Review of Stripe

Tel: +1-800-952-5210
info@stripe.com

edwardh182
2/1/19

Very bad service.I had a business selling used apple products which I would not have invoices or an authorization from Apple. To make a long story short the sent me an email stating that they not able to send payouts to my bank without proof of being authorized by apple. I explained I was unaware that I had to be authorized to sell used products. A day later I got an email that seemed like they were going to help.They falsely told me that if I send in my Id that they would resume my payouts immediately. Well that never happened.Then 2 days later they asked for a link to my store and I told them that I no longer have the store operational since I weren't able to get payouts for sells.Once again they acted like they were going to help. 2 days later I checked my payouts and found out they put all my money in a 90 day reserve.they never emailed me about the change now my payouts are scheduled for may 1st.how on earth they expect you to run a business on them terms.i was honest andupfront but they seem to not care.I been talking with attorneys and they think I may have a case.They have over $4800 from sales tied up which put a strain on my business and was my only source of income.

jakem121
11/27/18

Don't EVER use this company. Doing so will put your business and your systems at risk. No chargebacks and no complaints and a prosperous 2 year relationship equates to your organization being shutdown and only having 5 days to find another payment provider, offload all of your accounts, card information (which they don't let you export), subscriptions, deposit and payout history and the like for hundreds (possibly thousands of accounts--depending upon your size). They have NO phone support. Their blog article and claim to phone support is a lie. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a vendor. Beware. Go to Paymentcloud or SpotOn or Square. Square never did this to us. More information and stories like mine coming soon to stripesucks net

I now have less than 5 days to move over all of my customer profiles, payment information, subscriptions and products, deposit and payout history and the like. That's hundreds upon hundreds of accounts!!!

We're a local Technology Consulting company offering in-house services to our clients. If you do ANYTHING in IT -- this is NOT the Merchant for you.

If my story and the stories on the internet are any indication as to this companies baseless accusations and carlessness for your respect and business--this is NOT the Merchant for ANYONE.

They are dishonest (no chat--no phone number). Oh. You think because of their lying blog article you get phone support when logged in? Nope. Dishonest. Check 1. Too large to care about your micro-business or small business. Check 2. Slow response and unwillingness to provide substantial information or work with you to come up with a viable solution. Check 3. useless.. Run. Run far, far away.

Also, if you're reading this and you're pissed, Make a youtube video--tag stripe in it. Google loves video. I'll work on getting all the bad reviews in one place. Email me : jake@pcprojectsllc.com

qianw1
11/21/18

Like many others, I tried to use Stripe to process payments for my short term rental business. After one failed payment that was declined due to the customer having insufficient funds, instead of waiting for me to resolve it, Stripe decided to immediately lock out services on my account.

I contacted Stripe support multiple times, explaining in detail what happened from my point of view, and each time they responded with a generic copy-and-paste that did not relate to any of my specifics, and insisted that my business was too "high risk" for them to provide services. I call shenanigans on that as I know for a fact numerous other short term rentals use Stripe and they've partnered with multiple channel managers.

On my most recent communication with Stripe, I asked that even if they couldn't restore services to my account, at least GIVE ME AN EXPLANATION why they've locked me out. But no, their response to that was word for word the same generic tripe they used previously, and completely ignored my requests. They couldn't be bothered with my problem and decided it's easier to cut me off.

Your mileage may vary, and you may never run into the problems I did, and if so that's great, but I would caution any new users that your experience with Stripe might come to a grinding halt at any moment with you none the wiser about what you did wrong.

rudyr26
11/3/18

Big scam !! Watch out !!
2 same sites, same products, other language, just on another domain, 1 was accepted, 1 was rejected because in violation of their conditions. They don't even have plugins .....
They let you test, which takes hours and then .......

alexa277
11/2/18

Simply the worse company to do business with; what a joke!

No way to contact them; they don't answer email in a timely manner.

How do they manage to stay in business.

katherineg73
10/10/18

I honestly wondered if my interactions with them were a prank.

Stripe held onto $437 through several exchanges by telling me that I had broken their rules using Stripe to power a raffle. Meanwhile, they are the only payment option available on RaffleRiver.com.

They were not rude to me during our interactions. More like, they kept telling me things and asking for things that were so unacceptable, I kept wondering if someone was playing a prank.

