Review of Sephora

community.support@sephora.com
2017 Customer choice award

maryw541
7/12/18

My go-to products are always out of stock :< I love the freebies whenever I order but the shipping is always late

yousrab
7/5/18

I am going to purchase products almost exclusively from Sephora. The products are amazing, ang most importantly, the shipment and delivery of products are super fast! I love that about them, and I will always be a faithful cusotmer! I hope that all businesses follow suit in having the same exceptional customer service and super fast delivery!!

rosieh19
6/23/18

I know a lot of you love them, but that is not me experience with them. I'll just post the email I just sent them. Customer service was very rude to me. Here is my letter to them.
Charged Twice On My Bank Card (Supervisor Please)
Yes, I just wanted to bring it to your attention that you charged me twice on my bank card when there was only one order. Please check your records and correct this problem.
Im still stewing about my shortage on my order before last. Who ever answered my email did not give a flip I was shorted a part of my order. Never even offered me a refund either. I have a good mind to file a complaint with Paypal because I did not get my full order. I have already filed a complaint about the double charge. You need to get your stuff together or you will loose a lot of customers. And like the lady that replied to me about the order I was shorted and did not even offer a resolution to it as to give me a refund is crazy. She should be fired because she dont know how to react to someones complaint. All she said is we are out of the product. I hope you get all your order in your next box. Well I did but paid dearly for it by charging me twice. You have lost a good customer here. I will not be buying nothing else from you. I have never seen the likes of rudeness. And I will be telling others about this too, plus posting this on sitejabber. This is my next thing to do on my list.
Roselyn Howerton

purrsk
6/15/18

Simply a great company! I adore their customer service and they have a host of products in their offerings. Shipping is fast and returns are a breeze. Seriously, what's not to love!

clairew75
6/6/18

It's the most amazing and useful website for me. easiest way to get hold of cult items! plus discounts and promotions too so its really a steal when you shop here.

crystalm124
6/4/18

I ordered a coco mademoiselle perfume by Chanel and i got an email saying it was cancelled and so i called customer service (U.S) and they said that they cancelled it because they couldn't confirm it was me since my billing address and shipping address was different. I confirmed it was me and they re-ordered it for me with 2 Day shipping completely free!!!

I got my package a few days later and it arrived tampered. It was missing my items as well as my samples, the box was ripped and i literally cried. i emailed customer service with photos and they responded to me so fast!!! they apologized and offered me a refund or replacement!!! I love their customer service and i will forever continue to shop here.

albitam
5/30/18

I bought 2 shadow palette to this company it took like a week to send me to say that one of the pallets was not available and they were going to send me the other one they had immediately told them to cancel it because I did not want anything From this people they still have the palette of shadows available they are irresponsible I do not go back to buy anything from them.

unad4
5/30/18

I have always received the greatest service in store and online. The staff is very helpful in personal solutions. Efficient in processing and online deliveries. its just weird to receive one eyeline pencil in a big box and all that bubble rap.

aliciad72
5/30/18

This is the best online shop! I always buy all my cosmetics here because there is a huge range of products to chose from.

vickig40
5/17/18

Sephora is just getting ridiculous to say the least! I shop at their store in our local mall & 9 times out if ten they are totally out of what I regularly buy or it has been discontinued permanently! They say I would be notified if my favorites would be discontinued but they never do, so I leave there very disappointed more than I can remember! Their stores in JC Penny are the worst! They too are usually out of what I want or they don't even have it & tell me there is not enough room in the JCP shop so they don't carry much! I never ever return items I gave ordered on-line by mail! I always return it at one if their stores so I have proof if everything! I always print out a copy of my on-line orders & I always save receipts. They only give you 30 days for returns & you must keep the packages or they give you a hard time! I'm never ordering on-line again! My orders are always $50.00 or over so I get free shipping! Which is a joke! You get it with in 3 days but that's after waiting a week or more till they decide to send it! I have never received my entire order when ordering on-line, ever! They are always out of one or two of the things I have ordered & they don't tell you until they have already shipped what's left of your order so you have no recourse or chance to add something else to the order! Then you can't track your order! They give you a tracking number but you can't get any info on it until they get your package to the UPS store for shipping! Which can take longer than it does to get the order! Sometimes the order comes before they say it's even been sent! They need to get together on their poor shipping & improve this bad situation! I have never received any of the 3 free samples that I choose when placing an order! Never! I choose 3 I really want to try & I get "their choices" because they are perpetually out of samples & I end up throwing them away because they send nothing I can use or it's so hidiuos I won't use it! I have complained so many times about their company running out of products so frequently & never getting the samples I ordered but they always say it out of their control! Now a days with computers it's very easy to count down merchandise so customers know it's out if stock & would be able to buy or choose something else instead of total disappointment all the time! No one should ever show a "store salesperson" their Passport for any reason what so ever but I have heard this place will ask fir this personal info on returns! They ever do this to me it will be the very last time I ever shop with Sephora! I'm so fed up with them as it is, I'm considering shopping else where & I will never ever shop on-line with them again!

