Review of StubHub

Tel: 1.866.788.2482
cpapp@stubhub.com

rickh313
7/18/19

You may or may not get the tickets that you paid for, but the only thing for certain is that you will never see your money again. When we ordered tickets for a concert, Stubhub sent us a non functional link to a Ticketmaster website where we were supposed to be able to download tickets. The site was down and after trying all night to download the tickets for the concert scheduled for the next day, we were unable to download any tickets. We called Stubhub several times and they admitted that the site was down (did they know that at the time that they took our money?) regardless, they never delivered the tickets that we paid for...AND THEY REFUSED TO REFUND THE MONEY!! They insisted that all sales are final and that there were no refunds, even when they were at fault. This is not a situation where the tickets were paid for, delivered and then the buyer changed their mind, this was a situation where Stubhub never even delivered what was paid for and kept our money anyway! Advertising goods or services, taking payment and then never delivering the promised goods or services is fraud.

An in store credit is not the same as a refund. With all the restrictions and expirations and the unlikelihood that we would ever find a way to use it, it is virtually worthless and certainly not the same as a refund.

The case is currently in dispute with the credit card company we used to pay for the tickets. Regardless of the outcome, it serves as a warning to you if you are considering using Stubhub. Buyer beware. They are a slimy operation and not to be trusted.

donj113
7/1/19

I bought a pair of tickets. The service fee was 40 bucks, but because i was buying 2 the service fee is charged per ticket. $80 before you even buy your pair of tickets...

I calmly reached out to stubhub to explain that the customer should not be paying 2 SEPARATE service fees for ONE TRANSACTION.

They fed me a line about how that goes towards making sure you get genuine tickets from the seller and bla bla bla. So for instance if you buy 4 tickets be prepared to shell out $200 just in fees!!

The icing on the cake is that if you were to buy 4 tickets for instance, they will charge you 4 SEPARATE TIMES FOR SHIPPING! EVEN THOUGH IT IS COMING IN ONE ENVELOPE! These people have the audacity to charge you the cost to ship 4 tickets individually even though they are going to be shipped to you all at once and in a single envelope.

You guessed it, the pair of tickets i bought? I am getting charged for 2 separate shipping fees.. They wouldnt waive one of these charges either, they said it is PART OF THEIR FEES. MEANING THEY ACKNOWLEDGED THEY ARE JUST POCKETING THE OTHER HALF OF THE SHIPPING CHARGES.

NEVER USING STUB HUB AGAIN, THEY ALSO DID NOTHING TO MAKE IT RIGHT.

barbarak34
6/12/19

STAY AWAY
STUB HUB is NOT trustworthy, I learned the hard way that this is the most dishonest company I have ever dealt with. I have used Stub Hub for big concerts in the past & have been a "registered customer" with them meaning I have bought tickets through them with a registered account, they know through their records what I have purchased through them.
Why am I upset? Because of the horrific customer service we received recently with tickets we purchased for a Giants game. Because I have used Stub Hub in the past & have been a registered customer with them, I trusted their business model & what they deliver. We bought tickets a week prior for a Giants game, Stub Hub sent us the email confirmation & we reviewed knowing all we had to do was open our account in their IPhone App. When we got to Oracle Stadium the app didn't recognize us & after a few attempts to open they closed the account while we were outside the stadium & trying desperately to open the account to get our tickets. We called the customer service number & no one answered it was 10 minutes before the game & we were setting stressed that we came from the South Bay & couldn't get the support to get our ticketswe finally were able to reset the account & asked that the tickets be sent to us via text. When we opened the text it only showed past tickets we had purchased not the Giants game tickets! - The tickets we purchased & the company was nowhere in sight to help us. It was now 5 minutes before the game to resolve our seeing the game, we had to purchase new tickets at the stadium. The next morning I contacted Stub Hub to let them know what happened & to ask for my refund as it was their mistake that their platform was not working & that their customer service group never answered the phone. I was blown away by their response their customer service reps response was not honest their message was clear they would not refund the money we spent for our tickets! Crazy even after their reviewing my (former) business with them.
In conclusion this is about the most dishonest company I have personally dealt with we are saddened & so disillusioned that this is how they treat their good (former) customers. I want this message to be heard as this is a company that does not stand up to the standards it says it delivers.

