Review of RockAuto

Tel: 608-661-1376
service@rockauto.com

jonathanv21
12/9/17

I purchased a rack and pinion it went bad within my warrenty time. they filed my order as a return for some reason ( canceled because they wanted my core first,then re ordered with me paying core charge so I can get it faster as they had one in stock) however I have a a order shipped confirmation email from them but they claim they never sent me a rack and that I canceled the order (no email was sent about re ordering and paying double the price) so now they will not warranty this item.
There is no customer service called the main office and told them The website was not allowing me to do a return and he said u have to do it online theres nothing else I can do for you have a nice day and hung up on me. So I emailed them from my order confirmation email and he proceeded to tell me I didnt buy anything from him and if I can give him a order number (different than the one I was givin) that stated My purchase then he would warrenty it, not sure if it was an error or if they intentionally filled it like this so I couldnt warranty it. Either way they were very rude and sold me a faulty part and would not hold up to there warranty.

carlf44
11/27/17

Their recording states they no longer offer customer service over the phone. In other words, you bought it, you own it. I got a defective y-pipe catalytic from them and they want me to buy another one to see if its' any better. I just want them to take it back and then decide themselves if it is bad and at the least give store credit.

bronsonb1
11/20/17

Ordered brake rotors which didnt end up fitting. They looked a little off prior to install but thought there was only one way to find out and installed one anyway. Of corse it didnt fit and when I went on the website to return, it wouldnt let me because they clame they are the correct ones. Couldnt get ahold of a real person so called the corporate office and they hung up on me. Ive never dealt w such a worthless company before. My credit card company is disputing the charge so we will see what happens. Im not making another 300.00 mistake w RockAuto. Should have stayed w parts geek.

danb223
11/17/17

The prices are great! When it all works things are great! When it doesn't is the problem. That's when you find out they just don't care. Literally they just don't care. You are a dollar sign. If you threaten the intake of that you will be the enemy!!! Shop Amazon. At least you have some recourse!

mikeb442
11/17/17

charged 80 dollars for product i did not get ,you cant speak to anyone about it no customer service and no way to get the money back,so much for getting a bargain what i did get ended up costing me dearly

christiaanb13
11/16/17

I ordered a part. It didn't work. They said it can't be returned because "it wasn't intended" for my car. Yet, two lines above the message, it says it is intended for my car.

stevenf81
11/14/17

I ordered three of the same part, two were right one was wrong. Their website seems designed to frustrate you into giving up. Last order from me
Steve F

jimmyc77
11/14/17

I ordered a kit on Monday to repair the heating on my daughter's car. I paid extra for next day delivery. Tuesday afternoon parts arrive. I'm very satisfied until I open the box and find most of the parts are missing. They wouldn't ship a complete kit until they had confirmation that the incomplete and useless kit they sent me was on its way back to them. A long story short, I got the complete kit Friday afternoon. The fact that I had spent extra for next day delivery for something that took 4 days to get to me due to their error fell on deaf ears. They did point out that they were being so kind as to ship the complete kit at no extra cost to me. My, how good of them. no offer of a small in-store credit or anything like that. Just a "It sucks to be you." Up- to this point, I've had nothing but good things to say about RockAuto.

lukem70
10/31/17

The parts Rock Auto sent me are cheap. They use plastic parts where the OEM part is metal. They have a terrible return policy. Their website is misleading. I thought I was ordering the correct part because it came up for my year, make and model, but it was for a year newer. Not only did it waste my time, they refused to pay for return shipping. I order everything on the internet and no company has ever done this to me.

richardi18
10/31/17

I ordered six engine coils with two day shipping.
Rock Auto charge of $247.73 went through my Visa, but I wasn't sent a confirmation for the part.
I must have tried twenty time online to find out yet I wasn't sent any info other than it was charged.

They have no customer service and I called anyways to see if I could cancel the order. This guy kept telling me to go online speaking over my voice. This is extremely rude. I told him my I'm unable to get anywhere online so he hung up.

Really! You take my payment. You provide no confirmation. You hang up. Wow. Online info refers more to what the carrier's do with packages.

