Review of Tobi

South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
help@tobi.com

annaw201
3/19/19

I had things ready for purchase in my cart. I had originally opted in to their newsletter and was given 50% off my first order. Problem is, the email to confirm my email address came totally blank - without the promotion code OR a link to confirm. Quite annoying. I message their facebook, as well as emailed them about it, and never got a response. I DID however get a whole bunch of correspondence telling me I had left things in my cart along with other promotional emails. It's been a couple of days and I still haven't gotten a response.

Totally unprofessional and not true to their word. I'll be closing my account and unlikinng/unfollowing their pages.

frenchiew
3/13/19

Never again will I order anything from this company. I had to email about an order i placed had I not the order would not have been shipped. I returned two items and after two weeks I had to email them to inquire about my return and provide them the tracking number. The information showed it was delivered and left with an individual in Feb 28 and it is March 11 and my refund still has not been issued. Had I not emailed the company no one would have done anything. Save your tracking number save everything!

bethanyl30
3/3/19

I am so disappointed. I emailed them two different times and set them a message on Facebook and they never responded (I sent a message a week for three different weeks).
I had my sister get one of their dresses for her bridesmaid dress for my wedding. We LOVED it so I told my other bridesmaids to go ahead and order the dress. When they went to do it, there were only larges left. All I wanted Tobi to respond was whether or not they'll get more sizes in :( So disappointed and unsure where to go from here for my bridesmaids.

fu12
2/27/19

I'm so disappointed because I've ordered with them so many times, but last month I ordered ONE pair of jeans. For over a month, the order just said processing. I emailed them 3 times. Finally got some bs automated response. checked back on my order, which said it had been cancelled! normally I wouldn't care, since it refunds your card, except for the fact that I paid with a visa gift card that I no longer have! So basically my aunt's Christmas present to me went in the trash. I will be telling all my friends to stay very far away from this joke of a company.

ashleee3
2/25/19

I have ordered from Tobi all the time and never had a serious problem. Sure, the quality isn't superior, but the clothes are cheap and cute and that's all I was asking for. One part I loved was being able to have free returns. Shopping online is difficult but this is what the consumer shopping experience has come to. Plus, online has way more options! I, however, range in sizes, so when looking for items such as dresses, I usually need to order two sizes and several options. I recently made and order and sent my return back on 12/26. Tobi clarifies on the website that returns take awhile and that you should allow 14 days. At this point though, it has been TWO MONTHS. Usually the shipment is at least processed within the 14 days, so I was nervous they hadn't even received it. I emailed them and they let me know they had received it. I wait until February - nothing. I email again and they said they recently moved fulfillment centers and have to transfer everything over. ~First of all, why would you move fulfillment centers during holiday return season? ~ They apologized and told me they would find out about where my package is in the process. I heard nothing. I sent an email last week stating my frustrations and asking the status - heard nothing back. I emailed again today and have received nothing.
This company is failing to be transparent with their customers. There are SEVERAL reviews all over the Internet about this happening to others - which I am sure that if I haven't received my return in two months, that no one sending anything back right now will receive their refund for even longer. Tobi has a 14 day allowance written on their return FAQs but nowhere is there notice that this kind of backup is taking place. My question is why haven't I heard back from customer service? Did they lose my package? Who knows. At this point in their mess up they should be granting the refunds regardless if they have fully processed them because, speaking from my experience, I won't be making another purchase.

katief91
2/25/19

Will not send items, will not respond. LITERALLY STEALING PEOPLES MONEY!
Have sent multiple requests to no avail. No response, they don't care- they are criminals and deserve to be prosecuted.

ruthc142
2/23/19

I have been trying to get a refund of $82 from a Christmas order I ordered for my daughter. They acknowledged the receipt of my return to then on 1/7/19. On 1/17/19 I finally got a response back via email that said that they were working on return orders from 12/17/19! They were over a month behind and now it's 2/23/19 and I STILL don't have a refund. In reading all the reviews it sounds like all the other reviewers have the same exact story! How has TOBI not been shut down! This is crazy! I am suspecting that the good review they received was from someone who has not had to make a return or possibly a plant by TOBI to offset the negative reviews.

