Review of Sephora

community.support@sephora.com
2018 Customer choice award

irmar9
4/18/19

I love Sephora, I have been visiting this place for years. How about loving Sephora and meeting a super awesome artist. I go to the branch at the Americana at Brand in Glendale, there is this wonderful artist named Lilet, have her do your makeup and see how gorgeous you would look! Thank you !

kiyad
4/16/19

I went into a store and I was greeted. I was looking for something for my grandma because it was her birthday, however I was on the phone and I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. One of the associates kept coming over to me as if she thought I was going to steal something. I picked up an item and put it back before I reminded myself I was there to buy someone a gift. After she seen me without the item I guess she thought I was trying to steal it because she kept coming over to asking did I still want it. I couldn't find the gift my grandma wanted so I ended up buying the product I wanted and once I left she stared me down and didn't even say goodbye or anything like that. I just felt like she was being biased and racist

jenl126
4/14/19

I have to go to sephora to get my Fenty highlights. The staff is dismissive. They sold me the wrong color foundation 2 times. Now I just get my highliters and run. I bought a new Fenty highlighter last week, the service was horrible. I made it out alive.

nicop7
4/11/19

I love Sephora. They have great sales on all sorts of beauty products, and they offer almost any beauty brand imaginable. My purchases are always shipped fast and packaged well.

waynel116
4/11/19

Love Love your company for making the right move in dropping sponsorship / partnership deal with OJ..... Kudos!

marya921
4/6/19

Really, Sephora? I have been VIP Rouge for years and a makeup addict. I have over 2,000 points in my account at the moment. The rewards are terrible, the choices limited and/or sold out. Two samples instead of three? And they don't even send the ones you choose...like whatever is leftover. With the mark up on cosmetics, an extra sample is not a huge expense for this company. I generally order online and have minimal interaction with real people. There is so much competition in this industry and Sephora used to be the leader. Now I make Ulta and Space NK my first choice. So sad.

lauriee35
4/1/19

Sephora no longer rewards good customers, or rouge clients, with Flash VIB shipping. Sephora has become cheap. One no longer has enough options to use the points they receive based on purchases and only receives two samples per order instead of three- and the samples are no longer as good quality. I will look for other websites to purchase my makeup and skincare items.

daniellem191
3/25/19

I love Sephora for all The high end products u can't buy elsewhere! Sephora will always be my first love for a beauty store... ordering online is so easy and the site is easy to navigate... Everything comes on time and is packed so nice and nothing ever comes broken!!

brittanyb134
3/15/19

I've been shopping at Sephora throughout the years, mostly online. There are some things I don't agree with, like their change up on rogue shipping, a lot of orders since the beginning of the year have been taking way longer than what I'm used to to arrive. And a few times my order had arrived without any of my sample picks. But any single time I have an issue with product or shipping and I contact them, they always go above and beyond to take care of it. They've replaced products free of charge, expedited shipping that was taking too long, resent a full order when the carrier lost my package. They also have the best rewards program. I freaking love Sephora and will forever be a Sephora customer.

berkb
3/14/19

My mom loves Sephora makeup. I can say that this is the best quality and best service available for retail makeup stores. I can't say anything negative.

nilabr
3/11/19

Although everything is high in price but whatever I bought from here is very good in quality. That's why I love Sephora

naomia31
3/11/19

I had a chance of buying my make up from Sephora. The staff was so well trained. They guided me through each step. They told me all the specifications of all products. The make up was so well organized at the store. In short, my visit at Sephora has been great. I bought a lot of good make up from here. And they are so great in use as well.

marshas78
3/6/19

These people are horrible do not shop here. I do not say this lightly. I had an issue with 2 items missing from my order. I had 4 long horrible chat sessions and one horrible email from these people and still they refuse to give me my items. The items are on my receipt, I have proof. The items are not on the receipt that came in the package. They do not care. They informed me that i received points, which i never agreed to, as compensation. But these are no good to me as i will never be shopping here again. Was told that since i received store credit for some mascara in a previous issue (one that had absolutley nothing to do with this issue) that i could not receive my missing items. What?!?!?!?

sandin4
2/23/19

There's fewer items i like at sephora. Been going to bloomingdales and ulta the past year. The only thing i've been getting at sephora is vital proteins protein powder. But now I have 950 points and there hasn't been any rewards i like, or not sold out. I've also noticed the sample choices went from 3 to 2, but i never receive them in my shipments. Just want to redeem my points and stop shopping here. It's kinda sad too, been a customer since their catalog days.

robbyd7
2/14/19

I love shopping at sephora! The people are great! So helpful when i need to do a color match someone is always available I have never had and issues at any sephora.

