SelectHomeWarranty

SelectHomeWarranty has a consumer rating of 3.98 stars from 678 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. SelectHomeWarranty also ranks 1st among Home Insurance sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 78.9%

• I switched from American Home Shield, and I am not looking back.
  • Sales Rep was quick to the point to provide information since I have been a customer already 2017.

• I signed up with Select home warranty in March of 2019 and was at first very impressed with customer service.
  • This is the worst home warranty company that has ever existed.
How would you rate SelectHomeWarranty?

“New Customer”

Subash P.
6/4/20

I was with AHS for year after I bought house. They raised my premium instead to reduce because I never called for service. After researched online I found Select Home Warranty which offer me less then 400 per year for 5 yrs plus 1 year free. They also reduce service call fee by 40%, love it. The Gentleman on phone is very professional and knowledgeable, I sold out to SelectHomeWarranty for next 6 years offer and hope i will get service that pay for without hassle and keep relationship for long time. I will come back to share my experience with all after get service call.

“Service provider be warned.”

Adam p.
6/28/20

My fellow service technicians. If you like to work for free, fight to get your money due, never get paid, get excuses, get your claims denied, get your invoices lost in their system, waste a lot of time on hold trying to get authorization, dealing with foreign nincompoops at the SHW call center who don't understand English and the idiot homeowners who think you owe them something for a measly $45.00. Sometimes you even have to fight them to get that from these home owners cheapskates. You been warned. Go make real money elsewhere

customer service (96) home warranty company (19) claim (206) water heater (19) 24 hours (14) 48 hours (19) 2 months (12) repair person (12) american home shield (11) sales rep (20) home warranties (12) service fee (15)
subashp2
June 4th, 2020
bradd233
June 1st, 2020
Got my warranty all wrapped up in 5 minutes on the website and they called me within another 15 to lock it in. Great process
matthewl509
April 20th, 2020
I searched multiple companies and Select offered the best deal by far with the most options and comprehensive coverage, including free roof leak coverage which competitors charge a lot more for. Signing up was fast and easy, and Jon answered all my questions about transferring the contract to the new buyer when the sale closes. Would highly recommend.
carld338
June 3rd, 2020
Stephen was EXCELLENT! Suggested plans, went over coverage and was very patient. He was knowledgable, informative, courteous, professional, and offered discounts available we didn't even know about to get the most coverage for my homes! Very IMPRESSED.
After being a Sears warranty customer for many years, I am happy that I did research and found Select offered a better plan.
Thank you!
larrys817
June 26th, 2020
Signed up Samuel was very helpful hope this turns out to be a good thing i'm older an cant repair thing now which I could in the past, I was a little disappointed when I was told there is a $60 deductible about the same as a reg service but not including parts so I hope this works out cheaper if I have a problem we will see hopefully Thanks Samuel you were very helpful in getting my discounts a comparing other companies. I don't know much yet because I just purchased two day ago the full coverage for $399 dollars. Good luck in the future

Tip for consumers: so far so good but haven't received policy yet

fjb
February 27th, 2020
I purchased the warranty and never received my coverage documents from via email like I was told. When I called back to question this. The agent was very apologetic and corrected the issue in under 2 minutes. Since I do value my time, it was good service that he recognized it and worked as quickly as possible. So far so good. I will write another review if I have to do a claim to cover what happens with an actual service call. But for now they seem like a pretty good service for the money.
charlenel188
June 3rd, 2020
I had to call to report a claim for my kitchen sink. Both sides of sink was clogged. Mike was very helpful and professional. He took all the information down, repeated it to confirm it was correct. Then he explained that they would find a plumber in my area and send me an email with his name. Told me if I had any issues with the claim to call back. This is my first claim since I purchased the contract with Select in Jan. 2020.
roberts3451
June 27th, 2020
I purchased 5 years of service when we purchased our new home. The jury is still out regarding how well they handle claims. The lag time from call to service needs work. My expectations are high. I was pleased with their response to this claim. I found them to be polite and helpful. They even did well pronouncing Chattanooga not an easy task for someone outside the USA. I will write more after the repairs are completed and paid for.
carolynw415
August 4th, 2020
Recently I spoke to Lola about getting someone to look at my ceiling fan. It didn't take 24 hours before she got back in touch with me about my problem. I will be getting another one since it can't be fixed. Safety is my main concern. I am happy how this situation turned out. Select Home Warranty did what they said they would do. Lola was very helpful and I was able to understand her which is very important.
walterm248
August 3rd, 2020
So far, I am a new customer but I plan on being an old and steadfast customer with this company. Not only have I saved money with their yearly plans, but I was extremely amazed to see that items like my refrigerator, sump pumps and AC units were covered and not listed as add ons. I look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with my new company.
coadyd
April 20th, 2020
Alec was informative and very professional. He's extremely proud of the endless services he was offering at the lowest rates. You could hear the enthusiasm in his voice as he gave me his personal cell number in the event I had any difficulties with SelectHomeWarranty. I look forward to full utilization of Select's wide ranging appliance coverage. From hot water heaters to wood stoves; SelectHomeWarranty will excel with people like Alec running the show.
tammyg212
June 25th, 2020
I have been with a competitor for a few years prior to Select Home Warranty. The liaison I spoke to on the phone was friendly, professional and easy to talk to. He was able to lay out all of the guidelines for me about the program. The cost is very reasonable compared to other companies and has the same, If not better, perks. It would be wise to select this company! Our last company was Terrible with wait times (many days)to have our water heater fixed, furnace fixed etc. I am very glad we found them!
beverlyr154
June 3rd, 2020
Hello, I was most satisfied with the professionalism of Mr. Richard Zoneenee, representative, in explaining and assisting with best pricing for my plan. I must say, won't know "true experience" of my investment with Select Home Warranty until I submit a claim. After my claim experience, I will post a rating and "based on my claim and service experience" I will share with my family and others who are currently considering a home warranty. Thank you.
danielk643
June 25th, 2020
I called Select Home Warranty to start a claim for a refrigerator problem. The associate walked me through the process of scheduling with a contractor that Select Home Warranty will find within 48 hours, I pay a $75 service call fee, and Select Home Warranty will pay for repairs or replacement. She gave me a claim number, which was also emailed to me. The email stated I could get 1 extra month for free if I did a review. So far, I am satisfied with the service.
brentg70
December 14th, 2019
Service over the phone with Chase Reynolds was exceptional. He was very accommodating and answers every question I had. Even though I knew I was able to cancel the contract at any point if I became unsatisfied with your service - I decided on a 3 year contract because of the great price. I am very satisfied with our agreement and look forward to a satisfying relationship.
Thanks again,

