StubHub

StubHub has a consumer rating of 2.2 stars from 659 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. StubHub also ranks 17th among Concert Tickets sites. The most common issues with StubHub are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 3.4%

• It's beneficial to both the person looking to sell tickets and the person that needs tickets.
  • We bought 4 tickets to a COPA America soccer game the same day as the event.

• I called customer service upon realizing the ticket I purchased was not for the event it was specified for.
  • No tickets should be allowed to be sold over face value.
How would you rate StubHub?

“Shadaye G. Best Rep!”

Chris P.
3/16/20

I don't typically write reviews, but I felt compelled to write one after the experience I received from a Stubhub customer rep named Shadaye G. from the Jamaica division. I had a unique situation where I could have had to pay upwards of $6k in tickets as a seller, but Shadaye was able to thoroughly work with the buyers and myself to resolve this issue. She went above and beyond her job description, by contacting both the buyers and myself to resolve the issue. She was prompt in her execution and very knowledgeable. She truly cared that my issue was resolved and the buyers' tickets weren't compromised. Based on my experience with Shadaye, my view of Stubhub is an A+, and I think she definitely deserves a raise. Thanks Shadaye!

“No refund for postponed event, no COVID exceptions”

Stephan P.
7/3/20

I would give 0 stars for stubhub if possible. When asking for a refund for a concert ticket, originally for June 2020, and official status is "postponed", they would not help at all and only refer to their policies. No exceptions for COVID. So I have $900 tickets for a concert for an unknown Date , maybe in 2021. And my only option of I can't / don't want to go - is to resell the ticket on stub hub so they can make more $$ of the transaction. Ridiculous. Consumer affairs should pretext us from these business practices.

tickets (418) customer service (93) face value (19) credit card (31) concert tickets (17) ticket price (18) game (86) box office (11) 4 tickets (11) purchase tickets (14) event (111) show (81)
stephanp21
July 3rd, 2020
No exceptions for COVID.

So I have $900 tickets for a concert for an unknown Date , maybe in 2021.

Ridiculous. Consumer affairs should pretext us from these business practices.
ashleye157
March 15th, 2020
We purchased 3 tickets to the Harlem globe trotters for my sons bday it was on his birthday day kinda special thing payed 270 for tickets and haven't heard anything about event except postponed i dont need the tickets now and how do u sell tickets that r expired and cancelled makes no sense to me and well my kids the only one disappointed cause our money's caught up in the b.s.

Tip for consumers: I wouldn't use it my first experience is definitely my last. Cant get ahold of the place either.

marilynw150
May 6th, 2020
Stub Hub makes it nearly impossible to get a refund for cancelled plays. The customer service consists of off-shore agents whose English and phone connections are terrible. I have called six times, with no luck getting refunds! They want to keep my money by making it hard to get anything but a coupon. Will NEVER buy from them again.
michaela2064
April 7th, 2020
I am patient and giving during these times of chaos, however the lies, alterations to policies and deceit coming our of StubHub should prevent them from any assistance from the Government and allow the garbage company to flatline. They refuse to provide the refund promised not just when the tickets were purchased but after the event was canceled. There is also a move to delay again any action as they close in on their date for Bankruptcy to avoid following through on their Fan Guarantee. TRASH that needs disposed of, avoid at all cost
brookew106
April 16th, 2020
They lie and change their refund policy as they choose. Once my event was cancelled they sent me an email offering me another set of tickets or my money back. I replied that I did want my money back. They said 2-3 weeks. It has now been 5 weeks and after waiting on hold with customer service for 47 minutes they informed me it would be at least 2 or 3 more weeks.. so they can sell all the tickets and take everyone's money with no problem. But when it comes to them keeping their policies they don't care. I will never, ever buy from them again

Tip for consumers: Do not buy from stub hub

tomj469
February 11th, 2020
They sell tickets for events that have not officially went on sale along with the seats for which there is no guarantee you will actually get. THATS BAD BUSINESS!
crystalb239
February 23rd, 2020
I recently decided to use stub hub for an event near me. I bought a parking pass and was "guarenteed" a ticket before the event.. the event came and passed and still no ticket. I requested a refund through thier site and was told that they would not oblige. Dont waste your time on a little extra dollar savings when you can buy from source with a guarentee.
ronaldc409
June 3rd, 2020
StubHub is not standing by its previous agreement to offer a full refund. Instead, it unilaterally altered its agreement with customers and is keeping Buyers' money--INTEREST FREE!!--offering a 20% bonus to future events--WITH A DEADLINE!! This is both contractual fraud (changing the terms) and theft (keeping other peoples' money). IF YOU HAVE ANY STANDARDS AT ALL--do not do business with this fraudulent group of bandits.

