Review of Windsor

Tel: +1-323-973-4224
info@windsorstore.com

kashaunaj
2/14/19

So basically I had forgot to put it the correct billing address (I used my campus address on accident) and then it said decline because I didnt put in the correct address, so I did it and my card went through TWICE! So instead of paying $35.00 , I paid $70!!!!!! I called them and then they said it's gonna take 2-10 business days for me to get MY MONEY back!!!!!! Worst online store ever I don't recommend

shawnn55
2/8/19

Worse company ever. Wifey bought a dress for the New Years, dress dyed her body, watch, sheets, even the seat in our car. Talked with the store who said we don't manufacturer this. I look at the label it says WIndsor for manufacturing. I call the store back, well you know what I mean, I didn't manufacturer this so I have idea with caused this.

I then reach out to corporate takes days to get back to me, then another 2 weeks, they quickly want offered to take the dress back and reimburse expenses. Get a call back another 2 weeks later saying can't reimburse you for everything.

ALL THE MEAN WHILE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THOSE ITEMS. HOW ABOUT MY WIFE WHO IS STILL DYED BLACK FROM THE DRESS ABSORBING CHEMICALS 1 MONTH LATER HER SKIN IS DYED. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HERE. TURNED MATTER OVER TO LAWYERS. JUST CRAZINESS, WORSE COMPANY EVER. RIGHT THERE WITH WELLS FARGO, VOLKSWAGEN, WINDSOR

mykab
2/1/19

Based on the reviews I've seen most are only talking about customer service... My question is this. Is the quality of the fabric good and does the dresses fit accurately to the sizing chart ?

sarahw391
1/19/19

I shop at Windsor store very often because i really like their selection of clothes but every single time i come in the store the workers are very rude. The stores in Memphis, TN are complete trash; especially Oak Court Mall. The workers are always standing around talking about their weekends instead of attempting to help their customers. They don't even acknowledge you when you come in the store. The oak court mall location need to fire all their workers and hire new people that act like they actually like their job.

neysag
1/15/19

I had the displeasure of learning that I missed the window for a return I purchased 12/22/18, I was to have returned it by 1/7/19 because any purchases made between 11/24/18 and 12/24/18 had to be returned by 1/7/19. So if I had bought the skirt during the Black Friday, I get more time to return, but since I bought it right before Christmas I got less time to return. Does that make sense?

annar1183
1/3/19

I have items that I need to return and when I came to a store in Orange the representative was very rude to me and said that I took labels away and then placed it back and they will not accept it for a return. It was very disrespectful and ruined my day.The photos of labels are attached and every one can see that nothing happened to them. I bought these clothes two days ago I even didn't take the them from the bag. I will never again come back to the Windsor!

kaciem4
1/3/19

I called right after I placed an order to cancel it and they said they would do that no problem and that nothing has been charged. My card got charged TWO days later and now I have an overdraft fee from it. I called and both the rep and the Manager were very snotty about it and basically said it's my problem and they aren't going to cover the charges. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

elizabethf303
12/28/18

Bought 3 dresses online, tried to return 2 to store and was told they had to be shipped . Contacted online they said to bring to store. Contacted online again and received return label which would require me to pay shipping. Sent back and never received credit. 6 emails to customer service and all I got was too bad' and no help.

jordanas
12/24/18

I ordered a package over a week ago, one of those order today guarantee to arrive by the 24th. Well since I was going out of town on the 25th I was very happy to hear it would arrive on the 22 instead! After the 22 came and went, the delivery updated to the 26, well after I will be gone. I called the costumer service and the person was nothing but rude, she would not let me change the shipping address, cancel the order, or do anything along those lines. Now I am just expected to have $170 worth of clothing stolen off my porch and they do not seem to care at all. I was very shocked with how rude the costumer service was, and now know better than to online shop here.

