Shopee Malaysia

Trustpilot
1.4 / 5
Reviews.io
3.3 / 5

Shopee Malaysia has a consumer rating of 1.56 stars from 36 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Shopee Malaysia most frequently mention customer service problems. Shopee Malaysia ranks 373rd among Marketplace sites.

How would you rate Shopee Malaysia?

“Affordable and convenient”

Amirul n.
7/16/19

This website offer things through auction that you can bit the price that you want. They offer discount on their item starting from RM 1. This is very good and fun.

“Shopee promotes and encourages sellers to cheat”

andrew c.
9/13/21

Shopee always pushes propaganda like "shop with confidence", but when you get cheated by shopee sellers, they just say "it's ok, next time don't get cheated" "it is ok u get cheated, as long shopee makes all the money from you to pay their useless customer service salary and hire celebrities to dance in a shopee ads" Not safe to buy from shopee. Avoid shopee at all cost.

andrewc1472
September 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

Not safe to buy from shopee. Avoid shopee at all cost.

Tip for consumers:
Don't trust shopee. You will end up regretting.

deepakg42
June 27th, 2020

Pathetic customer support. After telling me that my refund is in process I get a mesage that its been cancelled since they dont have enough proof. Thats even after the seller told them that they have received the goods back and to process the refund

What this tells me is that shopee is run by a bunch of greedy goons who don't mind ruining their reputation for a couple of bucks they haven't delivered on. Its back to lazada for me.

sereney4
February 8th, 2021

AVOID SHOPEE!
I received a malfunction item. Requested for return/refund with pics. My nightmare starts. 1st they will get the seller to harass u for few days. Then the customer service will send this request.
"Please follow steps as below:-
1. Create Youtube/ Google drive or any video account
2. Record and upload the video
3. Send us the video link for investigation purpose"
(Am I pitching for a project here!)
To me this is clear sign of forcing buyer to give up our return/refund request.
Scam collaboration...?

Tip for consumers:
There will be red tapes after red tapes to force buyer to cancel your return/refund request, even if it's malfunction item.

duckf1
November 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

If you want to buy counterfeit health and beauty goods, this is the website to go to. Even AliExpress doesn't sell counterfeit (i. E copied packaging of legitimate items) health/beauty items. Customer service is garbage. Turns out you need to BUY an item in order to report the fake item, even then, they WILL side the seller in the end. "100% Authentic Guarantee" my foot.

crossm5
September 27th, 2021

This is the first time I come across a shopping platform that actually encourages selling of fake products. Sellers are protected as Shopee never take action against fake product advertisement to mislead buyers. Beware of words such as "OEM", "Factory", "Refurbished", etc. The return policy is a joke. Imagine buying something at 10 bucks and the product arrived broken/wrong/fake. Would you return it if the courier charges is 5 bucks? Most people would just shrugged it aside. And that's how most sellers do their business in $#*!pee. Selling poor quality or imitation products at low price by bulk, knowing buyers won't returning them due to the hassle and the forms to fill. Lazada would have higher integrity than this. And if you guys can wait on delivery time, AliExpress is still better.

Try Lazada or Aliexpress

Products used:
None. Poor quality and have to be thrown away.

hidayahs
June 29th, 2021

Item already in the station Klang Utara Hub for a few days but no progress for the delivery. I am very disappointed with Shopee Express.

amiruln
July 16th, 2019

limj8
June 1st, 2021

The seller provide bad service and talk to me with bad attitude. As a buyer, I never know that give ratings without give comment considered as irresponsible buyer. The seller also never put people into consideration whether they are busy to reply to your message or not. Of course, I'm very angry with the seller's attitude and I ask for apologies. Till the end, seller replied me back with horrible message as well. I think buyer have the right not to write their comment and honestly the product was not functioning just like cheating people to buy.

The seller's name =26thbyaudrey
The store =SexyTonight

ahy2
July 8th, 2020

Story line: want to buy 4 silk comfortable underwear(RM10.10 each), applied free shipping voucher with min. Spend RM15, when want to make payment, being charged for unreasonable price of postage. No free shipping at all. Then went to Customer service, meet 3 continuously but still not solving what the hell problem is. If it is not the system error then it is a free shipping scam. Disappointed with SHOPEE

amadf
July 17th, 2019

Easy to use and navigate. Available on apps. Security for buyers and Sellers. Had almost everythings that available on the current market.

seehuil
August 20th, 2021

Account user name: Jleesh

On 16th August:
I have reached out shopee informing that my ShopeePay were not able to top up by using credit card. The customer support advised that she will escalate to relevant team and reach out in return within 1-3 working days.

On 20th August:
I did a follow up and the agent claiming that my case was escalated to higher management ( which i do not understand why since my only concern was just tech error)
I asked him when they will be reached out for an outcome, ETA but the same response 1-3 working days again. I have requested to put me through a manager, he closes my chat instead.

Worst customer experience ever!

ellab118
February 12th, 2021

I hate the policy where buyer should bare the cost of returning the wrong item. The cost to print and send the item to the courier as it is buyer fault for receiving the item. Shoppe doesn't consider about buyer side at all. Atleast set pickup option and let the seller learn. This is not fair.

Tip for consumers:
If seller ask for a return and refund, counter to ask for a refund only until they find a way to pick up the return item. Or else buyer will have to bare the cost to print and send the item to the courier. Don't trust shopee to dispute. They don't care about buyer.

