Review of Taobao

Tel: -243267-2087
lianzheng@taobao.com

fengd
5/8/19

I registered the taobao in 2008, and I used to spend over 2,000 CNY(exclude 3% service fee) every month in tabao . With more than 10 years experience, I can feel the user experience has significant drop in recent few years.

1. The number of good stores has decreased in these few years. They cannot competed with the scam stores.

2. Recommend system is bad, a lot of advertisments inside but they never differential them.

3. Overseas shipment system is terrible. By air and shipping are only differential by some random code, if seller didn't specify it clearly in the delivery, they will automatically put it through shipping. It will be more expensive and much much slower. And you can't change it, even though you choose by air through the system.

4. your personal information will be sold to some scammers. I receive scam msg everytime after I start the shipment.

5. NO reporting system. I witnessed the time they remove the report feature in taobao APP. And now I even cannot find email address to report my issue. So this is the strategy, remove the problems from the people who raise it.

In conclusion, I don't recommend any New Customer to use this platform. DON'T TRY, YOU WILL REGRET!
For me I will slowly move my focus to other e-commerce website, even though there are some good stores I really like.

farahsyifam
4/28/19

Once you had it you wont stop buying a thing because everything is so cheap, the delivery time is so fast and it is super trusted !

jinruw
3/7/19

I bought several items in September 2018, I haven't received any of the items. I called the customer service, they said somebody would take care of it and call me back, after more than a month, they never called me back, and the items are still on their way, today is March 7th, 2019. They lied to us that you should receive your item in two to three weeks.

footmasterh
1/20/19

Worst experience in my life.
Items purchased on 5th December, during time of payment for freight, they promised 14-28 days, but already almost 50 days still yet to receive

sungh15
1/14/19

We ordered a product which the seller never had the intention of selling. The seller lied about having shipped the product through the taobao website and when we contacted the seller through the taobao website, we were told to wait by the seller and then cut off immediately from reaching the seller again. Taobao set up a system which is a hotpot of dishonest sellers. Everyone is strongly advised to boycut taobao because it rewards theft.

alalv
12/26/18

Ordered a walking and talking doll for my niece as a present for christmas (placed order 14 December) 24 December order status says return to sender -unsuccessfuk delivery. My mom didnt even received a cal from them and no email received as well why and what happened to the order. Now i am still waiting when they are going to refund me mg money Peso 1,900 more or less. Ruined the child's christmas - and very poor customer service.

sarahw381
12/12/18

I am writing from Australia because I understand that Taobao sell animals online and then ship live animals through the post. Some of the animals have become very sick or died when they have been posted in cages.

To me, this is extremely cruel and unacceptable. These animals have feelings and suffer greatly when you sell and mail them to your customers.

Please don't support this company until they stop this cruel practice!

ericl269
11/17/18

Be honest, tons of communication issues came with language problem. The thing is, if you purchased something from TAOBAO, seller can not guarantee your shipping cost will be the same as domestic rates in China. Of course you have to pay extra shipping for the orders that going to overseas. Because including package, item weight can not be exact same as item description. Pay by Paypal will much easier and faster to get your refund once you returned items or cancel the transactions. I purchased 10 pcs of corner guard from ebuy7. They have very good customer service and fast reaction to answer your questions on Wechat app.

svent6
9/20/18

i had been warned, but the prices were so damn good that i had to try ebuy7.com (taobao in some kind of english) anyway.

the order process and paypal check out work as they should. no problems here. first concerns came, when i was prompted to accept a so called "overweight freight agreement" which basically stated, that ebuy7.com can't guarantee accurate weight charges and that these will be reconfirmed, when the parcel is ready to be shipped.

i found this a bit strange, but was rather sure that the times ordered would not exceed 30 kilos, which was the weight based on which the freight charges had been calculated.

however, i was asked to send an additional 100 bucks or so, because the parcel became 37 kilos. alternatively i could switch to EMS (instead of DHL), which wasn't an acceptable option. so we initially asked to cancel our order, which was answered with a copy of the overweight freight agreement. after a lot of hence and forth, i was offered a special price with FedEx, which i accepted.

when tracking my parcel, i saw that the actual weight was not even 12 kilos. of course courier services go with some kind of volume/weight, which wasn't mentioned anywhere until i asked.

however, recalculating the volume/weight with the details from fedex still didn't sum up to 37 kilos. not even to 30 kilos.

so we measured the parcel again when it arrived and sent the photos as proof to ebuy7.com, who had repeatedly claimed to do honest business. we requested to refund of the unjustified additional charges.

you can guess: we never heard from them again!

suel141
9/19/18

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! I would have given them 0 rating if it is available. I ended up losing RMB 528 (around US $80) and they don't refund me based on the fact that I did not receive the item. Called them over 10 times. Worst experience I have ever had.

alanw192
9/1/18

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy from them! This has been the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I ordered five items from Taobao at their ebuy7.com website. Two of items did not match the item description or the pictures on their website. Some of the other items were defective and counterfeit. I tried to return the items, and they informed me that I would have to pay for return shipping, even though they were at fault. Shipping actually cost more than the items themselves. So basically I'm stuck with defective, counterfeit items that don't match the product description or the pictures. DO NOT make the same mistake I made. TaoBao is not a reputable company. Please shop elsewhere.

cs279
7/26/18

I did not receive the last items due to some bugs with their app and it has been two months. I escalated the concern to the seller who pointed me to support, I talked to support who pointed me to shipping company, shipping company said there was no shipment but basically they are passing the ball around and asking me to do all the coordination work! The worst customer support ever!