stephenu11
6/7/19

My friends and I decided to pool some money towards Raptors tickets for game 5 of the Warriors/Raptors game and thought it would be cool to attend such a crazy playoff game. For anyone who understands the significance of this, it was really disheartening to hear that after midnight (Quite a while after the raptors win which led to game 5 being the potential last game for the raptors), Stubhub contacts me and says there is a security issue with my Raptors tickets on a guest account.

I open the support email immediately as I receive it and upon explaining that I had purchased the tickets with no issue etc. the "Live Assistance" provider told me that he would connect me with the trust safety team of stubhub.

However, this team responds "within 24 hours" and when I asked if my tickets were still locked and held for me (Since I purchased them and had no issues on my end or my bank's end) and he alerted me that they were re-listed into the selling pool.

It is disgusting to see that this happened only after the Raptors won game 4 and stubhub apparently had no issue with my account until the tickets tripled in value.

This was not an issue with my bank as I have done several high volume payments before and my bank/card never bounces or has problems with transactions. I had even contacted my bank after my live chat with Stubhub and they alerted me that there was no concern for fraud on their end and this was an issue with the Stubhub security team.

I am unsure if stubhub is attempting to scam clients in games where ticket prices are volatile and relist tickets for a higher price because I have literally no understanding of why they would "temporarily lock" my account and then instantly re-sell the tickets at three times the price.

I hope people see this and make better decisions before buying high-value tickets to playoff sports outings and events.

vitar4
6/5/19

I have contacted Citizen advise to sue StubHub. They asked me to email the issue to
CMA - general.enquiries@cma.gov.uk
CMA investigate unfair trade.

My experience with StubHub: I saw ticket selling out soon and bought tickets from Stubhub paying 899 pounds for a Bronze ticket for ICC world cup 2019. Stubbub started selling the same tickets for 399 later after few months. And even the Gold tickets were cheaper than what I paid. No seat details received. They said the sale is final and no returns/refund/cancellation of the ticket regardless of any issue after the sale.

CMA is currently investigating below issues related to these type of websites. It includes the below points

1. It must be clear if there are restrictions on using a resold ticket that could result in buyers being denied access to an event;

2. People should know whom they are buying from for example if the seller is a business and/or an event organiser and can benefit from their legal rights; and customers need to be told where exactly in a venue they will be seated.

3.pressure selling whether claims made about the availability and popularity of tickets create a misleading impression or rush customers into making a buying decision;

4. Difficulties for customers in getting their money back under a website's guarantee;

5. Speculative selling where businesses advertise tickets for sale that they do not yet own and therefore may not be able to supply

6. Concerns about whether the organizers of some sporting events have sold tickets as a primary seller directly through a secondary ticket website, without making this clear to consumers.

Hope it helps people like us to protect consumer rights from these money robbers.

sharong284
6/1/19

Thieves Do not do business with these people
Tricked me with there app and charged me $1850. And I spent hours in the phone with them and they admitted that the app was confusing but they refused to reverse the charge. I think they are close to an outright scam. Their fees are the highest in the industry by far. JUST HORRIBLE
No reason to use this site-check others and the fees are much lower

