Review of T.J.Maxx

Tel: 1-800-926-6299
supplier_diversity@tjx.com

pamelac26
2/11/19

Ordered 2 wood tables, both arrived SHATTERED. There was not one ounce of packaging in these boxes other than a paper thin sheet of whoknowswhat. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. I called the online number and was told I would have to send pictures to the e-commerce department. I sent the pictures to the address immediately. I received an email back stating the associate has "started an investigation" with the photos and I should receive a refund within 10 business days. I am really baffled as to why there is the need for an "investigation". This is not a murder scene. I requested clarification on this and have not had a response. It has been 2 days. IMO, 10 days to be holding over $400 of my money is unacceptable. This was their issue, not mine. How about training your employees how to pack a box or better yet, if this is coming from a vendor, have a quality discussion. This is online shipping 101. So, I will sit for 10 days and wait for the "investigation" which at this point is laughable.

mariec223
1/31/19

Across the top of every page on tjmaxx.com it clearly states "easy free returns at your local store" What is hidden, is that some items are only returnable by UPS and the customer will be charged. In order to find this, you have to click on the product description and scroll down 10 lines of fine print and it is indicated there. This is poor customer treatment. I will never shop the TJMaxx online store again.

paigek18
1/23/19

I ordered a sweater online before Christmas, and it should have arrived in time. I noted an exception error from UPS. Apparently TJ Maxx chose the wrong shipping method and it could not be delivered to a PO Box, so it was returned to TJ Maxx. (every other online retailer has a system in place to alert you if an item cannot be delivered to a PO Box, apparently TJ Maxx does not)
I had to contact customer service - I asked if they could redeliver to the PO Box via regular mail, or send it to my house address. I got an email insinuating that this was my fault, and once they received it back, it would be logged as a return. I would have to wait for that to happen, then they would credit my charge card, and since I used a gift card for part of the purchase, they would have to reissue the GC and mail it to me. THEN I could reorder the sweater.....
Approximately a month after Christmas, I received an empty envelope from TJ Maxx with no GC.....the saga continues.
Terrible customer service, they really didn't seem to care - and one month later, I have not been refunded, nor do I have the sweater. It will probably be summer before this gets straightened out.

michaelu48
12/20/18

I recently purchased a pair of cloth boots for my wife's birthday from the Miami Beach TJ Maxx, and the seam attaching the boot to the sole came apart the 2nd time she wore them! I took them back to my local store for a refund, but the refund was denied by the store manager, the reason being that the boots had been worn! What bothers me about this, is that the seam was obviously defective when I bought it, or it wouldn't have come apart so quickly. I asked about a store credit, but that was also denied. Walmart, Target, and Ross stand by the quality of their products. Why doesn't TJ Maxx? Needless to say, we will not purchase TJ Maxx clothes or footwear in the future.

shanonj1
12/6/18

I order a gift for my father's birthday and it took 7 days to receive the package but found out in wrong color. Careless stuff put wrong item in packaging! When I call customer service, they said there is no replace option, and I need to return it by myself. They even did not show any responsibility for their fault. How disappointing!

jennifers844
12/5/18

I place an order for $178.00 on Nov. 14. I received an order Nov 26. Unfortunately, this was not MY order. My order was sent to someone in another state while I received hers. When I called customer service I was told that I would need to send what I was sent back to them and they will process my refund. This refund will take 10-14 days for them to process and my bank another 3-5 days to post, on top of the 2 weeks it takes for them to receive the shipment back from me. Customer service said that was all they could do since the package isn't considered lost. I explained that it WAS lost to me. I did not have it. Didn't matter. Now I am out the money and the gifts meant for my children for Christmas. I will NEVER waste my money and energy at Tj Maxx. I feel like they stole from me.

theresas174
11/5/18

I placed two orders on Monday morning, utilizing the free shipping standard method, and thinking as most online retailers do, that the items would ship that day or the next. They were not shipped for nearly a week. When I realized they hadn't shipped and phoned customer service to pay expedited shipping or cancel the order, so I could re-order and enact expedited shipping at my cost, that was impossible for them to perform. Once you place an order, nothing can be done with that order by the shipper. Now, I had to go through UPS have the orders held, and I get to drive to another city to pick them up in a week. Do not order from TJ Maxx.com and expect any valid customer service communication.

