Review of CARiD

Tel: 800.505.3274
sales@carid.com

qtuserq
2/14/19

This site boast great quality, long term performance products that meet or exceed OEM requirements. NOT TRUE!!! I purchased headlights, they started peeling just after one year. Called and tried to get some type of warranty credit and all I received was an apology. The customer service rep, Pam, blamed it on Eagle the mfr and said CARiD is not responsible for the inferior quality of the products they sell on their website. Do not expect anything you buy to last much more than one year. Beware!!! JUNK!!!

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Qtuser,

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your lights. Despite the warranty time frames are defined by the manufacturing facility rather than by CARiD, we still can achieve an exception to be made or offer some worthy compensation for the inconvenience.

Please allow me a chance to correct the situation. I am sure, I can help you out. You may send me your order number at alison.rh@carid.com and I will get back to you shortly.

Thank you for yuor trust and cooperation.

Consumer Relations Team at CARID.com
Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Qtuser,

Thank you for yuor trust and cooperation.

trevore16
2/13/19

Never received a confirmation email or shipment email for my order and the live chat just connects me to a robot and the call line just connects me to some survey, very sketchy go to a different site I'm about to report for fraud

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Trevor,

Once the order is placed, the invoice and order confirmation number are sent by the system automatically. In case you did not receive any order confirmation, it means that the email address was specified with the mistake. I will be glad to check the status of your purchase. Please contact me at alison.rh@carid.com with your email address used in the order and phone number. I will find your order and provide you with all necessary details.

I would also like to offer a compensation to you.

Please get back to me as soon as possible.

jamesp771
2/13/19

I had ordered a new wheel for my CTS (to be used as a spare) and was shipped a wheel that had already had a tire mounted to it along with what I would call major scaring from the machine that was used in the mounting process (picture attached). When I contacted them about a discount they offered me $30 discount and $25 toward future purchases. Decided the wasn't enough and asked for a replacement. Over a week later no return authorization number.....

Tip for consumers: Run, they are not interested in anything but ripping customers off.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear James,

I would like to apologize on behalf of CARiD for the inconvenience with your wheel. Please allow me an opportunity to speed up the process of return for you and offer a compensation for the issue occurred.

Please contact me directly at alison.rh@carid.com or share your number on the website, so I could find your order in the system and assist you right away!

Thank you for your cooperation with us!

jimf288
2/9/19

The ACDELCO® - HVAC Blower Motor ordered Feb 2 arrived in undamaged ACDELCO packaging yet inside was a cracked part that was NOT ACDELCO brand. Looks like someone's damaged return. Returns are NOT easy as web site states either. They want pictures sent to them first and will then will send return label and will resend the correct part once they get the damage one. WOW! Meanwhile, we are down one vehicle while we wait. Will NOT order from this website again. Should have read reviews on CARiD first. Sorry we gave this company a try. Will stick with RockAuto from now on. Never again CARiD, never again!

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Jim,

I apologize for the issue with the shipment. I can deal with this situation and help you out. Please provide me with your order number, so I could rush the process.

My email address is alison.rh@carid.com. You may contact me directly.

Look forward to hearing from you.

jamesm1644
2/8/19

I placed an order with CARID on December 6, 2018 for Lumen® - Chrome Factory Style Headlights as a Christmas gift. I was able to finally install the headlights in the middle of January and soon after discovered that the passenger headlight assembly was filling with water - clearly a manufacturing defect. After being asked to send pictures and then a video CARID sends an email stating that the products are out of a 30 day warranty period. Only one of the assemblies is defective and they apologize for my inconvenience. So, now I am stuck with a defective headlight and no recourse. These headlight assemblies are known to have manufacturing defects, other companies stand by their products and replace - not CARID. Truly - Buyer beware

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear James,

We apologize for the issue with the headlights. Some manufacturers do have strict warranty time frames which can not be violated by us. However,. each situation requires separate consideration.

