Review of Travelgenio

Travelgenio reviews

junkok
2/28/19

Worst company ever. I booked a round trip to Europe through Travelgenio/travel2be (they are the same company). My flight was canceled due to the weather, and I could not travel as there was no alternative. Even though the airlines was refunding Travelgenio refused to refund me saying they didn't see the cancelation in their system. I called them 4 times, wasted 3 hours, and finally forced one operator to contact the airlines because their system was wrong. The operator promised me that they refund my outbound trip, but they still refused to refund my inbound trip because, even though I purchased the tickets as a round trip, they purchased as two separate trips, and they would not refund for the outbound trip! Better yet, I did not get the promised refund for the outbound trip even after a week, so I contacted them. And then they said "As we have previously informed you, unfortunately a refund is not possible, this means that you will not receive the money in your account." How condescending and stupid one can be? Also also, some of the operators I talked on phone barely spoke English...Also also, for all email correspondences, they called me "Mr." even though I am female (with a doctorate degree and I sign my email with "Ph.D.). I don't know how they could mess up this much...

tonyk117
2/17/19

I booked a trip to SE Asia with them months in advance, and close to the travel date they emailed me a change in flights. It turns out the change did not include a flight to my HOME STATE!! I tried to contact them but they did not respond. I called and emailed and I was just left hanging. My wife and I had to rent a car to drive across 3 states to get home. I will be telling all of my friends and family plus my many social media followers to avoid them. Never will make this mistake again.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Tony, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com
with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
annen87
2/14/19

In 2017 I purchased a flight through Travelgenio, from Madrid to Valencia. All went well, no problems, no complaints.
This week 13 Feb 2019, they have hacked my credit card for $3000. Fortunately my bank contacted me with regards to unusual activity on my card. The bank have dealt with this and I have not lost out.
The person at the bank said some of these companies have a subscription code which allows them to deduct from your card at will.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Anne, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com
with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
rachelb274
1/17/19

Hello, I'm not in the business of usually writing Reviews, but this must be one of the worst customer experiences, so, I had to warn the wider online community.

I had to cancel my flight to Frankfurt, and while customer support initially replied to me, confirming they've requested my refund since I'm supposedly covered with Cancellation Insurance PLUS. That was on Nov 12, 2018 bur they've gone AWOL every since. Today marks the anniversary of the 66th day since they've last answered.

I of course tried to reach them through phone and chat, etc, but of course no one answers.

Never. Again.

Edited to include Cancellation Insurance information

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
You will receive a reply by email within the next few hours. Thank you for your collaboration.
milosr1
1/10/19

They'll ruin your life!
Horrible! I bought two tickets via travelgenio for my mom, myself and extra luggage, and for the full price for all of it at the checking in 36 hours before the flight they processed only one ticket for myself being the main passenger and entirely denied the mistake or refunding the difference after being hung up on so many times, spending an eternity on hold and not wanting to transfer me over to a supervisor. They're only after your money and zero customer service. Never again and strongly suggest to stay away from these crooks!

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Milos, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
rebeccar238
1/7/19

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS AGENCY! I just made a booking and had the funds deducted immediately but they never generated my tickets. I received no confirmation email or tickets and when I tried to call there was no answer. I tried difference selecting different departments when I called but nothing went through. I have emailed and still nothing. I'm feeling annoyed that I didn't trust my gut instinct with this one but the best I can do is warn others! Please do your research first and it is definitely worth paying a few extra dollars to book through a reputable company just for peace of mind.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Rebecca, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
mauricef26
12/30/18

Booked a ticket with them and did not receive any email confirmation from them so i called them up, by then it was close to 24hours before my flight. They told me there system could not book the ticket even though when i booked it i received a message on the screen saying thank you for your successful booking...... with a ref. code. they then insisted that i rebook the ticket myself which by now was very expensive. I argued to speak to a supervisor and the agent told me the matter was closed and nothing to speak about. All this was because i called up had i not done so they would have not notified me at all. to make things further complicated their UK number is invalid. Would not recommend them to anyone.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Maurice, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
zhez2
12/25/18

