American Eagle Outfitters

American Eagle Outfitters

www.ae.com

American Eagle Outfitters has a consumer rating of 2.99 stars from 74 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. American Eagle Outfitters also ranks 26th among General Apparel sites. The most common issues with American Eagle Outfitters are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• The other thing I like is they have jeans that come high on the hips.
  • The shipping is incredibly fast, I live very far away and in 4 days the order was in my doorstep.

• Not to mention their customer service is terrible.
  • Avoid from making any purchase from American Eagle Outfitters AT ALL COST!!!
How would you rate American Eagle Outfitters?

“Frequent customer”

Danni P.
4/10/20

I order from this company at least once a month and just love the products they have! The only time I encountered an issue is when I ordered a candle and it came broken into pieces. The representative I spoke with was helpful and kind. Their products are so cute and stylish and the prices are very affordable. Have always, and will continue, recommending others to this company.

“WORST experience ever!!!”

Carissa S.
1/8/20

If there was an option to only give half a star that's what I would choose. I had the WORST experience with American Eagle after ordering online. Customer service was no help whatsoever and she was rude as can be. The ordering, processing and shipping procedures with these people are dismal at best. It took them 5 days just to create a label for my order and keep in mind that I only ordered 2 items! Their website constantly freezes up and apparently cannot understand a simple command. Overall it was a very disappointing, frustrating experience. I DO NOT recommend American Eagle to ANYONE!!!!!!

customer service (12) american eagle (18) jeans (19) order (33) credit card (6) email (8) items (18) bank account (4)
carissas5
January 8th, 2020

Tip for consumers: DON'T!!!!

stephaniem1145
March 29th, 2020
Awful customer service. They lost an order of mine made it my problem and refused to refund me the money or even look into it. Other companies don't treat you this bad!
cynthiam124
August 14th, 2017
Aerie currently has a buy 1 get 1 free deal on bras. Both of the ones that I ordered arrived with major creasing on the inside of the cups. They do not look new. I talked to CS using the live chat option and was told I can do a return or exchange via mail. However, I declined since I am sure that the exchanged ones will be damaged as well. That is probably why they are on sale. She did not offer a partial refund or anything for me.
krish114
January 27th, 2020
I would give no stars if I could. Last two pairs of jeans I bought my son ripped in a month. And in the butt!! Contacted customer care w/ pictures and they told be to try to return to a store, which they couldn't guarantee a return. Never buying again!!
antonioo26
May 3rd, 2020
I bought some boxers for my kids that costed a total of 56. The big surprise came when the Fedex representative that brought the parcel made me pay 29 in border taxes. I leave in Spain. I did not receive any alert when I was placing my order, and my confirmation email did not say a word. I complained to customer service and they said that their general terms and conditions state that any taxes must be payed by the customer. In the moment I was complaining there was a big banner in American Eagle website stating that they cover any import taxes. How a bran can be so cynical. Dear sirs in Amercan Eagle I've lost 29, but you have lost much more that a customer.
dannip3
April 10th, 2020
keirrak
March 16th, 2017
I was shopping, minding my own buisiness, I was ready to check out and the girl (I think her name was Etsme) gave such attitude. Normally I would ignore it but this was the THIRD time I'd seen her in that store acting unprofessional. She was in even rude to her fellow employee. Deer Park, IL American Eagle, you have lost my buisiness until something gets done
yashs25
May 28th, 2020
Customer Care doesn't give a $#*! about their customers.
I doubt they must be getting even paid or Even there is a customer care unit.
They never answer calls nor live chats.
Never shopping again.
ahmadn8
October 15th, 2018
Pros: Products quality same like other brands within same price range i would call it fair
Product design & Fitting is a matter of personal judgment for me it is perfect

Cons: customer support is useless they keep spitting same replies in your face not even trying to find a solution even if the problem is from their side you can consider this brand is without customer support and this would be complement to them even
jessn25
May 13th, 2020
I've shopped at AEO for a long time! I can't tell you how many times I've ordered products from their website and I've almost always loved what I've received. Overall, the experience is pretty positive in terms of shipping. I always get my order on time. I do think that shipping items separately is a bit odd, I would prefer to have all of my items all at once as opposed to one or two things at a time but it's no biggie. As a 5'9 woman, it is difficult finding a decent pair of jeans that actually fit but at AEO there are so many different options to chose from and I absolutely adore their mom jeans.

