Review of Sephora

community.support@sephora.com
2018 Customer choice award

traceys156
7/15/19

I've been a VIP Rouge member for several years now, so I clearly like the site as well as the physical stores. They carry the more expensive brands, though the in house brand is usually pretty good. I like that their perfumes are reliable and not fakes (can't say that with all the online sites).

I only left 4 stars, because I find myself buying less expensive, and equally effective, products from their competitor. And I am becoming increasingly annoyed that the free samples they send me with my online orders are rarely the ones I picked out. Don't get me wrong, I still love Sephora. We are just no longer in an exclusive relationship.

binge4
7/15/19

the service is terrible......and the using effect is very BAD...find a reliable seller. stytles are good and has the huge discount !!! . www.adaitem.com

mireilleb5
7/11/19

I love Sephora for babies. All my little ones at home use Sephora products and I must say their skin texture is absolutely perfect. Great smell, great ingredients to give your babies that perfect glow.

jills209
6/26/19

Sephora offers free samples from a variety of products with each order.Most products have customer ratings/reviews, and sales can be found daily. I signed up for a $5 shipping special, which waives my shipping charges for a year. You accumulate points with each purchase, which can be traded in for products.

elizabethx10
6/21/19

I enjoy their assortment and shipping efficiency, always easy for me to get everything I need. The customer service is top notch, I saw many negative comments about their customer service here, maybe Ive been just getting lucky lol

julieti4
6/16/19

There customer service top notch and the fact that I can get anything I want makes it so beautiful. I really didn't have to look elsewhere to get all i wanted and that makes it so convenient. Secondly, the price is relatively good when compared with other shops in the same line

lynnel57
6/13/19

I order a lot and I've never had a problem. In the stores they are well versed with enough employees to give you 1:1 attention for as long as you need them. I like that I can get a sample of most products if I want. Online had always been fast shipping and they're always standing by to chat if you have a question plus the reviews I find very helpful. I like the deals, promos, mini items, rewards and sale items. They're simply one of the best for personalized help in store and the variety of items is amazing. Definitely a fantastic company and I highly recommend..

skylard4
6/3/19

Sephora makeups are taking all my money but I cant help it. Their brand collection is simply irresistible.

muffyw
5/25/19

This is a decent place to buy anything you need for beauty, including skincare, makeup and hair care plus tools. They do always have the latest of everything as far as the top name brands. Ebates gives cash back and you can always use their on site coupon codes to get samples of the latest and greatest of anything you want to try. My only complaint is that sometimes they supplement the samples with things that are totally not relevant (such as men's cologne to a woman or a co-wash product to someone who cannot use that type of thing.) Also, sales are very infrequent and not really worth it. I could receive higher cash back from the brand's main site plus a nicer promo coupon most of the time. Sephora does have their Play box which is awesome and it's totally worth it. That's happiness in a box every month for me. However, buying makeup here doesn't save much money even though their points system is nice for sampling. I'm a member of their Flash shipping which is $15/year however the minimum is $20 or $25 to get a sample of anything with it, so it's almost a moot point to sign up for.

suellenc1
5/25/19

Sephora makes me Crazy with so many brands in just one click.
Selected by colors, size, brand, views, likes, etc. I really love this.
I just need more pay options.

syedad
5/23/19

I love everything about Sephora. They really amazing products. Their customer service is really nice.

carlosv94
5/17/19

I love all the productos lipsticks, shadows, illuminators I am fascinated with all their products I love and I am addicted to makeup I love makeup and see myself beautiful and this is thanks to you that Best cosmetic products not only for the skin not for the hair, I love it

saskiak3
5/15/19

I ordered products two months ago, still not arrived.
I emailed two times, no response!!!!
I telephoned, a very nice girl helped me and promised to deliver quick. Two weeks later, stil no products.

Very bad service, i' am upset!

elizabethk233
5/8/19

I'm a makeup junkie and I love love LOVE Sephora. I've never had a bad experience in their stores or with their customer service. I feature so many makeup and skincare products on my blog, http://fierceandfabulous.blog/ and always link my products back to their site! Love this company :)

jennilyns
5/7/19

I am a big fan of their lipsticks. I have tried so many different ones from all sorts of brands, but these were simply the best!
I also tried several other products they offer, but their lipsticks are still my preference.
In any way I think it always depends on the person!

maylenea
5/7/19

Very nice! Just continue being a nice app guys .. for you to accomplish more projects go and push hard. Thankyouforyourbusinessand good liluck!