Please get back to me at alison.rh@carid.com with your order number, so I could check if an exception is possible in your order. We are ready to go beyond for your satisfaction. Just give us a chance.

somerh2
2/5/19

I initially made my order for wheels and tires January 20th....did not realize they would not ship until March 22nd, so within 5 minutes of the purchase I requested to cancel and was told I could not. Ok...so finally 4 days later after calling about 3-4 times, I got someone to help me get a refund in order to make a new order. When I selected the new order, it said ships in 2-3 days. Once I placed the order and paid $2,900.00 it said 12 days. Seriously??? I could go somewhere local and buy them for a little more and get them same day....crazy. So now here we are 12 days later and they STILL HAVE NOT shipped, yet I've paid almost $3k out of my pocket. My lift I ordered from somewhere else came in 2 weeks ago...now just waiting and waiting and waiting on the rims and tires. I hope and pray that the order is right when they do finally come in! Very disappointed in the lack of customer service and dishonesty/sketchy vibes.

***Update: Was able to get in touch with a representative to check on the order status and they said that as of today (Feb 5th), they are now on back order and it will be another 4-6 weeks) So we went from 2-3 days, to 12 days, to 4-6 weeks. Good grief! They "made a special exception" and let us cancel. They said refund will show up in 24-48 hrs. We shall see...........Don't deal with this sketchy place.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Somer,

Please accept my apologies for the delay with your wheels. Unfortunately, such delays may sometimes happen with custom orders. I would surely offer some compensation to you and speed up the process of refund. Please provide me with your order number at alison.rh@carid.com.

I will forward to hearing from you.

bobbyc85
2/4/19

This company advertises items in photos, and when you purchase them, the item is completely for the wrong car. When calling to get the issue resolved, you are patronized on the phone almost as though it should be no deal that you spent $800 for a corvette hood, and shipping a honda civic hood should work out just as nice. Very disappointing that the BBB hasn't reported more warning notices. I wish I would have read these reviews before making a purchase today.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Bobby,

Thank you for notifying us on the issue you have faced with. We feel truly sorry about the wrong item received. Could you please contact me directly at alison.rh@carid.com with your order number, so I could check the issue right away?
Unfortunately, without having your order information I will not be able to help you in getting this resolved.

richardc753
2/4/19

I ordered rims and tires ..spent 1700 dollars .One rim came damaged and all 4 tires were put in facing wrong direction .They also place all the lug nuts inside rim as you roll tire you can hear the lug nuts rolling around .Super unprofessional it's probably what damaged my rim .I immediately sent pics of both issues ..They told me at first they would refund me up to 95 dollars for changing the tires the right way even though it cost me 125 ..Then they wanted to give me 50 dollars for the rim ..Which is down right insulting ..They said since I didn't have the packaging the rim came in I was not eligible for full return ..The packaging was sliced off with razor so the mechanic could put wheels on car .It was in so many little pieces the mechanic put it in dumpster ..There excuse for not refunding the rim is a complete joke .Once I told them I would report them to the better buiness bureau they said they couldn't read recipet and they would now give me 75 for tire instillation and 50 for damaged rim ..This company is a complete joke and fraud

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Richard,

I would like to apologize for the damage to your wheels. I would surely look into this and try to find an appropriate resolution. Please share your order number with me at alison.rh@carid.com, so I could find your order in our system.

tint8
2/2/19

Garbage company STAY AWAY. I ordered (2) inner tie rods and pass. & driver outer tie rods. The order was split, inner tie rods arrived first and they were NOT for my car, though the site verified fitment. Outer tie rods were split into a separate shipment and only one was shipped no record of the 4th part FOR WHICH I PAID.

Customer service was GARBAGE over chat. I called in and the lady submitted a request for refund because they screwed up. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told they don't have one. hahaha

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Tin,

I am truly sorry to know such an issue happened to your tie rods. Please, allow me to make the things right and assist you right away. Just get back to me at alice.ba@carid.com with your order number and I will assist you right away and provide you with the compensation.

lindag676
2/2/19

ALL OF THE WHEELS THAT WOULD FIT MY CAR WERE BACKORDERED, OR NOT AVAILABLE, EVEN THOUGH THE WEBSITE SAID THEY WERE IN STOCK. I CHOSE TO FINANCE WITH AFFIRM, AND I WAS CHARGED FOR THE WHEELS RIGHT AWAY, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE NOT SHIPPED, SO I ENDED UP PAYING INTEREST FOR NOTHING.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Linda,

I sincerely apologize for the delay happened and inconveniences caused. If you can reach me back with your order number, I will look into the situation right away. Please get back to me at alice.ba@carid.com, so I could make the things right.

montinac
1/29/19

This company sucks, I ordered seat covers and was told they would be shipping 10 days after I ordered them, that was not the case. It's took 45 days for me to receive the covers, which came in 2 separate packages on 2 different days. I opened the first box only to discover that the driver side cover and the arm rest were damaged. So I called Carid and they asked me to email pics of the damaged merchandise so that's what I did. They assured me that the matter would be resolved, AND THEN THEY CANCELED MY CLAIM JUST LIKE THAT. I'm over this company!!!!