jacquiew8
5/11/18

This store is orgasmic. I walked in and said "I'm oily, I want enough coverage in a foundation to cover scars, but I want to look super natural for summer", and the dude took me aside, ad showed me the differences between all of the products that would really work for ME IN PARTICULAR. the workers really know their stuff, even if some of them look like they're still walk-of-shaming themselves. Honestly, f I wore that much makeup to work, I'd look scary, too. But, trust the workers in Sephora, they really know their stuff

Sephora brand stuff itself is AMAZING. their brand might not have the hype of the other brands in the store, but the stuff is incredible, and half the price of a lot of the other stuff in the store. I was using color fx powder, but it had hardly any coverage, and costs literally twice as much as the sephora brand stuff. Their brushes ARE AMAZING TOO. I really didn't think brushes made much of a difference, but sephora brand brushes are fantastic. I look so natural, and I have been getting checked out a lot lately. I love it.

zeidaj
4/13/18

My online was a supervisor from India who told me there were no other supervisors besides him. None from US. I placed order but my coupon did not go through. He said he was unable to adjust, which is ludricroius. Outsoursing is horrific! Shame on Sephora !!!

zhixuanh
4/11/18

I've been a royal customer of Sephora, almost VIB Rogue status. However, Sephora barely fulfills what it promises. I've purchased Flash 2 Days for almost 2 years, and barely any orders are delivered in 2 days (something that Amazon prime never fails to do). Recently I purchased an order using Flash 2 Days and the items were lost. No email to notify me about this. I realized it about 1 week later and tried to contact them. The "Beauty Advisor" promised that he would ship me new items and gave me extra points. None of it happened. Instead, Sephora tried to charge me again and the authorization was not successful. I contacted the "Beauty Advisor" again, but she did not understand the situation and told me to contact my bank. The order became pending again. So after 2 weeks of waiting, the products that are supposed to arrive in 2 days are still not here. Great!

ceceliac4
4/7/18

Awesome!!! They have all the brands you could ever hope for, reasonable prices, and very organized site. I love Sephora and every year on my birthday I get a cute gift.

niamhm7
4/1/18

Yes just absolutely fabulous!
Can't fault them at all, delivery is perfect never any damage to the products their always left in immaculate condition.

claires89
3/22/18

I returned ONE item to Sephora the SAME day I received it.
I was never notified that my returned item had been received.
I was never emailed that my refund was being processed.
After chatting with a rep, I was told my refund would take 4-6 WEEKS to receive.
Nowhere on their website does it state refunds will take a ridiculously long time to process and issue.
I paid promptly and complied with all their merchandise return rules. My refund should be handled in the same way.
That was my first purchase on Sephora.com and it will be my last.

Tip for consumers: Be aware, they don't sell the freshest cosmetics. They put Items on sale for a reason and that's because they're old or close to expiring. Also, their prices are not all that great so do some research and shop around for best value and price.

tigerf1
3/16/18

When your mind says Cosmetic - Sephora is the next word you remember. The best thing about Sephora is World Class Customer Support!

denishiaw
3/15/18

There stores are outstanding they greet when you walk in they do everything they can to make you happy before you leave!!!!!

seraphinac
3/12/18

I love Sephora. It is such a lovely shop that always has what I need. I love their online store even more because the availability of brands is oh so much greater and they have something for every type of makeup lover. I personally am after natural products such as Tarte and love that I can find all Tarte goodies in sephora stores!

wandas41
3/6/18

Sephora offers the best of all the latest make up lines. The staff for the most part are very friendly and knowledgeable. They often make recommendations based on your needs. To have so many Sephoras in different locations but the same attitude among all employees says a lot about the company.

hm80
3/6/18

Sephora has a great website that's intuitive and makes it easy to find what you want. They have rewards for various levels of customer and a really liberal return policy on products. They offer a lot more online than in stores near me, but not surprising given the extensive inventory online. The in-store displays are great because they have samples of every single product so you can do swatch tests and often times will help you select products but are not overly pushy in assisting you if you're just browsing. One of my favorite parts of the website, aside from the ease of finding what you're looking for, is the reviews. You can see an overall star rating for products and read detailed reviews and a feature to see only reviews by people who have stated they have the same skin/hair/etc. that you do. I've never had an issue with slow delivery times, damaged products or sending the wrong items. Prices are on par with similar retailers, but they do have a sale annually I believe in November and April (but could be off on the timing).

jackiel44
3/6/18

So I ordered my regular Sephora Powder 62 toffee spice- caramel matte perfection powder and I also ordered my Fenty liquid foundation, as the color that I wanted was very elusive as Rhiana's products rocks. Needless to say, the Fenty color was great, but it was a little too dark for my skintone, so I have to order a much lighter color. Anyway, I had not received my box from Sephora, which was strange, as I had expected to receive my order in a couple of days, and I love Sephora, I like their products, and I have not had any issues with them in the past.

