Review of Bigcommerce

Bigcommerce reviews

Tel: 1-888-699-8911

anona34
10/16/16

4 months, 5+ support tickets and countless follow ups later - my stores plan still has not been downgraded as requested. Now they have the audacity to suspend my store and tell me that it could possibility be deleted from their records if I dont pay a bill for the higher plan. What terrible customer service. My store was featured on their Showcase page as an example of a great design. Bigcommerce featured my store on their blog multiple times, and even interviewed me personally for an article. I did a Q&A on their forum after they reached out to me. I used to tell everyone about how great Bigcommerce was. What an absolute joke they have now become. Don't set up your business with Bigcommerce - it'll only cause problems later.

lonnieh22
4/2/15

One of the only legit ecommerce sites available. Re-active templates make the user experience great. My drop rate decreased dramatically since I switched from Volusion. It's nice to be making sales now! I recommend BigCommerce for anyone looking to sale retail independently online.

mikeys1
7/29/13

Used to be a site where the development was always going on for items needed in a medium to small sales site to grow. Recently (within the past 12 to 16 months) the development team has been on vacation, or so it seems. many of the promised features have been "In progress" for 12 months plus and many in place features simply don't work. They are hard to press using there 3rd party (pay) apps to fill these voids. What they don't understand there are plenty more like services that are easier and cheap, also better, (cough ebay cough amazon) already filling that void and they should focus on being the guys leading the path away from these services. If you looking for a start up site for a small home business, these guys are great for that truth be told, but if your planning on joining the big show down the road look elsewhere. Check out the forums for all the issue they have not fixed in 6 months plus.

rosek16
11/26/12

Great software and without a doubt the greatest customer service I've come across in any industry, let alone tech. So friendly, so helpful...just awesome.

andrewc18
9/14/12

I work for a wholesale business, and used BigCommerce for our company website. It doesn't give a lot of options for our business model out of the box, BUT I was able to customize it to fit our needs because you can modify the template files easily. Since then I've opened three more stores with them. One other thing worth noting is their support is great: the staff and other users will actually answer questions on the community forum, and when I have an urgent problem, Live Chat support is always great.
The downside to BigCommerce is their pricing plans are inflexible: For example, if you want 2GB of storage but not 1,000 products or tons of bandwidth, you can't just pay for more storage, but have to upgrade to the next plan. It doesn't appear as if they plan to change this either.
There are a lot of other issues (you can check the feature requests in the forum for more), BUT overall it's always been a pleasure dealing with this company, and they're always trying to improve their product. Definitely recommend.

ashleys14
7/16/12

Very sleek interface and design. The modular front end makes editing a breeze for both beginners and professionals. Features and functionality is very smooth and well designed, my only concern is that they could use more robust industrial functionality when you want too because sometimes the bells and whistles can get in the way of fast paced work.

michaelc22
9/4/11

I just love using Big commerce website there software is world leading. Loads of top quality features and a doddle to setup! You can be up and running within a few hours. There customer support is really good you even get a dedicated account manager to help you setup your online website. If you want to see how good they are visit our site which uses there package www.purchasecardsonline.com it really is one of the very best I have used and boy have I used loads of different types of ecommerce shopping cart solutions.

Questions? Get answers from the Bigcommerce staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Bigcommerce