marks1469
5/28/19

I too will not do business with stub hub again. I offered to sell five front row tickets for Lion King on my access page, because I could not attend. I received an Stub Hub email stating that my offer would expire shortly and recommended I lower my price. I accessed my page, lowered the price, and changed delivery to upload the PDF tickets (to speed up deliver). Two tickets sold. Then on one day Stub Hub sold the remaining three tickets twice, once by delivering the PDF copies and once by requesting that I ship them by UPS. After 90 minutes on the phone I learned this: (1) Alisa, the first service rep could not accurately read the record and could only repeat several pre-scripted lines rudely - each time blaming me for Stub Hub's mistake. I asked that Alisa put me in touch with technical support. She said that this would take at least 2 business days, and Stub Hub was buying tickets for the second buyer and charging me. I instructed her to not do this unit I spoke with technical support. (2) I then spoke with Adriel, the "supervisor." He said that changing the delivery method was a good idea given the shortened time before the event, but by doing so I created a second offer to sell the same tickets. He inaccurately stated that the "expiration" email told me to delete the original offer. It did stated that I should delete the offer if I had sold the tickets or was using them. He then stated that the system told me that when I changed the price, changing the deliver method created a second offer to sell the same tickets. He said that my access page explained this. It did not. He then admitted that he had never seen this problem before and he could not show me evidence of a warning. He said that it was my duty to discover the second offer even though I had no notice of the problem. He then said that he had performed the technical service analysis (What happened to technical support?). Maybe most importantly, he slipped and said that he had followed the Stub Hub "guidelines" for customer complaints, had no authority to be of further assistance, and Stub Hub had no procedure for offering further help. Lastly, he said that, against my specific instructions to Alisa to wait until I could speak with technical support, Stub Hub already had billed my credit card for its cost to find tickets for the buyer.

vincep48
5/19/19

Had tickets returned because they were purchased for the wrong day. You would think this would not be a problem, but I was charged for the return. I spoke to support and they were rude, unhelpful and when I tried to show them the account they conveniently had it 'under maintenance'.

HIGH FEES, HIDDEN CHARGES, DISHONEST, RUDE

Join a class action and post everywhere you can to get the word out.

Google Price fixing, Hidden Fees, etc.

A well designed service run by really bad people. Please do whatever you can to get the truth out there about them

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Vince we are so sorry to hear about this experience. We are sending a private message here so that we can assist!
crystalc174
5/1/19

I will never use them again!!!! I accidentally bought tickets for the wrong day and called them to see if I could cancel the order right after I hit submit. I was told no but could resale them. The lady never told me that they were going away from mobile tickets ( which is what I bought ), the lady from stubhub set everything up for me to sell them. I figured I could trust them since they work for the company right......nope! Sold 2 tickets and had to pay fees on them (which I already did when I bought the damn things) and I called the company and got the fee amount back but they said I had no account set up for payment. I told them the lady who set it up put all the info in and imagine this it wasn't set up and I would have never gotten paid if I didn't call. I would check the site often and my tickets were not always listed. The day of the event I still had 6 tickets to sell and I received an email that they took my listing down. When I called that is when I found out that they no longer do mobile to mobile and were like sorry nobody told you but it takes 24-48 to list them again which is BS! I told them they screwed me out of selling 6 tickets with taking it down and ask to speak to someone higher. I get a supervisor and she said we don't guarantee that you will sell all your tickets. I told him I knew that but you are taking a day away from me from selling them because you took them down without letting me know that You were canceling mobile to mobile tickets. I asked to speak to someone higher as they were not going to do anything and they were not gonna put them back on the site and I was informed I need to write a letter and send it to California. This is a bunch of bull crap and I will never ever buy tickets from them again. This is the biggest scam I have ever dealt with in my life. I wouldn't even give them a star but I don't have that option

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Crystal we are so sorry as this is not the experience our customers should have! We are sending you a private message here so we can assist.
johnr1448
4/18/19

I wanted to buy tickets for a Los Angeles Dodgers game the day before to avoid buying them at the stadium as I usually do. Redownloaded their app to buy the tickets, after finding them, had to update my new address and card info, but the tickets were for the wrong date. There is no any to stop the transaction. Called the immediately, even though it is difficult to find their phone number on their app. Talked with their rep about what had just occurred, and was informed that there is nothing I could do about date. I explained to them about the error date, keep in mind that the game had already started and I live two hours away, even though I did attempt to stop the transaction, once checked out they will not do anything about the situation other than offer to resale them for less than half for what I bought them, remember game had already started, who was really going to buy tickets after an event starts and make to see it. Won't be using them and don't recommend anyone to them.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
John we are so sorry to hear about this experience! We will be sending you a private message here for your account information so that we can assist!
keiths260
4/10/19