I called their Customer Service number and they told me that the box was shipped on a particular date, and they checked and told me that the deliverer had just left it at the door. I told them that I did not see a package at my door at all, and they said that they had used a third party deliver. The representative was helpful and she told me that she would be reshipping my package, I was disappointed, but they later shipped me out my order, to be delivered by UPS. During the conversation, I had spoken to the representative about a promo code that i had used to get a free bag with some cool items in it like mascara etc, not sure exactly, as I had just choosen from 4 bags with different products. I also had used 100 points for a free Fenty lipstick. The representative promised to include this bag, however, I only received, the Fenty liquid foundation and powder with 2 free samples not three. I did not receive the bag with the items nor the 100 points lipstick. Please be mindful that 100 points had also been deducted from my points.

I have since called three times, the last time being today regarding my promo code bag with the goodies that I did not receive. I also realized that Sephora took back the points based on my purchase about 54, which should have been added and they had deducted the 100 points for the Fenty lipstick not received. I spoke to a lovely representative about a week and a half ago and he was kind enough to add my points back for me, and he gave me an additional 100, so cudos to him. He also told me that I would be receiving my promo bag to be shipped soon.

I called Sephora today, and the representative told me that she had submitted a form to be approved for them to ship my promo bag with the goodies within a couple of day. So the overall turnaround time is so far about a month to get my promo bag.
Now I love Sephora, and I am willing to work with them as I have been to get my bag.

I will keep you all posted. One love

Jackie L.

vanessaa44
2/23/18

What a great place to shop in one place for anything you can ask for in beauty products. Also the ladies are super nice in helping you pick out colors.I went in looking for make up to help clear and cover my acne. Emily, I believe that was her name, helped me and was amazing. I could not have asked for better help.

mb270
2/18/18

I have ordered from Sephora (as well as shopping in store) I have always had a positive experience, quality products, shipped promptly and in cute packaging with samples.

karusunek
2/15/18

Recently decided to use their company to get a birthday gift for my sister. I placed an order on Wednesday early in the morning in order to get a gift card here by Friday. The birthday is over the weekend. I paid the fastest and most expensive shipping option given that my other idea for her birthday failed because, once again, a major online retailer absolutely failed at shipping an item.

Sephora decided it was in their best interest to ship out the item late despite the fact that I paid extra to get it here on time, and now it is going to be late. It's useless if its late and they are unable to get it to me by my guaranteed date. There's no excuse for it and their support isn't helpful at all.

If you're purchasing something as a gift, you cannot rely on them. Their shipping is slow and horrible. I have a feeling I paid extra for the fastest shipping option they were even offering (and would've paid more for next day if that was an option) and they decided to save money and ship it using a cheaper option despite me explicitly paying for the fast option.

Would never recommend them.

101 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There are a ton of great moisturizing and anti-aging products out there to help you. Sephora has so many that your head will spin, but there are also a lot of drugstore alternatives that are rated just as highly (or better) than a lot of higher-end ones. I would do some research online before ever stepping foot into a store like Sephora (trust me - they will bombard you with very expensive things you don't need). Honestly, I really like Ulta as a store better than Sephora because they carry both drugstore, middle-end, and higher-end products. (MUCH better service, too) But before you go anywhere, Google things like "best anti-aging products for mature skin" or things like that. Using multiple products, such as a glycolic toner, a serum, as well as a moisturizer is a good idea. One thing that is FANTASTIC for wrinkles and dark spots is Retin-A, but you have to get a prescription for it and it is harsh on your skin (especially if you're sensitive). It literally kills off your top layer of skin (which leads to a very annoying period of your face peeling for a few weeks), but once you get over the growing pains, your skin is amazing. I was diagnosed with melasma, which is hyperpigmentation of the skin, on my face, so my doctor gave me Retin-A and hydroquinone, which really works at fading dark spots. If you can't afford the Retin-A (mine is over $200 a tube), there are a lot of great OTC products that contain retinol and work well, just not like the Rx version. Neutrogena has a great line of products for dark spots and wrinkles. But like I said, do your research and don't let sales reps push you into really expensive products, because they get a commission, and you may get stuck with a bad product and an empty wallet. Hope this helps!

By Gayle G.

This is Sephora's list of current promo codes. They should always be valid - whether you get them to actually give you what they're supposed to is always a gamble. To get a birthday promo, you have to join their Beauty Insiders club. It's free - just go to their website.

By Gayle G.

Yes! They have a VERY liberal return policy. You can try most products in store, as well. But, if you do buy something that you don't agree with, for any reason, don't worry. They exchange easily. I always use Sephora.com...never have had a problem returning for any reason whatsoever.

By Renee T.

Questions? Get answers from the Sephora staff and other customers.

Sephora?