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Montina,

I am sorry to hear that the issue has occurred on your order and about the way it was handled. Please allow me an opportunity to correct the situation and offer some compensation to you. Please contact me directly at alison.rh@carid.com with your order number.

I will be glad to get an opportunity to assist you.

tracyb257
1/29/19

I ordered a wheel and on Thursday morning they said that the wheel will ship the same day so I over night the wheel. On Friday it still did not ship so I called and they said that it will be delivered on sat morning and it still did not ship so the next time to get the order will be Friday and when I called to complain about this they transferred me to 6 different departments. This is the worse customer service that I have seen. I have no plans to ever do business with this company again. They said that they will credit the over night charge but that does not make up the wages I am losing due to the wheel not coming on time. When you are told twice that this will ship and arrive on a certain day they should make sure that it happens.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Tracy,

I am sorry to hear about you negative experience with our custom wheels department. If you can tell me the order number I will escalate the case to our wheel manager to rush the process, find the best resolution and provide you with the appropriate compensation for the delays. Please, get back to me at alison.rh@carid.com, I will help you right away.

dwaynem50
1/28/19

Hello, order# 28521380 I received my wheel and tire order today. The wheels and tires are mounted but not balanced and I did not receive the center caps for the wheels. Why? When I called Carid to get some assistance I was placed on hold three times and eventually told that the manufacturer was not responding.The person told me they would call me or email me if/ or when they reached the manufacturer. Please help resolve these issues.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Dwayne,

I would like to apologize for the issue which occurred with your wheels. We are ready to correct the mistake and issue a compensation to you.

The missing caps will be shipped within next 24-48 business days. We will get back to you with the tracking number within 24 business hours after that.

I would also kindly ask you to send us the receipt for re-balancing, so we could issue a refund to you.

Please contact me directly if any questions appear.

taylork55
1/26/19

Ordered a part November 25th 2018 for my dad and once it was received it was damaged along with the packaging. I called once to exchange. They said manufacturer was closed until 1st of the year, but will send the order through. 1 week into the year I called because I hadn't recieved any correspondence from them and tell them I want a refund. "In 24-48 hrs you will receive a confirmation email and we will credit your card back. Nothing. Called again, said the same thing
It's been over a week since then. I sent an email last night, never got anything back. STILL NO REFUND OR CORRESPONDENCE FROM COMPANY.

Now my dad is out 140.00. WHAT A JOKE. This company should be ashamed of themselves.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Taylor,

I apologize that you had such a negative experience with us. In case of damages done to ground packages (non-freight) the replacement or refund is processed within the next 3 business days or upon pick up (whichever happens first). To have the situation resolved right away, please get back to me at alison.rh@carid.com with the order number (starts with 27 or 28), I will look into the issue and rush the refund for you. In case the situation already resolved I will be more than happy to issue the compensation for the inconveniences caused, just please reach me out.

vinceg25
1/25/19

I bought a set of headlights for my Toyota Tacoma and looked at them closely as i was warned by a friend if the reflector inside the lens is not straight, it wont project the light correctly. When i got what was supposed to be a higher end headlight assembly, i noticed the quality was not that great and my installer told me that he has seen this before in aftermarket . They will not accept the return without a bunch of nonsense. They repeatedly ask you to " send a picture" of the defect when it does not easily show on the picture. The run around is beyond belief. They have NO U.S. based customer service. The toll free number goes to a bunch of well trained people who will not help. I felt really duped and will NEVER do biz with these people again. Its hard to see but the reflector in the middle of the light points up, not towards the road. Its flawed from the MFG.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Vince,

I would like to apologize that your experience with us moved from positive to negative. This is not we are aimed on.

The refund for your order #28534739 will be issued to you within next 12 business hours. Please allow 3-5 business days for the bank to reflect funds on your account.

In case you would also like to return the order #28385122, Spec-D® 2LH-TAC06-RS - Chrome Factory Style Headlights, the return paperwork was already issued to you as well. Please print the paperwork out and proceed with the return.

