Review of Uncommongoods

Tel: 888.365.0056
help@uncommongoods.com

sonial31
11/27/17

I have been the recipient of several lovely gifts purchased at Uncommon Goods. Each item has brought me joy. When I have needed customer service to assist with a problem ( an accident resulting in an item breaking) I have immediately been shipped a replacement with no problem... only courtesy. I recommend this outfit to everyone!

traceym87
11/26/17

I purchased the Personalized Football Quiz book for my son. It is a very high quality, hardback, bound book that was exactly as described. Check out was easy and it came sooner than expected. My son is going to love this Christmas present!

maryw322
11/26/17

In general I have always been happy with your products. The match strikers just didnt work which was frustrating because its such a good idea.

joanw60
11/26/17

Customer service and products are very good. I did have a problem with ordering online, but your customer service staff quickly resolved the problem. Also, the several products I had ordered arrived in just a few days.

bellap7
11/26/17

I love their items I went on their site for some crystals and ended up buying others items with crystals on it, great customer service, great deals, and delivery date was on point

susans411
11/26/17

I ordered a birthday present 3 days before I needed it. The girl from customer service suggested a way of shipping that would get the package to me in time. I received confirmation of the order and when at 4 on the day promised the package had not arrived I called customer service to find out what was up. The gentleman who answered quickly looked into my issue. When he needed more time he said hed call me back. And less than an hour later he called. He said that the package was scheduled to arrive before the end of day, which was 9:00 that evening. And sure enough the package arrived in time! So helpful, and the present was even nicer than I expected. Thank you to your customer service staff. They all deserve a grade A!

christyj14
11/26/17

Ordering was easy, shipment arrived quicker than i had anticipated, are were well packed so no damage and a good place to find fun gifts. My order was simple as all the items were billed and shipped to my address. They speak of helping local artists but many of my items were made outside the Country, but were as pictured. Wouls use them again.

kaylab59
11/13/17

I made an online purchase and never received confirmation. I saw a charge on my credit card four days later so I reached out to inquire. They told me I had put in the wrong expiration date. They did nothing to notify me on their end, I only found out when I reached out. Also, I have never had a company put a pending authorization on my card when the information given was incorrect. It was disconcerting. When I did reach out I learned after my items were sold out. Not that I want to shop there anymore, but if I did, how frustrating!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Kayla! I'm sorry for the confusion about your order! We try to make it clear when an order has not been successfully placed but it's evident that we didn't do a good enough job. Please accept our apologies.

When someone attempts to place an order with a retailer, the funds are automatically put in a ‘pending’ status and the amount is put on hold. If the order is successful, the merchant will collect these funds and the purchase amount will be debited from the account. If the order is not successful, the merchant will be unable to collect the funds and the bank will return the funds to the account, typically within 1 to 5 business days. Merchants have some say in which fields to verify. We, for example, choose to verify the billing zip code among other fields. We've found that checking more than one piece of data against the bank's records is a better way to help prevent someone from fraudulently using a customer's card.

I'd be happy to work with you directly to find out when your items will be back in stock and help you get your order placed. I can be reached at jen@uncommongoods.com
maryb488
8/17/17

I have not ordered anything from this company as of yet. I have called five times and spoken with five different people about five different items I would like to have purchased as gifts. Not one person could give me any more information on any item than was already in the catalog. On two occasions I gave my name and phone number and ask to have the owner call me. The first time I received a call from someone I am guessing was a secretary. She said she would get me information on one of the items in which I was interested. She did call me back later in the day but had no more information than what is in the catalog! Their reviews are not good and my gut feeling is not to buy from them.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Mary! Please email me directly so we can work this out together: jen@uncommongoods.com
I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
nickv28
6/12/17

I ordered a Father's Day gift for my dad, to be sent to his address. They sent it to me, at the billing address. I paid $34.82 to have the gift sent Fed Ex so my Dad would get it on time. They offered me a refund on the original $4.95 shipping. I told them to keep their $4.95.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Nick! Would you mind emailing me directly so I can look into this for you? My email address is jen@uncommongoods.com. I hope to hear from you soon!
timq9
5/6/17

