Review of Sephora

web_admin@sephora.com
2017 Customer choice award

jenniferm437
12/14/17

It's my go to makeup website. I freaking love it... I can spend hours searching for products: it's just my favourite activity lol

mariag230
12/12/17

I love sehora but I hate it. The products they sell are amazing but too expensive. They got me broke once... whentever I go to the store I end up buying somethng.

breanav
12/10/17

I love ordering online always feels like christmas...everytime I have ordered online my experience has always been perfect, I prefer to shop online more than in store because sometimes it can be overwhelming..

judyh89
12/8/17

I ordered a bunch of stuff as there was a promotion that you could get a sample bag with a $45 purchase. I increased my order to $45 to get the sample bag. There were four bags to choose from, one was marked "Out of stock". I choose another bag which was NOT marked out of stock. I also choose carefully my three samples that come with each order. Sephora also indicated they have 3 day standard shipping. I ordered on December 1. My order was pending for about 5 days. On about the 3rd day the promotional sample was marked out of stock. The next day it was deleted from my order. On December 8th, I received my order - with no sample bag and 3 samples which were NOT the samples that I chose and were items that I will never use. I will never order from Sephora online again.

karenm344
12/3/17

DIsgusting trying to order from Sephora on line. Everything is out of stock and then deletes it out of your cart. Frustrating and time wasting. You think a company of that size would have their act together better than that !!!! If they can't hold enough stock don't offer the line.

katn8
12/2/17

I ordered a bunch of items off the Sephora website and two items were half empty. I emailed and got a computer generated response. I emailed them again and it's been 4 days with no response. They really only care about making money and don't care about the customers.

robinn28
11/27/17

easiest way to get hold of cult items! plus discounts and promotions too so its really a steal when you shop here

summerg10
11/21/17

I've been a Sephora customer for many, many years. I've noticed over the last 2-3 years, however, that the promises they make to their customers aren't kept more and more often. The last 4 orders I've placed with them have not shipped on time. When I've inquired about it I just get a generic email response with some excuse or another in it. I actually pay an annual fee to get 2-day flash shipping. I won't pay that again when it's time to renew, though, because Sephora apparently just wanted to take my money for a service they're unable to provide. Ulta offers the same brands (and more), so I'll be placing my next order with them.

Tip for consumers: Don't order anything for a specific event or that is needed on a specific date unless you order a couple of weeks in advance. They regularly don't meet the delivery dates they promise before you confirm your order.

bettsd1
11/19/17

Site is easy to navigate, great deals all the time. I also love the samples. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up and I cant wait to see what they have planned for that. The ultimate place for everyone who loves beauty.

silviaj4
11/14/17

Sephora has great products and I love shopping in the store but I was a little disappointed when I placed an order online. Actually, I placed six separate orders totaling to approximately $500 on November 10th and 11th. I was hoping to receive my stuff by the 17th since I bought a birthday gift for a friend but even though it said that I was going to receive my stuff within 2 to 3 business days it still says pending and it hasnt shipped out yet. I tried calling customer service yesterday and today but there is nothing they can do for me. Also, you are allowed to have three samples with each order. I always look forward to that but since they are out of stock on many samples Im only receiving one per order. :(

mrsj20
11/8/17

It's the most amazing and useful website for me. I have used it for many times. Highly recommended. I got free samples on and have since purchased because they are so amazing.

nancyg131
11/1/17

I have always been extremely pleased every time I've ordered from Sephora! They carry fantastic products, & offer very nice samples with purchase, with a pretty good variety of samples to choose from. Thanks

amira87
10/31/17

Very disappointing. According to their website: Shipping to other international destinations and U.S territories (such as Guam) is unavailable.

lin7514
10/23/17

Ive been shopping at sephora both online and in store (in two different states in USA) for over 5 years, Ive spent so much money with them that achieved their useless vib and rouge status.
Since I moved to NY, I noticed that no one working at sephora (Manhattan stores)likes to have to help you finding items, or answering questions... perhaps the amount of costumers they get annoys them so much that they just give the pigeon treatment to everyone, not mentioning the sporadic security harassment.
Sephora rewards program is awful, always offering drop size samples and whenever something interesting is offered, is never available and they give you whatever you didnt ask for to make you just leave.
Sometimes samples situation online is better (non existent in stores) but is useless to pick your preferences since theyll send you whatever pleases them that you might never use since doesnt even match your skin needs/color.
They mess up shippings (sending wrong colors, missing items, splitting shipments, taking twice the delivery time...) not to mention their packages are ridiculously environmentally unfriendly, such a waste of big boxes for little items.
In my opinion Sephora got so popular that they dont even care about their patrons anymore. I rather patronize glossier, elf, urban outfitters or Ulta and feel better about where I put my so hard earned money.
Patronizing companies like Sephora just makes me angry. I was ok paying their ridiculous prices for over 5 years, but enough is enough, theres too many companies out there doing a better job.

sharons248
10/17/17

day 5 and I don't see any updates on my order. I called, and I guess they outsourced their customer service as well, becasuse I could barely understand them and they struggled understanding me. By the time we got through the language barrier, they had nothing to report accept, my order is coming in 2 shipments. When? no one knows. Sephora, network with Amazon so they can teach you a thing or two of the value of updating your customers in a timely manner and processing orders right away.