The worst service ever. I'd not recommend purchasing from this joke of a place. You don't save money when you have to deal with such a headache. I hope they go out of business. I lived in Wausau WI and this isn't how business is conducted.

timh124
10/26/17

I used to be a very loyal customer, but I think I am looking for a new parts supplier. Too bad, I really used to like these guys, but I'm getting concerned about getting ripped off. The big changes I have noticed is that the prices don't seem to have changed much but the shipping prices have increased killing their margin, they used to ship promptly but over the last year or so they have gotten very slow about processing shipping orders and customer service used to be decent and seems to have disappeared.
I have purchased lots of parts from these guys and generally always was pretty positive. I would pick the part that I wanted, order it take the cheapest shipping option. The thing that was great is that I could count on the parts being about 1/2 the price of what I could get them for locally. I checked this regularly as I have been ordering from them regularly about 1 to 2 times per month on average over the last 7 years or so to the tune of several hundred dollars per year possibly up to $1000.

michaelc524
10/26/17

I ordered a part for my car and the part that was shipped was incorrect. I went through the tedious process of returning an item to them and lost the shipping fee and ordered another part that I was hoping would be the correct item. It was ALSO incorrect. I again went through the tedious process and shipped it back losing another $15ish dollars. Instead of this terrible company giving MY money back they gave me a store credit!! Why would I EVER want to buy another thing from a company that can't get the parts right and then keeps YOUR money when they are wrong?? I'll never buy anything from this place again and will never refer ANY of the mechanics I know to them, including my dad who has been a mechanic for the state of Arkansas for 38 years. Not like they care. I'll just chalk the lost money up as a learning fee to learn how terrible it is to do any business with this horrible company.

johns2467
10/25/17

I'm writing about Rip-off Auto, I mean Rockauto. Simply put I ordered lower control arms for my 2007 Honda Accord. With my car on the lift and parts taken off, we opened the box to find they sent upper control arms. Since the car was disabled I had to purchase the correct parts from a local parts store for more $. So in returning these parts, I was credited only some of my money less $17.00 shipping and restocking fees. They have no call center and everything is done via email. They basically told me tough beans to me. I recommend spending a few more dollars and going somewhere who can tell the difference between upper and lower. Terrible experience!

todda34
10/24/17

I purchased (4) Shock Absorber's and they arrived quickly. I installed the first 3 without any issue. Due to the Corrosion in the North East, I was forced to "CUT" the shocks off of my truck in the Front to facilitate the replacement. When I opened the Box for the 4th Shock, I noticed that "MONROE" mis-boxed the shock and I received a 34529 instear of a 34520 and they are completely incompatible for the application (Front vs Rear) (again, this was NOT ROCKAUTO's fault).

I went to call them and discovered that you had to do the return on-line without any Customer Service. The Descriptions said they would ship it out as soon as it entered the FEDEX System. I quickly boxed it up, labeled it and watched it put into the hands of a FEDEX EMPLOYEE. I then called their phone number and was treated with such disrespect, ZERO CARE for Customer Service and told that he was going to "TERMINATE THIS CALL".

I told him that I was forced to "CUT THE SHOCK OFF" and I can not safely drive the vehicle without a Shock and then I asked him how can I get the CORRECT SHOCK mailed out today as I have done everything asked of me and he again told me he was going to TERMINATE THE CALL....

LESSON LEARNED = If you get the Correct Parts (as I have numerous times before) it works well and you can save a lot of money. If you get the Wrong Part, you are at the Mercy of a Computer and you can hope and pray they send out the right part the 2nd time around.

karll45
10/24/17

I ordered a slave cylinder from rock auto for my car. the mechanic installed the part as was recommended by the warranty. The part turned out to be defective and now i am left with a high bill to the mechanic and no vehicle because rock auto denies that their part is faulty and that it is my problem for going with a mechanic. at least they could cover a part of the bill as they screwed me over with the part.

