The Foam Factory

2019 CUSTOMER CHOICE AWARD

The Foam Factory has a consumer rating of 4.46 stars from 177 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Foam Factory also ranks 3rd among Beds sites.

• Then just go to this website and order the exact foams in the mattress that you want.
  • In reading reviews I decided to order the LUX 7 year warranty foam cushions for replacement in our sofa and loveseat.
  • 2019 Customer Choice Winner

• Horrible, horrible company with unacceptable customer service.
  • I ordered a $175.00 memory foam mattress topper from this company with
  • To me this displays poor service and lack of understanding of a deceptive web site.
How would you rate The Foam Factory?

“Quality product & unbeatable prices”

Cheryl V.
7/15/20

Searched online for cushions for a bench cushion and finally landed on foam factory. Ordered the highest quality foam they carry and also had them wrapped in Dacron for a small up charge. Price was less than many places charge for low quality foam. Product was delivered timely and exceeded my expectations.

“Wrong color”

Christopher B.
7/2/20

Ordered black foam for a speaker grill. It arrived promptly, but was grey. I contacted the company and provided photos. They responded promptly, but did not explain the difference between the advertised color and the actual product. They provided an address to return the foam, but I would have had to pay for return shipping (in addition to the original shipping), the combined cost of which would have been more than the value of the purchase. They did not offer to provide the correct color or correct their marketing materials or refund the postage. I will not use them again and cannot recommend them.

customer service (18) foam mattress (13) order (103) foam cushions (5) sofa cushions (3) 2 years (3) replacement cushions (4) dog beds (3) king mattress (3) thanks foam factory (3) couch cushions (4) web site (3)
cherylv94
July 15th, 2020
alicew85
November 7th, 2017
Took in our old foam from our boat cushion, which was tapered, and wanted duplicated with new foam. Person who waited on us did not speak clear English. She was told to make exactly like old cushion. After it was cut, there were no tapers in the shape. We spoke with man who did the work, and he advised he would try taper/shape. Went back next day to pick up, and we were advised by manager that even though the man doing the work agreed to taper/shape, the manager would not allow him to do it. Manager would not take back the foam or refund our money. So we are stuck with a piece of foam that cost $181.00 and cannot use. Very poor customer service. Usually, companies will do what they can to make sure the customer is satisfied. We have been previous customers of the Foam Factory but will not go back again.
elizabethh101
March 30th, 2016
I needed a firm foam pad to make a full bed for my aging dog in the back of my suv. After spending a few hours researching and looking at Amazon, I ordered from The Foam Factory. The website clearly spells out the products and their differences. I called customer service for further clarification, and was able to quickly get through to a representative. The pad arrived on time and as advertised, and with no odor! Very pleased, and so is my dog!
sandrah796
May 13th, 2020
Our first order with TheFoamFactory (and it won't be our last!). We bought the 6" LUX-HQ to remake cushions for our trailer. The quality is great and there was NO odor. It came compressed and opened to full size in less than 10 minutes! We ordered this during the COVID-19 shutdown and they shipped it right after the state's open date and we received it within days. We have it out on our patio now, covered until tomorrow when we can cut it for our specific cushions (see pic). So we got a high-quality foam, sooner than expected, and for less cost than other places as well. Thanks!
christopherb808
July 2nd, 2020
kevinm1681
July 23rd, 2020
I purchased two sofa cushions which were exactly as described, top quality, and about half the price I would have paid
sabrinak34
March 15th, 2019
Today, I placed my third order from this company over a three year period. My first order was for a custom sized cushion that I couldn't find in the Boston-area - it was for a massive window seat larger in length and width than a twin mattress. That was 3 years ago, and it worked out GREAT, and is as good as new, even with all the use it's gotten. Then 2 years ago, I decided to replace the drooping back cushions on our sofa set. I got their Super Foam Cushion with the Dacron wrap option. I only ordered replacements for the sofa, and wanted to see how they'd hold up over time. Those have worked out great as well :) Today, I just placed the order for the matching love seat and armchair back cushions - can't wait for them to come!

