Review of H&M

Tel: 855-466-7467
2018 Customer choice award

irmac13
2/19/19

This is for Tokyo stores in particular, as I haven't been to others.
It used to be a pleasant experience. Recently the staff in both the Odaiba and Shinjuku branches have been terrible. My clothes weren't folded but wadded up and thrust into the bag. Instead of running a price check, in which I was right about the price, the staff member just said no. More recently in the Shinjuku branch there were incorrectly priced items that weren't explained, and staff members called customers to the register without looking then walked away, leaving us to wonder if we had misheard. There was no eye contact, and no interaction on their part.
This service would be terrible even in North America, but in Japan it's truly pathetic. Even though I generally love the style, I've been shopping there much less because of the unhappy experiences.

halaa14
2/18/19

Firstly, H and M is one of the best international stores that I like, and as a result, the quality of their items is very good. However, their online store is unfortunately not as well organized as the physical locations. A few times, I ordered from their online store and they kept on making the same mistakes in my size. Additionally, I hadn't realized that apparently you cannot exchange or return items to the online store. A big store like H and M is going to lose so many customers for these mistakes, since no one likes losing his or her money. I hope H and M management fixes this.

marcosv12
2/10/19

The white shoes I bought, while nice-looking, fell apart completely in a matter of 4 months. I've only used them to go work. They were made to break.

novas6
1/26/19

My very first order with H&M, I was sent a wrong item out of 5 items I had ordered. I ordered a size M pack of pajama shorts and received an XXL sweater. How can someone not differentiate between the two clothing items?! I contacted customer service via email and the response I received was for me to send the item back with shipping waived, but I don't trust them to do that correctly either. They can't even send the correct item without a new order, which seems like bait and switch to me. "Purposely send wrong items to naïve customers and make more money off them in the process." What should happen is that they refund the customer automatically with picture proof of receipt and the wrong item sent. Or they send the correct item and eat the loss for incompetence/error, not expect the customer who spent money to jump through hoops to get a refund. I rather just steer clear of this company and spend my money at a company that has better customer service and policies relating to purchases. Guess I should have read the fine print before ordering online from H&M. Buyer Beware.

Tip for consumers: Do not order online from H&M. It is too much of a hassle and they send the wrong items then make the customer do all the work to remedy the error.

arielf12
1/12/19

H&m has a terrible online return policy. Even if you want to exchange an item for a different size you have to pay 5$ return fee. On top of that you cannot return in-store. I think this is personally very unrealistic considering h&m sizing is inconsistent. You cannot return an item to a store even if they carry it in store and you want to exchange a size. Which also is crazy. Better places to shop with better return policies.

justinj87
1/10/19

oh man. I had so many problems ordering these clothes it's not even funny. Horrible customer service reps. Promised things that never get done. was hung up on hold after 15 minutes six different times. No useful customer info was passed between the reps so I had to explain my situation to countless people repeatedly. I get told I'm receiving a discount and once again... nothing.. h&m is losing customers with their crap online purchasing system and uninformed CS reps that don't follow through with what they promise. I buy stuff online all day everyday && this is the worst customer service department I've ever talked to since online purchases started in the mid 90's.

janicej83
1/10/19

I had a coupon code discount for my next purchase (25% + free shipping valid on everithing) and it never worked, I wrote to the live chat for help and the agent was super rude. Poor online service.

reniahn
12/18/18

I have been with H&M for over a Decade. By far was one of my favorite stores until Sept this year. As you all know Aug-Sept is school year beginning and of coarse me being a First time mom to a Preschooler I ordered my daughter a whole new wardrobe for back to school. To make a long story short for some reason that order was delivered to one of my old addresses that i moved from 2 years prior. But if you guys knew me you would know ever since i had my now 4 year old i order from hm every month 1/2 to 2 months so the fact that i ordered from them right b4 this order and it came without a problem that time and sent to the wrong address this time still baffles me. But moving on that package eventually was scheduled to be returned. Customer service told me i would have my money back in days.... Never recieved it on that day. I called atleast six times over the period of 2 weeks and finally after a month i got word that it takes up to 14 days for you to get your refund. Remind you guys this was Sept. 3 and school started Sept 5 or 6 so I didn't receive my refund of $230 until Oct. 26. So you would think i would learn my lesson right? No, my Dumbass proceeds to order from them again on Nov. 2nd after i recieved my refund and this time its for Thanksgiving. What do you think happened? No, not that it was delivered to the wrong address... This second time it had to be returned due to UPS finding the box empty when they recieved it. Now, idk if H&M shipped an empty box or if UPS or H&M stole my items but that was another 3 weeks and again my Daughter didn't have clothes. But, of coarse I try to give them one more try and Yesterday I did it. I ordered my daughter's Winter Wonderland outfit thinking I would recieve it by this Friday because everytime I've ordered from H&M and it came to my house it's always been 2-3 business days but guess what?? Since its Christmas H&M takes 5-7 business days meaning.... Again, no outfit for my daughter's Recital. So, this morning I notice it hasn't shipped so I called Customer Service to see can I cancel it or change the shipping but they refused and hit me with "We only give people 5mins-1hour to Cancel an order" So, like the last two times I have no extra money to buy her something else so im definitely finding myself in a bind once again. My advice to you and the thing I learned from this is if you do buy online always have a backup plan and be prepared for $#*! to go wrong. This was honestly my last try. It's bitter sweet because I love H&M but it's not worth all of this foolishness. Below is a pic of my order history.. Good luck guys, and Merry Christmas.

katrinat21
12/17/18

H&M charged shipping fee automatically and relaying on customer to apply free shipping code on their own and refused to refund me the shipping fee for $7.99 + taxes after 3 days of purchasing over $100 dollar item. And they are the only company I know CHARGE RETURN FEE for $4.99 + taxes. So if you buy online and trying to return, you will lose ~$15 dollar just on shipping. BE AWARE!!!

piyushs13
12/12/18

Ordering online from H&M is the worst experience any online shopper can have. I have emailed twice for my return; still I have not received any mail as its reply. I was unable to contact H&M via call for consecutive three days in a row.

