Skrill (Moneybookers) reviews

Tel: +1-800-268-8653

kamranm8
3/30/19

Its very simple, they will block your money, and you won't get it back, even after you send them all of the ID documents, especially if you have a non white sounding name.

helenat5
11/23/18

I decided to use this as a wallet for online surveys payment. At first, I had no problem withdrawing my money. So I decided to save some money so I could withdraw a good quantity all at once.

That's when the problems started.

First of all, more than half my money was used for a Bitcoin purchase transaction which was obviously not mine. I contacted Customer Support and a human NEVER answered me. I didn't know if they were working on my case until I received an email saying my account was locked because of suspicious activity, which was NOT my suspicious activity. I never had a chance to report the shady transaction. So I want to withdraw the rest of my money so this doesn't happen again, and Skrill won't let me. I have to verify my account. I'm missing one document and I contacted customer service, saying I want to close my account. They wouldn't let me. So I found all these reviews. Now I'm afraid because I uploaded many important documents to Skrill. Fortunately, I didn't have much money there, but I already see it as lost money.

ristoh
9/6/18

When they were quite small I helped them to get customers with their referral program. I got totally over 60.000,00 USD referral commissions during few years. Then they just freeze my account. They even freeze account of my friends. I moved abroad and was able to open new account with my name few years later. Then one day I moved back to my home country and I updated my address and there was not any problem. Then suddenly they few years later freeze my account and when I call to them they said that my account is frozen and they will not tell me why but they promised to send me one email which is here:

"Thank you for contacting the Skrill Help Team.

We are sorry to inform you that during a recent audit of your Skrill account, we found reasonable grounds to discontinue our business relationship. Therefore your account has been closed. Please note that this decision is final.

More information on the issue is available in the Terms and Conditions you accepted when you registered. The following articles apply:

4. Opening Your Skrill Account
[ ... ]
4.5. All information you provide during the signup process or any time thereafter must be accurate and truthful.
16. Termination and suspension
[ ... ]
16.4. We may at any time suspend or terminate your Skrill Account without notice in case:
16.4.1. you breach any condition of these Terms of Use or any other condition applicable to specific services covered by separate terms and conditions;
16.4.2. you violate or we have reason to believe that you are in violation of any law or regulation that is applicable to your use of our services; or
16.4.3. we have reason to believe that you are in any way involved in any fraudulent activity, money laundering, terrorism financing or other criminal activity.

Best regards,
Katya
Skrill Help Team"

Those early days they had good and fast service and small transaction fees. Now they don't have customer service and have high transaction fees and top of that they just keep freezing accounts and they do very big damage by their actions. I don't even want to tell here how big damage they have done because anyone would not believe it. Be careful and don't trust to them. If You have to use it in some transactions where You can't see any other alternative then be aware that it is not safe. Almost anything can happen.

ferasa7
6/12/18

after you transfer the money, they block it and ask you to go through a complicated verification process.it will be my first and last to deal with them.

peders2
4/20/18

It is a long time ago i used skrill, but it was clearly my impression something was wrong with the firm, and that they did not even follow the law at that time.

I wrote on their facebook profile that people should be aware that the firm Skrill had more than 10 times bad reviews than positive ones and people should be carefull.

Since that day i was banned by them on facebook.
And i later tried to pay something using skrill ( yes that sound stupid ) with another credit card and where i lived on a new address.
But this wasent possible, they have blocked me as a human being from using their payment services just becourse I told the truth about their firm.

I can see when i search for skrill review that allot of people share the excact same story as mine with having problems with this firm both ordinary costumors and even firms that have used them for payment services.

Actual im shocked that skrill is still able to operate and havent been shut down yet.

I highly recommend to select other payment methods than skrill when possible.

garyw65
3/19/18
• Updated review

A followup as to what happened locally. Presented the false charges from Skrill to my bank - the Huntington National Bank (Columbus) and were on it like pit bulls. They took care of the ALL the false charges, no problems to my account. One of many reasons, they have had my money for nearly 30 years. Always feel 'Welcome'. They'll be getting atta-boys on here so the 5 starts are not for Skrill.