I purchased tickets for a concert on 03/21/2019 show cancelled on 04/04/2019 then
rescheduled for 05/31/2020? At this point they had no knowledge of this and when I made them aware of the situation the offered to list the tickets and resale them for me and hopefully I would get the full price I paid. How does that work I just wanted my money back it's like paying for a car and the waiting for over a year to get it. They are absolutely thieves in my book and how they can get away with it is that I used their service. I would strongly advise anyone to avoid them like the disease they are and if everyone did so hopefully they would cease to exist. I don't see how a person with a conscious could ever work here. I can only hope this information helps someone avoid what I went through but if you want to give away $500 then this is the place for you.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Keith we are so sorry you feel this way. We are a marketplace to allow other sellers and buyers to purchase tickets. Because you purchased tickets from another seller you are now the owner of those tickets. Having you re-list those tickets since you can't attend is the best option to getting your money back. We are happy to explain our business model further to you and have our Social Care team take a look. They can be reached on Facebook or @TeamStubHub on Twitter!
skylarf2
4/2/19

This is the worst company in the entire world. I lost approximately $500 buying tickets that weren't listed as wheelchair accessible but could only be used by someone in a wheelchair. after they didn't help me with that and I resold the tickets (for much less, losing lots of money) they then did not pay me when my tickets sold and in fact charged me $50 more. Their client service is incompetent and avoidant, a 2 year old would be better at the job. STAY AWAY

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Skylar we are so sorry to hear about this experience! We are going to reach out to you via private message here for your account info so that our Executive Care team can assist!
angelov16
3/16/19

Tried to get refund from my tickets but they always telling different things and no help. Told me they will contact me about my case during 48 hours but no one responded.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Angelo we are so sorry for this experience. We will send you a private message here so we can assist!
coreyr53
3/15/19

First off, Stub Hub does NOT sell tickets, they merely 'list' them from private sellers. I purchased mobile tickets on March 13th for a show on May 8th. The tickets were not made available to me until May 7th, the day before the show. The 2 tickets cost $513 and StubHub charged $150.80 in fees for a total of $663.80 . I ended up needing to resell the tickets a few days after I bought them and when I contacted StubHub to do so, they set the price at the recommended $221 per ticket (less than what I initially paid) for a total of $442. I would only receive $396 of that though, on top of the fact that were charging the new buyer the same fees they charged me the first time AND was told by their representative that I could be "penalized" for not having the tickets in hand when they are purchased. I basically feel like I paid almost $700 to learn that StubHub is a waste of time and money. Just stick with Ticketmaster.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Corey we are so sorry you feel that way. You are correct we don't own any of the tickets we sell as we are the marketplace to allow others to safely sell their tickets. We do charge fee's in order to protect both you with our Fan Protect Guarantee which ensures you will receive the correct and valid tickets in time for your event or we will give you comparable tickets or your money back, as well as the integrity of our Marketplace, When you re-listed your tickets for sale we would have waived your sell fee's for you as well and if we didn't please let us know!
taniap27
3/5/19

DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM STUB HUB!!!. This is the worst site I have ever dealt with and i will let anyone to know how horrible this company is. I bought 2 tickets for Chelsea FC vs Brighton & Hove Albion FC - Premier Ligue , TOTAL: 377.98. Reference number: 5M4H2F1N9424. The match was postponed, as a result of Chelsea reaching the Carabao Cup Final. And stubhub give false dates for the event already 4 times. When the date approaches, they cancel it and give a new fake date. So, already 4 times!!! The original date was 23 February, then it was changed on 24 February, then on 16 March... Yesterday I received an email, that the Chelsea FC vs Brighton FC is on 12th of May!! And this is a fake date again , because according to the Premier League program, there are other matches on this date - Leycester /Chelsea and Brighton/ Man City!!!! StuHub do this, because if there is no fixed date, the event will be deemed "Cancelled", acording their "Terms and Conditions", and they have to do a refund. So they give false dates and then cancel them!!! In fact, а real fixed date for Chelsea FC vs Brighton is nowhere announced at this stage!!!!. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!! NEVER AGAIN STUBHUB!!! NEVER!!!

