Review of TheRealReal

Tel: 855-435-5893
contact@therealreal.com

benjaminpauld
5/24/19

She went above and beyond answering my questions, apologized for my inconvenience and helped me with a new purchase! Very sweet, understanding and informative!

nancyc490
5/23/19

Ordered a pair of designer jeans, great price, should have known too good to be true! Measurements given were wrong! Said in very good condition, minor wear....they were fully worn out compared to new version on designer's website! Buyer beware! Not worth returning because shipping costs to Canada cost more than the jeans! So shipping return equally expensive.

mariec240
5/23/19

Bought a $6,000 watch. They use ground shipping! If you want your item sooner -- they charge more! A bracelet I bought from The Luxury Closet based in Dubai arrived in just 3 days!

lesliem213
5/15/19

The Real Real is an excellent site with high quality designer clothing available for very reasonable prices. The customer service is top notch. After making a purchase, I received continual updates from the site regarding the status of my item. My package was delivered promptly, was exactly as described and was beautifully boxed. Most impressed with this site!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Leslie,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We glad to hear that your experience was more than positive!

We hope to see more orders in the future.
alyssas89
5/14/19

I've ordered about five things, and so far all my orders have arrived just as described and an even better condition than usually described. Which is great because a lot of other resale sites I've used have been the opposite. I will keep using the real real!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Alyssa,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that the items you have purchased have exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to working with you in the future.
jamilae
5/10/19

I received excellent customer service from Jamillah B regarding a missing item. She was prompt, thorough and always personable. A pleasure from start to finish.

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Jamila,

Thank you for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to working with you in the future!
leot35
5/7/19

I have bought like 5 time on their website. Usually I am very careful when I order. I only buy when I am sure it will fit. I bought a suit ( prestine conditions ) I size is normally 54 but this designer's size 54 was not the right fit for me.
I sent a notice that I will be returning the article, I did it in less than 30 minutes after receiving the article. It's been almost a week since they receive the article back and I no news about them refunding me. I think is not fair . Even on ebay it's better .
I don't think I will buying from them anymore

kellyr239
5/6/19

I've ordered 2 bags of here and both listed in good condition, one Gucci and one Prada. My Prada bag was perfectly fine and my Gucci one is in horrible condition and non returnable. I paid less for the Prada bag and way too much for the Gucci bag. The pictures didn't show 90% of the wear and tear it has. The paint is almost entirely rubbed off the trim and the bag is so discolored. I'll never use it and wouldn't have even paid $40 for it if I saw the actual amount of wear in the picture. Instead I'm out almost $400. Shame on you The Real Real.

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Kelly,

Thank you for reaching out.

We do apologize that the item did not meet your expectations.

Product listed as "good" will show more prominent signs of wear as this the lowest condition rating.

Please note, we have reached out to you privately to further assist.

Hope to hear from you soon.
elenab73
5/4/19

They give you NOTHING, i gave them Chanel shoes, Prada Shoes, Gucci shoes, Dolce & Gabbana handbag etc and put so low prices and then not only that they keep 50% of this so it's the worse you can do, go and sell your stuff directly o Ebay or some other website you get nothing here I think or everything I gave them to sell, I'm going to get about 350 Dlls so as you can see, it's ridiculous and they are making tons of money with thousands of clients,so my advice is DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!!!!!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Elea,
Thank you so much for reaching out I am extremely sorry to hear about your concerns in regards to the commission adjustment, if you would like to reach out to us we would love to turn this experience around as much as we can. Thank you
elexusl
5/4/19

