Review of Sephora

community.support@sephora.com
2017 Customer choice award

philipb132
10/18/18

Great variety and can find what you need. But some products are way overpriced and can be found cheaper in other stores. So do you search for cheaper prices.

leslied31
10/17/18

With the greatest thing ever Flash free shipping for $10-$15 per year you can order many smaller orders and stock up on some good sized freebies. I wish everyone had free shipping programs!

You can find practically any brand at Sephora! I had worn the same makeup for years until switching !

margueriter5
10/3/18

Sephora location at MacArthur mall Chesapeake, Va. Have shopped at various Sephoras, even for men and women products. I purchased a liquid makeup product in August of 2018. I don't wear a lot of makeup I am 71 year old. I notice the makeup bottle was very lightweight in when i finally used it. I could look in the bottle and see that it was about half full. I was shocked and thought that some could've been used as a sample. About two weeks later when I was in the mall at the Sephora store just to pass on that info., I spoke with a representative and explained the issue ( did not have the product with me at the time). After listening to the representative I felt absolutely humiliated. The representative continue to ask me if I was in a hot climate it could have dried out there. My mind was saying "what" type of explaination is that? so in essence, is your Sephora rep saying that I can't travel to Las Vegas, Miami Florida or areas in the Caribbean Islands with your make up . She was talking to me as a child being scolded by a schoolmaster. I couldnt beleive what I was hearing. That was the worst clarification I've ever heard from a sales person. limited quantity in my bottle had nothing to do with where I could've travel even though I did not go to a hot weather state . I felt dumbfounded listening to things that she was saying out of her mouth .I would no longer shop at that location. Some of these young representatives need more block of instructions when dealing with customer care. I am retired military I am retired from the Department of Defense and I am still employed. $23 it's not going to break me I was not in the store to take from Sephora, I needed to be satisfied, if even being in accordance with a reasonable and mature conversation and was not.

lupee2
9/21/18

I purchase most of my makeup at Sephora so I would recommend to other people also, Sephora products are best and not have any side effect.

torie9
9/19/18

I bought approximately $4,000 in products. Yes, approx $4,000.
I tried to return 2 products about 2 weeks later and I was told that I cannot return them.
In fact they said I cannot return anything until after 365 days.
Yes, you read that right. I called the # they asked me to call. I was told I cannot escalate the call because there is no one higher than the person I spoke with who by the way barely spoke English. I called again, another similar accent, same story.
Simply awful. I would give them a 0 if I could.

marys1003
9/2/18

I have sensitive skin so it's hard to find beauty products for my skin type. thanks to sephora, I found a couple of brands that worked great for me. I want to continue shopping from them but how can I avail their discounts?

arianam20
8/31/18

I often purchase most of my makeup at Sephora so I would recommend to other people always. However, the one downside is that mostly all products there are wayyyyyy expensive especially compared to drug stores. However, this is all high-end makeup so the prices are (sometimes) understandable

srabanyi
8/29/18

I love this place ! affirmative expenisve!
however over all my favorite place to on-line
search like if i might i'd blow all my cash on
war paint plate armor N liquad liner ...okay well
everything you would like for your face i really
like care ..an would like i might afford it once
required it ..but actually wonderful too....

magalim5
8/29/18

Love getting the boxes with goodies and new products to try. Totally worth it! I think they are better than Birchbox or allure. Dermstore has a super nice box too, with brands Sephora does not carry, but box is more expensive.

paulinap11
8/28/18

Everytime I visit Sephora I have not had the best experiance. For one the only location near me is in the mall. Im not upset with that fact but alot of people walk in to the same location. I dress casual and I have had the most awful looks given by employees. I have asked for help on one occasion and this lady was not happy to help. She let out a very loud scoff and rolled her eyes. She handed me a foundation that clearly was too dark for my skin tone. Did i mention this lady had too dark of foundation on herself and could clearly see a line of foundation on her jaw line. I told hee that because of an upcoming event I would lile to look my best but not break the bank she looked me up and down and said that should work. Then proceeded to walk away. That was the very last time I walked into Sephora. I have called the manager and let them know but he said it would be resolved right away.