Purchased as a gift what I thought was a pretty cool looking paperweight Paid $45. Had it sent directly to business colleague. When he sent me a photo thanking me, it looked nothing like what was advertised. I communicated my displeasure to the company and they're only response was that there was a disclaimer on the ad that each item was unique. They offered no refund. I couldn't send the item back because it had already been delivered as a gift to my business colleague. What was I to do ask for it back? Don't buy from this company

Update - after negative reviews online Uncommon Goods emailed and indicated it would provide full refund. It shouldn't have had to go that far but I am satisfied now.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
HI Tim! I'm sorry to hear about this experience. SJ doesn't let us see enough information for us to be able to identify you or the order you placed, so please email me directly at jen@uncommongoods.com so I can look into this myself. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! - Jen
suet43
2/26/17

I ordered an Adam Frank lumen candle. Pictures and the video were beautiful. In reality, the product threw much smaller shadows and the oil reservoir is not refillable. It says 17 hours of light, but I don't believe it was lit for more than 10 hours. Then you are forced to buy additional fuel cells. I'm going to try votive candles and see if that works.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Sue! I'm surprised that the oil didn't last as long as it should have and I'm so sorry about that. We'd like to send you another 2 canisters of oil and we'd love it if you would let us know how long each canister lasts. This will help us figure out what the best course of action is: speak with the artist, update our website, etc. Please email me directly so I can locate your order and get the replacement canisters out to you. jen@uncommongoods.com. Thanks for speaking up about this! -Jen
hankh16
1/12/17

I ordered a print in early December, it's now mid January and nothing has arrived. No updates from the company. They did however manage to charge my credit card, a charge which I am now disputing. Absolutely the worst experience ever.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
I'm so sorry for all of this trouble, Hank! I'm happy to look into this for you and see if I can get you some answers if this is still unresolved. I can be reached directly at jen@uncommongoods.com or our customer service team can help you out: help@uncommongoods.com | 888-365-0056
denisem105
1/11/17

Placed an order on December 1 for a personalized custom print. It was to be a Christmas gift for my husband's family. They received someone else's print 2 weeks later. We notified the company immediately and were assured they would correct the problem immediately. We were guaranteed Christmas delivery. Instead, we've spent hours on the phone, sent numerous emails and finally told them we intended to file a complaint with PayPal and the BBB.They even had the audacity to send a shipping label to our family stating they needed to send the mistake back in order to get their print. Apparently the intent was to switch the mistaken print between the 2 families. While I feel badly for the other family, I don't think our gift receipients should be inconvenienced at all! The company charged my PayPal account for $118 very quickly but it took all this time to get what we paid for. Print finally delivered today. We were promised a $25 gift certificate, which we never received. We were refunded $8 shipping for our "trouble" I wish I would have read these reviews before ordering. Never again!!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're all so very sorry for all of the effort you've had to go through for your order. Several things went wrong and we feel terrible for our mistakes. I'd love to look into this personally and see if there's anything else that we can do for you. I'd appreciate it if you'd email me at jen@uncommongoods.com so I can locate your order and get to work on this for you. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
mk146
1/11/17

I ordered a couple of items from Uncommon Goods mid-December and it is now January 11 and they still have not arrived. Customer service is zero help, advising that "the items are on their way". They gave me tracking numbers that said the items would be delivered January 10 yet they have been in a city 200 miles away since January 8 and haven't moved. It doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away from Uncommon Goods!!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
This sounds really frustrating, M.K. I'd love to look into this myself to see what went wrong and how we can make sure it never happens again. I'd also like to make sure that there's nothing else we can do for you to make this a little bit better. I can be reached at jen@uncommongoods.com and I hope to hear from you soon!
carlar19
1/4/17