I even sent an email to demand for my refund because I never got any product and they just reply with the same pass the ball strategy to wear me out. So here I am posting negative reviews for them instead of wasting my time with their stupid customer support who are not support at all.

marciap56
6/7/18

i ordered a flyback BSC26-01N,19F01050-000-D,BSC26-01N401E,BSC26-01N4004F,BSC2-01 ALL THAT IFNO IS ON MY OLD PART ON THERE SITE THE HAVE THE SAME PART WITH ALL THE NUMBER THE HOWEVER SENT ME A PART MARK ONLY BSC26-01N4010E. i REQUESTED A REFUND OR THAT THE SENT ME THE PART THAT IS IN THE WEBSITE AND I WILL RETURN THE PART THE SENT,The requested pictures i sent pictures of both part then the replied and said the compared picture of the product description and the pictures the shped and the say the sellers goods and desription are the same. in my attachment u see a part with green writing thats the new part the other is the old part .Then u have a picture with the webpage ithat shown the correct part on the page.THE COMPANY HAS STOPED REPLYING TO MY EMAILS.iVE DONE BUSSINES WITH ALIEXPRESS FOR MANY YEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS TYPE OF ISSUE OR DISREGARD IN RESOLVING AND ISSUE.i NEVER RECIEVED A WRONG PART FROM ALI. I WILL NEVER DO BUSSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN

darylt16
6/4/18

If possible, I would like to give no star for this shop. Is a SUCK platform, I ordered a few books and they never come to me for 5 months. And the customer service () is another freaking bad response, which will only repeating the same answer without actually solving my problem (I have been asking for my package for 3-4 months, never solved). If you (Taobao) cannot handle oversea delivery, just quit, wasting my time!

rk101
5/17/18

I paid via paypal only to receive an email an hour later to say they could not ship those goods to my country. Other websites can do it - why can't they; Including one of their sister sites, I might add. When trying to get my money back, am told 3-5 days. I smell horse puckey. Take your money, earn interest on it, then return it. If they have done it to me, how many others are there? Nice little earner for them.

jeremyk37
3/8/18

Good:
- cheap products
- wide variety
- cheap shipment
- basically MOST sellers are honest and cares about their ratings

Bad:
- lousy products (depends on your luck)
- fake products
- need to know Chinese (in order to communicate)
- if you live overseas, can forget about exchanging and not every seller is willing to refund
- a negative (or even average) rating MIGHT make you receive a cursing/nasty message from the seller (yes, they're not happy with anything below Excellent rating)

My own experience from buying multiple times from Taobao is that, there are more honest sellers than scammers. And you should always check the rating and comments/reviews before buying from a seller. If they don't have much reviews, you can consider contacting them via the app and see how they respond, that is if you know Chinese.

victoriak43
3/5/18

I was ordering several times from taobao, accessories for mobile phone mostly, I stayed satisfied, the delivery was on time and its not expensive at all there

scottn69
2/5/18

I have ordered from Taobao for the last two years. Shirts. Shoes. Trousers. Jeans. Electrical appliances. Food. Etc. I give two stars because I've had some things just not arrive. Where are they? No one knows. Not Taobao. Not the China post. Not the delivery company. Not the manufacturer. Just not show up. But some things did arrive in a timely manner. Clothing in China is a guessing game. Shoe sizes the same. Some of my shirts are 6XL, and some are 3XL. To preface that, I should say in the U.S.A. I wear an XL. The quality is $#*! mostly. My shoes I buy now in Macao or HK. Shirts in Macao or HK. Trousers, well for the most part they are decent enough, but I can get them locally. Really Taobao is only for those who live in the suburbs or less developed areas and don't have access to malls or shopping centers.

jj366
1/16/18

Really shifty products such as shop name robot Go. They will give u promise u ridiculous features and a 5 year exchange warranty and lifetime repair warranty. Product arrives 1 month late with missing accessories. Another 1 month for accessories. Then u will find out item is completely different from advertised1000 man faulty battery instead of 10000mah battery. Item completely damaged and faulty. When u approach seller they will claim that battery problem I man made. Not only is exchange warranty not available, repair warranty is also not available. They will beg u to bear with item and keep it. No refund exchange or repair nothjng taobao platform will ignore ur concerns. And few hundred dollars gone. That's taobao for u.

dibub
12/5/17

I bought since 8 years in taobao.com, they have a great products, from all china, so cheap, and a good quality.

dendirq
12/1/17

Such bad products. Bad quality products and too far from reality pictures. I there's anything I could say more. Never order anything which from this Taobao. I swear, it will $#*! the hell out of you.

lauras289
11/22/17

I used to buy a lot of items though taobao agent but recently my last 2 orders, not that the previous ones were fine, I had such a bad experience i would not recommend any one buy from them. They charge you 10 % for their service but they dont provide any service, they make mistakes you pay, the seller makes mistake u pay, the worst service ever, stay away from them!

melindas40
11/19/17

Taobao is a great website if you buy in mainland China and get it there, although once I got sent the wrong size shirt but they gave me 2 yuan as an apology, (this was when I was in China) using taobao is probably not very helpful if you live overseas... Its probably better to get relatives or friends to buy it in China and give it to you the next time you visit them

ivanv7
11/14/17

these people will rip and scam out of the customer's pockets at the customer's expense do not order anything from these people they do not do any refunds under any circumstances and they can even go a mile further and steal the customer's identity to commit fraud

juliew150
10/9/17

I bought 3 small massage sticks from Taobao and it cost $62.38AU in postage alone to get to Australia.

The items themselves cost $16.12AU but $6.70AU of that was their commision.

I was ripped off very severly in all their correspondence they keep saying this is all clearly written on our web page for all to see.

They claim it is Imposible to give a postage quote before items are ordered BUT once items are ordered if you dont pay second payment of a massive postage they charge $$$$$ to cancel the order.

To add insult to injury they also refused refund on flawed products.

Questions? Get answers from the Taobao staff and other customers.

Taobao?