Review of Tilly's

Tel: 866-484-5597
customerservice@tillys.com

susant103
10/11/16

Well I love Tilly's, or at least the style. It's right up my alley. BUT, my only two experiences with this store have been less than pleasant. First I bought a pair of jeans in the store (which by the way were REALLY expensive), they were okay, lasted me about a year. The only thing was the legs were too long and the waist barely reached my actual waist. The second time I ordered three pairs on line. Two out of three of them didn't fit me. The two that didn't were so weird, the waist was really big while the legs fit just fine. Tried to fix it with a belt but it didn't exactly work out. And also, I'm a size small in jeans and pants but when I tried on the pants in the store I was like a five and it didn't even fit that well (I already mentioned how the leg to waist ratio was way off).
Anyway, the style might be cute but it's so not worth the hassle. Yikes, I would steer clear of this store no matter how amazing the clothes may look.

markg184
10/11/16

The workers made me feel happy and none made me unhappy and greeted me once I walked in

jackiew35
9/17/16

This was my first time using tillys. I placed my order before reading the reviews. I was nervous. But turned out great for me. My husbands items came in a timely manner and they were all there. Everything fits great. He was happy. I was happy. I would use them again

katiec22
9/9/16

I purchased a penny board on August 23rd and received men's boardshorts about a week later. I'm a woman so I have no need for these large men's shorts and I wanted my skateboard so I called customer service. I was told to email customer service and I did so. I received an email back a few days later saying to call customer service. ARE YOU KIDDING?! I call customer service and the lady emails me a return shipping label to tape onto the package and send the boardshorts back. I do so and called tillys customer service a few days later to find out why my board hasn't been shipped out. I was told that there needed to be movement on the return item from the tracking website before my board can be shipped. Why? I don't control USPS/FedEx and it seems stupid to make a customer wait even longer just because someone at your store/factory made a mistake.. I was also told that I will receive expedited shipping when my board does leave the warehouse. Well about a week goes by and the boardshorts finally made it to California so I call and I was put on hold for over 30 minutes (you'll be stuck waiting to speak to someone/get put on hold every time you call customer service!!). I was told that my beautiful penny board is now out of stock and I will be receiving a full refund in 3-4 business days. It's Friday so I won't be getting that money soon enough I have to wait even longer to get a damn board from this $#*! company! Honestly just avoid buying items online and get them from the store instead. I've learned my lesson x.x so much time wasted waiting for an item and then still not receive it in the end. I'll just go to the store and get one ugh lol.

ambert25
9/1/16

Never buy anything from tills!!!! on the website it say 60 day return policy and in store 30 day return policy!! And they wouldn't let me return a pair of shoes because I missed the 30 days just by 2 days this makes me sick I sat there and cried because those pair of shoes were $100 never shop at tillys I hope they go out of business! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeidaj
8/29/16

Horrible return policy. They will absolutely not bend any of their rules to please customers.

graceyl
8/25/16

So we ordered $450 worth of clothes here 3 weeks ago. Specifically got 2 day shipping. We placed the order on Monday, so they should have been here on Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday they still weren't here so we tried tracking the order. We clicked the link on the tilts website and it took us to fedex.com. There was a note saying " invalid tracking number"
So on Monday we decided to call costumer service. We were on hold for over 15 minutes. Someone finally picked the phone up and we told her what was going on and she said that three out of the four packages will be there today. Ok so 3/4 packages came that day. I was still a little mad that they didn't get there when they were supposed to. So a few days later I called to see where the fourth package was and someone said "well we don't really know where it is" . I was starting to get super frustrated because I was still missing four items. The next week one shirt came in a tiny bag. I was like where are the others clothes. So I call again and ask where the other clothes were and he said " well it looks like the other things you ordered were out of stock" WHAT??? They didn't say that on the website? Anyways, they still charged 50 for the four "out of stock" items and 20 for " two day shipping ". Also the fabric is super thin and see through. It looks nothing like the pictures on the website.

rv20
8/18/16

I recently made a purchase online and after not receiving the order on the scheduled date, I contacted their customer service line to inquire on the order. The hold time to get to a representative was over 30 minutes. This happened twice! The first time I gave up and tried sending an email to their customer support but the email was never addressed. The second time I got a hold of a female representative who obviously didn't like her job because she was not very helpful. I never received the order and had to go through my bank to dispute the charges. Will not be using their online store again.

kiarak
8/12/16

I ordered a backpack before school and I paid $20 EXTRA to get it overnight and they NEVER SENT IT OUT. what the heck kind of crap is that? They're customer service is crap they're website is crap the whole store sucks. If I could give less than 1 star I would in a heartbeat.

