Review of American Eagle

Tel: 888.232.4535
privacy@ae.com

lorenav5
6/14/19

I placed an order for 2 business day delivery. I checked the tracking number and there has been no movement for 4 days. I reached out to their Customer Service department and all they said was for me to wait 5 days and if I don't receive it to contact them again. Seriously? you can't even follow up with me? or contact UPS? I leave on vacation! no merchandise, no follow up, no refund. Horrible service!

tayp3
4/25/19

I rarely leave reviews but I can't even believe this experience I recently had with AE. As part of my online order, were a pair of jeans.
Upon receiving them, they were stained, but it gets so much worse... the inside was COVERED with actual dry ehem... lady. fluid. And LOTS of it. I took pictures and sent this information to the corporate team, thinking they'd want to resolve this AWFUL disease-spreading encounter I had. But no- the way they reacted is why I am writing this review. They told me to have a good day and fill out the returns form and return them. So what so they can be sent to someone else to have this same experience!!? Wow. Not even a promo code was given to me to make up for this traumatic experience I had. I have to go out of my way to return these pants, so that hey can get delivered to someone else. For a $30 pair of pants, COMMON... most stores would take full responsibility so they don't lose customers. Especially a multi-billion dollar franchise like AE.
I am completely appalled by the quality and response. Never shop here, they do not value their customers or their items they send out.

dianer240
4/2/19

I love this place...it's expensive, but their clothes hold up really wellmy daughter has had some of her jeans for more than 10 years. Super friendly customer reps.

bellam42
3/25/19

there clothes are really cute and there jeans are too but they are a bit expensive but they are worth the extra money

chrisp528
3/14/19

Don't try to bring a carry on unless it's really small... they don't allow standard carry on baggage to be "carried on"... I will not be flying with them again.

amyr259
3/8/19

I bought jeans for my boyfriend here. It fits perfectly and the quality is fine.
My bf looks so classy in those:) Thanks for the quick delivery

megank85
11/6/18

Wonderful jeans with beautiful design , colour and best quality, I recommend every body American Eagle.

ahmadn8
10/15/18

Pros: Products quality same like other brands within same price range i would call it fair
Product design & Fitting is a matter of personal judgment for me it is perfect

Cons: customer support is useless they keep spitting same replies in your face not even trying to find a solution even if the problem is from their side you can consider this brand is without customer support and this would be complement to them even

judiths139
5/18/18

I feel like such a fool for trusting an American company. I'm an elderly lady in UK and thought we could trust Americans but I now realise they are the money grabbing, dishonest folk most of the world think they are. For America to allow one of their companies to rip off people around the globe they must have zero self respect. I'm glad I live in UK where we still have such a thing as integrity. Shame on you american eagle. That symbol of the eagle used to mean honour to your fore fathers. You bring shame to your country.

niallc7
5/15/18

Hidden duty fees, they advertise in Google as "American eagle Ireland", they show prices in EUR, there is no mention of prices excluding taxes, and when you click more information on the free shipping promotion there is no mention of duty.

I will never be ordering from American eagle again and have advised other of this. Also there was no indication of duties being charged until a few days after delivery when I got a bill from FedEx.

Steer clear.

kathym140
4/23/18

Ordered a few times, excellent quality jeans and they should be per $60 a pair. Tops are men quality, rayon is NOT your friend cheap fabric these companies use and gouge you for top $$$$.

But shipping was fast and free and over all was happy with the jeans.

ashleys245
11/21/17

The employees are very nice and helpful. They have an awesome selection of clothes to choose from, and they are very cute! Best clothes around!

jamieb106
11/10/17

Im a short curvy girl amd their clothes alwaus fit me perfect! I dont buy jeans from anywhere else! Love me some American Eagle!!

laurenf43
11/9/17

I'm bawling my eyes as I'm typing this.

I ordered from American Eagle Outfitters. I ordered 8 items. 1 was supposed to be shipped separate which I received. 7 were supposed to be shipped in a box which arrived opened, with only a tee shirt inside. I contacted them and they told me that there was NOTHING that could be done, that because the package said it weighed 6.6lb they were in there when I received them which they were NOT. I contacted UP''s and was told only the sender could file a claim. These were gifts for my husband and my Secret Santa I got dragged into doing this year that I COULDN'T even afford at this time. I received a Tee Shirt and a Sweater I have now technically paid $248 for. I hope they can live with their selves for this. They have lost a customer for good!

liamr12
10/24/17

Best fitting, most comfortable jeans ever. And great sizing on button-down shirts. Also most comfortable boxer briefs. They beat CK on comfort and price.

annaw118
10/21/17

Really nice and fashionable clothing but finding clothing is sort of difficult for short people like me. :D

kellyn45
10/19/17

Hit and miss. Sometimes this place has good quality stuff. Some of it is cheap quality, but overall its ok for the price. Will shop here again.

minhn9
9/18/17

Avoid from making any purchase from American Eagle Outfitters AT ALL COST!!! Why? It's because they scammed me.

Here's my story: last night, I discovered that American Eagle Outfitters was having a clearance on their website via social media and I decided to reward myself with some brand new clothing. I went on their website and started to browse around and found a nice pair of chino and a flannel shirt. I placed them in my cart and then proceeded to checkout. But then I discovered that I could get 25% off my order if I use their mobile app to checkout (it was on a banner). So, I decided to install the app onto my smartphone and then went to the checkout to only discovered that I needed to shop more to get the discount... Okay... I decided to shop more and add more things to my cart, and the message still persisted for me to shop more to get the discount. What in the world...? I decided that it was not worth the time to decipher the false advertisement and just checkout.