clarar37
8/27/18

The sephora collection..i dont care for the quality and formula of the makeup..the single eyeshadows falls out..the lipsticks are messy and dont stay put..and the foundations are horrible and blending is impossible

sunniw
8/26/18

I choose sephora over ulta any day
Every time i go into sephora there are friendly staff members waiting to help that doesnt happen at ulta

kathyg212
8/25/18

I love all the product but they are all a little pricey I must say but it's worth it I love the lay out of the store

brittanyl80
8/25/18

i love this place ! yes expenisve! but over all my favorite place to online shop like if i could i would blow all my money on eyeshadow pallette N liquad liner ...okay well everything you need for your face i love skincare ..an wish i could afford it when needed it ..but truly amazing

jennifery60
8/20/18

I absolutely LOVE sephora. I spend so much time in there when I go to the mall. Most of sephora's own products are actually close dupes for more expensive brands.

ginab137
8/18/18

The products sold at Sephora are exceptional - there is no question about that - the samples, the bonuses - and the points, all of these added beneits are wonderful. However Customer Service online leaves something to be desired.....

alexiaa7
8/12/18

They have the most amazing products. It is more expensive but all the options are worth it and very pigmented.

jessicas539
8/11/18

This level specifically can b improved a wee bit , but now that they hav revamped the rewards program I will be able to experience more hopefully

audreyp47
8/10/18

I love Sephora so much!! Expecially that they give you samples each order and if you spent a certain amount you can get a travel size select item!! The only thing I don't like is how much shipping is. But otherwise I love Sephora I look at it almost every day, I have a problem

briannas36
8/8/18

The Sephora concealer is very good for under the eye but to conceal the brow it's flaky not sure is it's the product it's self or just my skin

mias48
8/7/18

Always has what I need and gives samples and promo codes with each purchase. Flash 2 day shipping is definitely worth it too, I always get it fast and I only have to pay a one time fee, saves me so much money in the long run

emilyb241
8/6/18

I love Sephora but the place can be hard to get threw especially if there people looking at the same brand of products.

fionam56
8/3/18

Their site is like a candyland full of makeup. I love how you can find natural products and their reviews are really helpful when picking as well. My first order came pretty fast so the delivery process was awesome!!

kandicek2
7/30/18

This is my first review ever on anything that I had purchased in the past due to how upset I am with their customer service. I will never purchase from them again whether online or in store. Will never recommend either!

chantelled4
7/25/18

I have ordered many products . My last order only 3 of the 4 items arrived. I emailed over 20 times to sort out this issue. I finally receive an email stating i will receive a gift card in lieu of the missing item. Nothing arrives nor any further contact. I continually email with various consultants from customer service responding but not helping. Why would i ever order from Sephora.mx again!!!

101 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There are a ton of great moisturizing and anti-aging products out there to help you. Sephora has so many that your head will spin, but there are also a lot of drugstore alternatives that are rated just as highly (or better) than a lot of higher-end ones. I would do some research online before ever stepping foot into a store like Sephora (trust me - they will bombard you with very expensive things you don't need). Honestly, I really like Ulta as a store better than Sephora because they carry both drugstore, middle-end, and higher-end products. (MUCH better service, too) But before you go anywhere, Google things like "best anti-aging products for mature skin" or things like that. Using multiple products, such as a glycolic toner, a serum, as well as a moisturizer is a good idea. One thing that is FANTASTIC for wrinkles and dark spots is Retin-A, but you have to get a prescription for it and it is harsh on your skin (especially if you're sensitive). It literally kills off your top layer of skin (which leads to a very annoying period of your face peeling for a few weeks), but once you get over the growing pains, your skin is amazing. I was diagnosed with melasma, which is hyperpigmentation of the skin, on my face, so my doctor gave me Retin-A and hydroquinone, which really works at fading dark spots. If you can't afford the Retin-A (mine is over $200 a tube), there are a lot of great OTC products that contain retinol and work well, just not like the Rx version. Neutrogena has a great line of products for dark spots and wrinkles. But like I said, do your research and don't let sales reps push you into really expensive products, because they get a commission, and you may get stuck with a bad product and an empty wallet. Hope this helps!

By Gayle G.

This is Sephora's list of current promo codes. They should always be valid - whether you get them to actually give you what they're supposed to is always a gamble. To get a birthday promo, you have to join their Beauty Insiders club. It's free - just go to their website.

By Gayle G.

Yes! They have a VERY liberal return policy. You can try most products in store, as well. But, if you do buy something that you don't agree with, for any reason, don't worry. They exchange easily. I always use Sephora.com...never have had a problem returning for any reason whatsoever.

By Renee T.

Questions? Get answers from the Sephora staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Sephora