I ordered a set of glasses for my sister and a personalized doormat for my parents on December 12 for Christmas. The glasses arrived December 23, smashed. They were replaced. Ok. However, I am still waiting for the mat and it is January 5. I have been given various excuses including it being held up in customs by borderfree, to it being delivered and picked up by someone named Melissa in Iowa. I am Canadian and know no one in Iowa. They also sent me two WRONG tracking numbers. I even received an email saying I would receive my doormat by a specific date. It didn't arrive then. Yesterday, I got a confirmation from DHL that the order assigned to my tracking number was arriving. It did not. It arrived today. And guess what? It is still not the mat. The sticker on the box was supposed to match my mat. When we opened the box it was the glasses. Not the mat. So I called back again, and now they are going to look into it. I have countless emails and hours on the phone and feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Frustrated. My parents leave tomorrow. They live a 6 hour flight away. No Christmas present. Sighhhhh.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
"We're sorry" doesn't begin to cover how we're feeling about your experience. SiteJabber doesn't give us enough information to be able to tie a review to a customer, so I'll be sending you a private message shortly.
heatherg56
12/29/16

I bought two different shipments of holiday gifts from Uncommon Goods this year. I paid the rush shipping fee on each shipment. For one of the shipments, one gift came much later than it was supposed to. For the other shipment, one of the gifts was not in the box. When I called to complain about each, the customer service was unapologetic and said it was not possible to be refunded the rush shipping fee. What a joke. Don't use them if you want to get the item you paid for!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Thanks for letting us know about this, Heather. Please accept our deepest apologies. I'd like to look into this myself and I want to make sure that you've received any credits you are due. I can be reached at jen@uncommongoods.com and I'm eager to hear from you.
joannb26
12/28/16

I placed my order for Christmas gifts on December 5th. Two of them were personalized. I received the first part of my shipment on December 13th. The glasses were smashed so I called and was told a replacement would be shipped the next day. They didn't arrive in time for Christmas of course but the glasses turned out to be the least of my problems. I received via email the proofs for the personalized mugs I ordered on December 8th. They were great and I approved them the same day. I heard nothing until December 19th when I received an email announcing great news or something like that, my items were shipping and would arrive on DECEMBER 27TH. I immediately called customer service and asked if they could be shipped to an alternate address to save time and maybe even make it by the holiday (imagine!). The service agent said she would send an email to the artist and let me know. I didn't hear anything so I called back. I was then told it couldn't be done and would ship to the original destination. So no Christmas gift for my friends. Then on December 26th I received an email from Kevin Davis stating that my gift would arrive on December 30th, delayed because of the interception. I no longer wished for the interception because my friends are no longer at that address and in fact, there isn't ANYONE at that address. I called customer service again and explained the problem. I was put on hold and told that the shipment was redirected and would arrive at my home on the following day, December 28th. It's now December 28th, I checked the tracking information and now the item is in Oregon on it's way to the empty house. I called customer service AGAIN and after about 40 minutes was told my package would have to go all the way to the alternate destination and then back to me and according to UPS, it will be here on January 4th. This is unacceptable. I was told there was nothing that could be done because of the company's "arrangement" with UPS. The communication is beyond terrible and the service is worse than typical holiday chaos. I've referred the matter to my credit card company.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're terribly embarrassed about all of the trouble you had with your order. It's clear that we could have done a better job. I've sent you a private message.
andreaf50
12/27/16

Horrible Customer Service. Ordered gift two weeks before Christmas and paid for shipping that would get it delivered in plenty of time. 12 days after ordering contacted company and they just made excuses about how busy they were. Lied to 4 times and was told that my item would ship that day and they would expedite shipping to overnight in order to receive by Christmas. Two days after Christmas still had not shipped, had to threaten to open a dispute with Paypal to get them to refund my money. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Reps are either extremely uninformed or outright liars!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
You shouldn't have had to work so hard (or at all) to receive your order or your refund. We are all truly sorry that this happened to you. I'd love the chance to take a look at your order and review exactly what went wrong. I can be reached directly at jen@uncommongoods.com and I hope to hear from you!
heatherl72
12/26/16

