Review of Uncommongoods

Tel: 888.365.0056
help@uncommongoods.com

alg111
1/23/19

I recently purchased a pair of friendship lamps, and due to some unique circumstances, after 6 months, hoped to return just one of them. When I called, I was met with kindness, respect, and humanity, and before the end of the call, already had the return label in hand. Thank you! As a side note, the recordings they have you listen to when on hold are the best on the planet. It's absolutely NOT muzak.

bretts110
1/14/19

So my wife ordered a book, MegaDad, which is a personalized comic book. Meaning, they insert a given name on the book title and insert it throughout the story. This was a gift ordered in November. It arrived just before the Holidays. The problem wasn't the delivery, but that the personalization was non existent. Every where the "personalized name" was to be, instead had no name at all. We contacted customer service and they apologized and said they'd take care of it and send the correct version out. Mistakes happen, and we were fine with them fixing the error. Today, we received the "updated" book, only to see that again it was not personalized with the given name in the book. Very frustrating and we will ultimately not deal with this company again.

loj2
1/5/19

Initially reached out for help with a return and Rachel T. Responded promptly and said the system hadn't updated yet and to confirm I received item. I replied I did and wanted to ensure that when starting return sender wouldn't know I was returning it. She said it wouldn't be an issue.. Crystal T. Took over and asked how my return went and I said I never received return label - she sent me one and I prepped items to mail out. In my response I confirmed one more time that sender will not know and asked which information she would need from me to get the credit. SHE DID THE READ THE WHOLE SITUATION OF PREVIOUS THREAD WITH RACHEL. SHE NOTIFIED THE SENDER THAT I WAS RETURNING ITEM. JUST WOW. Will never tell anyone to shop from this website due to poor customer service and loyalty.

jamiep166
12/25/18

I ordered a Christmas gift on 12/10 for my husband. 15 days ago. I still have not received the item, and was left without a gift for my husband. I called last week to see what was going on. The customer service person LIED to me. I explained that the tracking information was showing that they had not received the item and was waiting on Uncommon Goods. They put me on a hold and came back to assure me that the delivery service had indeed received it, just they don't update their delivery information. What a load of $#*! . They assured me that the delivery date was set for the end of the day. I tried to explain that the delivery day changed every day to that day's date. Again, I was promised delivery. Guess what, nothing showed. It is now 5 days later and still nothing. I will never order from this company again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
That's really disappointing, Jamie. We're so sorry this happened to you! Since SiteJabber doesn't give us enough information to locate customer orders, I'd appreciate it if you could send us a private message with your order number and/or full name so I can look into this further.
allisonk61
12/21/18

I ordered gifts for four family members on December 13. The delivery date was December 21. I even purchased the membership to get the shipping on time. I called on 12/21 (today) to check on the order and apparently two of the items aren't available and the other two will go out TODAY. The day they were supposed to arrive. I am now out gifts for four of my family members. I will never EVER order from this company again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We feel awful, Allison. We're sorry that we weren't able to get you a full replacement order before Christmas. Our team will continue to be in contact with you about your order.
jillb188
12/18/18

My order was delivered (a gift) with other people's name on the invoice...and it was to be sent to another person. They wanted the gift recepient to take it to the p/o to return it. I don't even think it is what I ordered. What I chose was bright blue colors...she received gray. Customer service said we had to return it so they can figure out if we got the wrong item. I really don't care. Won't order from them again. What is uncommon is their poor customer service and care in sending items out. I will never order from them again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're so very sorry this happened, Jill. Please send us a private message with your full name and/or order number so we can make sure that we've taken all of the proper steps to resolve this problem.
caitlynd5
12/17/18

I ordered my mother and father-in-laws custom mugs for Christmas. One came broken in the box and Uncommongoods was so accommodating! They got my order in as quickly as possible and even gave me complimentary 2-day shipping to make sure they came in before Christmas! The mugs themselves are wonderful and really high quality! If you're looking for a unique gift this is the place to go!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're so glad that we were able to fix this for you! The custom mugs are adorable and I'm sure your father-in-law will love them!
timl237
12/16/18

the site shows order received and paid on dec. 7th
shipping updates the item arrives at fedex 6 days later, its Been rescheduled 3 times. already Dec. 17th and NO ITEM IS AT MY HOME UNDER MY XMAS TREE.
I will NEVER, EVER, EVER shop this place again. I recommend spending $2 more and buying exact same item on Amazon. try to save a dime and get bit in the behind

