Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

laylaw4
3/26/17

I received great customer service in store at the Roosevelt Field location. I went over the holidays and even though the store was busy, Ashley was very attentive in helping me find a dress for a special occasion. She listened to what I was looking for and while I was trying some dresses on, she searched the store for others I might like and I actually ended up purchasing one of the ones she chose. I also had to return a shirt and that was an easy process.

I have ordered online from them a couple times and shipping is painfully slow. Returning online purchases is much harder than going in store. I called to return a shirt and was refunded the wrong amount. I then called back and spoke to the same person and was refunded the wrong amount again. Finally the last time I called, I spoke to a different person and he sorted everything out.

Another time, I wanted to exchange a product. I sent it back and everything was going smoothly as far as I knew, until they received the product back and said they couldn't process the exchange. I was refunded the money but I don't understand why I couldn't exchange it since the product was in stock. So I just used the money I was refunded, to purchase the item again in a different size. Not too much of a hassle, but an extra step that shouldn't have been necessary. I have now been waiting 10 days for it. Again, back to the extremely slow shipping.

jenc45
3/24/17

I paid second day shipping only for my package to be held in Memphis as an "exception" with no delivery date. I called Tillys and the customer service child said I must have put the wrong address and it had nothing to do with them. I called FedEx and guess what... it was held because it was an empty box. I called Tillys back three times and no one would answer. I guess at this point I bought a box with expensive shipping instead of shoes.

reneew38
12/21/16

I purchased a pair of skate shoes at a Tillys in Cary NC, a store 3 1/2 hours from my home. When I got home that night, I saw that the security bar was still attached. I packed the shoes up and mailed them back to the address on the receipt along with the receipt. I called the store later in the day and was told that 1) there was no manager or customer service rep 2) they did not credit return purchases and 3) that they could not remove the security bar and send back. So essentially, due to their oversight in neglecting to remove the tag, I am out the shoes and the money. Awful company...avoid.

seanl45
12/17/16

This companies customer service is the worst, I ordered a pair a shoes as a xmas present and they left out the apt # on the package and it got sent back. I was told I had to wait 6 weeks for them to get the item back until the issue could be resolved, unreal. no assistance at all, terrible policies, but of course the item was paid for immediately.

santinam
12/4/16

I bought a Nixon Star Wars watch as an early Christmas gift for my child. We ended up finding another watch that she really liked better. The Nixon watch was never worn/used. I tried to return the watch and was told that they would not return it. All sales are final on Nixon watches! I told the girl that they did not even mention that policy when I had purchased the watch. The sales clerk then said the policy is on the back of the receipt. Well, what good dose that do me if I made the purchase and can not return it!! So dissatisfied with this experience, usually stores go out of their way to make the customer happy and want to return. Well I will not be shopping Tilly's ever again and I have spent plenty of money there in the past. Zero stars from me.

natashaa17
11/24/16

Asked one employee if we could use multiple gift cards per one transaction and he said yes. The $#*!y manager then went on to tell us at the register that we couldn't. Don't waste your time there. They'll rip you off.

maria3093
10/22/16

I ordered 2 pair of shoes and it was supposed to take 6-8 days. I got my first pair about 2 weeks in and the second pair never came. I contacted the customer service and after 3 days they got back to me saying the are out of stock of the other shoes,WTF? After the order was made and paid for they decide they don't have the shoes anymore?? And it had to take for ME to contact them to find out that they will not send the second pair,shouldn't they let me know that they are out of stock? It should've said out of stock or not been online in the first place.First and last time ordering from them.

susant103
10/11/16

Well I love Tilly's, or at least the style. It's right up my alley. BUT, my only two experiences with this store have been less than pleasant. First I bought a pair of jeans in the store (which by the way were REALLY expensive), they were okay, lasted me about a year. The only thing was the legs were too long and the waist barely reached my actual waist. The second time I ordered three pairs on line. Two out of three of them didn't fit me. The two that didn't were so weird, the waist was really big while the legs fit just fine. Tried to fix it with a belt but it didn't exactly work out. And also, I'm a size small in jeans and pants but when I tried on the pants in the store I was like a five and it didn't even fit that well (I already mentioned how the leg to waist ratio was way off).
Anyway, the style might be cute but it's so not worth the hassle. Yikes, I would steer clear of this store no matter how amazing the clothes may look.

