Review of TheRealReal

Tel: 855-435-5893
contact@therealreal.com

monicae37
3/16/19

I have consigned many items with TRR in the past year or so including jewelry, paintings, high-end china, clothes and shoes. Results have been mixed. I have not been happy with how they have priced some of my items and this problem seems to have gotten worse lately with shoes and other clothes I sent them recently. Not only are they pricing things low but they mark them down the same day they post them! What is that about? I have asked but have not received a response yet. I will not be consigning with them anymore. I have better results selling clothes on Poshmark. Also, after reading some reviews posted here by buyers I will certainly not be purchasing stuff from them.

janety12
3/14/19

Website was not user friendly, customer service was bad. I had technical difficulties with my account and when I emailed customer service, I received no replies. I tried to order with another account, my order was cancelled automatically. However, shipping fee was already charged for an order that was not shipped. Two of other parcels that I have ordered and paid for, customer service have decided recall them without my consent and now its been shipped to an alternative location that I have no idea where it is, I paid $400 and received nothing and when I emailed customer service, there was no replies. I get a feeling that the company is severely under staffed and definitely does not provide any sort of adequate customer service to clients since the business model is based on selling goods which cost nothing at a profit and therefore it is in the benefit of Therealreal to minimise cost to maximise profit, therefore any customer service or hiring is minimised to maximise profit as the company would still be profitable even if their customers suffer adverse consequences. Don't buy from this website, especially anything expensive because you are taking a risk. When there is an issue, there is no one there to help you resolve it. The way that customers are treated is unacceptable.

I was contacted by Therealreal about this and they continue to not resolve the issue about my account, it is frustrating having someone email you but doesn't really listen to what you say at all. I think this is the worse retail platform or company I have ever dealt with when it comes to bad service.

Was contacted by Therealreal to solve the issue. However, the response from them just dropped off again. it is like you asked them to help with something, they've said yes and you never hear from them again and the issue remains unresolved.

hf34
3/14/19

I bought a GBP 4500 2018 Chanel Chevron red sequins bag that was described as with tags and condition was pristine. How misleading! When it arrived the box was 4 times the size of the bag, so it was clearly not the original box and the sequins were missing from the corners and at the back. The sequins were not done very well - I was at the Chanel store in Mayfair and after I saw other sequins bag clearly what I bought was not pristine. I was to shy to ask them to check whether my bag is genuine as I don't want to be humiliated even though I have just spent a fortune for a "proper" flap bag with tweeds and sequins.

I ask Real Real customer service and all I was told was that the bag was like that and I was shown a photo which is very different from the non "photoshopped" versions of photos and all they can offer is a USD100 discount off my next purchase. I know it is a final sale but it is a trick for them to push substandard designer bags (even described as with tags and condition as pristine) at a ridiculously high price. I would advise anyone who look for pristine condition to stick to the Chanel/other brand stores and unless you want a handbag which are no longer available at the stores and you are willing to pay a huge premium for a substandard product. Also be aware that all their photos are photoshopped and professionally done and the end product which you receive will be very different. I am very disappointed. Although Real Real likes to market themselves as giving you access to designers bags at a cheaper price I think there is a long way to go - for a start their description of the bags is misleading and I don't think they are being honest which is always off putting for customers. They also like to market themselves as having authenticity checks - my bag may be authentic although I start to have my doubts it is certainly sub par and definitely not worth the price. Their shipping cost is also higher than Harrods and Selfridges and take way longer so it begs the question- why bother.

thomasd338
3/13/19

I got a engagement ring from them its absolutely beautiful.
I got it polish and clean it looks like new .
I pay 3500$ for it and when I got it appraised they say it would cost 7500 $ if I where to both it new ..
Very happy customer

danab174
3/10/19

Omg i love u guys..yall never disappoint...when i called to say how happy i was i spoke with Jamilah she was soooo nice and pleasant and friendly so easy to talk too...Thanks real real!!!!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Dana,

