Review of RockAuto

Tel: 608-661-1376
service@rockauto.com

richardm753
10/4/18

I ordered brakes rotors and spark plugs. Turns out each part was shipped from a different location and through a different carrier. The rotors showed up, the plugs showed up and my brakes are in Pittsburgh.
Too bad I live in New Jersey. To do the work ,I have to buy brakes somewhere else, so I' m just returning the order. I was promised a delivery date and they weren't even close. There are no humans to help ,so if your order is messed up, you're SOL. I'm pretty sure they don't give a damn about their customers.

miked534
9/25/18

Do not buy from ROCK AUTO PARTS dot CON. They suck you in with low prices and when you checkout the shipping charges are sky high. Now you have to either leave the site after wasting all of your time looking for the parts or pay for the ridiculous shipping prices!
It gets WORST
After putting in my vehicle information, a bunch of parts are shown that will fit my vehicle. NOPE !!! after they arrived only some fit. I even asked for their customer service people to double check my order to avoid problems. Thier lazy ass answer, if the part shows up in the part list it will fit. NO IT DID NOT FIT.
Now I want to return the parts that don't fit and ROCKAUTOPARTS dot CON says "Sure just pay the ridiculous shipping prices again."
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!
I will go to my local auto parts place and get the parts there, never had a problem with bringing back parts that were wrong.

gregm329
9/18/18

For anything other than something that requires a core they may be alright - but forget about something that has a core involved. They drop shipped my item from the remanufacturer- the remanufacturer included a return shipping label for the core - I used the label to return the item - then I found out RockAuto needed me to return somewhere else to get my core credit. Total BS. Emails went unanswered.

js467
9/14/18

Ordered brakes for my Honda from RockAuto. They sent me the WRONG PARTS. I entered in my exact make and model, their computer system apparently made an error or whomever packs the boxes made an error... idk which, but the point is, I received wrong parts for my vehicle. I had to take my car to get repaired because I need it, obviously... so that was a much larger expense than necessary due to the negligence of RockAuto. I emailed and let them know about the issue. They said they'd "make an exception" and do a partial refund. I said ok great. (I put on the front brakes, those were correct. They sent me wrong rear brakes, so those parts went back). So I pay $20 to ship them back! For which they did not reimburse me. And all they issued me is a $50 STORE CREDIT. This was not what they told me at first. They told me I'd get a refund. This was not a refund. I do not want store credit. I will never order from RockAuto because not only did they screw me over, they cost me a lot of extra money due to THEIR MISTAKE and then lied to me and treated me poorly. Everyone makes mistakes. Humans are prone to error. But they had a chance to make it right and chose not to. There is no manager to talk to. There is zero customer service. These people are crooks. I'm now out a few hundred bucks- plus the $20 in shipping, plus the $50+ they're holding hostage with their "store credit". Why would I ever risk ordering from here again? Why would I ever want a store credit here?? Do not waste your savings account or risk your safety ordering from this place. It says right on their website, no refund unless it's our mistake. ITS YOUR MISTAKE!!! I've had this car for 15 years, pretty sure I know what parts it takes and didn't order wrong ones. I want my money back.

tobyt17
9/2/18

I was promised a $100 gift card for buying 4 struts from rockauto.com, but its just a scam. I sent in everything they asked for and about 2 months later I get an email saying my rebate was rejected because of some items that were supposedly missing, but it was untrue. I called and they were closed but the answering service assured me they would have someone call me back. I also emailed explaining that everything they asked for was included. I never got a reply to my email and no one ever called me back. Finally I was able to get through to them by phone during regular business hours. The person I spoke to asked for my rebate id number which I gave him and told him that I was told the rebates was rejected. He placed me on hold for a minute or two. When he came back to the phone he said everything has been taken care of and that I was approved. Thats pretty fishy, I bet they reject 100% of all rebates initially. Now he proceeds to tell me that it will take 2 more months to process and I should get my rebate card in the. What the heck? It does not take 2 months to send out a rebate card. So I wait another two months and then check the status of the rebate online and guess what, it says rejected again. This is a total scam. Do not trust anything you hear from Rock Auto about a rebate, you will NEVER get your rebate.

