Review of Uniqlo

Tel: 1-855-486-4756
wecare@mail.uniqlo-usa.com

albinam3
1/8/19

I ordered 3 items from their online shop and the parcel was lost, the customer service is useless, they don't do anything. I found a lot of bad reviews of Uniqlo too late. I was not the only one whom they robbed. They are just thieves, stay away from them.

mariec220
12/30/18

I like Uniqlo products but I'm very unhappy that they refuse to unsubscribe me from their emails even though I kindly asked them several time. To top it off I was interested in one of their jackets so they have harassed me by reminding me that it's abiut to be out of stock with at least 3 mails in one day! This is TOO much!! I'd be more apt to purchase something if you would leave me alone!

rachaell47
12/17/18

I ordered 5 items online that were the incorrect size. So, I called the customer service, which underestimates the wait time on the phone. I asked how I could exchange the items, and they notified me that the only way to exchange the items is in a physical store, where they would assist me, and there is no way to see if they have the items in stock or to have the items reversed.

After waiting in line for 20 minutes to exchange the items, I was notified that I had to go find the five items independently. Then I was told that they could only exchange four or the items because one was an online exclusive. However, the manager said that if I called the customer support, they should be able to exchange the online exclusive item.

When I called the customer support, they said that they do not re-ship items, so the only thing I can do is to return the item. So, basically, there is no way to exchange anything that is an online exclusive, which is fine, but it should say that on the website, and the first customer service representative should have said that on the first call. I will be going back tomorrow to return everything and will no be buying from here again.

The reason that I have Uniqlo two stars is that their clothing is pretty good quality for the price point, but it's not worth the hassle, the unknowledgeable customer service representatives, or a business where the services offered do not communicate or work together.

tonyc293
12/1/18

worst customer service! waited 40 mins and no one picked up the phone call! The website is even worst, transaction failed when placing the orders no on e in the store can help

jackw223
10/24/18

Placed an order, 8 days went by still not shipped.
Still in processing status. Try to call, got put on hold for long time.

paulusc
10/6/18

Sent my clothes in for refund a while ago. All my inquiries about the refund situations fell on deaf ears. There were no replies at all. It is very ironic their email adress is "wecare@mail.uniqlo-usa.com". They definitely do not care at all.

jacobe37
9/19/18

Expect to experience delays with your online orders. If you call to question about the status of your order, you will be told to wait one or two more days when it's already past the day advertised.

If your order is still not yet shipped, they will take no action unless you call them again. It is a recurring case that I experienced with my past orders. Sometimes they do give online promo codes to compensate for any inconvenience, but oftentimes, they don't. It is almost another 3-day job to check on your order.

They don't seem to care about improving their customer service or find out about what went wrong with the order and fix the recurring issue.

It's up to customers to be frustrated and can do nothing about it. Very disappointing. I thought they would make improvements and progress in offering a better service online but they haven't.

yuliyav4
9/8/18

I always shop for my basic base items in there. They have my small size and funny tops! I love there are a lot of affordable and cute prints in there. I didn't expect that but they make great lingerie. I love cotton shorts panties the most - so comfy and cute!

lauraisless
9/5/18

The best shop for perfect clothing. Good quality items which are reasonably priced. I would highly recommend you to buy your clothes from there.

lievev2
7/3/18

I just come back from the Brussels Uniqlo shop. What was supposed to be a nice shopping experience for me, ended in a real nightmare. At the exit a security man held me saying one item had not been paid. The man at the cashier behaved like he had never seen the trousers I was supposed to have stolen. I was taken to a white room upstairs with one seat. I had to sit down and wait for another security man watching the purchase at the cashier on camera. With twice "I am sorry' in French although I am Dutch speaking, I was sent away. This is not customer care. Be polite until it is proven you are a thief. I was treated like a thief although I did not make any mistake but ever entering this shop. This will certainly be the last time as well....

cynthian49
6/29/18

These days, it's all about customer service, and Uniqlo just dropped the ball for me big time. I am actually quite happy with my purchases, but then I noticed that several items I'd purchased online just days before had now gone on sale. I called their customer service number, waited 40 minutes to reach a person, explained my situation, and was told, "I'm really sorry, but we don't do price adjustments." Yep, you should be sorry, because I'll be seriously rethinking purchasing from here on out.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Don't expect your efforts reaching out to be rewarded

davody
4/23/18

Uniqlo.com collects NYS sales tax on exempt clothes.NYS= State clothing and footwear sales tax exemption. They do this for other states that exempt certain purchases
Beginning April 1, 2012, clothing, footwear, and items used to make or repair exempt clothing1 sold for less than $110 (per item of clothing or per pair of footwear) will be exempt from the states 4% sales and use tax (sales tax).
Amazon, LandsEnd, Eddie Bauer and many other online retailers have billing programs that do not include these taxes. Uniqlo says the consumer must contact them for a refund. Illegal to collect sales taxes for goods that are not taxed.

janetc15
3/19/18

The clothes are alright. I don't believe that the quality is around the same as F21 as someone else here stated; that's an exaggeration. I've had clothes from UNIQLO since 2011 and they all been fine and I can't say the same for F21. I just don't like the experience of shopping on their website. I was double charged on my card and on top of that, I was charged sales tax on clothes when NYC has a tax exemption of clothing under $110.

