THE MATTER. UPS THINKS IT IS GOOD BUSINESS TO HAVE SATURDAY DELIVERY BUT IN MY OPINION IT IS NIT BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT PROVIDE A DECENT TIME FRAME FOR DELIVERY ALL THEY SAY IS IT WILL BE DELIVERED BY 8:00PM. SATURDAY IS A DAY TO SPEND DOING ERRANDS AND ENJOYING A DAY TO REST SPENDING TIME WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS NOT SITTING WAITING FOR A PACKAGE TO SHOW UP IT IS LIKE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY UPS. THIS IS SO FAR FROM FUNNY. I HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE WITH A SUPERVISOR AND HE TOLD ME HE FEELS IT IS ACCEPTABLE TO HAVE A CUSTOMER WAITING A FULL DAY TO GET A DELIVERY. HE ALSO REFUSED ME FILING A COMPLAINT OVER THIS MATTER HE SAID HE SAW NO REASON TO FILE A COMPLAINT IN REGARDS TO THIS MATTER. UPS HAS GONE SO FAR DOWN IN QUALITY OF DELIVERY SERVICES AND COURTESY AND CUSTOMER CARE. THE COMPANY HAS GONE BACKWARDS IN GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICES AND POLITENESS UPS USE TO PUT CUSTOMER CONCERNS FIRST AND FOREMOST. BUT NOW YOU GET THE SHORT END OF THE STICK AND NO VASELINE TO EASE THE PAIN OF GETTING SCREWED. SO IF YOU LIKE FEELING LIKE A HOSTAGE WAITING FOR DELIVERIES THE UPS IS THE WAY TO GO. BUT I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL SO MY BUSINESS GOES TO FED EX AND THE POST OFFICE. UPS CAN GO SPIN ON A POINTY STICK!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAWARE UPS ( UNITED PARCEL SERVICE ) DOES NOT PROVIDE GOOD SERVICE TO ITS CUSTOMERS IF YOU USE UPS ( UNITED PARCEL SERVICE YOU WILL MOST LIKELY BE TREATED LIKE DIRT AND CRAP !!!!!! BE CAREFUL

Ritesh S.
“1Z8779E00466498298 Worst Company Ever Found in the WORLD”
3/12/18

1Z8779E00466498298

IT IS A FRAUD COMPANY WHO MAKES FAKE PROMISES AND ALL OF THEIR EMPLOYEES ARE CHEATING PEOPLE.
THEY MAKE FALSE COMMITMENTS.
ONE OF MY CONSIGNMENT WAS SUPPOSE TO DELIVER ON 5TH FEBRUARY 2018 BUT AM STILL STRUGGLING WITH THEM TO GET THIS ISSUE RESOLVED.
THEY ARE ALL SAME TYPE OF NONSENSE WHO MAKES THE LIFE DIFFICULT, THEY ASK ONE QUESTION HUNDRED TIMES, ONCE YOU THINK THEY UNDERSTOOD YOUR ANSWER THEY WILL AGAIN START ASKING THE SAME QUESTION FROM DIFFERENT MEDIA.
I HAVE LOST MY 40,000 INR ALONG WITH APPROX 1 LAKH INR BUSINESS BECAUSE OF THAT PARCEL NOT RECEIVED IN TIME.
ITS A BIG LOSS FOR ME AND I AM GOING TO SUE THIS COMPANY ON DIGITAL MEDIA NOW.

UPS.com in India has cheated and is a big example of fraud, they have given me a commitment that they will be delivering the parcel to my office on 5th February 2018, unfortunately till today i am struggling to get my parcel in place.
because of this reason I have already lost $5000 and going through a severe mental stressed condition.
Please can you raise the voice and get it sorted out at the earliest.
Tracking number is: 1Z8779E00466498298

Saleh L.
“UPS”
3/5/18

Worse customer service!!!! I Sent a package to China, I had to call three times to the pick up( because they massed up), then I select three days service and rhey gave me estimate cost base on that, when I checked the status of the package few days later I noticed that its going to be delivered in 10 days, I called them to find out whats going on, the lady( from tracking service couldnt answer me, I asked her name she refused, I asked her if I can talk to her supervisor, again she refused) and then she just disconnected me. I called back few times more every time talk to deferent people and no one tried to solve my issue, I will here use UPS again.