If you want to use Stripe to power event registration / ticket purchasing, they do several insane things:
1) They hold onto a percentage of your sales indefinitely for "dispute resolution" purposes
2) They make you provide your contract with your event venue, and any contracts you have with other suppliers

But they bury both of these things in the red tape, and they don't have a "You can't move forward unless you provide..." function. They wait until they have your money and then they make you jump through hoops.

I closed my account after I got my final transfer and I'm happy to be gone.

samg171
9/26/18

Horrible company to do business with. Very difficult to work with. Stay away, you will waste your time and money dealing with their complete incompetence. Horrible customer service and dropped account without notice leaving me stranded.

gabr3
8/12/18

The service that this company provide is very expensive, worthless, and problematic. If something goes wrong you won't find a solution because the customer service is terrible. Nobody can help and Stripe must be the winner at all cost no matter if the service that they provided is done incorrectly. If you happened to be unsatisfied there is nothing and nobody to assist you. The customer service representatives' emails do not provide their last name or any information about their role within the company or phone number. All the customer service used the same email address just different people answers at all time. Can't get in touch with them. They have to get in touch with you. Their generic emails do not answer your questions... good luck to you! Further, they will hold the payment received for about 10 days and the exact charge for the transaction is calculated by them using percentage and cents. Customers will only know about the exact charge based on a percentage and until the other person pays you... the higher the amount the higher the fee, so BE AWARE AND BE VERY CAREFUL.

nesta
7/24/18

Very bad service, surface try to pretend help you. but did nothing. We accidentally click on the button without confirmation, and it was charged $6600, and it was mistake, and I did refund immediately, but they refused to refund any cent back to us. it was charged $192 for this wrong button click which was no confirm at all. Please use other company with the fees refunded service. they were not helpful from customer service. very disappointed at all. not recommended.

denisep147
7/18/18

I had a Facebook Marketplace store that I used to raise funds for our animal rescue at Christmas time. Someone ordered a pair of earrings last week and I shipped them off immediately because they are a friend of mine. They paid via Facebook payments, which go to Stripe. When I didn't see the money in my Paypal, I went into my Facebook Marketplace settings and discovered that (most likely an old volunteer) set up an account with Stripe to receive payments from Facebook. Luckily, until now, most people have used Paypal directly instead of going through Facebook to make a purchase. However, there is money in the Stripe account, and they are refusing to send it to me until July 25. In addition, they claimed that the payment for the earrings came through TODAY - even though I know they were paid for a week ago and were shipped then.

As soon as I get my money, I'm leaving Stripe and telling everyone to steer clear. Fees are more than Paypal, customer service is non-existent, and everything I'm seeing tells me their security is non-existent. I predict they won't be around much longer. I'm also sending an email to the Treasury Department about them.

adams89
7/7/18

Stay away! This payment processor not only allows fraudsters - it encourages them. It will be weeks before Stripe will tell you there is a problem, long after you've dutifully handled an order so that you not only lose the entire value of the transaction and the stock fulfilling the order, but also you will be slugged with an additional fee for the transaction being declared fraudulent.

This fee would be acceptable if Stripe had made efforts to prevent such a transaction taking place originally - but their fraud detection is nonexistent. They claim they have something called 'Radar' to help fight fraud, but they can't even check a postal address in their system.

Furthermore, you can't ring them either. Don't waste valuable money with these people - they will rip you off.

lisah573
6/26/18

I use Stripe to collect credit card payments from clients. Never had a problem. Always a smooth and immediate transaction.

richardt288
6/21/18

Been using stripe for a few years now, and I prefer it to PayPal. Where as withdrawals are manual with PayPal, they are near instantaneous, however Stripe has automatic rolling withdrawals, but you have to wait at least 7 days after being paid before you can access your funds.

dissapointedr
6/12/18

After a few weeks of payouts they informed me they asked me to provide some documents to them re authorisation. 5 hours later before I could oblige I got a wix message that my stripe account was closed and all my customers were refunded (a few thousand) (all the items were already shipped)
Emailed and they said once the account is closed everyone gets refunded and I should contact the customers to try and get them to pay again.
After embarrassingly contacting a few everyone stated they weren't ever refunded.
Contacted Stripe again to get more information for the customers and now stripe magically has NO RECORD of my account
IF I DIDN'T GET THE MONEY, NEITHER DID THE CUSTOMERS STRIPE JUST STOLE THE MONEY!