Brent Gibson OD
gregorym500
August 24th, 2020
Representative was extremely helpful in getting me into the correct plan and accounts. He was also very patient and knowledgeable about all questions I asked.
ninam156
June 4th, 2020
So glad to finally take a moment to add on a home warranty. The staff was very helpful in getting me started and answering my questions by phone. Nice to have peace of mind knowing I now have coverage if ever needed. Thanks SelectHomeWarranty!
deonr11
June 25th, 2020
Just signed up. They offered good coverage at a good price. It was a little "creepy" that I had to enter my contact details just to see their price on their website and within a minute or two somebody called me. A little too push IMHO, but they ended up working out a deal with me and using coupon codes and such to get me a solid deal that beats the average new customer deal, so I was happy about that. I had AHS for 3 years prior and have had to use them once or twice and the experience with any Home Warranty company is "meh" your mileage may vary. I don't expect anything better, or worst, from SHW vs AHS. I'm hoping they're not worst though. I will read over all the fine print. I don't like how pushy they are or that they require payment before you see the contract, that's annoying, but they have a 30 day full money back guarantee and I put it on the AMEX so if they try to screw me in the contract fine print or not letting me cancel, I'll just reverse the charge.
sheenw
June 24th, 2020
Sales rep provided excellent customer service and options. I purchased 2 warranty plans! I hope anticipate the claims process being equally as pleasurable.
nickc346
June 25th, 2020
The first person I spoke with to open an account misunderstood my needs. I am glad that I read the policy when I received it, or I would have been paying for a policy that did not cover my appliances. I called as soon as I found out about the mistake and after talking to a few people, they immediately rectified the problem and now I have the policy I was interested in. Thank you for your good customer service
riyads7
June 3rd, 2020
I just signed up for the home warranty and spoke to a gentleman named Bruce. He was very friendly and knowledgeable on the services they offer. He even offered different plans and price points to earn my business not those pushy customer service reps. No I can't wait to update this review to let you if and when I actually have a claim how that went
deboraw18
August 4th, 2020
I just signed up with Select Home Warranty and I am already feeling more secure with my purchase. As a homeowner, you can not go wrong with having more protection. My Customer Service Rep. Steven was awesome in assisting me and providing great information about the plan and various options. Every homeowner needs to have a Home Warranty Plan. Thank you, Select Home Warranty!
michellel734
June 3rd, 2020
Very friendly and knowledgeable service when I called. Went with the platinum coverage and had a very competitive price. One thing that stood out as a difference between other companies is that they have an $11,000 total cap for the year not an individual one per appliance, so if you have high end appliances this is much better. Most other companies give you 1500 per appliance and you have to pay the difference if it breaks.
larryw529
April 20th, 2020
Happy so far. Switching from American Home Shield so we will se how the first year goes. I won't take kindly to having a rate increase after one year.
courtneyb291
April 19th, 2020
I joined Select after reading good reviews but was unsure of what I would personally experience. The wait time to call for more details was short and the information was clear and simple plus there was absolutely no pressure to join. After doing so, I received a call from a representative that I wasn't expecting but ended up saving me more money. Overall, I have no complaints so far. I hope it continues!

Based on Internet searches but quickly found out that they are a SCAM.

By Keith H.