The so called handbag expert had me thinking my $3,100 Celine handbag that I paid $1,800 for on Poshmark was a counterfeit. I went so far as to purchasing a new Celine handbag from their store. After I went to Celine and looked at a few of the Mini Luggage's and saw a few with the same serial number imprinted on the inner pocket , rather than a tag , many of the newer bags have this .The bag I brought in that day has a serial stamp from 2017...obviously a lot newer. So the guy that evaluated my bag was not very knowledgeable, and needs to take some refresher courses!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Elexus,
Thank you so much for reaching out I am extremely sorry to hear what happened in regards to your item, we will never say an item is counterfeit, we do have an extensive process that items go through when it comes to authentication, some times designers might change something simple so then we reject an item stating authenticity concerns we will then request a proof of purchase from the consignor. I am extremely sorry to hear what happened with your item and if you would like for me to look a little deeper into the situation please don't hesitate to reach out to us by shooting us a message.
lucyl164
4/29/19

I purchased a gold pendant and necklace. The pendant is in the condition stated in the listing, but the necklace was damaged. I contacted TRR and included photos of the damaged necklace. I was given the option of a $50 site credit or a full refund. Having purchased other used gold chains recently, I know that the necklace itself would cost about $150-200 to replace. I asked them nicely if they would consider upping that credit. I received a response that instead of upping the credit, they were reducing it to $40!

"We've received an update from our management regarding the compensation that we can offer for you.
We do apologize for any disappointment this has caused you, however, upon checking with the item what we can offer is $40 site credit if you wish to keep the item..."

This is really amazing -- poor and inconsistent customer service, and truly bad business practice.

UPDATE: After some back and forth, including another email from the original customer service representative asking if I was going to accept the $40 offer, I got a response a few days later that they had decided to give me a $75 credit. I was fine that and the credit appears in my TRR account. I appreciated their willingness to review the situation and to reconsider, but it did take some time and effort to get a remedy.

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Lucy,

Thank you for reaching out.

We sorry to hear about the experience you had with our company.

We will be contacting you privately to further assist.

Looking forward to speaking with you.
graced89
4/18/19

More like 2.5 stars. I have never consigned with TheRealReal, but I have ordered a bunch of things as a customer and it's been a mixed bag. Their descriptions of the condition of each item are all over the place. Sometimes something will be described as having "light wear throughout" and it will come brand new with the original tags, and other times something will be described as "Excellent, no visible signs of wear" and have obvious stains, rips, etc. Their pricing is super inconsistent as well. Old and heavily worn items will be priced high, and brand new current season items will be very low. I really never know what to expect when I open a package from TRR, but at least their customer service is fairly helpful and will cover the cost of return shipping if something is not as described.

ls54
4/17/19
• Updated review

Forgot to add another comment to my updates re this site- After more than 4 yrs shopping...1. Selection: Re "designer" brands for pre-owned clothing, the best in my opinion, 2. Condition: "50-50"; beware; descriptions may be inaccurate (untruthful!); the more-famous/popular the designer, more incidents of "inaccuracy". Also, if you like designers who are popular with the counterfeiters, beware; I just returned a clothing item I was quite certain was a fake (and a really bad one; I'm a seamstress, and of course, have designer items). Although the Cust Svc agent was great in handling the return, they simply re-listed it for the next unfortunate customer, 3. Prices: Volatile; the more famous/popular designers prices continue to increase, 4. Customer Svc: Has improved, more agents added; most are courteous, and will attempt to retain you as a (happy) customer. Cust Svc is the reason I'm still shopping here, 5. Pet peeves - Shipping, and CA warehouse packing methods: 90+% of their inventory is stored in CA, and they've contracted for the slowest (ie, cheapest) UPS service- 7+ days from CA to PA - this is ridiculous and irritating! (USPS is 3 days Priority) And worse, this warehouse's packing policy is to squash your purchase in the smallest box they have, no matter what the item is, its size, or designer. Even if it is a very-top-european designer (ie, very-high original price), do not doubt that it will be SQUASHED into a 20x16x5 box (their medium box)! In all the items I've received from them (+90%), I believe that this warehouse just does not STOCK a larger box. (This is a slight improvement over their practice 3 yrs ago- I ordered a trench coat, several leather jackets (all w/ an original retail of over $600), and each was SQUASHED into a 16x12 TYVEX BAG as a mailing "container" - can you believe it?!! Obviously due to massive complaints, they've moved on into small boxes, haha) If you should be lucky to order an item stocked at their NJ warehouse, now this location does pack your precious item CORRECTLY; they use their largest box FREELY (28x18x6,approx), as EXPECTED for a high-original-value item! (Shout-out to NJ!) So, depending on what you like, and what you would accept, you may enjoy shopping here :))

