Review of Windsor

Tel: +1-323-973-4224
info@windsorstore.com

leighj23
7/31/19

Bait and switch. I ordered an outfit with shoes. Received outfit and days later received an email that my order for shoes is cancelled. Not ok. Express mail a waste as the outfit is not available. Windsor offers items for sale which they don't have.

anayelyg
6/26/19

It was my first time ever shopping at Windsor. The BREA MALL location. I was there on 6/20/19 & I purchased a very nice burgundy dress. Coming home that day I checked out there website & I see that the dress I had just purchased for almost $200 was on sale for $70. I decided to place the order online & return the more expensive one. So I did. On 6/24/19 four days after my in store purchase I went in to return the dress & a manager named Ashley said I was not able to return my dress because it was final sale. When I purchased the dress the cashier did not tell me it was final sale. Had I known that I would not have ordered the other dress online. I was very upset & asked if there was anything she can do for me this one time because now I had 2 dresses exactly the same. She said there was nothing she can do but only give me store credit. That was $200 going to waist. I probably asked her about 5 times if she can please return the dress this one time & she said no. Then this lady which I don't know her name but I so wish I had asked her for her name who she said she was also a manager there. She was tall, light skin with blonde hair very kind lady said she would return the dress for me this one time because she wanted my first experience with Windsor to be a good one. I was so thankful for her to take action upon this situation to satisfy a customer. As to the manager named Ashley from my personal experience she needs a more understanding attitude. I left there was a bit attitude she didn't really want to hear my explanations & when I asked for her name she responded with attitude & turned her back twards me quick.

mariah316
6/10/19

I order from their online store and nothing fit (their measurements are wrong) so I went to my local store to return the items, but the lady who works there said I can't because I used PayPal and the only way to return my item is to ship them back by mail. This is crazy! that shouldn't be a problem, I always used PayPal and I had never had this issue before. Don't shop from here!!!. Customer service don't care, they only want your money.

camillec36
5/9/19

We ordered the dress on a Tuesday and arrived (in Toronto) the following Monday!!!! We are pleased with the quality of the dress and the price was reasonable

nicoleb438
4/21/19

I ordered a dress in store with the help of the cashier at Windsor Fashions in Las Vegas on April 8th. This beautiful dress was going to be for my sorority formal on Friday April 26th, 2019. According to Windsor Customer service the package was shipped out on 4/8 by USPS and delivered to a parcel locker on 4/10. Well I NEVER RECIEVED MY DRESS. I immediately called Windsor to inform them of the issue and the lady over the told me this matter had to be resolved my credit card company. I called them too. I even went down to the post office and waited in line for half an hour to speak to the supervisor. Who told me "We are so sorry. What most likely happened was that the key to open your parcel locker was placed into some other person's mail box. There is nothing we can do". So I called Windsor who basically told me yeah that sucks but hey you can buy another dress until this get's sorted out. BUT ANOTHER DRESS, ANOTHER 200+ dollar dress!?!?! Why not just send me a new one? Its not about the money, I just want my dress! Your whole thing is about making girls feel beautiful but all I feel is stressed out and cheated.

WINDSOR DO RIGHT BY YOUR CUSTOMERS WHEN IT IS THINGS THEY CANNOT CONTROL.

kiras21
3/30/19

Every time I order from here shipping takes forever..I typically only purchase from them for special occasion dresses and every order I have had has been late (even when I'm paying extra for fast shipping). Not sure what the issue is but it needs to be addressed.

moniqueh45
3/14/19

I PRE ORDERED THIS DRESS ON MARCH 1ST WAS TOLD THE DRESS WILL BE SHIPPED BY MARCH 17 . I CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE AND GAVE THEM MY ORDER NUMBER THEY STATED THE DRESS WILL BE SENT OUT IN MAY. I NEVER RECIEVED ANY EMAIL. TO MAKE IT EVEN WORSE THEY ARE TELLING PPL THE DRESS WILL BE IN MID TO LATE MARCH ON THE WEBSITE. VERY DISAPPOINTED THIS DRESS WAS FOR MY DAUGHTER JR PROM.

kashaunaj
2/14/19

So basically I had forgot to put it the correct billing address (I used my campus address on accident) and then it said decline because I didnt put in the correct address, so I did it and my card went through TWICE! So instead of paying $35.00 , I paid $70!!!!!! I called them and then they said it's gonna take 2-10 business days for me to get MY MONEY back!!!!!! Worst online store ever I don't recommend

shawnn55
2/8/19

Worse company ever. Wifey bought a dress for the New Years, dress dyed her body, watch, sheets, even the seat in our car. Talked with the store who said we don't manufacturer this. I look at the label it says WIndsor for manufacturing. I call the store back, well you know what I mean, I didn't manufacturer this so I have idea with caused this.