4th year holiday purchaser. 2016 something happened. They failed to ship per my purchase. They spent an hour on the phone with me, then proceeded to LIE to me, i assume to get me off the phone, ruined my holiday by LYING to me, (instead of letting me know in advance my packages wouldn't arrive on time - giving me a chance to do last minute local shopping!), Rather than the few dollars they would have spent to get my package to me on time, they chose to spend the dollars to recall a refused package, restock the items, make amends to the manufacturers/distributors (oh, trust me - I'm a consumer who will let them know), deal with disputed MC charges, etc.... They SUCK!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
You're absolutely right, Heather: something different did happen this year. You trusted us to provide quality service and, while we don't want to make excuses, we do want to share an explanation. Our database suffered a major outage just as you and so many others began their holiday shopping. This resulted in late shipments and, in some cases, incorrect information we mistakenly passed on to you.

Our team is building new systems and processes to prevent mistakes like this from happening again. We are committed to delivering you first-rate service, which we've typically provided during our 17 year history.

As a long-time customer, you know that what happened to you and others this year is not how we normally operate. We're deeply sorry that anybody was impacted at all and we hate that we caused so much stress for the customers who had a bad shopping experience this year. I'd like to look into your order to make sure that you've received any and all credits you are owed. I'd appreciate it if you would email me at jen@uncommongoods.com so I can get started.
jimk86
12/24/16

Flat out lied about the shipping time for my very overpriced product, ordered and paid for on 12/10, told 4 days after I was supposed to receive it that it REALLY was 12/28, and if I don't want it, I get to spend another $14 to ship a $10 overpriced product back.

Fool me once... Never again. Buyer beware.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
That sounds like a terribly disappointing experience, Jim, and we're very sorry. We've sent you a private message.
rebeccac84
12/23/16

I ordered a custome picture I just got the wrong one shipped I called to let them know and they made me feel like it was my problem!!
They need a new vendor for the custom prints this is unacceptable especially around the holidays. I can only imagine someone else opening my box expecting their print. I wish I would have read these reviews first before ordering! Ick!

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're very sorry, Rebecca. This is not the experience we'd want anybody to have. We've sent you a private message.
jasona104
12/23/16

Cool site with great gifts, but horrible and unprofessional service. Placed an order for a Christmas gift on November 28th. Plenty of time to get it before Christmas, right? Wrong! On December 23rd I was told of a shipping error they made. They shipped my product to another customer and could not get me another item until mid-January. Naturally, I cancelled the order. Now I am shopping for a last minute gift! Thanks for nothing Uncommon Goods.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We feel awful that we made such an egregious mistake with your order and caused you to scramble at the last minute. We know that our customers trust us to ship the perfect gift to their loved ones and it's upsetting (to us and to our customer) when we don't get it right. We're sorry to have let you down. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We can be reached at feedback@uncommongoods.com if you have any further feedback for us.
sb234
12/23/16

I ordered an item for Christmas on Dec 12 and kept receiving emails that it shipped, I finally called the company and won't get it until Dec 27th. I guess shipping has been a disaster and many have not received any items that they ordered before I did.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Some of our customers, yourself included, were negatively impacted by a database outage. We truly regret that anybody was impacted at all, but it's especially painful that your order arrived late. We're so sorry to have let you down. We'd like to make sure that you've been adequately compensated for our error. Please email feedback@uncommongoods.com with your name and/or order number so we can locate your order and see if you've received the appropriate credits/compensation. We're very much looking forward to hearing from you!
ginac49
12/23/16

Ordered a custom item on 12/4. It was to ship on 12/19. Emailed 12/19 as shipping said in process. They followed up on 12/20 saying they were looking into it and would get back to me ASAP. I emailed 12/21 saying I hadn't received any further update. It is now 12/23 and still no response. Will not order from them again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're so sorry that our communication with you was so poor. We'd like to take a look at your order to make sure that, first and foremost, you received your item, and also to ensure that we've posted any and all credits/compensation you are owed. We can be reached at help@uncommongoods.com and we're looking forward to your email!

We'll email your tracking number on the day the order ships. If you need anything else, please contact our CS team at help@uncommongoods.com

By Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Uncommongoods staff and other customers.

Uncommongoods?