“Yet Another Update (If you're interested); Good & Bad, as of 04/2019”
4/14/19
• Previous review

After more than 4 years as an avid shopper here, more so in the last 2 years, my conclusions: 1. Still good inventory; for 2nd-hand clothing, the best in my opinion, 2. Prices are volatile; I see increased $ for what they consider as top/popular designers, 3. Condition; re clothing, handbags & shoes: "hit & miss"; so the description you're reading may not be correct/truthful, 4. Customer Svc has improved; definitely more agents to handle all the calls - Cust Svc is the reason I return to shop; they're generally courteous & try to correct any problems with your order, or easy return (you pay), 5. Worst aspect of this site is ship via UPS; it takes 7+ days (!!!) from CA (where +90% of their stock is located) to PA - this is ridiculous and irritating! When they used Fedex, this carrier delivered on Sat, so the item could arrive on the 5th day after ordering (USPS is 3 days Priority), 5. Depending on what you like, if it is popular with the counterfeiters, beware; the item may not be genuine. I returned an clothing item because I was quite certain it was fake (and a really bad one too; I'm a seamstress, and I do own designer items), and had informed Cust Svc of this reason-they simply re-listed it, for some other unfortunate customer to buy (this is fraudulent). Sooo, good luck if you wish to shop here; depending on what you like, you may enjoy it!

“Yet Another Update from Repeat Customer”
11/27/18
• Previous review

Another update for this site, as a problem has recurred (for me)...General comments re this site (I only buy clothes, shoes & handbags): 1) Good inventory, 2) Truthful listing descriptions are the problem- consider 50-50 that the item's condition has been honestly provided. If "top designer", my experience is that damage, extreme signs of wear, etc, have been deliberately NOT LISTED so the item "appears" to be in acceptable state for wearing. 3) The saving grace for #2 is their phone cust. service; most reps are courteous, and will work with you for a return, or issue with the item. Latest development (late 2018) is addition of telework for their reps, so perhaps this situation will improve the morale of their staff (previously encountered several very terse, "unhappy" reps). 4) Newest warning: Items out of Brisbane, CA location can be inappropriately packed- I just received a leather jacket (approx original retail $700+) that was absolutely SQUASHED into a box the size for SHOES, 13x10x3!!! And, delivery before that was a TOP DESIGNER trench coat (sz Sm, womens), PLUS a pair of TOP DESIGNER sandals, BOTH SQUASHED into their next-larger size box, 16x11x4! (Delivery of a trench coat (sz Med) last year was simply packed in a SMALL!! Tyvex-type bag, not a box!) All this out of their CA warehouse; either management loves this manager for this dubious shipping "economy", or, they should be ALERTED...This kind of economy can possibly damage the items, but definitely IS CHEAP, clearly inappropriate for the particular high-$ item, and for PUBLIC RELATIONS! How can you continue to tout your "exclusivity" for high-end goods if you practice this kind of presentation and delivery? (BTW, all the items out of their NJ location are wonderfully and correctly, packed, in contrast - No complaints there) So, my conclusion: Take care with your selections, expect dissatisfaction with their listing descriptions, and perhaps, become acquainted with phoning their cust. service for a remedy. (Their email service is possibly too slow; 2 days to respond)