danm75
2/27/19
• Updated review

Update on the last review - I was finally validated and received the money for my re-sale tickets this past weekend. Not quite a month after the sale was completed. The team has also refunded my transaction fee as a sign of good faith.

My thoughts - the initial sale setup experience was seamless. It is a GREAT site for usage, simple setup with multiple ways to submit your resale and far simpler to the setup than Ticketmaster for resale.

The bad: there was no indication as a first time seller that my account would be *flagged* as suspicious nor was I allowed to communicate with the Security team when I called the support desk. And the front line support team was less than helpful - kept telling me to wait 48 hours to be emailed every time I called. When I did work with the Security team to prove my existence, no reason was ever provided as to the flag on my account and the request for clarifying information was invasive considering no reason for it was provided. It honestly feels like they are trying to steal your identity. As well, it seemed like they only decided to reach out after I negatively reviewed across multiple sites.

The recommendation: TALK TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. If you want us to be transparent, the same is expected. If the account lock down is some sort of standard procedure, do not allow the resale setup UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE.

“Reseller scam”
2/13/19
• Previous review

Worst reselling experience.
I had purchased 2 Backstreet Boys tickets then received two better seats as a gift so posted them on Stubhub for resale.

The original tickets were from Ticketmaster who would not let me set up an account for resale as my bank account is Canadian, not American.

The initial sale setup seemed to go flawlessly. We posted the tickets using the QR code screenshot method and within hours the tickets had sold. Notifications keep coming to my email that my money is available however Stubhub has locked me out of my account.

When called, their front end told me that my account was with their security team but that I cannot talk to them directly. They need to reach out to me. I sent them proof of ownership for the original tickets and they've gone completely dark except for the continuing emails about signing in to receive my money.

Total scam to resell and keep the cash for themselves

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Dan we apologize for this experience! We are going to send you a private message so that we can review your account right away and see what we can do to resolve this for you!
carolg334
2/25/19

So I needed to sell my concert tickets due to a family situation. The site is kind of awkward for posting to sell but I listed my tickets. Only wanted to break even on them. The tickets sold and I was unable to transfer them because Stub Hub DOES NOT OFFER a Will Call option. The Stub Hub site doesn't make that clear so I called and they said no Will Call so I had to cancel the sale. Stub Hub charged $32 to my card. I certainly didn't see this penalty when I posted my tickets for sale. Customer service was very unhelpful. I will never use or recommend Stub Hub. Crooks.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Carol we are so sorry about this and would like to look into why this happened. We will send you a private message to get your account information so we can review.
hannahm131
2/20/19

Sold a ticket, and they claimed I tried to sell it twice so I never got my money, and someone else got my ticket. When I contacted support they said they couldn't void the fee. Very upset with the service.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Hannah this is not the experience we want our customers to have! We are going to send you a private message to get your account info so that we can review this for you.
jrv5
2/17/19

Purchased concert tickets from Stubhub, was not aware until later that they were from a third party seller. The tickets were never made available for us to use. When asked why, Stubhub simply said that the seller had never sent them in despite having 2 years to do so. Stubhub then refused to contact the seller to obtain the tickets as it was "aGaInSt ThEiR BuSiNeSs PoLiCy". The manager for the night was Cristopher M. And he was less than helpful with anything we asked from him, and danced around every question we asked, at one point giving us reasons why we should continue to buy from them. There is zero accountability with this business, they failed to provide the services they promised and refused to take responsibility for any of their actions. There were about 200 other concert goers having issues with their tickets that night, all the ones near us were also from Stubhub, every single one. Will never be purchasing tickets through Stubhub again.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
We are so sorry about this experience! You are covered by our FPG which should have been in effect here. We are going to message you here to get your customer information so that we can review your account and assist!
kebaln
2/12/19

