Review of Tobi

South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
help@tobi.com

ashleem16
1/17/18

I read a lot of the reviews after I ordered and needed to cancel my order. I was very nervous I was going to get stuck with two of everything, but Tobi was very much on top of customer service and canceled my order. They have been nothing but great (and this isn't the first time I've ordered, just the first time I needed to cancel an order or make a return). Definitely will be a loyal customer!

lisac383
1/10/18

I'm trying to get a refund on a dress and possibly a price adjustment on another dress that is now half off and for 3 days now I have been emailing the company for a resolution. I received an auto reply that did not address my concerns whatsoever. I ordered bridesmaid dresses from their site and although the dresses are very nice, I will NEVER order from this site again. Horrible customer service and there is no phone number to speak to an actual person!

deniseb166
1/9/18

I ordered a dress back in September that was too big. I returned the dress within the appropriate time frame and HAVE NEVER RECEIVED MY REFUND. I call their customer service number CONSTANTLY and all it does is ring. The dress was $44 and I would like my money back. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! I should have read the reviews before I ever ordered.

taylorb97
1/8/18

Awful support. My package took over 3 weeks to be delivered to me. I ordered the package with a guaranteed delivery date of no later than 12/26. I ordered the package for a trip I was leaving for on the 30th of December. My package wasn't delivered until 1/3. When I reached out to customer service, I received a generic response back, after being ignored over and over and over again. I will NEVER order from here again. I am currently in the process of returning my package and getting a FULL refund. I will tell all of my friends to stay away from this company! NEVER AGAIN will I order from here. Tobi used to be a reputable company and that has completely changed. I was a good customer, but now I have the same feeling as if I was scammed. They don't treat customers well and do not compensate customers when the issue is on your end.

cassandras27
1/2/18

I placed an order on 12/12/17 because they were having a sale. I have not received anything as of 01/02/18. I tracked my package with the tracking number they gave me and it is stuck somewhere in Illinois, but that information hasn't been updated since 12/22/17, so who knows where my stuff is. I have emailed 2 times with no response from anyone. This was my first time ordering from them and because of their lack of customer service and their slow shipping, I will not order from here again.

UPDATE (written 01/10/18): I received my package on 01/06/18, which was 25 days from the day I ordered it. I messaged Tobi.com on Facebook and then I also Dm'd them on Instagram. They answered me on both sites 1 day later and let me know that my order would arrive Jan. 6th. Even though they replied to my messages and told me that my order was not lost in the mail, I still think they deserve a 1 star review because Tobi.com never emailed me to let me know that they were backed up due to the holiday season. They also never updated me on when my package would arrive. So, I was left thinking I was scammed and that I would never receive my stuff. What's frustrating to me is that I had to reach out to them. I feel like most online stores that I've ordered from, send another email to their customers if processing or shipping is taking longer than expected. If they would have reached out to me to tell me my package was going to be late, I would have been way less frustrated.

kathym127
1/2/18

It seems I have bad luck with Cyber Monday sales. On Mon Nov 27th, I ordered from Tobi.com, and it is now January 2nd, 2018 and I have no package, and no real update on the status of my order. After about 20 emails to the company, including their fake "Fraud" department, and asking about 5x for someone to call me to discuss the matter, I have received no clarification and no help, and zero customer service. No one has attempted to call me to resolve the matter. In fact, the questions I pose in my emails are never answered; it seems they have a bot answering all inquiries and complaints. There is no number to call. They took my money. If I sign into the account of my order, it says "processing" yet the bot email I received in the last week said "they are working with the shipping company to send my package quicker"; yet, I have received no information on my package even being shipped at all. And online it says still "processing", and again, my money was taken from my account. My bank and I are going into dispute with them. They have ZERO customer service. They will not call you...there is no number for you to call. Complete waste of time. Tobi.com have proven to be total fraudsters, and absolutely incompetent at customer service...but then again as a scamming business they don't really need to worry about customer service after receiving your banking information.

stacyt40
1/2/18

Placed order on December 14th. It is now January 2, 2018 and I still do not have the order which was a Christmas present. I have emailed this company 3 times without a resolution to the problem. Just amazed that places like this stay in business when conducting fradulently. It's never ok to take money for services and not deliver. Will file a claim against TOBI with my credit card.