Alain B.
“Good shipping and tracking”
2/24/18

My computer was handle with care from NY to Oregon great service. I had a tracking all the way....".........

Timmy G.
“20+ years of UGH just got worse”
2/12/18

For the better part of twenty years most of my deliveries came via UPS. For the most part they actually arrived and were dumped (not placed, just dropped) at my door, and very often literally thrown up the stairs to my second-story apartment, where they would usually land in front of somebody elses door or just in the middle of the hallway somewhere. Very often when this happened these deliveries would be visible from the outside of the building and I and my neighbors have actually seen these package being carried off by thieves, who would tear the boxes open behind the buildings, take the contents, and leave the remnants in the landscaping with recipients name and address clearly visible, which, adding insult to injury, would result in a fine by the homeowners association. Packages delivered like this often ended up breaking and/or spilling.
I have since moved from a major metropolitan area to a tiny university town. For several months I received my deliveries with no problems whatsoever. I noticed they were still thrown at my door, although the UPS truck can literally park 6-10 steps away from my front door.
Then the nightmare began.
My neighborhood appears to have gotten another driver, who seems to be incapable of actually delivering anything. It all started out innocently enough with a notice stuck on the door stating we missed you or whatever equivalent is actually stamped on these sticky notes. I thought it strange as three people including myself were home at the time and none of us heard a knock or the doorbell ring. Upon tracking the deliveries I found that they would be available for pickup several miles away the next day; the reason I have things delivered is because it is very hard for me to actually pick stuff up anywhere.
That first time I scheduled re-delivery which was not available that week but only the following Monday. Without notification, and only because I checked tracking, on Monday afternoon I discovered that the deliveries had been re-scheduled for that Thursday. Im getting increasingly annoyed at this continued demand for a presence at home when in the past all UPS ever did was throw packages at my door. When I call to complain or reschedule or anything at all I first have to wade through the user-unfriendly phone system every time which forces me to state a bunch of nonsense to actually get to a human being that is invariably rude and unhelpful. It was made clear that delivery is now dependent on discretion of the driver as to whether the area is unsafe, the package may get wet, depending on the value of the package, blah blah blah insert excuse here - since when has anybody ever given a rats patootie, please just keep on throwing stuff at my door, for crying out loud. If I wanted or expected to sign for a package it would not be for anything sent via UPS.
Subsequently I have continued to find notices stuck on my door and not one single package has actually been delivered for some six weeks now. Most times there has actually been someone at home, myself included, and neither I nor anybody else ever recalled having heard a knock or the doorbell ring. We all thought we were losing our minds till I started looking for reviews and found that it is apparently quite common now for UPS carriers to sneak up and leave notices and not actually deliver. I dont understand why; it takes more time and effort to write out a notice and sneak up to the door and stick it on the door than just dropping the package or just throwing it at the door. The latest problem UPS has begun to cause me is that due to being unable to deliver my packages after however many random attempts, my stuff gets returned to sender but I am unable to track it beyond being sent back to whatever UPS hub signed for it, so Im running into a lot of trouble getting my money refunded because the sender never gets it back.
I have no problem with UPS drivers using their discretion but for heavens sake knock on the door or ring the doorbell or blow the horn or do something besides blinking to alert us to your presence.
I have cancelled orders that are due to be shipped via UPS and will no longer purchase from otherwise useful sites like Amazon. There is absolutely nowhere to complain about this thoroughly lousy service and I have had enough.

Jonathan L.
“Lost item... But got a partial refund...”
12/31/17

They sent my item to someone else (more or less a block away). I had to retrieve it on my own. But they gave me a partial refund for my trouble.

If you like scavenger hunts (looking for items using clues), choose UPS. If not, pick a different courier.