Stubhub holding my money after all of my tickets were sold. the event have took place already and suddenly my account cannot login. i talked to their customer service couple times but they didnt give me a fine solution. then eventually the sellerreview@stubhub.com sent me 2 times email and ask me to provided a proof of my listed (sold) tickets. I sent to them twice and it said will give the solution after 48 hours. it's BS, I've been waiting over 48 hours since last saturday (Feb/9/2019) till today and yet they didnt give me my money from the payment that supposed arrive at my paypal. c'mon stubhub, you kidding me!!

Stubhub = big company but lack of business ethical

Tip for consumers: avoid stubhub, trust me.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Kebal we are so sorry about this! We can review this for you right away to see what is happening. We will send you a private message for your information so that we can review.
vikramr13
2/8/19

So - the barcode did not show in the app after I bought the ticket - apparently, I'm expected to chat with them to get the tickets if it doesn't work out - I was left standing in the cold before the show - so I had to buy a new ticket at the theatre. Now they will not refund the money for the tickets I bought through stubhub - btw, their helpline chat window sucks too - you're expected to stay on that screen on your phone - else it gets disconnected!

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Vikram we are so sorry! We will reach out via private message to see what we can do to turn this experience around!
walters160
2/8/19

I ordered tickets for a birthday present for my niece. She got to the venue to find out the tickets were already in use. It took 4 hours on the phone and multiple emails to even get a refund!!

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Walter we are so sorry to hear about this experience. It is absolutely not what we want to have happen to any of our customers ever! Since we are an open marketplace we don't own any of the tickets but we protect our customers with our Fan Protect Guarantee. This ensures you will receive the correct and valid tickets in time for your event. In the very rare chance something goes wrong with the tickets as it did here, we will work to get you replacements or a full refund. We will send you a private message here to look into your account further and see what we can do to assist in making this right!
colinm142
2/6/19

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, COMPLETELY INCOMPETENT!!

I purchased tickets from this site, stupidly I had selected the wrong date....I called the customer services immediately, but they advised they could not cancel the order even though it was 5 minutes prior because the money is with the seller, it turns out this was a complete lie.

This meant I had to pay the admin fees and I was forced to re-list my tickets, luckily enough i re-sold these tickets, as such I will never see the tickets as they changed the address on my original order to that of my new buyer....the hugely disappointing fact is they are not transferring the money owed to me until 5 after the event. This means that they still have my money and also my buyers money for 5 months, this is completely unjustified. I understand that the original person listing the tickets shouldn't be paid until the event to ensure validility of the tickets....but in my circumstance it is unacceptable for them to hold onto this money. The sheer arrogance of the company and inflexibility is truly shocking.

I will never use this site again due to the service I have received, I even emailed the CEO and did not even receive an acknowledgement which sums up this organisation.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
We are so sorry for this experience. We are a marketplace which means we don't own any of the tickets on site. This is the reason we aren't able to cancel orders but we work with our customers to get their tickets re-listed on site should they not be able to attend. Some events we are required to pay after the event. Please reach out to us if you feel that is incorrect and we can review your account for you!
fiw4
2/5/19

Awful service from stubhub international I ordered football tickets paid £600 for them almost 2 weeks in advance, no delivery came I called them 2 days before the event they said they had missed s part of my address however I gave the lady my new email address the day after I brought the tickets even with a email confirmation. They are rude to talk to on the phone and don't want to help you. The only people what helped was the English side who don't deal with football which is extremely annoying! So my tickets never came even though promised by 3 different people that they would. The seller also let me know they only contacted him the day of the event to send them! I am no getting my bank to get the money back for me after not only ruining my partners birthday surprise trying to get a refund for their mistake is impossible! I have left 3 emails since and no one has replied to give my money back?