One thing to note, if you aren't familiar with your jean sizing my advice is always measure yourself and compare those measurements to the measurements listed for the item because oftentimes their jeans all fit differently. Another thing to note is just how large everything runs. I'm more thick on the bottom so I typically wear an M/L on the top but I don't ever usually buy a large in anything AEO because almost all of their tops run really big, especially Aerie items.

I've heard/read mixed reviews when it comes to the quality of their jeans. I will admit their stretchy jeans aren't made of the most amazing-gonna-last-you-a-million-years type material but I don't mind because at least they're stretchy! I've purchased mom jeans that are just regular denim and I've had no issues with tearing or anything like that. The color of black jeans does fade over time but I think that's inevitable.

I will continue to purchase AEO jeans as they're the only ones that fit me well! I love their products and have never had a negative experience shopping with them.
ranbirn
September 9th, 2017
Such expensive jeans and their skinny fit jeans are not even skinny. They look so baggy. I regret buying jeans from here! Could've got cheaper ones at pacsun or H&M. But I will say they had some nice flannels and a camo shirt which I migh purchase in the future.
lorenav5
June 14th, 2019
I placed an order for 2 business day delivery. I checked the tracking number and there has been no movement for 4 days. I reached out to their Customer Service department and all they said was for me to wait 5 days and if I don't receive it to contact them again. Seriously? you can't even follow up with me? or contact UPS? I leave on vacation! no merchandise, no follow up, no refund. Horrible service!
annaw118
October 21st, 2017
Really nice and fashionable clothing but finding clothing is sort of difficult for short people like me. :D
tifffanyl
January 2nd, 2017
I ordered 4 items for christmas. All 4 items came 10 days later than expected delivery date and with the wrong items. So different from what i ordered that I assume they just shoved anything in the bag to get it out rather than telling me that the no longer have the items available. I ended up having to do some last minute shopping which is not fun at all. Sent it back and still no credit on my credit card. Never order AE online again. What an inconvenience
zeidaj
March 7th, 2016
While American Eagle was a great place to shop at reasonable prices, they have now incorporated a bit of greed into their business. Prices on items have increased and coupons are few. Their sizing is WAY off and many of their items are very thin and go not wash well. While I loved their brand, I see it changing and it may be time to move on. Sizes are not consistent across the board. A small in one item may be equivalent to a medium in another style. Very difficult to purchase online.
lyndseys2
March 21st, 2017
i bought jeans from here before for around $60.00, i got them and they had holes in the back. we tried to return them but they wouldnt let us. i also got a pair of pants for $50.00 and they were falling apart by the second week i wore them !
niallc7
May 15th, 2018
Hidden duty fees, they advertise in Google as "American eagle Ireland", they show prices in EUR, there is no mention of prices excluding taxes, and when you click more information on the free shipping promotion there is no mention of duty.

I will never be ordering from American eagle again and have advised other of this. Also there was no indication of duties being charged until a few days after delivery when I got a bill from FedEx.

