Review of StubHub

San Francisco, CA 94105
Tel: 1.866.788.2482

jeffp102
12/11/17

Do not under any circumstances buy tickets from Stub Hub. They give you misleading information and are not to be trusted. You can't always view your tickets at time of purchase as they say you can. They will give you misleading information over the phone, buy your tickets through another vendor.

gwenw12
12/2/17

Two months ago I purchased tickets to the Army-Navy game. Much to my surprise I was told I would receive the tickets on December 1. When asked why I was told it was because they wouldn't receive the tickets prior. This makes no sense. StubHub should require sellers to submit tickets to StubHub at least 1 month before the event. I did not receive my tickets on December 1. After speaking with many CSRs including a supervisor I am now being told I will receive them December 6-three days prior to the game. This is unacceptable. I do not recommend using StubHub and I will never do so again.

kw17
11/30/17

We purchased tickets from Stubhub for a football game. The tickets we fairly pricey for the game we were buying for, but the "view" on the website appeared to be great seats. However, when we got there, not only was the view that was shown on the site - not the view we got but we could not see the game at all! The seats were literally below the field, behind bushes. We contacted Stubhub about this issue but they had no concern that they were selling tickets that we not "advertised" correctly. The customer service was horrible! Think twice before buying anything from Stubhub, you do not know what you will get and customer service does not exist with this company!!

leok38
11/15/17

Este es un review para StubHub Argentina.
Compre dos entradas para ColdPlay uilizando mercadopago (único servicio de pago disponible).
La transacción quedo en espera sujeta a la aprobación del pago que puede demorar hasta 48 hs. Un pésimo standard de eficiencia en épocas digitales, además del hecho de ofrecer entradas para un concierto que empieza dentro de las 24 hs. Por supuesto que las entradas nunca llegaron.
Los servicios de chats y ayuda son iguales de ineficientes. Simplemente no les interesa atenderte. Si se llama al call center telefónico te informan de que solo se ocupan de ventas y te cortan la comunicación.
El Servicio en Argentina es pésimo, indigno de los tiempos contemporaneos, nunca más volveré a usarlo.
This is a review for StubHub Argentina.
I tried to buy 2 tkts for a ColdPlay Concert. I used a payment method called MercadoPago (the only one available on their website). The transaction was put on hold pending an authorization from MercadoPago that can take up to 48 hs. A lousy standard for digital times, specially when processing a simple credit card transaction. It is deceitful to offer tickets for a concert that starts in 24 hours subject to a process that can take up to 48 hs.
Of course I never got the tickets.
The chats and helpdesk are even worst, no one ever answers and if you call the callcenter they just answer that they are there for selling tickets and then they hang up.
This company policy is a complete disregard of the client, its like they are doing you a favor in selling the tickets. Their business motive screams Its fine if you like it, If you dont go some place else. So thats what I will do, never again buy anything from them again.

debbyl16
11/9/17

Bought tickets at 4 times the price, because website fraudulantlysaid only 8 seats available.Then found out on news that plenty of tickets available. Was NOT pleased!

nellyn6
11/8/17

I've been to about 200 concerts in 30 years and I have never dealt with such a $#*!ty company .I purchased tickets to Bob Seger on Oct 1, 2017 and apparently the tour was cancelled due to Bob having spinal surgery. STUBHUB never notified me via email. I took the day off work, paid for UBER (crazy LA traffic) and paid for child care...only to show up at the Forum saying it was cancelled. You suck StubHub!!! What a waste and total frustration speaking to customer service. NEVER AGAIN will I purchase tickets from STUBHUB!!! No discount for future tickets, reimburse, not even a sniffle. FU!!!

alessandros27
11/6/17

I sold my 4 U2 concert tickets to STUBHUB Europe 4 months ago and they just won't pay me!! They doubled the price with their commissions and got the whole amount from the purchaser before the concert last July, but they have never paid me back my share and I doubt they ever will!! In all these months I contacted them several times but they only came up with the same ridicolous excuse of unspecified "technical problems". 4 months!!! It takes 2 minutes to make a bank transfer!! Now I can only go through legal action spending money on lawyers, but my strong advice is to stay away from this incompetent dishonest company!!!
TRANSACTION CODE 3H1Z0O9F7S60

jeffb225
11/2/17

I purchased tickets to the breeders cup and they never showed. Unfortunately the event is sold out and StubHub had no way to help. Be careful because tickets are not guaranteed like you would think!