Tip for consumers: You will not be disappointed!!!

em6120
December 7th, 2016
I ordered 4 cushions that came promptly and exactly as described, sooner than anticipated. I was ready to give up and get rid of the chairs because several upholsterers had quoted triple the price I paid for these. Definitely recommend
darrela5
November 28th, 2018
If you have a convention cotton stuffed futon mattress get yourself a foam replacement. I was going to get rid of my futon and after ordering a Factory Foam it's now my favorite TV watching lounger. Wish I had done it years ago. Excellent quality suede cover and workmanship.
I also replaced my RV cushions and I am completely pleased with service and quality. Price isn't bad either
jacobh76
March 10th, 2018
I bought a mattress from the foam factory a couple years ago. The best sleep I've had on that mattress. I am more than pleased with it. Was reasonably priced and worth every penny spent. Came on time as the promised. I would recommend the foam factory to everyone I know, in fact I have. I'm never going to go anywhere else for another mattress or any other foam for that matter.
danf21
May 22nd, 2013
I've gotten three mattresses from the Foam Factory. The first I made my own Tempurpedic comparable bed and it is awesome for less than 1/4 of the cost of the name brand. I will never by foam anywhere else. It comes as you order it and if you get the mattress cover, they even put it on the mattress. Can't beat that with a stick! A word of caution though, if you don't know anything about foam or you're just another $#*!ed consumer... Go to the Matrless factory and pay 10 times as much.
geraldk17
February 14th, 2014
Foam Factory has a very good site and good phone customer service.

I ordered some foam to pack a camera.

They informed that they are moving to a new facility and because of that there could be a delay in processing. I was prepared for a reasonable delay, which I would define as 3 to 5 days.

It's 11 days later and the order has still not even shipped.

I don't care if they moved to the moon... a customer's patience and good will can only extend so far.
donp27
March 4th, 2014
I ordered 10 days ago and they still have not shipped my items. I called customer service, and they told me it could take 10 days for me to receive it. But it's been 10 days and it hasn't even shipped yet! They debited the money from my account on the day I ordered, so they've been holding onto my money for 10 days and still has not shipped it. I ordered very standard, in stock items, not requiring any cutting or custom work, but with no explanation, they haven't bothered to send out my order.

All they have to do is take the foam off the shelf, put them in a box and give it to UPS. To take more than 10 days to do this is a bit unbelievable! If they're going to take this long, at least wait until it's shipped to charge my card, not 10 days before!
nancyn4
October 26th, 2014
I ordered foam mattresses to use in a summer home. They are great for guest beds, either on the floor or to make a sofa bed more comfortable. The shipment arrived very quickly and the mattresses expanded from the roll in which they were shipped to their natural size within a few days. Having them in the roll made them much easier to transport to our summer house.
davids920
December 28th, 2017
Excellent product for my project, everything as described in information section of the product. Cut to exact measurements, a perfect fit in my 7 foot long trapezoid shaped window seat! The dacron wrap was definitely worth the money, a professional touch. I was actually a bit concerned how that wrap might look after I ordered, but it was great. I would definitely buy here again for any future projects. Packing, shipping, everything was great.
deborahc77
December 25th, 2016
I've placed a total of four separate orders from the foam factory over the past few years and have never been disappointed. In one case I needed the foam for a replacement bed in our RV and needed it in a rush. I called them and the gal I spoke with did a great job of communicating it to the warehouse that we needed a quick turn around. It actually arrived earlier than she promised. I am very happy with them and will continue to order from them in the future. Deb Santa Cruz Ca.

Tip for consumers: Make sure that you get the measurements correct!

simonep14
June 12th, 2017
Horrible, horrible company with unacceptable customer service.

If only I had read all the angry reviews online BEFORE ordering from them... (Don't trust the 5-star reviews - apparently this company employs a practice of paying people to write flattering reviews.) Also goes by the name FoamByMail and maintains a separate website for that name.

I bought two pieces of foam from them recently. Shipping was slow, and when I finally received the product, the thinner 1/4" foam sheet was damaged along the entire edge, and the thicker 1 1/2" piece was so hard and old, that a simple thumb pressure test remained in the foam without bouncing back.

A return and refund request was very poorly handled. Linda, the customer service rep, insisted on a 25% restocking fee and paid shipping by me - which would have cost $60, plus the $20 restocking fee - exceeding the total price I paid of $75.