“Downward trend?”
12/8/16
• Previous review

Hah, this is my ongoing review of this site, 3rd update...Pros: Still a good inventory of items to view, 98% Excellent Service* via phone; Cons: *This is the 1st time I've encountered less-than-excellent service- Took 3 calls to resolve yet another factual omission by their "product listing" department. Asked for reasonable compensation (store credit) for repair of a damaged item that I wished to retain, despite the very-obvious damage as NOT disclosed in the listing. This last rep was very sweet and efficient in finally resolving this simple (!) issue; felt that I was given the "3rd degree" by the first 2 reps to prove that I was not fabricating this issue! A NEW "Con" for this firm: Excessive ship time by their carrier; it previously took 3 days from CA to PA, now its 5 days - I'm paying alot for this longer wait time that exceeds that by our own excellent USPS (3 days Priority Mail). And, I'm still encountering their ongoing, seemingly-permanent "Con"- deliberate MISREPRESENTATION of less-than-perfect condition of their items; the more famous the designer, the more it seems that any negative condition of the item is omitted from that listing, as in my last order. This frustrating, and time-consuming, and fraudulent! practice is the reason I have returned about half of my orders, thus far. Otherwise - yes, I whine, but I do like their inventory, and their customer service reps are still sweet and helpful, which in my mind, compensates for the firm's shortcomings, so I'm still shopping...

mariannem55
4/9/19

I had high hopes for consigning with the Real Real and their representative (Paula G. - who was great and very professional and knowledgeable) came to check my designer clothing from Paris (where I lived until recenty) took 10 items (Yves St. Laurent, Dior, Gucci vintage tote bag, Dolce y Gabanna pant suit, Calypso evening top, etc. etc.) Within days, I was informed by TRR that my items were being processed, a week later, they informed me that they were returning all of my items, except the Calypso top.
I had had everything professionally cleaned so was shocked to learn that the condition was unacceptable,(especially since I had indicated the "vintage" condition of some of them...and believe that vintage does not mean new?? even my Dior sunglasses (never worn) and Yves St. Laurent (never worn) clip-on earrings.

So, back and forth with e-mails because 2 items were missing, and now, a month later, an Yves St. Laurent animal print long cardigan is still missing with no explanation.

I am extremly frustrated, would NEVER consign, nor purchase, with them and still don't have my jacket. They don't even deserve one star and I only wish I had read all the negative reviews here and elsewhere before I contacted them....don't consign with them, you will lose stuff (see above reviews) like me.

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Marianne,

Thank you so much for reaching out I am extremely sorry to hear what has happened with this consignment process, I am happy to look into this for you, I will be sending you a message to get further information.
I look forward to resolving this matter with you,
carolynf103
4/9/19

Jamillah guided me through the return process. She was excellent in every aspect of the process-- very patient and definitely did all she could to make my experience one that I will treasure. I am recommending this company to all my friends and we all shop consignment stores. Whenever I need customer service, I will ask for JAMILLAH!!!!!

junet11
4/3/19

As someone who's too lazy to sell stuff myself and take it to the post office, I thought this would be a great way to get rid of some very nice (and unworn) designer items from my closet. Seemed to go well at first: they came to my house, took many items and sent me an email receipt with photos. (For a company that supposedly deals with "vintage", they don't seem at all familiar with certain vintage labels. To them, "vintage" apparently just means "2nd hand but not old". But okay, I guess I have to figure out what to do about the remaining items myself.)

Then the problems start. They say you can check your items online before they are made available and ask for them back if you aren't happy with the pricing, but they will lower them to bargain basement prices without telling you, and then you make next to nothing on the sale. Suit jackets were separated from the skirts, and when I called and asked them to sell them together, there was a HUUGE delay because they claimed they couldn't figure out which pieces went together and asked ME to tell them which "item numbers" were paired, but since they hadn't uploaded pictures yet, I couldn't tell. (I only gave them 2 suits and 1 jacket, so I don't see how hard this could be, especially considering the person who came to my house took pictures of each suit, with the jacket paired with the skirt.) Then they asked me for photos of the paired items, so I sent them their own photos back. Sheesh. A month later, some of the items still weren't available on the website, but they had somehow sold one of the suit skirts, separate from the jacket, against my express wishes. Another skirt was photographed all wrinkled, even though I had given it to them completely unwrinkled. A brand new, unused wallet was described as "light wear inside" (but the outside is somehow pristine? C'mon!) A brand new, with tags, tweed jacket was described as "light pilling all over". No, that would be the texture of the tweed, not "pilling". Jeez, they don't even know what pilling is.