The website also shows items that are completely out of stock which is really annoying. Returns aren't free but so what.. if that's an issue, I don't know why people still shop here and complain about return shipping costs. I have't had to exchange anything so I can't say much for that. As for returns without tags attached, no retailer I know would EVER take returns for clothes with no tags attached. Seriously, people here expect something from nothing.

emilym163
12/26/17

Inconsistent sizing, poor quality (worse than forever21 and H&M) and no free shipping or returns. Customer service promised me free shipping with exchanges. However still got money deducted basically paid over $13 just to try on ill fitting and poor quality clothing. Still waiting for refund. Done with this company

hookera
12/10/17

Their sizes are ridiculous! Sometimes a medium is as big as a plus size, other time a medium is short and tiny likes cropped shirt. Its website is totally slow and unreliable. Customer services sucks. Return policy terrible. They wont allow returned if the tag is not attached. Do not buy their cheap stuff.

ac753
8/9/17

Terrible return policy. No exchanges on any baby items, even if it's completely unopened sealed in its original package. it's UNOPENED, NEW, SEALED. Why a global business cannot accommodate for a simple gift exchange (when Amazon has 3 months exchange on all baby items, even free returns, when just about everything in retail stores can be exchanged)--I do not understand.

Terrible customer service too. At store and online, simply said to go look at the policy. Your policy is ridiculous for such a large retail business.

I discovered Uniqlo in Asia and US. Clearly Uniqlo Canada sucks.

Please don't buy baby gifts from here since its not exchangable and baby needs always changes.

daisyl21
8/2/17

Uniqulo is giving out wrong information. I signed up for special offer and received a coupon code immediately, but I noticed it was for AU not for USA. So I sent an email to Uniqulo customer service about this situation and they said to call directly at Uniqulo customer service so they can help me out placing an order. So I called them but no, they didn't really tried to help me out placing an order with coupon code. They told me to re-sign up for USA page and wait up to 3 business days to receive the coupon code. Actually on their website shows as, "Sign up for Uniqlo News and get a special WELCOME OFFER within 24 hours." If it's really up to 3 business days, CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION ON YOUR WEBSITE AND DON'T MISLEADING CUSTOMERS. Plus, they were very unkind every time I call. Their voice sounded annoyance like blaming and lazy tone. Also I'm not sure if they're allowed to eat while on the phone, but one of the agent sounded like eating and swallowing something while talking. And I noticed that if you had good talking with them, they ask you for a survey before end the call and run the survey system right away. But if it wasn't a good talking, they don't run the survey system. This is totally cheating. Uniqulo was new to me so I shopped for few times, but not any more. Overall, It was very bad experience for me.

hollyg39
8/1/17

I am a fan of their down jackets and other items. I always use the "collect at convenience" store option as I have a horrible neighbour and despite me asking couriers not to leave things with him, they do, and I never get them.

The last THREE orders I have placed have been lost. When I track with HERMES, I see "missing pre-advice" and this means the item is now lost and will be returned to Uniqlo. After the first 2 orders Uniqlo advised me this was an IT error and was now fixed. I placed another order. Same thing has happened again.

This particular order was a gift for my God Daughter's birthday which she specifically asked for.

After the first 2 lost orders I did get a response from them giving me codes for 10% off and free postage but to be honest I don't think I will be using them again.

juanj33
1/18/17

Transactions show cancelled and after a day are shipped duplicating the purchase, even when a customer service agent was contacted and confirmed it was cancelled.
Impossible to unsubscribe to the promotional emails.
Recommendation: do not purchase using the web

herves1
12/5/16

Uniqlo makes good clothing at affordable prices. However don't order it on their website. They have no telephone service, no live chat, it takes several says before they respond to emails and they write nonsense. I wrote several emails to complain that I never received my order, and after several days they wrote back to say that they will refund after I have returned the order.... that I did not receive. This company should be banned from e-commerce until they have their processes right so that they abide to the law.

bobh130
9/22/16

Their t shirts are junk. Mine developed holes after 1st wash. Company told me to pound sand. Don't buy their awful merchandise. Zero customer service.

ruslanm2
2/1/16

Very good clothing but to buy it online is very problematic, site is very unstable often.

jty
12/29/15

The items we ordered were great quality. The sizes on both items ran smaller than the chart suggestions. Had to return for a larger size; however, customer service was very helpful.

theresad21
11/8/15

I purchased a fleece jacket last fall in their Philadelphia store. Through one of the toughest winters in memory, that jacket kept me warm and was a perfect fit - for less than $20. I'm buying most of my fall and winter clothes here now.

rosauroq
7/21/15

the comfort of wearing soft and 100% cotton really gives you the feeling of peacefull and relaxed..

Questions? Get answers from the Uniqlo staff and other customers.

4 Photos for Uniqlo