markg184
10/11/16

The workers made me feel happy and none made me unhappy and greeted me once I walked in

jackiew35
9/17/16

This was my first time using tillys. I placed my order before reading the reviews. I was nervous. But turned out great for me. My husbands items came in a timely manner and they were all there. Everything fits great. He was happy. I was happy. I would use them again

katiec22
9/9/16

I purchased a penny board on August 23rd and received men's boardshorts about a week later. I'm a woman so I have no need for these large men's shorts and I wanted my skateboard so I called customer service. I was told to email customer service and I did so. I received an email back a few days later saying to call customer service. ARE YOU KIDDING?! I call customer service and the lady emails me a return shipping label to tape onto the package and send the boardshorts back. I do so and called tillys customer service a few days later to find out why my board hasn't been shipped out. I was told that there needed to be movement on the return item from the tracking website before my board can be shipped. Why? I don't control USPS/FedEx and it seems stupid to make a customer wait even longer just because someone at your store/factory made a mistake.. I was also told that I will receive expedited shipping when my board does leave the warehouse. Well about a week goes by and the boardshorts finally made it to California so I call and I was put on hold for over 30 minutes (you'll be stuck waiting to speak to someone/get put on hold every time you call customer service!!). I was told that my beautiful penny board is now out of stock and I will be receiving a full refund in 3-4 business days. It's Friday so I won't be getting that money soon enough I have to wait even longer to get a damn board from this $#*! company! Honestly just avoid buying items online and get them from the store instead. I've learned my lesson x.x so much time wasted waiting for an item and then still not receive it in the end. I'll just go to the store and get one ugh lol.

ambert25
9/1/16

Never buy anything from tills!!!! on the website it say 60 day return policy and in store 30 day return policy!! And they wouldn't let me return a pair of shoes because I missed the 30 days just by 2 days this makes me sick I sat there and cried because those pair of shoes were $100 never shop at tillys I hope they go out of business! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeidaj
8/29/16

Horrible return policy. They will absolutely not bend any of their rules to please customers.

graceyl
8/25/16

So we ordered $450 worth of clothes here 3 weeks ago. Specifically got 2 day shipping. We placed the order on Monday, so they should have been here on Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday they still weren't here so we tried tracking the order. We clicked the link on the tilts website and it took us to fedex.com. There was a note saying " invalid tracking number"
So on Monday we decided to call costumer service. We were on hold for over 15 minutes. Someone finally picked the phone up and we told her what was going on and she said that three out of the four packages will be there today. Ok so 3/4 packages came that day. I was still a little mad that they didn't get there when they were supposed to. So a few days later I called to see where the fourth package was and someone said "well we don't really know where it is" . I was starting to get super frustrated because I was still missing four items. The next week one shirt came in a tiny bag. I was like where are the others clothes. So I call again and ask where the other clothes were and he said " well it looks like the other things you ordered were out of stock" WHAT??? They didn't say that on the website? Anyways, they still charged 50 for the four "out of stock" items and 20 for " two day shipping ". Also the fabric is super thin and see through. It looks nothing like the pictures on the website.

rv20
8/18/16

I recently made a purchase online and after not receiving the order on the scheduled date, I contacted their customer service line to inquire on the order. The hold time to get to a representative was over 30 minutes. This happened twice! The first time I gave up and tried sending an email to their customer support but the email was never addressed. The second time I got a hold of a female representative who obviously didn't like her job because she was not very helpful. I never received the order and had to go through my bank to dispute the charges. Will not be using their online store again.

kiarak
8/12/16

I ordered a backpack before school and I paid $20 EXTRA to get it overnight and they NEVER SENT IT OUT. what the heck kind of crap is that? They're customer service is crap they're website is crap the whole store sucks. If I could give less than 1 star I would in a heartbeat.

