Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

morganm110
2/16/19

I was about to buy a shirt- orange with a sunflower. It was on clearance and said clearance on the tag! With 50% off the price would be 13$ and when I got to the register, the cashier told me it had no discount and it was 25$ I didn't have enough so I couldn't get it. Very upset.

lilyh34
2/16/19

I've recently been getting thinner and I have noticed my jeans (I was a 5S), have been feeling very loose on me. While in Tillys I thought maybe I should try the next size down, just to see if I truly did go down a size. I grabbed a random pair in the next size down and tried them. They fit good and the quality was acceptable but i lightly tugged on the belt loop to pull them up a bit, and it completely tore off. As this is not a huge deal, l I'm not upset or disappointed with Tillys. I just wouldn't recommend their jeans. Try F21 if you're looking for affordable and durable jeans. Hollister is also and option but its a little more pricey.

toddh21
2/9/19

Basically i would Google the same item you find on Tilly's & order it elsewhere , the speed of shipping is beyond slow .
Tilly's shipping may possibly be slower than ordering from a 1970's Sears Catalog.
Get rid of Smartpost or Tilly's won't be around much longer & based on the reviews they are too stubborn to admit it .

lilb11
1/28/19

Went to return a pair of Van's that show on there website and the man was very nasty and said we don't return shes if you didnt buy them from here... like wow all I needed to do is find out if they were from there because I found them on line showed the guys he said so they are not from here and pulled the rope to latch it and walked away like wow... I have worked for customer service and he had none at all... he needs to be trained all over again... just nasty now I get stuck with sneakers my SON can never use... just sad. None the less I'm a single mom or 4. Just sad...

jeremyp104
1/22/19

Terrible...............................................I waited twice the amount of time to get 3 shirts and only 2 of the 3 came and when I got them one of them was a whole size smaller than the other one but it was the same size so I was mad. The quality of the shirts were very uncomfortable and kinda harsh, I didn't like them at all. Right now I'm waiting to get the thired shirt so I can ship theses gits back to get my money back. Completely ruined my whole week because I was looking forward to wearing them.

derfg
1/15/19

I will never order from tillys again. They use FEDEX to ship. Next time I'll find what I'm looking for on the site, get the brand name of the product, and then proceed to search it on Amazon for cheaper and light years faster shipping. Fuukkk Fedex and Tillys for using them.

dannyg136
1/2/19

I've purchased a few products from Tilly's and its been 3 days until I got an email saying I needed to contact them via phone number. The wait time was 3 minutes but I ended up being on hold for 40 minutes, once I recalled the representative kept me on again and greeted me in an unprofessional manner. I don't recommend purchasing online.

madisonk29
12/27/18

On the website it gives an email to contact regarding customer service, after sending an email i get an automated response back that says " we will not be replying to your email". Uhhhh that's the email you gave me what the heck. Called customer service no one answers. Emailed another email never got a reply. -3/10 would not recommend can't get my money back for something i didn't want.

susanm874
12/25/18

I will never order from Tilly's again based on the customer service I recently experienced. I ordered on 12/10 and was told the product would ship within 48 hours and arrive within 5-7 business days. After not receiving my product I tried to make numerous attempts to contact them by phone. The original message would say "you have a 9 minute hold time" but they would NEVER answer their phone. I ended up holding for 20 minutes each time then a message would come on saying "our store is closed" and then would hang up on me. I called during business hours so I knew this wasn't true. Then I sent an email and it took 48 hours to hear back. I got a standard reply to my email saying the product was out of stock. Thanks Tillys for notifying me of this 2 days before Christmas. Were you ever going to notify me of this had I not contacted you? I have never experienced such poor customer service from a retail store. I mean do they even answer their phone or just put people on hold for 20 minutes then hang up on them? And 2 days to respond back to my email? They left me in a very difficult position on Christmas Eve trying to replace the product I thought I was getting.

christinem384
12/24/18

I ordered shoes on the 18th and paid for two-day shipping. I called on the 23rd because I had not yet received my order. The customer service rep said the order was out of stock and that the order had been cancelled, even though the online status still showed it as processing. I never got notified of this until I called. I never write reviews, but I was so upset by this that I couldn't hold back.

caroln104
12/19/18

Ordered a Christmas gift for my granddaughter. Their site indicated that it would be delivered before Christmas. Went on line today to track the order since I was given an email that they were preparing my order but never receive notification that it had been shipped. I went online and found out they had cancelled my order. I tried to call to find out why and was on hold for 20 min and then a message came on that said they weren't available now but would be later then disconnect me.

markm1125
12/18/18

Placed an order on the tillys site early December to be told after I called to get status 10 days later that the order was canceled due to inventory. No correspondence was sent and the guy I spoke to was rude and he made it clear he had no concern for a gift that was not going to make Christmas. I will never ever shop at Tillys again. Too many others selling the same brands.

jackleneb
12/16/18

I purchase a item online and weeks later they said they had to cancel it. I would have purchased the item elsewhere but by the time they emailed me the item was sold out everywhere. I didn't learn my lesson and ordered again and guess what? They emailed me saying they had to cancel and the item was unavailable. So mad!!!