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We’re sorry to hear that your order hasn’t been delivered yet, Tim! Please send us a private message with your order number or contact our customer service team at 888-365-0056 or help@uncommongoods.com. We’d love to get this sorted out for you!
jiml301
12/15/18

This company lied to me. After I paid for next-day delivery, they let the item sit in the warehouse for two days, told me that it had been shipped and I would get it today, and now tell me it's out of stock and I'll get it in January. They are a disgrace. They could have made it good, but would not. Avoid these people at all cost.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Thanks for letting us know about this problem, Jim. We’d love to look into this for you. Please send us a private message with your order number so we can get started.
davidw1304
12/13/18

We ordered custom embroidered socks for our sons for Christmas. We never received a confirmation by email or USPS. When the socks did come, one pair came with the name incorrect. When we called, customer service, they said that it wasn't their problem. They would not replace the socks, but they would give us half off replacement pair. So....in spite of their neat ideas, execution is poor; and they won't correct their mistakes.

We'll stick with a major retailer of clothing and outdoor equipment here in Maine. They understand customer service and do it exceedingly well.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We’d like to look into this a bit further, David. Please send us a private message with your order info and we’ll get to work. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
angelicag29
12/7/18

I don't really want to waste anymore time on these morons. My advise is never order from Uncommongoods. I have been fighting for a month to get an error fixed with a custom order. All they are interested in is recharging me when they messed up and they don't even care about the hassle that they have caused me.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Thanks for letting us know about this, Angelica. Would you mind sending us a private message with your full name or order number so we can look into this further and see what we can do to make this right?
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
- Jen
jenb109
12/7/18

I placed and order and the order was confirmed. A week went by and I finally received and email for shipping of part of my order. Later that day I received another email stating the res of my order was cancelled due to being out of stock adb discontinued. Really?!? They wait a week to tell me they cannot fulfill my order? I still do not have my refund and now it is too late to order these items from anywhere else. Extremely disappointed with Uncommon Goods. This was my first time ordering from them and will be my last!!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Jen,
We're so sorry this happened to you. We found ourselves unexpectedly out of stock of a few items and unable to procure more. Please accept our deepest apologies. I'd like to look into your refund. Can you send us a private message so we can make sure that your refund has posted?
- (other) Jen
jamesh1174
12/6/18

$1.00 DONATION A SCAM, REJECTED DONATION & ORDER WAS ERASED, TRIED TO GO BACK ORDER AND COULD NOT GET OUT OF SCREEN. QUIT AND CAME BACK TO CATELOG. ITEM HAD BEEN ON SECOND PAGE, WENT THROUGH 9 PAGES AND COULD NOT REFIND ITEM. GOOD WAY TO DISCOURAGE A CUSTOMER, DISCOURAGED ME. SORRY TO MANY OTHER CATALOGES

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi James! I'm sorry that our site acted so oddly for you. I assure you that the dollar we donate is not a scam; we've donated over $2 million. I'd be happy to check on your order for you. Please send us a private message with your full name and we'll look into this for you.
jamesr758
11/30/18

I have ordered from uncommon goods and havoc had an absolute nightmare. They stated that the order would be delivered on the 27th of November. By the 29th we tried to contact them to find out why was going on. Their autonomy system was blatantly false, ineffectual and not intended to solve any issues. After an inexplicable number of autonomy responses we finally got hold of a US customer service number. I wish we hadn't. They told us we had received the order. I don't have a US accent so the customer service assumed that I couldn't understand what receiving an order was. I am just waiting for the hoods I paid for. Still nothing. Please don't ever use these people as it is a scam

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a disappointing experience, James! I'd love to take a closer look at your order; would you mind sending us a private message with your full name or order number?
serenas30
11/14/18

Quite interesting gift ideas, can definitely find something out of the ordinary and if you're out of ideas this place is sure to provide some inspiration at least.

