Review of Simply Dresses

Tel: 1-855-373-7736
vip@simplydresses.com

maryellenc6
3/21/19

Like many online prom dress sites that are not affiliated with an actual store, this one does not deliver what they say. The dresses we ordered last year did not fit and looked nothing like the pristine dresses in the ad. The colors were off and the fit was nowhere near what was shown on the model. We complained about the fit; they said to have them altered (additional cost and time to us). At first they refused to allow us to return them. After several phone calls and complaints, they said we could return but shipping would be nearly $100! That is because they had to be returned to China - even though they appeared to be ordered in USA.
Buyer Beware!!!

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're sorry to hear this but that would not be our company. All returns associated with our site would be shipped back to our warehouse in New Jersey and we are located in the US as well. We'd be happy to look into your specific situation if you can please message us with more information. Thank you!
catherinem302
2/9/19

While I didn't keep the dress from this company. It was beautiful and exactly as advertised just not flattering on me. I returned it within the 5 days and they paid for return shipping and gave me my full refund to my credit card within the 10 days listed in their policy. Everything was as advertised. I talked with customer service and they were pleasant and easy to work with.

lw200
L W.
2/2/19

I ordered a maxi dress for my vacation. Unfortunately, it arrived a few days after I left - not prior to my departure as expected. When I returned about a week later and tried it on, it did not fit. When I tried to return it, they refused. Would not even do an exchange. I have never ordered from them again, will not, and have advised everyone I know not to order as well. They obviously don't care about losing my business or anyone else's.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Our return policy allows the customer 14 days to request the return authorization number, then an additional 5 days to have the dress postmarked back to us. This is agreed to at the time of the order and can be found on our Return Policy page on our site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
jennw26
1/25/19

This company changes the return policy on their website to suit their needs. It has changed twice since I ordered my dress.

They would not take my damaged dress back because I did not ship it within 5 DAYS!! What kind of return policy is that? Even though I sent them photos 2 days after receiving it.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Our return policy has only been updated one time since December 2018 and this change was to offer free return shipping.

Your order was delivered on 12/17/18. The return authorization number was requested on 12/17 with the reason of “Sizing Runs Small” provided at that time. We were then contacted on 12/20 stating there was an issue with sequins on two spots on this item, style LT-LD50510P. At that time, we offered a replacement or a return. You stated the dress couldn’t be sent back until 12/27 because of a Christmas holiday trip so an early replacement agreement was sent so the replacement could be sent right away instead. This option was not accepted because a replacement must be the same style and could not be replaced with the style you wanted, SY-ID2735EP. We stated on 12/21 that a new order would need to be placed if you wanted a different style and the style LT-LD50510P could be returned for a refund. As previously stated in that same email thread, it could be sent back on 12/27. The next contact received was an email on 1/15/19 but at that time it was too late to take the dress back as a return. Our policy stares the dress should be sent back within 5 days of receiving the return authorization number and return shipping label. These two were issued on 12/17 and should have been sent back by 12/27 as stated, which was already an exception. Unfortunately we are not able to accept this dress back as a return and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
rudinar
9/12/18

I just received the dress that I purchased 2 days ago, and I am very happy! The dresse is beautiful and the quality is amazing! Thank you!

jillb131
9/6/18

Don't purchase from this company. I ordered bridesmaids dresses and it looks like I will only be receiving them days before my wedding which leaves me no room to adjust sizing if I need to exchange. When purchasing it said dresses were in stock and now they are back ordered. Customer service was unhelpful and unwilling to expedite shipping without a hefty cost.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Unfortunately the dresses selected were not in stock, but instead listed as "Due to Ship: Sep 21, 2018." These items must be specially ordered from the manufacturer. Based on the latest update from the designer, it should have been available to ship on the date provided. This information is shown on the dress page, during the checkout, and in your confirmation email. We apologize for any confusion!
brittanym116
8/2/18

I ordered a final sale dress off of this site as a possible wedding dress. It was only $70 so I figured that if it fit well but I didn't want to wear it for the wedding that I could still wear it for something else since it is a blush pink (really nice color, true to website). I ordered up a size and it fit surprisingly well. I can't speak great thing of the quality, however. The lace is kind of a large 'print' so some of the seams catch the lace material at poor points so there are little holes. One of the 'hearts' of the sweetheart neckline is a bit flat compared to the other as well (just not symmetrical from left to right). Not super noticeable, but I saw it right away. I'm sure I'll still wear it for some type of event but would not recommend this company for something as important as a wedding dress or pageant dress where you want your gown to be perfect. For the money, it's great.

carlottaw1
7/29/18

I bought a dress for me nephew's wedding. I messaged the company for information about the shipping options. I got free shipping that arrived in like 4 days. But I also got exactly what i ordered. Great dress amazing fit!!! So happy with my purchase i will be shopping here again.

jessicab453
7/29/18

online website with best price, but the qulity is so nice, but for the price, the other thing is OK. Recommend you can have a try.