emilys118
8/7/16

Don't bother spending your money here! Customer service is horrible. When you call customer service, they tell you to email customer service?! I never heard back from them. Decided to chat with no success. I'm extremely frustrated because I love their products. I earned $40 in moola and am unable to use it. It says they're INVALID!!! WTF?! I first earned $30 in July. They emailed my codes and it says to use between 4/2016 and 5/2016. HELLOOOO it was July. Chat rep said oh sorry you can redeem them between 9/6 and 9/25. It is a known fluke in the system. Fix your sh**

aprilr22
8/2/16

First and foremost - I have been a loyal customer since 2004-2005. Over 10 years and counting. I began shopping at a store located in Oceanside, CA. Since then I have moved to an area where the nearest store is nearly a 90 minute drive. Therefore, I order online - A LOT. I don't mind the wait, I have never returned anything because I hate the hassle. If an item didn't fit the way I wanted, I simply chalked it up as a learning experience and held myself accountable. Kind of like ordering something new from your favorite restaurant and deciding it wasn't quite what you wanted - oh well, don't order it again? On my last order, I received my package with a GIANT hole. It is one thing to order something and realize it just doesnt quite fit right? But to purchase an item and have the item desyroyed BEFORE you recieve it? The WHITE RSQ shorts in the package are more black than white. Mind you, I paid extra for overnight shipping on these items so I could have them while on vacation. Not only were most of the items received more than 5-6 business days out - the last item received was extremely damaged. I contacted customer service only to have them tell me it would be more than a week for someone to get back with me and they were unable to process a return or issue a replacement item. Then he requests for me to send in pictures - which I understand and fully cooperated. However, I have merely received an automated response saying someone will respond within 24 hours. This was sent on a Thursday. Tomorrow is Wednesday and still no response? I have been going back and forth with this for over a week and getting nowhere. I love tilly's merchandise...but BEWARE their customer service is a joke and in the event you ever find yourself with a damaged item or needing to return - Good Luck getting anyone to even acknowledge you.

tinac69
8/1/16

We went in to shop because a friend of my daughters got a job at the store in Valencia. We waited for him to check us out when his manager made him take a break and someone else took over. Fine...no biggie. But then, the manager "yelled" at him in front of me and other customers about procedure. I went to the manager, "Billy" and apologized for making him take his break late and explained we requested him to check us out. He then raises his voice to me that "policy is policy". I said what about making customers happy. He said nothing. I explained I am not related to this person and just a friend who is here spending money BECAUSE this employee works there. He continues to raise his voice at me and was rude. I told him I was going to complain to the District Manager about his attitude and rudeness. His reply was "Whatever". Really? Who manages this way. I will never support this company again. I would advise you don't either. And if your teen needs a job, don't work at this place because clearly they don't care how managers are treating our next generation. Sad. I used to like Tilly's! Oh...and I called the District Manager to complain...no call back! DON'T SHOP HERE!

madisonp16
7/20/16

Twelve days ago I ordered two pairs of Rainbows flip flops. Tillys was selling them for a great price and so I didn't think anything of it. Here I am 12 days later wondering where my package is, I go to track my order using the stupid ID they gave me and it says "no package can be found with that ID". HM WHAT THE HECK. So I of course email customer service asking where the heck my package and when they plan on sending it to me. They tell me that they are sorry and give me instructions on how to report a package missing. Is that their way of telling me I'm not getting my shoes? ANNOYED AND WILL NEVER BUY FROM THERE AGAIN!!!!

serinax
7/19/16

Tillys was ok but it took forever to pay and when I finally got done and went home I was missing two items and some of the items didn't even have tags

aval11
6/26/16

I loved to shop at tilly's in the store and the clothes I got from there were pretty good but the prices were high for the material it's made of. My mom and I decided to buy something online if I payed her back so I order 2 halter tops and a pair of pom Pom shorts. We ordered the clothes at least a week and a half ago and the store kept pushing our order farther back when it should have come on Tuesday now it's saying we won't get the clothes until next Tuesday or Thursday. I'm beyond belief pissed about it and I canceled any further magazines coming to my house...

baileyh31
6/24/16

They have an awful shipping time it says 5-8 business days but it ends up being like 10-12 I have waited for my order for so long and I am still waiting. Never again will I buy things from Tillys online.

jodyj9
6/9/16

Order took WAY too long (longer than originally stated). When I called customer service they had no explanation. Will not order from them again.