I'll probably just wait and see if they can sell my remaining items (especially now that they've already sold one suit skirt) but I certainly won't be using them again.

gerryc48
4/1/19

I send TheRealReal a lot of clothes that I don't wear anymore for consignment. One particular consignment was of a pair of loafers. It has been three months since I sent in that consignment and in that time they still haven't put the shoes up on their website. Between these three months I have called multiple times and they're still not posted. Because of this, I decided to request my shoes back so I can sell them on my own. After multiple calls and emails to customer service, my shoes still haven't even been shipped to me. It's much easier to sell the clothes yourself and keep a higher percentage of the sale price then sell with the incompetent people that work at TheRealReal. Also, their so-called experts either under price my items to where they sell out in one day because of such an absurdly low price where I make nothing or they'll overprice the items to where after a year some items I consigned still have not been sold. Save yourself the time and the stress and sell the items yourself.

michaels2157
4/1/19

Just hit 10k+ worth of items sold and wanted to give my overall review.

First and most important thing is timely payment. Unlike many others I've never had any issue with Trr paying out commission. The amount gets locked in on the 15th of the following month, and I get a check in the mail the next week for exactly that. Never had an issue. Well done realreal.

Next is commission rates. Hey guys, just because you hit a certain payout tier doesn't mean all your items pay out that way. I see so much moaning from people who obviously didn't read the fine print. You only get top payout if the item is priced above a certain amount. Under that, there is a default lower commission. That said, I do see many of my items constantly priced right under the borderline of a higher commission. They would rather price something at $195 rather than $225 because it means they, instead of me, can take the bigger cut. Realreal, stop doing this. You are gaming the commission tiers to skew gains in your own favor at the expense of pricing items honestly and transparently.

Quality control and presentation. I actually think quality control at Trr is very high. As a consignor, I try to check all my items carefully to make sure they are in good condition before sending them in. The quality control team there constantly finds small spots and faults I missed and sends the items back. Obviously frustrating to me but it gives me confidence they only want to put defect free items for sale on the site. Items sent back are also always carefully packaged and wrapped in realreal bags and hangers at the company's expense. I appreciate the care taken for items even which the site will not sell.

Would I continue to use the site? Yes. Many other reviewers say they price items too low, then complain the items aren't selling. Well which is it? Either shopper hate deals all of a sudden or your items aren't worth what you thought. As someone who has sold on eBay, you better bet used clothing (unless it's a Hermès bag) isn't worth even anywhere close to retail. I value my time more than items I will never use again, and I certainly don't want to deal with photographing, measuring, styling, and shipping an item of clothing to a bunch of fickle buyers. If you have more clothing than free time, the realreal provides a needed, and imo very professional service.

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for reaching out, and leaving this review. In regards to your items; as a consignor you reserve the right to request a price increase for your items as long as they remain unsold. We cannot promise that this will be approved every time, but this is a extra layer of assurance that we have for our consignors. In the future please feel free to reach out to our team directly to discuss any pricing modifications as we are always happy to assist our consignors explore their options.

We appreciate your time, attention, and look forward to hearing from you.
joanp142
3/29/19

I was initially pleased that a customer service rep came to my home and picked up 20 items to assess, A handful were accepted . I was not disappointed with the service until I discovered that if you are not home M-F , you cannot get your Real Real unaccepted items without the hassle of going to a UPS location. Real real returned items were shipped via UPS to a location far from my home . In the future, I will go to a local consignment store or simply donate to a worthy cause. Not worth the hassle!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hi Joan, thanks for reaching out, we appreciate your feedback!