Tip for consumers: Buyers beware!!!

hannahf46
November 30th, 2018
• Updated review
Executive customer service contacted me and apologized for the customer service and even had a recording of my screen when the website malfunctioned. I was told it was something they're working on currently and that it should have been explained better than it was. I was refunded the difference of what I originally had my tickets posted for. He recognized how long I had been using the site and said he didn't want to lose me as a customer. They were able to make it right and I will probably continue to use StubHub.
Terrible Customer Service
November 14th, 2018
• Previous review
I've been buying and selling tickets for years through StubHub and I've never had any issues. That's the thing, it's a great site, until you have an issue and have to contact customer service. I had two tickets posted for sale and the day of the event I wanted to see how low I could drop the price in order to break even. After typing that into the box, I clicked back on the page, never saving that price. Ten minutes later I receive an email saying my tickets sold and that my payout was for much less than what I had them posted for. They sold for the price that I never saved. After contacting customer service, I was told that "the prices change whether you click save or not." When I asked why there was a save button if the price saves either way, I got nothing but attitude from them. There were several excuses, none of them making sense as to why that price would save without clicking save and no confirmation.

So just know that no matter what price you type in, the tickets could possibly sell for that much, according to their logic. It's very misleading and never says that whatever price you type in, is the live price no matter what. Even if you don't click save.

Never in my life have I dealt with such awful customer service. I will never use StubHub again.

UPDATE

Just spoke with customer service again. This person is telling me the exact opposite of what the previous person told me. She said that you have to click save in order to change the price. I have a screen capture of the price changing to something you didn't type in after you refresh the page. The inconsistencies on this site are ripping people off. Feel free to watch the screencapture of changing the prices here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aWpplDw4mp_2bKkKSkphOnJFJRB2Q819/view?usp=sharing.
chrisp822
March 16th, 2020

ardhis
January 5th, 2020
Do not buy from this site, they gave two tickets junior while I paid for adults. The game was for Arsenal vs Manchester United, 1st January 2020. I had flown thousands miles away only to get humilated because we are disallowed from entering the stadium.