mayaj7
10/25/18

Tried to place an order for a few dresses for a wedding I'm attending. Figured I should order a few styles to see which one fit best and would return the rest to my local Windsor store. Total came out to over $300 which is normal for me considering I tend to over order to keep what I want and return the rest. After my order was placed, I received an email from Windsor stating that they need to verify my order because there was an issue with shipping/billing address with my credit card. After reading that, I knew that wasn't true because all of my information was correct and I usually place orders with my American Express for clothing purchases over $300 so I knew it wasn't a notification from my credit card. I figured I would just go ahead and call while I was on my lunch break (since the email stated that all I needed to do was provide my shipping and billing address again). When I called I could barely hear the representative, their background noise was extremely loud. After repeating my information to her (name/address/email/phone)..she then told me that she needed my full credit card number and the 1800 number on the back of the card. As I was on my lunch break and don't carry all of my credit cards on me at all times, I didnt have the credit card on me. She told me I would have to call back and re-verify within 24 hours. I was honestly stunned. I have never had this issue with any other online store and I have been shopping online for over 15 years. I understand verifying a large order but if a customer provides the same billing and shipping address that matches with their credit company, is it really necessary to also ask your customer to then provide the 1800 number on the back of their credit cards? That is ridiculous. Tried to call back once I got home to re-verify, but they are closed. This means I would have to wait until tomorrow to re-verify and they don't ship on the weekends so my order actually wouldnt be processed until Monday. Will shop elsewhere.

celiak7
9/20/18

Positive: dresses came quickly - positive experience ordering; liked 2 of the 4 dresses

Negative: $49.00 shipping cost from UPS/cheapest way to return 2 of the 4 dresses in the original box they came in. The site does not offer a return shipping label where the retailer would deduct a REASONABLE amount ($8.00 to return to Prom Dress online store for example).

I live in a small town over an hour's drive one way to decent shopping for homecoming dresses, etc., so I ordered online for my daughter.

In today's market of online shopping, choose another retailer unless your are 99% POSITIVE OF THE DRESSES DESIGN/FIT, ETC.
I shop a lot online and never experienced anything like this to ship back a product.

ceciliad17
9/20/18

I've been a customer for years now but this wedding season/birthday season, I took a gamble and ordered my dresses online. I'm familiar with the good quality of materials Windsor uses but when it comes to sizing sometimes you just won't know till you try it on. However I was pleasantly surprised to find that both dresses I ordered fit beautifully & ran true to size. I am so excited to wear these bad boys out. I ordered shoes as well and other than the fact they're a little slippery than I would like, it's nothing a little non-slip grip can't fix. Thank you Windsor for the fast delivery too, my items came in the mail 3 days early. Very happy with my purchase and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a formal dress without breaking the bank.

Tip for consumers: I would definitely try on a dress in store prior to making an online puchase just so you can get an idea of where you fit on the sizing scale.Good Luck to all of you beautiful ladies.

kimb473
9/5/18

BEWARE OF USELESS GIFT CARDS. I was excited after receiving one for my birthday but then "policies changed" you cannot order online or by phone. They rarely stock XL anything, so three trips later to Windsor Stores, it was a huge waste of time and money.

lisbethl
7/25/18

I went to a Windsor store at a near mall at 8:30pm, the mall closes at 9pm, my daughter picked out a dress to try on, she proceeded to the fitting room and the attendant told her the fitting rom was closed. I understand that they wanted to leave on time, but it been a Friday night and with a lot of people in the store and with 99% of their merchandise being dresses, in our for a customer to make a decision on a purchase they need to try the dress on. I just don't know how many people will buy a dress without trying them on, specially since it was for a very special event. The attendant was rude, I asked her how are customers suppose to try on dresses before they purchase them, she stated 'YOU CAN'T'.... Mind you I worked in retail before so I understand I will never leave stuff in the fitting room specially 30 minutes before closing time, that was just rude and bad customer service. You don't want to work mall hours nor give good customer service, simple, QUIT. it's such ashamed because I like the clothing and prices are decent but I will never go there again. Luckily I was able to find a store in the mall where my daughter was able to try a dress an purchased it.

deec97
5/25/18

This is so sad because I love buying their items in store when I visit Cali. I went on a whim to buy online since I had good luck in person, I ordered a dress, so I thought, because it was in the DRESSES section. but no, it was a top. Sure blame me for not reading top, but who pays detail to a dress name? not me. I was excited to wear it out tonight and to my dismay it was a package the size of my palm with something that looked like string. the top was horrible when i tried to just make it work because of seeing the shipping cost to send it back. My boobs were spilling out because there was a huge gab between the fabric and my boobs. Contacted customer service, she said she didn't see it in the dresses section, screenshot and sent it to her and she said okay, but you didn't read the description. Um... i'm shopping for dresses not reading why I need it. Had to still pay for the stupid label. Never again.

jasminel35
5/13/18

I found the perfect dress on the website and it arrived within a week and fit me so well! Thank you so much I've never been so happy with an online store. I'm in love!

