Review of RockAuto

Tel: 608-661-1376
service@rockauto.com

johnm1091
7/5/17
• Updated review

if you have a problem be patient and talk to a rep if the computer upsets you. they have a very large selection. the cheapest isn't always the best part .true of almost everywhere you go.

“best out there.”
7/5/17
• Previous review

can be confusing at times. but hang in there. I buy lots of parts from them for my businrss. had one issue at one time but they took care of it in good time

tylerl35
7/1/17

Last time I order from this place. Had no issues with 3 previous orders, but this one has gone completely wrong. Company took a few days to respond with "for some reason the order didn't ship". Seriously? Terrible support. Refused to upgrade shipping even though this was 100% their issue.
Had to ask for replacement parts and now have no clue when or if any parts will arrive.

brianp120
6/28/17

Rock auto is the worst site out there send wrong parts then u have to pay to return them plus only refund u less there shipping cosys

chrisj175
6/27/17

Like my fb page "Don't shop rockauto.com" my wbole front end is ruined and its their brand new parts on there. Less than 2000 miles and im 3000 in the hole.

alvinm28
6/21/17

If i can rate this without star i will do it, i had horrible experience purchasing items from rockauto.com first is incorrect water pump housing. I Need to repair my old water pump housing because the item is a mismatch, the next item is the shock absorber, it didn't fit in my vehicle. The 3rd time is this radiator, i don't even know what kind of radiator is this. I've tried to contact rockauto.com via phone and email these guys never had a good answer. They want me to be liable to send the items back to them which is they are the one who's not doing their job and sending and selling all these incorrect items.
I already spent $200 of this useless radiator and they want me to sent it back? it means i need to spent $100 to sent back the items and claim $125.
In my case, I need to suffer out of their negligence? I need to suffer because they have the unprofessional employee?
I won't shopping and recommend this website anymore, they are doing scam. Making money from selling their OLD stock and USELESS items.

DO NOT BELEIVE ON "CUSTOMER LOBBY" REVIEW THAT IS NOT THE RIGHT REVIEW. THEY ONLY PUT THE STAR REVIEW, THEY ARE PAID SITE BY ROCKAUTO.COM.

I CONTACTED THEM THEY SAID THEY ARE ONLY CUSTOMER LOBBY REVIEW. NONSENSE WEBSITE REVIEW SO DON'T BELEIVE IN THEM

robinw71
6/18/17

Ordered several car parts from the site over the years. The descriptions and photos are accurate. If you need to speak to a person, the staff is awesome. Shipping is reasonable and it gets to you on time.

mikem501
6/17/17

I like the fact that the carry many different manufacturers of the same part. Rocks descriptions are good making it easier to get the correct part. Whats really cool is they offer kits, for ex. they offer a brake kit that has 2 rotors, pads at a reduced price.

The cons are: if you order a few different parts, they come from different places and each place adds shipping.

Tricks, you can get an oil filter for $2.5, but 4 bucks to ship, so order 4 at a time, this works well for items that are small and lite.

aush1
6/12/17

I ordered new brake Parts for my 88 ford EXP and Rock auto is both refusing to ship and refund the order. I was emailed by rock auto stating that do to a open return that they can not send the items bought or refund me. I recently bought Lift supports struts and a MAP censer for the car both arrived defective and I opened a return, that return they view as being invalid and as such will not take a return or ship the items I bought. I canceled the order via my account on rockauto.com and they still refuse to refund me.
I opened a new account and made a order and they caned that order without refunding me too.

I'm out both the prince of the brakes and struts. a 180$ in all. I never receive what I bought and I was emailed by rock auto stating that they will not ship me anything or refund me.

robertom41
6/10/17

RockAuto is committing fraud, TO SOME CUSTOMERS NOT EVERYONE.
I bought a MOOG ball joint, but sent me a CTR (Central Corporation) part. This is a Korean manufacturer.
I bought a TIMKEN wheel bearing, but sent me a NON branded bearing. How to claim warranty on a No number, No brand, nothing stamped?
They answered my emails/complaints, stating that TIMKEN and MOOG have contracts with sellers around the world and they endorse them with their packaging and warranty????

I'm a licensed auto tech.

paulm421
6/9/17

I ordered a new wiper motor for my dad and it was bad right out of the box. I replaced the pulse board to make it work which cost another $25.00. Moreover I bought a rack and pinion for my dads truck and it went bad 3 days after the warranty. Rock Auto has some major cleaning up to do if they would ever own up.

tinht
6/2/17

Parts on the site are very affordable but it comes with a very heavy price. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Got a wrong part for my car and went to return it but was meet with a very nice guy saying he's not issuing any refund whatsoever end of story, period... So make sure you get the right parts or you'll end up paying double... BUYER BE WARE...