michelleb187
4/10/16

I recently bought clothing from Tilly's onlime, a few shirts and leggings. I looked at the tag on the items to make sure to wash them the right way. I wore these items once and now they are way to small. I will never by clothing from there again.

alexh131
4/2/16

Maybe because it was Friday night; my friend and I received excellent customer service but I ended up buying so much more than I intended.
We were walking around the mall of victor valley and decided to check out Tillys. Of course we found many cute items and 2 girls helped us out enthusiastically. Selena and Josyln helped us both with our clothing decisions and were there for our size changes and such. We ended up buying much more than an outfit and having a good time too!

jeffh113
3/13/16

I bought some clothes from Tilly's about two months ago. I went there today to exchange the clothes and they told me I couldn't because it was over thirty days. All I wanted was store credit so I could buy something different. I will never buy anything from you guys again!!! Which sucks because I like your store.

rickys18
2/4/16

Terrible customer service and how they run their buisness. I went to order a pair of joggers on my phone and because their mobie sit is so glitchy, when I went to check out and hit submit my order, an error came up saying no items in cart. No order number or nothing. So thinking the order wasn't processed and that it didn't go through, I tried reordering it again, it went through I got the "thank you for ordering" along with my order number. I go to my email and PayPal only to see that I have been charged with two seperate orders for the same item. So after realize the first time I tried ordering it DID go through, I quickly sent them an email conerning my issue to cancel the order, since it was after customer service hours, making sure I could catch them before they both shipped. I quickly recieved a bot email saying since its the holidays, expect a response within 2-3 buisness days, however I made it a prompt to call them first thing in the morning, the girl I spoke to said she would put in a request to cancel one of the orders. Next thing I know a few hours later I get am email stating, both orders have been shipped! So instead of canceling my one order that decide to go ahead and send them both anyways! Then I get an email back from them saying we can't cancel the order because it has been sent, WHEN I ALREADY CALLED TO HAVE IT CANCELLED IN THE FIRST PLACE! Why would you send an order that was supposed to be cancelled? I informed them ahead of time but they act like it would of done something when apparently it wouldn't of made a difference anyways. I paid $8.00 freakin dollars for basic 5-8 buisness day shipping, and they already shipped it that quick? Seriously? Its not like my order was a priority to be shipped that fast. Tillys get your company together I called in enough time for the order to be cancelled. You don't give people anytime to have questions about an order. I made my order at 3am and called as soon as the lines were open 6am. Then you send the cancelled order at 12pm noon. Plenty of time. Lets hope when I go to return it at the store they give me my money back.

nicks110
2/3/16

on their site, they sell watches. no where on any watch page of the watches does it say no refunds / final sale etc. So I bought a watch. I got one for christmas so I returned the second one... no need for two. well they said they would honor my return because they agreed, it didnt say anything about no returns. After 28 days of waiting, I kept looking for money in my bank account. Finally, my wait was processed and they said they were NICE ENOUGH to send me a gift card. a gift card. what am i going to do with a gift card to over priced, terrible customer service - Tilly's.? They swore they mentioned it in the conversation. however they did not. do not buy because 1) you can probably find cheaper elsewhere 2) your return will never go as planned. flat out criminals. wish i saw this site before i bought

ccl3
2/2/16

I got two pairs of shoes $74 dollars. Following day got charge for $45 for no reason. I didn't order anything else. What the heck man. Stealing money, seriously?

abrahamo4
1/19/16

Bull$#*!

brandonb62
1/17/16

Tilly's is by far the worst online website i have ever witnessed. They have great products, which is why i visit it frequently. But every time I order ANYTHING from them, they are out of stock and instead of sending 2 items, they send 1. They are a $#*!ing joke, and I am done with it. Save the trouble, and DO NOT buy anything from their joke of a company. Also their customer service is complete dog $#*!.

There's a $7.00 return fee if mailed back

By Kurt B.

The finally gave me back some of the money they owed, but kept $30 for shipping. BUT I didn't use their shipping, I shipped it myself for $8. They are thieves. I've spent another $28 in long distance charges fighting with them and have emailed them over and over and over. They just don't answer. This company should not be in business.

By I B.

Horrible return policy. All sales final. I will not shop there

By Zeida j.

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING. If you don't get the right size and have to return it, it's very likely you will not get your money back and you won't get any help from customer service. I'm sorry if this answer isn't about size, but I feel I have to warn you. The clothes look beautiful on the site but they aren't worth it.

By I B.

Questions? Get answers from the Tilly's staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Tilly's