Shopee Malaysia

Shopee Malaysia has a consumer rating of 2.06 stars from 18 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Shopee Malaysia ranks 222nd among Marketplace sites.

How would you rate Shopee Malaysia?

“Affordable and convenient”

Amirul n.
7/16/19

This website offer things through auction that you can bit the price that you want. They offer discount on their item starting from RM 1. This is very good and fun.

“Save yourself from the disgrace that is shopee”

Deepak G.
6/27/20

Pathetic customer support. After telling me that my refund is in process I get a mesage that its been cancelled since they dont have enough proof. Thats even after the seller told them that they have received the goods back and to process the refund What this tells me is that shopee is run by a bunch of greedy goons who don't mind ruining their reputation for a couple of bucks they haven't delivered on. Its back to lazada for me.

deepakg42
June 27th, 2020

amiruln
July 16th, 2019

sereney4
February 8th, 2021

AVOID SHOPEE!
I received a malfunction item. Requested for return/refund with pics. My nightmare starts. 1st they will get the seller to harass u for few days. Then the customer service will send this request.
"Please follow steps as below:-
1. Create Youtube/ Google drive or any video account
2. Record and upload the video
3. Send us the video link for investigation purpose"
(Am I pitching for a project here!)
To me this is clear sign of forcing buyer to give up our return/refund request.
Scam collaboration...?

Tip for consumers:
There will be red tapes after red tapes to force buyer to cancel your return/refund request, even if it's malfunction item.

amadf
July 17th, 2019

Easy to use and navigate. Available on apps. Security for buyers and Sellers. Had almost everythings that available on the current market.

ahy2
July 8th, 2020

Story line: want to buy 4 silk comfortable underwear(RM10.10 each), applied free shipping voucher with min. Spend RM15, when want to make payment, being charged for unreasonable price of postage. No free shipping at all. Then went to Customer service, meet 3 continuously but still not solving what the hell problem is. If it is not the system error then it is a free shipping scam. Disappointed with SHOPEE

rayma
June 23rd, 2019

Been ages using this app to buy various of things with much cheaper prices and excellent customer service

ellab118
February 12th, 2021

I hate the policy where buyer should bare the cost of returning the wrong item. The cost to print and send the item to the courier as it is buyer fault for receiving the item. Shoppe doesn't consider about buyer side at all. Atleast set pickup option and let the seller learn. This is not fair.

Tip for consumers:
If seller ask for a return and refund, counter to ask for a refund only until they find a way to pick up the return item. Or else buyer will have to bare the cost to print and send the item to the courier. Don't trust shopee to dispute. They don't care about buyer.

Products used:
Key box

lenat38
April 20th, 2021

On Refunds. When buyers want refunds over wrongly delivered goods
That is the start of nightmare.
Until then, when you do not need Shoppee to alleviate a problem you will not know just how incompetent and unhelpful Shoppee is. A slew of requests that you have to justify your request for refunds. Email after email that you need to show "evidence".
After years of spending thousands of dollars purchasing on Shoppee you now see them in a ugly light. You will now encounter their tardiness, dragging of heels and sheer foolishness.
User's recommendation: Do Not Buy From Shoppee. Or Hope that you never encounter problems.

christinat238
October 25th, 2020

Take note of this jade seller selling low quality items on Shopee Malaysia!

Claiming to be natural untreated A grade jade, the items are sold by seller ypxzb.my on the Shopee platform!

I bought a RM950 jade carving pendant from them, which they guarantee to be 100% natural, if not they refund 10 times the amount as compensation!

Received the item from them, it looks different from what is seen online! The colour and carving looks so different!

Bring it to Poh Kong Jewellery to ask, they said that the colour is fake, treated with colouring and plastic inside, and show me that it is glowing under the ultraviolet light, whereas the natural one will not glow!

This fake seller, ypxzb.my, refuses my claims and still insists that they sell genuine stuff, they block me on Shopee and Shopee staff not doing anything!

Beware of this fake jade seller, ypxzb.my

They operate in China under the name 壹品翡翠, or 壹品轩珠宝翡翠!

