SelectHomeWarranty reviews

Tel: 1-855-267-3532
info@selecthomewarranty.com

judyd158
7/17/19

If you are thinking about a home warranty company don't go with Select Home Warranty I am going to get a lawyer to get results. They have not done one thing correct on the issue I have had. At the first of the year my hot water heater went out they wouldn't cover it because they said it was a leak. It wasn't just a leak. When my washing machine had problems I had to pay for it because I couldn't wait for three week for them to resolve the issue. Now the outside ac unit when Sunday night. No AC in Houston is terrible. I file the claim it would be 24 to 48 hours. I called and was very nice stating that I need it take care before that. Well 24 hours later we had a AC guy come and take a look at it. He said it was a simple fix and he had the part. Just need the approval from Select Home it Warranty would take another 24 to 48 hours. I called them back and said that I need it fixed now. We have had a death in the family and I have people coming into town and there is no way we can have them here without AC. The women state she would fast track it and I should hear within few hours (before 5 PM) I didn't I get a request by email for a picture of the unit. What a picture why. So I sent them a picture and called. Was told it would take 24 to 48 hours for approval. What! do they have to approve? It is covered. I want to talk with a supervisor. I couldn't she would tell me the same thing. Then let me talk to someone who can. Put me on hold for a hour. Did a load of laundry, change sheet on bed, took out trash, got dressed. Finally came back on line stated that the supervisor was on another call and would call me back. I asked for another number to call no response long pause, she stated there was not another number to call. I have never cussed anyone out in 70 years. Response we will have some call you back. Now we are going to have to go to a hotel 5 rooms four nights

naomit23
7/16/19

Select warranty is one of the friendliest companies I have had the pleasure of working with. They care and put pressure on a local tech to come in 24 hours to fix my air conditioning. What a great company I am happy.

emilys386
7/13/19

Select is a very nice company to deal with. I placed my claim on the telephone and got approval for my claim in 5 business days. The washer was fitted with a new motor and is working like new again. The old one was recycled by the person who came in to do the work.

constancer23
7/12/19

My husband and I are selling our home and decided to purchase a home warranty policy as a selling incentive. Reviewed several warranty plans online. Select Home Warranty offered the most comprehensive coverage plus had several add on options we found attractive. Filled out the free quote estimate request and was contacted by Abraham Dayan to discuss plan and payment options. Mr Dayan was very friendly and knowledgeable about the plans and add on options offered. In addition he was able to offer us a price incentive which made the already great plan price even better. All things considered we feel we made a good purchase.
Connie R

markh927
7/12/19

He was well informed and worked very hard for us! He did an outstanding job of selling his company and himself! Way to go Fred! You did a wonderful job!

ulass
7/12/19

I am having problem with tech that came out to service my dryer. Tech drop the ball and won't answer my calls nor warranty company's calls. Warranty company is working with me giving me option on solving the dryer repair problem.

beaup14
7/12/19

I just set up a one year plan online, Daniel called me to confirm, but let me know of some of their specials, and ended up saving money for the rest of my life.

randys264
7/12/19

Spoke to Ray. He was excellent. Compared apples to apples and paid less for more coverage than the competition!

dawnm329
7/12/19

Josh Robinson was very easy and enjoyable to talk to. Made everything easy for me to understand
Explained the plan the discounts available etc.

tuckerk1
7/12/19

I called to submit a claim. I was informed that my coverage had not been set up yet (should have began in April, claim submitted in July). My agent also had a bit of an attitude and spoke over me multiple times. Depending on how my claim gets handled would flunctuate my review by a star.

katrinag31
7/12/19

I had a great experience working with Sol at select home warranty. I have yet to utilize the warranty but I've had a really good experience with home warranty companties in the past. I look forward to this being a great experience.

jennyx5
7/12/19

Sales person Richard is very professional and efficient . Hope the service if any in future the same good. I like the contractor transferable.

theresap106
7/12/19

Talking with Isaac the concerns I had were addressed and explained. Price, trade fee, and availability. It was GREAT to speak to a person.

kevint387
7/12/19

Not that bad takes 30 days to get your money kinda long but they paid out so not that bad. Techs they send out are very professional and they even let you pick your own if you dont want to wait.

lindac980
7/12/19

Isaac was super helpful and I am very comfortable with our purchase. I feel our home is in good hands and will be able to sleep better at night. I have so glad to know that if we have a problem someone will be here that day.. I have used other home warranties before and you can not beat the prices you all offer. I feel very comfortable with our purchase.

rc302
7/12/19

Just got a little deeper into the website when the phone rang. MAN. THAT was quick. Rep was quite knowledgeable and the prices were competitive. Happy Camper so far!

josephw338
7/12/19

The customer service rep David Walker was information and did a great job of explaining the service, costs and additional options

reggieb30
7/12/19

Nathan was knowledgeable and did not "beat around the bush". People live busy lives and the process, rates and contract description was clear and concise. We completed the transaction within 20 minutes! I just cancelled my contract with American Homeshield simply because of their unacceptable treatment of myself as a customer. No one seemed to care about my predicament, having had my dishwasher out of service for now on its 3rd week! I hope and wish certainly that Select Home Warranty values customer service!

coym38
7/12/19

Bruce was very easy to work with. I came out of this experience very happy and conformable with the promised coverage. If I had to stretch and give a negative, it was being put on hold for a moment by Bruce. I was busy at work trying to knock out the sign up quickly. Other than that. Very smooth. All the coupons and deductions are great, but kind of corny and obvious that those offers and specials are customary. Nonetheless, seems to be a great package. I was very relieved and satisfied in the fact that I wanted to do 5 years, but can't afford it now, but Bruce worked with me and got me a 3 year deal for the same price, essentially.

zaylam
7/12/19

I spoke with Sam Mason today. He was very knowledgeable and trustworthy. I enjoyed his excellent customer service. He wasn't pushy or overbearing with his sales approach. I experienced that with another company, and the guy totally lost his sale. Please praise Sam for doing a great job.

angies121
7/12/19

Signing up was easy. I wanted a warranty since I live in the South and I can not be without an air conditioner. So far I haven't needed the service but it is nice to know I have it. Very nice people so far and easy sign up.

harrys228
7/12/19

Signed up - Sam Mason thanksfor great CS.................hoping to get good service when i call for issues

richl73
7/11/19

I submitted a claim for an issue with our garage door opener....not the garage door itself. The warranty DOES cover the opener. I received an email stating my garage door needed to be repaired and is not covered under the warranty. Do they not know how to read a claim for Christ's sake? Now, I'm waiting for another response from a higher department. This is my first claim and must say I'm worried!!!

lindsayh83
7/11/19

It's easy enough to file a claim online, but after 72 hours I still had no appointment with a technician and no estimate as to when I would receive help. I was advised to hire my own technician and then file for reimbursement. My guy came out same day I called. Still waiting around to hear from warranty company. Don't waste your money.

kcf9
7/11/19

It has been 3 days and have I have still not received a call back from a claims supervisor. This is the third time my claim has been denied, but not outlined in the contract

This is my first time filing a claim so far it's legit company.

By Ulas S.

Pricing was a major reason for going with Select Home Warranty.

By KC F.
Questions? Get answers from the SelectHomeWarranty staff and other customers.

1 Photo for SelectHomeWarranty