Review of T.J.Maxx

Tel: 1-800-926-6299
supplier_diversity@tjx.com

nadinen11
8/16/19

I would give zero stars if possible. I placed an order online. EIGHT days later I receive an email saying "Good news, your order has been returned!" I never even received my order let alone returned it. I contacted customer service, spent 20+ minutes on the phone with them and all they offered was for ME to replace my order (mind you at this point the items I ordered were no longer available in the size I wanted). No offer for a discount, no offer to reorder the items for me, NOTHING. I will absolutely NOT be shopping at TJMaxx anymore. I have never received such bad customer service ever. It's as if they don't want customers. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!

ellah50
8/16/19

Had my order canceled twice. If you don't have it, don't put it up for sale. I don't think you understand how a website works. Will not bother to try again.

rebeccac315
7/19/19

I ordered a cat tunnel for my cat, the package arrived in a well amount of time, open it up to be disappointed. They sent me a straw purse! Wtf is this tj maxx?! I called them up and they then say they're going to send us the correct product, MONTHS LATER, i get a package as small as an envelope and its a gift card, with $10.79 on it. Certainly not my cat tunnel. I go online bcz i was going to reorder it and it GONE! I want my money back or my cat tunnel i had $50 on that gift card, and came back with $10.79?? Math please??

aw233
7/7/19

I ordered via TJMaxx.com 5 items. Loved 4 of them, all 4 as described and per wayfair, houzz, etc, were about 2/3 cheaper than what the other sites were selling the same items for. HOWEVER, the "large tufted champagne colored ottoman" arrived as the wee small PINK footstool. Dimensions stated under the description online was 24in D x 17in H. The pink footstool they shipped me was 11" in height and about 15" in diameter. An attempt at a disgusting shady online bait and switch. Not only did I have to take this Barbie pink footstool back to a physical store but I had to wait in one both very long bay area line for buyers and returns to obtain my refund. No issues with the refund, but if the warehouse didn't have what I ordered in stock they should have canceled that part of the order instead of trying to see if I'd have kept the hugely overpriced footstool and hff having me take my time to lug their error back to one of their stores. Just low end and vile warehouse employees they probably recruited off the corner somewhere..... in skidrow.

staceys123
7/5/19

The Cape May store was amazing itself but there was 3 cashiers and no managers in sight. It was very crowded and the same cashier # 8 , Tracy was checking out customers continuously until one lady had a problem with her return which held the line up for about 30 minutes. Returns should have a separate area or registers. Tracy should be rewarded to excellent customer service and effectiveness.

lindag707
6/4/19

I was shopping at a Homegoods store in Novi, MI when I received a receipt with a warning for a return without a receipt. Homegoods, TJ Maxx & Marshalls are owned by the same group. Anyway the receipt that I got said return without a receipt my be declined in the future. Let me begin by saying I have shopped at these stores since they opened their first store. I can't begin to tell you how much I have spent over the years, at least a half a million. I return items routinely without a receipt since I have bags full of receipts and if I know that the item is past due for a charge credit and that I will get a store credit, why should I waste my time searching for hours for a receipt. This is a corporate problem since they can't scan your credit card so that the customer will dump the money back into the store and then they turn around and essentially slap the customer in the face. If they don't allow me to return without a receipt I will tear up my credit card with them and forget about shopping at any of their stores. This is horrible customer service. All of the employees know me at these stores and are very upset that this has happened to me.

saral151
4/28/19

Worstest experience ever (first time buyer.) It took about a month and a half for the package to get to my home and secondly, the product was not in good condition! Don't waste your time or money.

maryj784
4/26/19

Ordered some items for my upcoming birthday online, was hoping to wear a dress for the occasion. A week later received an email stating my order was canceled. After calling the support was notified there was an issue with my payment method. I was very surprised, I use TJ Maxx credit card all the time and I didnt receive any alerts. Called the bank and they told me payment was processed but cancelled by the online store. Called online support again asking to just restore my order and charge the card (even though it was late for my Bday I still liked the items i picked). Representative replied that it was impossible to do and if I want these I will have to find and order again, no way they can help me. After my logical reasoning that they are the one cancelled the order and it will take me hours to find these again I was notified the claim will be submitted and they call me back next week. Guess what? No one did and when I called another representative had no clue what's going on and after another request to reinstate my order just put me on hold and after 15mins just hang up. Terrible customer service. And I guess they are not in selling business - my order was over $600 and this company doesnt care about money or customers for that matter.