gabbym15
12/31/17

Do not order from Tobi!!!! Worst customer service I've ever experienced. They haven't responded to me in over a month!!! They are too busy posting pictures on their Instagram page to actually care about their customers. Their shipping is horrible as well. My package came a month late, so I had to return my items. I don't even know if I'll get my money back because it takes them 2 months basically to process it. Stay away from this site, it's not worth it they are untrustworthy!

bethanyt6
12/30/17

Beware, I have ordered from this site over the last few years, w/ zero issues. My most recent return (and last) was received by Tobi but was NEVER refunded?? I emailed them several time on this topic, but never received any response, besides an automated message saying that someone would be contacting me (and confirming msg was rec'd) and never got any follow up emails. What a rip off and scam. For everyone that likes to online shop, do NOT shop this site...unless you want them to just take your money. Most of my purchases are online and I will be sure to never shop this site again after they decided to keep my money and not respond to my several inquiries of my return/refund. $400 down the drain! I'll be refuting this and be sure to post on several other sites so no one has to deal with this BS. Seriously people - DO NOT SHOP HERE! Awful customer service and now a scam!

jamesw511
12/28/17

Stay away from this company. I only wish I had read others reviews before I placed an order. My order was placed on December 12th and as of today, December 28th, I still do not have the merchandise. I have sent numerous emails only to receive generic responses back. Supposedly my order was in town 6 days ago however now it shows that its in transit to my town. Please do not support this company. Don't be another victim unless you have a lifetime to wait for your order.

chelsig
12/27/17

Sent back a return on November 28 and my return still has not been processed even though they said they received it December 12th. They said they have 14 business days to process and dont have a phone number to contact them for a reason. You have to submit a manual request and wait days to hear back.

jennyn27
12/27/17

I use to shop on this site back in early 2016 I'm not sure what happened to them, but their services have declined and they seem to not even be operating a legit business. I ordered a dress weeks ago and still have not received it after paying shipping costs. You are not able to call customer care, but they also do not reply to emails. They have tons of sales which is appealing, but i will NEVER shop here again after this last experience. After reading countless reviews of refunds not being received I'm likely stuck with this dress I may not even get in time for my event.

brittanyl38
12/23/17

I returned two dresses over a month ago because they were shipped late and I no longer needed them. Tobi has not issued me my money back so I lost $72 and don't even have the two dressed. Will never shop with them again.

mariad157
12/21/17

I've always shopped here. Don't know what happened this year. My order was cancelled randomly and when I sent 3 emails asking why no one replied. Till this day I have not gotten any repsonse. Now I won't have any presents for sister in law. The clothes are good but you take a risk with no phone number to call and terrible customer service. I will not shop Tobi again. Try Pretty little things or necessary clothing instead.

nicolec171
12/21/17

If you want to give your loved ones gifts for Christmas, DO NOT TRUST THEIR SHIPPING!

No gifts under the tree!! Will arrive AFTER New Years even though order placed on 12/13!!

Total scammers and liars. Don't respond to emails.

AVOID!!!

catherinew65
12/21/17

Definitely avoid this one. They send completely the wrong thing and won't refund (even when a return is offered). Very bad customer service.

monicar62

FALSE ADVERTISING!

I have made a purchase on Dec 13th on your website. During this purchase, it was assured that if I order on that day, the items will surely be delivered to me before Christmas! However, this is NOT THE CASE! I have just checked and tracked my package and the estimated delivery date is 12/27/2017 - 01/02/2018!!!! After Christmas obviously!!!! I will be overseas by that time and the dress that I ordered that I was meant to wear for Christmas day is NOW NOT HAPPENING!!!!!! I made this purchase as to wear the dress in Christmas and it assured (your website advertised and even confirmed upon checkout) that the delivery will be before Christmas!!!! This is just unbelievable!!!! I will never use and order from TOBI if the services are like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

christym33
12/11/17

Never buy from this company! I reached out about an order I placed on cyber Monday which I still have not received. I received one stock email back from a rep and replied and have heard nothing. I reached out via messenger on this page and again heard nothing. The have false adversing on their website about shipping and processing time. If you are thinking about purchasing think twice!