lindaa278
7/11/18

We bought a dress a few months ago. It did not fit properly and we had to find another dress. The dress is brand new with the tags on it. The dress is still being sold on their site and I contacted them to return the dress for store credit and they said NO. We have absolutely no use for this dress and have NOT had a problem with any other companies such as LULU's! I would recommend you contact anyone else for your mail delivery dress that provides better service.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
The standard return policy for special occasion dresses is "no returns," but we accept returns for a refund or for a store credit! We do ask that a return authorization number is requested within 14 days of receiving the order, then you have an additional 5 days to have the return postmarked. Please see our full policy located on our "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. We're sorry for any misunderstanding!
lauraa187
7/9/18

I paid $22 oextra on a $220 dress to get it in two days...It has been 2 weeks and i have not received the dress. I cannot review on the dress itself as i have not received it yet....
I asked for a full refund including the $22 i spaid for the expedited shipping, and they say NO. So do yourself a favor and avoid this site.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're sorry to hear you do not have your dress! The UPS tracking number states that an attempted delivery was made on the second business day and no one was available. They are requesting that the package be signed for and it is not the request of our company. Please be sure to reach out to UPS with your tracking number so the dress can be delivered to you. Unfortunately no errors were made in the shipping so the cost cannot be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
linaj12
6/25/18

I am really sad for the money that I put to buy this kind of low quality, the fabric is to thick and the size is to big from the sides, also the bedding it is not on the right spots as the pictures showing online, I am really not satisfied with what I got, the dress dose not worth the money that I did pay!!!!!!

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Each dress on our site is a designer original and we have a great return policy! Please message us if you need any assistance with a return. We'd be happy to help!
faithd17
4/30/18

Ordered a dress for my son's wedding a few months ago, was a bit worried as have ordered clothes before from somone else, & what a disaster. Was so exited when it came was everything I asked for. Then my Daughter tell's me she is getting married, so I ordered another dress from Simply Dresses, got it today, I am so happy with it. I also ordered another dress today, as I am so happy with the service and fast shipping to Australia. Thanks Simply Dresses.

aasthag
4/24/18

Nice dress although it was more golden than white (as it looked in the picture). The fitting was good and customer service was very prompt.

donnac229
4/22/18

I received my exchange with no difficulties. It needs a minor adjustment in the straps and underarm seams. Well worth the price. I am very anxious to attend the wedding of my great nephew. If ever I need another dress for an important occasion, I know where to shop.

katherinec62
4/19/18

The dress I ordered was very nice, but simply didn't fit my shape. Return was easy, but $8.00 to return and 10% restocking fee means I probably won't order from them again.

danelleh
4/9/18

I like the selection of dresses and how unique the designs are. Unfortunately, the return policy is a bit subpar especially since the sizes aren't consistent.

amandal162
4/9/18

Ordered same dress we found in expensive dress shop for half the price. Very happy with our purchase!

ma70242
1/29/18

I have bought from this site several time, I really like their dresses and have never had an issue getting it shipped to me internationally. However, I just made a purchase recently and received an email that I needed to verify my information by sending a copy of certain information from my credit card statement. I'm sorry but no for all the following reasons:
- This is something you have never asked for before. If you have changed your policy, you need to state this before the purchase and be transparent so the customer can have a choice because this is an inconvenience to say the least.
- Who asks for a copy of a credit card statement even if I blur out all the rest of the information you are not asking for. I buy dresses from you. You are not doing my tax returns. You want to verify my information, find a better way that doesn't make me feel more suspicious of you than you are of me.
- Why do you assume everyone will just have a credit card statement handy just in case. If you have a bank abroad, you might not have all the required information in one place or even in English. I will certainly not be running to the bank for this just for this order. You need to have alternative means of verifying unless you are fine with losing your international customers.

This experience was honestly very disappointing. I canceled my order because I won't deal with this kind of service.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We take the security of our customers very seriously and have implemented fraud filters in an effort to protect our customers against any suspicious or fraudulent charges. When an order triggers review, we may require additional information to approve your order for processing. This is advised on the shipping page and also in our terms and conditions. It is not meant to inconvenience the customer at all and is for the protection of the cardholder. Anything other than the last 4 digits of the card and the billing address can be omitted. Once the information is received, future orders with the same details can likely be approved much faster. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!
kimc211
1/23/18

I ordered a dress for my niece's prom, but unfortunately i ordered the wrong one. i travel for work, so when i tried to exchange it for the right one, they told me it was too late. has original tags on it and all never worn or touched and they refuse to exchange it. I was not even asking for my money back, which you would think they would be more than happy to do. I ordered last year from here and was extremely happy with everything. You would think they would take care of returning customers, but they dont. Will never order from this place again.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that customers contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. You can view our full policy located on our "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. Please message us with your order number as soon as possible and we can look into this further for you. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
victoriam131
1/4/18

I ordered a dress from this company back in November. It was shipped out, however UPS admittedly delivered the package to the incorrect address.I contacted the company (both simplydresses and UPS) and was told an "investigation" would begin to rectify the situation. To put it plainly- this was the most atrocious customer service experience of my life and I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone. Ever. The refused to send me a replacement dress, have refused to refund my money- essentially offering absolutely zero response to the issue. I was told initially the process would take ten days- then 18- now its just "when the receive the replacement check from UPS". I would advise no one waste their time with the subpar customer service of this company- especially because you may never get to actually judge the quality of their products as they dont deliver. Cynthia, Julia, Lynn, and Susan are all incredibly unhelpful and the title "customer service representative" is laughable as they accomplish nothing.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're sorry to hear the dress didn't arrive as expected! According to your order, the dress shipped out from the designer and the investigation was started when the package wasn't delivered. A replacement was offered but not available to ship until February as this was a Due to Ship item. Unfortunately UPS then sent the refund check to the designer's location instead of sending it to us. As soon as the check is located, we will be able to refund the full amount back to you. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your patience!
krisk48
12/18/17

Incorrect sizing, poor quality and absolutely terrible customer service! I would never shop with this company again and would recommend anyone who asked not to shop here either!

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're sorry to hear this! Unfortunately our return policy does have a time constraint as the dresses on our site are seasonal. Most other retailers of formal wear do not allow such returns but we do according to the policy. Customers can see our full policy located on the "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. Please message us with your order number if you need any further assistance.
chrisv65
11/29/17

My daughter's dress' zipper failed on her way to the photoshoot before the quinceneara. She was forced to wear it pinned all the way up her back for the entire day - she couldn't lean back in her chair, eat any food or even breathe deeply because the pins would have popped open. Here is the reply from SimplyDresses customer service: "As a courtesy for the inconvenience, and so the zipper may be repaired, my supervisor has reviewed and is happy to offer a $20 refund for the damage." Not sure how this was considered an "inconvenience" and, like a wedding dress, when would she EVER wear that dress again? What good is repairing it?!! We will never buy anything from them ever again!

Tip for consumers: Shipping is good, but merchandise is a gamble. Order well in advance, make sure to try on/test all parts of dress - give enough time to return/exchange.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We do apologize you had any issues with the zipper on her dress! Unfortunately if the item is delivered in good condition and there are no issues at that time, we would not be able to issue a replacement or refund for the dress after the event. We're very sorry this occurred and have offered the discount as an apology.
mahay2
11/6/17

they are terrible i placed and order just within half an hour i wrote back to them and sent email to them to cancel the order ,also called them and put voice message .they even hadnt shipped the order . they didn't cancel the order ,also charged my credit card .i called them several times and no refund of money yet ,they say while i place the order i have to get the item ! then return and then they decide how much to refund .it is terrible ,i regret that i looked at their website .i should have purchased from department stores not a website that has a terrible customer service.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Our Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of the order, state that an order cannot be changed, altered, or canceled once it has been placed. This is our policy because we begin to process orders right away. You are able to return it per our policy once it arrives to your location. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!
leazad
10/19/17

Make sure to read the fine print. They charge a restocking fee on returns and return shipping. I'm out over $50 for dresses that I didn't even get to wear. Also, the dress material is cheap and the dresses r over priced

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Our full policy can be located on our "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. We contacted you for additional assistance but were not able to help you further because a case was opened with PayPal. PayPal should be in contact with you with any updated information.

We are an authorized retailer for all of the dresses on our site and we work directly with the manufacturers of all the products we sell! The dresses are designer original items and we do not make any replica dresses. Please feel free to contact our customer service if you have any further questions and we'd be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We accept returns! You can receive a refund less 10% restocking fee or a store credit for the total value of the item you are returning. You must obtain a return authorization number within 7 days of receiving your order. Please note that all items marked "Final Sale" are not returnable and items marked "Store Credit Only" can be returned for store credit only. For more detailed information please visit our returns page and please feel free to contact us with any further questions!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

It would depend on the availability of the dress and the shipping option you choose. A dress that states "In Stock: Ships next business day!" when you select the color and size should ship out the next business day and if it states "due to ship" it should ship out on the date provided, then arrive in the shipping time you choose. Please contact us if you need any assistance with a specific style and we would be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

Hello Talisha! We are a legitimate site and an authorized retailer of the dresses we sell! As stated above, the customer is responsible for the return shipping cost. We can provide a shipping label for $8 for those located in the US or you can use the method of your choice. Please be sure to review our full return policy on our Returns page and contact us if you have any questions. We would be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We'd be happy to accept returns per the Return Policy on our site! It states: You can receive a refund or a store credit for the total value of the item you are returning. You must obtain a return authorization number within 14 days of receiving your order. Please note that all items marked "Sale" and "Store Credit Only" can only be returned for store credit. Please contact us if you have any further questions!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

The status "Marked" should indicate that there was a hold placed on the funds so they can be collected for the order. Please email us with your order number and we'd be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We're an authorized retailer of the designer items and we're located in the US! Unfortunately we do not have the location of where each garment is manufactured but these styles are created by Jump and Emerald Sundae.

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We accept returns! You can receive a refund or a store credit for the total value of the item you are returning. You must obtain a return authorization number within 14 days of receiving your order. Please note that all items marked "Sale" and "Store Credit Only" can only be returned for store credit and our full policy can be found on our website!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Simply Dresses staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Simply Dresses