UncommonGoods

UncommonGoods has a consumer rating of 2.84 stars from 229 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. UncommonGoods also ranks 8th among Gifts Other sites. The most common issues with UncommonGoods are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

This company responds to reviews on average within 4 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 17.9%

• I ordered a birthday present 3 days before I needed it.
  • Great customer service and my order was exactly what I ordered.

• Not only was the catalog description way off, customer service is not accommodating.
  • Checked my order and it indicated it shipped and would be delivered by end of day on 12/18.
How would you rate UncommonGoods?

“Loyal customer, love the products, in over 10yrs only 1 problem.”

Katrina L.
6/17/20

I've been a long time customer. I've always been so happy with the products I've gotten over the years. I ordered a birthday gift for my boyfriend- some beer chilling coasters- and while they looked great, I was so sad to see that one of the four arrived broken. I called customer service a my problem immediately, and J. Was a pleasure to deal with. During the conversation I had mentioned that these were a birthday gift, and I was surprised and grateful to see that he had expedited the shipping on my replacement so the gift wouldn't be too late.

“Fishy company trying to scam”

FLORENCIA C.
7/15/20

This company is co fishy... Placed an order and thankfully, decided to check the status of it, just to notice that my order was canceled with no warning. I contacted customer service, just so they can tell me that it was the system that canceled the order for being "fraudulent" but yet I never received any email saying anything of this... also... "the order was canceled by the system" but didn't refunded me my money. Beware, they are trying to scam you.

customer service (96) order (151) christmas gift (19) delivery date (8) time (73) item (112) birthday gift (5) credit card (10) return label (5) email (48) fed ex (4) 2 days (6)
florenciac3
July 15th, 2020
Nicole P. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Florencia, we are so sorry to hear that you order was flagged for fraud and canceled. We would be more than happy to look into this further. I'll follow up in a private message to get a bit more information from you.
soniar99
May 20th, 2020
I paid the shipping costs for an order to arrive no later than 5/21. My husband's birthday is on 5/24. I checked the UPS tracking and it is arriving on 5/26. I will not have a gift for my husband on his birthday now. I am incredibly disappointed in uncommongoods. Customer service rep. "Jamaica Lewis" could care less and actually tried to blame UPS when in fact, uncommongoods are the ones who shipped the package late. Refunded shipping costs as if that makes up for being empty handed on my husbands birthday. Disgraceful way to do business.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Sonia. Thank you for reaching out and for your patience. I just sent you a response, email us back at your convenience. If not on one of these review sites, you can email: feedback@uncommongoods.com. We'll assist you from there. Looking forward to hearing from you, stay safe!
nicoleg413
June 10th, 2020
I ordered a custom picnic box' that had our family name burned Into the wood. When I read the instructions for the listing the family name, it said the artist would add the word THE and how we would Like to see our name pluralized. I expected that if the artist is adding the word THE before our name that he is also adding an s' to the family name. I was shocked when I received this $200 Wooden picnic Box with our name listed simply The' and the family name in singular form. It looks ridiculous. When I asked for the artist to please correct this mistake and add the s' they refused. Basically blaming me for the mistake. No one at the company ever thought to question this before it was to be burned into the wood. They could have called me or emailed me if they thought it looked strange to Put the name on that way. Now I am stuck with something I will obviously use in public and anyone with common' sense would know it looks silly. I guess they are uncommon goods with no common sense.' I'm very disappointed. Terrible customer service.
benr228
November 15th, 2019
My mother has a metal allergy and it was hard to find one of these we liked and was at least 14 K gold. The fact that it closes was really nice and why I went with this over the other real gold one (plated). Wish you could by a wick that you could add your own oils to as my mom has dementia and Frankincense does seem to help her.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Ben! Thank you for the feedback. We'd love to pass this information along to the maker. We will email you privately for more details.
mariea99
December 4th, 2017
I contacted your customer service department to see if one of your newspaper books (birthday or baseball) could be made with the San Francisco Chronicle instead of the selections presented Unfortunately this was not the case. I think this is an area that uncommon goods should look into to broaden their base of customers.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
That's a great idea, Marie! Thanks for sharing that with us!
-Jen
deedeer5
May 18th, 2020
I bought the customized New York Times football fact book for my son's birthday. In the dropdown for selected team, I apparently clicked Jacksonville instead of Indianapolis. However, because I paid with Paypal, their system didn't give me a preview page before I hit "purchase" (it's a glitch they know about!). So as soon as I saw the error upon buying, I contacted them. Guess what? Because it's a custom item, there is absolutely no refund or changes, even though it had been less than 5 minutes. But they will give me the amazing opportunity to buy another at only 1/2 price! Biggest ripoff ever! It's as if they've set a trap by having the page not work correctly, then they try to get another 50% out of you because you really want the item. I don't want it that badly.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi DeeDee! We are so sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. We'll be happy to take a look and assist you further. We've emailed you privately. Respond at your convenience and we'll take it from there. Stay safe.
pamelap360
February 12th, 2020
My order was accepted via their website but it never arrived. There is no tracking mechanism that worked so I had to search for their phone number (no cs on website) only to hear a message saying that theres no coverage for this area from my phone. I live just outside chicago. The question is where is this number? Where is my order? And is my credit. Card safe with them?
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Pamela! Our number is 888-365-0056 and this number can be located in our Contact Us link at the bottom of our site. Can you provide us with some more information so we can locate your order? Give us a call or email us at help@uncommongoods.com with either your order number or your full name so we can get started. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
fredb471
December 18th, 2019
Ordered a Christmas gift for my daughter and used PayPal. The tracking info indicated that the order will be delivered to me instead of the requested delivery address on their online order application. I Immediately notified their customer service and they told me that there's nothing they can do and it is up to me to contact the provider. They took no responsibility for their dysfunctional online ordering system. I am now a human advertisement against their company
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Thanks for your feedback, Fred. We're sorry you had problems with your shipping address. We'll email you privately.
timq9
May 6th, 2017
Purchased as a gift what I thought was a pretty cool looking paperweight Paid $45. Had it sent directly to business colleague. When he sent me a photo thanking me, it looked nothing like what was advertised. I communicated my displeasure to the company and they're only response was that there was a disclaimer on the ad that each item was unique. They offered no refund. I couldn't send the item back because it had already been delivered as a gift to my business colleague. What was I to do ask for it back? Don't buy from this company

