Review of RockAuto

Tel: 608-661-1376
service@rockauto.com

glendad16
8/17/18

No customer service, won't process refunds once they receive an item back. Run as fast as you can from this place

viktorb10
8/16/18

Bought part number 11510393340, a bmw 540i 1997 waterpump. One pictured on rockauto was this one exactly. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6621592&cc=1012453&jsn=5. Their most expensive option by about 40%. Reason I paid this premium is because the one pictured has a metal propeller versus the others that have a black plastic one.

Part I got has a black plastic one. I email them saying the part is wrong. They say they can't issue a exchange because they have none in stock. and offer to exchange for one of black plastic ones and refund me the difference.

I tell them I want a complete refund and to keep my water pump. Because I had to get this installed and my car running by this weekend, on top of that this is the 3rd time in less than 4 months that I have gotten wrong parts or parts that broke after a short time and had to exchange.

The other issue I have with rockauto is that they never list country of origin of their parts. Yet when the part arrives, on the invoice it clealy states country of origin. The previous parts I bought were american companies, made in, you guessed it China. How nice is it when you order a part and open it up, and instead of made in america, says china. This latest part, the water pump, supposedly made by Behr a German company, is made in Italy.

So I paid a premium price for a made in italy waterpump with a plastic propeller that will probably disintegrate in a few months. I can't get even a metal one from rockauto because that was the last one they offered.Never using rockauto again. Shady made in crap country scammers that send wrong parts and defective parts all the time and expect you to pay for return shipping and not even be compensated the time lost. Despicable.

Rockauto had one chance to give me customer service. They asked for my VIN, origin part number, and the wrong waterpump part sent. And say they will investigate. I sent pictures of them all. Not 5 minutes passes when some other representative not familiar with my first email, messages back saying you can return it and get store credit but I have to pay for return shipping. Basically a generic response.

Obviously not investigated. Never bothered to read my first email or even the first rockauto representatives email asking me to provide the aforementioned information to them to investigate.

pathetic

pierrej6
8/6/18

Bumper had broken and missing parts, I did the whole picture thing to show it ,next day they cancelled my ticket and hadn't been able to talk to anyone,,so they can kiss my ass

davidl997
8/3/18

Customer service is non existent!! Don't bother or waste your time. It would be a one sided communication full of inconsiderate replies full of excuses and no resolution. Don't ever take their "In Store Credit" unless you are 100% sure you will use it all. They have1,000 reasons and excuses.

Tip for consumers: Contact your BBB and complain.

christophers74
7/30/18

I have used "RA" in the pass and never had a problem...then they lowered the boom. I had ordered sensors, a Starter motor, and some other parts all on the same night when I got them thru UPS instead of all them being delivered all at once I would get one every other day, which was really time consuming, and the last Package was something I never ordered which cost between $79. and $ 130.00 and to add insulting to injury it's impossible to return. My recourse is to contact my States Attorney, and have his/her office draw up a arrest warrant for fraud RA is possibility the worst criminally inclined company in the world. I would advise anyone who thinks they/ve been ripped off you do the same. This company must be stopped, and all their CEO,CFO, CTO NEED TO BE IMPRISIONED, IT'S NO TELLING HOW MANY COUSTOMERS HAVE EEN CHEATED OUT OF THEIR HARD EARN MONIES.

ge2 p0jp8efwq9 se

johnathons11
7/25/18

TOTAL Switch and Bait Tactics. After you receive their "mail in rebate" you discover you can only use it at 15 Garbage China Corporate BS locations. They don't advertise this at all, it's in fine print and only discoverable once you receive the "rebate card" in the mail. Now I'm stuck with a "Credit Card" that I can only use at the mall, I don't want to Build a F**king Bear or use the gift card towards a $200 T-shirt, I need to pay gas and rent.