yilieme
4/9/19

Estuve en el Tjmax de 7260 sw 117 ave. Miami fl 33183 me atendió Liliana como cajera y name tag decía coordinadora, esa señora podrá ser coordinadora pero de customer service no sabe nada tuvo esperando casi por 10 min para cobrarme porque se puso a conversar con otras empleadas y le hice una pregunta la cual me la respondió muy grosera.

lb102
3/23/19

Placed an order 2 weeks ago, have not received any type of communication. When made an inquire about why it has not been shipped - customer service just CANCELLED the entire order of 4 different items. They didn't even try to find out what happened, just take an easy road and cancel everything without my consent. Fulfilment process is awful, customer service is awful too - they sending meaningless emails with empty apologies. Website pictures of items are poor quality and most of the time deceiving, therefore very often items need to be returned. When return to the store it takes an eternity, because associates at the registers MUST create a new label for each item, attached the label to the item, make some entries at the register and only after that they process customer's return. They do have good prices, however this is NOT an excuse for terrible service

pamelac26
2/11/19

Ordered 2 wood tables, both arrived SHATTERED. There was not one ounce of packaging in these boxes other than a paper thin sheet of whoknowswhat. NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. I called the online number and was told I would have to send pictures to the e-commerce department. I sent the pictures to the address immediately. I received an email back stating the associate has "started an investigation" with the photos and I should receive a refund within 10 business days. I am really baffled as to why there is the need for an "investigation". This is not a murder scene. I requested clarification on this and have not had a response. It has been 2 days. IMO, 10 days to be holding over $400 of my money is unacceptable. This was their issue, not mine. How about training your employees how to pack a box or better yet, if this is coming from a vendor, have a quality discussion. This is online shipping 101. So, I will sit for 10 days and wait for the "investigation" which at this point is laughable.

mariec223
1/31/19

Across the top of every page on tjmaxx.com it clearly states "easy free returns at your local store" What is hidden, is that some items are only returnable by UPS and the customer will be charged. In order to find this, you have to click on the product description and scroll down 10 lines of fine print and it is indicated there. This is poor customer treatment. I will never shop the TJMaxx online store again.

paigek18
1/23/19

I ordered a sweater online before Christmas, and it should have arrived in time. I noted an exception error from UPS. Apparently TJ Maxx chose the wrong shipping method and it could not be delivered to a PO Box, so it was returned to TJ Maxx. (every other online retailer has a system in place to alert you if an item cannot be delivered to a PO Box, apparently TJ Maxx does not)
I had to contact customer service - I asked if they could redeliver to the PO Box via regular mail, or send it to my house address. I got an email insinuating that this was my fault, and once they received it back, it would be logged as a return. I would have to wait for that to happen, then they would credit my charge card, and since I used a gift card for part of the purchase, they would have to reissue the GC and mail it to me. THEN I could reorder the sweater.....
Approximately a month after Christmas, I received an empty envelope from TJ Maxx with no GC.....the saga continues.
Terrible customer service, they really didn't seem to care - and one month later, I have not been refunded, nor do I have the sweater. It will probably be summer before this gets straightened out.

michaelu48
12/20/18

I recently purchased a pair of cloth boots for my wife's birthday from the Miami Beach TJ Maxx, and the seam attaching the boot to the sole came apart the 2nd time she wore them! I took them back to my local store for a refund, but the refund was denied by the store manager, the reason being that the boots had been worn! What bothers me about this, is that the seam was obviously defective when I bought it, or it wouldn't have come apart so quickly. I asked about a store credit, but that was also denied. Walmart, Target, and Ross stand by the quality of their products. Why doesn't TJ Maxx? Needless to say, we will not purchase TJ Maxx clothes or footwear in the future.

shanonj1
12/6/18

I order a gift for my father's birthday and it took 7 days to receive the package but found out in wrong color. Careless stuff put wrong item in packaging! When I call customer service, they said there is no replace option, and I need to return it by myself. They even did not show any responsibility for their fault. How disappointing!

jennifers844
12/5/18

I place an order for $178.00 on Nov. 14. I received an order Nov 26. Unfortunately, this was not MY order. My order was sent to someone in another state while I received hers. When I called customer service I was told that I would need to send what I was sent back to them and they will process my refund. This refund will take 10-14 days for them to process and my bank another 3-5 days to post, on top of the 2 weeks it takes for them to receive the shipment back from me. Customer service said that was all they could do since the package isn't considered lost. I explained that it WAS lost to me. I did not have it. Didn't matter. Now I am out the money and the gifts meant for my children for Christmas. I will NEVER waste my money and energy at Tj Maxx. I feel like they stole from me.