Update - after negative reviews online Uncommon Goods emailed and indicated it would provide full refund. It shouldn't have had to go that far but I am satisfied now.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
HI Tim! I'm sorry to hear about this experience. SJ doesn't let us see enough information for us to be able to identify you or the order you placed, so please email me directly at jen@uncommongoods.com so I can look into this myself. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! - Jen
donnap366
January 2nd, 2020
I ordered from this company, 2 cat robot gadgets! No email confirmation, payment processed and to date no product! SCAMMED!
Nicole P. – UncommonGoods Rep
I apologize for any issues you've had with your order. I'm going to message you directly so that I can get your order information and look into the status of your order.
jenniferp498
November 15th, 2019
Got ballpark map pint glasses for boyfriend who was unable to attend last TX Ranger game at that ballpark, got the glasses for him and he LOVED them; forever keepsake. Liked many other items on this site, will order again. I didn't experience any problems so I can't say anything about customer service since I didn't need assistance. Order was correct, shipping took a little longer than other places so order plenty time in advance (like 3 or more weeks). I'd add photo but glasses are at his place- one was a blue map and other glass was red map. Pint glasses come in 2's
margaritap14
December 19th, 2019
Ordered the customizable public radio single station tuner for my fiancee for Christmas. It came in a box describing EXACTLY what was inside. Ever heard of discreet packaging? Learn from Amazon. Thanks for ruining the surprise uncommon goods.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
We certainly didn't mean to ruin the surprise, Margarita. We're terribly sorry about that! We've escalated your feedback internally and hope to find a better way to message customers when an item ships in its original packaging.
eileenm275
November 22nd, 2019
When ordering a new reel for your reel viewer, do directly to the vendor Image3d.com, NOT Uncommon Goods. I learned this lesson with some pain but all is resolved now, and I did receive a $15 gift card. Thanks, sitejabber!
Nicole P. – UncommonGoods Rep
Eileen, I'm so sorry about that! I've messaged you privately to request a bit more information so that I can look into this for you.
robbinp10
June 12th, 2020
Ordered two prints one of them supposedly was shipped and delivered to my son's home on June 7th. Never received any kind of email stating shipped. I had look myself checked with my son he never received the item. The 2nd print I am finding out today that I will not receive it until 6/26 well after fathers day this one is for my daughters partner. I did receive a call from the company the voice left is nothing but a a phone hanging up. I have called multiple times left on hold only for the voice mail to say there are no available operators to speak with you please leave a message which I did. Still no call back sent an email no response back. My credit card has been charged though. Terrible business
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Robbin! We are so very sorry to hear that you've had such a bad experience. I will email you privately for some additional details in order to assist you. Stay safe and have a good day.
katrinal67
June 17th, 2020
I've been a long time customer.