melissas473
2/20/19

Ordered a dress before Christmas and it came in fairly quickly but didn't fit. They said it was fine to return it and I sent it back within a week of receiving but have not yet received my refund and am not getting any response from my emails. Feel like I will never see that refund. Should have just kept the dress and had it altered.

tobit2
2/19/19

ONLY PUT 1 STAR BECAUSE I HAD TO. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. GARBAGE QULAITY. NOTHING LIKE PICTURE. SEND MY ITEMS BACK 3 MONTHS AGO AND HAVENT GOTTEN MY MONEY BACK. THIS IS ABOUSTLEY DISGUSTING. WORST :BUSINESS" - IF YOU EVEN WANT TO CALL IT THAT EVER. TOBI IS BULL$#*!. I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW HORRILBE EVERYTHINF ABOUT THEM IS. I AM MORTIFIED THAT THEY WOULD DO THIS TO THEIR "VALID CUSTOMERS" THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE THAT DESERVES TO GO BANKRUPT. I HAVE FILLED A COMPLAINT AND STARTED AN INVESTIGATION INTO THIS BULL$#*! BUSINESS.

savannahw16
2/13/19

I ordered two dresses for a wedding and returned them, got an email that they received it and never heard back or got my money back. I sent multiple emails and they never responded. UGHHH

theresag105
2/10/19

My order was "processing" for almost a month. I contacted them twice to ask when my order would ship; received an auto reply once and no reply the second one. This is very disappointing and u will be reporting to the BBB

eroichn
2/7/19

My order was "processing" for almost a month, and then they canceled it? I contacted them twice to ask when my order would ship; received an auto reply once and no reply the second time. It looks like all but one of the items is still in stock (but now at a higher price); what happened?

lorit114
2/6/19

I have been shopping with Tobi for years and never had an issue..until now. I've had an order processing for over two weeks. I've sent multiple emails to their customer service email address and have gotten no response. In the past, they've always responded in a day or so. I'm not sure what's going on, but I am going to figure out how to cancel my payment and never shop there again. Are they even a real company anymore?!?

erins167
1/29/19

just don't do it

they won't send you your order or get back to you when you ask for a refund. incredibly frustrating

laurenf195
1/27/19

I never received a refund from items a returned over a month ago. I confirmed the items made it back to their warehouse and still nothing!

gabd5
1/24/19

Ordered a dress for a wedding January 03. It is still "processing". They do not have a phone number and when I email them its automated responses and never get answered. I wasted 90$ and it looks like I'll never see the dress (along with other items) or my money.

Is anyone taking legal action? This is a total scam!

SCAM OF A WEBSITE.

rh238
1/22/19

Not only did they send me the wrong item in my order, they also gave me the wrong address to return my item (literally given to me the day before I shipped my order). My package is now being returned to me (on my own money) because "incorrect address - recipient moved". Uh, what? So I basically wasted money on an item I didn't even order AND on shipping that item I can't even return. Waiting to hear back from their customer service about this bull.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here.

nicolec479
1/21/19

DO NOT order from this company if you are wanting an order in a timely manner. I originally ordered a dress the first week of Jan, they have not even processed it yet. Any time I email in asking for an update or finally at this point to cancel the order they respond with a generic "it take two days to process".... well its been about 19 days now. I was originally going to wear my purchase to a wedding in Savannah in the middle of Feb (noticed I purchased 6 weeks in advance thank goodness) and have now had to order from Nords. This company does not care about its customers and reminds me more of those cheap Chinese clothing scam companies than anything.

franc49
1/21/19

DO NOT DO IT!! ITS NOT WORTH IT!!