DO NOT BUY TICKETS FROM HERE YOU WILL NOT GET THEM, YOU WILL ALSO DEAL WITH THEIR RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AND HAVE TO FIGHT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK FROM THESE SCAMMERS!!!

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
We are so sorry for this experience! We will private message you here for your account information so we can assist.
luisb97
2/3/19

I had misplaced physical tickets mailed to me from a HubStub purchase, traveling out of state to Lakers game. I called customer service, was told that they couldn't do anything to replace tickets but could try to show Staples Center ticket office my HubStub receipt and seats for reprints. At Staples office, I was told that my seats were actually resold on the Lakers ticket exchange and I wouldn't have been allowed entry even if I had the physical tickets, as they were scanned already. So I purchased tickets I couldn't use from HubStub. I called back HubStub customer service, and instead of investigating the seller who sold me tickets, the rep kept questioning me on my story and intimated that I was lying or trying to get money back. This is ridiculous, being turned down at the game with 5 people in my party, after driving 7 hours and paying over $620. StubHub not investigating the seller is maddening. I will never use StubHub again and I would recommend anyone who is reading this to get tickets using another method.

Response from Mary H., StubHub Representative
Luis this is not the experience we want our customers to have! We will private message you here for your account information so that we can take a look for you
178 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

That's my assumption. Some other people on this site might be able to answer that from actual experience.

By Michele G.

They sell tickets they do not actually have yet. They started selling tickets for a Garth Brooks concert in Salt Lake City before tickets even went on sale. They have no way of knowing if they will actually get tickets to fulfill orders, and just cancel the order the day before the event if they don't have the tickets. Its pretty much a gamble with Stub Hub if you will get your tickets or not.

By Michelle W.

Stub hub only does resales so they can rip off the seller as well as the buyer

By tony d.

Don't worry, you will get tickets. It can be absurd how much they charge for Shipping, yet only get you tix just before.

By Sean S.

Stub Hub allowed a seller to sell me a black and white copy of a PDF ticket!! I notified them and they told me my tickets are valid. They are a duplicate black and white copy of the original. There are now at least two tickets available to my seats. Selling me a duplicate ticket knowing the seller still retains the original is FRAUD. They would not resolve the issue. I have to hope the other holder of the same ticket does not get to the venue before me. STUBHUB does not care about its customers

By Dennis F.

They are perfectly legit. Great place to buy tickets someone else is looking for a buyer for. I found tickets on stub, bought them, and the next day they called me and said they had been double sold. Stubhub gave me tickets that were worth $300 more than the ones I got shafted out of and got me seats next to the stage for my teen daughters first concert! Cant beat that! My kids will never forget it, completely PRICELESS!! AS far as selling your tickets here I have heard that they take a percentage, but its a great place to sell them unless you can find a buyer yourself. Good luck!

By shea m.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER listing with Stub Hub, aka Sam Goody. This crook web site is slamming the REAL StubHub.com. Pathetic!!

By Marie D.

hi I am not sure as I haven't tried to use the tickets yet - they are e-tickets printed off...I wouldn't be surprised if I have got ripped off again....just don't use them...they were really unhelpful when I called and pointed out that I had paid double the face value and a ridulous service charge...they may as well have said "hard cheese|" you are stupid and you deserve to get ripped off...expensive mistake ...one that I will never repeat!

By colleen p.

I agree with kire j about stub hub - my experience was terrible. I was not sent a visa card. I would check like Michele w bedore you get too worried. better still phone the visa card company - I cant see how you can get a visa without applying and them sharing your personal details. best use ticket master or some other reputable company in the future. I tried stub hub just to do something different - I wont in the future"! hope you sort it out

By colleen p.

Call them and ask if they're the StubHub fake site located in CA or they are the real StubHub.com. The fake site in CA is really giving the real StubHub a bad reputation. I would take Tony D.'s suggestion. Vivid, TicketMaster, etc. are REAL brokers.

By Marie D.
Questions? Get answers from the StubHub staff and other customers.

8 Photos for StubHub