esmeo
12/9/17

I ordered my item 26 days ago and it cleared customs 20 days ago, but there has been no update on the track my order section and it still hasnt arrived. I contacted customer care a while ago and all they said was it should arrive within 6-8 business days of clearing customs, but I think even then when they sent that reply it had been over that time. I have then replied to that email and attempted to contact them multiple times since then, all of which have been ignored. I ordered my item almost a month ago now, this is getting ridiculous- Im posting this in hopes that someone who works for Tobi sees this and to warn you all do NOT order from this site!

juliar72
12/4/17

Love this site and would not give a horrible review. The dresses are cute and fit great however, the amount of time it takes to ship a dress is way too long! After placing an order on November 27th, my clothes have still not been shipped. This site is great and if not in a hurry I would recommend just be prepared for a much longer shipping process then expected.

graced55
11/30/17

Tobi said the dress would be here between the 28th-30th and the dress not only isn't coming but has been in Nevada for a week. I even emailed them and they confirmed it should be here by the 30th before I ordered it to make sure it was here on time.

ja39331
11/29/17

Still waiting for an order I placed nearly 12 days ago. What they don't tell you is they use Newgistics which is the speed of slower than a snail. My item has been sitting in one warehouse to the next for two days at a time with an update every two to three days. They also gave me a tracking number someone previously used as well to add confusion just for fun. It's a shame cause they have so many cute items but at this point I don't find it fun waiting up to two weeks for an item. No other retail clothing company has ever made me wait this long and for one item. This was a test run purchase and will be the last ever purchase. I hope to receive what I paid for, the customer service has begun ignoring my emails and messages at this point so if I don't get it I have to count it as a loss but I'd stay away from this company. They select the absolute cheapest way to ship to you (Newgistics) knowing full well it will be over two weeks before you see your item, if ever.

danielleg60
11/29/17

I ordered my dresses on the 26th and got them on the 28th with express shipping. On the 27th I requested to change the size of one of the dress and the customer service was able to do just that! Overall great quality. They look even better than the pictures. I am very pleased.

Tip for consumers: Size true to fit

katlynp2
11/27/17

I sent a return a month ago and still have not received anything. I contacted them via email numerous times and the only thing they said was they are behind in returns so I got no where. The clothes look nothing like they say they do, the only thing I kept that I actually liked was two sweaters which were the same style but different colors. They are way over priced for the quality, if you notice its not really 50% off because theres no way the original price makes any sense. Do not order from here especially if you think you might have to return something. They are awful. Go to Lulus or shopdressup.com .

luciaa9
11/21/17

It takes a LOT longer than it says to deliver the order. I am still waiting for my package I ordered two weeks ago. They have no phone number, worst customer service ever! Regret not reading these reviews before ordering from them.

I live in New Zealand and wasn't charged anything for taxes for my order!

By Lucy R.

Cancel the order until the error has been corrected. It's too hard to get a refund from them after the fact.

By Linda K.

I live in the Bay Area outside of their SF headquarters so I've rec'd my items with in 3-4 days typically.

By Liz G.

With your best interest in mind, I would advise that you return in separate packages with labels from each order and watch it closely from beginning to end of the return so it doesn't slip through the cracks. Get a tracking number for each also.

By Linda K.

Well I ordered my item 26 days ago and it still hasnt arrived...

By Esme o.

You should definitely use a measuring tape and measure your bust, hips, etc. Then compare to the size chart! :) I did that and ordered a large in everything and it fits perfect for me!

By Monica G.

No. I've ordered three days ago and my order is still processing.

By Sophie E.

Did you get it on time?

By G H.

Hey Lizzy, Im from Canada and mine came within 1 week :) Cross your fingers your will be on time for that party!

By Paige L.

I measured myself first and compared it to the chart and decided to go with xs. When i got the dress it fit exactly according to the size chart. So if i were an inch to big then the dress wouldn't have fit, luckily it did. So yeah, the size chart is pretty exact, at least with the dress i got.

By Naomi z.
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

18 Photos for Tobi