Thank you for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

We look forward to working with you in the future!
sandyl122
3/5/19

I Have consigned quite a bit but have since pulled ALL my items that have not sold. I sent a large lot of expensive jewelry with 16 14K rings. They lost the most expensive tanzanite and dia ring. Took 5 months to resolve and they have agreed to pay me a 1/3 of what it should have sold for. Fraud at it's finest. They will sell your items way below what they should sell for and keep marking down. They care less about the value as long as they sell and get their commission. Their customer service is below average and the people that come to your house to pick up items are far from knowledgeable. I have bought jewelry from them at good deals but clothes is another story - usually not in good condition and many things with odor. Their top management needs an overhaul. Be very very cautious of giving them expensive jewelry unless you dont care what it sells for. They will almost give it away to get their commission. I worry about yhem closing their doors and leaving with everyone things. Unorganized, unprofessional and not honest. Could be a great company but they need to clean house at the top.

jasbeenn
3/4/19

I have been purchasing from the Real Real for over 2 years now and so far, I have experience excellent service and items I have ordered have been exactly what I ordered. I did receive and item I did not order and I contacted them immediately, they sent me a shipping label to return the item, they sent me the item I had purchased. Customer Service rep contacted me and left voicemail after the item had shipped. Mistakes happen and I understand that. As long as they offer to fix the issue, that's what matters the most.

rosed117
3/3/19

The Prada bag I purchased was listed in "good condition". It arrived balled up in a tiny box and is literally destroyed! Even the zipper is busted (conveniently that was cropped out of the photo) shame on me for expecting an honest description. Of course the bag is not returnable, okay. After reading reviews, I wouldn't trust this company to issue me a refund anyway. I certainly won't try to consign it with them; ANYONE who paid money for this bag would be as disgusted as I am.

elizabethw322
3/2/19

Beware! As a Real Real consignor, I have had issues with:
items lost, damaged when they were sent in perfect condition & very well packed, commission structure changed after my items were sent, received items taking over a month to be listed for sale, sold items showing in pending status for 2 months & no commission paid out and multiple account representatives that keep rotating without following through on resolving open issues, inconsistencies on pricing & item misrepresentation. They are overwhelmed & understaffed.

jerik7
2/26/19

I have been a Real Real customer for the past three years, having both bought and sold through you. For the most part, I have been satisfied with you, but after some recent experiences and now reading some of these reviews, I am now starting to question whether I will continue with you as a customer.

Firstly, there is no consistency. Whether it be with items you sell/accept for consignment, pricing of those, condition of items, and even shipping. For example, WHY, all of a sudden, without explanation, do you no longer ship certain clothing items and leather goods overseas when you did previously? I well understand exotic materials like fur, snake or croc are problematic, and I have no issue with that. But I am referring to angora or lamb and calf leather. Nothing exotic. There are other vendors who ship these items internationally without any issues. Why can't you?

Second, regarding shipping: why don't you offer different shipping options? The postal service and DHL are much better options than UPS and Fed Ex for some of us.

Also, as an overseas buyer, returning items is a nightmare for us. You do realize that every time an overseas buyer has to do a return, they're completely on their own since you offer NO support to us. That means, not ONLY being stuck paying expensive duties on an item they aren't even keeping, but having to pay expensive shipping costs to return the items. If you ship via DHL, for instance, a buyer could use that to return the item WITHOUT being hit with massive duties and customs fees. Even if we were charged for return shipping, it would be much less using your account than doing it on our own.

Third, and this is one of two reasons, I'm giving you one star and why I'm questioning continuing my relationship with you: WHY have you raised the prices on all your Chanel items, literally from one day to the next? I had several items on my Wish/Obsession list, which have all doubled in price between Sunday and Monday. You think we didn't notice that?? You're not fooling anyone.

I know Lagerfeld just passed away and perhaps you're trying to capitalize on that. Or perhaps it is related to the lawsuit Chanel has brought against you. Either way, price gouging is bad for your business and shows really bad faith on your part. Even if the items are in good condition, they are still pre-owned, second-hand and don't warrant charging premium price. So now, you will be stuck with more stock accumulating in your warehouse that won't move because you got greedy! I had intended to purchase THREE of those items on my list yesterday, and won't be buying now because of your price increase! So BRAVO! You've just lost a $3K sale! Idiots!

