Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

marisap16
7/9/19

I initially rated Tilly's a one star do to them constantly changing the delivery date and the bad customer service when I inquired about it! I felt compelled to upgrade it to three stars because my order arrived today, just in time for the occasion it was ordered for. BUT they need to work on their customer service! It's really terrible! It feels like they could care less about the customer's issues!

katej73
7/1/19

So frustrating trying to get through to customer service. First time I called I was told by an automated service that I was "8th in line" and waited until I was next in line only to be disconnected. Tried again and the same thing happened. Tried this week and message said all operators were busy and to leave a message only the next message was that the "mailbox was full." I mailed a return the beginning of June and have heard nothing and nothing from my email yet. I've had Tilley hats for many years and loved them but after this experience will not be shopping with them again.

colleens116
6/20/19

I ordered several clothing items and though they were all on the packing slip, the most expensive one was not in the package. I promptly emailed them, and called them twice and they will not refund my money. They want me to wait for an "investigation." What the heck? I do a lot of online shopping and no other companies operate this way! Meanwhile the gift occasion has come and gone. Will never buy from them again. Customer service girl was so rude she kept threatening to disconnect me. I now have to do a chargeback with my credit card. Stay far away!

latoyat7
6/6/19

I placed an online order 5-28-19 and it's now 6-6-19 i still haven't received my order. When i called they said it will be to me Monday 6-10-19! That's ridiculous! I may as well ordered something from China. I will never order anything from here again!

laceym21
6/4/19

I have tried to order THREE seperate times from them online while they are having sales and I have not once been able to order anything because it is always out of stock but it lets me add it to my cart and enter my card info everytime....then it says "OUT OF STOCK". Nobody wants to sit and do this only for it to fail everytime. Also, it should not even let you add it to your cart if they dont have it in stock. it kept saying my card information was wrong, which it was not and then i finally called and they told me it was nothing to do with my card, they just did not have that item anymore.

anahitag2
5/6/19

I ordered some items from Tillys last week, and the tracking number shows that they have been delivered, but I have gotten nothing. I called the customer service and they tell me that someone hours after it being delivered refunded them back to the store!!!!!! Why would they refund items without checking to see if it is really me who bought these items????? So disappointed and they are not even taking responsibility for it!!!!! I would have given no zeros if I could!!!!!!

jack16
4/15/19

Good product selection, ok prices, shipping is super super slow however, so don't expect your items any time soon.

mattc257
4/10/19

I "purchased" a pair of the new David Bowie Vans shoes through their website. I received a order number and the paypal transaction was pending. I heard nothing back from them for 5 days so I called to inquire on the status of my order at which point the customer service rep. stated they had no shoes to fill the order!

I've never heard of a business listing items that are available to purchase when in reality, they have no idea if they actually have the product available or not!

WHAT A JOKE!!!!!

juicef
3/29/19

U piece of $#*! ..........................m.............
....

...................................pussy

emih1
3/29/19

My package was ordered March 7th. It stated it would be delivered by the 16th but then changed to the 18th on the 18th it stated that the package could not be delivered because "the recipient was unknown" even though I have order before and have successfully received packages from Tilly's before. I spoke with a customer service representative and they told me they would issue a refund once they received the package. It has been over a week and a half and the item is still in TX, at this rate the package would take months to return. I think it is ridiculous that an immediate refund is out of question if the package never reached my location. This isn't the first time I have had issues with Tilly's online orders. My last order one of my items went missing and half of the orders I received were used and stained. I am still waiting for a refund for an order I never received. Tilly's used to be my go to when I was in MD, but now my only option is to go online or drive an hour. And for either after these experiences I wouldn't risk it.

matw13
3/21/19

This guy, Esteban, of the store #100302, was a great professional. He defined the meaning of the word. He also helped me when I was obviously lost! I told him what I was doing and he just started exploding with ideas (I was creating an outfit from scratch). He showed me to the awesome Graphic T's and helped me pick out some pants that I didn't think would fit me right at first, but he said they fit a little differently than most pants and he was very right! They are actually my favorite pair now and I need to get some more! Anyway, he also let me talk to him and we had a great conversation that I can honestly say that we both took stuff home from. I left that store a few minutes after closing because the other amazing representatives of that store noticed what I was doing and did not rush me (even though I rushed myself). They all helped me out with my experience months ago and I purposely waited to make this review to show that the representatives of the Tilly's Store #100302 (that's the Tilly's in the Mission Valley Mall of San Diego, CA) are beyond patient and amazingly helpful. Now back to Esteban, he made sure that everyone, not just myself, was being helped out in the best way possible, and he did so by personally seeing to that. He is a very bright young man and has a great head on his shoulders. He is very helpful and shows a lot of untapped potential that I don't believe he sees yet. I hope that his higher ups have and are pushing him into positions where he is uncomfortable so that he can grow into the great leader that he displayed he could be just from my brief interaction with him. He needs to be promoted and needs to be tasked with something great, because he has great customer service and an amazing professional mindset. He has a great future ahead of him but will not be able to reach it, unless he is given the chance he deserves to shine. His bosses, or managers, need to give him those chances. Thank you again Esteban for the awesome experience, and thank you to the other representatives for allowing me to check out after you had closed. You are all great people.

umaiman
3/19/19

I ordered items from Tilly's and the items I received all delivered separately and the rest never even came, I contacted Tilly's and they said they were running an "investigation' but it was no help, at the end they just told me there not liable and that it might have been "stolen". There is no way it could have been stolen because I have cameras. I was very disappointed with the customer service, they were very rude and no help. At the end I had to contact my bank to help.