tracyt109
2/4/19

is a complete store where you can find the best products in the market of make up where you find a highly trained staff that help you find what goes with you and what's best for you I love going to sephora to buy all my products I recommend it 100%.

linal26
1/16/19

There employees promote Sephora's return policy on everything you purchase saying " you can return it if you try it and don't like it" and then Sephora blaklists you and doesn't let you return anything anymore and the employees are beyond rude to you when telling you your return was declined. Don't have your employees promote something you can't come though on. Will never shop here again.

margiem48
12/19/18

I've gone to 2 Sephoras and found the staff either very unconcerned about their clients or downright demeaning to their clients. In the Queensbury, NY store I actually observed a dumpy brunette sales staff and a taller one with long hair and a big bulging forehead making fun of a client right after she left the store. Real classy. Lord only knows what they said about me when I left the store empty handed. Who would want to purchase anything in a store with people like that working there? I wouldn't and I didn't. Only one person was nice there and that was the manager, a beautiful girl. But she was busy with the store and had someone assist me.

carols592
12/9/18

This is a review of the store. There are 5 stores in my area and I shop at them all regularly. Once in a while I will encounter an employee with actual knowledge but don't know as much as I do and I'm just a consumer. For example, no one understands the difference between skin undertones and surface tones and they're always steering me towards neutral foundation shades. I have pink surface tones but my undertones are yellow so neutral foundations juat make me look like I'm wearing a mask. Once, a sales associate recommended a cool foundation shade. No, I am not cool-toned.

They're also super weird about returns. Sephore guarantees all their products and it should not matter of the product has been used or not yet certain stores make a big production of inspecting the product I'm returning if I say that it was it was unused. I returned a foundation the cashier not only inspected the pump, she also opened the bottle to look inside. Why would she do that unless the store puts returned products back on the shelves?

sandran105
12/7/18

Received the package all in great condition. The price are worth it. Will definitely make another purchase. :)

sumak
11/18/18

Their items are too pricey and low quality. Too much hyped products. Moreover they do not care about the customers, despite writing to them several times.

nicholasd79
11/10/18

My wife loves theyre makeup. I can say that this is the best quality and best service available for retail makeup stores. I can't say anything negative.

kimt198
11/9/18

I received a package from Sephora and one of the items was damaged, I contacted them that day and the very next day they sent me a new package gave me 100 points and extra samples for my troubles, they went above and beyond what needed to be done just so nice and prompt!

jessical438
11/8/18

Really nothing bad to say. Tons of promo codes, deals, incentives, and great product range. Their return policy is great and I have yet to have a bad experience! This is one of my favorite stores so I really wanted to review them and give them credit.

jamess1367
11/8/18

My girlfriend recommended some great shampoos from here and then I had to try out some other products and then I got hooked because I've always bought the first random thing from a local supermarket but now I am a firm believer in finding the right products for you and Sephora helps me out with that very much.

101 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There are a ton of great moisturizing and anti-aging products out there to help you. Sephora has so many that your head will spin, but there are also a lot of drugstore alternatives that are rated just as highly (or better) than a lot of higher-end ones. I would do some research online before ever stepping foot into a store like Sephora (trust me - they will bombard you with very expensive things you don't need). Honestly, I really like Ulta as a store better than Sephora because they carry both drugstore, middle-end, and higher-end products. (MUCH better service, too) But before you go anywhere, Google things like "best anti-aging products for mature skin" or things like that. Using multiple products, such as a glycolic toner, a serum, as well as a moisturizer is a good idea. One thing that is FANTASTIC for wrinkles and dark spots is Retin-A, but you have to get a prescription for it and it is harsh on your skin (especially if you're sensitive). It literally kills off your top layer of skin (which leads to a very annoying period of your face peeling for a few weeks), but once you get over the growing pains, your skin is amazing. I was diagnosed with melasma, which is hyperpigmentation of the skin, on my face, so my doctor gave me Retin-A and hydroquinone, which really works at fading dark spots. If you can't afford the Retin-A (mine is over $200 a tube), there are a lot of great OTC products that contain retinol and work well, just not like the Rx version. Neutrogena has a great line of products for dark spots and wrinkles. But like I said, do your research and don't let sales reps push you into really expensive products, because they get a commission, and you may get stuck with a bad product and an empty wallet. Hope this helps!

By Gayle G.

This is Sephora's list of current promo codes. They should always be valid - whether you get them to actually give you what they're supposed to is always a gamble. To get a birthday promo, you have to join their Beauty Insiders club. It's free - just go to their website.

By Gayle G.

Yes! They have a VERY liberal return policy. You can try most products in store, as well. But, if you do buy something that you don't agree with, for any reason, don't worry. They exchange easily. I always use Sephora.com...never have had a problem returning for any reason whatsoever.

By Renee T.

Questions? Get answers from the Sephora staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Sephora