Tip for consumers: Most of the items are made by different artists, so if you're unhappy with one item that happened to be poor quality it doesn't mean all the stuff in the catalog is poor quality. I've been a customer for +/-10 years and only ever had one item that arrived damaged in shipping, and customer service fixed it immediately.

donk69
July 8th, 2020
They are very slippery with their shipping. $9 for UPS which turns into the cheapest USPS service. 2 weeks to get a item. Greedy practice.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Don -- We are so sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience. We've emailed you privately in order to gather some additional details, in order to assist you. Thank you for being so patient, stay safe and have a wonderful day!
erinr182
January 3rd, 2020
• Updated review
Update! I got an email on 12/24 saying my order would never come, and was given the option to cancel it for a refund, which I did. I never received said refund, and the order finally came today, 10 days after this correspondence. Now I'm being told I have to send it back in order to receive the refund, which is requiring extra time and effort that I don't have. I shouldn't have to be responsible for their screw up. Never have I ever dealt with such an incompetent company. Also, Jennifer from the company said in a comment that she was emailing me privately, which never happened.
Nicole P. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Erin. I just sent you a direct message requesting a bit more information so that I can locate your order. I'm so sorry to hear that we didn't take care of this sooner and I look forward to getting this all sorted out for you.
Terrible customer service
December 23rd, 2019
• Previous review
I wish I had read all these reviews before ordering with this company. Same experience as it sounds like everyone had... I placed an order almost 2 weeks ago that said it would arrive by 12/20. On 12/20, I tracked it and it still said preparing to ship. So I reached out to the company and was told that the order never processed, but they would expedite it to arrive no later than 12/24. As of today (12/23), it still has not shipped. I reached out again and was told "there's still a chance :) " it would arrive tomorrow but they're backed up and can't guarantee it. Now I'm not going to have a gift for my sister in law at our gift exchange on Christmas Day.
kathyc491
March 11th, 2020
I placed an order and have only received notifications about products they want to sell, not one word about my order! Another on line company that is not up to par.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Kathy. I'm so sorry that you didn't receive our order confirmation email. We can easily resend that to you. I'll follow up in a private message to get a bit more information from you.
muditab
August 4th, 2020
I've ordered from them 3 times. Once it was excellent - a custom made product - at it was fantastic. The second time was a jewelry item, and it was not as nice as was pictured. This last time, it was a candle being sent elsewhere for a birthday gift. It never arrived. I had to contact customer service a few times regarding to issue, and they said,"oh, it's out of stock!" Would have been nice if they had told me, two weeks before the birthday came and went. Then the refund I was supposed to get never arrived. After multiple follow ups with customer service, finally got the refund. Disaster. It's like they were just hoping I would forget so they could pocket the money... I won't be ordering from them again.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Mudita! We are so sorry to hear that you had this experience. Because of the recent circumstances, we've been a bit delayed in our response time and did not intend for you to have this happen. We're glad you finally have the refund. I've emailed you privately to see if there is anything else we can assist with. Stay safe and have a good day.
karinab32
June 24th, 2020
I paid for 2 business day delivery ($19.99) and received an order confirmation that my package should arrive the 19th. We have been quarantined since it began and decided to enjoy my moms birthday together and give her the present that was meant to cheer her days up a bit. I check shipping today because it's clearly already late and was only shipped out yesterday, already 4 days late. Anyway tracking says it wont arrive until the 27th. 8 days behind schedule. I contact customer service and have the audacity to tell me its early by their standards because their system shows a delivery date as late as the 29th! What in the actual $#*!? I paid for a service they offered me but clearly can't provide.