However, I then discovered another advertisement where if I applied for their store credit card, I could get a discount on my order! Woohoo; so being a frugal guy that I am, I applied for their credit card via their website online only to discovered that I had to make a phone call... Uh, okay? So, I called the number that was provided on my screen and I ended up waiting for a LONG time until a person finally picked up and made me go through some nuisance security tests before I could finally get my darn credit card.

But then I found out something terrible. I WON'T GET TO USE THE CREDIT CARD UNTIL IT'S DELIVERED TO ME. Seriously? Really? American Eagle Outfitters pretty much scammed me of my credit score in applying for their store credit to not being able to use it until I get it in 1-2 weeks... A bunch of bull****. You know, they could've like... I don't know, STATED THAT IN THE AD BANNER. Instead of being vague, they should've put that out there in BOLD lettering. Other stores don't do this. Macy's doesn't do this. Best Buy doesn't do this. When you apply for a store credit card, you should have it INSTANTLY. So, thanks for dropping down my credit score and doing a hard check on my credit report.

ANYWAYS, once I got my credit card, I finally went back through the checkout again ONLY to find out that one of my item in my card WENT OUT OF STOCK. Are you serious? Can this night get any worse? SO, I had to find another item that was similar because I really wanted one and added it to my card.

After that whole fiasco was done, I finally tried to checkout again and paid via PayPal and everything went through.

PHEW!!! It's all over right? I can just wait and get my stuff now, right?! No, not at all. There is no happy ending to this story. The next day, I woke up to an email saying that my order got canceled to a security issue... ARE. YOU. SERIOUS? Let me copy and paste the email that I got:
"Dear Minh,
To enhance security, your order was pulled for additional verification. For your protection, this order was not allowed to process further and has been canceled. You will not be charged."
WHAT??? What does that even MEAN?! Is that another way of saying, "Oh, hey. The items you ordered last night went out of stock, sucks for you." Please, somebody tell me what "enhance security" means? I checkout on their official website, using my PayPal account (which I've use numerous time on other websites recently with no issue), and everything was official and went through correctly. And you're telling me you had to cancel my order because for ENHANCED SECURITY? Is this a damn joke?

Oh, it doesn't end there, my friend. I then decided to call them as it was an option stated in the email.

I called and went through a bunch of robot messages and menu options to a waiting room. After waiting and waiting and listening to the dreadful elevator music, I got hung up. What? I WAITED FOR LIKE AN ETERNITY AND GOT HUNG UP. I tried to call back, and then got a robot telling me that the call hours are over. Oh, yeah. In case you don't know, their call center is only open from 8-5pm EST, Monday - Friday. That's basically 4-1pm PST for ME.

Honestly, I was just done at that time. I've tried my damn best as a consumer to buy some stupid clothes from the website and I just had the worst retail experience that I've ever encountered in my whole entire life.

Oh, I also forgot to mention that they haven't even refunded my money. Yeah, I'm looking at my bank account right now and it's just gone.

In final words, American Eagle Outfitters scammed me with false advertisements about their mobile app discount and applying for a credit score; in which wasting my space on my smartphone and using suspicious permissions and dropping my credit score, and blatantly stealing my money and not returning it.

AVOID DOING BUSINESS WITH AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS AT ALL COST!!!

Tip for consumers: Just stay away, please. Shop at any other retail store.

ranbirn
9/9/17

Such expensive jeans and their skinny fit jeans are not even skinny. They look so baggy. I regret buying jeans from here! Could've got cheaper ones at pacsun or H&M. But I will say they had some nice flannels and a camo shirt which I migh purchase in the future.

coreyp21
9/2/17

Order # 6126451966. Order yesterday 9/1. Forgot we had a holiday on Monday. So most likely my order wouldn't be shipped until 9/5. Need to product by Friday. I chatted online on Friday asking if we can change the shipping and she said to check tomorrow since it was a new order. So I did the chat today and the lady said she can't do anything to help me. So I asked for a phone number just in case she didn't have the authority to change the shipping. She said they can't do anything for me. So now I'm in a bind and seems like nobody from AEAGLE seems to care. I have bought several products from them. Unfortunately they don't carry my size in stores so I have to use online shopping. Order from them another time and it didn't fit and had to pay an outrageous price to return the item, I think around $15. I did it no problem. But for a company not to help in my situation is really frustrating. This is the last time I use this company for anything. Please be aware.

renaem5
8/17/17

i love this store and have been shopping here for years! they are on the expensive side but great quality

cynthiam124
8/14/17

Aerie currently has a buy 1 get 1 free deal on bras. Both of the ones that I ordered arrived with major creasing on the inside of the cups. They do not look new. I talked to CS using the live chat option and was told I can do a return or exchange via mail. However, I declined since I am sure that the exchanged ones will be damaged as well. That is probably why they are on sale. She did not offer a partial refund or anything for me.

kristieh5
Kristie H.
7/19/17

American eagle website is terrible. They let you add things to your cart that is out of stock let's u put all your information in then says items in your bag are not available bit don't tell you which ones. WORST WEBSITE FOR SHOPPING EVER!!!!

jaimef19
7/2/17

Shipping only took about 3 days for where i live, clothes fit to description, nothing wrong with anything!

jennyf46
6/8/17

I have recently purchase some items on their website with my credit card but when my monthly statement came, I see there are some fraudulent charges. I have only use that card to purchase from this website, so I am sure my information was leaked when I made the purchase.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I've always been able to reach them when I callit's never been a problem.

By Diane R.
Questions? Get answers from the American Eagle staff and other customers.

6 Photos for American Eagle