Fourth, and the second reason for one star, the reviews you've received from your employees on Glassdoor are absolutely appalling and horrendous! How can you talk about sustainability on the one hand and treat your employees so poorly on the other? I start to understand why there are quality and customer service issues and a high turnover in your company, along with a massive number of customer complaints. Additionally, the complaints about bad managers or management being out of touch and only looking out for themselves resonate. The decision to increase the Chanel prices is a perfect example of this and a reflection of a short-sighted and poor management decision! Equally disturbing are the allegations of theft of merchandise by some of your workers. For customers who consign high value items, this is alarming. What measures are you taking vis-à-vis loss prevention? How do you compensate a customer whose items were stolen? I have worked in retail, I am aware theft is an ongoing issue, but theft of the items we entrust you with to sell becomes OUR loss as well.

Resale and recycling are GREAT concepts and a great business model. But the people who work for you ARE your company, just throwing them a few crumbs in free lunches is not enough to make up for being underpaid and abused. Your bad, toxic managers and the HR that enables them are the problem. Management which mistreats your customers along with its employees will hurt your bottom line, damage the viability of your company and drive you out of business.

dianney5
2/25/19

I purchased a Gucci Handbag, the description was vague as to exact color name, model # etc., The bag has 2 water stains that were not mentioned, and the piping shows wear; neither were mentioned! It said dustbag was included- a RealReal dustbag NOT a Gucci dustbag arrived. It also has a hole punch in the serial number tab; which indicates it is an OUTLET Bag. I am disappointed that this wasn't DISCLOSED, as it most certainly would have influenced my decision to purchase it. (I wouldn't have) ..There was no link to ask a question about the bag, nor was the serial number pictured in any of the photos. (now I know why!) Have had much better experiences on other sites, that provided plenty of information and more/better photos, with an area to ask questions. I did understand it was at a discount, and because of that a final sale, with no returns. What I did not understand, was that they would not be completely forthright and honest in their description. It also cost me $11.95 to ship (within the same state! 44 miles! ) and it still took 10 days to arrive! Fairly confident that I will NOT be buying from them again.....so many better options out there for pre-owned luxury items.

ab354
2/22/19

I'm a frequent shopper at the The Real Real and have scored a number of good deals there. Recently, I purchased a pair of Christian Louboutin suede boots from them, and was really excited to receive them. My excitement turned to disappointment as soon as I opened the box. My new beautiful boots were fakes-- obvious fakes! The suede was fabric, not real leather, "Made in Italy" was all one word, the gold stamping inside was sloppy and bled-- textbook counterfeit Louboutins. I contacted the Real Real and they handled my return swiftly and all my money was refunded. Imagine my surprise, though, when the very same confirmed counterfeit boots I had just returned were listed again for sale! My advice is to make sure to do your research on whatever item you are buying and thoroughly inspect an item when you receive it to insure you are not buying a fake. Extra star for customer service and ease of returns.

ericn100
2/22/19

I was referred to the TRR by a very beautiful friend of mine and she was right. Great deals and amazing selection all delivered quickly and professionally. A+ customer service too

nicoled199
2/22/19

I had an issue with a product receive and Jamillah took care of it right way. We spoke the issue, she provided me pointers and exceeded my expectations. This is want customer service is ALL about, exceeding expectations and follow through. She even provided and email upon conclusion of our conversation. Thank you for a great customer service experience.

alexandriag8
2/21/19

Sold $40,000.00 + of my goods. Took MONTHS to get paid. Had to call Private Equity firm in Boston because of frustration, lack of return phone calls, promises of money, etc.

Goods that did not sell were shipped to OLD address and then finally shipped to me. LOOK at pictures of boxes that was my merchandise and merchandise I purchased. MAJOR DAMAGE TO ALL Merchandise (just firm boxes and more tape). Told they would have manager return calls. To date, no phone calls or emails.
NO return call from girl who came to my house.

lisaw574
2/19/19

I have enjoyed shopping with The Real Real however, I recently realized they take $11,95 off EACH item returned so even if you send three or four things back in one box with one $11.95 label, they charge you per item..so sadly, I will no longer be buying from them, when it costs shipping to receive and shipping per item to return,over $20 just to try, its not worth it! It would be interesting to see what their shipping business makes them in terms of profit versus the merchandise! Buyer BEWARE...

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out.