eileenw38
11/4/18

The only complaint I have is that every morning before opening there are 3 to 4 women waiting to rush in and buy all the Rae Dunn items its not fair to people who just want a few things but there's no chance since these women buy it and sell it to double their money maybe the staff should but things out later in the day after they have left just a thought its very disappointing

tamarad10
10/3/18

I wish I'd read the reviews before I embarked on this little adventure. I ordered 2 pieces of cookware: "Master Class" brand 1) skillet 2) saute pan. Both arrived in a box with little to no packing. Both were damaged. The saute pan had one handle completely broken off. The skillet was scratched up. I kept the skillet because it was still usable and I needed it. I followed ALL return instructions for the saute pan and packed it well, despite the condition in which it arrived. I returned it within days. During the entire return process, I went back and forth (via telephone, email, website) about the damage; not wanting to pay return shipping since it was their fault; getting my refund; status of the return, etc. It was absolutely NUTTY. I was also keenly aware that they were put out by the inconvenience (really). After weeks of this, they finally sent me a gift card in the mail. Don't bother with this site because it isn't worth the time. They should have paid ME hourly for doing their work.

donas13
10/2/18

The Harahan Store is so clean, kept up nicely and the bright lights welcome you into shop. No items found on the floor. Fitting rooms are also very clean. I want to especially say that a spoke with the manager, Manuel Garcia, and he expressed such pride and concerns of operating such a wonderful store. The prices are so incrediably affordable, that my sister had purchased an item at Kohl's for $45.00 and I found the exact same item for $16.00 - needless to say, she returned Kohl's and purchased the entire set at Maxx. I now love to go to this store and highly recommend others to do the same. Mr. Garcia definitely makes this store a great place to shop!

millicentm5
9/22/18

I recently ordered several items online. A copper tea kettle arrived scratched. It was poorly packed. A suede file storage arrived with a gash and a wood storage table arrived with the top mangled. When I called they asked to send an email. I sent the email. They reply back with a form email asking me to put the items back in the box and ship to them. I don't appreciate a store asking me to fix their mistakes. I ordered online for my convenience, not theirs. I asked for a discount for two of the items and they said they don't give discounts on damaged items, that I could take them or leave them. I very strongly advise you not to order from TJ Maxx. The quality of the products is poor and the customer service in worse.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from TJ Maxx online.

vickyr27
9/14/18

I ordered a purse online didn't like it so I returned it to the store in my city they credited my money back to my account only for them to take it back out what the hell? Law suit is in the process

jennm51
9/6/18

I ordered 8 items and only one came. Details of tracking showed all items were shipped in this one tiny box. I called customer service and they said they would investigate. 3 weeks later I called my Amex card to dispute. 2 days later I finally received an email saying they would credit my account. The date the claim was filed was the date I called Amex. If I hadn't done that who knows if I would of received anything back. Love the store but will never buy online from them again.

isabellaw12
8/28/18

I was soooo worried about buying online because of the reviews saying my items would be damaged, gone, or shipping would take 2+ weeks. I ordered three things and my total was around $26. 2 of the 3 things shipped out in 5 days and arrived at my house two days later, which the site says standered shipping will take 5-10 days so I'd say my ordered arrived just on time. I got a receipt and everything came in a thing of bubble wrap! I'm pleasently surprised and happy. The third thing should come Thursday of August 30th which meant it took 9-10 days to ship which I don't care. So overall, some people have had awful experience and some people have a good experience I guess:)

annat149
8/13/18

They stuck in the stone age. Stores, sure messy but cute. Be very careful, not to throw away a bag, people lost. Can't diferentiate between red pants and black jackets on the return label. And whatever you do, do NOT use PayPal, your money is theirs forever as a store credit! Even if you used debit card. Horrible! Stone age!

sueb223
8/10/18

I love the stores, and decided to buy on line. 4 days after I placed my order, I got a notice that it was canceled. I called customer service and they showed my item as being available and re ordered. Great. Then I was notified my order was canceled AGAIN. This time I was told it was no longer available. They need to get their poop in a group. I was very disappointed and will not buy on line from them again given that their computer software cannot keep up with inventory which leads to a poor customer experience.