Lane F.
“My Driver is the best thing they have”
12/30/17

What the heck is going on at UPS??? They were my go to with my choice and my local drivers. I am done this year with UPS- overnight a package that took over a week because they do not listen. I requested a refund and that was supposed to be processed and it is not clear what if anything they did or did not do pursuant to bad record keeping. UPS Delivered my package to wrong address no matter how many times they are given a correct address. My choice often not working. USPS is far worse, and FEDEX is neck and neck to USPS. Really poor customer service and customer focus.

SUSAN R.
“REALLY GREAT SERVICE FROM AN EMPLOYEE”
12/5/17

I WAS WAITING FOR MY TURN TO MAIL A LARGE PACKAGE SO I HAD A TIME
TO OBSERVE THE SERVICE OTHERS WERE GETTING.

ONE GIRL WAS A BRIGHT SHINNING STAR, IT WAS QUITE BUSY BUT SHE
TREATED EVERYONE LIKE THEY WERE HER FIRST CUSTOMERS OF THE DAY. SHE SMILED, HAD A GREAT VOICE AND WAS REALLY OUTSTANDING IN
HER TREATMENT OF THE CUSTOMERS. I TOLD HER I HAD WATCHED HER
AND WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH THE JOY IN WHICH APPROACHED EVERY
CUSTOMER WITH THIS CHEERY ATTITUDE, LIKE SHE WAS AS FRESH AS A
DAISY.

I OFFERED TO TALK TO HER SUPERVISOR ABOUT HER AND HOW ENGAGED
I WAS WATCHING AND LISTENING TO HER. SHE SAID INSTEAD I WAS TO
PUT THIS ON SITE JABBER INSTEAD, I AGREED, FIVE MONTHS AGO. WILL
LET HER KNOW TOMORROW OF THE FINALLY COMPLETING THIS TASK.

THERE HAPPENED TO BE MORE THAN ONE JASMINE AT THAT STORE AT THE
SAME TIME SO I AGREED TO PUT IN JASMINE T., TO MAKE THE REVIEW FIT
HER.

I AM A THERAPIST, SOMEONE USED TO MONITORING PEOPLE CLOSELY AND
BE ABLE TO ASSESS THEIR PERFORMANCE AND JASMINE WAS REALLY A
GREAT EXAMPLE TO HOW TO GO ABOUT YOUR DAILY WORK AND LEAVE ALL
FEELING GOOD ABOUT THEIR INTERACTION WITH HER. SHE DOES A GREAT
JOB, MUCH HIGHER THAN PERFORMANCE STANDARDS ARE NORMALLY.
CONGRATULATIONS TO HER.

SMR LAKEWOOD, WASHINGTON

Tisha B.
“Customer Service”
12/4/17

Customer service, customer service, customer service, excellent customer service, excellent customer customer service, and excellent customer service. Thank you!!!

Patricia M.
“EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE”
11/22/17

UPS lost my delivery of a loveseat in September. A replacement was made from the company I ordered from in November. Was supposed to be delivered on the 15th. Called UPS different times and different people they all had different excuses. All had the same story though that the box was dropped, box damaged and had to go back to the depot for inspection and repackaging. Promise of another day of delivery by the supervisor and said 100% on the delivery truck and will be delivered by 830 tonight. Was never delivered. Their own employees don't even know their own services. One of them told me they don't schedule or pre book days or times for delivery. All round rude and abrupt. One of them even hung up on me by placing me back on hold. That employee knows nothing about "my choice". All round lazy they didn't even fill out the date they left attempted to deliver!

CHRIS W.
“UPS " guarantee "is a scam !”
10/20/17

UPS NEXT DAY AIR is " GUARANTEED " to arrive by 10:30 am or the shipping charge will be refunded. Did you know that if the carrier is running late with the delivery to the receiver that he can mark the package as "delivered " ?! As long as the carrier is " in the area of the receiver " he can falsify the delivery records to avoid being late which will cause UPS to refund the shipping charge. . This is acceptable by UPS standards. They are nothing but scam artists !!

Ton P.
“Great, reliable!”
10/17/17

First time I used this company to deliver a really valuable parcel overseas. My friend was working there as a manager and offered it under his own responsibility. Everything went fine and still does from time to time for a year already. The delivery isnt always precise with timing, though they keep everything undamaged every time, thats the most valuable point of a delivery company for me.