Key box

hans27
August 30th, 2021

I bought a shirt and the size was incorrect and they didnt accept to refund me back my money. Horrible

rayma
June 23rd, 2019

Been ages using this app to buy various of things with much cheaper prices and excellent customer service

ericy329
October 9th, 2021
Verified purchase

Just like u go to open market on the street, then you see there's a bad bad bad landlord that is giving a bad service. It has the worst customer support ever. USELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Shopee users

Fking tealive

mohda84
July 22nd, 2021

How can shopee system allow delivery tracking to allow for force completed delivery when actual delivery has not been made yet. I hv 2 bad experiences w 1 possibly losing my RM600+ purchase. Careful guys when using shopee... best to use other platform 1st till they sort this out...

christinat238
October 25th, 2020

Take note of this jade seller selling low quality items on Shopee Malaysia!

Claiming to be natural untreated A grade jade, the items are sold by seller ypxzb.my on the Shopee platform!

I bought a RM950 jade carving pendant from them, which they guarantee to be 100% natural, if not they refund 10 times the amount as compensation!

Received the item from them, it looks different from what is seen online! The colour and carving looks so different!

Bring it to Poh Kong Jewellery to ask, they said that the colour is fake, treated with colouring and plastic inside, and show me that it is glowing under the ultraviolet light, whereas the natural one will not glow!

This fake seller, ypxzb.my, refuses my claims and still insists that they sell genuine stuff, they block me on Shopee and Shopee staff not doing anything!

Beware of this fake jade seller, ypxzb.my

They operate in China under the name 壹品翡翠, or 壹品轩珠宝翡翠!

Address: 广东四会市万兴隆北区G5壹品翡翠

Contact: +86 177 2859 3050

phangp1
May 23rd, 2021

I order 2 Yes sim card 1st on 3rd may 21 and 2nd on 5th may 21.
Yet the courier man lazy drop at unable lock mail box and remark SUCCESSFUL delivered. When I noticed the item wasn't in mail box any more... I keep asking for refund and put in my reason yet Shopee dispute agent keep on cancelled my requested without investigating. They just base on the report send by the seller which mentioned by the courier man have delivered.
We as a buyer spend so much time to completed the event organized by Shopee yet they unable to fullfil the promise to delivered the sim card and never take the steps of checking how the delivery company do the work...
The Shopee only let the buyer wait for months and keep cancelled buyer refund request. Totally irresponsible company!

Tele communication

thomsonb1
December 10th, 2020

I was told that I have multiple accounts with the same delivery addresses and it is prohibited by Shopee. Despite I told them that we are from the same family, 100% will have the same delivery address, they suspended all the accounts in a sudden WITHOUT considering how much money in your accounts and how many orders still in transit. If any of the orders was not delivered, then I can't do anything or can't even monitor where is the order! They should limit buying but not rejected people to access their accounts! What type of stupid excuse is this?

tand7
September 15th, 2020

Before ordering Seller confirm item in stock but after place order Seller said he see wrongly need to wait for 2 weeks. Ask Shopee to cancel but they reply can't do anything.
Cheat by Seller but Shopee can't help this is useless customer service.

bcc13
September 30th, 2021

Delay on delivery, give a lot of excuses just to want u to wait, and behind they didnt do any action, the customer service will only ignoring your question, and wont help you solve the problem, and shopee sorting centre is very bad, dont know how they many the parcel, i think shopee should change a logistic team pls, and suddenly allow to pick up personally from the hub but need 2-4 working day suddenly say cannot, i dont know how the shoppe procedure run, its was a very bad experience with shopee, so next time if u guys want to use shopee get rdy to face any issue, and then will not giv a fk on you.

genl10
September 6th, 2021

Not safe to buy even for more than 20 bucks...

rininf
February 7th, 2021

Seller name: moo0812
Item name: Caliper

Bought a caliper from this seller and received a damaged caliper as shown in the pictures. The caliper arm is misalign and cannot provide accurate measurement. If anyone notice this defects, they know this caliper cannot be used anymore. Sent refund request and got reject by seller. Surprisingly, shopee also reject my refund dispute with an excuse that this item cannot be refunded due to quality issue. Shopee eved demanded me to prepare a video to prove this caliper cannot be used. Cmon... even a school children knows this caliper cannot be used just by looking at it. This shopee team asking ridiculous questions as if they did not use caliper when in school! Guys, be careful when buying in shopee, there is no buyer protection at all. Once you click the buy button, your money is lost forever!

you have been warned!

vernier caliper

tehl4
July 30th, 2021

The online customer service Chat is poor. Slow. And Shoppee just can end the chat as they like. Especially when you are complaining.

ceciliaf46
June 25th, 2021

A seller cancelled my purchase (order 21061249Y8VRMD) paid with online banking for $301.95 without giving any reason. I waited for a refund for days. I called and called. Finally after getting a Shopee to answer my call, I was asked to apply for the refund! This was many days after my order was cancelled by seller. I was asked to laboriously fill in details etc for the refund. Then nothing. I called again 3 days later, then 5 days later and was told the matter was with the `relevant team'. Finally when I threatened to make a police report, I got my refund.
And the product I paid $301.95 for and was cancelled, is till on the Shopee site! So shoppers, beware of this scamming trick!

BE CAREFUL USING SHOPEE.

NOTHING . NOT DELIVERED.

Many scammer sellers. Some will deliver fake products and some malfunction products. Shopee will NOT help buyers to process return n refund until seller agrees, which they will not because tbey are scammers n Shopee allows it.

By Serene Y.