The RealReal only charges for the label that has been used. Our customers send in multiple returns in one box everyday and are only charged one fee of $11.95.

We will gladly go over your returns with you, if you would like.

Please let us know.
pamc132
2/18/19

Handled my inquiry efficiently and was very friendly. It was refreshing to receive such efficient service

andreeai2
2/18/19

Had an issue with shipping:/ Jamilla stayed on the phone with UPS until the problem was solved (30 min!!) The order is finally heading home to me:)) Thank You Jamilla!!

sharonh374
2/15/19
• Updated review

If anyone needs help with this disgusting place, please feel free to contact me. We are meeting next week with the lawyers to proceed- and we all deserve justice! When I first spoke to the CFO, I blurted out-are you a used car salesman! Turns out my instinct was right these people are white-collar criminals and justice must be served.

Contact me at ssphe22494@gmail.com. We can beat this, stay patient!

“Consignment Catastrophe - Here to help others as unfortunately must litigate”
1/3/19
• Previous review

First, let me say I am writing this to help all of you out there silently suffering from being grossly mistreated by this company. I truly want to help all of you that have been hurt by this company, as well as my daughter and myself, as this has been a really horrific, traumatizing experience, and I'll just give a tiny piece of what's happened. I don't want to publicly say too much, but know I am speaking 100 percent truth.

I bought from this company, since their inception, and gave them more money than I'd like to admit to myself. I was a terrific customer for certain, and although I don't expect anything from anyone, I surely would have thought this company treated people like humans, and did the right thing when it came to business. I had been pleased with my endless purchases, and I'm easygoing, I'm not a big, 'returner', and thought the CEO really must have it together, so when I thought of editing my massive closet, it was a no-brainer for me to use them. After all, this * made her millions off of all of us--it's simply a middle man selling our clothes. Little did I know they'd rob us without a gun-really. And then try to beat well me, anyways, and my daughter down, mentally. Little did I know what awaited me-when I finally caved and consigned with them. It's been an absolute nightmare. After six months, no resolution, just awful folks, I have come to realize I am not alone. Many of you have had serious issues with them, and they treat you horribly as well and I want to help. Tonight at a party, it was mentioned, and can you imagine-12 other people had consignor stories that were so disturbing to them-and this was one or two items for these folks. I had over 200! Many still unaccounted for, they don't care-and it starts with the CEO and we will go to court and litigate, my lawyers have been ready, I have not. Ok I'll briefly describe just a tiny bit

We lived in NYC and NJ our entire lives, when suddenly I found my life, my 22 year old son on my sofa Dec. 6, 2016 dead. My-ex, the father of my kids and still very much family, so my daughter and well we decided we must move and be with him as we were shot. So in July'17 we moved to West Hollywood to be with him, and he passed away a week later. (John Heard-Home Alone Dad). We lost half our family that day in six months, and here my daughter and I were in a place we have always visited several times a year, but it wasn't home but it was and is our new home. So we were and still are to some extent aliens here, and we crashed hard and I decided it best for us to really sorta retreat into our grief and mourning-I gave it one year, for us to tend to our emotional health as hardest time of our lives. We have been isolating, and nesting and healing in our home, so this consigning stuff really was not my deal, I didn't want to, but reluctantly agreed.