Address: 广东四会市万兴隆北区G5壹品翡翠

Contact: +86 177 2859 3050

alexn314
November 28th, 2020

Settle my account problem using 5 days and two agent, some more one of the agent finding the wrong person, he send a redeem problem solution to me where it is not me, it is another girl facing problem. They will calling you while you are working time, very disturbing and annoying.

thomsonb1
December 10th, 2020

I was told that I have multiple accounts with the same delivery addresses and it is prohibited by Shopee. Despite I told them that we are from the same family, 100% will have the same delivery address, they suspended all the accounts in a sudden WITHOUT considering how much money in your accounts and how many orders still in transit. If any of the orders was not delivered, then I can't do anything or can't even monitor where is the order! They should limit buying but not rejected people to access their accounts! What type of stupid excuse is this?

tand7
September 15th, 2020

Before ordering Seller confirm item in stock but after place order Seller said he see wrongly need to wait for 2 weeks. Ask Shopee to cancel but they reply can't do anything.
Cheat by Seller but Shopee can't help this is useless customer service.

rininf
February 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

Seller name: moo0812
Item name: Caliper

Bought a caliper from this seller and received a damaged caliper as shown in the pictures. The caliper arm is misalign and cannot provide accurate measurement. If anyone notice this defects, they know this caliper cannot be used anymore. Sent refund request and got reject by seller. Surprisingly, shopee also reject my refund dispute with an excuse that this item cannot be refunded due to quality issue. Shopee eved demanded me to prepare a video to prove this caliper cannot be used. Cmon... even a school children knows this caliper cannot be used just by looking at it. This shopee team asking ridiculous questions as if they did not use caliper when in school! Guys, be careful when buying in shopee, there is no buyer protection at all. Once you click the buy button, your money is lost forever!

you have been warned!

Products used:
vernier caliper

janellew26
May 17th, 2020

I placed order to buy something that cost me few hundred ringgit. First thing is that the seller is totally not responsive after I followed up with the shipping status, second is that after 2 weeks or so, i requested to cancel the order, only then the seller responded to my chat saying that they would not cancel my order because already in process. The extended Shopee guarantee also expired and the seller still did not ship out my order by the date that Shopee system would 'automatically' cancel my order. Of course, there's no automatic cancel at all. I contacted Shopee team and the lady told me I have to wait for another 10 days, and she said by then if the item still not being shipped out, then the system will 'automatically cancel' my order. What a joke. The system never automatically cancel your order, and if the seller refuses to accept your cancellation request, time to say goodbye to your money. To be honest, it's better to go with Lazada when it comes to issue like this, they have better policy to protect buyers. Shopee? *thumbs-down*

cassyi1
March 31st, 2021

I recently opened a new shopee acc due to not remembering what email and password I used. So with that opening a new acc seems OK. But nooo. To get my number registered is so much procedures as my number was previously used for my old acc, then I contacted help centre they said that my old acc has been deleted. So yeah ok shouldn't my number be available to register again? Old acc is no more. DELETED! And now I'm trying to purchase things urgently, I can't do anything just because I don't have prove that my number is mine. I don't have no bills coz my number is prepaid. Insisting I show prove, what kinda prove? I haven't gone out since MCO last year cause I have kids. So do you expect me to run around to get freaking prove just for Shopee?! I don't have any prob like this with lazada. Just so happens a few things that I wanted is from Shopee. So seriously?! This is nonsense since whatever verification they need still need to go through my number!

jssysamanthas
December 2nd, 2020

ESPECIALLY RETURN & REFUND
TROUBLESOME AND NOT REASONABLE!
…………………………………………………………………………………………… NO COMMENT.……

chea3
May 10th, 2019

The best site to shopping. Easy to buy things. Easy to refund if get wrong or damaged item. Very like it.

hooc
July 14th, 2019

You could find the cheapest price here than any others online platform. The platform provide many features that make your purchase easier and cheaper.

Use my referral code EEHOO224 to get RM8.00 off off your first purchase! Download Shopee now to enjoy free shipping and lowest price guaranteed deals! https://shp.ee/dhwwa94

Many scammer sellers. Some will deliver fake products and some malfunction products. Shopee will NOT help buyers to process return n refund until seller agrees, which they will not because tbey are scammers n Shopee allows it.

By Serene Y.