theresas174
11/5/18

I placed two orders on Monday morning, utilizing the free shipping standard method, and thinking as most online retailers do, that the items would ship that day or the next. They were not shipped for nearly a week. When I realized they hadn't shipped and phoned customer service to pay expedited shipping or cancel the order, so I could re-order and enact expedited shipping at my cost, that was impossible for them to perform. Once you place an order, nothing can be done with that order by the shipper. Now, I had to go through UPS have the orders held, and I get to drive to another city to pick them up in a week. Do not order from TJ Maxx.com and expect any valid customer service communication.

eileenw38
11/4/18

The only complaint I have is that every morning before opening there are 3 to 4 women waiting to rush in and buy all the Rae Dunn items its not fair to people who just want a few things but there's no chance since these women buy it and sell it to double their money maybe the staff should but things out later in the day after they have left just a thought its very disappointing

tamarad10
10/3/18

I wish I'd read the reviews before I embarked on this little adventure. I ordered 2 pieces of cookware: "Master Class" brand 1) skillet 2) saute pan. Both arrived in a box with little to no packing. Both were damaged. The saute pan had one handle completely broken off. The skillet was scratched up. I kept the skillet because it was still usable and I needed it. I followed ALL return instructions for the saute pan and packed it well, despite the condition in which it arrived. I returned it within days. During the entire return process, I went back and forth (via telephone, email, website) about the damage; not wanting to pay return shipping since it was their fault; getting my refund; status of the return, etc. It was absolutely NUTTY. I was also keenly aware that they were put out by the inconvenience (really). After weeks of this, they finally sent me a gift card in the mail. Don't bother with this site because it isn't worth the time. They should have paid ME hourly for doing their work.

donas13
10/2/18

The Harahan Store is so clean, kept up nicely and the bright lights welcome you into shop. No items found on the floor. Fitting rooms are also very clean. I want to especially say that a spoke with the manager, Manuel Garcia, and he expressed such pride and concerns of operating such a wonderful store. The prices are so incrediably affordable, that my sister had purchased an item at Kohl's for $45.00 and I found the exact same item for $16.00 - needless to say, she returned Kohl's and purchased the entire set at Maxx. I now love to go to this store and highly recommend others to do the same. Mr. Garcia definitely makes this store a great place to shop!

millicentm5
9/22/18

I recently ordered several items online. A copper tea kettle arrived scratched. It was poorly packed. A suede file storage arrived with a gash and a wood storage table arrived with the top mangled. When I called they asked to send an email. I sent the email. They reply back with a form email asking me to put the items back in the box and ship to them. I don't appreciate a store asking me to fix their mistakes. I ordered online for my convenience, not theirs. I asked for a discount for two of the items and they said they don't give discounts on damaged items, that I could take them or leave them. I very strongly advise you not to order from TJ Maxx. The quality of the products is poor and the customer service in worse.

Tip for consumers: Do not order from TJ Maxx online.

vickyr27
9/14/18

I ordered a purse online didn't like it so I returned it to the store in my city they credited my money back to my account only for them to take it back out what the hell? Law suit is in the process

jennm51
9/6/18

I ordered 8 items and only one came. Details of tracking showed all items were shipped in this one tiny box. I called customer service and they said they would investigate. 3 weeks later I called my Amex card to dispute. 2 days later I finally received an email saying they would credit my account. The date the claim was filed was the date I called Amex. If I hadn't done that who knows if I would of received anything back. Love the store but will never buy online from them again.

isabellaw12
8/28/18

I was soooo worried about buying online because of the reviews saying my items would be damaged, gone, or shipping would take 2+ weeks. I ordered three things and my total was around $26. 2 of the 3 things shipped out in 5 days and arrived at my house two days later, which the site says standered shipping will take 5-10 days so I'd say my ordered arrived just on time. I got a receipt and everything came in a thing of bubble wrap! I'm pleasently surprised and happy. The third thing should come Thursday of August 30th which meant it took 9-10 days to ship which I don't care. So overall, some people have had awful experience and some people have a good experience I guess:)

annat149
8/13/18

They stuck in the stone age. Stores, sure messy but cute. Be very careful, not to throw away a bag, people lost. Can't diferentiate between red pants and black jackets on the return label. And whatever you do, do NOT use PayPal, your money is theirs forever as a store credit! Even if you used debit card. Horrible! Stone age!

This site takes a lot longer to ship than normal sites. I do not know why they are slow. There's a chance they could also cancel your order because their inventory status is not usually up to date.

By Pamela C.

It seems they run true to size. I haven't had any difficulty but don't know about others.

By Nancy E.

Questions? Get answers from the T.J.Maxx staff and other customers.

10 Photos for T.J.Maxx