Tip for consumers: Fraudulent Rebate Program. Fake reviews on their hosted review site.

mattc208
7/24/18

RockAuto sold me a defective part, made me pay to return it and then would not refund my money. The part was listed as an exact fit for my vehicle. When I tried to install it it did not fit and they would not refund my money. Went to AutoZone and paid a little more but the part fit. You get what you pay for!

rodolphea1
7/23/18

Sent me the wrong parts. Shipped it back, never received the new parts. Contact "customer service" that can only be reached through their email, who didn't anything or any effort to correct my issue. Won't be fool again.

georgek221
7/22/18

Sent me the wrong part, I had all the correct info. And the part sent was to small and RA determined it is both are faults. There are plenty of auto parts stores elsewhere, RA will not fool me twice. George

anthonys374
7/17/18

I was a bit worried about ordering from RockAuto looking at the reviews, so decided to only buy some cheap parts first so not to risk wasting too much $. The parts were shipped very quickly, the parts are correct, the price is much cheaper than anywhere else I could find and the quality is actually pretty good.

johnl1067
7/9/18

So I ordered a part with descriptions for clutch kit having the repair sleeve and bearing. Get part unfortunately I did not put on car right away because I wasn't In A hurry well when I go to put on car it is a stock bearing and the description stated repair bearing which is oversized for the new sleeve plus the fact it didn't even have a sleeve in it... They basically tell me to bad should have returned earlier not our problem... And coincidendely after I email about this issue they change the website description.. But I have the screen shot from my order... lamby22@cox.net

mickeys24
7/8/18

Have received a few items that where made outta low quality material but for most part happy continue to use them for our car parts alot of fair quality parts as well

garyr244
7/5/18

I ordered a rim for a 2012 Mazda 6, price was good, arrived on time; that was great. However when it arrived I found out I didn't really need it. Because they had 2 description of the Silver Color; Painted Silver, and Bright Silver, I was curious if I selected the correct color. I open the package to check. Then I called and arranged to get a shipping label as required for a return. I did not even take it out of the box. A few days later someone called Mimi told me they won't refund me because "it was put on a vehicle and rotated." What a crock. I tried to assure her no such thing happened, but to no avail. She held on to the rim and refuse to refund. I have never encountered this type of dishonesty. I would not recommend doing any business with these people.

alexz73
6/28/18

I ordered a rack&pinion for my Audi. I used the R&R(repair and return) since I didn't need it real quick. A month later I looking for it they didn't have any information, I supplied the information. A week later I get the new part. Its different. Length, steering shaft placement, and mounting holes. Rock auto says it was shipped too long ago. Bottom line Im out of luck.

Avoid like the plague.

daleh113
6/25/18

I paid an extra 25 dollars for overnight shipping. In 4 days i will get my part. They are a complete ripoff. And when you try to get a hold of management to inform them... good luck they are nowhere to be found. You cant call them , they have no costumer service at all.

carld92
6/22/18

Horrible company model and customer service.
They sold me a part for my truck which I didn't have time to replace on my vehicle for over 30 days and turns out WRONG part! Their response, "sorry, our policy is NO RETURNS after 30 days". JOKE!!

rnsm
6/15/18

Recently bought 6 ignition coils from rock auto and they work for like 3 days then my car was back to misfiring I tried to get a refund and send the parts back but that was no good hard to contact them basically Ill never Order from them again

myraf11
5/20/18

Bought flywheel installed it had to to see if it would work. Wrong one which was my fault. But they will not give refund. Bought another item from them and it was not in box when received called the number and person on phone was rude telling us you had to do it over internet. Will never buy from them again.Should have read reviews.

julesj9
5/11/18

Bought fuel tank straps for my car from them before checking their rating. Parts arrived and I took them to my mechanic to install. The mechanic found these were the wrong straps for my vehicle. He reshaped one of them to make it fit , taking extra time for which I am billed. The second one he did not bother with. Rock Auto's attitude was "sorry but we can give you no refund unless the complete package is shipped back to us" and they expect me to ship it at my cost of $35 !!!! Atrocious service! I will dispute the transaction with my credit card company and try to get 100% of what I paid Rock Auto back!

willp33
5/4/18

They sent me a defective instrument cluster. They wanted me to buy a 2nd one and them refund my money after return . They advertise all over TV shows. They should spend some money on customer service and retention. I will never buy anything from them and I suggest you don't either . A big red flag is no customer service representatives.This is probably run out of someones garage.

dannyh58
5/2/18

I ordered a 4 wheel brake kit from rock auto. After waiting 5 days for my order to arrive. I opened the box to find they only shipped 2 rotors to me. After 1 hr online trying to find a phone number, email address or someone to answer so questions. I was able to go thru a long process of answering some generic questions and after submitting the answers i was able to send an email. A person named jeff asked me to email pictures of box i had recd. A few hrs later he told me they made a mistake and that they are sending the rest of my order to me via regular mail. Another 5 days. I sent an email to jeff stating that they should at least overnight to me due to them making the mistake. I have not heard back from anyone it's been 2 days. They have no customer service to call if you have a problem. Good luck!!!!!

jackl184
4/25/18

I had been a happy rock auto customer in Canada for over 5 years. I only ever had one small issue last year, and I was able to get it resolved after talking with a customer service rep located at their head office in Madison, WI. Ive easily spent over $10,000 us with them since ive been a customer with them. As they have almost all the parts for my collector cars, and harder to find European parts.