EnglishBe careful of this web site. absolutely I recommend yoi that do not buy any ticket on this site. I bought one ticket for 550 euros at thia website, and after I arrived at the airport, it was said my ticket is an open ticket which could not be used, invalid.The trip was ruined and after that even you contact their customer service many times, they will not reply to you clearly and will not refund it. It is almost a swindler company a cheater a totally fraudulent site. Please really be aware. don't lose your big money here for purpose of a small discount!
550open tickettravelgenio550
. 550 . , . .
español Tenga cuidado con este sitio web. Absolutamente te recomiendo que no compres ninguna entrada en este sitio. Compré un boleto por 550 euros en el sitio web de Thia, y después de llegar al aeropuerto, se dijo que mi boleto es un boleto abierto que no se pudo usar, no
es válido. veces, no te responderán claramente y no te lo reembolsarán. Es un sitio tramposo, Por favor ten mucho cuidado. ¡No pierda su dinero aquí con un pequeño descuento! Mi español no es bien ,lo siento^=^

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Zhe, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
doctorp12
12/24/18

Those morons not only don't reply any emails but also don't speak english and ask you to call again after 5 minutes then again another moron says the same and so on. So bad service like I have never experienced in my entire life.
I don't recommend these morons at all to anyone.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Doctor P. of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
julianr90
12/15/18

I have travelled hundreds of times and used my fair share of online travel agencies but Travelgenio has provided the worst and most blatantly dishonest experience I've ever had. Even if their flights might seem cheaper, I would strongly advise against using them. Sharing my experience here so you know what you're getting yourself into if you book with Travelgenio. I only wish I read the many negative reviews before I did.
The issue: I received an email saying that the route for our flight was no longer serviced by the airline and the proposed new itinerary was 30 hours long and had 3 layovers. The flight I booked was less than 23 hours long and had 2 layovers. So, I felt that any new flight should be on par with our booking in terms of time travelled and number of stops. Below is my experience dealing with the Travelgenio customer service people when I called to make what I feel is a simple and reasonable request.
Day 1: First time I got through a customer representative, he greeted me in English and when I proceeded to provide my booking code and explain why I was calling, he asked whether I could repeat it all in Spanish or Portuguese. Hmm...I restarted in my basic SpanishHe understood the situation but said that I should check with the airline directly to which I replied that we booked and paid Travelgenio so therefore we'd rather they look into the new itinerary. After that, he said he needed to check in with the airline and get back to me. He also promised a call back from an English-speaking customer representative to give me an update on my new itinerary within a few hours. Never happened.
Day 2: After 24 hours, I tried a few times to call the help line again as our flight was imminent. The number just cuts off after 10mns or more waiting on the line. The 3rd time it worked! And I got through to an English-speaking lady. I had to explain the situation again and I got the same response. In short, her script was we need to check with the airline and I need to speak with my supervisor...We will get back to you today. Again, no call back.
Day 3: After another 24 hours of not hearing back from anyone from Travelgenio and our departure date around the corner, I called again. Got through to an English-speaking customer representative and proceeded to have the most irritating phone call ever. This time the script changed.
1- I was told that I had confirmed the new 30 hours long itinerary and therefore no changes could be made. The flight was final. I provided no such confirmation and after 10mn of back and forth with the customer representative, I was unable to get him to provide me with evidence that I had.
2- I asked to speak to his supervisor. He said that this decision was made with the supervisor. After I insisted, he said the supervisor was in a meeting. I said I'd hold and he said that I won't be speaking to the supervisor.
3- By this point I was in total disbelief and having spent 20 very unpleasant minutes with someone who was making stuff up, I asked how long a refund would take. After being put on hold for 6 minutes, he came back online and told me that it would be up to 3 months! I don't have $3,500 lying around so this effectively meant that I couldn't cancel my flight with them and book with another agency.
So, after this 3-day ordeal, I'm trapped into flying with Travelgenio and I'm expecting an absolutely horrid start to my holidays with the flight from hell. #travelgeniosucks

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Julian, of course we can help you with your booking changes. Sometimes airlines change their flight plans and our agents inform passengers about the possible alternatives. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com and we will inform you about the latest flight schedule and the alternatives they gave us in case they don't suit your plans. Regards
gloriaz8
11/29/18