I won't recommend any of the online shopper to shop from this brand. They are just making fool of people in the name of Online shopping.

susanl435
12/4/18

DO NOT ORDER ONLINE! The store will not accept the return if you order online. Apparently their computers won't allow it. It's 2018 H&M programmers, get with it. How can your computers not be linked? Instead, you have to return the item by mail and they will deduct $4.99 before they refund you your money.
Also, be aware that you ONLY HAVE 30 DAYS to return your item. I ordered some pants in different colours to be sent to my daughter who is going to university in Montreal. Her birthday was November 3, and she received the parcel a day or two in advance (to be opened on her birthday). She chose which colour she wanted, and then brought me the other two pairs when she came back to Ontario December 1st so that I could return the unwanted colours. Past 30 days, no returns.
I am boycotting H&M. They have to realize that, in this day and age, customer service makes the world go around. Their service is terrible.

anetak3
11/30/18

very nice store with a lot of clothes to choose from at affordable prices. the clothes arrived fast and were a great fit

mss16
11/27/18

Nothing in this store is true to size! Would not suggest ordering offline. I caught a sale and bought 4 pairs of jeans and 2 sweaters. Nothing fit!!! I wear the same size in all other stores but here my jeans were too small and sweaters were too big. What a disappointment. Thankfully you can do in store returns

wendyl146
11/27/18

I ordered a outfit for my granddaughter online at approximately 9:00 pm, Monday night. When I got the email confirming my order, I saw that they doubled my order and I was charged twice when I checked my banking statement. I called the customer service department, which they stated there was nothing they could do. They said I had to wait for the delivery and return it to there store before they would credit my debit card. I informed them I lived out in them country and didn't have easy access the store but they still wouldn't stop the extra order. I'm currently in remission from having breast cancer and have had numerous surgeries in which the medical doctors have made me permanently disabled. Now my husband has to take back the items I didn't order because nobody including the manager in there customer service department gave a crap. I'll never ever again buy anything from H&M again. Signed Wendy S., in Alpine, Ca

samanthal25
11/25/18

So it all started when I found a jacket at an H&M in the mall that I liked. Of course they didn't have my size. That night I decided to buy it online. It's beem almost two weeks and I still do not have my jacket. They didn't send me an email telling me that my order was shipped. I called customer service, they insisted it's been shipped and gave me tracking number (their customer service line sucks btw, bunch of teenagers with attitude). So I asked if I could return the jacket in a physical store if I had to. NOPE. You are not allowed to return items in store , you have to send them back. It's 2019, get with the program H&M. Needless to say , I still haven't received my order. Winter will be over by the time I get this jacket. I highly suggest NOT to use their online website. Unless you want to wait forever and not be updated on your parcel whatsoever.

danas175
11/18/18

Great selection of items, they new items pretty often so it doesn't get very stale and boring, prices are affordable and the quality is good, can usually find something that I really enjoy wearing.

amyc395
11/10/18

Has some great clothing and wouldn't say the quality is that bad. However some pricing can be too high, best to shop n sales.

nanzm
11/8/18

Completely lost my Moschino order because of 'the algorithm'. Customer Service ZERO help, Manager Z.K. (only gives his initials!) was 'completely candid" with me. Tried several cards, different banks - all rejected by H&M! (We pay our cards IN FULL EVERY MONTH, so the excuse 'my bank' was COMPLETELY INACCURATE. I used different cards from different banks. Have written a letter to HQ in SWEDEN & COMPLETELY IGNORED (unless I can hope for a reply from 2 years ago). H&M IS CRAP

estellab3
11/4/18

I'm loyal client. I like my products, their prices are amazing! But customer service doesn't care about you... It is the only disadvantage that I see on their side.

jessieg36
11/3/18

I ordered from the website for the very first time and didn't realize that apparently you can't exchange or return items in store ... lol anyways I got my items, one was missing (a necklace I ordered) and so I called the customer service, they said they'd reimburse me and they did so fairly quickly. The other items I ordered were just crap. The only thing I liked were the pants but the shoes and bodysuit were terrible. I ended up keeping the bodysuit but I sent the shoes back and got a refund but honestly H&M.. get your $#*! together with your returns and exchanges. Had your policy been that I could exchange online products in store I would have done that instead of wasting my time sending the items back.

heatherl141
9/27/18

I've ordered from H&M online a few times in Canada and I've received my packages within a few days, and they've always been exactly what I had asked for. Items look the same online as in Person. They aren't the most durable, but you get what you pay for. I would recommend ordering from H&M Canada, I really have found them to be quite reliable.

frankl222
9/24/18

I love this store. There are huge assortment of my flavor clothes here. Almost all my clothes are from H&M. I like quality and price.

amp4
9/20/18

I recommend you shop from China instead of H&M located in USA, as you will definitely get your package even a week later than the package from China. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE

helend109
9/14/18

I ordered several items of my favorite brand.
I was surprised that it arrived even faster than I expected. But the quality of the closes was very bad. The colors were not so bright as on the picture and it looked very cheep.

ermannor
9/12/18

I've got a lot of clothes from here. I love most their style. Great store, solid prices...
Costumer service are so good ...

298 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the H&M staff and other customers.

1 Photo for H&M