shirob
12/3/18

I purchased the item. just one. very simple. But after the auto order confirmation email, I never heard anything from them, more than a week, no updates, no notification, no explanation, Nothing!!
Then I send few emails about cancelling and refunds, they finally responded with
shipments...
No apologie, No explanation, Nothing!!!!
I hate this site. never use this ever again.

jackh235
12/2/18

I Will No Longer Buy Items From Tilly's When The Company Gives A Job To A Person Like Tom Being The 100% First-Class Quality Rudest Customer Service Agent In The United States Of The America!!!

nigelb49
11/13/18

I pre-ordered and paid over $120 for 3 Christmas dresses on the 15th of October and still haven't received them? Pre-order is suppose to be 2-4 weeks and I have a Christmas photo shoot coming up and no dresses. Not impressed!

sawyerh
11/2/18

I went through Tilly's 28 pages of clothing and by the time I checked out half of the items were no longer in stock and it doesn't tell you which ones are unavailable. There should at least be a temporary hold on the items in your cart...really frustrating.

meganp61
10/30/18

placed an order before i left for a trip but in plenty of time for what the site claims as the shipping time. shipping took twice as long so i did not receive my items before i left. when i got back my po box had sent my package back to the company because they could not hold it any longer. i knew this would happen which is why i emailed the company before i left. they simply lied and said it was shipped on time even thought i had the email stating the date i ordered it...awful customer service and experience. i won't be shipping here again. love the clothes but the incorrect shipping times, lying and rude customer service have left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

brendonm34
10/29/18

I had a series of bad experiences with both in-store and online purchases with Tillys. The online ordering took forever to come and finally when the order was received it was missing items. This happened twice with online orders with items missing. The in-store guys could not help me to even pay for their merchandise with the gift card. Their payment gateway was not accepting gift cards for some reason on Friday evening and their response was hilarious. They told me that their IT support is gone for the day and will not be available on Saturday and Sunday either so Monday is the earliest they will be able to look at the gift card issue. I blame their IT head who is fine with this mode of IT support that the company is following. All they have to say is we are sorry with no resolution in sight. I hope the CEO reads this and ask the head of IT that how can a store tell this to customers that their IT support is off from Friday evening till Monday morning.

kurtb70
9/12/18
• Updated review

Yes After all this time, I finally received the shoes and they weren't the ones ordered. Says it will take over 14 days to process returns. I think it's time to upgrade to a computer and dump the pen and paper. Never again Tilly, never again.

“3 weeks for delivery is insane”
9/3/18
• Previous review

Ordered a pair of shoes online 15 days ago and they keep updating the delivery by another 5 days. The original paid for delivery date said 5 business days and I am on day 15 and still no package. In the world of Amazon and 2 day delivery this online store will never make it. Sorry Tilly, I am far from impressed and actually very disappointed.

christinem344
8/28/18

I attempted to buy $428 worth of clothes for my son I got an online coupon code that gave 15% off the whole purchase,which works just fine it actually took the money off when I went to pay unfortunately my bank flagged the purchase because there are so many problems with this company that they automatically do a check for fraud so that was problem number one which I should have just said forget it at that point but my son really wanted the things that he picked out so I thought let me try in the morning to pay then of course I got an error code stating that they didn't have what all was said and done I tried to put in my code again and it didn't work anymore and I didn't receive the 15% off I sent an email to the company and all I got in return was an email back 24 hours later saying to call the 1-800 number which obviously I was trying to avoid after sitting on hold I then got a very ignorant gentleman who told me basically oh well too bad and I said wouldn't you rather honor that and sell $400 worth of clothes and he said sorry we can't honor that so I will shop somewhere else for now ...a reputable company. I wish I would have read all these reviews before I went online to their site

oriannew
8/26/18

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes. It took about 5 days to ship when it says it's gonna take 48 hours, and it's been 2 weeks and i still haven't received them. Also, after they told me my whole order had shipped they emailed me saying that one of the shoes had been cancelled because it "couldn't be shipped". Terrible service.

carrieh81
8/25/18

Tried finding shorts online because they never have the size available in store. Searched and found the shorts, clicked on the size and then add to cart...your request exceeds the amount we have in stock...Why list the size if you don't have it available? Not the first issue with trying to order online from Tilly's. Maybe they should just take it down until they figure out how to work with technology.

kathrynh111
8/21/18

I ordered my daughter a backpack for school with quicker shipping in order to have it by the time school started. Tilly's cancelled the order 5 DAYS after the order was placed, even though they say most orders go out within 48 hours, and in order to make the shipping window (which I paid extra for), they somehow couldn't notify me until 120 HOURS later - far too late for me to order any other backpack in time for school. This is horrible customer service. This was my first order with them, and definitely will be my last. If they can't fulfill an order, they should not take the order in the first place. At a minimum, they should have notified me within 24 -48 hours. I will not be doing business with them again.

amandaa164
8/20/18

I ordered a backpack off of Tillys site, expecting to get it before school. I found one I liked and ordered it, the total with shipping being around $50. I was waiting 4 days for them to ship it and then I get an email saying my item couldn't be shipped and that I wasn't charged. I was pissed. Just to make sure, I called my Visa card and the amount of money has been missing for over 2 days. I never received a refund so I will call today(Monday). All in all, I am extremely disappointed with my Tillys experience, especially since I had to scramble and find a backpack. Never buying from here ever again.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's