Please let me know if you have any issues unresolved, so I could assist you right away. My email address is alison.rh@carid.com.

marioz5
1/25/19

I ordered 1800 dollars wheels and tires, I placed the order on January 4th, the order was supposed to shipped in two weeks, after two weeks I called CARID,and they don't know What is going on, all the employees are incompetent and they don't know What they are doing, then I contact with the manager and he told me that the will send the order quickly.today is 24th and the order will shipped tomorrow, very unprofessional, they put you on hold for 20 - 30 min, and during the hold on the phone some guy says a lot of interesting things, but still is not funny guys. You are a Joke. I will tell everyone, and I will write only bad reviews because you deserve it,

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Mario,

I am sorry to hear about the issue with your wheels. Please allow me an opportunity to correct the situation. I kindly ask you to share your order number with me at alison.rh@carid.com, so I could work on it.

Look forward to your reply.

lawrencef24
1/24/19

I needed to know if the parts I selected were the correct ones. I wanted to avoid the hassle of buying the wrong parts ( not knowing Idid), waiting to recive them, discovering they are the wrong parts then having to ship them back and start all over again. I called CARiD to speak with someone to confirm that the parts I wanted to order were, in deed, correct for my vehicle. I called within a few minutes of their same day shipping deadline. The customer service rep was knowledgeable about the products selected and confirmed I selected the correct ones. By this time it was their same day shipping deadline. The customer service rep was able to include my order in the same day shipment. Also, I received my order within 2 business days.
I will definitely order more merchandise from CARiD, and I definitely recommend them to other friends and family.

claytonb21
1/24/19

I had purchased custom lights from another company, they leaked and they said they would get some condensation in them, this was more.I contacted Carid purchased a new set for a bit more but they work Great.Very satisfied.

ronk75
1/24/19

Very professional and a pleasure to do business with parts were wrong but they took them back no questions asked paid for shipping and l receive my money back

josephm245
1/24/19

Well been waiting ten days on tracking call multiple times no answer to what im asking well we can return money are u can wait thats not helping the customer thats going around the fact u dont care enuff if u guys want parts go to parts galaxy the company that cares about family and friends because carid will keep playing and not helping just wanted to let people know what ive been going thru with this company also ordered speakers they came with no wires but i guess its up to u what u choose to do with this company

davej87
1/24/19

I have dealt with them several times and have been more than satisfied with their knowledge of what I need and speed of delivery. Lifelong customer!!

devinm32
1/24/19

great service, very fast reply, definitely know what they are doing, I will always order my car parts needs from this website

davidw436
1/24/19

well as usual team carid with Lisa's expert help came through again she listened to what i needed and checked the books and found exactly what i was looking for and for a really low price

dons95
1/24/19

Looked long & hard for a burlwood dash kit for my new 2016 Corvette Stingray. Had easily found one for my previous C6 vette, but none seemed available for the C7 models. Finally hooked up with Carid who sent me 4 samples for $5 so I could be sure of the match with my kalahai leather interior. Unfortunately they lacked even one pic of a completed C7 installation, however my live chat Carid associate assured me it would be perfect. So I took a chance and ordered the kit. It is a 45 piece kit and the professional installation took almost 4 hours - but it is drop-dead gorgeous. The fit is perfect and the tolerances are computer perfect. A show stopper that makes my car competitive at any vette show. Carid is the way to go - highest recommendation.

nicka124
1/22/19

I purchased wheel's and tires from CarID and decided I wanted to cancel my order (had not shipped yet). I was told that my order can not be cancelled despite it not reflecting that anywhere on the product page or during the checkout process. On the wheel page, it says they can be returned before the tires have been mounted.

I next asked if I could instead make a change to my order. I wanted to see about buying different (more expensive) tires. They told me that in order to do that, they would charge me a 10% restocking fee for tires that have not even shipped. Additionally, I looked everywhere on their site and could not see any mention of a restocking fee for cancelled orders or for returned orders. They are very unfriendly and dishonest. Stay far away from this vendor. They claim quick and easy returns, yet I couldnt even make a change to an order that hasnt even shipped.

Finally, they advertised my purchase as being in stock and shipped within 48 hours. When I spoke to them, They were still waiting for my purchase to arrive to them 4 days later.