I ordered a dress almost 2 weeks ago for a gala, and it still hasn't come. It wasn't till after I payed for the dress and emailed them about any updates that they informed me that they were moving locations and were not going to make the 3-6 business day they promised at checkout! DO NOT EVEN BOTHER, TERRIBLE QUALITY, TERRIBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

ldltj
12/5/18

Don't buy from here - I finally gave in because I needed a cheap one time outfit. Bought (2) diff sizes to return the one that didn't fit.

They claim they never received return but it shows online it was scanned and "returned." They never gave me refund!!!! It's been about 8 months!!!

Will never shop here again.

karenw478
10/23/18

HAVE SENT 6 EMAILS IN 12 DAYS AND STILL NOT RESPONSE REGARDING RETURN...DOUBT I'LL EVER HERE FROM THEM!!!! HORRIBLE. SHORTS WERE CUTE BUT NOW WE ARE STUCK WITH EXTRA ITEMS AND CANNOT RETURN. UGH!!!!

sams552
10/12/18

DO NOT ORDER! I spent $200.00 on dresses for a wedding and i needed help with the return process(they do not include a shipping label even though it says they do on the website. I have sent over 3 emails and have yet to get a response. It has been over a week. YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!!!

erine44
10/10/18

They literally do not process returns. They do not respond. They do not refund your money. They take your clothes back and you never hear another peep. This should be illegal. Super disappointed as clothes were cute & affordable...but unless you plan on keeping everything you purchase, stay far far away from them.

elisabethm20
10/5/18

If I could give negative stars I would. My experience with online shopping on Tobi.com has been absolutely horrible. I returned items over a month ago and have yet to get my money back. I receive responses to my emails days later claiming that I will get my refund in 3-5 days and that they will send me the confirmation of my return, but I have yet to receive either. The only way you can even get in contact with them is via email (they don't have a customer service number available) and they don't respond in a timely manner. Their products are also way over priced for the quality. Tobi's customer service is HORRIBLE. They need to re-evaluate the way they communicate with their customers and provide a phone number to call so issues like this can be resolved in a timely manner. Beyond disappointed in this company. I will NEVER buy from Tobi ever again. DO NOT SHOP ON TOBI.COM.

kristinm146
10/2/18

I will not be shopping here again and I will be strongly discouraging everyone else from doing it too. They updated me about the return process and even let me track my package....so Why have I been waiting a month to receive my refund after they said it would take 14 days??? why have I not received an update? I've emailed them three times now and every time they said they were too busy to respond with no follow up. Horriblely impersonable. All I can say these people are thieves disguised as a clothing company.

I live in New Zealand and wasn't charged anything for taxes for my order!

By Lucy R.

Cancel the order until the error has been corrected. It's too hard to get a refund from them after the fact.

By Linda K.

I live in the Bay Area outside of their SF headquarters so I've rec'd my items with in 3-4 days typically.

By Liz G.

With your best interest in mind, I would advise that you return in separate packages with labels from each order and watch it closely from beginning to end of the return so it doesn't slip through the cracks. Get a tracking number for each also.

By Linda K.

Well I ordered my item 26 days ago and it still hasnt arrived...

By Esme o.

You should definitely use a measuring tape and measure your bust, hips, etc. Then compare to the size chart! :) I did that and ordered a large in everything and it fits perfect for me!

By Monica G.

No. I've ordered three days ago and my order is still processing.

By Sophie E.

Did you get it on time?

By G H.

Hey Lizzy, Im from Canada and mine came within 1 week :) Cross your fingers your will be on time for that party!

By Paige L.

I measured myself first and compared it to the chart and decided to go with xs. When i got the dress it fit exactly according to the size chart. So if i were an inch to big then the dress wouldn't have fit, luckily it did. So yeah, the size chart is pretty exact, at least with the dress i got.

By Naomi z.
Questions? Get answers from the Tobi staff and other customers.

Tobi?