I am in the process of contacting my lawyer this is such a shocking scam please be careful and lawyer up before using them

Tip for consumers: SCAM, STOLE MONEY

dylanh66
6/8/18

DO NOT USE STRIPE. The platform is made for fraudulent payments, they offer no help to fight fraud apart from a few rules you can put in place which hardly work. They will then close your account due to the disputes (ALL FRAUD) and hold all of your funds for 90 days.

Appalling service if you can even call it that. Very damaging to small businesses!!!

briand302
6/4/18

I use both Stripe and Paypal. Stripe has a 7 day payout delay until you provide the ID. When the ID is uploaded and verified , Stripe says they'll payout in normal timeframes - but they do not. When an ID is uploaded they keep the payout schedule at 7 days which means with Stripe you'll actually be paid 1 week after you receive payment. Paypal have the funds cleared within 1/2-1 day typically.

I don't know why Stripe claim to offer 1-2 day settlements but they do not.

pamc113
5/31/18

Have a short term vacation property. My property manager just switched to strip 2 months ago. Completely booked for 10 weeks that they were paid. But I wasn't. Been waiting for 6 weeks and still waiting!! Switching property managers (that are doing a good job) just to get away from them

jackf93
5/1/18

Best by far and very reliable thanks for opening my account so fast and sending me tips on how to operate

joshh93
1/23/18

I was just notified from a company I was planning to order S9 Bitcoin Miners from that they are no loner able to take the order through their stripe and their funds have been seized for 45 day due to Stripe. I thought this was a free economy. I should be able to do what I want with my money and not have some third party tell me what I can and can't do. Banking institutions are scared of blockchain and the freedom it represents. Poor management and customer support from Stripe on this issue when I tried to contact them direct letting them know I indeed authorized this purchase.

davidp113
1/10/18

Stripe is the worse company ever, Please think twice before getting their services, you get no protection from them and you will lose alot of money for trusting them.

I have been selling since 2009. I have been using paypal all the time until I decided to give a stripe a chance. For many months everything was going great.

On 2017, I received about 907 payments on paypal and about 175 on stripe. One day I received a payment for $153 from a customer from Italy. I checked on stripe system and the payment seems to be fine.I even waited one week to ship the items. I shipped out 10 items worth $80 . 6 weeks later the customer reported the transaction as fraudulent. So ridiculous to think a normal human being do not bother to check their bank account.
In less than 24 hours stripe withdrawn the money from my bank account. I tried to respond to such chargeback and stripe lame system would not let me upload any pictures. I tried chroome and firefox. I tried two different computer and still not able to add those pictures to my "case". I contacted striped and demanded answers as they claim their system is safe for payment processing, That is totally FALSE and people can pay with stolen credit cards and stripe won't bother to send any alert. The last customer support rep I chatted with said This conversion is not productive and closed the chat . When you confront them , they still stop communicating with you. At least paypal has phone customer support and you can talk to a live person and they willl help you with the charge back. Stripe do not assume any responsibility. All they say is they can not fix or help and you have to deal with the bank. what bank if you do not get any info of the bank where the charge back was filled from.

so I lost the charge $ 153 plus stripe charged me $15 for a feee and $ 80 of my merchandise. The scammer must be laughing and how easy they scammed me.

Go with paypal or square. They are decent companies and they are least care about thier customers.

Stripe offers ZERO protection to sellers. I am a small seller and can not afford to give away my merchandise just because stripe is not doing their homework. their system is weak and not safe at all.

jps7
12/26/17

My business runs on subscriptions. Stripe makes it simple and affordable (by comparison with fees) to create an account and manage subscriptions. There are issues with notification and how to capture those subscribers whose CC are outdated or fail to charge. Better notification would make it easy to realize earlier and do so without so much manual labor. Daily notifications on incoming charges posted to my email is nice. Dashboard is nicely set up.