rodolfop10
2/25/19

I bought some items online then i received only one item in a seperate package, the rest came from LA to Miami via Fedex the first package by Fedex too arrive well, the second package with the rest (6 items) return to sender cuz Fedex dont delver in a business address, $#*! off the first package was send usind fedex and they delver it with no problem. i wait to they reship my package then they cancel my order and refund my money. Very Bad service, assitance, support etc, DONT BUY AGAIN ON TILLYS

morganm110
2/16/19

I was about to buy a shirt- orange with a sunflower. It was on clearance and said clearance on the tag! With 50% off the price would be 13$ and when I got to the register, the cashier told me it had no discount and it was 25$ I didn't have enough so I couldn't get it. Very upset.

lilyh34
2/16/19

I've recently been getting thinner and I have noticed my jeans (I was a 5S), have been feeling very loose on me. While in Tillys I thought maybe I should try the next size down, just to see if I truly did go down a size. I grabbed a random pair in the next size down and tried them. They fit good and the quality was acceptable but i lightly tugged on the belt loop to pull them up a bit, and it completely tore off. As this is not a huge deal, l I'm not upset or disappointed with Tillys. I just wouldn't recommend their jeans. Try F21 if you're looking for affordable and durable jeans. Hollister is also and option but its a little more pricey.

toddh21
2/9/19

Basically i would Google the same item you find on Tilly's & order it elsewhere , the speed of shipping is beyond slow .
Tilly's shipping may possibly be slower than ordering from a 1970's Sears Catalog.
Get rid of Smartpost or Tilly's won't be around much longer & based on the reviews they are too stubborn to admit it .

lilb11
1/28/19

Went to return a pair of Van's that show on there website and the man was very nasty and said we don't return shes if you didnt buy them from here... like wow all I needed to do is find out if they were from there because I found them on line showed the guys he said so they are not from here and pulled the rope to latch it and walked away like wow... I have worked for customer service and he had none at all... he needs to be trained all over again... just nasty now I get stuck with sneakers my SON can never use... just sad. None the less I'm a single mom or 4. Just sad...

jeremyp104
1/22/19

Terrible...............................................I waited twice the amount of time to get 3 shirts and only 2 of the 3 came and when I got them one of them was a whole size smaller than the other one but it was the same size so I was mad. The quality of the shirts were very uncomfortable and kinda harsh, I didn't like them at all. Right now I'm waiting to get the thired shirt so I can ship theses gits back to get my money back. Completely ruined my whole week because I was looking forward to wearing them.

derfg
1/15/19

I will never order from tillys again. They use FEDEX to ship. Next time I'll find what I'm looking for on the site, get the brand name of the product, and then proceed to search it on Amazon for cheaper and light years faster shipping. Fuukkk Fedex and Tillys for using them.

dannyg136
1/2/19

I've purchased a few products from Tilly's and its been 3 days until I got an email saying I needed to contact them via phone number. The wait time was 3 minutes but I ended up being on hold for 40 minutes, once I recalled the representative kept me on again and greeted me in an unprofessional manner. I don't recommend purchasing online.

madisonk29
12/27/18

On the website it gives an email to contact regarding customer service, after sending an email i get an automated response back that says " we will not be replying to your email". Uhhhh that's the email you gave me what the heck. Called customer service no one answers. Emailed another email never got a reply. -3/10 would not recommend can't get my money back for something i didn't want.

susanm874
12/25/18

I will never order from Tilly's again based on the customer service I recently experienced. I ordered on 12/10 and was told the product would ship within 48 hours and arrive within 5-7 business days. After not receiving my product I tried to make numerous attempts to contact them by phone. The original message would say "you have a 9 minute hold time" but they would NEVER answer their phone. I ended up holding for 20 minutes each time then a message would come on saying "our store is closed" and then would hang up on me. I called during business hours so I knew this wasn't true. Then I sent an email and it took 48 hours to hear back. I got a standard reply to my email saying the product was out of stock. Thanks Tillys for notifying me of this 2 days before Christmas. Were you ever going to notify me of this had I not contacted you? I have never experienced such poor customer service from a retail store. I mean do they even answer their phone or just put people on hold for 20 minutes then hang up on them? And 2 days to respond back to my email? They left me in a very difficult position on Christmas Eve trying to replace the product I thought I was getting.

christinem384
12/24/18

I ordered shoes on the 18th and paid for two-day shipping. I called on the 23rd because I had not yet received my order. The customer service rep said the order was out of stock and that the order had been cancelled, even though the online status still showed it as processing. I never got notified of this until I called. I never write reviews, but I was so upset by this that I couldn't hold back.

caroln104
12/19/18

Ordered a Christmas gift for my granddaughter. Their site indicated that it would be delivered before Christmas. Went on line today to track the order since I was given an email that they were preparing my order but never receive notification that it had been shipped. I went online and found out they had cancelled my order. I tried to call to find out why and was on hold for 20 min and then a message came on that said they weren't available now but would be later then disconnect me.

markm1125
12/18/18

Placed an order on the tillys site early December to be told after I called to get status 10 days later that the order was canceled due to inventory. No correspondence was sent and the guy I spoke to was rude and he made it clear he had no concern for a gift that was not going to make Christmas. I will never ever shop at Tillys again. Too many others selling the same brands.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's