So disappointed.

lindseym53
10/10/17

Two day flash shipping is an absolute JOKE. two days to MAYBE be en route. And getting a refund in a timely manner especially when it's their screw up is like pulling teeth !!

samanthap84
10/3/17

I purchase so much stuff from them because they have great products and super fast shipping. Every time I place an order I always receive it within 1-2 days. Also, who doesn't love FREE SAMPLES?! I sure do. There have been quite a few products that I got free samples on and have since purchased because they are so amazing.

nargiza2
Nargiz A.
9/30/17

I love your products and the way you work. My suggestion for you is try to improve your customer services.

brookeb43
9/28/17

I've always been extremely pleased every time I've ordered from Sephora! They carry fantastic products, & offer very nice samples with purchase, with a pretty good variety of samples to choose from. I'm a VIB member as well, which is lovely to earn points towards a free product with each purchase you make. I like Sephora so much that I signed up for the monthly Play! box you can have sent to you for $10/month. I've really enjoyed it every month & am impressed with the samples & sizes of products I get for only $10! WELL WORTH IT!!

michaelc503
9/21/17

I wait for so long time and did't receive it.Something new through lasership? The customer services are not so good. When I ask for them about where is my item, they always tell me to wait. I wait for so long time.Frustrated and pissed off and won't be ordering online from Sephora again.

gamebam
9/13/17

servicio de calidad, para nosotras al alcance de todos excelente, la tienda virtual es mejor, no te pierdas la oportunidad de probar los productos

loriet4
8/26/17

Sephora puts me in a mind like a kid in a candy store. They have everything and anything and if you watch the sales it is a super place to shop and they are always offering up something free or a super special. Yes, you have to buy something but what are you there for? I am very fair skinned with freckles and they always help me find exactly what I want without pushing too much on me. At 56 I know how to politely get them away and make my purchases happily. I don't like Ulta because I feel like a bunch of hawks descend down on you the moment you enter the store. Sephora has more of a laid back vibe and I love their products. Ordering online has never been a problem for me.

phaedraa
8/22/17

They have a seriously delayed shipping time. I ordered online a week ago (only three things) and it STILL hasn't shipped. I could have gone to the store had I known this. Now I'm left without supplies. Frustrated and pissed off and won't be ordering online from Sephora again. Going to ULTA from now on.

rachell224
8/2/17

I ordered on line few days ago, not knowing the transaction has been cancelled. And here I am waiting for the package. I only found out when I went back on their site that the order has been cancelled without giving me any reason. My point is what is the use of asking your phone or email but to COMMUNICATE with your customer if there is any question. COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE COMMUNICATE.

icev1
7/31/17

Twice this month I waited for a package that never arrived on the date the tracking number specified it would. Something new through lasership? N when you call sephora customer service they have no explanation even though they verifies that the package still said "out for delivery" on a date that passed already. I will no longer purchase from sephora website. I find ulta to be bit more accurate when it comes to shipping.

101 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

There are a ton of great moisturizing and anti-aging products out there to help you. Sephora has so many that your head will spin, but there are also a lot of drugstore alternatives that are rated just as highly (or better) than a lot of higher-end ones. I would do some research online before ever stepping foot into a store like Sephora (trust me - they will bombard you with very expensive things you don't need). Honestly, I really like Ulta as a store better than Sephora because they carry both drugstore, middle-end, and higher-end products. (MUCH better service, too) But before you go anywhere, Google things like "best anti-aging products for mature skin" or things like that. Using multiple products, such as a glycolic toner, a serum, as well as a moisturizer is a good idea. One thing that is FANTASTIC for wrinkles and dark spots is Retin-A, but you have to get a prescription for it and it is harsh on your skin (especially if you're sensitive). It literally kills off your top layer of skin (which leads to a very annoying period of your face peeling for a few weeks), but once you get over the growing pains, your skin is amazing. I was diagnosed with melasma, which is hyperpigmentation of the skin, on my face, so my doctor gave me Retin-A and hydroquinone, which really works at fading dark spots. If you can't afford the Retin-A (mine is over $200 a tube), there are a lot of great OTC products that contain retinol and work well, just not like the Rx version. Neutrogena has a great line of products for dark spots and wrinkles. But like I said, do your research and don't let sales reps push you into really expensive products, because they get a commission, and you may get stuck with a bad product and an empty wallet. Hope this helps!

By Gayle G.

This is Sephora's list of current promo codes. They should always be valid - whether you get them to actually give you what they're supposed to is always a gamble. To get a birthday promo, you have to join their Beauty Insiders club. It's free - just go to their website.

By Gayle G.

Yes! They have a VERY liberal return policy. You can try most products in store, as well. But, if you do buy something that you don't agree with, for any reason, don't worry. They exchange easily. I always use Sephora.com...never have had a problem returning for any reason whatsoever.

By Renee T.
Questions? Get answers from the Sephora staff and other customers.

Sephora?