“SKRILL steals your money”
3/19/18
• Previous review

I noticed 3 charges all from SkrillUSA for the same amount of 77.18 all on the same day. All were not authorized and now I cant contact them. The number on their "help" page goes to a realty company. No other number is connected. I've written the NY Attorney General but do not expect much as I live in Ohio as is my bank. How did they get this new debit card number and what is with th 3 false charges. What else is there to do? Worse Skrill wants me to open an account before they'll answer any emails!

emirb15
2/5/18

I made my first withdrawal without any problems, but to keep using the service, I needed to verify my identity. I followed their procedure for verification, and a couple of days thereafter I received a message from Skrill that my verification was complete. The same minute, another message followed saying that my verification was not in order, and further action was required. The site shows opposite information, one page says that my account is restricted and I need to verify my identity, whereas the verification page says that verification is complete. All the while, my account is blocked, and I cannot receive money. Customer service is non existent. I wrote to them many times about the problem, and received no response whatsoever, not one. Now, you decide if this is worth your mental health.

tomasr27
1/20/18

Skrill is a company trying to turn out to be a serious transmission company, it can work but it's a lottery. Sooner or later, there will be a problem and then you will not get help as a customer.

Bring over $ 2500 this money disappeared like in a dark hole when I conducted a banking operation to them. In the last month, the suspects have not solved this. Do not know if it will be solved either. They ask for proof of the transfer that I sent to them, this proof comes from my bank with then refuses to accept this. It feels like talking to the bank mafia, and you must try to prove to the mafia that you are right, but they are both judges and prosecutors, and they do not light on you at all. That is, impossible to solve any problems. So if you do not want to lose any money, use some serious payment service instead.

If you are lucka you can succes with some transfer, but when problem occour you will never use skrill again.

danielo79
1/20/18

this idiot skrill.com stole my money they are scammers , they simply wake up one morning block a few account and buy a lambo or ferrai , they stole my $2557 i won on a gambling site , my winnings were paid but this thieves blocked my account , i was told to forward my id card and utility bill which i did , called skrill for 18 days at a strech , mailed and mailed , yet no useful response , this guys are coporate scammers run for your ife

sandeepy1
1/17/18

If possible avoid SKRILL, they charge 7.5 % of your money if you withdraw your money.
Also charge without your consent

Poor customer service, slow response to emails

Their exchange rates are also questionable.

Complete bull$#*!

arubaa
12/22/17

Worst internet based experience till now. They stole my money and told me to provide my identity proof. Identity proof? Do you really want my identity proof to validate my transactions or are you requesting it to just deter me from accessing my funds? If you really want my ID verification, then why you allowed me to deposit fund in the first place? And if you really want to verify it, then tell me your problem with those documents which I have sent your way? So far, they have failed to give me authentic reason for not accepting any of my ID proofs.

anneliesd
12/12/17

The Skrill payment system is very sensitive for phising and scamming, Skrill is one of the biggest enablers of digital crime and money laundring. Instead of doing something about it, they support it and sponsor it, since they are making money from it. It's not strange that they changed their bad name, Moneybookers, to Skrill, in order to erase their criminal past, but they have just started over...

WARNING: Do not trust their platform, you are running the risk of losing all your money!

arshj
12/1/17

Skrill is the most fraudulent company on earth.Even their support team is composed of thieves.How can somebody claim to help you and tries to change your account details?This not acceptable on earth and these thieves need to be taught a lifetime lesson.

fraudf
11/14/17

AVOID SKRILL i can't withdrawal my money trying for days, i can solve the Palistinian and Cyprian issues faster and easier than withdrawal money from them

yemeno
9/23/17

skrill is the most fraudulent company on earth.If you do not want to die of stress never use it at all.THEY GIVE YOU VERY MINOR EXCUSES

mikeb420
9/19/17

Please do yourself 1 favour -- and DO NOT use this service. Non-existent customer service, the verification process doesnt work. Absolutely horrible.

rakibh2
9/17/17

Skrill 100% fraud . They are closed your account any time without any reason. Fraud Fraud Fraud. My account 100% verified but they are closed my account. And eat my all available Skrill balance. And send me this massage below after 5 days :

Thank you for getting back in touch.