allisonb113
11/9/18

Was ordering a tote bag and a wine stopper
Not big or heavy but for around $120 in goods they wanted near $80 in freight.
Customer service no help.
Bought similar goods elsewhere similar price freight cist $7.95.
I wont be buying off uncommon goods ever.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Allison! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Shipping can get pricey if a customer is choosing overnight or international shipping. Our economy domestic shipping starts at $4.95, and we've just launched a program called Perks, which gives customers a year of free standard (3-5 business day) shipping for $19. We do hope you decide to give us another chance in the future!
sp153
10/15/18

Bought over $140 in merchandise as a birthday gift for my husband. For some unknown reason that was NEVER explained to me. They cancelled my order without notifying me. My AMEX was charged the full amount. Customer service representative said they thought it was fraudulent. Thought my email was "no good". It is a gmail account for goodness sake. Did not call me either. Did not apologize when I call for status. NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!!!! STAY AWAY!!!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
How frustrating! Please send us a message with your order number or full name so we can locate your order and figure out what happened here. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
maryk523
10/6/18

I love the items in this catalogue -- however I ordered a special gift item and they claim that UPS made one attempt to deliver it and then brought it to some sort of service center for pick up. I have never heard of this policy and if it is the policy = 1. it should have been detailed when checking out, and 2. They should use shipping vendors that don't have such absurd policies. I have my own catalogue store and use USPS and NEVER have this problem.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
I'm sorry for the frustration, Mary. UPS started using access points back in 2015 and retailers such as ourselves have no control over whether a package is delivered to an access point or not. We recently added a new shipping partner and have seen a decrease of packages being delivered to an alternate address.
abbyv9
10/5/18

I am very disappointed in Uncommon Goods. I ordered an item for my anniversary and they delivered the wrong item. I tried to work with customer service to get the right item. They wound up charging my paypal without my authorization... AND they charged me twice for the item. I talked to their customer service and they said that it didn't happen and were very harsh to me. I was hung up on. I sent them the two charges and they eventually refunded me with no apology or consideration for the stress this has caused me. I recommend staying away from this company since they are double charging customers and not authorizing purchases.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Would you please send us your order number or full name so we can look into this? We're so sorry that you've had this experience and would like to understand what happened; we want to make sure this never happens to another customer. Many apologies from all of us.
mannyo3
7/16/18

I'm always on the look out for interesting gifts and this site has them in abundance! Just be sure to give it enough time to ship and near Christmas orders might come afterward... to remedy that, I made a paper copy of the item ordered and wrapped that in a box with the shipping information also inside. This site is one of my New Favorite sites to shop when looking for gifts.

ninat41
7/16/18

Great gifts and customer service, I would recommend this site to friends, and definitely will shop here again in the future.

emilyf78
7/12/18

I have ordered many products from Uncommon Goods over a number of years, and I have been happy with all of them, and so have my lucky friends and family members who have received them as gifts! I actually look forward to receiving their catalogue and finding new things in it. I see that a reviewer says the site is a scam, and that's just ridiculous. I've placed at least 10 orders with them and literally never had a problem (I ordered the pistachio pedestal, tea mug, star scarf, jewelry dish, ice cream dishes, hanging bat sculpture, etc.!). Yes, shipping is not free and not instant: it's not amazon, which is why you're getting unique, handmade stuff instead of the same stuff everyone else has!

ryanm329
7/11/18

I couldn't be happier. It was a custom made piece, a 1 of 1. Hard to beat that at this price! They clearly state that it takes some time, so don't worry about the other reviews here. It's not Amazon, mass produced goods, people. I believe I was quoted 6-8 weeks, and received my item right at the 7 week mark, which was a nice bonus. I had a few concerns, and their customer service is top notch. Something weird with tracking numbers, and an email I didn't get in time, but they responded very promptly to my inquiry and fixed the problem. I will be shopping with them again when I need another one of a kind gift.

srg1
7/9/18

I have ordered several items as gifts and the shipping is always fast and the items are unique and of good quality and appreciated.

simono15
7/8/18

Great shipping speed! Great assortment of products, I would recommend this website for a variety of gifts and ultimately as it states, gifts of all kinds

We'll email your tracking number on the day the order ships. If you need anything else, please contact our CS team at help@uncommongoods.com

By Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Uncommongoods staff and other customers.

Uncommongoods?