Review of Sephora

community.support@sephora.com
2018 Customer choice award

robbyd7
2/14/19

I love shopping at sephora! The people are great! So helpful when i need to do a color match someone is always available I have never had and issues at any sephora.

tracyt109
2/4/19

is a complete store where you can find the best products in the market of make up where you find a highly trained staff that help you find what goes with you and what's best for you I love going to sephora to buy all my products I recommend it 100%.

linal26
1/16/19

There employees promote Sephora's return policy on everything you purchase saying " you can return it if you try it and don't like it" and then Sephora blaklists you and doesn't let you return anything anymore and the employees are beyond rude to you when telling you your return was declined. Don't have your employees promote something you can't come though on. Will never shop here again.

margiem48
12/19/18

I've gone to 2 Sephoras and found the staff either very unconcerned about their clients or downright demeaning to their clients. In the Queensbury, NY store I actually observed a dumpy brunette sales staff and a taller one with long hair and a big bulging forehead making fun of a client right after she left the store. Real classy. Lord only knows what they said about me when I left the store empty handed. Who would want to purchase anything in a store with people like that working there? I wouldn't and I didn't. Only one person was nice there and that was the manager, a beautiful girl. But she was busy with the store and had someone assist me.

carols592
12/9/18

This is a review of the store. There are 5 stores in my area and I shop at them all regularly. Once in a while I will encounter an employee with actual knowledge but don't know as much as I do and I'm just a consumer. For example, no one understands the difference between skin undertones and surface tones and they're always steering me towards neutral foundation shades. I have pink surface tones but my undertones are yellow so neutral foundations juat make me look like I'm wearing a mask. Once, a sales associate recommended a cool foundation shade. No, I am not cool-toned.

They're also super weird about returns. Sephore guarantees all their products and it should not matter of the product has been used or not yet certain stores make a big production of inspecting the product I'm returning if I say that it was it was unused. I returned a foundation the cashier not only inspected the pump, she also opened the bottle to look inside. Why would she do that unless the store puts returned products back on the shelves?

sandran105
12/7/18

Received the package all in great condition. The price are worth it. Will definitely make another purchase. :)

sumak
11/18/18

Their items are too pricey and low quality. Too much hyped products. Moreover they do not care about the customers, despite writing to them several times.

nicholasd79
11/10/18

My wife loves theyre makeup. I can say that this is the best quality and best service available for retail makeup stores. I can't say anything negative.

kimt198
11/9/18

I received a package from Sephora and one of the items was damaged, I contacted them that day and the very next day they sent me a new package gave me 100 points and extra samples for my troubles, they went above and beyond what needed to be done just so nice and prompt!

jessical438
11/8/18

Really nothing bad to say. Tons of promo codes, deals, incentives, and great product range. Their return policy is great and I have yet to have a bad experience! This is one of my favorite stores so I really wanted to review them and give them credit.

jamess1367
11/8/18

My girlfriend recommended some great shampoos from here and then I had to try out some other products and then I got hooked because I've always bought the first random thing from a local supermarket but now I am a firm believer in finding the right products for you and Sephora helps me out with that very much.

jenniferr429
11/7/18

I bought my first tattoo concealer from this company. To this day, I still have some. I can't believe it lasted this long. It covers well. It's smooth and I would buy from here again. I could not find this product anywhere else. I will recommend to others.

beyoncew
10/27/18

I love cosmetics. And this store fulfill my wishes. I found everything here that I wanted, from make up brush to face shampoo. Highly recommended.

paulener
10/23/18

Superb make up store! Great variety of make up brands, high quality products. The shopping experience is very pleasant. It is easy to use the website and place the order. Delivery is very prompt and efficient. The customer service team is very friendly and eager to help.

malauriej
10/22/18

Literally the only place I go to buy makeup. It's obviously more on the expensive side, but it's where you find all the good designer brands, plus the customer service is better than most makeup stores!

philipb132
10/18/18

Great variety and can find what you need. But some products are way overpriced and can be found cheaper in other stores. So do you search for cheaper prices.

leslied31
10/17/18

With the greatest thing ever Flash free shipping for $10-$15 per year you can order many smaller orders and stock up on some good sized freebies. I wish everyone had free shipping programs!