robertc395
10/16/17

Want to thank Rockauto great prices on parts and accessories and also for the great customer service they provided for me great service and very prompt couldnt ask for anything more

mikes606
10/11/17

I couldn't return 2 new controll arms cause they were 10 days past return.the sway bar links broke in a week.I couldn't wait for new ones. Went to napa to get new ones. Sent the bad ones to the same warehouse as the controll arms.they said it was the wrong place to send them to and wouldn't forward them or refund me.I already got new ones since I needed the car.So lost the sway bar price & didn't need new ones

colinw36
10/3/17

Bought a water pump for my Audi and was send a water pump for a Toyota but in the Audi box.
It has cost me shipping, duty and no I have to rent a car and re-order a new part.
After hours of navigating their phone automated system I finally got a human that was less interested in customer service and more interested in his next break... they offered no concessions, no compromise absolutely nothing to help me out.

luisp57
9/27/17

I purchased for shocks from rock auto on November 2016. They worked well for about 7 months but then started bottoming out so i tried to get a warranty exchange form rock auto because at the time of purchased they stated it had a lifetime warranty. I was told that they no longer work with this manufacturer and will not honor the warranty and was to to contact the manufacturer. That is horrible and very dishonest and i will tell the world that rock auto does not stand by the products they sell.

ellisa11
9/25/17

My most recent purchase was an instrument cluster for my 03 Chevy Silverado. When looking at the part, there is a video showing you how easy it is to install - I had thought I would not even try to mess with "disassembling" the dash. I got a $600-700 dealership job done in 1/2 hour for $135. Ordered 2:00 PM Friday (web site said to expect by a week after the following Monday) and got it in 24 hours. Shipped from the rebuilder (Dorman) that had to set the mileage before shipping. Dorman did forget to reset the hours - not a big deal. My many previous purchases may not have been quite as outstanding as this one, but all quite satisfactory. I really like their web interface - how easy it is to see the variety of brands/quality for what you need. I have bought all my parts for my truck and my wife's car for the last few years here. I am lucky to have a friend that will help with smaller repairs and a local dealership that will let me bring parts.

richardb351
9/14/17

In the past 10 years RockAuto has gotten worse and worse. I no longer use them because of problems in ordering. I once ordered a catalytic converter and it was the OEM made in America $700 the O2 sensor holes were in the wrong place after installing my mechanic found this out RockAuto would not take it back!!!

jenniferh307
9/12/17

First of all, I'm a female who knows nothing about cars. I purchased a part after putting in my cars information. Once I received the item and brought it down to the repair shop and they started working on my car they then told me it was the wrong part. It cost me 1/2 an hour in labor to be told this so I'm now out $50 because of Rock Autos mistake. The parts sent match up to a Ford truck- I have a Volkswagen car. I initiated the return and refund process, sent back the unopened package and had to pay return shipping even though rock auto advertises this part fits my car and it does NOT. I sent the return back. Originally they refused the package from the post office but then a few days later received it. They have had my return since September 5th, their website has said "will be inspected by September 8". They have had my return for 7 days. Buyers beware! They will send you parts that do not fit YOUR car and then who knows how long until you receive your refund

deanb80
9/7/17

Sent wrong part twice called customer service asked of they could make it right, they said they couldn't give me anything but a refund which I want but they charged me for return label even though it was there fault. I will never buy anything from them again can't say enough bad about them.

ryanb144
9/6/17

Just like the title says, 2 different orders in a row resulted in defective parts. Their "customer service" diesn't care, refuses to provide any assistance, constantly tells you to use the site, and then hangs up on you. I will NEVER buy parts from rockauto again. Not willing to sacrafice decent customer service in order to save a couple bucks.

ms457
9/2/17

RockAuto sent me the wrong part and then charged me to send it back by not refunding me the shipping charges I paid to get it. Not very good business, and their customer service really sucks.

Whare is my package. An $85 inside door panal. Part # 4029357733 .ca ordered 12/22/16 rock auto had no problem taking my money but apparently don't know how to make a shipment. Pissed

By Shawn c.

Questions? Get answers from the RockAuto staff and other customers.

5 Photos for RockAuto