We apologize for the inconvenience regarding UPS signature requirements; it is in place because our items are all insured when delivering to and from our consignors. However, we are partnering with UPS currently to weigh our options regarding how we can continue to insure our packages without such demanding signature requirements.

If there's anything more we can do for you, please reach out to our Consignor Relations team and they will assist you to the best of our ability!

Thank you for consigning with us!
judyp140
3/29/19

I ordered a Prada jacket which I was so excited about. When it came it was in beautiful shape and the size (small) looked perfect so I stupidly took the tag off. What an error!! I put it on and realized the sleeves were so long they covered my hands. No big deal, I thought to myself, I can have those taken up. I zipped it up and it was so snug that it looked funny. Leaving it open was not an option because it made the shoulders look so wide that one would think it was from the 80's. When all is said and done it is totally unworkable. I realized too late that I could not send it back because it is very clearly written on the tag, "This item cannot be returned once tag is removed." Silly me.

femif3
3/22/19

I purchased alot of clothes but the last set of clothes bought in March one the pant horrible I dont think I can put that nasty short on or give it out going to go into garbage. I was disappointed

anushn
Anush N.
3/20/19

I called customer service and communicated my issue to jamillah B. She not only was wonderful and patient but very proactive. She instructed me what to do and resolved my issue!!! She is absolutely fantastic!!

tiffanym183
3/18/19

I started off with this company in 2016, and they were amazing at the beginning. I received 70% of the sold value of my items because I sold over a certain amount. Recently, they have lowered your share to 40% of the sale. They price your items really low without any approval (unless it's over $1K). I recommend using anyone but this company! Tradesy has also been a much better experience since you control 100% of pricing. Sad to see the company's greed take over. I will no longer be using their services.

monicae37
3/16/19

I have consigned many items with TRR in the past year or so including jewelry, paintings, high-end china, clothes and shoes. Results have been mixed. I have not been happy with how they have priced some of my items and this problem seems to have gotten worse lately with shoes and other clothes I sent them recently. Not only are they pricing things low but they mark them down the same day they post them! What is that about? I have asked but have not received a response yet. I will not be consigning with them anymore. I have better results selling clothes on Poshmark. Also, after reading some reviews posted here by buyers I will certainly not be purchasing stuff from them.

janety12
3/14/19

Website was not user friendly, customer service was bad. I had technical difficulties with my account and when I emailed customer service, I received no replies. I tried to order with another account, my order was cancelled automatically. However, shipping fee was already charged for an order that was not shipped. Two of other parcels that I have ordered and paid for, customer service have decided recall them without my consent and now its been shipped to an alternative location that I have no idea where it is, I paid $400 and received nothing and when I emailed customer service, there was no replies. I get a feeling that the company is severely under staffed and definitely does not provide any sort of adequate customer service to clients since the business model is based on selling goods which cost nothing at a profit and therefore it is in the benefit of Therealreal to minimise cost to maximise profit, therefore any customer service or hiring is minimised to maximise profit as the company would still be profitable even if their customers suffer adverse consequences. Don't buy from this website, especially anything expensive because you are taking a risk. When there is an issue, there is no one there to help you resolve it. The way that customers are treated is unacceptable.

I was contacted by Therealreal about this and they continue to not resolve the issue about my account, it is frustrating having someone email you but doesn't really listen to what you say at all. I think this is the worse retail platform or company I have ever dealt with when it comes to bad service.

Was contacted by Therealreal to solve the issue. However, the response from them just dropped off again. it is like you asked them to help with something, they've said yes and you never hear from them again and the issue remains unresolved.