annak195
5/1/18

I got my social dress there and no matter how many times I tried on the dresses, they made sure I found one that I liked. And one of the worker at Windsor Rockingham, Emily was a really great help. She's really great at finding the perfect dress for people.

ml213
4/30/18

I would give a zero star if I could. I purchased a dress from website and it came in completely different that what was described, super cheap material and loose threads. Called customer service and explained and asked for shipping label which they refused. Never purchasing from them again!!!

morgans66
4/23/18

My daughter purchased a dress for on line for an an event and when we attempted to return it to the dress tags on it and an email validating the purchase we was told we could not return it to the store because we did not have printed receipt. Salesperson was very rude! When i attempted to call Customer Service weeks later because of travel I was told that the item could not be returned a retail store because it was purchased with 20% off and i was now past the 30 day return policy so no return or credit would be issued. I would warn people from shopping there as the return policy is very confusing with different rules for online verse in store and even getting a store credit was not an option.

jackiea55
4/10/18

Bought some earrings and they fell apart that day. All the clothes are made out of cheap material. the staff was nice though.

jaydenw17
4/2/18

I had to get a prom dress super short notice!! (Two weeks to be exact) I had been to their store before so I knew my size (they run a bit small). I had typed in the wrong email so I couldnt check on it, have my tracking number, nothing. Called customer service, the lady who answered was very nice and helpful. I informed her of my situation and she took care of it. Even bumped up my order to make sure I got it in time! It was suppose to be in the following Wednesday at the earliest (ordered it on a Monday) got it that Friday!

sandyp65
3/13/18

I ordered 2 dresses for my daughter and unfortunately they didn't fit. I returned the dresses via USPS priority mail. I paid through Paypal and received a message a few weeks later......WindsorStore.com just sent you a refund Nov. 22, 2017. I assumed (yes, I know) that all was well and did not bother to actually open the PayPal email. A few months later I was reconciling my credit card statement bill and saw that Windsor had only given me credit for one of the dresses. I called customer service and was told that unless I had the tracking number for the package they could not give me credit for the other dress because they would need it to verify the weight of the package! Mind you the dresses were super thin and I doubt that they could determine from the weight if there were one of two dresses in that package. Sadly...my word against theirs. They had received the package so I said, "I assume you scan the bar code return label when you receive the package so if you need the weight that should be in your system. Long story short.. the answer then and after several calls was always...we'd like to help you but without the tracking number we can't. This is ludicrous! They received the package so why would I keep the tracking number receipt. I would have been satisfied even if they had only been able to offer a $39.00 shopping credit for the dress. Beware of this company.

kamilahs
1/26/18

Windsor has some of the most disrespectful people working for them, both in store and online. I have an item that needed to be returned that I didn't love/like when I saw it in person. Let's be honest, it was Ugly. Anyway I tried returning to store and was turned away. So I pack ugly dress back in box only to notice I have no return label. I set up a chat and asked for packing label via email, the rep stated they don't send them via email or can't send it via email and stated it could be mailed out... I stated that will not work because it may not get to me within the 14 days required to return ugly dress. So I told the Rep I would pay for the shipping and expect to be refunded my monies back. the Rep then told me IN ALL CAPS, "I SAID I CAN MAIL YOU A SHIPPING LABEL OUT. WE WILL NOT BE REFUNDING YOU FOR ANY SHIPPING YOU PAY FOR." Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all caps someone yelling at you? Any way at this point I can no longer give Windsor a dime of my hard earned money, if I'm going to disrespected by the staff all around.

tamikap3
1/3/18

Do not buy unless youre sure, unable to return items. No disclaimer given by employees/cashier, only small tags and fine print on receipt!

daniah3
11/2/17

This is the second time that I ordered something and due to vendor issues they removed the items from my shipment that I basically placed a transaction for. I told them to refund me my entire money and cancel the transaction and they still shipped me the parcel without the one item that I really wanted. They charged me for the money, then cancelled it and then charged me again. To top of it, customer service SUCKS. They take forever to reply and are unaccomodating and don't value customers. LAST TIME I SHOPPED FROM HERE EVER. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE

Their shipping is slow. You can return but return shipping is not free for evening gowns (evening gowns cannot be returned to stores so they must be shipped back).

By Jennifer S.

Questions? Get answers from the Windsor staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Windsor