Brandon S.
“Ups ripped me off they charged me $475 for packages that could be mailed via usps for $30.”
10/15/17

Stay away from ups I had the ups man ship the packages to eBay buyers from a place the ups truck stops everyday he just took the packages and they never did even ask me what price I wanted to ship the packages for they just shipped them super express and put $100 price tag on each package shipped. UPS has very poor customer service I will never do business with UPS again!

Shawn N.
“Damage personal property and don't wanna pay for it”
10/9/17

So i had a package delivered back in december and the driver flys up the driveway with the big trucks and breaks our clothes line. Drives about 20 to 30 feet noticing. It goes threw the roof of my shed so now water is leaking into it. They wait almost July to file it to there insurance company. Now almost a year later they have yet to replace the line, pole and fix the shed. So since then we've been forced to use our dryer for everything. Well guess what with 2 patents and 2 children it adds up. Hydro should be covered at your expence being you guys wanna waste months on doing nothing. What is going to be done about this? Cause all she does is drag it on and ignore.
Andreas.Mantas@crawco.ca

And now after 10months of having to use our dryer every time cause they keep dragging this on. Here's the reply I get. Even after the driver admitted it was his fault.

I have attached a final release in the amount of $480.25

The rationale for the payment is as follows.

Total cost to repair - $960.50

Less 50% depreciation as building and clothesline are over 5 years old

No increase for hydro

Total amount paid $480.25

Once the final release is signed and sent back to me via email I will be able to process the payment and send it to your address.

Andreas Mantas
Claims Adjuster
Inside Claims Personal Lines

Eric H.
“Quality merchandise that's affordable and adorable.”
10/3/17

Each piece of merchandise I've ordered has been on time delivered and just as beautiful In person as it is in the picture. Awesome product and well worth it.

Snow P.
“UPS Czech Republic - Liars - Useless - Worthless company - Stay away!”
9/20/17

I ordered some business cards and paid for the fastest delivery option. I received a message it was going to be delivered by UPS Czech Republic on Tuesday 19th September.

I specified in writing a delivery time via the UPS online system. Despite this, UPS tried to deliver the parcel after, not before, 2 PM.

I called the number on the UPS InfoNotice left in my postbox, and was charged extra for calling a special charges number. But it was an answering machine stating UPS had changed their number, and to call another number, for which I was charged again, obviously.

According to the UPS website, I am to "use this InfoNotice to tell the driver what I want to do with the package" and "place it back in the same location where the driver originally left it" (!). Back into my personal postbox, lol? How long is it going to take before the driver finds it there, lol?

I called UPS and was told they won't deliver before 2 PM, on any day, even though their working hours are 9 AM-7 PM. So, I had to collect the parcel the following morning from their depot in the outskirts of the city. When I said that I had paid for fastest delivery option, I was also told I *HAD NOT PAID* for the fastest delivery option (!).

Within seconds of reading the above, the business card company issued me with a refund via PayPal for delivery.

Within seconds of reading the above, UPS Customer Service wrote: "I am a little unsure of how to further assist you further..." Later, "... please tell me what you need sorted out...." And later, still: "You did not explain to me what you needed. If you can take a moment and tell me what you need, I will do all I can for you." (Anthony)

(Can't expect much from someone with no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.)

I advise everyone against using UPS as a delivery company in the Czech Republic - as they are useless and rude.

Erykka H.
“DO NOT USE UPS”
9/12/17

Ive been waiting for over 8 hours for a package to be delivered. the package hit my city at 7:29am starting delivery and has still not arrived. the location that it comes out of is maybe 10 mins away from my house, ive been to the warehouse before. i cant even take a shower without wondering if the ups guy will just slap a note on my door and leave. The first representative that i spoke with informed me the package will be delivered before 3:00pm... it is not 6:47. You guys definitely need to come up with an alternative scheduling, people have lives. Ive literally waited an entire day when i have other obligations that ned to be done waiting on a package that hasnt showed. do better UPS.. thisis one of the reasons i always use Fedex or USPS.

33 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension