Review of Simply Dresses

Tel: 1-855-373-7736
vip@simplydresses.com

rg200
5/15/19

They have a terrible return policy and if you don't catch the "for store credit only" you are screwed. They have a limited time frame in which to return it. I will never shop here again. My daughter is involved in many groups at her high school and we will spread the word! Never again!!!

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We apologize for any misunderstanding! Dresses marked as Sale Items will be returnable for store credit and it will state “This is a sale item and may be returned for store credit only!” on the dress page. This information will also be shown throughout the checkout process. Unfortunately we are not able to issue refunds for these styles. Please see our full policy located on our "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused!
sharondaw6
4/30/19

I purchase a dress for a wedding and was very please with how the dress fit. The material did not feel or look cheap. It was excellent quality and I looked great in the dress.

karenk466
4/16/19

I took a chance on this website knowing I may get a Chinese knock-off....and sure enough I did. The fit didn't match what was shown on the website; the fabric is cheap and very thin as well.

They overprice their dresses to make them look high quality and I can only return the dress for store credit (which I don't even want to use). Please please do your research and avoid the hassle of getting something that wasn't advertised. I recommend websites like Lulus or even your local prom store for gorgeous dresses.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're an authorized retailer of the designer dresses we sell and we're located in the US. None of the items we sell are replica dresses from China. There are styles on our site that might state "Final Sale" or "Store Credit Only" but they are clearly marked. Please message us with your order number if you need assistance and we'd be happy to look into your order for you!
leeannm23
4/10/19

I ordered 3 dresses from them and got them in and tried them on and none fit (this was not the problem) so shipped all 3 back the very next day. Well, I got refunded on 2 of them TWO weeks ago, and still waiting on the 3rd one. I have called several times and have gotten the run around. No one seems to know what the hold up is on the 3rd dress. I just want my money back.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're very sorry for any delay and would be happy to look into this for you! Please message us with your order number or the email address on the order. Thank you!
gbb4
4/9/19

They have a very short return policy which is terrible when you are trying to decide on dresses. They make no allowances. I would not bother ordering from them nor would i recommend.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
A return authorization number for a return must be obtained within 14 days of receiving the dress. The item must be postmarked within 5 days for a free return shipping label, but this does not mean the item can no longer be sent back. Please message us with your order number if you need any assistance. We apologize for the confusion!
carlenej4
4/6/19

So I checkdd this site and absolutely loved the dress online. I purchased it and it shipped next day as said on the site, which was a plus. But thats it, when i received the dress the box said Prom Girl.When I opened the dress I was disappointed, it was nothing but a low quality dress with an overpriced price tag. I will not recommend this site for anyone, I was going to buy two dresses, but thankfully I only got one. The only reason why I did not return it is because i needed it for the wedding. I can say that I wont be buying the other dress. This is my first time buying from an entirely online store, I usually buy from regular stores that have online shopping because i can attest to the quality. I decided to try this site because of the dress was unique, but never again.

I also did a review of the dress on simply dress site and they never posted my review, so i am glad that i can get the word out about this site so people can make an informed decision. I wish i read this site before my purchased.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're an authorized retailer of all the dresses we sell! Please keep in mind that we carry many different designers and brands.Our return policy allows for a refund of the product if you're not satisfied but unfortunately we cannot accept returns for items that have been worn. In the future, please contact us for a return if you're not happy with the dress you received. In regards to the dress review, they must be reviewed before they're posted but you should see it on our site soon. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
loriel18
3/30/19

I ordered a dress for my niece who needed one for a formal. The style was exactly what she wanted, dress came in 2 days as expected and was exactly as pictured except the detail was even prettier in person. We assumed we'd have to have alterations done, but the straps on the dress were adjustable so no alterations needed! My niece was very happy!

maryellenc6
3/21/19

Like many online prom dress sites that are not affiliated with an actual store, this one does not deliver what they say. The dresses we ordered last year did not fit and looked nothing like the pristine dresses in the ad. The colors were off and the fit was nowhere near what was shown on the model. We complained about the fit; they said to have them altered (additional cost and time to us). At first they refused to allow us to return them. After several phone calls and complaints, they said we could return but shipping would be nearly $100! That is because they had to be returned to China - even though they appeared to be ordered in USA.
Buyer Beware!!!

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're sorry to hear this but that would not be our company. All returns associated with our site would be shipped back to our warehouse in New Jersey and we are located in the US as well. We'd be happy to look into your specific situation if you can please message us with more information. Thank you!
catherinem302
2/9/19

While I didn't keep the dress from this company. It was beautiful and exactly as advertised just not flattering on me. I returned it within the 5 days and they paid for return shipping and gave me my full refund to my credit card within the 10 days listed in their policy. Everything was as advertised. I talked with customer service and they were pleasant and easy to work with.

lw200
L W.
2/2/19

I ordered a maxi dress for my vacation. Unfortunately, it arrived a few days after I left - not prior to my departure as expected. When I returned about a week later and tried it on, it did not fit. When I tried to return it, they refused. Would not even do an exchange. I have never ordered from them again, will not, and have advised everyone I know not to order as well. They obviously don't care about losing my business or anyone else's.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Our return policy allows the customer 14 days to request the return authorization number, then an additional 5 days to have the dress postmarked back to us. This is agreed to at the time of the order and can be found on our Return Policy page on our site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
jennw26
1/25/19

This company changes the return policy on their website to suit their needs. It has changed twice since I ordered my dress.

They would not take my damaged dress back because I did not ship it within 5 DAYS!! What kind of return policy is that? Even though I sent them photos 2 days after receiving it.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Our return policy has only been updated one time since December 2018 and this change was to offer free return shipping.

Your order was delivered on 12/17/18. The return authorization number was requested on 12/17 with the reason of “Sizing Runs Small” provided at that time. We were then contacted on 12/20 stating there was an issue with sequins on two spots on this item, style LT-LD50510P. At that time, we offered a replacement or a return. You stated the dress couldn’t be sent back until 12/27 because of a Christmas holiday trip so an early replacement agreement was sent so the replacement could be sent right away instead. This option was not accepted because a replacement must be the same style and could not be replaced with the style you wanted, SY-ID2735EP. We stated on 12/21 that a new order would need to be placed if you wanted a different style and the style LT-LD50510P could be returned for a refund. As previously stated in that same email thread, it could be sent back on 12/27. The next contact received was an email on 1/15/19 but at that time it was too late to take the dress back as a return. Our policy stares the dress should be sent back within 5 days of receiving the return authorization number and return shipping label. These two were issued on 12/17 and should have been sent back by 12/27 as stated, which was already an exception. Unfortunately we are not able to accept this dress back as a return and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
rudinar
9/12/18

I just received the dress that I purchased 2 days ago, and I am very happy! The dresse is beautiful and the quality is amazing! Thank you!

jillb131
9/6/18

Don't purchase from this company. I ordered bridesmaids dresses and it looks like I will only be receiving them days before my wedding which leaves me no room to adjust sizing if I need to exchange. When purchasing it said dresses were in stock and now they are back ordered. Customer service was unhelpful and unwilling to expedite shipping without a hefty cost.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Unfortunately the dresses selected were not in stock, but instead listed as "Due to Ship: Sep 21, 2018." These items must be specially ordered from the manufacturer. Based on the latest update from the designer, it should have been available to ship on the date provided. This information is shown on the dress page, during the checkout, and in your confirmation email. We apologize for any confusion!
brittanym116
8/2/18

I ordered a final sale dress off of this site as a possible wedding dress. It was only $70 so I figured that if it fit well but I didn't want to wear it for the wedding that I could still wear it for something else since it is a blush pink (really nice color, true to website). I ordered up a size and it fit surprisingly well. I can't speak great thing of the quality, however. The lace is kind of a large 'print' so some of the seams catch the lace material at poor points so there are little holes. One of the 'hearts' of the sweetheart neckline is a bit flat compared to the other as well (just not symmetrical from left to right). Not super noticeable, but I saw it right away. I'm sure I'll still wear it for some type of event but would not recommend this company for something as important as a wedding dress or pageant dress where you want your gown to be perfect. For the money, it's great.

carlottaw1
7/29/18

I bought a dress for me nephew's wedding. I messaged the company for information about the shipping options. I got free shipping that arrived in like 4 days. But I also got exactly what i ordered. Great dress amazing fit!!! So happy with my purchase i will be shopping here again.

jessicab453
7/29/18

online website with best price, but the qulity is so nice, but for the price, the other thing is OK. Recommend you can have a try.

lindaa278
7/11/18

We bought a dress a few months ago. It did not fit properly and we had to find another dress. The dress is brand new with the tags on it. The dress is still being sold on their site and I contacted them to return the dress for store credit and they said NO. We have absolutely no use for this dress and have NOT had a problem with any other companies such as LULU's! I would recommend you contact anyone else for your mail delivery dress that provides better service.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
The standard return policy for special occasion dresses is "no returns," but we accept returns for a refund or for a store credit! We do ask that a return authorization number is requested within 14 days of receiving the order, then you have an additional 5 days to have the return postmarked. Please see our full policy located on our "Returns" page and it is also agreed to at the time of the order in the Terms and Conditions. We're sorry for any misunderstanding!
lauraa187
7/9/18

I paid $22 oextra on a $220 dress to get it in two days...It has been 2 weeks and i have not received the dress. I cannot review on the dress itself as i have not received it yet....
I asked for a full refund including the $22 i spaid for the expedited shipping, and they say NO. So do yourself a favor and avoid this site.

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
We're sorry to hear you do not have your dress! The UPS tracking number states that an attempted delivery was made on the second business day and no one was available. They are requesting that the package be signed for and it is not the request of our company. Please be sure to reach out to UPS with your tracking number so the dress can be delivered to you. Unfortunately no errors were made in the shipping so the cost cannot be refunded. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused!
linaj12
6/25/18

I am really sad for the money that I put to buy this kind of low quality, the fabric is to thick and the size is to big from the sides, also the bedding it is not on the right spots as the pictures showing online, I am really not satisfied with what I got, the dress dose not worth the money that I did pay!!!!!!

Response from Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Each dress on our site is a designer original and we have a great return policy! Please message us if you need any assistance with a return. We'd be happy to help!
faithd17
4/30/18

Ordered a dress for my son's wedding a few months ago, was a bit worried as have ordered clothes before from somone else, & what a disaster. Was so exited when it came was everything I asked for. Then my Daughter tell's me she is getting married, so I ordered another dress from Simply Dresses, got it today, I am so happy with it. I also ordered another dress today, as I am so happy with the service and fast shipping to Australia. Thanks Simply Dresses.

aasthag
4/24/18

Nice dress although it was more golden than white (as it looked in the picture). The fitting was good and customer service was very prompt.

donnac229
4/22/18

I received my exchange with no difficulties. It needs a minor adjustment in the straps and underarm seams. Well worth the price. I am very anxious to attend the wedding of my great nephew. If ever I need another dress for an important occasion, I know where to shop.

katherinec62
4/19/18

The dress I ordered was very nice, but simply didn't fit my shape. Return was easy, but $8.00 to return and 10% restocking fee means I probably won't order from them again.

danelleh
4/9/18

I like the selection of dresses and how unique the designs are. Unfortunately, the return policy is a bit subpar especially since the sizes aren't consistent.

amandal162
4/9/18

Ordered same dress we found in expensive dress shop for half the price. Very happy with our purchase!

We hope you love your purchase, but if you are not satisfied, we accept returns for a refund less a 10% restocking fee or for a full store credit! Due to the seasonal nature of our merchandise, we do ask that you contact us within 7 days to receive the return authorization number. See our full policy located on our "Returns" page and you can contact us directly if you have any further questions. We'd be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We are an authorized retailer for all of the dresses on our site and we work directly with the manufacturers of all the products we sell! The dresses are designer original items and we do not make any replica dresses. Please feel free to contact our customer service if you have any further questions and we'd be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We accept returns! You can receive a refund less 10% restocking fee or a store credit for the total value of the item you are returning. You must obtain a return authorization number within 7 days of receiving your order. Please note that all items marked "Final Sale" are not returnable and items marked "Store Credit Only" can be returned for store credit only. For more detailed information please visit our returns page and please feel free to contact us with any further questions!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

It would depend on the availability of the dress and the shipping option you choose. A dress that states "In Stock: Ships next business day!" when you select the color and size should ship out the next business day and if it states "due to ship" it should ship out on the date provided, then arrive in the shipping time you choose. Please contact us if you need any assistance with a specific style and we would be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

Hello Talisha! We are a legitimate site and an authorized retailer of the dresses we sell! As stated above, the customer is responsible for the return shipping cost. We can provide a shipping label for $8 for those located in the US or you can use the method of your choice. Please be sure to review our full return policy on our Returns page and contact us if you have any questions. We would be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We offer free US Ground Shipping on orders of $49 or more! This applies to the continental US only and does not include P.O. Box addresses.

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We'd be happy to accept returns per the Return Policy on our site! It states: You can receive a refund or a store credit for the total value of the item you are returning. You must obtain a return authorization number within 14 days of receiving your order. Please note that all items marked "Sale" and "Store Credit Only" can only be returned for store credit. Please contact us if you have any further questions!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

The status "Marked" should indicate that there was a hold placed on the funds so they can be collected for the order. Please email us with your order number and we'd be happy to help!

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative

We're an authorized retailer of the designer items and we're located in the US! Unfortunately we do not have the location of where each garment is manufactured but these styles are created by Jump and Emerald Sundae.

By Simply D., Simply Dresses Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Simply Dresses staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Simply Dresses