Tip for consumers: Go elsewhere

Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Karina! We are so sorry to hear this. I've emailed you privately in order to gather some additional details. Thank you so much for being patient, we hope to get this turned around for you.
estebang21
December 15th, 2019
Tried to order the "original whiskey ball" as a Christmas gift. Having ordered the item on 11-4 their 30 day guarantee was assuring that it would arrive before Christmas. Not hearing anything by 12-13 I had to email them. Thier response to said email was they had manufacturing issues & would try to have my item ready by the end of January. They so generously offered to give me a refund. Shame I'm now a week away from christmas & all I hot from "the original whiskey ball" was a big middle finger from a hack company with a hack product. Wish I could give 0 stars.
Nicole P. – UncommonGoods Rep
I'm very sorry about this disappointing experience, Esteban. I'll reply to you privately to get your order information so that I can look into the issue further.
roberth2154
May 21st, 2020
This website charges you immediately when you order. Most legitimate websites charge you when an item is actually shipped. I bought a gift fo Mother's Day and it has been 20 days and I still never received item or a order confirmation email or a shipping confirmation email. Buy elsewhere.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Robert! We are so sorry to hear that you've had such a poor experience. I've emailed you privately in order to gather some additional inforation in order to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you and getting a resolution. Stay safe and have good day.
jenniferc1224
December 26th, 2019
Purchase item on 12-14-19 was told it would arrive in 3 to 6 business days. After receiving the confirmation email and status showed item preparing.
Called customer service on 12-24, Mary answered the call by saying Hello. I knew I was in trouble by that. She assured me my package would arrive by 8 pm.

Called today and new representatives informed me that she could get it sent out and arrive in 3 business days. Then informed me she was wrong the item wasn't even in stock and would be able to get until January 20,2020.

A little to late! Misleading, misinformed from the get go!
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Jennifer. We are so sorry to hear that you were misinformed. We'd be happy to look further into this for you or maybe even recommend another item that is similar and currently in stock. I will email you privately to gather additional details. Thank you for your patience!
eleanore24
July 3rd, 2020
Ordered a NY Times personalized book for my dad who turns 86 on july 5th. It is a book with his name on the cover with the 1st page of the Times from July 5th through the years. It was ordered the 1st week of June (and my cc was charged). We called this morning and were told to expect delivery around July 24th. (Originally, when ordered, the site stated it would be here the first week of July, I think the 6th, which I found a little unreasonable- a whole month- but not so far from his bday, so okay...
We asked if there was any way to expedite the order and were told we "are at the discretion of the artist". Artist? Really? Then they said $50+ for shipping could expedite it. I guess the"artist" would rush then... basically, it was the generalized response for all products and they were not at all about customer service. I thought of calling my cc to file a dispute but really want the book bc he would love it. Never again.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hi Eleanor! We are so sorry to hear that you had this experience. Because of the recent circumstances our vendors, specifically custom artists have been running behind on production. I've emailed you privately in order to, hopefully provide you with an additional solution. We look forward to assisting you soon. Stay safe and have a good day.
koreyg2
January 7th, 2020
I ordered the cat kicker and smart robot on 12/11/19. I have sent 4 follow up emails to check on order status with no return emails sent by the company with any response. Now 4 weeks out, I plan to contact my credit card company and start the chargeback refund process.
Jennifer G. – UncommonGoods Rep
Hello, I believe you have the incorrect company. We are UncommonGoods. The company that sells the Cat Kicker and Smart Robot is not affiliated with us, we just have similar names. They are Uncommon Gadgets.

Hi Alma! It really depends on the item since some products may take a bit longer if they are customized. Do you happen to have the item# or description?

By Jennifer G., Director of Customer Service

We'll email your tracking number on the day the order ships. If you need anything else, please contact our CS team at help@uncommongoods.com

By Jennifer G., Director of Customer Service

You get what you pay for. If you wish to have a better experience, shop at Amazon.

By Martine J.

If you want to be double billed, or wish to have terrible customer service, then by all means, please order from us.

By Martine J.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the UncommonGoods staff and other customers.

Founded in 1999 and headquartered in Brooklyn, NY, UncommonGoods offers remarkable designs by independent makers, and we do it with a positive impact on both people and our planet. Check us out at www.uncommongoods.com.

Jennifer G.
Director of Customer Service
Typically responds within 4 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about UncommonGoods?

Have a question about UncommonGoods?