I think that one star is too much but I had to check at least one in
order to post my review. Where do I start? First, they have not one but
several service providers for payments, and only one (according to one
telephone representative) is reliable. I had the misfortune of getting
one of the non-reliable services. I had to switch credit cards from my
husband's to mine because his bank had a glitch that put a lock on the
limit. So I entered my credit card information but there was no place
for the name of the card holder. Hence, the system would not take it.
After several calls, waiting period, and two dropped calls, I get a
representative (Andres) who told me he could not help me but I could
feel free to call again, said "bye, bye" and hung up. Fortunately, I
eventually spoke with a representative who sent me the link for the
reliable payment merchant, and it all worked. However, this was just the
beginning of the nightmare. The next morning I see an email indicating
that the airline had changed fares so now I owed a few more hundred
euros, and then they gave a total amount that was a little less than
what I had already paid. So I replied to the email and asked: is the
total now the sum of what I paid and the reported increase? Or is it the
total amount that you have indicated. The reply was the latter, which
means that I had paid that amount already. So I confirm by email that
they can issue the ticket for the indicated grand total, which I had
already paid (my credit card company had confirmed this). But I call
anyway, just to be certain. And then I get Celina, who tells me that I
have to pay more, and that there are no supervisors available to help
me, and that the best offer she can give me is a reimbursement. I travel
frequently and I have used a number of operations but this one is
disorganized, does not have efficient operations, the representatives
are pushed to get off calls quickly so they have no incentive to help
customers and, what is worse, they cannot communicate clearly,
accurately, or stand by their mistakes like good, honest, business
people do. If you put in an email that the grand total is a particular
amount but you made a mistake, then honor your word and show the travel
community that you are not a scam operation.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Gloria, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
michalisp1
11/25/18

Worst airfare booking experience in 12+ years.

I booked an overseas flight with travelgenio. Found the offer via skyscanner. I paid successfully for the flight and I thought it went through as in one of their booking status pages it seemed successful.

But it wasn't.

I found out ~40 hours before my flight, on a Saturday night, when I tried to check in. Couldn't find any helpful booking details.

I had received absolutely NO prior notification that the booking didn't go through. No email, no sms, no call, nothing.

After failing to check in with the flight, I realized something went wrong. I called travelgenio 6-7 times that night. They answered two times. The other times the call automatically dropped after me being on hold for 13-14 minutes each time. When they picked up they said that they will refund me, and that's it.

I emailed them afterwards. The responses I received were typical/canned/soulless and may I say nonsense.

I almost cancelled my whole business trip because of travelgenio. I ended up booking last minute tickets through another online travel agency for the next day, paying 64% more.

This has been the most horrible online travelling experience I've had in the last 12 years that I've been travelling internationally. Never again.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Michalis, of course we can help you with your booking. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your doubts and we will answer you asap. Regards
brianc469
11/19/18

I booked a British Airways flight to Rio de Janeiro because it was a little cheaper than elsewhere.
No clear indication that no baggage was included. Very difficult to find that information but I was sold a special no baggage ticket. I had to pay 150 euro at the airport for just the outward trip.
BA website is impossible and I still haven't been able to book online for return baggage.
I would have saved money and a lot of frustration by booking direct or with a reputable company.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Brian, of course we can help you with the luggage information. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with your booking code and we will tell you the allowed baggage for your ticket rate. Regards
efreng7
10/30/18

Got my flight published for 1007 American dollars and they charge my credit card. For almost 150 dollars over price as they manipulate the site to charge in Mexican currency if you post this review in the Facebook page you get blocked

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Efren, of course we can help you with the payment doubts. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with all your booking details and the amounts that do not fit and we will check immediately all the details. Regards
yagou
9/21/18

I booked a flight through the worst travel agency in history. Paid a 500 euro ticket to go from Madrid to Boston. The airline did not let me get on the plane because they agency had the reservation but the ticket was never issued. Then travelgenio said they did everything correctly and never issued the return of the money. I had to pay an extra 700 to get to my final destination due to their incompetence. I filed a lawsuit against them. Never use this travel agency.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Yago, of course we can help you with your booking doubts. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with your booking code and we will tell you the booking status. Regards
jaka1
9/12/18

I double booked a plane ticket that was worth 600 dollars. I called the airline company and they said they confimed refund. But travelgenio for one year, they have been telling me that Atlas Global don't get back to them.

DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM THIS COMPANY.

Response from Travelgenio T., Travelgenio Representative
Hi Jak A. of course we can help you with your booking rembursement. Please note that repayment depends on the airlines and each of them have different administrative times. Please send us a mail to customer.service@travelgenio.com with your booking code and we will see your rembursement status and the approximately management it will take. Regards

Questions? Get answers from the Travelgenio staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Travelgenio