christinef112
7/28/18

I ordered a summer dress weeks ago that still hasn't shipped. I called to cancel, since it hasn't even shipped, but customer service refused to do so. I can only return in-store, whenever and if ever I receive the item. I wish I never bothered to try shopping TJ Maxx online ... I feel like they just stole my money.

lexiew4
7/23/18

The shipping duration is insane. It has been 7 business days and my item still has not shipped. That is absolutely ridiculous. TJ Maxx, your business really needs to step it up. This is how you lose business. I will never order online again.

jamieg105
7/13/18

I am an avid fan of TJMaxx, Marshalls and Home Goods. I don't shop in the department stores anymore and stick to these three. I love that I can get more of what is in the store by buying online, getting the same discounted rates and free shipping if I buy enough (or just buy stuff I plan to return to get free shipping). Love that I can return to the store. HOWEVER.... I've shopped here a few times now, and the shipping is ridiculously slow. Even Kohl's ships faster - and I didn't think that was possible. I ordered on 6/24, received an email on 7/4 stating that my order was on its way. One part arrived on 7/6. The other part arrived on 7/10. Why did it take 1.5 weeks to even pick the order for shipment?! That's maddening! The only reason I ordered again is because I need more of the same curtains I ordered the first time... I know I'll only have 1/2 a patio door covered for the next two weeks while I wait for the additional panels. I'll never tempt myself by shopping TJMaxx.com again. I'm not on a time deadline, but it just shouldn't take that long to pick the order. Get with it TJMaxx.com...

marilynt53
7/6/18

Never again will I order from this poor excuse for a company - customer service is non-existent. I ordered enough merchandise to qualify for free shipping and entered the code as required. When I finished my order, and pushed the "purchase" button, they added shipping back in. I called immediately and was told there was nothing they could do until it ships and then the shipping charge will fall off. Well, that didn't happen, and I have called multiple times to get this taken care of - still customer no service says it will credit it in the next few days. A few days go by and no refund. No one is able to over ride this and issue the refund - not any of the customer no service people, not the manager (LaTonya) of those customer no service people, and that manager (LaTonya) says there is no one above her. So, I am guessing LaTonya, Mgr. of customer no service must own the company and she is unwilling to take care of this. Says she will look into it - (LOOK AT MY ORDER) - and get back with me in a few days. Heaven forbid that I happen to be in the bathroom "if" she calls, or in the shower "if" she calls. Then I will miss a perfect non-opportunity to get this resolved. I am through with you.......T J Maxx customer no-service.

je58
6/30/18

I have shopped at tjmaxx/marshalls for years...For the first time ever I ordered from their website & I was shocked with the poor state of their online shopping experience!! They don't confirm orders & make one wait for a week before hearing anything abou the order at all. I would give tjmaxx an F for online selling & now that I have experienced the lack of communication, very slow dispatch time, etc. I wouldn't ever buy online again. My rating is for the website more than the store..the store is hit or miss but the website is just miss, miss miss...If you want to receive your item in the next month don't buy from tjmaxx online..! I can't believe a company with so much money like tjmaxx would bother even having an online store if they are going to be so awful! they should just stick with brick&mortar stores until they can invest more in online sales & do a half decent job!

samj169
6/28/18

Shipping terrible, takes 7 days for orders to ships from warehouse and another 7 days to get items to Massachusetts. Customer Service non-existent. Web site not user friendly. Stick to store only, web shopping not up to date. Use Macys better pricing, faster free shipping.

elleng58
5/17/18

Love going to TJ Maxx. Always find something I need, want, have to have. Great prices! If I have a return with my receipt, even if it is over 30 days, They either give me my money back or store credit. Love this place!

kimh258
5/2/18

TJmaxx stores are okay.
But the reward card, that is absurd.
The interest is not just interest. No matter how much you paid for it, or how much the balance remains, the interest will kept on top high.
Beware! 10% discount is the bait.

danielw192
5/1/18

THE WORST SERVICE EVER, NOT WORTH THE HASSEL AND LECTURING CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. WILL NEVER SHOP TJMAXX ONLINE AGAIN

This site takes a lot longer to ship than normal sites. I do not know why they are slow. There's a chance they could also cancel your order because their inventory status is not usually up to date.

By Pamela C.

It seems they run true to size. I haven't had any difficulty but don't know about others.

By Nancy E.

Questions? Get answers from the T.J.Maxx staff and other customers.

10 Photos for T.J.Maxx