Steer clear.
judiths139
May 18th, 2018
I feel like such a fool for trusting an American company. I'm an elderly lady in UK and thought we could trust Americans but I now realise they are the money grabbing, dishonest folk most of the world think they are. For America to allow one of their companies to rip off people around the globe they must have zero self respect. I'm glad I live in UK where we still have such a thing as integrity. Shame on you american eagle. That symbol of the eagle used to mean honour to your fore fathers. You bring shame to your country.
stephanief186
August 31st, 2019
I bought a pair of Khaki cargo joggers (short size 0) and a woven belt (women's small) off the website. I love these clothes. The pants are comfortable and not heavy, and the belt is good quality! I wish I had ordered the joggers in size 00 though, as they are very loose on me and don't sit on my waist where they are supposed to. The belt is also a bit too large, so I recommend if you are EXTRA petite and have a size 22 inch waist, get belts elsewhere. Overall I am happy with my purchase.
katei10
August 8th, 2019
I contacted customer service via chat; the rep asked how she could help and then disappeared for 20 minutes. She said she had sent a return label but it never arrived, not to my inbox nor to spam or elsewhere. She disconnected my chat without resolving the issue. I called customer service and the rep was very nice but the return labels that were said to be sent never came. I checked everywhere. I think it's AE's way of not paying for return shipping as promised, or to get people to go into the store to potentially buy more when they return. They were right on the business of taking my credit card for an exchange but the return administration is nonexistent. Why not include a return form with the items? Why not include a preprinted label like other companies do? Answer: they want to discourage returns, they don't want to pay for them as promised, and they want customers to have to go into the store to get their money back. It's that simple.
yulongh
June 24th, 2019
Placed an order for four clothing items total: one bikini top and three bikini bottoms. First, I thought it was weird that my order came out in two shipments, all while the bikini top still hadn't shipped after five days of placing my order. Today I received an email stating that my bikini top order had been canceled. Contacted customer service live chat first, and the representative disconnected from me while I was in the middle of typing a long reply with some bull$#*! about me "losing connection." Proceeded to then call customer service, was told that nothing could be done about my canceled order other than the obvious refund. One representatives told me that the item I ordered was low stock, while the other said that the item was out of stock, even though there is NOTHING on the website indicating this. If the item was out of stock, why the hell did I not get a notification until FIVE DAYS after placing my $#*!ing order? Customer service is a $#*!ing joke. They're admittedly nice enough but will all give you the same generic answers. I'm going out of the country for a month in a week and was hoping to receive my bikini sets before leaving, and now I'm having to scramble to find a bikini top in hopes that it will ship to my house before I'm gone. I can confidently say that I will not be ordering from AE anymore. I would've expected $#*! like this from Wish, but not AE.
stephanied38
October 15th, 2015
Granted I am really not a teenager anymore, I still love wearing this brand. I bought several items online & when they arrived I tried them on. I had to take a few shirts back because they didn't fit me right. When I took them into the store (I had both of my kids, 2 & 4, in tow) to return them one of the sales people were working on displays & asked me what I needed. I told them I had to return some things and they asked if I would like to exchange them for something else. I politely declined considering I had my kids with me or I would have. The person called a different person from the back to handle my return. Not exactly sure why this person couldn't have done it considering they were right there but whatever. Another sales person comes and does what she needs to do to refund me. Another sales associate comes up and starts talking to the first sales person that I encountered. The music in the store was a little loud but I could hear the conversation the two were having. They were talking about ME! Before I left I made sure I turned around to them and put in a few scents worth to them. I found it very unprofessional and most of all rude! If I ever have to return items to this store again, I will go to a different location!
anniem140
July 12th, 2019
Bought stuff online... returned much of it... had to wait almost an hour for them how to return it. Ridiculous... what a waste of my time!
tayp3
April 25th, 2019
I rarely leave reviews but I can't even believe this experience I recently had with AE. As part of my online order, were a pair of jeans.
Upon receiving them, they were stained, but it gets so much worse... the inside was COVERED with actual dry ehem... lady. fluid. And LOTS of it. I took pictures and sent this information to the corporate team, thinking they'd want to resolve this AWFUL disease-spreading encounter I had. But no- the way they reacted is why I am writing this review. They told me to have a good day and fill out the returns form and return them. So what so they can be sent to someone else to have this same experience!!? Wow. Not even a promo code was given to me to make up for this traumatic experience I had. I have to go out of my way to return these pants, so that hey can get delivered to someone else. For a $30 pair of pants, COMMON... most stores would take full responsibility so they don't lose customers. Especially a multi-billion dollar franchise like AE.
I am completely appalled by the quality and response. Never shop here, they do not value their customers or their items they send out.
kristieh5
Kristie H.
July 19th, 2017
American eagle website is terrible. They let you add things to your cart that is out of stock let's u put all your information in then says items in your bag are not available bit don't tell you which ones. WORST WEBSITE FOR SHOPPING EVER!!!!

I've always been able to reach them when I callit's never been a problem.

By Diane R.