Do not buy from them!!! Their return/refund policy is skewed to their benefit. In my case, I bought a Louis Vuitton bag and when it was received it was not in the condition advertised or the photos did not highlight the real wear of the bag and they refused to make a refund or credit. It's their lost because I have since bought many bags on Ebay which offers guarantee of refund should item be faulty or misrepresented. Also, on Ebay you can judge by seller feedback whether the seller is reputable and PRICES are so much less than on the REAL REAL. Their name should be changed to the REAL GREED!!!

By yolanda g.

Yes... I could see if you were applying for credit but just for a simple purchase that you purchased with a credit card is completely unnecessary for them to ask you for your Social Security number.

By E F.

I don't work for The Real Real I am just a satisfied customer, very satisfied! I see all the complaints, and just shake my head. Knowing how people can be, and also knowing the complainers are the ones who write letters, I can only assume they are "out of touch with reality", or POSSIBLY are competitors who are just being difficult to try and hurt the site. Remember, anyone can write anything, that does not mean it is true, nor are ALL the facts being presented! As for me, I am willing to show, and prove who I am, and the great products and service I received.

By Reginald M.

I do NOT recommend selling through TRR. Read all seller reviews. This a speed selling co trying to cash in on a quick commission. The prices they assign are RIDICULOULOUS at best. They are not there to get you a good price but a fast buck for themselves. They priced a brand new prada bag with a label on at $625. Minus 20% permanent discount, 60% of that, I receive a whopping $312. After 10 days wait of processing and seeing the prices assigned I pulled my items. I was shocked and even more upset. I rather give the cloths to charity or sell them myself. I think it is insiders who buy the best items at dirt cheap prices they assign themselves. As a buyer just today I receive a wrong item. They were going to research the problem and find the item I purchased, a coat. They sent me a dirty silk top... This is after waiting for 10 days to get the wrong item. This co is just very bad. Customer service is spotty. Some reps are just dreadful. They sound like this is a summer gig and they got no training, you can never speak to a supervisor, none is ever available, Read the reviews and decide if you still want to use this co. If you do, you will be disappointed,

By klara v.

I have returned things with no hassle at all.

By Janeen L.

Hi Frank, Thank you for reaching out. We apologize you have seen more negative than positive reviews. We would be pleased to advise you on our consignment process and share a little more insight about the RealReal.

By TRR S., TheRealReal Representative

Hello, We are sorry to hear of your concerns. If you can please send us your order number or email address we will happily research this further.

By TRR S., TheRealReal Representative

Hi John. I have some answers for you. If you receive a handbag that you suspect is inauthentic, please contact our Customer Service Department and note your concerns with them. You can reach the team at 855.435.5893 (option 1) Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm PST or via email at CustomerService@therealreal.com. The more specifics you provide regarding it's suspected inauthenticity the better we can assist you. We will then pass those concerns to our Authenticity Department to address and they will be able to pass on some major points of authenticity to avail your concerns. Our authenticators are trained in identifying points of authentication with an education that goes beyond what in store associates may have. Additionally, an answer of "we cannot authenticate this" from a brand is not the same as the item being inauthentic. Nevertheless, if you still believe the handbag is inauthentic, we will be happy to provide you with a shipping label to send the bag in for reinspection. Once the bag is reinspected, we will contact you with a number of solutions based on the outcome. We're always happy to make refund exceptions for our final sale items on a case by case basis. While it is absolutely your decision to dispute with your Credit Card company, we would prefer the opportunity to address your concerns directly and resolve the situation for you ourselves. Ultimately, we would never want you to have to keep an item you are unhappy with and will always be open finding resolutions that work for you. Hope this helps! Happy Shopping!

By Stan G.

If you like to be frustrated, disappointed and want to take a few years off your life, then yes consign with the real real.

By Miss U.

I work at The RealReal. The answer to your question is that we price the boots between $50 and $125 depending on style and condition. Thanks for inquiring.

By Stan G.
Questions? Get answers from the TheRealReal staff and other customers.

TheRealReal?