This last order though was completely unacceptable. Simply put, I had ordered a fan clutch for my Mercedes, having experienced poor quality fan clutches from china in the past, for this car it had to be an original Sachs made in Germany (the original OEM supplier). I did a quickly lookup on their site, and they had about 5 options to choose from, ranging in price. I could clearly see from the photo which ones were "china brand" from the desgn, the 4 Seasons brand, was higher prices (in the range of the Sachs pricing), and the photo clearly showed a Sachs branded clutch with the words printed "Made in Germany" simply I could see that 4 seasons put a Sachs brand part in their box, and off it went. Not uncommon for "house brands" to do with parts. Also reason I ordered it from RA, and not elsewhere online is their shipping to Canada is pretty reliable, and I needed it asap.

Today box shows up, and on the packing slip, it clearly states "Country of origin - Germany", so I was glad. I open up the part box, and low and behold a cheap china knock off that clearly says "Made in China". I was disappointed, but needed it asap, so I paid more for express shipping and begun the order process to order a Sachs from another local supplier.

I call up their head office, and instantly get told that there is no one I can talk to and they "Discontinued" the customer service reps last fall. I was a bit disappointed, but regardless, I thought I would start the return process. Obviously with the notion that they sold me a "Not as described" part, and they should refund me the ship price to me, the part price, and the ship back amount for the return.

I quickly got a response back from customer service, and instantly they said, not their fault, not our problem, if you want to return it you will need to pay for the return shipping. After a lot of back and forth, I was getting nowhere. And I was completely dumbfounded, that they were treating this simple issue that was their fault, and blaming it on me.

I had to file a claim thru paypal, and will wait to see what happens.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Rockauto, obviously something has changed in the past 6 months, and they could care less about customer service. All they care about is pinching every penny out of the bottom line, without caring for their recent customers, and long term customers

gregb157
4/23/18

Never again. Sent me wrong parts and said my e -mail and part number does not match
Can't get Any farther.

rv42
4/13/18

Ordered a part for my 2013 Nissan. Live in Canada and get stuff delivered all the time no problem. They shipped it via Canpar who refused to deliver outside of large cities which excludes almost half of Canada. I waited for there weeks for the part, the driver for Canpar would call me and say he was within 15 minute drive of my house but refused to deliver and told me that I had to drive 150km to go pick it up.

ss331
4/11/18

I was. was a Rock Auto customer for years, made many purchases over last 10 years. This last experience was the one to award Rock Auto with losing yet another customer. Ordered 2 smaller emissions parts. Both fit in approximately 5"x5" box. Paid extra for faster shipping as I needed. Both showed in 2 days in one box, sealed with rock auto tape, so no funny stuff done by shipper. 2 Ac Delco boxes packed, but one box was empty. How someone could pick up/ handle a box and not know understand that it's empty is mystery itself. Years ago you could call and get problem figured out. NOT ANYMORE. They almost proudly announce on the phone that they keep prices so low by eliminating customer service via the phone. Try telling a computer that a box was empty, or to send me another immediately, as I paid extra for shipping. The more I tried, the angrier I became. Even Amazon in their quest to overtake the world has human interaction when you need customer service. That old saying Grandpa always said "you get what you pay for" rings so true, especially with Rock Auto. They seemed to unfortunately decided to take the ultimate greedy road as the choice for how they run their business. Buyer Beware! As long as everything goes good, and your shipment is correct, you will be happy. I was. But when it goes bad, (and it seems it goes bad at the worst possible time) it gets real bad when you are led like cattle into a generated flowchart with general and nonsensical questions that they force you to answer. At the end, you actually got the feeling that they really couldn't care less about your problem. They just want to know if you want to return it, or get a refund. It's a very empty, frustrating feeling. But. It is all in the wonderful name of saving us all money!

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

If you are worried, you should be able to order by phone (not posted on the website) 608) 661-1376 Fax: (608) 819-6350. They are very sticky about returns beyond 30 days, even if it is their mistake. See my review about my experience. I was very disappointed.

By Mark S.
Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

RockAuto?