I then reach out to corporate takes days to get back to me, then another 2 weeks, they quickly want offered to take the dress back and reimburse expenses. Get a call back another 2 weeks later saying can't reimburse you for everything.

ALL THE MEAN WHILE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE ITEMS. HOW ABOUT MY WIFE WHO IS STILL DYED BLACK FROM THE DRESS ABSORBING CHEMICALS 1 MONTH LATER HER SKIN IS DYED. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HERE. TURNED MATTER OVER TO LAWYERS. JUST CRAZINESS, WORSE COMPANY EVER. RIGHT THERE WITH WELLS FARGO, VOLKSWAGEN, WINDSOR

mykab
2/1/19

Based on the reviews I've seen most are only talking about customer service... My question is this. Is the quality of the fabric good and does the dresses fit accurately to the sizing chart ?

sarahw391
1/19/19

I shop at Windsor store very often because i really like their selection of clothes but every single time i come in the store the workers are very rude. The stores in Memphis, TN are complete trash; especially Oak Court Mall. The workers are always standing around talking about their weekends instead of attempting to help their customers. They don't even acknowledge you when you come in the store. The oak court mall location need to fire all their workers and hire new people that act like they actually like their job.

neysag
1/15/19

I had the displeasure of learning that I missed the window for a return I purchased 12/22/18, I was to have returned it by 1/7/19 because any purchases made between 11/24/18 and 12/24/18 had to be returned by 1/7/19. So if I had bought the skirt during the Black Friday, I get more time to return, but since I bought it right before Christmas I got less time to return. Does that make sense?

annar1183
1/3/19

I have items that I need to return and when I came to a store in Orange the representative was very rude to me and said that I took labels away and then placed it back and they will not accept it for a return. It was very disrespectful and ruined my day.The photos of labels are attached and every one can see that nothing happened to them. I bought these clothes two days ago I even didn't take the them from the bag. I will never again come back to the Windsor!

kaciem4
1/3/19

I called right after I placed an order to cancel it and they said they would do that no problem and that nothing has been charged. My card got charged TWO days later and now I have an overdraft fee from it. I called and both the rep and the Manager were very snotty about it and basically said it's my problem and they aren't going to cover the charges. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

elizabethf303
12/28/18

Bought 3 dresses online, tried to return 2 to store and was told they had to be shipped . Contacted online they said to bring to store. Contacted online again and received return label which would require me to pay shipping. Sent back and never received credit. 6 emails to customer service and all I got was too bad' and no help.

jordanas
12/24/18

I ordered a package over a week ago, one of those order today guarantee to arrive by the 24th. Well since I was going out of town on the 25th I was very happy to hear it would arrive on the 22 instead! After the 22 came and went, the delivery updated to the 26, well after I will be gone. I called the costumer service and the person was nothing but rude, she would not let me change the shipping address, cancel the order, or do anything along those lines. Now I am just expected to have $170 worth of clothing stolen off my porch and they do not seem to care at all. I was very shocked with how rude the costumer service was, and now know better than to online shop here.

mayaj7
10/25/18

Tried to place an order for a few dresses for a wedding I'm attending. Figured I should order a few styles to see which one fit best and would return the rest to my local Windsor store. Total came out to over $300 which is normal for me considering I tend to over order to keep what I want and return the rest. After my order was placed, I received an email from Windsor stating that they need to verify my order because there was an issue with shipping/billing address with my credit card. After reading that, I knew that wasn't true because all of my information was correct and I usually place orders with my American Express for clothing purchases over $300 so I knew it wasn't a notification from my credit card. I figured I would just go ahead and call while I was on my lunch break (since the email stated that all I needed to do was provide my shipping and billing address again). When I called I could barely hear the representative, their background noise was extremely loud. After repeating my information to her (name/address/email/phone)..she then told me that she needed my full credit card number and the 1800 number on the back of the card. As I was on my lunch break and don't carry all of my credit cards on me at all times, I didnt have the credit card on me. She told me I would have to call back and re-verify within 24 hours. I was honestly stunned. I have never had this issue with any other online store and I have been shopping online for over 15 years. I understand verifying a large order but if a customer provides the same billing and shipping address that matches with their credit company, is it really necessary to also ask your customer to then provide the 1800 number on the back of their credit cards? That is ridiculous. Tried to call back once I got home to re-verify, but they are closed. This means I would have to wait until tomorrow to re-verify and they don't ship on the weekends so my order actually wouldnt be processed until Monday. Will shop elsewhere.

celiak7
9/20/18

Positive: dresses came quickly - positive experience ordering; liked 2 of the 4 dresses

Negative: $49.00 shipping cost from UPS/cheapest way to return 2 of the 4 dresses in the original box they came in. The site does not offer a return shipping label where the retailer would deduct a REASONABLE amount ($8.00 to return to Prom Dress online store for example).