* kept asking me to consign, as I have just a massive wardrobe of amazing designer clothes. I took months to decide, as I really didn't have the strength, or the need, but I finally in grieving came to feel that cleaning out some of my closet would be helpful mentally, and without me having to leave my home. The white-glove service, was set up in July '18, and I was told my clothes would not be sold until September, and we'd go over everything. Fast forward they sent this woman *, and an assistant, he was fine. But that day I had a tornado go through my house with this woman, taking well-over 200 items, extremely high-end, including so very many items of mine I had just bought! I kept saying no no, and when I'd turn to help her with something, she'd grab more clothes, and it was truly frenetic beyond words. My 23 year old daughter and I were in shock and trying to stop this erratic behavior to no avail. Anyways she suddenly grabbed a bunch of clothes and said leaving, I said wait--no signed contract, no list of items, I was told not to worry it was signed. She, spoke over me telling me I'm wrong it's signed. I knew I never did. Fast-forward, they sold clothes straight away-not waiting until September, and here I see all my new clothes I just bought for me-had sold! And with unsigned contract, without my permission, pieces I never ever approved, I had just purchased! For instance 2k Gucci boots I just got sold for $300. Moreover, the items I did approve, they so grossly undersold-there are no words to describe. Lost items galore -For over six months I have tried to reason starting with this *, she finally admitted I was right unsigned, and yep she took my new current pieces,she saw it was true, then she blocked me told me her manager would make adjustments. I went from one to another patiently for six whole months (my mom dying in between,Oct 12 and our doggie) all the way to the top, this company promised adjustments, and that I was only one this happened to -which is not true. They dropped me like a hot potato told me they look forward to speaking to my attorneys. This new guy from *, the new CFO, treated me so awfully, that I have lost countless nights sleep, and must start the long arduous litigation process, as again, it's over 200 items, and I don't have enough pages to tell you the unprofessional, and more importantly unkind, inhumane way they treated me. This has effected me in such a deep way, as again missing Dior Bags, Chanel Bags, but moreover, as my daughter said, "Mom I have never seen people disrespect people the way this company does". And that has hit hard and that is truth. They don't care about people whatsoever--I have suffered endless hours of actual tears and agony that people can truly be so so so cruel. I think being in mourning has left me very quiet and private which I always have been, but I never knew people could be so well, dishonest and again cruel I reiterate. They took the dress my son told me he loved right before he passed, I mean this has been seriously emotionally disturbing and there is comfort in knowing I am not alone as they lied and told me I was only person this ever happened to. But no, actually this has in fact happened to countless others maybe you! After four months of patience, I went to the CEO, she got straight back to me, I truly thought they would be professional at that time. Only to have it get so much worse, that it nearly cracked me. Yes, I have lawyers, I have met with them, they wanted to take it to the papers, truly, as it involved some delicate public interest people, but I'm still mourning, but I know full well every missing piece, every piece sold-for instance I bought a Gucci dress from them 3 weeks prior to consigning. I adored this dress-Tom Ford 2001 bought for approx. $600. They took that dress behind my back, sold for $75--same dress same company, tags still on!! Now it's on firstdibs for $4500 as a collectors piece which I knew. Endless scenarios like this I have.

Without revealing all the horrific truths, this company not only robbed me, they accused me of being dishonest.. Now that is so incorrect, and untrue, I have been entirely honest and asking next to nothing from the, just begging them for this paltry amount which they had agreed to straight away as they knew I asked so little! But see I told them I don't sue-so when they heard that they dismissed me, and treated me like a servant rather than a customer. They took the remains of my life that I loved and just trashed me, and then dropped me as if I'm some insane person. They knew of my heartaches never once said sorry for your loss, nothing. I have never, in my 57 years of being alive, been treated so poorly and illegally by a company.

One night I couldn't sleep so I googled this company. It was right after meeting with our wonderful attorneys, who are great guys really! I just hate all this, I pleaded with this company to give me peace for their mistakes to no avail. Well in googling, that's when I found countless others of you are going through same thing-they lied to me. Then, even tonight i met oh well over a dozen people at a party telling me same story with this site. Consign with them, they are getting away with this with no remorse very little retaliation. They truly are robbing folks. Selling 3k coats for 50 bucks. And tonight I was also made aware that they are also selling fakes! Which I do believe because i had one fake Chloe in my closet sold to me on ebay years ago-well * went to take it and I saw this happening and I exclaimed, "No no-that's ony fake I own-I must give that away-you can't sell that". Now I realize all the pieces of the puzzle are fitting together-this is their thing-J* is into quantity - sort of a retail "pump and dump'. She does volume and isn't screwing herself-we are all getting screwed and as they put it, "they look forward to speaking to our counsel". I realize now that the volume of complaints and wrongdoings is so massive, that they refer folks to our attorneys, in hopes we don't pay the 20K retainer to fight them. But I am this New Year, it is that bad, and I can't begin to list how bad.

If anyone else needs help, please get in touch with me, I want to help all of us that have been truly robbed and hurt by this company. It's really a personal, messed up thing they do-if you get it- you get it!!! I I believe in resolving issues. They took advantage of my kindness and hoping I was too frail but I am strong as an ox, I have seen what they are and if I'm stuck fighting, which they put me here not me, well I am a fighter and a survivor, and I have every text and email and phone call so here we go. Not my idea of fun but we must pick our battles and I choose this one for the inhumanity of it all.