jalino
10/30/17

I purchased Janet Jackson tickets (floor seats btw) in September for my birthday for a show in Detroit on Oct 29th at the new little ceasers arena. When I printed the tickets I didn't realize that they had a different persons name on there but when I got to the venue I had trouble with which seat I was in exactly long story short, two people had the same exact ticket and seat. We talked and I asked where they purchased their ticket they stated stubhub as well. Another set of people came and said we were in their seats. The workers came and told me and my friend had to move because the other people came first and they don't handle 3rd party issues. I showed them two different emails that stubhub sent me (confirmation and ticket print off) followed by my account info where nearly 500 dollars was taken out for my seats. The arena treated me like I was a criminal/liar prior to showing this and even after they basically said there is nothing they could do and it's not their problem etc. I then called stubhub where the lady says that when this happens they either refund or give better seating, obviously because it's Janet they didn't have any better seating which pissed me off even more as I tried to talk to her and asked how this could have happened when I have been purchasing from them for years she basically said they will file an investigation but I really don't care I plan on filing my own because the other people weren't treated the was I was due to stubhubs careless and unprofessional business practices. I honestly believe it's because I'm a young African American woman and the other people were older African American (around early sixties). I felt like they looked at me like how can this girl afford these tickets etc. Once I came home I googled stubhub to see if this has happened to others I was pleasantly surprised by how many people have had issues with this company. My curiosity peaked even more when two weeks ago I purchased tickets for Daniel Caesar( before the Janet incident) and went back to my stubhub order last night after everything at the Janet show and saw the same thing on these tickets as well. I plan on calling them and fixing this issue before I embarrass myself again and after this plan on never purchasing from them again. After what has happened I don't understand how all these complaints legal issues have flown under the radar because until today I never had an issue. All n all don't ever purchase anything from them because you could wind in the same predicament as me and coutnless others.

tranm3
10/29/17

This website is a scam. It makes it hard for sellers to want to sell their tickets. DO NOT EVER USE THIS WEBSITE. I made a listing to sell tickets to a concert and ended up selling it to someone else in person instead. Then all of a sudden I was charged $64 from Stubhub for not "delivering tickets" because Stubhub said that they had to cover the charges for the customer that bought my tickets on their website. WHAT? ALL they had to do was to give whoever that bought my tickets online a REFUND. I used the website with the intension of advertising my ticket not having to actually sell it if i find better deals elsewhere. I did not know that I'd be charged if I did not want to sell them anymore. When I called customer service, they were unhelpful and kept on referring me to the terms & policies section online. Who WOULD hae the time to read sections and sections of rules when they want to simply sell the tickets. The policies are hidden and unclear and you'll randomly be charged. THIS WEBSITE WILL make your life harder. I want a refund because this is absurd.

deboraht50
10/23/17

I have never been as fed up with a company as I have with this company and I do NOT recommend them to anyone. I tried selling and listing my tickets so many times and their staff kept deactivating the tickets without saying why. When I called, they kept telling me to relist them which I did. I called again and again and was finally told to send the tickets in, which I did, at a cost. I was then called while I was out of the country and told that the tickets would be relisted. They were not and therefore, did not sell. These tickets were for the NFL games which were sold out and therefore, if the tickets had been listed as requested, would have sold. So now I am out my tickets AND the money i would have made had they sold plus overnight postage costs. I kept back the last two sets of tickets and have sold them privately which i could have done with the first two sets had they stopped farting around with my tickets. I am disgusted with the practices in place and will not recommend the service to anyone.

kerryb49
10/17/17

The ticket price was double what was shown on the actual Ticket. No where does it tell you the true cost of the event!

billj96
10/14/17

I bought 4 premium seats at an event for $275. Went to event and found out seats were in a totally different general admission area that were worth $10 each max. I called StubHub and asked them to address the issue. They kept me on the telephone for an hour and offered me $50. Don't trust them. Their guarantee is a joke.

melissaa72
10/12/17

Ordered tickets, they charged my card then THEY cancelled them AND LOCKED MY ACCOUNT. When I called customer service the guy said it was an authorization not a charge. I had to tell him it was a checking account and could see 400+ out of my account. He then said 3-5 business days to get it back. Well, when the time frame was up, still no money. I called again and the other customer service rep said the other guy never even put a request in for a refund !!!!!! Absolutely the worst online purchase experience Ive ever had and I order online ALL THE TIME. I ordered my tickets on ticket master and you all should do the same.
Also, when I went to post this in the App Store it would not let me. So Im going to post it EVERYWHERE else so no one else has to deal with this.

