Review of Uncommongoods

Tel: 888.365.0056
help@uncommongoods.com

pujyam
2/13/18

I ordered online and my card was charged. I also received the order ID and now their customer service number does not work nor can I track my order.
Order:E4X001048515037

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Pujya!
It appears that you contacted us while we were closed (we're open 8a-midnight ET Monday through Friday and 8a-11p ET on weekends). I see that our customer service team has already been in contact with you and it looks like they've fully addressed your concerns. Please let us know if that's not the case. You can reach us at help@uncommongoods.com.
keonic
2/1/18

I was trying to order wine infused coffee. After placing the delivery address and the credit card details, the site said "order cannot be processed", but they still charged my card for the goods that I was supposed to order. Worse thing is, I tried to order again thinking it was just an internet connection error, but I just got charged again. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We’re so sorry for the frustration, Keoni! You were seeing pending authorizations, not actual charges. Even a customer’s payment is declined we instruct customers to call our customer service team to find out why the payment was unsuccessful. This eliminates multiple pending authorizations. These pending authorizations are automatically removed within 1-3 days by the customers’ bank. Let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you! 888-365-0056 | help@uncommongoods.com
aaronj45
1/20/18

Got the 100th Bday book (NY Times) for my grandma, thinking it would be something she could actually enjoy. The book costs $100, so you would think for that price, you would bet getting a VERY high quality product.

Turns out the print is so small not even a 20-something year old can read it without a magnifying glass, let alone someone who is 100.

Also - 90% of the pages are in black in white, yet their catalog online shows clear pictures in color.

They won't let you return the book since it's personalized, and are now trying to claim there was a 'printing issue' which there isn't - it's simply a bad product.

Very misleading advertisement and terrible customer service. Will never buy a single thing from this company ever again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We're so sorry that the New York Times book wasn't the perfect gift! We cite information such as dimensions in the details tab of every product we sell. The artist isn't able to print these books at the original size of the newspaper (22"x13.5", later reduced to 22"x12") because of extremely high costs, but they've printed the books as large as they're able, which is 15"x12.5". The paper didn't start printing the first page in color until 1997. https://www.nytco.com/who-we-are/culture/our-history/
I see that our customer service team has been in contact with you about this. Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!
nicoles219
1/8/18

Ordered a National Parks Map for a friend as a Christmas gift on 11/29. It arrived 12/10 damaged (it was rolled up in a cardboard box that came torn and smashed). I took photos and emailed them to let them know and they said they would send a replacement. Three days later, they sent me a return label and said they would send my replacement once they received the return. So I immediately shipped it back. I emailed on 12/20 asking where my replacement was and noting that I needed it in time for Christmas. They assured me I would receive it on time. It never showed up. I emailed them on 1/5 to let them know, and they said it was returned to them because they incorrectly input my shipping address. They refunded me for the cost of the item, less shipping ($13.95). I am now fighting with them to get shipping refunded back to me since it was not my fault that the item was damaged or that I never received my replacement. So disappointing, and I will never order from them again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Nicole! I'd like to look into this for you. It's normally our practice to credit shipping charges in cases such as this. Please send me a private message via Site Jabber or email me directly at jen@uncommongoods.com. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
kimt108
1/2/18

Spent quite a bit of money there for Christmas, but one item I could no longer click on. It became available again a few days later, but it was Christmas and New Years. I called to ask if they could still add it to my order so I wouldn't have to pay shipping charges AGAIN for an item I wanted but couldn't order and that shipping charges cost more than the item. They refused to make any exceptions. Will not buy from them again.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
Hi Kim! I'm really sorry that we couldn't ship your second order for free. I'd like to look into the specifics of this - would you mind sending me your name and original order number either via Site Jabber or to me directly at jen@uncommongoods.com?
stephanief82
12/27/17

I sent this to a newly wedded couple and they are delighted with it, posting a picture of it on their FB pages with their own rave reviews. Their FB friends' comments indicate they love it, too. Score!

irynaw
12/23/17

I really don't understand why the ratings are so low! I ordered 3 items from the UncommonGoods on the 3 separate occasions. 2 of them were shipped before the delivery date (one of them I received just today, even though I ordered it 4 days ago and this is on the last week before Christmas!). For the third item I was notified by the email that the shipment will be late. It was meant to be a gift so I decided to drop off on that and asked for a refund. Their customer service responded within 10 min. They fully refunded me and told me that I can keep the item when I finally receive it.
I really appreciated it! Good job guys!

mem181
12/21/17

I was intrigued by the catalogue but never heard of the company so I checked reviews. Since most of the recent ones were positive, I placed an order even though there are so many negatives. I took review advise and only ordered items in stock and all arrive before the promised date. Customer Service was knowledgeable and aimed to please. I thought there was a problem with shipment of one item and the rep handled it with empathy and urgency. It ended up that I was in wrong.

mvmnamm
12/20/17

I purchased several items for Christmas. The first order was put in on a Tuesday, and I received the package on Wednesday. That is an amazing turnaround. The products on the site and interesting, and the ones that I have received thus far are of good quality.

sheriel1
12/10/17

I love this company! Always a great selection of unusual gift items and the customer service is outstanding. HIGHLY recommend!!!

brittanya36
12/7/17

Love everything about this company. From the unique products, the delivery time (one week exactly from order date) to their outstanding customer service. Everything I have bought as either a gift, or something for myself has been good quality, and for the most part just as pictured on the site. For the few things I have wanted to return, they were very accommodating. The fact that they are a B Corporation only helps make them more wonderful in my opinion. Life-long customer for sure. I tell everyone I know about this site.