Oh - And I know another unhappy Consignor-well I have her blouse! Can you imagine, I bought a $3500 Comme des Garcons current blouse sold-out at Barneys for $100 several months ago?! Of course now I really won't shop there, but I'd be a fool not to grab that up! I feel awful really for the consignor.

oh and a little PS--Can you imagine I'm still getting emails from some new guy - saying, "Congratulations, Sharon, all your clothes sold! Consign more". None of this is true. The left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing in this company! They want to keep us confused-I'm not! Happy New Year. Good Luck and I'm here if you need to vent or my help- I have a private instagram kikkibluesvancouver3

*Personal information redacted by admin

Tip for consumers: They are truly scam artists in 57 years I have never, ever had a problem and I an a consistent shopper at Neimans and such.

joannab72
2/15/19

Ordered a pair of Louboutin shoes that were listed as Very Good Condition with only slight scuffs on the soles. Received the shoes and there was a spike missing (they were the peep toe heels with spikes all over). Absolutely no mention of this damage in the description. Because I am Canadian I paid duty and taxes which was an extra $138 which I would be out if I returned them, along with the cost of return shipping. Contacted them and was offered a $30 credit lol. Um, no thanks I will never order from them again! When I told them that it was ridiculous that I should be out any money due to either an oversight or blatant scamming on their part and that they should be reimbursing me at least $50-$75 they just didn't respond. Don't take the chance - very expensive lesson learned for me!

jp244
2/8/19

Shipping to Canada/International is over $45 CAD even if you only ordered a single shirt (which is lightweight) or a heavy coat or multiple items. There are also import duties you will definitely pay. I put myself on the waitlist for an item which became available, I purchased it, paid duties, and it was 2/3 sizes larger than what was described on the website. They replied to my inquiry but only offered a $50 STORE CREDIT if I keep, or return it (but I will lose the duties I paid). Haven't heard from them since I asked about the duties or a refund of $50 (instead of credit), they stopped responding.

annb416
2/8/19

Jamillah helped me with a missing package shipment with UPS. She was prompt, professional, efficient, pleasant. She acted quickly contacting UPS and helped resolve the issue. I recieved my item within 5 days. Jamillah called to follow up to make sure everything was ok. SHE WAS FANTASTIC!!!

janellew16
2/6/19

I find beautiful designer goods that are usually up to par, there have been a few times where I have received items with holes or shoes with minor dirt on them (but nothing major or gross). The customer service is pretty good, however, I do not like the charges that they take out for returns, that is a bit unsettling. Other than that, I give a thumbs up for this site, they have done a lot better at advertising flaws than they have in the past!

patriciaj184
2/4/19

Ordered a shearling coat and the condition was noted as "Excellent" and "No signs of visible wear." I received the coat to find a huge tear under one of the pockets and the inside pockets were detached and hanging down below the hemline. I really liked the coat and I reached out with photos showing the condition and requested a price adjustment. They offered a $50 site credit - meaning they wouldn't cover the cost to get it fixed at a special tailor and I would need to spend more money on their site. I doubt it would have been priced anywhere close to where it has been if the damages were noted on the product page. Once I said that won't do, the offered to accept the return - as if adhering to their return policy was doing a huge favor for me (return tag is still intact). They offered to pay for the return shipping (which should be a given in this situation) and I had to ask them to refund the original shipping cost as well. Extremely unpleasant to deal with. I've had horrible experiences consigning with them too. This will be the last time I give them any of my business.

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out.

We are so sorry to hear about your recent experience. At the RealReal we strive to deliver elevated service to all of our clients and we're sorry to hear that the service you received was not up to The RealReal standards.

We can confirm a full refund will be issued once the item has been received. We have also, added notes to the order about the condition so, it may be reviewed.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.
charmainej8
2/1/19

The quality of the product is amazing. My Vera Wang dress looked amazing on me - arrived early enough that "if" I had a problem with fit, indeed I could do something about it. The dress quality was excellent. I'm wondering why would I ever buy a designer brand new! I am excited and look forward to purchasing from the Real Real in the future!

