Review of Tobi

South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
help@tobi.com

tobit2
2/19/19

ONLY PUT 1 STAR BECAUSE I HAD TO. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. GARBAGE QULAITY. NOTHING LIKE PICTURE. SEND MY ITEMS BACK 3 MONTHS AGO AND HAVENT GOTTEN MY MONEY BACK. THIS IS ABOUSTLEY DISGUSTING. WORST :BUSINESS" - IF YOU EVEN WANT TO CALL IT THAT EVER. TOBI IS BULL$#*!. I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW HORRILBE EVERYTHINF ABOUT THEM IS. I AM MORTIFIED THAT THEY WOULD DO THIS TO THEIR "VALID CUSTOMERS" THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE THAT DESERVES TO GO BANKRUPT. I HAVE FILLED A COMPLAINT AND STARTED AN INVESTIGATION INTO THIS BULL$#*! BUSINESS.

savannahw16
2/13/19

I ordered two dresses for a wedding and returned them, got an email that they received it and never heard back or got my money back. I sent multiple emails and they never responded. UGHHH

theresag105
2/10/19

My order was "processing" for almost a month. I contacted them twice to ask when my order would ship; received an auto reply once and no reply the second one. This is very disappointing and u will be reporting to the BBB

eroichn
2/7/19

My order was "processing" for almost a month, and then they canceled it? I contacted them twice to ask when my order would ship; received an auto reply once and no reply the second time. It looks like all but one of the items is still in stock (but now at a higher price); what happened?

lorit114
2/6/19

I have been shopping with Tobi for years and never had an issue..until now. I've had an order processing for over two weeks. I've sent multiple emails to their customer service email address and have gotten no response. In the past, they've always responded in a day or so. I'm not sure what's going on, but I am going to figure out how to cancel my payment and never shop there again. Are they even a real company anymore?!?

erins167
1/29/19

just don't do it

they won't send you your order or get back to you when you ask for a refund. incredibly frustrating

laurenf195
1/27/19

I never received a refund from items a returned over a month ago. I confirmed the items made it back to their warehouse and still nothing!

gabd5
1/24/19

Ordered a dress for a wedding January 03. It is still "processing". They do not have a phone number and when I email them its automated responses and never get answered. I wasted 90$ and it looks like I'll never see the dress (along with other items) or my money.

Is anyone taking legal action? This is a total scam!

SCAM OF A WEBSITE.

rh238
1/22/19

Not only did they send me the wrong item in my order, they also gave me the wrong address to return my item (literally given to me the day before I shipped my order). My package is now being returned to me (on my own money) because "incorrect address - recipient moved". Uh, what? So I basically wasted money on an item I didn't even order AND on shipping that item I can't even return. Waiting to hear back from their customer service about this bull.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here.

nicolec479
1/21/19

DO NOT order from this company if you are wanting an order in a timely manner. I originally ordered a dress the first week of Jan, they have not even processed it yet. Any time I email in asking for an update or finally at this point to cancel the order they respond with a generic "it take two days to process".... well its been about 19 days now. I was originally going to wear my purchase to a wedding in Savannah in the middle of Feb (noticed I purchased 6 weeks in advance thank goodness) and have now had to order from Nords. This company does not care about its customers and reminds me more of those cheap Chinese clothing scam companies than anything.

franc49
1/21/19

DO NOT DO IT!! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!

I ordered a dress almost 2 weeks ago for a gala, and it still hasn't come. It wasn't till after I payed for the dress and emailed them about any updates that they informed me that they were moving locations and were not going to make the 3-6 business day they promised at checkout! DO NOT EVEN BOTHER, TERRIBLE QUALITY, TERRIBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

ldltj
12/5/18

Don't buy from here - I finally gave in because I needed a cheap one time outfit. Bought (2) diff sizes to return the one that didn't fit.

They claim they never received return but it shows online it was scanned and "returned." They never gave me refund!!!! It's been about 8 months!!!

Will never shop here again.

karenw478
10/23/18

HAVE SENT 6 EMAILS IN 12 DAYS AND STILL NOT RESPONSE REGARDING RETURN...DOUBT I'LL EVER HERE FROM THEM!!!! HORRIBLE. SHORTS WERE CUTE BUT NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH EXTRA ITEMS AND CANNOT RETURN. UGH!!!!

sams552
10/12/18

DO NOT ORDER! I spent $200.00 on dresses for a wedding and i needed help with the return process(they do not include a shipping label even though it says they do on the website. I have sent over 3 emails and have yet to get a response. It has been over a week. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!

erine44
10/10/18

They literally do not process returns. They do not respond. They do not refund your money. They take your clothes back and you never hear another peep. This should be illegal. Super disappointed as clothes were cute & affordable...but unless you plan on keeping everything you purchase, stay far far away from them.

elisabethm20
10/5/18

If I could give negative stars I would. My experience with online shopping on Tobi.com has been absolutely horrible. I returned items over a month ago and have yet to get my money back. I receive responses to my emails days later claiming that I will get my refund in 3-5 days and that they will send me the confirmation of my return, but I have yet to receive either. The only way you can even get in contact with them is via email (they don't have a customer service number available) and they don't respond in a timely manner. Their products are also way over priced for the quality. Tobi's customer service is HORRIBLE. They need to re-evaluate the way they communicate with their customers and provide a phone number to call so issues like this can be resolved in a timely manner. Beyond disappointed in this company. I will NEVER buy from Tobi ever again. DO NOT SHOP ON TOBI.COM.

kristinm146
10/2/18

I will not be shopping here again and I will be strongly discouraging everyone else from doing it too. They updated me about the return process and even let me track my package....so Why have I been waiting a month to receive my refund after they said it would take 14 days??? why have I not received an update? I've emailed them three times now and every time they said they were too busy to respond with no follow up. Horriblely impersonable. All I can say these people are thieves disguised as a clothing company.

patriciaw296
10/1/18

Tobi is a horrible company for customer service. Ship it and forget it should be the company motto. I event sent a message to the CEO.... nothing. It's unbelieveable that this company is doing as well as it is.