kirstini1
12/5/17

I ordered a large, expensive framed print and it came with a piece of debris caught between the glass and the matte. I felt I paid too much for it to let it go so I contacted customer service and sent pictures. They were very easy to work with and shipped a replacement. I returned the faulty one with a pre-paid label they mailed me and they refunded my initial shipping cost. I had no problems with them at all and they were very willing to make it right.

janinef11
12/5/17

I ordered Game of Phones as gift. The order shipped promptly, but got lost in the USPS system. When I contacted UncommonGoods Customer Service they quickly solved the problem.
I wouldn't hesitate to order with them again!

roye27
12/5/17

I ordered a few items for the first time from the site. Items were, suffice to say, unique and looked like perfect Christmas gifts for my more unique friends :)
Had one item get lost in transit and received a prompt and courteous response and after giving it time, a replacement was promptly shipped. Fantastic item and very satisfied with it :)

perrif
12/5/17

This company is filled with personalized and unique items! Perfect for every member of the family. One of a kind finds. I am expecting to have many happy family members.

suel120
12/5/17

I had never shopped with this company before, but after my first experience, this will be my "go too" catalog for unique gifts. I purchased a reflective light that arrived broken. When I called all they requested was a photo of the damage. No questions asked, they immediately sent out a new lamp. I had the new lamp within 3 days. Wonderful customer service!

beths120
12/5/17

The first item I ordered arrived in a timely fashion, well-packaged and seemingly without damage. Unfortunately, the item itself was defective. Upon calling Customer Service, my replacement was shipped and arrived ahead of schedule in perfect condition. Everyone in Customer Service was courteous and helpful . . . a very admirable quality!

lindar247
12/4/17

Fast shipping to Alaska. Excited about the gifts I ordered. Really love all the different unique things. Will order again.

mariea99
12/4/17

I contacted your customer service department to see if one of your newspaper books (birthday or baseball) could be made with the San Francisco Chronicle instead of the selections presented Unfortunately this was not the case. I think this is an area that uncommon goods should look into to broaden their base of customers.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
That's a great idea, Marie! Thanks for sharing that with us!
-Jen
shirleyw79
12/4/17

I have ordered several items from this website because they offer such a unique selection of gift ideas at reasonable prices. I have always received the items in a timely fashion, with no problems whatsoever.

carolinew43
12/4/17

I always return to this store for Christmas gifts because they have some truly creative items at a great price range. I was especially impressed with how quickly and considerately they helped me handle a problem with my recent order (which turned out to be entirely UPS's fault). Customer service reached out to me (!!) almost immediately and worked to resolve my issue that night. I later heard back quickly when I needed to return the replacement items (when the originals, delivered to another block, were kindly returned by an honest neighbor!). Best customer service ever!

chucke8
11/27/17

I called to cancel an order within two hours of placing it online. After being told by customer service that they couldn't find my order, I was placed on hold. The agent then returned on the line and told me the order was cancelled and I would receive an email confirmation the next day and that my card would be refunded. After more than a week, no email and no refund.

So I called again today and was told that they didn't have my order in their system, yet they have charged my card $681.49! As they don't have my information, they can't refund the amount. Can you believe this? The agent finally suggested that maybe my card was scammed - this after I told her I was looking at the transaction on PayPal as we were speaking. In hindsight, she was right. My card was scammed and this company is the scammer. Stay away from Uncommon Goods. They are uncommonly terrible.

Response from Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative
We’re so sorry that you didn’t receive an email confirmation that your order was canceled! It’s true that we don’t assign confirmation numbers to canceled orders, but we do (typically) email customers to confirm that we’ve canceled the order. We’ll follow up with the representative who canceled your order to reiterate the importance of this practice.

We voided your transaction in our billing system immediately after canceling the order. It sometimes takes a bit of time for the bank to remove a charge from a customer’s account and sadly, we can’t predict how quickly or slowly a given bank will act. Voiding a transaction tends to speed up the process of getting customers’ funds returned vs. posting a credit. I can confirm that we have not charged you for anything. When a transaction is voided, the charge is simply removed.

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can do for you!
kens148
11/27/17

Everything about my experience dealing was this company was wonderful. The products are top notch and it's nice to know they are made by small business. I did have a bit of trouble ordering on line, however; when I called customer service they handled the problem quickly and they were nice and personal, in fact I think she was happier than I was that the problem was resolved.

casar1
11/27/17

Ive been ordering unique gifts from Uncommon Goods for about 4 years. I order a butterfly puddler a couple of weeks ago as a gift for my department manager. I was able to follow the tracking information to see when it was delivered to her house. She absolutely loved it! Uncommon Goods is my go to for memorable gifts for special occasions and for the wonderful people in my life.

sonial31
11/27/17

I have been the recipient of several lovely gifts purchased at Uncommon Goods. Each item has brought me joy. When I have needed customer service to assist with a problem ( an accident resulting in an item breaking) I have immediately been shipped a replacement with no problem... only courtesy. I recommend this outfit to everyone!

We'll email your tracking number on the day the order ships. If you need anything else, please contact our CS team at help@uncommongoods.com

By Jennifer G., Uncommongoods Representative

Questions? Get answers from the Uncommongoods staff and other customers.

Uncommongoods?