cosetteg
10/9/17

Over a year ago, I purchased 2 tickets to see Janet Jackson at the Hollywood Bowl. A few months later, we got word that the show was cancelled. We didn't hear about a reschedule until a couple months ago when StubHub emailed me that new concert date would be 10/8 and we can use our downloadable tickets in the very first original email attachment. Ok....fine. Very excited, my friend and I get to the Hollywood Bowl to see our favorite artist perform for our first time, and the ticket checker scanned the barcodes and told us there was a problem. Our tickets had be refunded back to the seller. I went down to the box office to state what has happened and she already knew it was StubHub! Apparently, I was the 7th person to have had this happen to. She gave me StubHubs number and so I called and complained and they said they would give me a full refund. My dissatisfaction is that we were scammed by a third party and thus missed seeing our favorite artist live. How could this have happened? StubHub really needs to amp up their security for their customers to prevent this kind of fraud. I can safely assume that after the buyer of these tickets got wind from where he purchased his tickets from, which is Ticketmaster, that the Janet Jackson show was cancelled, he immediately called for a refund even after I had paid him for those tickets on StubHub. I put full responsibility of this on StubHub. Somehow, once those tickets WITH barcodes are purchased from StubHub, they need to figure out a way to NOT let them be released or get refunded on. That was very irresponsible and stupid on StubHub's part. I assumed they were a reputable business and therefor assumed they had their act together. Never again would I trust them.

kevinh188
10/9/17

My wife bought tickets off their site. It wasn't disclosed that they were student tickets - so we called to complain. They were rude and said the buyer disclosed that - but we didn't find that out until the email confirmation of the purchase. Nowhere on this site does it show this that we could tell.

donk72
10/3/17

I ordered tickets over 8 weeks ago!! I'm still waiting waiting! The first shipment came from UPS with no tickets inside. I called their customer service and they reassured me that my tickets would be mailed again here it is a few days before my event and still no tickets. Never again!!!

caseym43
10/3/17

I posted my ticket on stub hub and sold it a few days later. I was so thrilled. I opened the email and followed the directions precisely. Well two days later I get an email saying the seller didn't receive his ticket on time and therefore he gets his refunded money back and it get charged 40% of the ticket price.

No one knows where this 140 dollar ticket is and it event has since passed. I did everything I was suppose to do but stub hub is REFUSING to reimburse me for this and REFUSING to take the extra charge off. I thinking about filing a lawsuit.

debis13
10/2/17

Purchased tickets for Ambrosia at City Winery in Atlanta via StubHub. Charged more than double the ticket price, then another $46 service fee, then another $10 shipping fee. Never presented with these fees when I clicked "Purchase."

Called to ask about these charges (rude lady). I wanted a refund so I could purchase tickets at $45 through City Winery instead of $100, but was told I could not get a refund. Was transferred to a supervisor, but before that, the rude lady said, "Just so you know, my supervisor is going to tell you the same thing, so you're just wasting your time."

Supervisor I talked to said the ticket prices are what AllShows charges. Called AllShows and was told that they charge $85, not $100 for the seats at City Winery in Atlanta. AllShows also told me that StubHub is charging the extra money for the ticket and the service fees, and I would have to contact them.

Bottom line, I cannot get a refund and was overcharged.

michaels689
10/1/17

Don't do business with stubhub! I posted tickets for sale and the first set got hung up in their server. It was really slow. I guess, like me, a lot of other people were dumping their season tickets to the NFL on "protest day". After reviewing my order, I noticed one game did not post, so I reinput the data. Tickets double posted. Stubhub's third party vendor immediately bought them because I posted the tickets at their recommended price, which was really just their target price for purchasing the tickets and reselling through their third party vendor. I immediately contacted stubhub and they pretty much told me "sucks to be you" we will call you Monday. They didn't call. I called them on Wednesday and they told me to send the first order and they would "take care" of the duplicate, but it would take a while. I sent out the original listing as was my responsibility, but they canceled the sale AFTER I shipped them and then charged me 40%. They will probably also try to charge me for the duplicate listing. I strongly advise anyone selling tickets to stay away! If your tickets get delayed in posting and get duplicated, even seconds later, they might buy them instantly. The bad thing is I didnt get any kind of notification while I was actually on their website that tickets sold.

leifh5
9/29/17

We bought tickets for football on the long-side but got tickets in the curve which are even worse this sitting behind the goal. When you mai them you don't get a reply and in chat they only communicate in spanish and close the chat. So don't use them!
The match is between Holland and Sweden Oct 10th.
It is not easy to accept to pay 3-times the price for tickets !
Maybe standard for this service!

tabathag2
9/26/17

This is my first and last time using StubHub. I purchased tickets for a music festival that is scheduled October 6th-8th in June. I waited several months for my tickets to arrive, and when they did not, I contacted StubHub customer services. I was told by the representative who answered that my order had been cancelled due to an error on StubHub's part, and he apologized that I had not been contacted. He assured me they would find me more tickets and would notify me by email within 48 hours. I waited 48 hours and had not received a response from StubHub. I called that night and was told my order had not been processed, and StubHub did not have tickets for me. They offered to refund my money or issue my a coupon. After I had some choice words with the representative and explained that none of those options were helpful, he told me they found more tickets they could send via FedEx within 3 business days. Since today is Tuesday, I said okay. I was on the phone an entire hour with StubHub. When the representative returned, he told me my tickets would be delivered the day before I am due to leave for the concert (the concert is out of town). He assured me they would be there, but since I was assured tickets the week ago, I am skeptical. On top of the stress of preparing to leave town, I know have to wonder whether or not I even have a reason to go, and I will not know until the very last minute. I am very disappointed in the fact that in 3 months, no one bothered to notify me about the botched tickets. When I called for assistance, I was told they were going to do something about the issue, and they did not, and I had to call again to learn that they hadn't done what they said they were going to. Supposedly I have tickets coming. I was initially told it would take 3 days for them to get here, and now I learn it will be the day before I leave. This has been stressful and inconvenient. I will NEVER use StubHub again, and I DO NOT RECOMMEND them in any shape, form or fashion. BUYER BEWARE!