christineh31
4/30/19

If you have any sort of problem with your online order, good luck finding someone who will be able to help. There is absolutely zero accountability with this company, they will continue to give you the runaround because no one is willing to actually help. I asked to speak to management on several occasions and I was shuffled around. Finally, I asked for an email address so I could submit a formal claim, once again, NOTHING. For being a loyal "rouge vib" customer for so many years, it makes instances like these realize how much you and your business to this company really doesn't matter to them. I will be shopping elsewhere going forward. Happy to note that Nordstrom also carries everything I need and always delivers outstanding customer service.

nikf11
4/27/19

Zerooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I wish I could give them NO stars........................................ zero zero zero zero. They're losing customers

sophiaw43
4/22/19

I am always shopping online from it .The Beauty product which are recommended by this are highly standard and suit for any type of skin. They gives the product on discounted price and shipping is fast. Safe shipping and Not ever broken material i got from it. Trustable and valuable brand.

janem361
4/20/19

my favorite online shop for beauty shopping. I'm satisfied with their service and assortment. one love forever

irmar9
4/18/19

I love Sephora, I have been visiting this place for years. How about loving Sephora and meeting a super awesome artist. I go to the branch at the Americana at Brand in Glendale, there is this wonderful artist named Lilet, have her do your makeup and see how gorgeous you would look! Thank you !

kiyad
4/16/19

I went into a store and I was greeted. I was looking for something for my grandma because it was her birthday, however I was on the phone and I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings. One of the associates kept coming over to me as if she thought I was going to steal something. I picked up an item and put it back before I reminded myself I was there to buy someone a gift. After she seen me without the item I guess she thought I was trying to steal it because she kept coming over to asking did I still want it. I couldn't find the gift my grandma wanted so I ended up buying the product I wanted and once I left she stared me down and didn't even say goodbye or anything like that. I just felt like she was being biased and racist

jenl126
4/14/19

I have to go to sephora to get my Fenty highlights. The staff is dismissive. They sold me the wrong color foundation 2 times. Now I just get my highliters and run. I bought a new Fenty highlighter last week, the service was horrible. I made it out alive.

nicop7
4/11/19

I love Sephora. They have great sales on all sorts of beauty products, and they offer almost any beauty brand imaginable. My purchases are always shipped fast and packaged well.

marya921
4/6/19

Really, Sephora? I have been VIP Rouge for years and a makeup addict. I have over 2,000 points in my account at the moment. The rewards are terrible, the choices limited and/or sold out. Two samples instead of three? And they don't even send the ones you choose...like whatever is leftover. With the mark up on cosmetics, an extra sample is not a huge expense for this company. I generally order online and have minimal interaction with real people. There is so much competition in this industry and Sephora used to be the leader. Now I make Ulta and Space NK my first choice. So sad.

101 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There are a ton of great moisturizing and anti-aging products out there to help you. Sephora has so many that your head will spin, but there are also a lot of drugstore alternatives that are rated just as highly (or better) than a lot of higher-end ones. I would do some research online before ever stepping foot into a store like Sephora (trust me - they will bombard you with very expensive things you don't need). Honestly, I really like Ulta as a store better than Sephora because they carry both drugstore, middle-end, and higher-end products. (MUCH better service, too) But before you go anywhere, Google things like "best anti-aging products for mature skin" or things like that. Using multiple products, such as a glycolic toner, a serum, as well as a moisturizer is a good idea. One thing that is FANTASTIC for wrinkles and dark spots is Retin-A, but you have to get a prescription for it and it is harsh on your skin (especially if you're sensitive). It literally kills off your top layer of skin (which leads to a very annoying period of your face peeling for a few weeks), but once you get over the growing pains, your skin is amazing. I was diagnosed with melasma, which is hyperpigmentation of the skin, on my face, so my doctor gave me Retin-A and hydroquinone, which really works at fading dark spots. If you can't afford the Retin-A (mine is over $200 a tube), there are a lot of great OTC products that contain retinol and work well, just not like the Rx version. Neutrogena has a great line of products for dark spots and wrinkles. But like I said, do your research and don't let sales reps push you into really expensive products, because they get a commission, and you may get stuck with a bad product and an empty wallet. Hope this helps!

By Gayle G.

This is Sephora's list of current promo codes. They should always be valid - whether you get them to actually give you what they're supposed to is always a gamble. To get a birthday promo, you have to join their Beauty Insiders club. It's free - just go to their website.

By Gayle G.

Yes. I have to take Care of my skin in every routine when my acne appears

By Suellen C.

Yes! They have a VERY liberal return policy. You can try most products in store, as well. But, if you do buy something that you don't agree with, for any reason, don't worry. They exchange easily. I always use Sephora.com...never have had a problem returning for any reason whatsoever.

By Renee T.

Questions? Get answers from the Sephora staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Sephora