No amount of negotiating or reasoning had any effect. I guess Foam by Mail doesn't value their customer happiness. Or their customers.

Avoid at all cost!

Tip for consumers: Never ever use this company.

monniec
May 17th, 2019
I can't believe this product! Everything is wonderful! I replaced my outdoor chair cushions and they look brand new. Why have I been sitting on saggy cushions that retained water? I am so so pleased with this quality and purchase.
stevenb210
January 8th, 2018
I had bought a loveseat at Pier One. The cushion foam was cheap, and broke apart quickly. Was despairing of finding a solution. Then I looked it up online and found the Foam Factory. I followed the instructions for measuring the cushions with a higher quality foam. I was able to restore the settee to perfect condition. It was great that they were able to wrap the foam in fiber fill, as this save me a whole lot of trouble. So I got educated and I got my love seat fixed, all at the same time.
marilynl21
April 21st, 2017
Thanks so much for your great service. I have the foam sheets and will recommend you as this product and service is great: so on time, keeping me informed of all the details of shipping. Not sure how you manage to wrap these foam sheets so tight! The foam sheets just popped out and were ready to use immediately. So much better value than other places I researched and Canadian so no international shipping - love it.
hydehm
September 20th, 2017
Do not buy foam from this factory because I ordered foams which were suggested on that are suitable for seats. I am not happy with these Foams. You feel that you sit on the rock. They don't have a good customer service. They are very rude and not willing to help you. She hanged off the phone! Don't waste your money.
rheneab
May 17th, 2017
I found this site on the internet, we needed some affordable foam, but they cut to size and cover if wanted. My product was at my home quickly exactly as ordered. What is even better is they beat ALL other foam prices I found, and they cut the foam for me. I would use them again in a heat beat! You have got to check out there easy to use website! You won't be disappointed.
willn12
April 19th, 2017
I just looked up this company on audio engineering forums, and this stuff is not real. Apparently it doesn't do what it claims to. You really have to buy auralex.
kathyr11
June 12th, 2013
I needed cushions for a vintage camper. Foam Factory was easy to use and the price was comparable to other sites. The free shipping won me over and they kept me informed on when my order shipped and it arrived on time. I am very satisfied with the whole experience.
lc89
December 15th, 2016
I ordered a mattress to be used on a mission style wooded couch to made a daybed. Ordering was easy, as well as tracking the order. Special order arrived in the 10 day stated time frame. I was skeptical when I saw how small the package was, but once unwrapped it was the twin side mattress I expected. Very comfortable. I hope it will remain so for the recommended 7 year length of use.

Tip for consumers: The recommendations for measuring and options are helpful.

For pricing information, please email us directly through our contact us page. Link is below. Thanks. https://www.thefoamfactory.com/contactus.html

By Carlo B.,

Yes, the Lux foam is a firm foam that is good for your application. Please use at least a 3" thickness or thicker.

By Carlo B.,

Yes, we will quote a price first. Once the customer approves the price then we will stuff and re-ship the couch cushions back to you. However, if the covers are leather or vinyl then the covers will be returned un-stuffed. The customer will need to stuff the foam inside the covers when the shipment is received.

By Carlo B.,

It is best to contact us for order status information. Please see our contact us pages for details. https://www.thefoamfactory.com/contactus.html

By Carlo B.,

Our dryfast foam is considered a firm foam. Custom cut dryfast foam is here: https://www.thefoamfactory.com/seatcushion/outdoor.html Sheets of dryfast foam is here: https://www.thefoamfactory.com/outdoorfoam/outdoorfoam.html

By Carlo B.,

We can make the covers for you. Please contact us for pricing. https://www.thefoamfactory.com/contactus.html

By Carlo B.,

Please contact us so that we can gather more information for the project. https://www.thefoamfactory.com/contactus.html

By Carlo B.,

You can calculate pricing on our custom cut seats and cushion page: https://www.thefoamfactory.com/seatcushion/seatcushion.html

By Carlo B.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the The Foam Factory staff and other customers.

Sells foam mattresses, foam pillows, foam toppers, latex mattress, and latex toppers, as well as custom foam products.

carlob22
Carlo B.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Foam Factory?

Have a question about The Foam Factory?