stephaniek154
8/27/18

Parts came damaged and they charge for return shipping even if it's their fault, parts were damaged due to poor packaging. & then they tried saying it was our fault because we sent the item back in the same packing it came in, so they were not going to issue a refund and we had to dispute it threw our bank to get a refund. All these people do it scam. They are cheap and either sell broken parts as new or they are out to cut costs on packaging etc to make the most money possible. There is no customer care number by the way and nothing can be accomplished with online support unless your agreeing to return part for $35 shipping label they provide. Buyer beware.

danm402
8/27/18

Ordered a water pump which was shown in the picture as coming with an OEM style composite gasket. What I received with the pump was a cheap flat gasket which would probably leak. Their "customer service" basically told me that it says somewhere on their website in tiny print that the pictures are not necessarily what you will receive. Wow, how helpful and useful that is. I said okay, just throw a $5 gasket in with my next big order, since I've spent thousands there over the past years. Nope, can't do that. Oh well, I guess that was my last order. For the sake of saving $5 they just lost thousands of $$ in future orders. Way to go. Oh, and when they don't want to hear from you any more they just close the service ticket and your emails are bounced back.
(In the photo the original gasket is on the right.)

tomb571
8/25/18

Part was the wrong one. just try to talk to anyone at rock auto. Just get out your jupping shoes, because your jumping through hoops to get a refund. Now I know how they sell the parts so cheap. They send you the wrong part, You will have to return it . GOOD LUCK!

glendad16
8/17/18

No customer service, won't process refunds once they receive an item back. Run as fast as you can from this place

viktorb10
8/16/18

Bought part number 11510393340, a bmw 540i 1997 waterpump. One pictured on rockauto was this one exactly. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6621592&cc=1012453&jsn=5. Their most expensive option by about 40%. Reason I paid this premium is because the one pictured has a metal propeller versus the others that have a black plastic one.

Part I got has a black plastic one. I email them saying the part is wrong. They say they can't issue a exchange because they have none in stock. and offer to exchange for one of black plastic ones and refund me the difference.

I tell them I want a complete refund and to keep my water pump. Because I had to get this installed and my car running by this weekend, on top of that this is the 3rd time in less than 4 months that I have gotten wrong parts or parts that broke after a short time and had to exchange.

The other issue I have with rockauto is that they never list country of origin of their parts. Yet when the part arrives, on the invoice it clealy states country of origin. The previous parts I bought were american companies, made in, you guessed it China. How nice is it when you order a part and open it up, and instead of made in america, says china. This latest part, the water pump, supposedly made by Behr a German company, is made in Italy.

So I paid a premium price for a made in italy waterpump with a plastic propeller that will probably disintegrate in a few months. I can't get even a metal one from rockauto because that was the last one they offered.Never using rockauto again. Shady made in crap country scammers that send wrong parts and defective parts all the time and expect you to pay for return shipping and not even be compensated the time lost. Despicable.

Rockauto had one chance to give me customer service. They asked for my VIN, origin part number, and the wrong waterpump part sent. And say they will investigate. I sent pictures of them all. Not 5 minutes passes when some other representative not familiar with my first email, messages back saying you can return it and get store credit but I have to pay for return shipping. Basically a generic response.

Obviously not investigated. Never bothered to read my first email or even the first rockauto representatives email asking me to provide the aforementioned information to them to investigate.

pathetic

pierrej6
8/6/18

Bumper had broken and missing parts, I did the whole picture thing to show it ,next day they cancelled my ticket and hadn't been able to talk to anyone,,so they can kiss my ass

davidl997
8/3/18

Customer service is non existent!! Don't bother or waste your time. It would be a one sided communication full of inconsiderate replies full of excuses and no resolution. Don't ever take their "In Store Credit" unless you are 100% sure you will use it all. They have1,000 reasons and excuses.