Response from Carid C., CARiD Representative
Dear Nick,

We appreciate your review for our store and would like to apologize for misunderstanding with the cancellation policy. According to the policy, all custom orders are non-cancellable and non-returnable. You may check the details on the website at https://www.carid.com/help-center/product-return.html The disclaimer is shown at the checkout stage. Without having confirmed that you have read this notification, you could not have the order placed.

However, we were ready to cancel your order as an exception. There is no information on the website regarding the fee since they are applied only in some particular situations.

We have already sent you an email and offered a compensation for the delay.

You may reply me back at alison.rh@carid.com with your opinion.

Thank you in advance!

Consumer Relations Team at CARID.com

Yeah they just dont give a rats ass about the customer

By Roderic S.
Helpful answer -2

Dear Jose A., The shipping timeframes depend on the type of the product you are going to purchase. Most of the items are on stock ready to be shipped, however, we list products which have to be manufactured. Shipping within the US usually takes up to 5 business days. To get more information, please call our Sales line at 800-505-3274 ext 81. We will be glad to answer all your questions. Thank you. Have a wonderful day!

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Time h., We are sorry to know, that your product got damaged. Our professional Tech Support team will be glad to look into the issue and help you with getting a refund for the damaged merchandise. Please get in touch with our representative at 800-505-3274 ext 82. Thank you

Helpful answer -1

Dear Liz K., That's a good question, but unfortunately, we do not have an answer on it. It is better to ask the SiteJabber support to explain how the rating calculates. To answer your question about why you should buy from us, I would say that we have a huge variety of the OE replacement and aftermarket automotive goods and if you are fixing or restoring your vehicle you must look through our website. We do guarantee the lowest price and good quality. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 800-505-3274. We will gladly assist you. Sincerely, Consumer Relations department at CARiD.com

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Quincy, Thank you for your concern. We regret to know, that the mufflers did not meet your expectations and you decided to return them. Usually Magnaflow meaning vehicle specific high performance exhaust systems, with badges and polished tips etc. In this case the universal Magnaflow mufflers were purchased. They were true Magnaflow items, but universal fit. To ensure the precise fit, there was a need to measure the original mufflers and to purchase the ones with the same dimensions. Anyway, the mufflers are on their way back to the manufacturer. We will issue a full refund to your account upon receipt. If you have any questions or concerns, please give us a call at 800-505-3274 ext 82. We will be glad to assist you. Sincerely, Consumer Relations department at CARiD.com

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Shelly, Thank you for giving CARiD.com the opportunity to service your automotive needs! The delivery time and price vary depending on a destination, weight of the package, and shipping method. Usually we ship via UPS . Please specify what product you are interested in and what vehicle you are shopping for. I will also need to know the name of the destination country and your zip code to calculate the shipping quote. No matter whether you are doing basic repairs and maintenance, modifying your car's street appeal and performance, or adding high-tech lighting and electronics, our great selection of brand name products can be purchased on CARiD.com or by calling our knowledgeable associates at 800.505.3274!

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Steve, Thank you for your question. Please check the options we offer by following the link below: https://www.carid.com/2001-toyota-celica-lambo-doors/ You may also email me directly at alison.rh@carid.com for further assistance. I will be glad to help. Thank you and have a great day!

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Tom, Thank you for paying your attention to the reviews posted for our store. Unfortunately, it is rare today that people take the time out of their day to recognize a job well done. They would rather go and let others know about the unfortunate that has happened to the order than say how positive they are about the service and products received. That is why you can see negative reviews only. Please specify your concern and your order information, so I could do everything possible to prevent you from writing another negative review. You may email me directly at alison.rh@carid.com Look forward for your reply.

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Mahdi, We ship to Lebanon. Usually it takes 14 business days to deliver the product. The order can be shipped to the physical address specified in the order. You may provide me with the shipping zip code and the item you are interested in as well your vehicle details, so I could check the shipping cost to your destination.

By Carid C., CARiD Representative

Dear Ashley, thank you for addressing your question to us. I kindly ask you to specify your order number, so I could check the status and provide you with the latest information. You may also email me at alison.rh@carid.com with your questions or concerns.

By Carid C., CARiD Representative
Questions? Get answers from the CARiD staff and other customers.

CARiD?
Consumer Alert

Sitejabber has been notified that this business has offered discounts, coupons or other incentives in exchange for reviews about this business. We wanted you to know because offering incentives has been shown to skew the overall ratings of a business. This behavior contravenes our guidelines as it might have a misleading impact on the rating and consumers.