As we have advised previously, following an audit of your account, we must advise that your Skrill account has been terminated as we have found reasonable grounds to discontinue our business relationship. Further to our Terms and Conditions, we have charged you an administration fee of 4.72 USD. Please note that our decision is final and is not a subject to further negotiations.

Therefore your account has been permanently closed. Please do not open new account as these will be closed too.

Skrill is now fraud. Don't use them. Fraud Fraud Fraud.

peterh203
8/28/17

Had a very bad experience with Skrill ,
One of their customer accounts scammed me of £120 email sarahsmales72@gmail.com.
This email address was being used fraudulently to take money and not sending the goods.
This all transpired from an Ebay account holder who stated that there account was broken into , and listed an Iphone which i purchased but never received.
although i had reported this issue to Action Fraud Cyber crime Skrill don't want to know.( no apology unethical company)
All they state is that i am responsible for the money transfer.
Ok, but to a email account that is being used to fraudulently take peoples hard earned cash.
Be aware you could be sending your money to anyone using this company to scam you, with no chargeback or reverse payment system.

johnv154
8/25/17

If I could give 5 stars for the worst service experience of my life, this company deserves them! It is not possible to describe the frustration and the pain that requires dealing with them. Unbelievable - non existent - support, problems, technical issues, latencies and back and forth all the time. After 4 days the account is not working, the login is wrong, we are unable to transfer money and you can't even understand what the support is telling you (heavy accent, lot of noise on the background).

abdellatife
8/7/17

the site is so bad. support sometimes forget to reply
it have been weeks waiting to solve a simple issue and they dont care to solve it..
they dont have enough people working in support such a greedy company..
i do not recommend using this lair site.

mehmeta6
7/12/17

If you have millions and don't care about your money, then scroll down to the next comment. Here is mine. Deposited 130 bucks for gaming reasons and then regret it. Wanted to withdraw it in my brother's bank account (-21.53$). They told me you can't transfer it another one's bank account and sent my money back to me (-21.53$). I got insane, lost 43$ for nothing, and wanted to withdraw it in my own bank account. AND GUESS WHAT ? -21.53$$$ again and again. I thought i saved 59$ but well, i forgot that im against skrill... It has been 24 DAYS since i requested to withdraw my money. Sent nearly 10 tickets, same answers... They wanted me to send my bank history and that was the last mail they sent. Oh my 130$ ? It's completely gone ! My 24 days of waiting ? For a huge NOTHING ! Don't, just DON'T

satisfiede
6/30/17

when I had to get in touch with them to get a transaction ID they responded within 5 minutes. No hassle, no problem.. great service. No complaints.

johnh709
6/6/17

Customer service is very bad and that is being Kind. From time to time they freeze your account looking for updated information about you then present you with a list as long as your arm before they will unfreeze your account. The never answer the phone and when they do they are unhelpful and sometimes rude! They are without a shadow of a doubt the worst company I haver ever dealt with and that is being kind!

imann
6/3/17

do not use it, its a worst service you can see!!! they waste your money and time.
customer agent are so rude and they cannot solve any issue, they keep asking you to clean your cache or wait another 48 hours!!! do not waste your time with skrill

aiajg
4/27/17

I think i never will get my money back. They stole it. And i costumer service dont help. I make a withdrawal in 10. april now is 27. april and money dont recive yet.

Their problems are many: 1. They are scam artists. 2. If you try and email them and you do not have an account with them, you'll get an email saying "We don't know you" and force you to open an account with information you don't want them to have. 3. Their main office is in England! Yeah good luck with the time change on getting anyone live. I could not find a working phone number in the US to reach them. Scam, scam, SCAM! Stay away!

By Gary W.

Questions? Get answers from the Skrill (Moneybookers) staff and other customers.

Skrill (Moneybookers)?