Tip for consumers: Contact your BBB and complain.

christophers74
7/30/18

I have used "RA" in the pass and never had a problem...then they lowered the boom. I had ordered sensors, a Starter motor, and some other parts all on the same night when I got them thru UPS instead of all them being delivered all at once I would get one every other day, which was really time consuming, and the last Package was something I never ordered which cost between $79. and $ 130.00 and to add insulting to injury it's impossible to return. My recourse is to contact my States Attorney, and have his/her office draw up a arrest warrant for fraud RA is possibility the worst criminally inclined company in the world. I would advise anyone who thinks they/ve been ripped off you do the same. This company must be stopped, and all their CEO,CFO, CTO NEED TO BE IMPRISIONED, IT'S NO TELLING HOW MANY COUSTOMERS HAVE EEN CHEATED OUT OF THEIR HARD EARN MONIES.

ge2 p0jp8efwq9 se

johnathons11
7/25/18

TOTAL Switch and Bait Tactics. After you receive their "mail in rebate" you discover you can only use it at 15 Garbage China Corporate BS locations. They don't advertise this at all, it's in fine print and only discoverable once you receive the "rebate card" in the mail. Now I'm stuck with a "Credit Card" that I can only use at the mall, I don't want to Build a F**king Bear or use the gift card towards a $200 T-shirt, I need to pay gas and rent.

Tip for consumers: Fraudulent Rebate Program. Fake reviews on their hosted review site.

mattc208
7/24/18

RockAuto sold me a defective part, made me pay to return it and then would not refund my money. The part was listed as an exact fit for my vehicle. When I tried to install it it did not fit and they would not refund my money. Went to AutoZone and paid a little more but the part fit. You get what you pay for!

rodolphea1
7/23/18

Sent me the wrong parts. Shipped it back, never received the new parts. Contact "customer service" that can only be reached through their email, who didn't anything or any effort to correct my issue. Won't be fool again.

georgek221
7/22/18

Sent me the wrong part, I had all the correct info. And the part sent was to small and RA determined it is both are faults. There are plenty of auto parts stores elsewhere, RA will not fool me twice. George

anthonys374
7/17/18

I was a bit worried about ordering from RockAuto looking at the reviews, so decided to only buy some cheap parts first so not to risk wasting too much $. The parts were shipped very quickly, the parts are correct, the price is much cheaper than anywhere else I could find and the quality is actually pretty good.

johnl1067
7/9/18

So I ordered a part with descriptions for clutch kit having the repair sleeve and bearing. Get part unfortunately I did not put on car right away because I wasn't In A hurry well when I go to put on car it is a stock bearing and the description stated repair bearing which is oversized for the new sleeve plus the fact it didn't even have a sleeve in it... They basically tell me to bad should have returned earlier not our problem... And coincidendely after I email about this issue they change the website description.. But I have the screen shot from my order... lamby22@cox.net

mickeys24
7/8/18

Have received a few items that where made outta low quality material but for most part happy continue to use them for our car parts alot of fair quality parts as well

garyr244
7/5/18

I ordered a rim for a 2012 Mazda 6, price was good, arrived on time; that was great. However when it arrived I found out I didn't really need it. Because they had 2 description of the Silver Color; Painted Silver, and Bright Silver, I was curious if I selected the correct color. I open the package to check. Then I called and arranged to get a shipping label as required for a return. I did not even take it out of the box. A few days later someone called Mimi told me they won't refund me because "it was put on a vehicle and rotated." What a crock. I tried to assure her no such thing happened, but to no avail. She held on to the rim and refuse to refund. I have never encountered this type of dishonesty. I would not recommend doing any business with these people.

alexz73
6/28/18

I ordered a rack&pinion for my Audi. I used the R&R(repair and return) since I didn't need it real quick. A month later I looking for it they didn't have any information, I supplied the information. A week later I get the new part. Its different. Length, steering shaft placement, and mounting holes. Rock auto says it was shipped too long ago. Bottom line Im out of luck.

Avoid like the plague.

daleh113
6/25/18

I paid an extra 25 dollars for overnight shipping. In 4 days i will get my part. They are a complete ripoff. And when you try to get a hold of management to inform them... good luck they are nowhere to be found. You cant call them , they have no costumer service at all.

carld92
6/22/18

Horrible company model and customer service.
They sold me a part for my truck which I didn't have time to replace on my vehicle for over 30 days and turns out WRONG part! Their response, "sorry, our policy is NO RETURNS after 30 days". JOKE!!

rnsm
6/15/18

Recently bought 6 ignition coils from rock auto and they work for like 3 days then my car was back to misfiring I tried to get a refund and send the parts back but that was no good hard to contact them basically Ill never Order from them again

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

5 Photos for RockAuto