I live in a small town over an hour's drive one way to decent shopping for homecoming dresses, etc., so I ordered online for my daughter.

In today's market of online shopping, choose another retailer unless your are 99% POSITIVE OF THE DRESSES DESIGN/FIT, ETC.
I shop a lot online and never experienced anything like this to ship back a product.

ceciliad17
9/20/18

I've been a customer for years now but this wedding season/birthday season, I took a gamble and ordered my dresses online. I'm familiar with the good quality of materials Windsor uses but when it comes to sizing sometimes you just won't know till you try it on. However I was pleasantly surprised to find that both dresses I ordered fit beautifully & ran true to size. I am so excited to wear these bad boys out. I ordered shoes as well and other than the fact they're a little slippery than I would like, it's nothing a little non-slip grip can't fix. Thank you Windsor for the fast delivery too, my items came in the mail 3 days early. Very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a formal dress without breaking the bank.

Tip for consumers: I would definitely try on a dress in store prior to making an online puchase just so you can get an idea of where you fit on the sizing scale.Good Luck to all of you beautiful ladies.

kimb473
9/5/18

BEWARE OF USELESS GIFT CARDS. I was excited after receiving one for my birthday but then "policies changed" you cannot order online or by phone. They rarely stock XL anything, so three trips later to Windsor Stores, it was a huge waste of time and money.

lisbethl
7/25/18

I went to a Windsor store at a near mall at 8:30pm, the mall closes at 9pm, my daughter picked out a dress to try on, she proceeded to the fitting room and the attendant told her the fitting rom was closed. I understand that they wanted to leave on time, but it been a Friday night and with a lot of people in the store and with 99% of their merchandise being dresses, in our for a customer to make a decision on a purchase they need to try the dress on. I just don't know how many people will buy a dress without trying them on, specially since it was for a very special event. The attendant was rude, I asked her how are customers suppose to try on dresses before they purchase them, she stated 'YOU CAN'T'.... Mind you I worked in retail before so I understand I will never leave stuff in the fitting room specially 30 minutes before closing time, that was just rude and bad customer service. You don't want to work mall hours nor give good customer service, simple, QUIT. it's such ashamed because I like the clothing and prices are decent but I will never go there again. Luckily I was able to find a store in the mall where my daughter was able to try a dress an purchased it.

deec97
5/25/18

This is so sad because I love buying their items in store when I visit Cali. I went on a whim to buy online since I had good luck in person, I ordered a dress, so I thought, because it was in the DRESSES section. but no, it was a top. Sure blame me for not reading top, but who pays detail to a dress name? not me. I was excited to wear it out tonight and to my dismay it was a package the size of my palm with something that looked like string. the top was horrible when i tried to just make it work because of seeing the shipping cost to send it back. My boobs were spilling out because there was a huge gab between the fabric and my boobs. Contacted customer service, she said she didn't see it in the dresses section, screenshot and sent it to her and she said okay, but you didn't read the description. Um... i'm shopping for dresses not reading why I need it. Had to still pay for the stupid label. Never again.

jasminel35
5/13/18

I found the perfect dress on the website and it arrived within a week and fit me so well! Thank you so much I've never been so happy with an online store. I'm in love!

annak195
5/1/18

I got my social dress there and no matter how many times I tried on the dresses, they made sure I found one that I liked. And one of the worker at Windsor Rockingham, Emily was a really great help. She's really great at finding the perfect dress for people.

ml213
4/30/18

I would give a zero star if I could. I purchased a dress from website and it came in completely different that what was described, super cheap material and loose threads. Called customer service and explained and asked for shipping label which they refused. Never purchasing from them again!!!

Their shipping is slow. You can return but return shipping is not free for evening gowns (evening gowns cannot be returned to stores so they must be shipped back).

By Jennifer S.

Questions? Get answers from the Windsor staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Windsor