Response from TRR S., TheRealReal Representative
Hello Charmaine,

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying your Vera Wang dress.

We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you in the future!

Do not buy from them!!! Their return/refund policy is skewed to their benefit. In my case, I bought a Louis Vuitton bag and when it was received it was not in the condition advertised or the photos did not highlight the real wear of the bag and they refused to make a refund or credit. It's their lost because I have since bought many bags on Ebay which offers guarantee of refund should item be faulty or misrepresented. Also, on Ebay you can judge by seller feedback whether the seller is reputable and PRICES are so much less than on the REAL REAL. Their name should be changed to the REAL GREED!!!

By yolanda g.

Yes... I could see if you were applying for credit but just for a simple purchase that you purchased with a credit card is completely unnecessary for them to ask you for your Social Security number.

By E F.

I don't work for The Real Real I am just a satisfied customer, very satisfied! I see all the complaints, and just shake my head. Knowing how people can be, and also knowing the complainers are the ones who write letters, I can only assume they are "out of touch with reality", or POSSIBLY are competitors who are just being difficult to try and hurt the site. Remember, anyone can write anything, that does not mean it is true, nor are ALL the facts being presented! As for me, I am willing to show, and prove who I am, and the great products and service I received.

By Reginald M.

I do NOT recommend selling through TRR. Read all seller reviews. This a speed selling co trying to cash in on a quick commission. The prices they assign are RIDICULOULOUS at best. They are not there to get you a good price but a fast buck for themselves. They priced a brand new prada bag with a label on at $625. Minus 20% permanent discount, 60% of that, I receive a whopping $312. After 10 days wait of processing and seeing the prices assigned I pulled my items. I was shocked and even more upset. I rather give the cloths to charity or sell them myself. I think it is insiders who buy the best items at dirt cheap prices they assign themselves. As a buyer just today I receive a wrong item. They were going to research the problem and find the item I purchased, a coat. They sent me a dirty silk top... This is after waiting for 10 days to get the wrong item. This co is just very bad. Customer service is spotty. Some reps are just dreadful. They sound like this is a summer gig and they got no training, you can never speak to a supervisor, none is ever available, Read the reviews and decide if you still want to use this co. If you do, you will be disappointed,

By klara v.

I have returned things with no hassle at all.

By Janeen L.

Hi Frank, Thank you for reaching out. We apologize you have seen more negative than positive reviews. We would be pleased to advise you on our consignment process and share a little more insight about the RealReal.

By TRR S., TheRealReal Representative

Hello, We are sorry to hear of your concerns. If you can please send us your order number or email address we will happily research this further.

By TRR S., TheRealReal Representative

Hi John. I have some answers for you. If you receive a handbag that you suspect is inauthentic, please contact our Customer Service Department and note your concerns with them. You can reach the team at 855.435.5893 (option 1) Monday - Friday 10am - 6pm PST or via email at CustomerService@therealreal.com. The more specifics you provide regarding it's suspected inauthenticity the better we can assist you. We will then pass those concerns to our Authenticity Department to address and they will be able to pass on some major points of authenticity to avail your concerns. Our authenticators are trained in identifying points of authentication with an education that goes beyond what in store associates may have. Additionally, an answer of "we cannot authenticate this" from a brand is not the same as the item being inauthentic. Nevertheless, if you still believe the handbag is inauthentic, we will be happy to provide you with a shipping label to send the bag in for reinspection. Once the bag is reinspected, we will contact you with a number of solutions based on the outcome. We're always happy to make refund exceptions for our final sale items on a case by case basis. While it is absolutely your decision to dispute with your Credit Card company, we would prefer the opportunity to address your concerns directly and resolve the situation for you ourselves. Ultimately, we would never want you to have to keep an item you are unhappy with and will always be open finding resolutions that work for you. Hope this helps! Happy Shopping!

By Stan G.

If you like to be frustrated, disappointed and want to take a few years off your life, then yes consign with the real real.

By Miss U.

I work at The RealReal. The answer to your question is that we price the boots between $50 and $125 depending on style and condition. Thanks for inquiring.

By Stan G.
Questions? Get answers from the TheRealReal staff and other customers.

TheRealReal?