Tip for consumers: Do shop around. There are other platforms out there, but in my study of the competition STRIPE came out on top.

jamesw508
12/24/17

Stripe are the worste payment gateway provider ever! Cse in point.
Security failure. We are an ecommerce business selling apple computers!
Stipe nabled are 9 stolen credit cards to purchase computers from our site.
Due to our experience, we quickly identified the money sitting in our account as fraudulant.
We first attempted to contact the buyers, shich we couldnt and then soon refunded all the money.
About a 4 days after the refunds, card disputes acame through on a number of the payments.
Stripe immediately debited our ac$#*! with a number of disputed card payments. Bear in mind the average sale price is £1500 - Oh yes- Stripe thne charged us £15 per card fee for the dispute.
Although there is electronic proof we had refunded all the fraudulant payments that Stripe allowed though originally - Stripe still enforced us to take the financial blow!
On top of it all- we are given a 3 month lead time until we would possibly hear back about the refunds and disputes with regards to any sort of a resolutions.
Where we are - we've literally paid double the amount of funds back to some credit card company - all because stripe have very ppor , low and inefficient security protocol.
Whats even worse,Stripe dont have telephone support, its all done by e-mail and their respponses are simply a tyraid of links sent from them to me about reading up their terms and help pages - NO PERSONAL CONATCT WHAT SO EVER!
Oh yes, slow e-mail responses - ineffective answers.
Overall their service is shoddy at best. Stripe are useless and costly.
There is also a knock effect with regards to using Stripe.
The time you will spend reading trhough help pages that by no means are helpful - Strip are good at passing all the risk onto their customers whilst taking their cut ever which way!
Additionally, you get to feel angry and unappreciated - why? Because Stripe dont care! they keeps costs low by only providing lazy , delayed e-mail support... even in serious matters.
Stripe use some random third party security alogorithm , they dont use their own - whihc brings with it a number of security isues that I wont go into.
By the way- This is Christmas Eve - THANKS FOR NOTHING STRIPE!!!!

piergitars
12/10/17

They are the worst, a complete scam. NEVER USE STRIPE. They kept clawing back money months after the order was placed and shipped. Even after providing DHL Tracking number they took thousands of dollars. MORE THAN BITTER EXPERIENCE. THEY ARE A FRAUD!!!

tomt138
12/2/17

I got two £10 charges on the same day from Stripe: one from a site I recognised, one from something called monzo.com, which I had never heard of. They refused to reverse the monzo one and refused to tell me which of the two payments was which, despite me providing them with all the information they had provided my bank. As they could not offer evidence that either of them was genuine, I was forced to tell my bank to reverse them.

yanh12
11/20/17

Scam company, would not recommend using them, lost way too much money fro their deal with the devil, if you have a business know that stripe not only not defending you they take money from your account and transfer it to scammers - scammers can just go to their bank say they never used your service and thats it they get their money back - i dont want to name other companies so you think im promoting someone but others will defend you.
i have provided hard evidence including contracts invoices ID SSN you name it, always they find some excuse of ripping you off

They tell you every time they steal your money you can do things differently but you really cant

just think that the scammers bank decide who wins is that a joke or what

Helpful answer -1

Hi Jon, I'm sorry that you're having trouble with disputes -- they can be frustrating! Unfortunately, when your customer initiates a dispute with their bank, it's the bank that begins an investigation and makes the determination on who gets to keep the funds -- and often times, they do favor the customer. This process is facilitated by credit card networks, but Stripe helps with this process by submitting evidence that you provide, such as tracking numbers. Although we can't make disputes go away, we do try our best to make them a bit easier to manage. As a bit of background on how the dispute process works, the minute that we learn about a dispute from your cardholder's bank, the funds and an additional fee are taken out of our account. In the event that you're able to win a dispute, we return the full amount of the charge and the fee to you, though the fee that we are assessed is not returned to us by the bank. We return that fee because we feel strongly that businesses shouldn't be penalized for disputes that are resolved in their favor. Because it is expensive for us to return those fees in instances were the dispute is resolved in the business's favor, we aren't able to return the fees at other times. In addition, since disputes are a forced refund by the cardholder’s bank and not a voluntary one on your part, you remain responsible for the processing fees for the initial transaction. It can be tricky for even experienced businesses to understand how to handle a dispute, so we've spent time documenting the various circumstances under which a payment can be disputed, and how best to handle each -- I'd recommend taking a look at https://stripe.com/help/disputes to learn more. Please also take a look at https://stripe.com/help/disputes#how-can-i-prevent-disputes to learn more about preventing disputes. I hope this helps shed some light on our approach here. Again, I'm sorry that dealing with disputes are frustrating. Stripe actively dedicates resources to making this problem better and, over time, go away entirely. We can certainly look into your account and these specific disputes, if you'd like, if you send us a message at https://support.stripe.com/email.

By Stripe S., Stripe Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Stripe staff and other customers.

Stripe?