jmkk
9/19/17

I purchased Petty tickets on 8/31..... seller was to mail 2-day and I was to receive by the day before concert. Got a call from STUBHUC SUX tonight after their business hours saying the seller couldn't get the tickets ......WHAT??? Really? But you have had my money for 3+ weeks...... But, lucky me, they offer me WORSE tickets with no extra charge to me. How wonderful.....NOT!!! Classic bait & switch ... but to do this within a day before the concert??? The seller is a scammer and STUBHUB facilitates this bait and switch and the fraud being committed by these sellers. So upset and angry..... Wouldn't be such an issue but this could possibly be my last Heartbreakers concert... to have greed and fraud ruin this.... Horrible customer service - STAY AWAY FROM STUBHUB

not to mention hidden fees - you buy 2 tickets for 1100 each so 2200 total and by the time you check out it is 2600+.... oh but wait,,,, if you page through the help section there is a tiny section on how to turn on the option to see the total cost BEFORE you check out - WOW what a f&$king concept.....

robw84
9/15/17

I paid for 3 tickets in march, 2017. went to print them the day after they should have been in the account, not there. called them- they got nasty with me, saying i was cutting them off.. NO, i was explaining the situation of how we booked a car, hotel, and would be out money if they could not deliver.

then they told me to just go - a 5 hour trip one way, and hope for the best.. they told me that if they couldn't get me tickets, that i would get a refund. well who cares, who will reimburse me for time, and money on the other parts of the trip.

get your tickets elsewhere.

russk15
9/6/17

Wife purchased tickets for U2 for general admission because general admission was no longer available through Ticketmaster soon after they went on sale. StubHub prices were near $150. Now that the concert is close, and she cannot attend, the prices on StubHub are as low as $40. What a joke!!!

178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

That's my assumption. Some other people on this site might be able to answer that from actual experience.

By Michele G.

They sell tickets they do not actually have yet. They started selling tickets for a Garth Brooks concert in Salt Lake City before tickets even went on sale. They have no way of knowing if they will actually get tickets to fulfill orders, and just cancel the order the day before the event if they don't have the tickets. Its pretty much a gamble with Stub Hub if you will get your tickets or not.

By Michelle W.

Stub hub only does resales so they can rip off the seller as well as the buyer

By tony d.

Don't worry, you will get tickets. It can be absurd how much they charge for Shipping, yet only get you tix just before.

By Sean S.

They are perfectly legit. Great place to buy tickets someone else is looking for a buyer for. I found tickets on stub, bought them, and the next day they called me and said they had been double sold. Stubhub gave me tickets that were worth $300 more than the ones I got shafted out of and got me seats next to the stage for my teen daughters first concert! Cant beat that! My kids will never forget it, completely PRICELESS!! AS far as selling your tickets here I have heard that they take a percentage, but its a great place to sell them unless you can find a buyer yourself. Good luck!

By shea m.

I did not get my tickets thru Mail, I had to print mine off

By Lord v.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER listing with Stub Hub, aka Sam Goody. This crook web site is slamming the REAL StubHub.com. Pathetic!!

By Marie D.

hi I am not sure as I haven't tried to use the tickets yet - they are e-tickets printed off...I wouldn't be surprised if I have got ripped off again....just don't use them...they were really unhelpful when I called and pointed out that I had paid double the face value and a ridulous service charge...they may as well have said "hard cheese|" you are stupid and you deserve to get ripped off...expensive mistake ...one that I will never repeat!

By colleen p.

I agree with kire j about stub hub - my experience was terrible. I was not sent a visa card. I would check like Michele w bedore you get too worried. better still phone the visa card company - I cant see how you can get a visa without applying and them sharing your personal details. best use ticket master or some other reputable company in the future. I tried stub hub just to do something different - I wont in the future"! hope you sort it out

By colleen p.

Call them and ask if they're the StubHub fake site located in CA or they are the real StubHub.com. The fake site in CA is really giving the real StubHub a bad reputation. I would take Tony D.'s suggestion. Vivid, TicketMaster, etc. are REAL brokers.

By Marie D.
Questions? Get answers from the StubHub staff and other customers.

4 Photos for StubHub