TOBI is HORRIBLE, AWFUL

tiffanyg81
9/30/18

I bought a leather skirt from this company on sale for $30. I wore it one time and the slit on the skirt ripped, causing the slit to be even larger. As the slit wasn't too large, I was going to wear the skirt again. When I put the skirt on a second time, one of the teeth from the zipper fell off the skirt. The skirt was very loose on me, so this was not a too-tight situation. I reached out to the company and they told me that I was unable to get a refund as I had worn the skirt. They must know about the awful quality of their clothing and that is why they have this refund policy.

anao34
9/24/18

Do not buy expecting to receive a refund.

It has been 3 months since I've sent back my return of $90 and I have yet to receive a refund. The customer service is terrible - they reply about once a week, if that, and are of no help whatsoever. They simply do not care that they are not giving me my money back. What makes this worse is that I am fully aware they have my order, as my friend's order was also part of the refund, and hers of a much lesser amount was issued. They are blatantly withholding my refund, even after receiving the dress.

I would never order from them again and am cautioning anyone I know to avoid this site at any cost. All this for clothing that is sub-par, not ethical or sustainable.

anonymousm135
9/21/18

This is the first time I've ever felt compelled to write a review on a company. I am astonished at the horrible customer service provided by Tobi. I decided to return a few items since the quality of the items were poor. I sent out my return on August 30th from NYC. I have yet to receive a refund or even a confirmation of receipt. At this point I have reached out to ever department at Tobi several time. I have probably reached out 30+ times because I am concerned that this site is a scam or that my return has been misplaced. Despite continuously emailing and following up, the only response I have received was a generic response saying that the refund process takes around 14 days. I am now past the 14 day mark and have received no acknowledgment of my emails since. Email is the only way to contact ANY department at Tobi. I have tried contacting every department to see if I can at least receive a response from someone that works there. Coming from someone who has never written a review before, PLEASE DO NOT SHOP HERE. It is not worth the aggravation.

I will provide an update if the situation improves.

erinl95
9/21/18

Stay far away -- do not shop here. They don't respond to emails, there's no way to confidently return items. There's ZERO customer service. No phone number, no live chat, just an email address that never responds.

pj70
8/29/18

This company has zero customer service. Can't talk to anyone and they pretty
much dismiss you if you dare want to return something after 30 days. Will NEVER
order from them again. Tell everyone you know.

laurav91
8/23/18
• Updated review

To update my previous review.
I finally did get my reimbursement for the dress I had purchased through Tobi. Just don't expect the return to be fast - it took about 3 months however they did in the end take the return. However you never know when because it is true about not good communication with there customer service. I I don't think quality is noticeable with there products but it could work for some.

“Terrible”
8/23/18
• Previous review

I ordered a dress from here for a wedding for $72. I read the reviews about how bad returning items was but I decided to give it a chance. DON'T do it!!! I got the dress and I immediately didn't like it. I returned it the next day and this was back in early June. I've received no confirmation yet about it being processed and it's been almost 2 months now. What an absolute waste of money. I guess they just take and keep money from customers even though you return the items. I wish I had never purchased it in the first place. All the terrible reviews are completely true.

marieb222
8/1/18

Was going to purchase but notice they don't accept PayPal. PayPal is security for the consumer. It seems like the company is outside the United States. Be careful and cautious with what you purchase and how you purchase.

I live in New Zealand and wasn't charged anything for taxes for my order!

By Lucy R.

Cancel the order until the error has been corrected. It's too hard to get a refund from them after the fact.

By Linda K.

I live in the Bay Area outside of their SF headquarters so I've rec'd my items with in 3-4 days typically.

By Liz G.

With your best interest in mind, I would advise that you return in separate packages with labels from each order and watch it closely from beginning to end of the return so it doesn't slip through the cracks. Get a tracking number for each also.

By Linda K.

Well I ordered my item 26 days ago and it still hasnt arrived...

By Esme o.

You should definitely use a measuring tape and measure your bust, hips, etc. Then compare to the size chart! :) I did that and ordered a large in everything and it fits perfect for me!

By Monica G.

No. I've ordered three days ago and my order is still processing.

By Sophie E.

Did you get it on time?

By G H.

Hey Lizzy, Im from Canada and mine came within 1 week :) Cross your fingers your will be on time for that party!

By Paige L.

I measured myself first and compared it to the chart and decided to go with xs. When i got the dress it fit exactly according to the size chart. So if i were an inch to big then the dress wouldn't have fit, luckily it did. So yeah, the size chart is pretty exact, at least with the dress i got.

By Naomi z.
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

Tobi?