Sending them so many notes, and different people respond without solution, asking me to send pictures of the tickets, which I could not do because the day after I sent it to the advised address in Birmingham via post. But I sent them Arsenal letter which is legitimate but still too many hassle and wishy washy. Unprofessional!!!!
annm1097
June 1st, 2020
Any company that refuses to refund your money during a global epidemic serves to lose business. They even have the nerve to fight credit card disputes! Do NOT use this company!!!
alisas166
January 27th, 2020
One of the four tickets I purchased was for a game that already happened two nights ago! Stubhub offered me a 25% off coupon!!! Had to argue for a half an hour and finally ask for a manager to get my money back for a ticket that didn't even exist. They promise a 100% satisfaction guaranteed on their website. What a joke!
courtneys232
April 4th, 2020
I had tickets to see fluffy on March 21st and it got rescheduled to December 5th!! I can no longer attend bc I'm gonna have a 8 day old baby. It is not my fault I'm no longer able to attend. So I called for a refund and was denied but was told I could sell my tickets and I'd receive my money within 5-8 business days of them being sold. They have been sold but I haven't received my money so I called to check the status. Apparently they just changed their policy to withhold payments until 5-8 business days AFTER THE EVENT!!!! That's almost a year away!!! They are really screwing people over during this time of crisis and I will no longer purchase anything through them. If I would've been informed of this I could've just sold my tickets out right and would have my money already. The person who bought my tickets should be responsible for them from this point forward, NOT ME!!! StubHub
na87
April 3rd, 2020
Stubhub refuses to update their events from postponed to cancelled as a way to keep your money. Even when the celebrity announces the event is cancelled. Emailing them over and over with no response. Calling them is worse. Now they are trying to change their policy from a refund to a credit! At the time I bought the tickets the policy I agreed to included a refund for cancelled events. Will never, ever use them again and neither will anyone else I know because the same thing is happening to them. When this whole virus thing passes, the government should go after Stubhub and close them down. Even bring criminal charges against the CEO, etc.
ades6
November 25th, 2019
WARNING !!!! This company is Criminal and will steal your money !!
I paid 283.00 for 2x tickets and they charged me 43.00 just as a fee !!!
Then sent me 2x 55 tickets ( standing ) instead.
When I contacted them they said that "It was not our problem. contact the venue" !!!!!
Applied for my money back through Paypal and got a refund. No comms from them at all.
Disgusting Company, should be shut down !!!!!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!!
tys60
February 12th, 2020
There is no customer service phone number or email anywhere in the site you can find , so their guarantee is worthless. I never could access my tickets and when I tried to log in it always said my password was wrong . You request a new password and it takes 1 hr for it to send and when you get in your tickets are no where to be found and your money is gone . BUYER BEWARE PRETTY NANE TERRIBLE SERVICE...
thomasl725
July 1st, 2020
I bought 2 tickets to a Harry Styles concert for my daughter as it turns out she could not attend. So I listed them on Stubhub. They sold!!!! The concert was postponed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So what they did was collect the money from the buyer and will not pay me till the concert goes off till September of 2021!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO I SHOULD JUST WAIT A YEAR AND A HALF FOR MY MONEY HELL NO
faheemg
May 13th, 2020
I purchased NBA tickets for 2 games scheduled in March, but due to COVID-19 it didn't happen. I waited 2 months with no response from stubhub so I had no choice but to take action. There is a pandemic going on and no one can afford to waste money at this time so I disputed the charge with my bank. Between May 7-10 I also purchased 2 tickets for the NFL season. The morning of May 12th I was locked out of my stubhub account and was told that since I filed a chargeback for the NBA tickets, my account would be disabled and that I'll have to drop the dispute with my bank in order to access my account again. I won't drop the dispute because the money was mine and the event never happened and stubhub failed to keep customers informed on what's going on. If disabling my account is a part of their policy if you file a dispute with the bank then that's no problem, They can keep the account I can care less but how can they lock it right after I just purchased NFL tickets? Technically the tickets are mine because I paid for them and stubhub accepted the payment with no problem. I'm just asking for either a refund for the tickets that I paid for or to release the tickets. How can you keep my money and not give me access to the tickets that I paid for, and claim the only that they can give me my tickets from the now disabled account is to drop the chargeback from my bank. That's extortion and robbery.
mikev192
December 27th, 2019
2 days before game after flying 2000 miles. Paid for hotel and renal car they claim to have made a mistake and the tickets are not good.. scam, crooks two children ask there only gift to attend a patriots game. Wasted. Disappointed. So angry I could punch this owner. Do not buy from this company.
briannaj27
June 17th, 2020
I bought tickets and my concert got cancelled. Instead of refunding me my money (186.85) they are supposedly giving me 120% credit that expires dec 2021 and I even bought the ticket insurance. I don't go to concerts enough for this to be beneficial to me and apparently there is no way they can resolve this. I am also in the military and currently pregnant. I can't leave the 50 mile radius still and tried to get my money back before they cancelled the concert, but they said I couldn't and to wait til later and I could transfer them to someone. I'm more than displeased with this company. I will never buy anything through them again!
katherinee78
July 29th, 2020
The fact that this company has made NO effort to address the issues of cancellations due to Covid is disgusting!!! A coupon for cancelled events in normal circumstances is pretty shady but to continue this practice when all events have been cancelled due to Covid AND to offer only a one year period of use is reprehensible!! I could accept a minimal service fee loss but the loss of the total purchase price is just wrong. Who knows if events will be offered in a year or if those events are a reasonable replacement for the original event!
I caution everyone to avoid StubHub....I will NEVER use them again!!!!
brandif24
February 19th, 2020
Sold tickets on stub hub. Had trouble uploading, no customer service to help. When finally the buyer reached out they called me and was extremely rude. I asked several questions to have help making my tickets accessible to buyer and the answer was never received. The person on the other end was definitely reading from a script and would not answer my question. Received another email to upload tickets that they state they never received even though they sent me emails stating sale finale. When I logged into my stub hub account I was immediate able to see the tickets i uploaded previously. Will never use this company again, looks like I should have looked at reviews first. Everyone gets crappy service.
robk146
April 14th, 2020
I see here that a seller gave stubhub a 5 star review because they could have lost $6,000, and that stubhub went above and beyond to save them their money. Well, I am one of those people that got screwed. I lost $1,000 because stubhub CHANGED their policies AFTER I bought tickets. The concert was cancelled. I was told I could get a refund. They changed their policies....so all you sellers can rejoice that stubhub went "Above and Beyond" by screwing the buyers. They now give a credit. We live in rural America! Events do not happen here. What the hell am I going to do with $1,000 credit. We don't have football teams here. You have to drive 3+ hours just to get to a city that *might* have an event. And by the way, they waited a full month after the concert was officially cancelled to say it was cancelled on their site. TicketMaster is currently refunding while the stubhub sellers get to keep their money. Just remember this, stubhub will not be held responsible! Period.
edd165
April 1st, 2020
Purchased insurance for a Devils game (carrier Allianz) and received email Covid 19 is not covered as reason for refund. Not only ripped off on the price of 4 tickets, but then another wasted 20% premium for the insurance? The game was CANCELED - and no refund. Thieves