emilys118
8/7/16

Don't bother spending your money here! Customer service is horrible. When you call customer service, they tell you to email customer service?! I never heard back from them. Decided to chat with no success. I'm extremely frustrated because I love their products. I earned $40 in moola and am unable to use it. It says they're INVALID!!! WTF?! I first earned $30 in July. They emailed my codes and it says to use between 4/2016 and 5/2016. HELLOOOO it was July. Chat rep said oh sorry you can redeem them between 9/6 and 9/25. It is a known fluke in the system. Fix your sh**

aprilr22
8/2/16

First and foremost - I have been a loyal customer since 2004-2005. Over 10 years and counting. I began shopping at a store located in Oceanside, CA. Since then I have moved to an area where the nearest store is nearly a 90 minute drive. Therefore, I order online - A LOT. I don't mind the wait, I have never returned anything because I hate the hassle. If an item didn't fit the way I wanted, I simply chalked it up as a learning experience and held myself accountable. Kind of like ordering something new from your favorite restaurant and deciding it wasn't quite what you wanted - oh well, don't order it again? On my last order, I received my package with a GIANT hole. It is one thing to order something and realize it just doesnt quite fit right? But to purchase an item and have the item desyroyed BEFORE you recieve it? The WHITE RSQ shorts in the package are more black than white. Mind you, I paid extra for overnight shipping on these items so I could have them while on vacation. Not only were most of the items received more than 5-6 business days out - the last item received was extremely damaged. I contacted customer service only to have them tell me it would be more than a week for someone to get back with me and they were unable to process a return or issue a replacement item. Then he requests for me to send in pictures - which I understand and fully cooperated. However, I have merely received an automated response saying someone will respond within 24 hours. This was sent on a Thursday. Tomorrow is Wednesday and still no response? I have been going back and forth with this for over a week and getting nowhere. I love tilly's merchandise...but BEWARE their customer service is a joke and in the event you ever find yourself with a damaged item or needing to return - Good Luck getting anyone to even acknowledge you.

tinac69
8/1/16

We went in to shop because a friend of my daughters got a job at the store in Valencia. We waited for him to check us out when his manager made him take a break and someone else took over. Fine...no biggie. But then, the manager "yelled" at him in front of me and other customers about procedure. I went to the manager, "Billy" and apologized for making him take his break late and explained we requested him to check us out. He then raises his voice to me that "policy is policy". I said what about making customers happy. He said nothing. I explained I am not related to this person and just a friend who is here spending money BECAUSE this employee works there. He continues to raise his voice at me and was rude. I told him I was going to complain to the District Manager about his attitude and rudeness. His reply was "Whatever". Really? Who manages this way. I will never support this company again. I would advise you don't either. And if your teen needs a job, don't work at this place because clearly they don't care how managers are treating our next generation. Sad. I used to like Tilly's! Oh...and I called the District Manager to complain...no call back! DON'T SHOP HERE!

madisonp16
7/20/16

Twelve days ago I ordered two pairs of Rainbows flip flops. Tillys was selling them for a great price and so I didn't think anything of it. Here I am 12 days later wondering where my package is, I go to track my order using the stupid ID they gave me and it says "no package can be found with that ID". HM WHAT THE HECK. So I of course email customer service asking where the heck my package and when they plan on sending it to me. They tell me that they are sorry and give me instructions on how to report a package missing. Is that their way of telling me I'm not getting my shoes? ANNOYED AND WILL NEVER BUY FROM THERE AGAIN!!!!

serinax
7/19/16

Tillys was ok but it took forever to pay and when I finally got done and went home I was missing two items and some of the items didn't even have tags

aval11
6/26/16

I loved to shop at tilly's in the store and the clothes I got from there were pretty good but the prices were high for the material it's made of. My mom and I decided to buy something online if I payed her back so I order 2 halter tops and a pair of pom Pom shorts. We ordered the clothes at least a week and a half ago and the store kept pushing our order farther back when it should have come on Tuesday now it's saying we won't get the clothes until next Tuesday or Thursday. I'm beyond belief pissed about it and I canceled any further magazines coming to my house...

baileyh31
6/24/16

They have an awful shipping time it says 5-8 business days but it ends up being like 10-12 I have waited for my order for so long and I am still waiting. Never again will I buy things from Tillys online.

jodyj9
6/9/16

Order took WAY too long (longer than originally stated). When I called customer service they had no explanation. Will not order from them again.

michelleb187
4/10/16

I recently bought clothing from Tilly's onlime, a few shirts and leggings. I looked at the tag on the items to make sure to wash them the right way. I wore these items once and now they are way to small. I will never by clothing from there again.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's