You can find practically any brand at Sephora! I had worn the same makeup for years until switching !

margueriter5
10/3/18

Sephora location at MacArthur mall Chesapeake, Va. Have shopped at various Sephoras, even for men and women products. I purchased a liquid makeup product in August of 2018. I don't wear a lot of makeup I am 71 year old. I notice the makeup bottle was very lightweight in when i finally used it. I could look in the bottle and see that it was about half full. I was shocked and thought that some could've been used as a sample. About two weeks later when I was in the mall at the Sephora store just to pass on that info., I spoke with a representative and explained the issue ( did not have the product with me at the time). After listening to the representative I felt absolutely humiliated. The representative continue to ask me if I was in a hot climate it could have dried out there. My mind was saying "what" type of explaination is that? so in essence, is your Sephora rep saying that I can't travel to Las Vegas, Miami Florida or areas in the Caribbean Islands with your make up . She was talking to me as a child being scolded by a schoolmaster. I couldnt beleive what I was hearing. That was the worst clarification I've ever heard from a sales person. limited quantity in my bottle had nothing to do with where I could've travel even though I did not go to a hot weather state . I felt dumbfounded listening to things that she was saying out of her mouth .I would no longer shop at that location. Some of these young representatives need more block of instructions when dealing with customer care. I am retired military I am retired from the Department of Defense and I am still employed. $23 it's not going to break me I was not in the store to take from Sephora, I needed to be satisfied, if even being in accordance with a reasonable and mature conversation and was not.

lupee2
9/21/18

I purchase most of my makeup at Sephora so I would recommend to other people also, Sephora products are best and not have any side effect.

torie9
9/19/18

I bought approximately $4,000 in products. Yes, approx $4,000.
I tried to return 2 products about 2 weeks later and I was told that I cannot return them.
In fact they said I cannot return anything until after 365 days.
Yes, you read that right. I called the # they asked me to call. I was told I cannot escalate the call because there is no one higher than the person I spoke with who by the way barely spoke English. I called again, another similar accent, same story.
Simply awful. I would give them a 0 if I could.

marys1003
9/2/18

I have sensitive skin so it's hard to find beauty products for my skin type. thanks to sephora, I found a couple of brands that worked great for me. I want to continue shopping from them but how can I avail their discounts?

arianam20
8/31/18

I often purchase most of my makeup at Sephora so I would recommend to other people always. However, the one downside is that mostly all products there are wayyyyyy expensive especially compared to drug stores. However, this is all high-end makeup so the prices are (sometimes) understandable

srabanyi
8/29/18

I love this place ! affirmative expenisve!
however over all my favorite place to on-line
search like if i might i'd blow all my cash on
war paint plate armor N liquad liner ...okay well
everything you would like for your face i really
like care ..an would like i might afford it once
required it ..but actually wonderful too....

magalim5
8/29/18

Love getting the boxes with goodies and new products to try. Totally worth it! I think they are better than Birchbox or allure. Dermstore has a super nice box too, with brands Sephora does not carry, but box is more expensive.

paulinap11
8/28/18

Everytime I visit Sephora I have not had the best experiance. For one the only location near me is in the mall. Im not upset with that fact but alot of people walk in to the same location. I dress casual and I have had the most awful looks given by employees. I have asked for help on one occasion and this lady was not happy to help. She let out a very loud scoff and rolled her eyes. She handed me a foundation that clearly was too dark for my skin tone. Did i mention this lady had too dark of foundation on herself and could clearly see a line of foundation on her jaw line. I told hee that because of an upcoming event I would lile to look my best but not break the bank she looked me up and down and said that should work. Then proceeded to walk away. That was the very last time I walked into Sephora. I have called the manager and let them know but he said it would be resolved right away.

101 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There are a ton of great moisturizing and anti-aging products out there to help you. Sephora has so many that your head will spin, but there are also a lot of drugstore alternatives that are rated just as highly (or better) than a lot of higher-end ones. I would do some research online before ever stepping foot into a store like Sephora (trust me - they will bombard you with very expensive things you don't need). Honestly, I really like Ulta as a store better than Sephora because they carry both drugstore, middle-end, and higher-end products. (MUCH better service, too) But before you go anywhere, Google things like "best anti-aging products for mature skin" or things like that. Using multiple products, such as a glycolic toner, a serum, as well as a moisturizer is a good idea. One thing that is FANTASTIC for wrinkles and dark spots is Retin-A, but you have to get a prescription for it and it is harsh on your skin (especially if you're sensitive). It literally kills off your top layer of skin (which leads to a very annoying period of your face peeling for a few weeks), but once you get over the growing pains, your skin is amazing. I was diagnosed with melasma, which is hyperpigmentation of the skin, on my face, so my doctor gave me Retin-A and hydroquinone, which really works at fading dark spots. If you can't afford the Retin-A (mine is over $200 a tube), there are a lot of great OTC products that contain retinol and work well, just not like the Rx version. Neutrogena has a great line of products for dark spots and wrinkles. But like I said, do your research and don't let sales reps push you into really expensive products, because they get a commission, and you may get stuck with a bad product and an empty wallet. Hope this helps!

By Gayle G.

This is Sephora's list of current promo codes. They should always be valid - whether you get them to actually give you what they're supposed to is always a gamble. To get a birthday promo, you have to join their Beauty Insiders club. It's free - just go to their website.

By Gayle G.

Yes! They have a VERY liberal return policy. You can try most products in store, as well. But, if you do buy something that you don't agree with, for any reason, don't worry. They exchange easily. I always use Sephora.com...never have had a problem returning for any reason whatsoever.

By Renee T.

Questions? Get answers from the Sephora staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Sephora