jn81
5/24/17

paid $400.00 for an exhaust system that was good for sh%t after it was thrown out the back of a truck during delivery DO NOT BUY FROM THIS BOGUS SUPPLIER the parts are not new the are returns that were damaged in shipping or by crock auto trying to stick them up each others a#s's any who BUYER BEWARE !!! all posi reviews are friends family relatives and employees

desmondw9
5/21/17

I have bought several parts from RockAutoParts.Com and could not me anymore satisfied . The prices were superior to the big name discount sites and local stores. I bought parts for my 2008 BMW 528I and my 207 Nissan Quest. They arrived ahead of schedule. The surprise was that the parts that came were original MFG parts. Not knock offs or Aftermarket. Prior to ordering I contactedthe dealers as well as two or three other Auto Parts Stores and check prices and product manufacturer. I find that except for the dealers (whose quotee are usually for the very Rich or the very ignorant) the parss are made by the same manufacturers. Navigation for parts is excellent and if you know what to order, you will make a purchase. On two separate occasions I find it necessary to contact Costomer Service and was successful in doing so. I pay with PayPal and my issue was (Merchant Authentication Issue) with Paypa,l not RockAuto They are also very helpful by giving me suggestion on how to resolve this situation with Paypal.

Therefore; the only comparison that is relevant is the price. Rock Auto is ahead by a country mile.
Caution: Dont be put off by paid or phoney reviews. This company is here to stay if they continue to offer superrior products at superior prices and a dimely delivery. I

Tip for consumers: Know what part group your part belong to before you buy: Eg. Cooling system/ Air Conditioning ect.

larryh111
5/17/17

Their return process is bad. They mailed the wrong part and wanted me to pay return shipping, I will never use them again. I found no way to speak to a real person, all answers were prepopulated. Not impressed at all. Please boycott this company.

neill36
5/2/17

I bought a O2 sensor for my 1981 Toyota Corolla because I am stocking up on parts to solve an emission problem.

I located the part on their website ordered it and took it to my mechanic and after they worked on the car for over half an hour we found out that my car does not have that part.

Getting the right part from Rock Auto has been an issue more than once, but what tears me up they send you a part that never existed in your car and to get a refund you have to pay for shipping.

I will look elsewhere for parts, and I feel I've been screwed over.

Watch out for the shipping it can be more than the parts you order

They are now my last resort, but I will not trust them anymore.

garyn40
4/23/17

ROCKAUTO Sent Me a damaged part right out of the box! I returned it! Three days later they sent another damaged part! All I can say is! If you can get your part locally! DO IT! And please tell all the people you like to stay away from rockauto.com!

jar1211
4/20/17

Ordered a part April 13th. Just got the email today April 20th that the shipping order has been electronically created. Wonder when they will actually ship.
Message said expect the part by May 1st. Wow...3 f'n weeks to get a clutch master? What a joke. Pricing is not even that much better. I think my vehicle will rust away while awaiting 'service' from these clowns.
This is the first and last order using RockAuto

hazev
4/19/17

Ordered some simple tow hook covers for my rav4 but Rockauto failed to mention that the parts were specific to a certain sub-model, the limited edition. When I inquired about getting the right parts or a refund I was told to pound sand as I had damaged one of the covers attempting to make the part fit. Take your money elsewhere.

darlynr
4/15/17

Paid $41.32 for overnight shipping on a Thursday evening. Expecting package to arrive on Friday or by Saturday morning at the very latest. Guess what? Their overnight will be delivered by Monday at 8pm! rockauto only goes by business days, they do not do the Saturday delivery option. rockauto is not a 24-hour business like most online companies are.
So i found out from fed-ex that the package is sitting in a container at the local facility since friday at 4:30pm. They didn't deliver it because rockauto didn't use the Saturday option and asked for delivery by Monday at 8pm. rockauto website is very difficult to find information about customer service and shipping. Now I know why! My phone call was not good, no customer service there either. I said they should have communicated and given me two day priority mail if it wasn't going to get there overnight by fedex. But hey, they would have lost out on about $30. So you pay for overnight and get two-day shipping. THIEVES!
oh, i ordered another part an hour later. chose cheap $2 shipping. that was delivered to my mailbox saturday morning!

georgeb195
4/12/17

Ordered gas struts for lift gate. Part fit but pressure was way high, impossible for my wife. All they would do is replace with same part. NO person you can talk to. Save your money look elsewhere.

michaeln112
4/12/17

RockAuto.com company is fraud. Sent me the wrong parts and claim I have to pay restocking and reshipping and still they tell me they won't give me any refund.

Complete fraud! Checked the compatibility of my vehicle with parts even and they still sent the wrong parts claiming it was my mistake for ordering them even though the site said they were compatible.

tavisg
4/5/17

Good quality parts at reasonable price very satified customer. I will recommend anyone to make a purchase for parts.

tonym161
3/8/17

I paid 02/01/2017 for 2-3 days delivery. Today is 02/08/2017. I got NOTHING but "Label Created" only. A few phone conversation did NOT help me to fix THEIR problem. They do NOT want to send the part but just hold my money for another 15 days of waiting. Trash company! The worst one I ever met! Looks like they hate their customers.

maricarolynb
3/4/17

I needed a part for my 2006 Chevy Colorado and I had priced it from a local auto parts store and found it was going to be $35. I decided to check Rock Auto and found the exact same part for $7.00. The website was user friendly and I received my order in a couple of days. I would highly recommend them.

rosed66
2/21/17

Tried to order a part, got kicked out, so not sure if credit card wss billed. Tried to call, but no one there to answer calls or speak to somone to find out if the part was order.

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

4 Photos for RockAuto