That's my assumption. Some other people on this site might be able to answer that from actual experience.

By Michele G.
See more answers (2)

They sell tickets they do not actually have yet. They started selling tickets for a Garth Brooks concert in Salt Lake City before tickets even went on sale. They have no way of knowing if they will actually get tickets to fulfill orders, and just cancel the order the day before the event if they don't have the tickets. Its pretty much a gamble with Stub Hub if you will get your tickets or not.

By Michelle W.
See more answers (6)

Stub hub only does resales so they can rip off the seller as well as the buyer

By tony d.
See more answers (5)

Don't worry, you will get tickets. It can be absurd how much they charge for Shipping, yet only get you tix just before.

By Sean S.
See more answers (8)

Stub Hub allowed a seller to sell me a black and white copy of a PDF ticket!! I notified them and they told me my tickets are valid. They are a duplicate black and white copy of the original. There are now at least two tickets available to my seats. Selling me a duplicate ticket knowing the seller still retains the original is FRAUD. They would not resolve the issue. I have to hope the other holder of the same ticket does not get to the venue before me. STUBHUB does not care about its customers

By Dennis F.
See more answers (6)

Is stubhug legit?

They are perfectly legit. Great place to buy tickets someone else is looking for a buyer for. I found tickets on stub, bought them, and the next day they called me and said they had been double sold. Stubhub gave me tickets that were worth $300 more than the ones I got shafted out of and got me seats next to the stage for my teen daughters first concert! Cant beat that! My kids will never forget it, completely PRICELESS!! AS far as selling your tickets here I have heard that they take a percentage, but its a great place to sell them unless you can find a buyer yourself. Good luck!

By shea m.
See more answers (5)

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER listing with Stub Hub, aka Sam Goody. This crook web site is slamming the REAL StubHub.com. Pathetic!!

By Marie D.
See more answers (4)

hi I am not sure as I haven't tried to use the tickets yet - they are e-tickets printed off...I wouldn't be surprised if I have got ripped off again....just don't use them...they were really unhelpful when I called and pointed out that I had paid double the face value and a ridulous service charge...they may as well have said "hard cheese|" you are stupid and you deserve to get ripped off...expensive mistake ...one that I will never repeat!

By colleen p.
See more answers (4)

I agree with kire j about stub hub - my experience was terrible. I was not sent a visa card. I would check like Michele w bedore you get too worried. better still phone the visa card company - I cant see how you can get a visa without applying and them sharing your personal details. best use ticket master or some other reputable company in the future. I tried stub hub just to do something different - I wont in the future"! hope you sort it out

By colleen p.
See more answers (3)

Call them and ask if they're the StubHub fake site located in CA or they are the real StubHub.com. The fake site in CA is really giving the real StubHub a bad reputation. I would take Tony D.'s suggestion. Vivid, TicketMaster, etc. are REAL brokers.

By Marie D.
See more answers (3)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the StubHub staff and other customers.

StubHub is a secondary marketplace for the buying and selling of concert tickets, sports tickets, theater tickets and just about any other kind of live event ticket you can imagine. StubHub is based in San Francisco and is owned by eBay.

maryh676
Mary H.
Sr, Manager of Social Experience

How do I know I can trust these reviews about StubHub?

Have a question about StubHub?